[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 89 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: animagic.gif (13 KB, 238x118)
13 KB
13 KB GIF
Who is going to the LBM, animagic or FBM?
Any good stories to tell my lieben Freunde?

Gotta love German weapon prop regulations
>>
Soon going to my very first con (Epiccon), any drama or toxic people i need to be aware off?
>>
DoKoMi is probaboy going to be the only con I will go to. Goal is visiting the AA and finding some cute accessories for lolita.

And maybe some casual hang out at JDay in Düsseldorf.
>>
>>10331153
Can't say much about the others since I left Facebook.
You can join the big ones and keep track of some individuals.
But desu, I would stay away from most fotogs, they behave like leeches and look upon you.
>>
>>10331156
Was there once, it was fun, but do you go there just for the accessories? Tickets are way to expensive there.

Jday is overpopulated, hope you don't mind BO
>>
File: 2016-05-21 18.35.54.jpg (1.07 MB, 2048x1536)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>10331183
>do you go there just for the accessories?
Not exactly. I'm just trying to find things to do there and hope to socialize with fellow weebs or lolitas.

>Jday is overpopulated
That's so true. Jday is meant to be a neat little cultural festival and getting completely overrun by weebs. In fact the festival itself doesn't interest me that much since it's not only impossible to do anything in the massive crowd, but I also live close to the city and therefore can get most of the japanese stuff whenever I want. It's really just for the hang out since "everyone is there". To avoid said crowd my group started going to the west side instead for the afternoon hang out and fireworks. Usually it stays fairly empty until 1-2 hours before and even then I feel it's not as packed as the main side.
>>
Epiccon is already übermorgen. Anybody going there? If yes, what are you planning to do there and from which series are you cosplaying
>>
>>10335143
I'll be checking it out for the first time, but don't have big expectations. Most people say it's kinda lame, but I'm giving them a shot.

Other than that, I'm super looking forward to dokomi going back into their old and new halls. The new area looks very modern, but I also expect quite some nostalgia. Also, the artist alley is always exciting to experience.

I have yet to decide which other cons I plan to visit. Maybe animagic, maybe connichi. Thos I didn't enjoy those two last year as much.

I'll definitely skip the bookfairs though.
>>
Went to Epicon. What was that trainwreck? It was almost embarassing to witness as a visitor.
>>
>>10336618
Please tell us more, I couldn't get there
>>
>>10336618
>What was that trainwreck

Please elaborate
>>
>>10336618
I also was there and it was very... underwhelming. Iirc it exist's for 4 years and they changed location once but it was just so boring. Especially the panel/workshops rooms were horrible. Never expected them to be that badly made, you can't even call it room
>>
>>10336618
I only went Saturday.
It was quite full, fuller than last year in my opinion.
Tbh I didn't see much great cosplays and it was quite boring..
>>
>>10336618
no noticable content, two sad halls with no atmosphere, a shitty stage in the same hall as dealers and cosplay "guests". Compared to other event's this was more than underwhelming, especially after 4 years of experience.

Probably won't go again. There are more than enough bettr alternatives.
>>
I will probably only be at AnimagiC, Connichi and MEX this year.
My expectations for MEX are very low.
>>
>>10341735
from what I've heard they can hardly be low enough. They didn't even have a proper floor.
>>
File: halle10-2_3_Fancybox.jpg (143 KB, 1005x670)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>10341897
The trade fairs at the same location put a carpet over it. I don't know how expensive these carpets are.
>>
>>10341735
>AnimagiC, Connichi and MEX
Huh. Same.
MEX is having a lot of trouble from their location change. My hope is that the feedback from last year will improve things, but it might stay bad for another year at least.
If it's worth anything to you, the stage and technical equipment there are amazing. Sadly the seats suck.
>>
File: 1581376260518.jpg (1.72 MB, 4032x3024)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>10336656
Nta but this is a translation of what somebody wrote on lolcow about it:
The lolitas consisted of...
>a man with a beard, a madoka wig and an AP dress without a petti
>a guy (or a trans woman) in a maid dress + horrible colour coordination, nevertheless talked about his "style"
>so many people without pettis
>somebody tried to sell diy lolita prints for 50 bucks
The fashion show was also supposedly empty?

