[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 126 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: amuse project.png (2.27 MB, 1196x1190)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
last thread >>10237822

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet (Recently updated, under new management!) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WtgRe5cjKIR0BYGhw9N8ahxChLqEFLbZIRbAazooh-o/edit?usp=sharing

Original Music Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfmgukQM2isUtJJZz1MY4Jn4zPcbl0wDU

Previously:
- DreamStage shut down early due to poor planning from con staff; the highly anticipated shuffle units didn't even perform
- Oldest members of Stellure are making one last song.
- OIC using poor wording to say they don't want cover/cosplay groups discussed within OIC.
- Idol News Network shut down due to internal conflict, being rebooted by one of the reporters.
- More infighting because we can't seem to get along here

Starter topic:
Every idol starts somewhere, and while we all agree there's an appeal to watching an idol grow, some definitely start out stronger than others.
Without commenting on singing/dancing skills, what are some things net idols can do to help them gain a fanbase? What is important to you as a potential fan to see from a net idol? Promotion/Decent graphics? Good costumes?

Featured Group: A-Muse Project
>>
>>10256478
(op here)
Some recent releases.

REALIZE! from A-Muse Project
https://youtu.be/V9J1voEolkY

FLATLINE from melancoliaaah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezlaJPNdXs

Dive to Blue from ChiRi Girls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKZCztPBOVw

Aozora no Rhapsody from TAMBOURINE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMNv0QBUmIk
^ some of these taken from the previous thread.

and to answer my own starter topic
>Without commenting on singing/dancing skills, what are some things net idols can do to help them gain a fanbase? What is important to you as a potential fan to see from a net idol? Promotion/Decent graphics? Good costumes?
For me, a huge plus to get me to want to follow a net idol or group is definitely a decent grip on promotion and good stage costumes. Promotion definitely entails having somebody who is good at graphic design work on flyers or business cards for you that don't look like shit. And decent costumes that aren't just cosplays from a series with your natural hair. I personally like to see effort put into it, especially since everybody wants to be taken seriously within this hobby. So getting somebody to design and/or make your/your groups costumes to ensure uniformity and that they look as nice and clean as possible when put together is probably my biggest plus when wanting to support a group. I really couldn't care less about singing or dancing skills being A+, but as long as they're obviously putting effort into that area as well, those aren't my main concerns imo.
>>
>>10256480
Typically I enjoy melancoliaaah!‘s songs, however in this one I dislike the screaming/yelling she does in the chorus. I know it’s meant to be jarring and that’s the style, but it makes her seem like she can’t sing unless it’s monotone and soft.
>>
Ice Qream previewed the song & music video for their first original song and started both a challenge and a giveaway.

https://youtu.be/ZSeGfeOKo3I
>>
>>10256478

An established fanbase from their formative years as cover acts is one. Every group has to start somewhere and when you start producing original content you want fans who are with you from the start.

And cater to the die hards, without them your promotion effort are going to come short since they are more invested than casuals and generate the most noise.
>>
Did anybody see starstrucks performance at CCE? it was about as awkward as their intro video. It seemed so poorly put together and it didn't look like they practiced a lot beforehand.

Their costumes were decent though I guess?
>>
>>10256954
Got a vid? I'd like to see if it really was as bad as they're video.

Also, why did Kuro Hime put this on her channel? As pretty as it is, I really think it should have been on a personal channel or something.
https://youtu.be/64kqAPg6GgQ
>>
>>10256993
Why?? It's her singing isn't it? Why does that need to be on a personal channel?
>>
>>10256993
They saved a video of their performance to their IG story.
>>
>>10257013
I thought it was a bit personal, so I didn't think it was really appropriate. Plus it's really different from any other content she's posted, so I guess I'm a little confused as to why.....
>>
>>10257014
Well those costumes are ugly....
>>
Do you think it's weird or tacky for a group to wear the same costumes all the time? How many performances can an outfit be worn before it gets repetitive?
>>
>>10257060
I think it’s fine especially if you’re low on funds. Many idol groups reuse costumes often, especially underground groups.
>>
>>10256993
I can see why people think it could be inappropriate, but I think it’s only because of the story behind it. If she didn’t include the story it wouldn’t be out of place as it’d just be a cover by an artist.
>>
>>10256651

>And cater to the die hards, without them your promotion effort are going to come short since they are more invested than casuals and generate the most noise.

Agreed. This question has been answered extensively in the past too. That’s a generic question that should be more specific. Figure out the “who,what,how”

>Who do you want as fans?

Fellow idols? Is there a specific age demographic you’re going for? Do you want more of a male audience?

> What is your goal when you obtain the audience?

Die hard fans that will actually buy merchandise/donate? Do you just want clout and don’t care about getting money? Do you simple just want to release quality content?

>How will you get this audience, how are you going to offer something different?

If you are going down a traditional route of being an idol, wanting a male audience primarily and for them to give you money in some fashion, than you’re main prerogative is to invest in beauty care, nice costumes, and to recruit physically attractive looking members only(because let’s be honest, some of the most popular idols here had cute members already and/or heavily invested in hair/makeup/and costumes)
>>
>>10257060
I think if they change the hair, shoes and accessories once in a while, it can look like a new outfit.
>>
Does anyone know if Astreal posted a video of their performance? I really want to watch it!
>>
>>10257060
I think it also kind of depends on the outfits. Like, some groups buy all their outfits from regular clothing stores, which is totally different from making outfits from scratch. If you're buying premade shit, that's less of a financial burden and there's no real work going into it, so it's less excusable to use the same outfits over and over. With a custom-made outfit (either commissioned or made by the performers), it's a more significant burden, so I find it forgiveable to use them until they basically can't be used anymore lol. Changing up the accessories is a good way to refreshan old outfit though!
>>
Where do most idols get their costumes from? Not talking about handmade/commissions.
>>
>>10256954
i attended about half of it and i had a few thoughts:
>the mc'ing was a hot mess, they spoke over each other all the time
>i was pleasantly surprised by the dancing - they were all fairly in sync and i found the outfits well constructed and cute
>they should never sing in japanese ever. it was bad.
>they really needed to focus more on how they sounded than how they looked
>>
>>10257856
No, they are garbage at posting and updating. They don’t say what cons they go to until they are there, don’t post any photos, and haven’t even posted the video of their last live let alone this new one. There were clips on their stories taken by other people but nothing concrete.
>>
Does anyone think a lot of American net idols have a certain voice? It's like when they sing songs in a high range but still have deep and mature sound, which I tend to associate with Western YouTube/utaitte coverists in general. It's not necessarily a bad thing but I've just observed that it's a voice Americans usually have, either because there are a lot of American net idols or because it's a common voice or accent? Was reminded of it by >>10256954 .
>>
>>10258094
I think it's to do with the accent. They way they pronounce certain words is just a thing. Sometimes it can be irritating but what can you do. A lot of American idols do sound the same voice wise and it's down to the accent
>>
>>10257911
Taobao/Aliexpress.
>>
>>10258094
I do think a lot of american netidols have a certain voice like you mentioned. I think mine is pretty similar to what you described when I sing songs with a range that might be out of my comfort zone. I end up heightening my voice a little bit because how I speak in japanese is closer to my "customer service voice" than my natural tone when speaking english.
>>
>>10258094
I think it's also to do with the language in general. Japanese as a language has a higher pitch in general, something that westerners don't always mimic when speaking/singing the language, hence why it sounds deeper/more mature
>>
>>10258582
This is where you can bring up Sally Amaki! Her Japanese is definitely higher pitched than her English, although not by too much.

There’s also a vast difference between ENG/JP phonology. Mainly, English has a much wider variety of vowel sounds and no “hinted-at” vowels (like the u in suki). Plus, English is pronounced at the front of the mouth, while Japanese is spoken more nasally and to the back of the mouth.

French and Spanish speakers tend to sound better singing in Japanese because they’re used to consistent vowels that are very similar to the ones found in Japanese. English speakers have a harder time because the languages are just so different!
>>
>>10258127
>>10258352
>>10258582
>>10258666
Thanks, good to know I'm not imagining it. This also explains why I tend to speak in a higher pitch when talking in Japanese.
It also makes me think that some people could really work on their accent and pronunciation when singing in Japanese if they want to sound better singing J-pop. Peachy Parade stands out as a group where none of them have this sound and I think it's because they have high voices but also put effort into their pronunciation.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkzdZZPFbwA
A lot of this was bad, but I was halfway through time stamping when I realized that. I might have missed some stuff, because even by usual standards a lot of it wasn't very good. Colossalcon East Masquerade Timestamps
4:03 Solstice Idols – Love Live Cutie Panther
9:07 Steven Universe cosplay act Pink Diamond and Blue Diamond
13:00 – They dance I couldn’t hear what they’re doing over the screaming Hamburger song
16:00 – That time I was reincarnated and had a day off – Half Skit half singing - Sings Frozen parodies
21:16 – Love Live – Start Dash
26:15 – Madoka Magica Sakura Dance
31:00 – Ever After High – Raven Queen
34:00 – Hamaku (no promises I spelt that right) Idols Subunit Petting Zoo – Aikatsu Stars song
38:20 – Idol goes by name Strawberry ??? (can’t hear) - Dance the night away
43:17 – Love Live – Astral Idols
48:21 – Bubble beam pop – Pokemon dance
52:24 – Superstar idols – Aikatsu
58: 22 – Love Live – Water Blue New World
1:02:45 - Astreal idols
1:07:25 – Pokemon Dance
11:11:40 – Idols – Jungle Party
1:15:16: Idol Group - Idolish Heaven – Idolish 7 Cover
1:20:30 – Idol Group – Melty Idols
1:23:00 - ???
1:27:00 – Craftsmen ship
>>
>>10258779
Astreal's costumes definitely don't look good this time around. The song itself was decent, though, and I like the circus theme.
>>
>>10258779
I liked the song at first, but halfway through I realized it kind of sounds like Snowbound??
Also I really wish they'd stop putting in the jump and split combo. I was living for it at first, but it's so overdone now.
Luna still needs to work on her dancing and I only liked Polaris' costume, but besides that it was pretty good. I like the concept, like their voices, choreography seems to be improving.
I think the costumes are just something that looks better on paper and are hard to execute well.
>>
>>10258888
Agreed, the actual concept and choreography are nice but those costumes really don't match and only Polaris' is flattering. The discrepancy in cut/fit and colors makes me sad.
>>
>>10258779
holy shit all of these were awful. nobody looked in sync and almost everybody's facial expressions were borderline "what the fuck am i doing here" kind of looks.

