[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: nieuwe op.jpg (580 KB, 2391x1400)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>10292541
>Heroes goes anime convention with Made in Asia NL.
>Artist alleys at cons, which do you like and why?
>looking back at a past decade of cosplay and conventions and how things have changed.
>DCC, Tomo, Miku concert and more events happened.
>Would you bully a lolita?
>Lots of Animecon Classic stuff: ticket prices increased to €69 early bird yet no "nice..." joke was made, dealers still waiting for information, no artist alley at Classic, no more CCCC due to budget cuts, visitor questions about the same subjects going unanswered, conflicting information in statements, hotel registration opening went wrong, staff member caught posing as a visitor during damage control, hotel "corrected" prices post-booking to twice the agreed amount, Animecon announced they won't help visitors with the hotel issue and held a Q&A on Discord.
>Where to meet crafty people?
>Some Dutch maid cafe talk.
>Questions about Magical Castle Event, a likely scam by or friends from LemiCon.
>Viencon sold out, is now looking into expanding.
>MIA BE and TwitchCon got cancelled due to corona. DCC announced they will clean the toilets and place a few hand sanitizer pumps to combat spreading of corona at their con.
>US anon is moving to Antwerpen and looking for con suggestions.

Upcoming major events:
>Heroes DCC (March 28-29, Utrecht), a large comic con by Heroes.
>Heroes FACTS (April 4-5, Gent BE), pretty much DCC except it's in Belgium.
>TomoCon (April 18-19, Berghem), everyone's favourite cheap anime convention.
>Elfia (april 25-26, Haarzuilens), a large fantasy fair.
>Nishicon (May 2 - 3, Almelo), a smaller anime convention.
Full list: https://dutchgulls.nl/en/agenda/

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over.
>Our site with a store list, newcomers guide and more: https://dutchgulls.nl/
>Our Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY
>>
Howlong till they cancel DCC?
>>
>>10355432
Until the government calls it quits I think. Im pretty sure the province of Utrecht will be 'shut down' much like Brabant pretty soon
>>
>>10355434#

They better announce this either soon, or have more strict rules at the con regarding hygene
>>
>>10355432
DCC already made it clear they have no intention of cancelling unless absolutely necessary. So unless nearly all their guests cancel or the "Veiligheidsregio Utrecht" decides to forbid all large events it will just take place as planned. Just don't forget to wear your hazmat suit and don't share your bottle of water.
>>
>>10355432
Might be possible that they cancel (or postpone) it 1 week beforehand, just like (Heroes) Made in Asia in Brussels. I guess they are waiting to see if the situation will change positively.
>>
File: tomo1.jpg (286 KB, 934x960)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
Tomocon
>>
Kek, how many free tickets did they already pass around?

No way theyre gonna stay under 1500 attendants
>>
Think many cons will wait till maybe a weekend before. And if the goverment is going to get strickter it will probaly change i think cons like tomo and nishicon can not be 100% sure yet
>>
>>10356155
I think you are correct (as we could see Made in Asia do it), but it sucks for the people who are preparing to sell their merchandise. For example, MostCutest has a surplus of products, since Made in Asia is postponed. So they are having a sale to get rid of it.

Let's wait and see what the Dutch government will decide today and later on.
>>
DCC is kill, the government has spoken. Until March 31st all events with +100 attendees are to be cancelled.
>>
>>10356156
Well, all events with more than 100 attendees has be cancelled or postponed, this ban is until at least march 31.

That means that DCC has to be at least postponed.
>>
>>10356185
This will not go well for Easy Fairs.
>>
>>10356185

At least postponed but that doesnt mean DCC has to do it. Travel ban means at least american actors etc. cant travel etc.

I think they will cancel but well means they wont have to refund us because the cause is corona.
>>
oh no muh cosplay :((((((((
>>
On Nu.nl I read that HDCC is cancelled.
>>
>>10356249
https://www.nu.nl/muziek/6037000/deze-grote-evenementen-in-maart-gaan-wegens-coronavirus-niet-door.html
Guess now we'll play the waiting game for an update from HDCC.
>>
>>10356249
>>10356257
Moved to 4-5th of July
>>
So we're getting a summer DCC then. Will this reveal more thottery cosplay-wise?