Other than that:
>people doing "naruto run" with sound effects
>only around 4 professional artists, the rest furry/hentai or fanart
>so many people carried pride flags
>teen sjw with buzzcuts wearing buttons with their pronouns
>"free hugs" signs everywhere

I personally also find signs in english weird but maybe there were german ones too? Still cringy "plz no bully" shit
>>
>>10342107
What exactly happened to Epicon? Didn't they take a lot of money in order to make it decent atleast location and guestwise? What are they lacking? Acceptance from the community? Too new, unknown and too ambitioned for a start? Poor planning?
>>
Dokomi and Connichi are the best german cons.
The old Animagic in Koblenz was great too.
>>
File: 1582101597973.jpg (872 KB, 2160x1080)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
Why is it that everthing in Germany always turns into an embarrassment, we're such a huge/wealthy country and yet...
>>
>>10343320
I don't get the point of such fashion shows anyway. They don't even teach something about Lolita fashion, just super medicore random outfits on a stage to bad chosen music. And that girl does the same shitty fashion shows for years. I even tried to make suggestions and offered help but she doesn't care and doesn't accept any help.
>>
It hurts watching some of the girls walk and pose
>>
>>10343582
someone please tell her, the e in egl stands for elegant.
>>
>>10343570
Oh I thought I was the only one trying to help. She always says that she's doing it for years and wouldn't change her concept. But when das Teekränzchen did the one at dokomi last year it was a dumpsterfire compared to asus
>>
>>10343614
So true! It was a mess!
>>
>>10343614
She's so conceited that she thinks everyone loves what she is doing.

It's double frustrating that finally someone else got the chance to do a fashion show and they fucked up so badly.
>>
I'm pretty hyped dokomi is moving back to their old location. The new area looks very promising!
>>
Why are there two comms for the cologne area?
>>
>>10344518
Isn't the real question, why is there no proper comm in Cologne?
>>
>>10344238
That garden area looks neat.
When I was on the MEX I noticed a big garden right next to it, but literally nobody was there. I wonder if it was closed.
>>
>>10344585
the Nordpark is directly next to the dokomi convention area. It's filled with thousands of cosplayers and fotoshootings every year. But as the park is so huge everyone has enough space, unlike at connichi where the park is rather small for the amount of people.

The nordpark even has a japanese garden, which is especially popular. The rhine area is also quite nice, especially when the sun sparkles upon the water.
>>
>>10344518
>>10344584
I only know Ladies from the Empire, but it's true, you can't really call it a comm. What is the other one?
>>
File: 525346564564.png (211 KB, 500x536)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>10344584
>>10344936
>why is there no proper comm in Cologne?
>you can't really call it a comm

How so?
>>
>>10345417
I prefer them much more compared to the dumpsterfire that is das Teekränzchen
>>
>>10345417
>>10345418
oh sorry I thought the Teekränzchen was from Köln
>>
>>10345417
Because LftE is not an open comm where everyone from cologne joins, just one girl organizing meets.
>>
>>10345418
Can we please have a laugh about the not selling tickets for their teaparty in march?
Their tickets used to sell out in minutes and now they try to sell them since last sunday :D
>>
>>10345446
No wonder since they allow sissys and lolitas at heart to attend
>>
>>10345450
How does that work? They simply let people who say they like lolita but don't wear it join...?

What about the comms in other cities? Only trash or is there a decent one too?
>>
>>10345480
They stated in their dress code, Lolita and other J-Fashions. So you can actually wear anything. Lasttime they had a brolita in a bunny custom
>>
>>10345487
>brolita in a bunny custom

eh...what

>>10345446

So their events used to be decent and now it's shit?
>>
File: IMG_20200222_144041.jpg (183 KB, 672x896)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>10345495
>>
>>10345501
That's a fetishist and not a brololita get your facts straight
>>
>>10345504
#notallbrolitas
>>
Any good events in north germany?
>>
I'll be visting DoKoMi for the first time this year. We are looking forward to it.

Any tips for first time visitors from the Netherlands? (like bring a lot of cash, since nothing accepts card payments, or something like that)

>>
>>10345526
>like bring a lot of cash, since nothing accepts card payments, or something like that
Yes, this goddamn country is still very cash-friendly
>>
>>10345495
No, their events were always shit but now people know about it
>>
>>10345506
Yes but this one
>>
>>10345526
be prepared for the huge fucking artist alley. If you are into that kind of stuff, plan quite some time for it. There are over 600 or 700 booths, you could spend a whole day in there alone.