I'm actually really disappointed in Astreal. Polaris has the only good costume, and like >>10258903
said the cut/fit of the other two were fucking awful. The sketches for these looked so much better than what came out. Are they making their own costumes? Because I think it's time to start commissioning a talented seamstress who has experience with larger body types because ever since Stellure, Luna has had the worst fitting outfits. Io's also looks like she's wearing a trashbag.
>>
>>10258966
I am not 100 on this but I think I’m Stellure, Mimi (and Stella to a point) did costumes when it was still the five and others helped out later too. So they’ve always made their own and the fits have always been bad for the most part, especially with the bigger girls and the taller girls.
>>
>>10258968
I also forgot to say this, but I think the issue with Polaris choreographing is that she looks to be trained in ballet and that’s it. A lot of their moves are super simple but also highly reminiscent of ballet which also gets old because there’s no variety. I think it’d help them improve if they studied idol group dances more.
>>
>>10258971
I agree. In some ways, she needs to also tone it down on the ballet dance moves because its clear Luna either cannot achieve them to the same extent and/or doesn’t even practice enough to do so. Its a shame Polaris carries that group on her back.
>>
>>10258777
You’re welcome, and I wholeheartedly agree! Idols in the west could learn a LOT by studying Japanese phonology, talking through songs before singing them, and modifying vocal warm ups so they’re using Japanese vowel sounds instead of English ones (no Mommy made me mash my M’n’Ms, Ka-Ke-Ki-Ko-Ku instead)
>>
>>10258777
This. I know the sound you're talking about and it actually bugs the shit out of me, especially when idols have good enough Japanese to write Japanese song lyrics for their original songs but still sing in an American accent. There are some idols with really good songs and voices where this ruins it for me.

Also it's not exclusively a problem for American idols but I think our accent is the worst when we don't compensate for it...
>>
>>10259268
Yeah, also Polaris needs to take off those sneakers she wears every time and Astreal needs to coordinate actual shoes such as nice heels to wear for these.
>>
>>10258779
>fine group
>No Eichi

I'm out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOpzKWpWGxI

StarStruck Idols' First PV.
>>
>>10259997
I have a few critiques for this.
>singing
I’ve noticed this with other groups too, but I wish they’d sing in their actual voices instead of falsetto. At times it’s hard to understand what they’re saying because it’s so high and it sounds mumble like. Even if it means choosing a different song, I think it’s better to find something that fits their voices. because it won’t sound great otherwise.
>dancing
Their dancing needs a lot of work in terms of synchronization, memorization, and execution. The girl in green seemed to not know the moves too well and everyone else seemed like they were having fun but not doing the moves properly.
>video
The lip syncing came and went and I had an issue with that. It’s been discussed before but I think when it comes to covers, choosing when to lip synch or if to do it at all isn’t an option. I noticed times where they’ll start singing but will suddenly stop. I also think they could’ve work more on keeping their movements natural. For example when they were walking towards the camera, I think another take could’ve been better if they looked back and say how strange it looked.
>>
>>10259997
this was so uncomfortable. I'll format mine like the previous reply.
>dancing
Green and orange cannot dance. I don't think any amount of practice will help them. Green looked about to pass out the entire time and orange never straightens her limbs or fully commits to a move.
>singing
Pink is the only one who can carry any kind of melody and they all sounded like vocaloids. I caught maybe two phrases of the entire song.
>video
Why was this filmed on a potato. The video and sound quality were terrible and the whole thing was awkward as hell.
>>
>>10259997
Imagine being the pink girl and having to carry your group this hard
>>
>>10259997
My main problem with this cover was the English translyrics. If the singers have to rush phrases and syllables and are unintelligible 90% of the time, your translyrics are bad.
>>
>>10259997
Pink is the only one who can carry a tune, the other three are tone deaf. And why do green and orange look like moms trying to be uguu idols? Green especially needs to wear something more flattering, her second outfit makes her look pregnant.
They all need to work on emoting more during the dance portions, orange at least seems to smile most of the time.
Honestly there's really not much positive I can say about this. It was just so awkward and bad.
>>
>>10259997
I disagree with most of the other anons.. pink may not be as horrifically bad as the other three but she certainly isn’t good. The entire video was a train wreck and none of them have any kind of talent. None of them can actually dance and none of them are even decent singers. Not even pink imo. They ALL need way more practice.
>>
>>10258966

The highlight is watching Tony Stark MC the event, nothing else matters at the Colossalcon aside from drinking anyways.
>>
>>10259997
This was such a mess.. these girls need to learn how to film an mv and get a proper editor. The acting/lip syncing was horrific and they need some lighting fixes. Not even going to touch on the actual song because yikes
>>
>>10260142
Charismatic Tony Starks have to be some of my favorite cosplayers, they’re what Deadpool cosplayers wish they could be to their characters
>>
>>10259997
while it wasn't great, i guess it wasn't entirely awful.
>singing
for me i think the singing sounded off mostly in the sense that it was like HimeLuka was the only one who was confident during recording, as well as all her parts being good for her voice as well.
>dancing
unfortunately the above carried over into their dancing as well. HimeLuka was yet again the only one who looked confident in her dancing and hit the moves with purpose, it seems that the other three need to sync up with her. they should have practiced more. also, their facial expressions seemed pained and very obvious that they were thinking too hard about their next moves.
>video
they should have brought proper lighting equipment if they were going to film in the evening. filming in the dark with no lighting left the entire video looking incredibly grainy. JenniBon is a seasoned odorite with DTP and should have known even this, so the fact she didn't even try to warn against night shooting without lighting equipment is like shooting yourself in the foot.

like other anons said, they could use a ton of more practice in order to synchronize their dancing if they plan on filming more cinematic PV's like this for all their covers. the parts with dancing that they did include weren't great, and the parts they shot in the dark made it look even worse. it's a starting point i guess? maybe not the best one but if they can work on themselves as a group i'd be interested in seeing this cover redone in a year from now.
>>
I don’t get how so many people are critiquing the actual video but I’ve yet to see anyone put out a legitimately decent video. That’s not saying some of the critiques aren’t valid, because I could have lived with some of the video issues if the sound wasn’t terrible, but how many of these idol groups really have the money for on location lighting equipment or to hire someone that does video semi-professionally to do their pretty much just for fun PV?

Honestly would love to see content from other anons that comes close to the standard they’re trying to hold these girls to.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1568516228314.jpg (16 KB, 720x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>10259997
This was......
Hmm.
An effort was made I guess?
>>
>>10260197
If you have an iPhone and tripod, you can shoot a decent video during daylight hours. If you have the money, hire a videographer. I don’t think anyone is holding them to any professional standards but Himeluka and Jennibon have experience. Everyone knows if you film at night without lighting it’s going to be bad. A lot of these things anons have mentioned are in different videos posted. The only thing is nobody has successfully done it in one single video except Danzoo Dash off the top of my head.
>>
>>10260234
I've seen a couple of dancers make amazing videos, like frilly carnival and juvanix project
>>
>>10260482
I’ve never heard of them but I’ll definitely look them up.
>>
Question: How would people feel about having a manager for a net idol group?

I've thought about putting an original group together that i'd manage and do things for them such as writing songs, booking performances, running their page, ect. but I don't know if people would be interested in something like that.
>>
>>10260197
Other groups aren't self posting. If you're going to self post expect an honest critique.
>>
>>10260534
Having a manager would make life ten times easier I think everyone would want one
>>
The thing is you don’t even need lighting equipment to film at night if you scout properly and it fits the style of video. There are plenty of people that do night photo and video using just ambient light. Shoot large aperture and close to a bright source like next to that giant target sign. Play with composition to hide the things you don’t want. Shoot at twilight instead of at actual night.

But still I’d wish people doing nothing but offering negative feedback could at least post something useful besides just bashing.
>>
>>10260534
I think having people who are specifically managers is a great thing. It keeps everything impartial (if they aren’t close friends with anyone) and more manageable for the actual group. I’ve wanted to do the same for a while and when it’s planned right, it can be good.
>>
>>10260534
While this is a great idea, you'll need to make sure that your artistic vision for the image and songs of the group are aligned with the members. You're providing valuable work through your time, organisation and composition talents, etc. and this gives you a lot of power over what work the group does. If you can find the right members and aren't creepy this could go far.
>>
>>10259997
This is the worst thing I've seen and listened to the entire year
>>
サマカニ!! Summer Carnival !! LIVE @ DreamStage [Song Cover] [Dance Cover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N1qsNoYcdc
>>
>>10260600
Mosuri is super cute as always!!!! It's great that they found a way to make a Starlight Stage dance look interesting/fun.
I still think they need to work on projection. I couldn't hear Rei at all, I could barely hear Mimi, and Kei came and went. Pengy and Calina did well, though! It could have been something messing up with the sound or the video, though. But this was a really nice performance.
>>
>>10260634
I agree, It might be the microphone though.
>those costumes
They're the cutest
>>
>>10260197
A while a go I saw this on the oic fb and thought the production was really good for a "just for fun PV". Vocal mixing is off for me. https://youtu.be/KXVCKcx9bzg
>>
>>10260634
AFO is always terrible with managing the mics so I'm pretty sure that was the issue.
>>
>>10260600
Pengy and Mimi are so cute!
>>
>>10260657
This is so amazing, it's so simple but the shots are gorgeous. I hate that the lip sync is so off though.

Im >>10260482
And here are some good videos I remember watching from them and a few others

Frilly Carnival
https://youtu.be/ofIwMFY4GO4

Saya Scarlet
https://youtu.be/z8fO_3Nbx0g

Juvanixx Project
https://youtu.be/zyNmZ7WYKk4

No Brand Girls - this one was posted here once and had some mixed reception but I liked it. Posting it since the dark lighting shots are beautiful and we were talking about shooting in the dark earlier.
https://youtu.be/oN-9jvOqAGE

Pengy san
https://youtu.be/zijwMCM9LAk

Follow your Kokoro
https://youtu.be/-lsXKUuhZFU
>>
File: d37lo3E9_400x400.jpg (8 KB, 306x306)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Is DTP dead? I know they still do occasional meetups at cons a few of the members will be at, at least last I checked, but it seems like everyone is doing their own thing now. Jenni joining Starstuck and Alex uploading seriously on her own channel feels like the nail in the coffin.

I wonder if they'll make an official splitting up/"graduation" announcement or just fade into obscurity.
>>
>>10260864
On Saya Scarlet, I like the visuals but she toned down that dance a LOT...
>>
Ok the only video that had singing and dancing in it was the girl that did sweet magic (which was great) the other videos are clearly by "cosplay idols" which I thought didn't matter..but here they are making better videos that us idols...not talking about that soldier game, because those wigs were awful and that is not good night lighting..I'm sorry.
>>
>>10260998
I'm pretty sure they're getting there at the very least. I think they held a gathering at Otakon like they always do but other than that they haven't been posting covers or hosting meet ups at other cons either.

