[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 20 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1557804152861.png (112 KB, 4146x1870)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
never got to do one of these but i always enjoyed reading them.

post yourself, cosplay you'd like to do/have done in the past, give some context, and help others with suggestions.

as always, give suggestions in order to recieve them.
>>
ran out of room but i'm pretty chatty/extroverted so i prefer to cosplay characters that are a little more bubbly (or at least eccentric) or else something feels off.
>>
dropped pic
>>
>>10370205
You'd look 12 if you weren't 130 lbs. You'd do best as Okdaira and Kiki if you don't want to show a lot, which is fine.
>>
>>10370205
The entire bottom row.
>>
>>10370205
If you are willing to lose weight I think you'd make a good Futaba. Not that you are fat but Futaba is really skinny & waif like. Those shorts are very unforgiving imo, but you could choose another one of her outfits, like the cargo pants one. The other choices are really nice too, especially Kiki and Akira.
>>
>>10370205
I think the bottom right character would suit you best! Also the pic of you with the braids reminds me of Beverly Marsh for some reason, I think you could pull her off well!
>>
>>10370546
You'd be perfect as Catherine!
>>
>>10370546
Your top right picture screams Saki Hanajima from Fruits Basket to me. I think all of your choices suit you well, but if I had to pick one I'd say Stocking. Some other characters that would suit you would be Allister from Sword and Shield, Android 18 from Dragon Ball, Ryuko from Kill A Kill, or Bishamon from Norgami.
>>
>>10370205
Futaba definitely, but I could also see you as Lotte from Little Witch Academia (or even Akko), Pudding from Tokyo Mew Mew, Riko from Made in Abyss, Crona or Medusa from Soul Eater and Yuki from School Live. Young, bubbly, and childish characters seem like they would fit you best.
>>
>>10370854
>Crona or Medusa
no.
>>
>>10370860
Well, that's the beauty of a suggestion. You don't have to take it. I was trying to incorporate some variety into the suggestions, but okay!
>>
>>10370205
You'd make a good princess daisy.
>>
>>10370938
don't worry, that wasn't the anon you were responding to (me), i appreciate your suggestions!
>>
>>10370957
Oh! Well, I'm glad you appreciate them. I hope that there was at least one in there that you liked
>>
File: Cosplan.png (3.96 MB, 4146x1870)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB PNG
The con I usually go to might be cancelled, so I might just scrap all of these and make a Solaire of Astora cosplay instead. Fast and mostly easy.
Feel free to recommend me anything though.

>>10370205
Pippi longstocking. On a slightly more serious note, your whole list looks good for you, even though I don't know the bottom three

>>10370546
Ashe gets my vote, but Stocking is a close second. Have you considered Mercy as well?
>>
>>10371005
I would say Obi is your best one here. I really want to say Wolverine but you look too friendly!
>>
>>10371005
you're adorable anon!
>>
>>10371005
You'd make a great Obi-wan but there are never too many Solaires
>>
File: Cosplay suggestion.png (3.51 MB, 4146x1870)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB PNG
>>10370205

You'd look great dressed like Kasane teto from vocaloid

>>10370546
You'd kill it as Ashe

>>10371005
From the list i choose Wolverine

If you are open to video game cosplay, I'd suggest the eponymous Sekiro from Sekiro: Shadow die twice
>>
>>10371746
>Kasane teto from vocaloid
Not OP, but I see it.
>>
File: 1586375026836.jpg (1.15 MB, 4136x1872)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>10370205 Futaba easily
>>10370546 I'd go with ashe
>>10371005 If you want to go through the time and effort of making a full mando I would. I mean I am in eva foam.
>>10371746 I think you could do a pretty cool Nova.
>>
>>10371035
>>10371166
It'll probably be Obi then
>>10371037
Not a suggestion but thanks
>>10371746
You'd make a really cool Chris Redfield. Goal topless cosplay could be Flex Mentallo, if you feel extra silly/confident (also Stargate kicks ass)
>>10372329
Actually, it would the second Mando armor I'd make. The first one was for a friend and it was good enough to get into the local Mandalorian Mercs group. If you want to make your own, I'd recommend using 3mm plastic sheets instead of eva foam.
Also, do Genji using a mix of that same plastic for the smaller details and then eva foam for the thicker part. Or maybe Doomguy, bonus points for the abs window
>>
File: suggestion for me.png (3.09 MB, 4146x1870)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB PNG
>>10370205
I'm gonna second that other guy's suggestion about Teto, she's super your type. Also, while it may seem silly, maybe Aqua or Megumin from Konosuba.
>>10370546
I'm gonna second your Cheryl idea, she doesn't get enough love. For a personal suggestion, you'd probably do good as Momo from Hero Academia as well.
>>10371746
This might be out of left field, but Gene from God Hand would be great in your hands (no pun intended).
>>
>>10372560
I’d go with your number 1 cosplay idea
>>
File: sugg.png (2.96 MB, 4146x1870)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
Last thread died before I got a reply : (
>>10370205
Futaba would be a great option!! Her outfit doesnt look too hard to get but she does show shoulder a lot so I think it's a big part of her image, may be a deal breaker for you.
>>10370546
Agreed with most replies that you'd fit catherine really well though Oliver would be really cute since he's not too masculine and I think your face would work well with younger boys like that.
>>10371005
If you wanna go real deep in to more weeb stuff you could do Michiru from im@s sideM
>>
>>10371746
>Kasane teto from vocaloid