I usually spend a couple of hours there and it's the place I spend the most money during the con.
>>
>>10345878
I absolutely love AA's. I spend so much time and money in them. 600 to 700 stands?? That's so much more than we have over here. I'll definetly bring cash when we visit.
Thanks for the insights!
>>
File: this_is_not_okay.png (10 KB, 240x301)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>10345501
>>
>>10345518
No
>>
>>10345480
What other cities have active comms?
Almost all the comms I know are really inactive.
Berlin has an active one I think?
>>
>>10345480
>What about the comms in other cities?
>>10346181
>What other cities have active comms?

Munich has a fairly big (?) one and got shat on here in the past for being an ita magnet.

Then there's one in the Franconian/Nuremburg area, supposingly active?

Rhine-Main/Frankfurt area has a comm, but no idea how active they are

Aachen has one too, although not too sure on the activity there either.

Ruhr area seems to be quite active with monthly meets and is fairly decent according to anons.

OWL is also quite active according to some CoF posts I see.
>>
>>10331156
I'll might go to the Dokomi too but for working. I've never been there before, is there anything you'd recommend doing? I probably won't have much time to go around, so I want to choose my time wisely.
>>
>>10341735
>going to MEX again
Why
>>
>>10346195
There's a semi active comm in Hamburg/SH too
>>
>>10346201
are they? they used to be dead after some drama between the two comms they used to have
>>
I miss the days where most german anime/manga/japan scene-people and cosplayers use Animexx. Now this site is very dead. I want this time back. Instagram and Facebook is shit.
>>
>>10346196
depends on what you are into. DoKomi is huge and has something for almost everyone. The AA is surely one of the most famous parts, but they do also have pretty decent guests nowadays.

Many popular international cosplayers join the convention and of course japanese music acts and mangaka / doujinshika as well. Animagic is usually the go-to convention when you are interested in guests, but Dokomi has been catching up over the past years.

They have cosplay contest preeliminaries for Eurocosplay, ECG and DCM, if you are into that. Also fashion brands like Liz Lisa and Putumayo have joined Dokomi, not sure if a brand will join this year though. Haven't heard anything yet.

They have pushed their gaming contents a lot as well, focussing on esport and other gaming communities.

So, yeah, there is pretty much to fill your work break with, I heavily recommend to check out their website and prepare in advance. It can be pretty overwhelming if it's your first time. But I'm sure you will enjoy it.
>>
>>10346418
I heavily agree. Animexx used to be shit, but now that it's dead I kinda miss it. It's all so divided and spread out nowadays.
>>
>>10346435
Yes, really hard to find the new contacts after the event. Everything so scattered and everyone uses different sites/communities. I notice most people these days use Instagram (I don't like it), I prefer Twitter.
>>
>>10346435
Remember cosplay.com? This was the international cosplay site for german cosplayers.
>>
>>10346444
yeah, but it was not really used well even back then

and cosbase never took off
>>
>>10346339
That used to be ages ago. All the members who had beef with each other left when old-school wasn't even old-school
>>
I need a bit of help, I have very old white whool pantyhoses with traditional patterns ( like swirls and braids ) and sadly the elasticity died slowly since their super old. Does anybody know a online shop where I can find some ? The style is so old I can't find pictures to show it, but it go well with classic lolita.
>>
>>10345518
Chiisai lmao
>>
>>10346966
Do they still operate tho? I thought they stopped the con and only do the fan meeting.
>>
>>10346966
>Good events
>Chisaii
You're a k-pop stan aren't you
>>
>>10346966
Anon asked about good events
>>
I wonder if some events can be canceled because the Coronavirus.
>>
>>10349210
Prettys sure there's high chances for (at least) Japantag to be cancelled if the virus problem isn't solved until May
>>
>>10347915
>>10347839

would there be a demand for new events around Hamburg? Or is coaket enough?
>>
>>10349441
Wonder if they let the dokomi take place then too.

>>10349776
It's actually too difficult and expensive to get a good venue for a larger con in Hamburg, as the city itself is not really interested in sponsoring or helping these kind of events. That's why the mag is now in Erfurt
>>
>>10349795
how about gamevention? is it not located in the tradefair Hamburg? Or do I have wrong information?
>>
>>10350013
Well thought we were talking about anime related events and not gaming related ones.
>>
>>10350026
sure, though I thinkg gaming and anime is pretty close in some parts, if you look at dokomi and mag for example.

so the main problem is finding a proper location then? good to know.

Looking at how bookfair leipzig is still going on, I guess later conventions in april and may might be alright as well.
>>
>>10350034
Yes, Hamburg is a pain in the ass to find a huge, but affordable location.