I remember when they had 80 people audition for their most recent generation and now nobody does anything on that channel. I feel like they'll just fade into obscurity bc none of them seem to want to come public with the fact that they all have their own ambitions now. I don't even think Deanna (the leader) even dances anymore aside from the Otakon gathering. I wish they would just go public with a disbandment instead of grasping onto the popularity they once had.
>>
>>10261142
I was also going to point out that the examples posted are from cosplay idols, but it kind of doesn't matter since the point is that it's not that hard to make a good low budget PV whether you sing and dress as your original idolsona or not.
>>
Here're some PV that I love:

TokimekiJump:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj8D3OyJkqY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcUiAuJjXnk

AidoruJaNai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRUPznL8gbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akz3SpNKDAw

ORiYON:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SRIKXek4iQ
or any of their newest covers, they have a lot

IceQream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS4xGf_7iMo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPnrUJywROY
>>
>>10261228
sorry here's Tokimeki's MV version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5aBJvZ2Zb0
>>
>>10261228
ORiYON makes some really good covers. I'm glad they cover WACK groups.

AidoruJaNai is also a lot of fun to watch. I like their performance videos.
>>
>>10261153
>>10260998

To be fair Deanna going AWOL for the better part of a year didn't help, but they were for good reasons and it would have been worse if she'd forced it.

She lost her job and her mental health went south so she was pretty much living on Final Fantasy 14 and keeping her identity secret from the friends she made on there.

She couldn't afford to go to cons without a job so DTP suffered, however she seems to be returning to cons now. I believe in one of her vlogs she said something about people being into K-pop more these days and it's not something she knows a lot about, but that's not really something that should put her off since DTP is so large and they should be able to cater to everyone easily.
>>
>>10261142
I think you’re confused. OIC has an issue with cosplay idols, not this thread. Regardless, like >>10261169 said, it was to point out that it’s not difficult to make a good video.
>>
>>10261264
>>10261264
>She couldn't afford to go to cons without a job so DTP suffered
while that's true, they have hosted plenty of gatherings or events without her presence. and even if she HAD to be there for them to host one, what was stopping them from regularly uploading onto their youtube channel regularly? she can't be the only one that holds the account information. before they stopped uploading completely the bulk of their uploads were older videos from when their channel was shut down that they just re-uploaded, so nobody was even really making any content at the time and this was way prior to her going awol. personally i just don't think anybody is invested in the group anymore.
>>
Holiday Matsuri said they started accepting groups for Idol Fest this year. Is there anyone in the lineup confirmed yet, or any speculation?
>>
>>10262320
it's questionable that they have accepted a few but have not finished reviewing all applicants
but no they said the lineup is not completed
>>
melancholiaah! 2019,09,22「ドグマ・マグマ」at 「DELTA H CON 2019」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqf1i4FocxM
>>
>>10262334
I mean I figured they would probably lock in groups they've already worked with in the past just to get something going while they wait on everyone else to submit videos.
>>
Did anyone else see meotashi’s recent post about her and Faye? They might be doing a duo together called Fame from the looks of it
>>
>>10262546
I saw! It'd be a good duo if they went with it. Smaller groups are easier to synch up with dance moves, and we didn't get to see enough of Faye in Stellure so I'd be happy to see her continue idol activities with Mimi. I noticed they created a hashtag for Faye's character too, so maybe it's gonna go somewhere!
>>
>>10262783
I agree! I hope it does become a thing. They both seem very talented and are obviously close.
Plus the name ‘FAME!!’ is really cute. Faye’s last name is Wiśnia now, which i think is polish? I’m glad they didn’t stick to Japanese names and rather went with whats (probably) their own backgrounds. Thats a really cute idea.
>>
>>10259997
Is Barri pregnant??
>>
I'm sorry but why would you ask such a random dumb question? How rude can you be? What business is it of yours event if she is(I doubt she is..)
>>
>>10262956

I think it's just poor wardrobe choices.
>>
>>10262956
She’s not pregnant, but you are clearly an asshole. Instead of saying that about her, maybe say something more like “I would have liked it if her outfit was more flattering for her body type” and than maybe offer an example of how she could achieve that. Such as maybe a looser top or highwaisted skirt.
>>
>>10262956
Well you're rude....
>>
Larissa & Zoe】Bangin' 踊ってみた 【フェアリーズ (Fairies)】 Dance Cover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOpxUmgDRvA

【Evie】Rich (Choreography Study)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXEduZOHsAs&t=0s

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War - Chika Dance Cover by Jenni Bon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SugwWabhsoY

and https://www.instagram.com/royalbulletidol/ ?
>>
Hi everybody! Spreadsheet gull here—
Was just trying to update everybody on the status of the spreadsheet. By tomorrow it’ll be updated with the emailed suggestions I’ve recently received. Sorry for the delay!

I did want to pose this question though: while I do enjoy the spreadsheet as it’s a good way to see groups from past and present, I’m quite interested in making a website similar to OIC, but for cover groups/odorite. Groups will have to resubmit their info to this website as it’s going to be kept updated with active groups or soloists, vs a kind of cluttered spreadsheet where the activity of a group or soloist can be hit or miss. Is this something that would interest you all/would be beneficial?
>>
So Mosuri and Citrus were announced as performing at the Daytona Indie Fest a few months back, but it seems like Citrus has pulled out and been replaced by a new group called Royal Bullet (@royalbulletidol). Cherry, May, and San have all shared the new group's Instagram page on their story so I'm wondering if they're just rebranding or what? since that's like most of citrus lol
>>
>>10262320

I'll tell you who's getting in. That Majika group because their leader is sucking the con owner's dick. They do nothing all year and have one post on their social media. Its definitely not fair to others who have worked hard.
>>
>>10262320

Don't know much about them, but from what my friend who performed last year told me was that they weren't very friendly and stuck up and they also took up the entire rehearsal time for themselves and their set.
>>
>>10263411
I wish cherry would have just stuck with citrus. This makes no sense.
>>
>>10263411
Cherry seems to take on a lot of responsibilities. It doesn't seem like citrus is disbanding, so adding another idol group on top of producing things like kirakira and dreamstage? I don't see why she felt the need to form ANOTHER group.
>>
>>10263405
I’m all for a cover group/odorite website.
>>
>>10263451
To be fair Kira Kira is dead and was replaced by dream stage but I agree
>>
>>10263411
Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist, but to me it seems like Cherry deliberately excluding the other Citrus members? Yua and Kuririn haven't done any Royal Bullet promotion like the others have, which just seems odd to me. They're also the less "cool" members so making a group specifically with that image instead of just doing a cool setlist with Citrus seems like a thinly veiled attempt at shutting them out to me.
>>
>>10263510
Maybe that's why they aren't in it? They seem like softer, more cutesy type of performers so I can imagine they didn't want to join this or couldn't. Anyways, I don't think it's really that big of a deal since lots of idol groups have separate subgroups for various members and concepts.
>>
>>10263636
I guess it seems strange to me because I saw that Yua had promoted the event after Citrus was announced to be performing and had it listed as an upcoming performance in her Instagram. She seemed really excited for it, I can't imagine that she'd willingly drop out. Can't say for sure without asking the members tho lol
>>
>>10263451
>>10263451
If it's just the three who have been seen promoting the group, how are they even going to get anything done? Cherry and San are two of the busiest people in the idol community lmao and May's pretty tied up with LNav/Mystic Wish too. I don't get it, it feels so unnecessary to make a whole new group.
>>
A quick question! A lot of overseas idols are represented by their own colours within their groups or being a soloist. Just say a member of a group performed a solo performance but wanted to wear another colour for the performance in their outfit. Would it get people confused?
>>
>>10263643
Idols in Japan wear outfits with colors that differ from their image colors all the time, I don’t think it’s confusinf as long as you already have established what your image color is.
>>
>>10263642
May, San and Cherry are people who are always down for performance opportunity. But yeah I think it's unfair to create this whole new group rather than just sticking with their own groups. Are you soloists or not? Plus, pretty sure may wasn't even in citrus anymore? Or maybe it was that she got too busy with her own group but then the point still stands. Stay with your own group and help give your members opportunity as well.
>>
>>10263641
I looked up the Indie Fest lineup and it looks like a predominately normie event. They probably wanted to lessen the weeb factor for the sake of promoting idol culture as something Americans can get with. Yua's personality is kind of cringe so honestly I wouldn't blame Cherry for having her sit this one out given she doesn't fit the cool theme they're going for. Kuririn doesn't even live in Florida, so that's an obvious reason she's probably not in it either.
>>
>>10263656
I still hate that excuse. What is your group for? You can just pick and choose what members deserve to perform? If you feel like your group doesn't fit in, or you have problems with some of your members, then don't perform at all. That's not how a leader should run things. That's just selfish.
>>
>>10263660
You're pretty heated over this whole thing for just being a bystander lol
Maybe that's something you should be talking over with Cherry and not shit talking your own group, Yua. If anyone in Citrus is looking unprofessional, it's you right now.
>>
>>10263666
I'm not Yua lmao I'm just calling it like I see it. I don't have to be part of the group to see how wrong this looks.
>>
>>10263666
doubt that's her, I'm pretty sure she was one of the ones who spoke against 4ch back when that blew up in OIC. I don't think anyone should be jumping to any hasty conclusions. Isn't it still entirely possible that Yua and/or Kuririn just werent comfortable with a whole setlist of a cooler image? They're the weaker dancers in Citrus too so maybe they just couldn't keep up with the others' plans and that's why they made their own, more ambitious group? We can't know without asking the members themselves
>>
>>10263679
If yua was promoting the indie fest too and was apparently excited over it then why would she just back out? Idk maybe I'm too much of an 'all or nothing' person and hold groups to a higher standard. If you can't keep up with the group, why are you there? And also, if you have members that struggle, try and help them? This just makes citrus look like nothing but an ornament to hang up when the situation fits. If you're just gonna go off and make a whole different group then what's the point in having a 'group' at all? But that's just how I see it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5BK6pF2SNY
I don't think this ever got posted, but Dot Bless posted a new cover a couple weeks ago with their new trainee members.
>>
>>10263451
>cherry taking on even more responsibilities
The best part is that she can't even do them right. Dreamstage was a fiasco. Citrus was working on their costumes until the day before the performance.
>>
>>10263688
It's really not a complicated concept to grasp desu. They're a subunit. Like Guilty Kiss. If the entire group were in it, they'd just be Citrus, but the edgy theme wouldn't fit the group's existing concept? Who's to say this is a permanent group anyways? I don't think it will be after this event is over anyways considering San and May have their main groups to focus on afterwards, and Cherry doing whatever Cherry does.
>>
>>10263700
But the question is still there for why they're doing a subunit at all rather than just using Citrus; an already established group?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1568906363004.jpg (23 KB, 602x421)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>10263679
Just because she spoke up doesn't mean it ain't her. A lot of oic that spoke up still post and lurk.
>>
>>10263694
Fuck dotBless and fuck their leader. She's got the nastiest attitude and it's a wonder why anything she does still keeps them afloat
>>
>>10263721
Yikes what's the tea lol
>>
>>10263698
DreamStage being a fiasco wasn't all her fault tho so I think that's a little harsh to judge her on that.
>>
>>10263694
This is so bad why would you put this out there
>>
>>10263714
Then ask the same question for every actual idol group ever LOL
>>
>>10263723
It was not the show being cut short.
It was her awful planning and how she dealt with everything before and during the show, AFO situation aside.
>>
>>10263722
T starts drama a LOT both in and out of her idolsona. Her last victim was A-nyan, and she's been relatively quiet, but she's a nasty spirited person, rude irl, and my personal interaction almost left me wanting to bitch slap the taste out of her mouth.
T could be great, and the video proves that she's got the potential to BE an idol, but she's pretty and vindictive for no reason.
>>
>>10263726
As far as I know, subunits happen when there's already a concert dedicated to the entire group. Or when certain people want to do content on their own channel. But when doing something like Indiefest, an opportunity to show off idols to the normie realm, it would be better to show and advertise your actual group.
>>
>>10263714
That's like asking Tsunku why he made up 3, 7 and 10nin matsuri as shuffle units or why Mari Yaguchi and Tsunku agreed to come up with Mini Moni as a subunit....
>>
>>10263728
You can be talented all you want but if you can't support and bring up the rest of your group with you then it makes you look just as bad.
>>
>>10263731
Riddle me then why it's just Guilty Kiss attending AnimeNYC and not the other units or Aqours as a whole???

