[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 104 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: gekoloniseerd.jpg (629 KB, 1200x1600)
629 KB
629 KB JPG
Previous thread >>10203652
I'm dead inside, so pardon the lousy thread recap.
>TomoTalk
>Maid Cafes; which do you like best?
>HisaFest got announced and happened but none of us went
>Lolita fashion stores
>Aspiring photographer wants to know our photography pet peeves
>Atsusacon happened but none of us went
>Animecon announced Animecon Classic in Almelo 5-7 June.
>Viencon talk
>Dave Rogers (Deja Vu/Initial D) will be in Nl September 2nd. Venue should be announced soon
>Con crunch is real
>Bootleg talk
>Abunai happened and went all out with their theme. Visitors seemed to like the changes made and enjoyed their weekend. Also the airco seems to works properly again now. Long live freshly renovated venues. Also also, I'm dead.

Upcoming major events:
>Viencon (Aug 30th - Sep 2nd, America LB), a long weekend at Center Parks with weebs and friends.
>ACC (Aug 31st - Sep 1st, Amsterdam NH), a comic con in Amsterdam. No really, I mean it.
>Dordtse Matsuri - Aug 31st, Dordrecht NB), a new event with music?
>Elfia Arcen (Sep 21st & 22nd, Arcen LB), the second edition of Elfia this year, now in the beautiful Arcen.
>TomoFair Nijmegen (Sep 28th & 29th, Nijmegen GL), same old, same old.
Full list: https://dutchgulls.nl/en/agenda/

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>If something only takes 5 minutes to do, just do it now instead of postponing it.
>Our site with a store list, newcomers guide and more: https://dutchgulls.nl/
>Our Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY
>>
Also credit to Miekie for sharing this picture. I only had close-ups.
>>
>>10246671
>Also also, I'm dead.
RIP
>>
The Dave Rodgers gig will take place in De Tobbe, Delft: fb.com / CafeDeTobbe
>>
Genuine question time!

Why do people complain* so much about cons, but hardly take their time to help out or organise something of their own?

*complain: whine, talk so much shit about it's insane. So not giving feedback, criticising the bad parts of the con for what it was, etc. It feels like less people are appreciating the effort it takes to negotiate with venues, gemeentes (dunno the word) and so on. I hope it gets a little better?
>>
>>10246706
As a staff member of a certain event, I feel that attendees have the right to complain if what is promoted is not close to what is provided, and people should be specific in their complaints.
They pay for the ticket based on your promotion, so you have to deliver what they pay for.

If the event says there are 100 events, and one is canceled, you can complain about that one event being canceled, not about that there is one less.

What you can't complain about an event is crap, without knowing a bit of the organisation behind it. Only complain if you are informed.
>>
>>10246750
maybe I wasn't clear that I was trying to put a disclaimer for exactly what you're saying here.

What I mean is that people talk shit without even trying anything to help. Probably the same people who also complain/rant about commercial expos, lack of fun things to do, etc.

and I don't see how your "staff member of a certain event" matters?
>>
>>10246706
Because they're too lazy to fill in the actual questionnaires, or the questionnaires don't have the option of dealing with their specific issues.
>>
File: Dunning Kruger Chart.jpg (27 KB, 639x470)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>10246706
I feel a lot of the “naggers” you described simply have no idea what they are talking about. They loosely formed an opinion on how things should be done and immediately throw it out in the open. They likely never considered any of the many limitations you have to deal with such as local laws, venue space, budgets, available manhours and such. Can’t say I blame them, after all this is a hidden part of organizing an event of which visitors normally won’t see anything. But it also means any reason given on why their way can’t be done involving these often get seen as an excuse not to listen or the staff being lazy. And while I don’t blame them, it does get to you after a while. Also not never underestimate the power of peer pressure.

As for why they won’t help out themselves, who knows? Some probably have no idea where to start, others just don’t want to gopher and prefer a more challenging role, and then you have those who don’t think volunteering is worth their time to begin with. Again, quite understandable when you think of it.

With that said, I do greatly appreciate constructive feedback, suggestions, remarks or even a basic wishlist. Whenever possible I try to forward things to the right people or even write a quick concept plan if I really like the idea.
>>
>>10246765
I'm not sure how complaining about something and not wanting to help out fixing that are contradictory. Sure, in an ideal world we could all help cons get to a great place, but people have other commitments too or just don't want to put in the effort otherwise.

With complaining the conventions (or the staff of which who lurk here) at least know what could be improved. Sometimes it's also just not clear how to improve things, that doesn't mean the feedback isn't useful.