Also I'm getting pretty sick of everyone complaining about how hard they worked on their cosplay and that cons are getting cancelled because of "just a flu".
>>
>>10356821
Well that's narcism. These people can only care about themselves, the world revolves around them didn't you know?
>>
FACTS in Belgium also just got cancelled due to corona. No reschedule, they'll just skip the spring edition and hope to see everyone at the fall edition.
>>
>>10355423
I'm not even Dutch, but I love the fuck out of whoever posted the header image. LunLun is best girl.
>>
>>10356825
What a life. Living in on a planet that fully revolves around one slighty overweight girl and her almost finished boku no hero cosplay.
>>
And there goes Firstlook as well. #Corona strikes again!
>>
Sorry for off topic but wat is the anime on the op pic?
>>
>>10358293
Hana no Ko Lunlun
>>
>>10358291
TIL FirstLook still existed. Judging by the FB responses I can't say I've missed much...
>>
>>10358293
>>10358317
The english name is Candy Candy. Its a classic.
>>
No worries everyone! Tomocon is still happening! :^)
>>
>>10358825
We will see in a few weeks. We can't be for sure at all.
>>
>>10358481
Candy Candy isn't the same anime, but the same style. >>10358317 has the Japanese name but in the US it was localized as Flower Angel.
>>
Organization of AnimeCon announced the 22nd edition. It will take place at De Broodfabriek in Rijswijk, 11-13 June 2021. So they skip the regular in 2020 and are still planning to hold Classic in 2021 as well.

>> So what about the difference between AnimeCon and AnimeCon Classic?
>>AnimeCon is aimed at any and all (Japanese) pop-culture fans with lots of vendors, extensive game room, a huge variety of food and drinks, concerts, lectures and competitions of all kinds. AnimeCon Classic is our 56-hours continuous convention with more exclusive events, selected vendors, cozy bars and a richer experience all together.
>>
>>10359206
So no second edition? Shocking!
>>
>>10359403
>So no second edition? Shocking!
Not really, seeing the shit that is going on in the Netherlands with all the cancellations and postponed events, better to ride out the storm and make plans for calmer times.

I am still wondering if Animecon in Almelo will continue or that one is going to be cancelled or postponed as well?
>>
>>10359422
It wasn't shocking even before CO-VID broke loose...
>>
>>10359424
>It wasn't shocking even before CO-VID broke loose...
I guess so, Ahoy was not really an option for them anymore, it was most likely (too) expensive and given that the Ahoy security for example where just shit, they also will never have Ahoy exclusively for themselves unless they grow so much that they would be bigger than DCC. I don't see happen any time soon.

So it seems that if they stayed at Ahoy that they still had to share the premises with old geezers visiting Julio Iglesias or Brain Addams.

The Broodfabriek is a good choice though, a bit smaller usually means you can have that location for yourself, it has in my opinion more atmosphere compared to Ahoy, and again in the Randstad, close to public transport, lots of parking space nearby, I don't know about hotels, there is one close at the edge of that part of Rijswijk.
>>
Anyone else see the news about Tomocon? Instead of postponing, they want it to continue in April. It sounds like such a bad and irresponsible idea.
>>
>>10359696
I read there post as. Most positive senario that they can go on in april

As yes we probably already can predict . Not gonna happen. And then i have the feeling that people stop reading. Senario 3 and 4 is a date in september or in june

I like it more that they keep it updated like then then in comparison nishicon who said 2 weeks ago that it goes on but has not given an update yet. And may is faster here then we think
>>
As they state in their last message, the measures taken by the government are not extended after 31st of march 2020, which is factual incorrect because they already extended the measures up until april 6th 2020.

as the RIVM states: "Sports and fitness clubs, saunas, sex clubs and coffee shops close from Sunday 15 March 6:00 pm to Monday 6 April."
>>
>>10359422
>I am still wondering if Animecon in Almelo will continue or that one is going to be cancelled or postponed as well?

So far I understood this event will take place, but they keep an eye on the COVID situation. Since a lot of things are insecure and the government can give extensions, it might be that TomoCon can get in trouble. It is a sad situation. I'm not even sure if things in May and June will continue as normal.