>>10263732
^^^^^^
>>
>>10263700
I guess it's mostly weird because Citrus has always had a fluctuating lineup and never felt the need to make a new unit before. If they were a group with more members and a more solid lineup nobody would be batting an eye at this. y'all are blowing it way out of proportion lmao
>>
>>10263739
^^^^^ this. Justify it how you want it still looks fishy.
>>
>>10263740
I was saying it's probably NOT anything fishy? They're allowed to try something new and it doesn't have to mean that there's drama behind it. Y'all need to chill, if there's actual drama it'll come out eventually.
>>
>>10263727
What did she do wrong during the show?
>>
>>10263694
The brunette is so lost it's not even funny
>>
Y'know what's funny is that there are people who have insider knowledge but can't say enough to out themselves lol so it's a big forum of 'assumptions' and vague posting.
>>
>>10263722
She had a bunch of drama with another black idol back in the day (Amina I think?) to the point of being racist towards her and calling her a "porch monkey" online. Never liked Teya after that. Her inner ugliness overpowers anything else she's capable of.
>>
>>10263694
I wish the leader didn't have such a gross attitude, her dancing is nice. Also, as the leader she should have viewed this video and decided against posting it. Personally, I'd rather re-film than release something where clearly others weren't ready.

On the other hand, people like the brunette in this video irritate me the most. If she wasn't going to properly try to do the dance, why make everyone else look bad by participating?
>>
>>10263735
As true as that is, what's wrong with wanting to do a subunit just for a performance??
You seem REALLY upset about this.....
>>
File: FB_IMG_1568661959543.jpg (15 KB, 450x513)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>10263789
The leader probably posted it just so she could brag about how much better she is than her counterparts.
T is absolutely shady like that, and I wouldn't put it past her to purposefully upload this just to embarrass them while exalting herself
>>
>>10263735
Oh my God I just realized I meant to respond to >>10263731 when I wrote >>10263804. Forgive me Anon.
But I agree with you, and T really should know this.
>>
>>10263804
I'm not??? I'm just stating my opinion calm down lol
>>
>>10263806
I’m not Teya, but I agree that she’d do something like that lol
>>
So...let me get this straight. We are still bashing ppl about shit that happened 5+ years ago. Like when are we going to let some of this stuff go? Can someone just make a non bias site for cover groups to get honest feedback because this is pathetic.
>>
>>10263888
None cant be honest with each other face to face, haven't you learned that by now kid?>>10263825
>>
>>10263694
I'm not familiar with this group, so please excuse me!

Twin tails seems like the only one that's somewhat familiar with dancing. The brunette is... Yikes. She better have one hell of a voice, cause why else would you accept that into your group? Girl needs to put effort in if she actually wants to be an idol.
>>
>>10263804
Why would you make a citrus subunit when one of the members of that subunit wasn't even featured in the citrus rebrand? Why would you make a subunit when the main group can't get its shit together
>>
>>10263742
>if there's actual drama it'll come out eventually.
Like someone who can't manage shit, creates a bunch of things that never take off because she's all hype and no substance. Dream Stage was basically the Fyre Fest of idols.
>>
>>10263912
Oh my God, you're being so dramatic. Did you even watch Dream Stage? It was fine save for the part that got cut off, and that wasn't even anyone's fault except AFO's.
>>
>>10263909
Maybe that's the reason why. Kek.
>>
>>10263912
Girl we'd like to see you try to do the same. At least Cherry is active on trying to bring people together. Nobody is making any money off of any of this stuff.
>>
>>10263714
Why are people saying it's a sub unit when there has been no announcement on any social media about a relation between the two? Although there are similar members, it looks to be a very different style and image the group is going for. Even though they have "idol" in their username, their bio and post says "girl group." Citrus could do a cool concept sure, but the group image seems to be more bright and fun than anything else. Groups do have variations in image, but with how much more aggressive and edgy the Royal Bullet imagery looks, it seems far different than what the Citrua image could pull off.
>>
>>10263912
Shut up kazu
>>
>>10263975
shut up cherry lol
>>
>>10263975
As if kazu is the only person that posts on here
>>
Cherry don't secretly self-post about your new project without expecting people to talk shit about your last project. Build a track record.
>>
>>10263888
Hi Teya.
Yes we're still going on because you haven't changed, you evil skank. When you learn not to be such a manipulative, egotistical asshole and actually HELP your idol mates get better rather than releasing shit PVs that make you look as bad as they look dancing, we'll talk again.
Til then?
Suffer.
>>
>>10263909
Idols *DO* collab.... You know that right? And maybe that's why they made the subunit
>>
>>10264008
Just give up cherry lol
>>
I don't understand the cherry hate? I've watched her content for years and at the very least she's one of the more consistent ones with bringing local idols and performers together.
>>
>>10264062
I wonder if it's the same people who brought down julily and nyaru. There's been too many attempts to take down big contributors that its suspicious.
>>
Question for the gulls: I'm MC' ing a liveshow for my own group this weekend. I've seen some criticism on MCing on this board before so I was wondering if anyone has any tips as to what to talk about while on stage to make sure it is not boring?
>>
>>10264053
Definitely not Cherry, but ok anon. If it helps you sleep.
I'm just trying to figure out why this is a huge deal to you. It's just a collab. Let it go and work harder if you want someone to collab with you.
>>
>>10264160
For me personally:
I hate unnecessary shuffling of the feet. It's a huge pet peeve and I end up not listening because you (general) are shuffling your damn feet.....If you must move, please just move around. Don't just rock from side to side or shift your weight from one foot to the other.
Make sure you smile and show enthusiasm, feelings be damned. If you're having any negative feelings, push them as far off as you can because it can and usually DOES show on your (general) face.
Know the pronunciation of anything you're going to announce. I've seen too many people fuck up pronunciation way too much and it's infuriating.
Engage the audience.
Always try and keep the hype train going.

Again, these are from both an idol and personal spectator view, so I don't speak for anyone but myself. I do wish you lots of luck and fun MCing this weekend!
>>
So ok I'm not T. But with that response it raises another question. How do you know a person has changed? Do you still follow her? Do you check her social medias? If she isn't given a chance to show that she has changed what more can she really do. As a leader of a group myself I would never of posted that hot mess of a cover. T was they only one comfortable with the dance and I'm sure she self posted on here to give herself an ego boost of some sort. I don't know her or follow her, but I do know she is in it for herself as most idols are that form groups. Which also brings up another question. Instead of posting here about someone why can't we just ask them about it if they have a tellonym? Most people that have it want people to just ask them straight out rather than post on an anon site to create more rumors. Or does no one really care about facts here and rather keep being toxic?
>>
>>10264231
She's unfortunately in all the fb circles I'm in, so I run into her toxic ass constantly. I promise you, she hasn't changed one bit since the debacle with A-nyan.
>>
>>10263984
kazu:
>known lurker who has autistic screeching fits when people aren't actively praising her on 4chan and instagram
>known to cause drama in the community
>toxic in general

I'm not saying you're wrong. But the odds aren't in your favor here.
>>
>>10264065
I'm almost sure it's one of the same big three known for having shit fits when gulls aren't actively licking their ass.
>>
Ok now who is kazu?
>>
>>10264503
Shorter member of Tambourine Idols.
>>
>>10264503
Girl with the short hair
>>
>>10264065
It probably is. I’m getting bored of these thread now. we don’t discuss idols anymore we just bash them.
>>
Let’s start a couple of topics then, shall we?

Are there any idol events you’re looking forward to?

I’m personally excited for SIF, while I can’t attend in person the lineup is interesting and I’m sure there will be footage.

What are some groups or soloists that you personally love but feel like don’t get enough attention?

I’m a big A-Muse fan and never see them posted or discussed here! They always look nice and have lives regularly.
>>
>>10264611
I love:
Chiyo (the guy). His voice is so soothing and I feel like he's got a lot of potential.
Sakura Hana. As cringy as she is and can be, there's just something really endearing about her.
Phoebe. She's got a really good voice and style, and I really like the dedication she puts in.
Kuro Hime. She's cringy too, but she's self aware of it, which I respect, and also is entertaining from what I've seen.
Mira. She has a pretty decent voice, and I wanna see her grow.

I probably have really shit taste to you all, but I really like these idols.
>>
>>10264619
Only sakura hana is shit tier but i respect most of them in their own ways

I love nyaruchu despite not performing much now and days. The jack of all trades image motivates me in a way
>>
>>10264619
I can't respect someone who fakes mental illness like KH. Cringy or not.
>>
>>10264619
If by endearing you mean absolutely garbage, lol. Sakura Hana is a shitshow and an embarrassment.
>>
>>10264691
Woahhhh, she fakes it? You can't just drop a bomb like that, I need tea....