And you're right, gaming and anime goes hand in hand.
>>
>>10349776
Basically what >>10349795 said, pretty sure the organizers wanted to rent Messehallen but it's stupid expensive and they did realize that if they want the con to grow, they'll have to go somewhere else. Still salty about it cause I did enjoy the Magnology and I found the museum location that they did once a very interesting concept. Obviously it was packed and they had to move to something else and I'm sad that they won't reach their potential in Hamburg. I just hope that CoAket won't go down the same path and keep evolving here.

That aside I'm glad that the Harajuku Closet exists.
>>
>>10350056
Still I hope that the coaket will become bigger. But since it's only focusing on artists, I highly doubt it'll ever reach the size of a 'real' con.

And yes, it's great that the shop is still there. Never thought that it'd survive this long
>>
>>10350049
>>10350056
>>10350087
interesting, thanks for the feedback. maybe I'll dig more into that.
>>
Tja looks like LBM is canceled now. Anons who were planning on going, what are you going to do instead?
>>
>>10351026
I wasn't planning to go there, but will there be a ticket refund?
>>
>>10351031
Yes, they announced that on their twitter too a few hours ago
>>
>>10351026
Is anyone even still going there? I feel like they're catering less to us weebs than they used to in the past
>>
>>10351026
I'll be going to Dokomi instead
>>
>>10351252
If it's still going to happen.
>>
>>10351256
if it's true, that the virus will be gone with warmer weather than it should be fine. Same goes for Japantag. Everything in march seems to be on hold though to cut infection chains.
>>
Wow, the anger over the corona virus # is extremely stupid. People treat a new flu like it's a horrible godsent deadly disease. Twitter morons have no humor and stay hysteric no matter what the topic of our recent discourse is. I personally like the idea of a coronacon and the name is catchy.
>>
>>10351703
>new flu

lmao.
>>
>>10351180
I thought the scene got their own hall some years ago?
>>
>>10346195
There are also two in Stuttgart but I'm not that familiar with them. Just heard the rumour that some members had a fight and since then they have two comms.

The Frankfurt/Mainz comm is very active, they host meets almost every month.
>>
>>10346444
Cosplay-Heaven ;)
>>
>>10351256
It definitely is (perhaps under cautious circumstances), it's too much of a hassle to cancle such a large event only two months ahead
>>
>>10352148
*cancel
>>
>>10352148
LBM was canceled on a much shorter notice though and I have seen other unrelated (and much smaller) events in May get canceled now too. I want to stay hopeful tho cause it'd be my first Dokomi...
>>
File: tired.png (1020 KB, 1600x902)
1020 KB
1020 KB PNG
Too bad summer is going to con poor. Well, gives me more time to finish my Cosplays.

I know I will get shit on, but I hope that Saarland can get it's shit together and scramble more cons. It's really embarrassing. Saarcon is so badly planned that even volunteering is a big problem. And j con got just'ed indefinitely
>>
File: toosoon.png (394 KB, 609x670)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
RIP TiCon and Animuc 2020. And Animesse making fun of them? Not cool at all desu. Why would you even post something like that?
>>
>>10354913
Everything about this tweet and what Animesse did is cringy and doesn't help anything, people have spent loads of money in preperation of going to the cons and events that are now cancelled, artists and stores/merchants miss a bunch of their income. It's certainly not ~the end of everything~, but it's also nothing to make fun of.
>>
>>10354913
I was actually considering going to the AnimeRadio event just out of curiosity but this really puts me off. I'll be laughing if Dokomi will still be happening and their event will get canceled instead.
>>
>>10349441
Japantag is cancelled, Dokomi postponed to September - disappointed but not surprised
>>
>>10362146
Better a postpone than a complete cancelation, but I've heard from some artists, vendors and cosplaywrs that they won't be able to make it to the new date. It's a bummer for sure, but at least it won't impact artists as negatively as LBM did.
>>
>>10362163
that is to be expected. But overall I think it was the best decision they could do in this situation. Better postpone than cancel.

>>10354913
so I guess karma might come back to animemesse and their meme?
>>
>>10362513
I'll kek if animesse will postpone to autumn too but almost nobody will attend because everyone will go all out at Dokomi and then the usual autumn cons
>>
so gamescom decides in May if they can make it
>>
RIP gamescom, Animagic... And karma caught up to Animesse. I wonder which cons will still be around in 2021?
>>
How are you all doing?
Do you still work on cosplay and artist alley stuff with all cons beeing cancelled?