>>10359696
>>10359702
>>
>>10359703

Everyone in their right mind with at least two working braincells will know just looking at other countries and live kabinet speech this wont be over for at least a month or two before it will become steady/in control.

If this was such a short thing the prime minister and the kind would not have made a seperate video/speech.

Knowing Mark/Tomo he will most likely cancel last minute due to Corona ( while he could already have taken action ) so he wont have to refund everyone. No way he will do another editiion where standholders and visitors wont have to pay.

But seeing how part of cosplay community is acting there will be enough who would still go if given the chance.
>>
>>10360627
>Knowing Mark/Tomo he will most likely cancel last minute due to Corona
They are literally waiting for the moment that the government will say that it is forbidden to organise events. That way they can cancel it without losing too much money. But if they cancel, they need to refund. If you mean that they will not refund when they postpone, also sounds silly. Because not everyone will be able to come to the event. There should be a choice available to ask for your money back. But what is a bit silly is that they are already having other options available and presented to the audience. So they are not having a problem with moving the event to another date, but wait because the government hasn't said it is forbidden to have this big of an event (in coronavirus hotspot North Brabant). That is something I don't really understand. Why wait and give yourself (the organisation) so much stress?
>>
>>10360646
>literally waiting for the moment that the government will say it is forbidden
Aka most Dutch citizens. I'm surprised most people in Amsterdam aren't dead already from eating contaminated poffertjes in the squares or taking yoga lessons in the parks.
>>
>>10358833
You are correct, my mistake. Messed them up.
>>
Opinions on this? https://youtu.be/I_CB6ydMFk0
>>
>>10361406
I am not going to watch this.
>>
To be exact many events will wait till the goverment says no. I mean dcc would not have cancelled or move to another date if the current measurements were not taken. The only thing is i think they knew it was a possibility and alreadybwhere working on a new date without or knowledge . ( i mean you can not change the date that fast normally so i think they where already prepared). But if tomo postpone i would suit to do the same as dcc. If you are not able to go you get a refund
>>
>>10361406
As linking this video here and finding it on facebook was not hard anymore. The chairman of tomo reacted to it that i probably next tomo will be in september
>>
Or so I’ve heard, so tomocon is definitely cancelled then? Despite the fact that this quarantaine should only last till April 6th?
>>
>>10361483
April 6th won't be the end of it, mark my words.
>>
>>10361504
This.
>>
>>10361483

goodbye Tomocon. at least till June
>>
Even Acon at june 5 is very unlikely now!
>>
So I feel like I might’ve spoken too soon by saying this whole quarantine thing wouldn’t last longer than April 6th
>>
Conventions and festival that need to be postponed or canceld: Elfia, Keltfest, Tomofair, Mysteria, Made in Asia, Japanmarkt Leiden.

Animecon Classic is very uncertain at the moment.
>>
>>10361557
And Nishicon!
>>
>>10361543
Good.
>>
>>10361543
On the website it already says 5 and 6 September.
>>
File: con season.jpg (19 KB, 678x328)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
I found this >__<
>>
>>10361824
It is fitting.
>>
File: corona_tour_2020.png (449 KB, 698x450)
449 KB
449 KB PNG
So how are all of you coping with so many events being cancelled or postponed and not knowing how many more will suffer the same fate this year? How has it been affecting your cosplay plans and daily life?

I hope you all stay safe and healthy during all of this so we can meet again once all of this has blown over.
>>
>>10361911
Mostly now seeing al the shit go loose on facebook( mostly on tomo but also some other event people saying my dress or costume blabla bla) and mostly suprised how pissed of some weebs get and how much they think me me me and the rest can die

For myself i bought a hometrainer for at home as mu gym is closed . The pool is closed and my fighting lessons do not go through. 2 positive points:most cons will be around the end of the year now so con season shifts quite a lot and i have more time to make costumes now
>>
>>10361911

It is actually going prety well. Indeed enough idiots wanting to push meets, still going out for shoots etc. Hope those idiots will get fined.
>>
>>10361911
The one that gets me the most is Easter with the f senpai :(
>>
>>10361911
I guess I'll be saving a ton of money on cosplay and event tickets, though it'll be pretty sad not seeing my friends at events. A lot of us live far apart so we don't have many opportunities to see each other outside of these events.