>>10264699
Like I said, I have shit taste, and I recognize it. I guess because she's still a kid I cut her a lot more slack than the other idols. I want to give her a chance to improve.
>>
>>10264706
She’s 17
>>
>>10264611
I really like Eira! Her style is really fun and her performances are always decent at the very least
>>
>>10264781
Eira is honestly one of the best performers in this community, I wish more people talked about her so I’m happy to see this! Did anyone see her recent upload?
>>
>>10264611
I’m going to second Chiyo!! I’d love to see a collaboration between him and Poppy, they could pull off a lounge music-style duet really well.

And out of the newest Flusay generation, I genuinely like Winnie! She has a lovely voice, and I’d love to see her go solo/join a more reputable group in the future.
>>
>>10264853
Winnie would benefit from doing anything unrelated to Flusay. It will be better than being known as a member of Natalie and Holly ft. Flusay Girls.
>>
Hanazakari Weekend Dance Cover | StarStruck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFaL17GplFA
>>
>>10264699
What’s with all the vendetta against her?
>>
Is love live dead? I feel like I see less and less groups as time goes on, but it might just be my area. Do you think that love live groups will come back with the release of All Stars? The game is definitely going to make choreo more available for people who don't like to pirate live shows, and now there's 9 new characters.
>>
>>10264932
Some conventions are literally just Love Live at Masquerades. Definitely not dead yet.
>>
>>10264932
The hype has gone down a LITTLE but I'm sure more PDP cosplayers will arise.
>>
which overseas idol group is the most popular? I'm new to this and I want to find more groups
>>
>>10264968
Peachy Parade and Danzoo Dash are the first to come to mind. Morning Sunrise (Mosuri) is also getting popular and are really cute. I also enjoy Auracle (auracleidols) though they're pretty new I think still. And maybe Tambourine??
>>
>>10264924
To put it shortly and professionally, she's a teen who's been in the idol scene for a few years, who is...not entirely receptive to criticism, constructive or otherwise. She's in a home environment that's not the best and she needs a lot of emotional support, more than any community can really provide her. She's run through several online communities and gotten banned or removed from them, for the reasons listed above. You can check out her tellonym for more info. She's actually made a ton of progress in her dancing, her voice and piano playing are solid, but her reputation overshadows most of her idol activities.

As a side note, I wouldn't recommend pressing for more information about her or discussing her on this thread, because several threads in the past have been derailed and subsequently deleted if her friends catch wind of her being mentioned here.
>>
>>10264982
Can’t we just give the girl another chance without bashing her? If her home environment doesn’t even support her then that’s just terrible. Maybe when she’s 18 she will do better because she will be living on her own

But why is she being called cringe if she is solid and getting better? It makes no sense.

I can see why they got removed though. You’re technically not suppose to go after a specific person but people are gonna do it anyway.
>>
>>10264989
Seriously, stop discussing it here or the thread will get nuked or raded by her whiteknights. Take it to lolcow.
>>
>>10264974
How come no one ever talks about Seishun Youth Academy? They're amazing and really active on IG. I feel like no one ever mentions them here. I also like Ice Qream (I'm Canadian). I saw them at Otakuthon and they were great. They're also active on IG. Both of these groups seem like real idol groups to me.
>>
>>10264994
Just asking geez. Don’t bash her if you don’t want the thread down. Simple
>>
>>10264995
SYA is too good for this discussion. They're also semi professional and never really have drama.

We only talk about the shitty idols as you can see
>>
>>10264997
>sakura brought up during general discussion
>asks why there is vendetta
>gets detailed answer
>"gosh dont bash her you bullies >:("
Then maybe don't ask about someone's history then continue to ignore previous requests to stop. None hasnt even talked about her until now.
>>
>>10265006
>>10264997
>>10264994
>>10264989
>>10264982

Fuck I never wish I said I liked her.... I was trying to go along with anon's attempt at discussion.
>>
>>10265009
It's ok anon. Newfags will learn eventually.
>>
>>10264995
They slipped my mind honestly. Like other Anon said they're kinda semi-professional already so I don't really lump them in with the other overseasidols
>>
>>10263694
>We worked hard on this video
The lie detector determined that's a baldfaced lie....
That brunette is so lost it makes the whole thing look sloppy.
>>
>>10264974
>>10264968

Ice Qream is pretty popular also; their first original song is getting an MV soon.
>>
>>10265006
Just never mind. You guys are so hypocritical.
>>
>>10265009
Don’t let them judge you anon. You like who you like.
>>
Which idols/groups have the best original costumes? I noticed a lot just use tshirts and basic skirts, are there any outfits that really stand out to you as having a cute design and are well made?
>>
>>10265064
It's not hypocritical. We just don't want the thread nuked
It's happened before. Go to lolcow if you want to talk about her. For some reason, someone made a thread there.
>>
【CITRUS】SUPERGiRLS - Kira Kira Sunshine at DREAM STAGE 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqWJgPGnYJ4&t=0s
>>
>>10265145
Yikes, what a disaster. Vocals were decent for a live performance except for the lyric fuckups near the end but the dancing is a mess. Do they even practice?
>>
>>10256478
>>10256478
>>
>>10265145
Citrus should have never come back
>>
>>10265138
That’s hysterical.
>>
>>10265145
The singing was nice! I just don't understand the white borders and the dancing looks so lazy but they started off strong
>>
>>10265182
Seriously, why did they even come back?? All but literally one member had moved on to other, better things already. Cherry and Yua were both on the road to being pretty good soloists, San and May had their own groups, and only Kuririn didn't have anything new but apparently she doesn't even live in Florida anymore? So honestly what were they hoping to accomplish?
>>
>>10265145
This must be why Cherry made that new group for whatever that event Citrus was originally going to be at
>>
>>10265157
>>10265182
>>10265226
Kazu, Washu, just stop and go public with your opinions already.
>>
>>10265230
I'm not kazu or washu. Amazing that people can share similar opinions isn't it?
>>
>>10265182
I'll be honest and say that I thought citrus was really cute and they were one of the first idol groups I knew about in Florida. But as time went on, I feel like they would be better off going their separate directions. It just seems like a side project cherry wants as another part of her 'resume' now. And idk if I even want to support them as a group anymore.
>>
>>10265250
Honestly that's how I feel about it too. I'm happy to support the members in their individual projects, but Citrus just feels like it should've stayed dead. Their comeback was so random anyway? Like, even one or two of the members expressed surprise ON THE INSTAGRAM POST ANNOUNCING THEIR COMEBACK. It seems like cherry just decided it for herself and the other members just sort of went along with it lol. Might explain why they weren't super prepared.
>>
>>10265259
>>10265250
From what I saw, Citrus died because Cherry got a new work schedule that had her working on weekends, probably making even the slightest rehearsal not possible. She was probably sad about it and wanted to bring the group back to give the other members a proper chance to try to perform again.
>>
>>10265261
Sure doesn't seem sad with how she's acting now lol
>>
>>10265230
>>10265248
Literally any time a negative opinion about citrus is shared they go
>kazu
Just stop. There are more than two people in the idol community
>>
>>10265263
I always assume anyone yelling about kazu is just cherry being butthurt lmao
>>
>>10265262
We'll never know a person's true feelings, but that's not to say that Citrus doesn't have anything else planned after this. We also don't know any of that info.
>>
Anyone else think cons should just stop with the idol events? It just gives them an ego imo. Cons have already had masquerades, karaoke, dance contests forever.
>>
>>10265265
I always assume anyone hating on anyone in Florida or OIC is kazu or washu
>>
>>10265318
>gives them an ego
is this b8
I think idol events are a good containment method. Original idols and groups belong more in idol feature events than a cosplay masquerade. If they're actually talented then they might do well in a karaoke or dance competition but it's not their main audience.
>>
>>10265318
I like the idol events.
Hate the egos, but love the events. I always like seeing people debut more than I like the seasoned veterans tho.
>>
>>10265318
So we're gonna get rid of maybe 1 or 2 idol focused events that act as a containment bubble only for people to complain more about how idols will take up karaoke, masquerades, dance contests, and begin blocking more hallway space to host lives?

It's like your asking for a bigger reason to be more upset.
>>
I'm laughing so much because of some posts obviously being yua and cherry sharing their super specific "assumptions" about citrus. Try to hide it a bit better lmao
>>
>>10265322
I’ve heard of kazu, who’s washu and what did they do??
>>
>>10265318
Personally I think idol events are needed. Masquerades use to have beautifully crafted skits, but now a lot of them are just fodder for love live dance groups to make a name for themselves by achieving a novice category masquerade award. Idol events give a place to these people without the need for validation via awards.

>>10265107
>I noticed a lot just use tshirts and basic skirts
This is what I hate the most that seems to come out of LoveLive cover groups that are moving on from LoveLive. They want to do covers from other idol groups but don't wanna put in the effort with nice outfits so a black skirt + group shirt always seems to be the answer.
>Which idols/groups have the best original costumes?
I personally like Mosuri's a lot. I wasn't a huge fan of their first original outfits, but everything since then I think has been getting increasingly better, including their most recent design. I think the fabric choices and crafting of them was pretty well done as well.
I also really like A-Muse (OP topic pic). Even their more simple designs are very tasteful and well done. My personal favorite costumes come from their subunit PULSAR, but they do really well in designing their group costumes too.
>>
>>10256478
>>10256480
Hey! A-muse. Thats a group i didn't expect to see on 4chan.
First idol group i ever saw perform. At madman melbourne 2018 (which was also my first anime festival). And this is literally first time visiting this board (let alone this general), so some funny timing on that.
They were pretty good at dancing, but i liked them mostly because they had good energy and were having fun.
Saw them again at this years madman festival too, they had less girls there but it was still a fun watch.

Lolly is cute, seems almost mildly autistic at times but in a cute way

>>10256478
Also OP you seem to know a lot.
Im really only casually into Idols, so only see them at any anime festival or what have you.
This last one A-muse did this one dance which seemed like it might have been a current "in" dance. A quick set of shuffling to the side then spinning on the spot with one leg up. repeat back the other way, to some fast music. Does that sound familiar?
Since the show i have wanted to know the name because it got stuck in my head but my shitty googlefu failed me (because all i could think to google was shit like "idol dance shuffling and spinning" etc).
Cheers
>>
I’m curious to know people’s thoughts on Risa Rose. She came out of nowhere, but has managed to perform three times this year? Is it because she’s not cosplaying/playing an idolsona, or because she tries to sing as well as dance? It’s confused me.
>>
Lol hi Risa..
>>
>>10265680
>because she tries to sing as well as dance?
Aren't most idols like that? lol
>>
Idol System [Original] Jazi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3yzCrnYW0U
>>
>>10265780
I liked the song at first but... It's so repetitive. Getting past that, it's pretty catchy. Can't comment on the lyrics bc I have a hard time understanding nasally voices.
Only other complaint is that she needs to get a better bra if she's gonna bounce around like that
>>
>>10265780
This is for sure one of her better songs, she's grown a lot compared to her old song sugar sweet. Honestly this one felt like the 2.0 version of Idol feeling (anyone else notice it was the same location?)