I will fully agree that there's good and bad ways to go about complaining, though.
>>
>>10246797
Yes, the bad ways is what I meant.
After all, feedback important. But saying this is "cancer bad and wtf are people doing" isn't really helpful.
>>
>10246777
It's pretty hard to give tips and hints to a convention, when the person you're aiming at is a preferment hater, just like half of this 4chan is.
>>
>>10246857
Then aim at a different person? It's not conventions only have 1 staff member willing to listen.
>>
So how was everyone’s experience at Abunai? What were some things you liked, things you didn’t and things that made you go nani the fuck were they thinking? Any ideas and hopes for next year?
>>
I liked the artist alley, great idea to have that be seperate from the dealerroom. Not sure why not all the artists were there though. The alley was pretty small, especially considering the big room, but there were still a lot of artists in the dealerroom??
Speaking of the Brabant zaal, why was the bring and buy so terribly located? There clearly wasn't enough space for all the products and customers, there were big lines and it was super cramped! Plus it was fucking hot in there.
>>
>>10246915

It was a test to see if people liked a separate artist alley, artists were given a choice where to stand. Some chose to be part of the dealer room, some wanted to be part of the artist alley.

Putting the bring and buy there was a terrible decision. The long lines were because it was so small and cramped, they only allowed 3 people in at once.
>>
>>10246907
I didn't like the game room, but I'm not really a gamer so I'm hard to please. One thing I noticed was that the Taiko was unaudible, so a pair of headphones/jack sockets would've been nice. Also more rythm games pls if there's budget for it.
>>
>>10246915
I wish it had been in a different place though.
The brabantzaal was the perfect workshop space and now those got pushed into an impossible to find gym with no opportunity to reach random congoers passing by.

I also agree with more rythm games in the gameroom.
>>
>>10246933
>>10246960
Tomo/gamerooms has a shitload of rhythm games but they weren't invited.
>>
>>10247157
Gamerooms not being invited is probably not an invitation issue, but money.
>>
>>10247176
AF A I K AFK is way more expensive than gamerooms...
>>
>>10247235
Maybe they just don't want anything to do with Tomo, which I can completely understand.
>>
>>10247260
Me, not really. They made some mistakes in the past, and their events are mediocre at best, but they're not THAT bad. Gamerooms really is quite a step up from the old gamepit and since they're under tomo they added quite some unique games to their collection.

Sure, you might hate tomo, you might try to stay away from their events, but DESU the gamerooms booth at DCC is usually the best stand out there with the greatest variety of games. They try to do their own thing instead of dumping 10 consoles with only smash and mariokart and call it a day.
>>
>>10247284
Just because the Gameroom is somewhat OK doesn't mean the people behind it are OK.
>>
>>10246907
>So how was everyone’s experience at Abunai?
I had a great time, this really was my favourite Abunai in a long time. Animecon had better events and games but Abunai had the better overall experience this year. I hope they can pull this off again next year!

>what were some things you liked
The theming and decorations and the hallway with the lights and maids was cool. The LARP element was fun but definitely needs work. It felt like a lot of people didn't knew how it worked or what it was? Also the stands could use some paint and times. The artist alley was nice and that room finally felt alive instead of being empty most the time.

>things you didn’t
The opening video was long and boring. Please bring back the so bad it's good videos! The food was pretty bland and I really wanted a normal meal. There was a buffet but I had no idea what they would be serving and I'm not going to risk spending €20 on things I don't like.

>and things that made you go nani the fuck were they thinking?
Dealer room closing at 7 and the food court at 9. What was up with that?

>Any ideas and hopes for next year?
More cosplay events, maybe have some prices to make the competitions worth competing more?
>>
>>10247297
Not all of them are evil.
>>
>>10247320

They dont tell you what it is until you actually get there.
saturday the main dish was all you can eat spareribs, they had salad, corn soup, bread, fries and tiramisu for dessert.

Coffee and tea were free, but you had to pay 1-3 coins for anything else.
>>
>>10247176
It was a "we don't want Tomo on our convention" issue.
>>
>>10247297
How do you know the staff of Tomo aren't okay?
Is that your own opinion, or are you one of the Tomo hating brigade?
>>
I noticed yaycon's domain has expired some time ago. I guess this means no more yaycon.
Did they ever make an official anouncement?
>>
I wish the LARP bit would have been done better, I barely noticed it desu. Not sure what they were going for. The theming and decorations were great though. I liked that it wad incorporated almost everywhere, even moreso than the cons before. Didn't the maids have lights on their uniforms too? And I've seen a few performance bits in the Brabant zaal with people dressed up in faction uniforms or something, but it was hard to follow what the deal exactly was.
What annoyed me a lot this Abunai was that a while before the dealer room closed, some stands were already packing. It wasn't as bad as with Animecon though. Almost all the stalls were cleared up before the official closing time of the dealer room :/
>>
>>10247385
Last time they talked about a new edition was in October 2018: they were looking for a possibility to come back in late 2019, early 2020.
>>
>>10247357
>Tomo hating brigade
Nice name!
>>
>>10247454
It's not nice to hate a convention for no reason, but sure, if you like the name...
>>
>>10247500
I don't hate the convention or the people (and not >>10247297), I do not like them and do not want to work with them anymore after they fucked up a few times.
>>
>>10247452
I heard some stories about that too. Also about looking for a new location and stuff like that.
But as far as I know, the organizers are a bit busy with, you know, work, relationships, ie. adult life.