She's an utau, not a Vocaloid
>>
>>10374290
Same dif
>>
File: CosplaySuggestionRequest2.png (1.25 MB, 4146x1870)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
First off, thanks for helping me decide on Kass last thread. I took a crack at making a gijinka design for him since I lack the skill to make a proper mascot costume.
I'm preparing to bring my accordion and play several zelda songs while in cosplay, but I also want to play other music for the congoers. What songs do you guys think people would like to hear in the hall of an anime con?

>>10370205
I think any of your top three ideas would be good. I think the bottom three would be hard to recognize if you weren't part of a group.
>>10370546
Seconding Ashe. I think you'd make a nice Palutena from Kid Icarus.
>>10371005
I'd love to see more Belmonts. I could also see you doing Wolfwood from Trigun.
>>10372560
Seconding Ishigami, although I'd like to see what your idea for the Kirby gijinka would be.
>>
>>10374904
>>10374904
You've done a great job of translating the design elements for Kass's design. It's very recognizable!

>what songs?
Check out your predecessors on youtube and the popular characters of the year. I'd say learn the openings for Sailor Moon, Legend of Zelda, Fire Force, Black Clover, Naruto, etc.
>>
bump
>>
>>10371005
I can only really comment on the Star Wars costumes since I'm in that sphere.
For the Mandalorian it really comes down to how much money you have. Getting an entire set of armour chromed is ridiculously expensive.
As for Obi-wan, the robed version is perhaps the least costly option. Though the Clone Wars (not The Clone Wars) Obi-wan in phase 1 armour does look pretty sick. Plus you've got the looks.
>>
Bump
>>
>>10375050
Thanks for the advice! I’ve been using this cosplay idea as an excuse to learn songs and watch new anime during quarantine. Some of these shows contain some serious bangers. (lookin at you, Fire Force)
Good idea with looking up people doing similar stuff on youtube, gave me a good indication of what music people would recognize.
I didn’t realize how many Spidermans and Sailor scouts there were at every convention ever.
>>
im too scared to post a picture of myself on 4chan but this is a good thread idea!
>>
>>10389270
> Some of these shows contain some serious bangers. (lookin at you, Fire Force)
Right?! I'm glad that the suggestion helped.

>I didn’t realize how many Spidermans and Sailor scouts there were at every convention ever.
lol, yeah it's a staple. Can't stay I don't want to make one for myself either.
>>
>>10389290
You're not alone in that. I've heard many people say that they feel the same. I wonder if there's a way we can incorporate people who don't want to? These threads die out quickly because the requirement of having to post yourself scares away so many people.
>>
>>10389318
Perhaps we could tweak the thread's setup a bit to make it clear that you aren't required to post pics of yourself to get suggestions? I was able to get feedback last thread without posting my face, but while making the post I assumed that breaking form would get me ignored into oblivion.
I took a stab at revising the template, what do you guys think?
>>
>>10389779
Oh you fixed the slight line error thing from the comments box, thank god. A look alike option is an interesting suggestion!
>>
>>10389779
Not a bad idea really. Should help for those who feel more uncomfortable posting pictures of themselves.
>>
>>10374270
I’m not really knowledgeable about genderbending/crossplay stuff, but I’d go with Nico. I haven’t seen any of the series’s you listed there, but I was still able to recognize Nico at a first glance.
>>
>>10389318
>>10389779
It Could be something like a list of traits you like in characters that you’ve cosplayed or plan to cosplay. Then people could suggest characters based off of it.

For example something like;
>Females or feminine guys
>Short or younger characters
>Blue color scheme
>Tan
>No extreme or hard to style hairstyles
>>
>>10397632
This is an interesting idea!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.