Didn't like the costume, and it was a bit repetitive... But it was a nice song. I think it sounded good on her voice
She's getting better
>>
>>10265819
It seems as if her vocals are just flat all of the time. She seems mildly tone deaf, perhaps? I can’t stand listening to her voice.
Regardless, this costume is alright, but it doesn’t exactly flatter her body type. Maybe if she wore a fluffier skirt, or covered her arms a bit? Not sure.
>>
>>10265609
Just wanted to chime in here, but I think I understand why Idol groups, namely original groups, want to perform in masquerades—
Obviously winning is cool and rewarding if it happens, but apart from that, masquerades generally have an audience thats 10+ times bigger than any idol focused event, so if an original group wanted to get their name out there, that’d be the way to do it. Of course, being talented or having a good performance and song helps too.
>>
>>10265651
The song your thinking of is called OIDEMASE by the group FESTIVE. Glad you enjoyed them tho! They’re one of my fav groups to see videos from cause they tend to put a lot of effort into them. They’ve also done a lot to shape the current idol community in Australia, so watching them grow has been lovely.
>>
>>10265831
>OIDEMASE by the group FESTIVE
Thank you!

And yeah i can even tell just from last year to this year how much they've changed (looked up their website recently). Having two groups, doing actual lives pretty often in brisbane etc. I'm happy for them because they were very entertaining and clearly love doing it too.
Also like >>10265609 said A-muse does pretty well with the costumes from what i've seen. they are usually pretty cute and each person has a designated colour, plus they have had many different ones so each doesn't get too old.
>>
>>10265609
Does A-Muse sing at all? I’ve only seen them dance so far.
I also love their outfits!
I think Peachy Parade has cute outfits, though they lack variety.. I suppose it’s a bit harder with only 1-2 members making outfits for 7 people?

Mosuri’s newest outfits are the only one I’ve liked from their group, but I really really like them a lot!

Danzoo Dash has... a lot of outfits but honestly only one or two that I like?

I wish more groups would focus on appearance... a haircut and a little bit of makeup can make a huge difference.
>>
>>10265903
I've been working on an outfit, just gotta finish the accessories and get the shorts I commissioned for it. I keep the opinions of cgl kinda in the back of my mind as I make it, as I see a lot of you have some good feedback.
>>
>>10265947
Make sure your outfit is cohesive! Accessories are great as long as they match and don’t drown out you and your outfit. Make sure you wear shoes that actually go, too.. too many idols seem to dress well and then wear whatever on their feet.
>>
>>10265903
Agreed. I like Peachy’s recent outfits a lot more than their last ones. They were both cute, but the recent ones are cuter imo and I didn’t really like how cookie-cutter their previous outfits were.

Mosuri’s outfits are easily my favorite in the idol community. I pretty much hated their first uniforms but their most recent ones are really cute!
>>
>>10265903
Regarding amuse I can't find any videos on their youtube of singing except this one which has a pretty strong backing track but you can tell some are singing louder than others. I know their sub-unit Pulsar sings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFgOI0QevXc
>>
Why the party hat? lol
>>
>>10265969
Oh don't worry, I got some really nice shoes for them!
>>
>>10266161
Please learn how to use 4ch
>>
>>10266272
Or you could just explain and not be an ass about it
>>
>>10266161
>>10266328
Newfag gtfo or learn to google
>>
Get To Know StarStruck | HimeLuka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd9dmILUHjs
>>
I want to make graphics to promote my group's upcoming performances on SNS, can anyone recommend photo editing apps that fit the idol aesthetic? Cute fonts and stickers, can make collages or fit pictures within each other, etc.
>>
>>10256478
>>>/jp/
>>
>>10266959
This thread topic has been on /cgl/ for a long time now and I don’t intend to move it.
>>
>>10266956
Line Camera is a good one!
>>
>>10266956
PicsArt might be good? The constant promo for premium is annoying, but you can get a few things done without it. I vaguely glanced through the Harajuku stickers and based on that alone, it fits the aesthetic. I don't do these kinds of edits, so I'm not much help, sorry.
>>
>>10266956
Meitu
LineCamera
PicsArt
Those are the three main ones I use. Just don't use the face tuner on Meitu. It makes western faces look abnormal as hell
>>
>>10267349
It makes Asian faces look weird
>>
>>10267398
Ok, that's valid.
>>
off topic but i’m glad my group is disbanding it is such a fucking mess
>>
>>10267694
Dunno which group, but what are you gonna do afterwards?
>>
>>10267695
Hopefully go to college but its like a 3 hour drive from where I am, dont know any idol groups in that area
>>
I have a problem.....
I've been planning a parody song for nearly two months.... but just as I'm getting ready for the release at the beginning of next month, I find out that another group releases a parody of the exact same song with damn near the same title on the 30th..... I'm listening to the other group's parody and they don't sound anything alike, but I'm terrified that someone is gonna think we copied them.

Should I scrap it and just let it go, or should I release mine?
>>
>>10267785
Just post it anyway honestly. but if it is something that is worrying you that much you can reach out to the group with something like "really funny coincidence but I was doing this parody as well! i wanted to reach out because mine was going to be released after yours, and i didn't want you to think i copied your idea!" and maybe show some screencaps or w/e of what you've worked on already. if they have the audacity to claim you copied them after yours is released, at least you have receipts saying you reached out, and timestamped proof of your work in progress in case they get petty and try to attack you online.
>>
(double posting for a new topic, sorry)

But did anybody just notice how Ambiflora quietly disbanded? I didn't see any discussion on it here and they were a hot topic in the last threads. It seems they've transformed into more of a resource cause they couldn't agree on a direction for the group to go, so now they're all just mentors for people who live up north? What do you guys think?
>>
>>10267815
It was mentioned in the last thread. I personally don’t know what to make of it. I don’t really care much for the group now.
>>
>>10267701
Ahh, we're in a similar situation. The college I'm going to go to is 2hrs away, so I'll be leaving my group when the time comes. I don't think I'll continue being an idol though, after I graduate. :/
>>
It looks like mahou kiss is doing original idols now? But one of them has a wig and the other doesn't. You either have wigs as a group or you don't. Doesn't look good.
>>
>>10267814
Thank you!
>>
>>10267941
I don’t think it matters. The quality of the wig is poor, but that has nothing to do with whether or not she should be allowed to wear a wig. Seems like a nonissue. It’d be different if she made up a whole character but the others didn’t. For now she literally seems to just be wearing a wig.
>>
>>10267946
By all means do whatever you want I just think it looks bad lol
>>
Y'all ain't say shit when Mosuri did that but go off
>>
>>10267941
>>10267956
You're freaking out about a wig when most idols wear wigs.....

You sure you don't have some personal issue with Mahou?
>>
>>10267987
Calinas wig was realistic and you couldn't really tell. It still blended in okay
>>
>>10267941
>>10267946
>>10267989
I thought OP was talking about a natural color wig that uses real hair (like Calina from Mosuri uses), but having a cheap colored amazon wig while everyone else seems to be using their natural hair looks very off. Nevermind OPs vendetta, it doesn't look good.
>>
>>10267989
I promise I have no vendetta against them. I'm just pointing out something that doesn't look good to me.
>>
Only two of them have been revealed so how do you know the rest are using their real hair?
>>
>>10268081
Lmao even if the rest are using real hair why is one of them wearing that wig? My point still stands
>>
>>10268093
Maybe she's got a skin problem, maybe she's balding. Who gives a shit?
Hell, I wear a wig for idol activities. Most of us do. I bet the ones who you THINK are natural are a wig.
Which begs the question again:
Why. Do. You. Care?
>>
>>10268102
Damn calm down why are you getting so pissy over an opinion??? You one of their friends or something? There's been a conversation about idols wearing wigs in the past and what people think about how they look. If they are natural looking wigs and look nice, sure go for it. As long as everyone looks cohesive and equal. Having a bunch of people in wigs and one person with no wig and natural hair or vice versa. Just looks odd. It's an aesthetic thing. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>10268102
But how does that excuse a unnatural cheap colored wig? I would be agreeing with you if it was a naturally colored wig made of real hair fibers, but its not. It looks off and doesn't match with the rest of the group.

You sound like someone from mahou kiss. Your getting upset at someone pointing out how bad it looks compared to your other members.

>inb4 not everyone can afford a expensive wig made of real hair
So why still choose a unnatural hair color? Amazon has cheap cosplay wigs that have natural hair colors. If Calina from Mosuri can pull it off, so can your member.
>>
OP, your backtracking is bad. You said
> You either have wigs as a group or you don't. Doesn't look good.
Correct me if I’m wrong but that doesn’t at all hint about style or quality or color. But all of a sudden, you mean style and quality and color. If you’re going to make a point, say what you mean.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jXZ-MeP548&list=PLB-ERbLr2NUh5obVAohh7IKUQuIqdL25q&index=2
>>
>>10268116
>OP your backtracking is bad
Someone else is backtracking after being called out as a mahou kiss member
>>
>>10268118
Theirs dancing is so uncoordinated it hurts
>>
>>10268116
You're just mad you got called out lol
>>
Someone really tried to stir up drama over a damn wig.

Half the idol community looks like a fool because of a lack of understanding on how to polish/dress themselves. The wig thing isn’t note worthy, let them be.