I doubt DoKomi will actually happen in september.
Berlin prohibits all "Großveranstaltungen" until 24.10.2020, so MEX needs to postpone or cancel too.
>>
>>10384091
It seems like apart from Berlin the big tradefairs (Cologne, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf) are preparing again for fall (september, october). But I'm also not sure if that will actually happen.

But for what it's worth, tradefairs are not part of the "Großveranstaltungen" ban anymore. Let's see if that exception will stay around.
>>
>>10389187
Do big conventions count as trade fairs?
I can't image how DoKomi will manage its massive line with distancing rules.
I can't imagine how any con would work with distancing rules.
>>
File: EYSwC_FWkAII5DW.jpg (118 KB, 680x680)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
MEX (23--25.10.) has been cancelled
>>
>>10394658
now DoKomi is really the last one still active for this year.
>>
>>10394939
I don't think they'll be able to make it happen realistically, at least not under the current safety measures like >>10390136 implied and especially not if there really will be a 2nd wave this fall
>>
did anyone join digikomi this weekend? What's your thoughts on this?
>>
>>10399398
It was nice and better than nothing.
First time I was in VRChat.
>>
>>10394939
Nicon in Hannover is in october and this is not canceled yet.
Cons in october, november and december have maybe a chance.
>>
>>10331150
I'm usually helping out at AnimagiC, since I know the organizers, but I haven't been to any of the others yet
>>
>>10400677
Thay have not updated their website or social media since corona.
We have to wait und see I guess.
>>
>>10400677
Mag is also still standing, I know some of the organizers and they're all basically waiting for government/state updates.
>>
Frankfurt bookfair is supposed to happen. There might be a few conventions left this year.

I wonder how folks at connichi are thinking about their decision now.
>>
>>10402444
>I wonder how folks at connichi are thinking about their decision now.

I sure wouldn't want to be responsible for a con that takes place one week after the ban ends.
>>
File: fbm.png (150 KB, 1343x937)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
They are serious about fbm. Interesting!

If frankfurt bookfair / dokomi / mag happen, would you visit one of them though?
>>
>>10403841
>would you visit one of them though?
Yes but I would wear my complete hazard suit and gasmask.
>>
>>10403841
>If frankfurt bookfair / dokomi / mag happen, would you visit one of them though?

No. Is Frankfurt Book Fair even worth visiting under normal circumstances?
>>
>>10403841
I really think it depends on how the situation will be in September, but maybe I would be up for visiting Dokomi, even though I would probably only hang around in the park.
>>
>>10400677
They will be cancelled. Next year as well. Go ahead and screencap this.
>>
>>10400677
pandemic or not, why would anyone even go to nicon?
>>
>>10408525
Better than nothing when most or all other cons are canceled.
>>
>>10409562
we live in sad times
>>
File: EaTgcZvWkAAEAPM.jpg (289 KB, 1080x1350)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/DoKomi/status/1271387790413049857

just cancel already...
>>
>>10412533
>hygiene
>cons
pick one
>>
>>10412533
seriously, if they manage to pull this trough. that's some balls right there.
>>
MAG is (supposedly) happening one week after DoKomi and their first and last "corona update" was postet in march.
It surprises me that the people who bought tickets and booked hotel rooms are so chill about this lack of information.
>>
>>10412533
If I visit the event then I wear something like this.
>>
File: magerfurt.png (173 KB, 848x870)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
I don't get it.
It's supposed to be a digital event, but the last paragraph makes it seem like the visitors have a choice.
>>
>>10424783
there is not going to be a physical mag this year

did anyone check out the gamevention livestream? is it true, that they collected donations without having a legit donation goal? There were lots of debates in the chat.
>>
>>10412533
Just got my refund back for Dokomi! Not taking that risk.
>>
>>10431014
I'm surprised they are still pulling trough. Might be interesting to see what they make out of this situation though. All eyes will be on them now. they will be the only convention left in 2020 and probably the first one (apart from LBM) in 2021.
>>
since this is kind of a german event thread in general: what places should I give a shit about if I wanna know about actual movie releases in theaters?
feels bad missing out on shit like tenki no ko or konosuba
>>
>>10431382
following the publishers and conventions on social media would definitely help
>>
>>10431382
I noticed that smaller indie cinemas have a tendency to screen anime films too, obviously that depends on your location though. In addition to what the other anon said I'd follow those too

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.