Other than that, I can already predict that loads of events will be booked on the same dates if everything gets postponed. Dokomi just announced their new date as September 12 and 13, the exact same dates as the new Summer Tales Boutique lolita event. I can only see it getting worse from this point out.
>>
>>10362019
But Summer Tales is a Lolita event and Dokomi an Anime event, so I don’t think those two will bother each other much.
>>
>>10362019
>>10362124

I now even have more time to prepare for dokomi, so I don't mind the change
>>
Its gonna be a busy summer for cosplay ,

Dcc -start of july (5 and 6)
Castlefest - july-august(30-2)
Nish- start of august(8-9)
Abunai- end of august(28-30)
Viencon -end of august(28-30)
Tomo - start of september(5-6)

If it goes on like this every weekend in summer a convention
>>
>>10362926
Unless the government decides upon an extension of the quarantine period.
>>
Anyone doing the stayhomecomiccon thing? I don't understand what's going on, am I too boomer?
>>
>>10364130
All I know is the person in third place for the compo is blatantly vote manipulating and I'm having fun vote manipulating those in first and second place to make sure that cheater won't win.
>>
>>10364674
>All I know is the person in third place for the compo is blatantly vote manipulating
Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed this.
>>
>>10364674
Ofcourse they had to host an easy manipulatable cosplay contest. Do they not know this community?
>>
>>10364695
In their defence, the whole stay at home con thing was only set up two weeks ago or so. If anything I'm surprised they managed to arrange all of this to begin with in such a short timespan..
But yeah, it's totally not obvious when you suddenly gain +250 votes as a nobody cosplayer at a rate of roughly 2 votes per minute for 2 hours straight...
>>
>>10364696
I think even for the first place person to get that many votes per refresh is very obvious..
>>
>>10364695
It's always the same people who win stuff like this. More fans = more votes.

This is just a popularity contest.
>>
Animecon is also postponed

Animecon 2021 at "De Broodfabriek" in Rijswijk, 11-13 June 2021
Animecon Classic at Theaterhotel Almelo, 24-26 September 2021
>>
File: death_knocks_at_cons.png (535 KB, 800x450)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
Mandatory update now that Animecon Classic 2020 got cancelled due to Corona.

Good luck fighting things out with the hotel everyone. The arrangement rooms are rebooked to the new date in 2021, but all rooms booked normally you will have to sort out yourself. Same goes for getting your money back if you already paid or cancelling an unpaid reservation.
>>
>>10365135
They also stated you will have to agree to the doubled room price to keep your arrangement next year. So no more trying to get the hotel to stick to the originally agreed price.
>>
>>10365139
It's like they want to drive people away.
>>
>>10365149
>It's like they want to drive people away.
Simple minded fool!
>>
File: Animecon_2021.jpg (465 KB, 880x1320)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
Man, animecon really had to cut down a lot on the artists this time.
>>
>>10366345
At least it fits the 20's theming, especially with the whole epidemic cancelling the con. And here I thought they would just simply mimic Abunai's theme element from last year.
>>
>>10366345
Suffice to say that's not official AnimeCon art. I do like the effort.
>>10367798
Why would they do that? There's no need for that: both have enough ideas and creativity to avoid borrowing.
>>
>>10370252
Why would you even wanna see that. She's disgusting. Also, pretty sure name dropping isn't allowed anymore?
>>
Hohohoho.. Abunai weekend tickets on sale from april 16th for just a lousy 64 euros!
>>
#cossafe
>>
Abunai is getting fucked, one way or the other
>>
>>10374876
Most likely yes. But at least they already stated you can get your ticket refunded in the case of postponing and hotel rooms can be cancelled and refunded free of charge until mid July which is new. So even if the government decides to extend the current measures by only a month or two that still leaves plenty of time for the final decision.