If it was such a problem the group members would of said something, they are just trying to have fun. When idols become as polished as most stage performers or non-weeb dance groups than maybe it’s worth bitching about. Did they not let you in their group OP? Does the lack in fan numbers hurt your feels and you need to lash out? Cause it seems you’re either insecure and wanted people to lash out on them to sooth your frail ego so you feel validated
>>
>>10268134
Oh my God lmaooooo you're making this into a much bigger situation than it needs to be. You're literally the only one angry. People are allowed to share their opinions on here. Get used to it or get off 4chan.
>>
>>10268134
This needs to become a copypasta lmao
>>
>>10268118
That poor Nozomi. It doesn't even look like her legs are able to bend anymore. She didn't do any of the jumping, barely did any of the kicks, and didn't even do the sidestepping moves. I hope she keeps dancing because it's healthy, but she should include some stretches and improve her flexibility. Her weight isn't as distracting as the fact that she can barely move because of it. And everyone in the video looks like someone was forcing them to do it. They look miserable.
>>
>>10268118
They've got an impressive amount of views already for being new despite the flaws
>>
>>10268165
this one's got a lot too (for being posted
3 months ago) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9KuA-QVSY
>>
>>10268185
Eh that's not particularly much. They have cute thumbnails tho
>>
>>10268121
>>10268130
I mean I’m not a member and I buy human hair wigs but okay. I guess I’ve called out.
>>
>>10268118
Why does Kotori look so done with this. Most of her movements were done sloppily, like she was bored... If you're going to be the center, please be enthusiastic.
>>
>>10268135
NTAYRT but that’s kind of ironic considering OP has kind of been a bitch cause people disagree.
>>
>>10268200
If sharing my opinion on what I think looks good makes me a bitch then that's fine. Be mad about it. :)
>>
>>10268106
I'm a solo idol so nah bro. But no one mentioned it was unnaturally colored so there is that missing tidbit
>>
>>10268116
This. No one said anything about the type of wig or colors so how was anyone to know? OP is irritating.
>>
>>10268201
To be clear, I’m not upset with your opinion. Your opinion is valid. I personally don’t like the responses that came after that were claiming you meant style and color when initially rupiah didn’t mention either. Just own up to it. Opinions are respected here as long as that opinion isn’t suddenly paraded as a different opinion when there’s clear evidence they’re two different opinions.
>>
>>10268221
Whoops I don’t know what rupiah is meant I meant “when initially you didn’t mention either.”
>>
>>10268118
This is really bad..... Not much synchronization and they don't look happy
>>
New topic. I seem to notice a lot of idol groups, cosplay and otherwise, use intros. I’ve never cared much for them and often see them as useless, but what are you gulls opinions on intros.
>>
>>10268225
they're cute as long as it's short and to the point (the 10-15 second ones are pretty unnecessary). I don't really find intros to be a necessity though, I click on a video for the content at the end of the day.
>>
Who is that on the far left and how do I marry her?
>>
>>10268225

They are extremely useful since the whole point of being an idol is the brand yourself. Intros do just that. It could be flashy opening with a logo, or just at the opening of every video you have a quirking saying, say hi to the viewer.

If you’re trying to have a following or even make money out of this it’s extremely important. This goes for YouTube and idols in general. Even unground idol groups that I follow on YouTube make the effort to do a intro......if anything not having one hurts you
>>
>>10268249
I agree it's all about branding. Whether or not you realize it makes an impression, it does. It's kinda hard to explain but having an intro with the logo and whatnot is kind of like a subconscious stamp in the viewers head about the content they are watching. Also I think an intro shouldnt be any longer than 6-7 seconds.
>>
>>10268244
a basic white weeb
can be found literally anywhere
>>
>>10268225
Personally I like them if they're not awkward to watch. It's a great way to get to know groups you'd like to support and pick a favorite. And like other anons mentioned, it definitely does help w branding.
>>
A bit cringe but it looks like we are going to get the lineup for holiday matsuri now
Idols a la Carte just announced
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3PibKTHglo/
>>
>>10268390
"gom-ba-tay" Lollll
>>
>>10268390
What groups do you think are gonna be in this year? Any groups you'd like to see?
>>
>>10268394
That irked my soul XD
>>
Ice Qream original song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dydoxr4uetE
>>
>>10268459
I really wanted to like this but it was cringe city. The filming is nice and I see the effort into the video. But the song, singing and acting that they do just kills it.
>>
Heard the show's going to be longer this year and they picked five love live groups.
>>
>>10268473
5?! JFC why. Thats so unnecessary.
>>
>>10268473
Sounds like AUSA 2.0
>>
I'm tired of these male idols creating a toxic environment and attitude toward themselves. None actually cares about our gender. Theres a lot of opportunities for us If we didn't keep intentionally limiting ourselves based on our gender. Male idols are self sabotaging themselves and I'm tired of it.
>>
>>10268459
I really liked this despite cutesy music like this not being my thing. It sounds like any other net idol song but they used what they had and it was good.
>>
>>10268492
What's this in regards too?
>>
Did anyone catch Cherry's new pet project's debut yesterday? They live streamed it, but I'm not sure if its still available on insta.
>>
>>10268459
If I heard correctly, this was a song meant for another net idol group but was given to Ice Qream instead. I think they did pretty well for what they had.

Like >>10268462 said, the singing & acting could be better but singing is something that will hopefully be improved on with time. The acting is a common issue to get used to especially with real idols. They’ll learn as they grow.

I wish I could differentiate the chorus from the verses more but it’s still okay. I hope if they are able to make an updated version in the future, they’ll make the parts more distinct.
>>
>>10268165
There's a youtube trick where if you self-inflate yourself to like 100 - 200 views you'll start gaining legitimate traction and engagement. I have no idea how youtube's algorithm works, but I've been doing that since 2009 and it works fantastic I recommend it to anyone I know trying to build youtube followings. It's harder to do nowadays because youtube eventually catches the fake views and fixes them, but it's still not impossible or difficult. I'm sure people on here will bitch about it not being authentic or whatever, but frankly I've always seen it as just another typical part of being successful on social media, because as is the algorithms do not help small channels. Loads of accounts do it. However, if your content sucks or even if it's just decent you'll get straight up hate really damn quick if you self inflate because it does seriously bring traction for better or worse.
>>
>>10268603
Self inflating as in just watching your own video over and over?
>>
>>10268610
Exactly. Nowadays you have to watch the full time or most of the time for the view to count, but back several years ago you could just refresh the page after the video loaded for a view. So the process now is open an incognito window, mute the browser, and play the video a bunch of times.
>>
>>10268612
Ooooo wow that's a great idea thank you
>>
Get To Know StarStruck | MoonMoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvvTkyOdxBA
>>
>>10268615
why would anyone watch 18 fucking minutes of this
>>
>>10268241
>>10268249
10-15 seconds is way too long for an intro. Yes, intros are useful in branding yourself however if they're too flashy or long it just doesn't look good. It just makes the video feel awkward when you're waiting for the intro to be over. A good time for intros is somewhere between 3-7 seconds, depending on the type of video. You don't want your audience getting bored do you?
Also, too many effects. Please don't add too many effects, it looks terrible.
>>
>>10268549
Nothing? I'm getting tired of seeing male idols complain about representation or feeling restricted when they don't take the initative to do anything. Male idols feel are entitled to get attention for being male in a female dominated community.
>>
>>10268612
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dvWTsnvQdk
>>
>>10268645
I've been in this community a while and I've only ever seen ONE male idol. Lol can you give some examples
>>
>>10268648
Oh my god lmao they shortened it?
>>
Bait. That's stupid and sounds like a personal problem
>>
>>10268615
I think they took it down
>>
>>10268459
I thought it was really cute. Yeah, sure, could nitpick a whole bunch of things if I wanted but for a non-professional group/.production they did really good.
>>
>>10268656
The first link didn’t seem to be edited. It had them all talking in it off camera
>>
>>10268655
They are probably talking about female born who identify as male.

That doesn't count unfortunately.
>>
>>10268655
Not the anon you're replying to, but I assume they mean the male idols on discords and Instagram etc. that complain about a lack of attention or support from the community.

On one hand, I do agree that the community is biased towards supporting female idols because that's where the focus is in the mainstream J-pop and also chika idol scenes and the Western scene is trying to emulate those. And I feel for male idols because the audiences here probably aren't as welcoming to them especially in their starting up phase.

On the other hand like you say, there are barely any male idols that are actually known/active, while there are tonnes of female groups to discuss. I think that anon is annoyed that the male 'idols' on discord and other platforms complain about no representation or attention, but put out pretty much no content of note. They barely ever perform or even post covers, yet often talk about how they aren't recognized, and feel they have to mention that they are male when it isn't relevant to the conversation.

There's also a subgroup of guys labeling themselves as producers or idols that seem to just play the piano and have an interest in J-Pop. Personally I tolerate them and the content-less male idols because I think the community should be accepting of all sorts of talents, but I don't really consider them idols yet, and won't unless they start to perform or produce content like everyone else.
>>
>>10268668
Ahh I see. And I actually know one of the people you are referring too and...yes it is something I roll my eyes at but tolerate as well. If you want to be noticed, work hard. Put out content to even notice in the first place. If being a male means you have to work harder for attention then you have to work harder. Don't complain about it. The world is unfair but if you work hard enough then you will find an audience to appreciate you. And that goes for everyone.
>>
>>10267941
Agreed 100%. With wigs its everyone or no one unless you like looking weird or off.
>>
Off topic, but Astreal’s Io deleted her account? It was really out of nowhere. She went on a few 2 day hiatus's but she posted something saying “I’m done” and something else than deleted her account. Thats odd. Makes me think Astreal is falling down the the drain. Not that they post anything anyway.
>>
>>10268668
I support the producer/musician types. They may not be labeling themselves as idols, but they're aiming to fill a very neglected niche in this community. Especially now that groups are starting to focus on original music rather than covers, there's a need for more musicians and composers. And how many groups have failed or put out subpar content because the idols in the group are trying to do everything themselves? Having a manager that isn't performing is probably one of the best ways a group can improve. I'm all on board for welcoming those guys and including them in the community.
>>
>>10268684
My guess is she couldn't handle the vicious nature of the community.
>>
>>10268684
It could also not be related to them at all.
>>
>>10268473
>idol showcase
>five love live groups
Lmao
>>
>>10268870
Tbh I wish we had more vocaloid groups if it’s gotta be cosplay
>>
Julily also seemed to be posting a few stories on Instagram about looking after herself more than being in charge of the Overseas Idol Community. There were a little while ago but it came to mind and I wondered people's thoughts. She is probably best off looking after herself rather than other people. If you don't look after yourself first it becomes a problem.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tNQKeHnB_E
>>
>>10269021
Not a fan of the 3rd track, but I like all the others. Dreamtime feels like one of those songs I'd listen to at 3am
>>
>>10268118
Maybe this is a nitpick, but I dislike when Love Live groups cover songs in outfits that don't match at all. I'm sure they had their reasons for choosing to do WonRush in Christmas outfits, but I got severe whiplash when the music started because I was expecting at least Snow Halation.
>>
>>10269111
Yeah, this is a nitpick, but I relate. It's so jarring when the outfits don't match.
>>
>>10269111
It is a nitpick but a fair one. I do like that they matched with the location, but I feel they could’ve found another place to use the actual WR costumes
>>
>>10269111

It's a small nitpick, and I agree that the outfits should try to match the song. But even the actual live concerts had Muse performing Wonderful Rush in their Snow Halation outfits one time so who even knows lol
>>
>>10268656
There was like 10 minutes of silence in the other video where it was just a black screen. The twenty minutes was really about ten. They also seem to have sped cat ears up, because she was really awkward in the first video, spoke slower, and paused a lot. Pauses and slow speech are sped up.
>>
oh my oh my https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSfzFha-ow&list=PLB-ERbLr2NUh5obVAohh7IKUQuIqdL25q&index=2&t=0s
>>
>>10269463
ABSOLUTELY NOT.
What, did they meet like one day before and decided fuck it, this is good????

I absolutely HATE it when people look to their dance mates so they can be spoonfed the moves.... it's lazy and bad.
>>
>>10269463
Dare I say... This is the worse love live cover group I've ever seen. I get they're missing members, but you have to overcome and adapt. It's not that hard to adjust the choreography to fit the new line up.
Seriously, it's like what >>10269488 said. It's such a mess, I'm embarrassed for them.
>>
>>10269463
This group is such a mess I don't even feel like they are worth talking about at all
>>
>>10269463
Where's this location at? See this is what gets overseas idols worked up. A decent stage yet it's clogged with straight up shit. These people should be ashamed to have wasted this audience's time, if there was one. It's straight up selfish to think you can go up there half-assing a performance just so you can get spotlight.
>>
>>10269611
This. Being denied a spot on stage just to see absolute shit like this take the spot makes me rage.
I mean, this makes me think they know someone who runs the idol showcase because there's absolutely no way this would fly in any respectable idol show.
>>
>>10269324
I feel like it's different for the actual seiyuu because they're doing multiple songs in a row, so they can't have a costume change every song. The same goes for Love Live groups doing a live setlist at a convention or otherwise.
>>
>>10269636
I think that’s a bold claim. But this is the issue with only allowing one type of group to perform (LL). At this point groups know it’s an easy in. Without an actual screening or audition, everyone has a chance (LL or not). Starstruck is performing at the AUSA showcase but I know other groups who are super hardworking and good but also new that were told no. AUSA had no kind of screening process. They just said sign up. I think all cons should have all applicants send at least 1 video, even if they haven’t debuted yet.
>>
>>10269463
Now I’m not a very good dancer, but even to me this is.. tragic. The skinny one with purple hair is the only one who looks like she’s rehearsed a decent amount, but she seems thrown off in the group parts because everyone else looks so clueless. If they’re serious about this I really hope they put more work in for next time...
>>
>>10269687
I agree with the audition video.
I know that TIF and SIF make you send in some kind of video proof before they pick (even then there is a chance that someone will get picked because they know someone *cough cough* Danzoo *cough*)
That video just further proves there needs to be a screening process.... This just makes me kinda hate LL groups more. It's rare seeing a video by a LL group and it actually be good.
>>
>>10269463
Nozomi should get out of this shitshow for their own good.
>>
>>10269810
>>10269693
Yeah Nozomi's the best dancer but still looks so lost and her position changes are very awkward. She should have practiced in her heels more.

In general with groups like this some more rehearsal time would have gone a long way. Groups with only a few skilled dancers can look fine if they bother to make sure their moves sync up and match.
>>
>>10269743
Sif this year has a very strong lineup except for one really questionable nobody kpop group
>>
>>10270036
SIF screens everyone before they choose so I should hope they'd have a strong lineup.
>>
>>10269743
>(even then there is a chance that someone will get picked because they know someone *cough cough* Danzoo *cough*)
danzoo literally runs SIF lol of course theyre gonna be in it
>>
This is off topic, but I was discussing idol body types with a friend and I got curious on other’s opinions.
Not bodyshaming, but do you feel like overseas Idols who have thinner physiques are more likely to be popular? For example, my friend pointed out that multiple members from Stellure/Mystix(?) (atleast Mimi and Nix) both have actual toned abs, are thinner but not bone-thin, and seem moderately muscular. They both seem like more popular idols in that grouping.
Meanwhile theres idols like Jazi or Natalie (Flusay Girls) who have a bit bigger builds so to speak, but still seem moderately popular in their own way.
Do you think that bodytype has anything to do with popularity?
>>
>>10270232
I mean yeah, but it kinda goes without saying that what's considered conventionally pretty/attractive will gain the most popularity. That's true not only in this community, but in cosplay and in pretty much anything else where people put themselves in the public eye.
>>
>>10270232
cgl hates fatty-chans and marshmallow girls so I mean....
Yeah, of course the thin girls will be more popular.

HOWEVER, if you have talent, you'll surpass the skinnier girls no problem
>>
>>10270232
As other anon said there's a bias towards conventionally attractive people in life in general, so it's a no brainer that idols who are thin and cute have a wide appeal. Bigger girls might be seen as a bit more niche.
However that said I do believe that being pretty without talent doesn't get you far as a net idol. Marketing and styling yourself well, being a solid performer and producing content regularly will grab attention and a following over just looks.
>>
>>10270257
I agree with the talent, I mean Honey Hime is a good example of that.

I also think it depends on the idols style. If you do a lot of gravure stuff, or just more sexy in general, like Jazi for example, obviously people will focus on your body type more

I don’t think body type matters personally, but to some people it will, and we’d be naive to think it doesn’t
>>
>>10270232
As someone who isn’t stick thin & has seen overseas and Japanese idols get more or less “bullied” for weight, I try to do twice as much work because I know if I can’t at least sing or dance decently, people will think I’m useless. I think overall, if you’re trying and it’s showing you’ll be fine.
>>
Calina from Mosuri released her original song "Fickle Pickle"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoqEbapX2f8

what are your thoughts?
i think it's quite catchy desu. the beat was a bit jarring at first but i think it grew on me.
>>
>>10270746
I don’t know yet. I think the concept works and her vocals fit, but something about it is turning me away. I also don’t like that the background vocals are more or less untuned. They don’t seem right. I definitely like the music and I can listen to it on its own, but I don’t think I’d listen to the karaoke or original track unless the BG vocals were changed or removed.
>>
>>10270746
I was on the fence about it but it's pretty good considering the music that overseas idols usually put out. The instrumental itself isn't too cheesey and cheap sounding. I think my only nitpicks are that the lyrics seem a bit jumbled together (and it may be because it was originally a poem and not a song) and the background vocals like other Anon pointed out are a little off sounding. Other than that, not bad for a first song.
>>
>>10270746
I think its bouncy and fun, but the backing vocals are really harshing the sound.i kinda of wish she did them herself, because the other 3 mosuri voices are a pretty discordant
>>
>>10270823
Ohh it's mosuri voices?? That's why it sounded so weird.
>>
>>10270844
I initially thought it was a man's voice
>>
So I know this thread hasn't really been too much about odottemita for a very long time, but I'm trying so hard to find any trace of this old duo I used to be obsessed with. They went by Camel and Turtle and of course one was tall and the other was short. Does anyone know of or remember them, or know where I can find their videos?
>>
>>10270844
>>10270857
The vid at the beginning and the end credits three members. They weren't really able to get in sync and probably recorded each voice remotely
>>
>>10270860
Realistically, being in different places shouldn’t be an issue. If there was a demo to follow, it shouldn’t be hard to follow it. That’s typically how recording works (not everyone is in there at the same time so you have to record and redo to make sure it’s fine). I just think they were off because they didn’t record properly period and their voices weren’t edited at all hence even more discord.
>>
>>10270746
I.... No.
It's too chaotic for my sensitive ass..... The beat is jarring, the lyrics are weird, the backing vocals are unpolished and bad, and I just.... Calina's vocals are good, but they're overpowered and ruined overall by the song itself....
I want to like it but I just can't.
>>
Out of curiosity (and I feel importance), does anyone feel bringing idol culture to the west is cultural appropriation and why? I’ve brought up doing a group to my family and calling it jpop-inspired. One person in particular said i shouldn’t because it could be seen as cultural appropriation because I’m not Asian and it’s not my culture and I should look for Asians if I’m going to call it that.

At what point does this hobby become cultural approbation? Is it doing covers in Japanese or is it the styling despite not using traditional Japanese elements or is it in the being called inspired?
>>
>>10270981
>cultural approbation
I meant appropriation
>>
>>10270981
Lemme guess, that person was white. Or just so clueless that they would give you a free pass if you were Asian without even caring if you were Japanese or not.
I'd disagree with them as J-pop isn't a part of Japanese culture that has been used to mock or oppress Japanese people. Using Japanese elements in a distasteful, caricaturising or costume-y way would be potentially offensive/cultural appropriation.

Also while saying 'inspired' would technically be correct I doubt anyone cares.
>>
>>10271038
No actually. Not white either. My mindset was the same. It is used as a reason to say “Japan is so weird!” but people say that about everything that comes from Japan.
>>
>>10270981
I hate it when people use the 'appropriation' card. Jpop is not something that has been used to mock or disrespect. It's music. And music is for everyone. Are there elements that have originated in Japan? Yes. But is it disrespectful or a mockery to be inspired and incorporate those aspects in your own activities? I think not. We are allowed to enjoy and partake in other cultures so long as we are educated and understand the weight and symbolism behind it and respect it. But I don't believe a music industry like Jpop has anything off limits to others to adapt.
>>
>>10270981
Idols come from the East and West so how the hell is it cultural appropriation if all we do is sing and dance?
If they mean language wise, then Koreans and Japanese should stop using English lyrics in their music....

Was the person who told you this white because if so, they need to be hit with a sack of potato pancakes
>>
>>10270746
Personally, I don’t like it, but it’s actually due to the fact that I hate harsh consonants like k and t, not the vocals or the song itself.
>>
>>10271285
That's oddly specific but I respect it
>>
>>10270981
It is appropriation if you're making it seem like you invented idol and the music, without crediting or referencing the original material
>>
>>10271325
Idk in what situation anyone would even try to claim that and even then I don't see it as appropriation
>>
>>10270746
Calina is a great singer but she has never once been able to sing on beat correctly. She drags tons of notes way too long here and speeds up others and it makes it sound a lot worse than it could, beyond the whole backup voices being not great.
>>
>>10270746
I unironically love this
>>
>>10270746
I absolutely hate this but it’s better than almost everything else the Western Idol Comm has given us.
>>
>>10271350
I have to disagree, I've heard a few other idols have some pretty decent originals.

Now when you say everything else, are we talking in terms of self produced, or helped with production?
>>
>>10270746
What the fuck
>>
>>10270746
Like the other anon said, the vocals are not really on any beat. because of this my enjoyment of the song is way less because I feel like the lyrics and the track are different things and they just got overlayed on top of eachother, they don't really flow together in my eyes
>>
>>10270746
The baseline is really chaotic too. It almost sounds like it belongs in a game.
>>
If I knew how I would but....

Is anyone gonna start a new thread?
>>
>>10272330
(op here) sorry for the delay, got pretty busy.

new thread
>>10272646

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.