But frankly, for the sake of all event holders I hope the Dutch government will just follow Germany and Belgium and flat out cancel all events this summer rather than keeping everyone in doubt month to month. Simple fact is that for as long as the 1.5 meter distancing rule stays in place there will be no way for a convention or festival to take place.
>>
>>10374876
not to forget the other conventions who postponed to somewhere in August if the Dutch government decide to follow Germany and Belgium.
>>
>>10374891
Rumors are that the government will forbid all events until the first of September, so I highly doubt it will happen.
>>
File: IMG_20200421_131352.jpg (141 KB, 896x662)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
I've seen a lot of Dutch cosplayers use this hashtag and idk, it seems distasteful. Opinions?
>>
>>10378703
Cringe
>>
>>10378703
What the hell why even
>>
RIP Abunai and Viencon I guess
>>
File: death updated.png (620 KB, 920x450)
620 KB
620 KB PNG
Well, all events until September first are cancelled. Can't say I'm surprised and in a way I'm glad. At least now organisers, visitors and related businesses know what to expect for a longer period. Doesn't make it any less bitter to me tho...
>>
>>10378986
Tomo was almost directly promoting their free tomotaste event that will take place in September. But we can't be sure if there will be an extension or not...
>>
>>10379031
TomoTaste is just the catering at their events and not a standalone thing. They just like to make "we have a food court" sound special so people get less salty over having their food and drinks get confiscated upon entrance.
>>
Dont really like how dcc is doing. Not to be rude or someting but they are the convention woth the post income. But make it the hardest to get your money back. And them we have tomo who is like . Here take it back.....

Anime hie there refund option in the small english part
>>
>>10380277
you know that every convention forbids food and drinks right? Animecon also checked at both the world forum and ahoy. which totally makes sense since you're not bringing your own stuff to a restaurant either, and that's what tomotaste is: a restaurant! it's just rediculous that some people try to sneak in entire KFC buckets and pizza's.
>>
>>10380277
>TomoTaste is just the catering at their events and not a standalone thing. They just like to make "we have a food court" sound special
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>10378703
putting that in your bio and claiming to be an adult..
kinda contradicting bro.
>>
So how do you all feel about stay at home cons? Anything you like, find lacking about them or do you find them just a waste of time?
>>
>>10384538
okay idea, bad execution. waste of time.
>>
>>10384538
So AnimeCon just announced an online convention. You can send in ideas for events, if you want.
>>
>>10384538
Tbh I really don't get what the point is. I mainly go to cons to see my friends IRL.
>>
>>10384538
It was a nice way for artists to make some money on commissions but that's about it. You just can't get the same convention vibe going online.
>>
File: file.png (292 KB, 536x790)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
A bit late but I only now noticed that nozlan is kill.
Who will take it's place?
>>
>>10398910
Probably nobody, honestly. Or some people who whill attempt it but highly underestimate the work/time Nozlan put in
>>
>can find English sewing dictionaries
>can find Dutch sewing dictionaries
>still can't manage to translate many English sewing terms to Dutch

Does anyone here just so happen to know what 'cotton Silesia' fabric is called in Dutch? Google is no help, but I'd prefer to buy from local (online) fabric shops rather than import from the UK.
>>
>>10404383
>cotton Silesia

I feel your pain.

Dutch fabrics just don't get those fancy names but are just named for what they are or named after the way they are made, which makes searching for fabrics kinda hard.

From what I could find out, Cotton silesia is a twilled cotton fabric.
Twilled = keperbinding in dutch.
My guess is that Cotton Silesia is Keper Katoen.
>>
So how was Animecon from home? I heard from friends it was boring as hell.
>>
>>10408607
Well a PowerPoint presentation about swords without any photos sounds really boring (especially when the person who was doing this presentation was rude as hell). The best things imho will start tonight.
>>
>>10408607
horrible execution and rather cringy
>>
>>10408607

It wasn't all that interesting. I tuned in a couple of times on Twitch but quickly tuned out again to do better things. A lot of the content just wasn't for me and the social feeling you get at conventions was missing. I did check the discord a couple of times but it was mostly just the annoying yaoi guy circlejerking with the crew. I was really hoping for something better with the +-60 people watching.

Also missed seeing art and crafting content aside from the usual cosplay guests. I did notice the artist alley on discord but that really was just a separate channel where they all buried eachothers socials.
>>
>>10409439
You know it's bad when the most active member is the creep from the animecon porn video.
>>
>>10408607
I didn't mind the music evening on Saturday.
>>
DCC online? No one any comment?
>>
>>10414295
There's not much to say? It happened and only few cared. People just aren't that interested in At Home conventions anymore now that they've adjusted to the new norm and daily life is picking up again. Personally I unliked their page this weekend after they started flooding artist ads. I sure hope those weren't the posts artists had to pay for.

Also Stay Home Comic Con isn't ran by Heroes nor DCC.
>>
Does luckycat do lewds?
>>
>>10414321
Nah it was all free.
If you applied they would ad you.
>>
>>10414321
Those artists SHCC promotes are pretty shitty too. I'm not going to pay €20+ for something I could've drawn in group 8.
>>
Where were you when Tomo announced they posses 100% effective means to defeat Corona? I forgot where I was myself as my memory got deleted by Tomo for being too cynical.
>>
>>10416687
i don't get why people still go to tomo events, they're organized cheap af and pretty cringe

does anybody know if gamerooms/gamepit or whatever is left of it is doing
>>
File: meme.png (679 KB, 1383x1454)
679 KB
679 KB PNG
>>10416687
It's sad how Tomo keeps removing every comment that questions their ability to host a "100% corona proof" event. People are having serious doubts about their safety at this event in the midsts of a pandemic and rightfully so. But instead of properly addressing these concerns and putting people's minds at rest they just keep deleting their posts. Is this really how you want to treat your (possible) visitors? I think not.

In the time it took them to monitor and remove all those comments they could had easily taken control of the situation by making a proper follow-up comment or post addressing these valid concerns. Hell, even something as basic as editing their preventive measures into the actual announcement would had been enough. But no let's continue making the same mistakes every single time and not learn anything from them. Now have a meme.
>>
>>10416735
These guys are really sure of themselves and rude, what else do you expect of them? We just have to ignore them, then people will forget about this event we should not name.
>>
>>10416687
Next edition: TomoClinic
>>
>>10416687
At least they are smart enough to organize this in late april next year. Maybe they are silently hoping that the authority are not that strict anymore around that time and perhaps we will have a vaccine then.

If that is the case they can turn this market into the usual Tomo-shit fest that it usually is.
>>
>>10417352
Thought they discussed this with the municipality of Oss to get this through. I guess it is according to the rules, but the whole corona proof thing is a bit silly. But they always know how to promote such things.
>>
>>10417352
TomoCon has moved to next year and instead they are now doing a 100% corona proof TinyTomoFair on 5 & 6 September. Oh sorry, a "markt" with a main stage and game room which is totally different than a fair because fairs are considered events and thus are not allowed.
>>
>>10417352

Tomocon is moved to next year, this "market" is supposed to happen this September. They are already claiming this market will be 100% corona proof.
>>10417359
Best way to figure out if they really discussed this through with the municipality of Oss, is by contacting the municipality of Oss about this 100% corona proof "market"

Also let the Municipality know that people have concerns but Tomo is not answering any questions and deleting any comments about it as well.
>>
Seems like DCC fall edition is on and also calling itself "coronaproof". Not a word on their measures however which will be interesting considering it's a +20.000 man indoor event.

Elfia is also trying to make their edition happen after all. Guess they'll have it easier with it being outdoor tho.
>>
>>10422884
Nothing will really Corona-proof for the time being.

It all comes down to how much square meters do you have available on your location, that minus the space you need for tables and other things leaves you with a netto amount of space available for your visitors while still being able to keep social distance.
>>
>>10423431
so conventions in big trade fair event locations might have an advantage then
>>
>>10424404
Not really. Distancing means you can now fit 1 visitor where you could once fit 4 or 5 and most of the events in large venues already use their floor space to the limit under normal use. The only advantage they have is the option to perhaps rent another hall which is expensive as fuck. If anything I expect some form of crowd control and some new measures.

General areas: limited total amount of visitors, wider two way paths and keeping right, limited seating space to demotivate groups from forming, toilets being cleaned more often and hand sanitizer points being installed. Hopefully also mandatory face masks as indoor ventilation often is poor and there will be situations where one won't be able to keep distance from others.

Dealer area: limited number of people allowed in to allow distancing in what is always the most hectic location at any event, wider paths, mandatory one way routes, no lollygagging to prevent paths from clogging.

Gaming areas: limited amount of people allowed in, sanitising controllers after use, limited play time to prevent groups of people wanting to play next from forming.

Main stage: limited available spaces for visitors, no helpers allowed backstage, added waiting area for those competing in contests.

Photography: banned in most areas to prevent clogging and taking up valuable floorspace. Just take it outside, especially at say DCC.

Anyway it will be interesting to see what the events announce themselves and how they plan to enforce their rules. I just hope the community will be able to actually follow them.
>>
>>10424953
>Dealer area: limited number of people allowed in to allow distancing in what is always the most hectic location at any event, wider paths, mandatory one way routes, no lollygagging to prevent paths from clogging.
This will be a deal breaker for vendors, limited numbers of visitors means less income while the price for the stand/table will at least stay at the same level or perhaps even rise. Is it worth it for the smaller vendors?
>>
>>10425728
>This will be a deal breaker for vendors, limited numbers of visitors means less income while the price for the stand/table will at least stay at the same level or perhaps even rise.
That's why you only let a limited amount people into the dealer area simultaneously and make sure the flow of people keeps moving. This way everyone attending the event can (eventually) enter the dealer room in a relatively safe way and dealers will still be able to make sales as usual.
>>
>>10425774
>That's why you only let a limited amount people into the dealer area simultaneously and make sure the flow of people keeps moving. This way everyone attending the event can (eventually) enter the dealer room in a relatively safe way and dealers will still be able to make sales as usual.
They won't make the same sales as usual, keeping people moving is one of those things, to maintain social distancing you need more free space than usual, meaning less room for stands and tables and certainly for the bigger main stream stuff selling dealers less space available means less revenue from sales. Big conventions are still big money spinners for them.

It also why smaller dealers have relatively speaking more trouble in running a decent revenue than the bigger ones. Forcing bigger dealers to go smaller is a potential no from those dealers, and you as a organisation need that revenue brought in by dealers.
>>
>>10425788
>to maintain social distancing you need more free space than usual, meaning less room for stands and tables and certainly for the bigger main stream stuff selling dealers less space available means less revenue from sales.
Hence why you enforce one way paths which have a larger capacity and limit the amount of people per area. That way you can greatly reduce the amount of additional space necessary to allow for distancing. There's also plenty of room to regain by playing with table placement but that all depends on how the venue is set up. But in the end I expect things to be a clusterfuck either way which is why I refunded my DCC ticket. People can't even follow basic distancing at a grocery store, let alone a busy social event.

And I agree most dealers are probably fucked anyway. There will likely be far less total visitors due to venue limits and visitors not attending due to safety concerns. I also wouldn't be surprised if the "postponed, not cancelled" meme forces dealers who had already signed a contract for the "postponed" edition to show up on the "new date" and pay the rates they originally agreed to or pay a no-show fine.
>>
https://www.dokomi.de/en/covid-19

The Covid-19 rules for Dokomi that is being held at 26th & 27 of september 2020.

Note that they went from about 60.000 square meters to 108.000 square meters and still only allow a max of 15.000 visitors per day. Masks are mandatory and showing symptoms of infection like fever and running nose will get you kicked out.

Now remember this is Germany (North Rhine-Westphalia) and not the Netherlands, still interesting to see how they are planning to handle large crowds.
>>
>>10427543
That is indeed an interesting development! I'm curious to how this will play out.

Anyways, their comics are super cute btw.
>>
>>10427640
Me to, almost twice the space with just half of their usual visitors.
>>
>Masks are mandatory and showing symptoms of infection like fever and running nose will get you kicked out.

Yeah good luck spotting my runny nose underneath a mask
>>
>>10428382
<snirf, snort>
>>
>>10428382
Snirf, snort... cough wheeze
Hey lets check your temperature with this IR-thermometer...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.