(How do those Animecon guys do that? They're old, have careers, relationships, money, and they still got time to spare to organize a couple of conventions.)
>>
>>10247505
That's your own choice, which I and others should respect.
However, it's another story to burn them with stories that are not true.
I don't know what happened between you and them, but I have good experience with them desu.
>>
>>10247640
Sounds like Tsunacon and so on. Totally understandable.
>>
>>10247505
>I do not like them and do not want to work with them anymore after they fucked up a few times.
lol same
>>
>>10246907
I enjoyed all the decorations they had, made it feel like an actual theme this time. I personally loved both Friday and Saturday night disco's, although I really don't like all the racist comments that are visible during Abu-Beats. The Russian Hardbass beating Disney was amazing, I've never listened to the genre before, but we had a blast partying to it. Too bad Disney actually came afterwards and killed the dancing mood.

The Bring & Buy was in an absolutely rubbish location, I didn't even bother looking this year, because it was so busy there all the time and felt really warm.

The artist alley was a good idea, but the Brabant-zaal is just not suitable for it. Seems the aircon wasn't working very well there (or was it completely absent?). Their aircon saved Abunai this year, it was scorching outside

I didn't like Abunai's program folder this year. Usually it has information on all the workshops, activities and anime being shown. Now it barely had anything informative at all (or was I looking at the wrong book?).
>>
>>10247505
Abunai, animecon, nishicon and others themselves fucked up a few times as well, it's human. just put some "we fucked up" penalties in the contract and you'll be fine.
>>
>>10248108

Brabantzaal has no aircon afaik.

Booklet only arrived 7:30 friday night, so it was a rush job. I wouldn't be suprised if they forgot to add all the info about workshops and such.
The Timetable only tells you when and where stuff happens, not what stuff is about.
>>
>>10248124
Okay, no convention organization is perfect. Let me rephrase it: I do not like them and do not want to work with them anymore after they fucked up a few times and denied that it was their fault. If a convention says to me that they fucked up and want to do it differently next time, it makes a big difference. Because as you said: we talk about human beings making mistakes, totally normal. But when they fuck up and deny that they fucked up and put the blame to the other party, then...
>>
>>10248146
I think you mean Tomo. Not Gamerooms right?
>>
>>10248159
The people behind Gamerooms are not the same people as Tomo?
>>
>>10248164
Definitely not. Only the chairman. He's ok. But the bearded guy isn't ok. And he isn't part of gamerooms.
>>
>>10248209
Funny. It's the other way around for me: beard guy is ok (maybe not at his best when under pressure), but I don't trust chairman.
>>
>>10248108 #

Yeah I was really disappointed in the booklet. There wasn't any info on the events, workshops etc, which is the main reason for me to even pick up a booklet.
>>
>>10246907
I liked the fact I could bring my own drinks and food. They were full nazi on that aspect at Ahoy...
>>
>>10248146
This is so recognizable. I had the same experience
>>
>>10247640
Its a choice. I heard most of the time they choose for it ands it is there love for the convention mosly. But i know for a fact family and such suffers the most of it.
>>
Maybe I'm retarded but I cant find a time schedule for Strike a Pose. And where is their evening dinner? I don't have a ticket for that so I want to know if I can have dinner at the event location. Also can't find what time the event ends.
>>
>>10248209
>>10248221

Tomo chairman is a true piece of shit. Rude, impolite, doesn't care about trampling right over their visitors, dealers and their event holders. I'm amazed people still go there.
Beardguy is actually pretty cool. I'm still waiting for him to be completely fed up with chairman.
Gamerooms is just old Gamepit taken over by Brian and now under contract with Tomo because the guy for the opportunity to earn some cash.
>>
>>10248469
I still don't understand how people can be so ignorant to that chairman's behavior. Are you getting special treatment from him or don't you know him well enough? The bearded guy is an akward potato who tries to make the best out of a bad situation. He also gets shit from the chairman all the time whilst he may not be the one who fucked up.
The whole Tomo/gamerooms organisation is focussed around this chairman dude who feeds off the attention.
>>
>>10248474
I still don't get what the chairman's deal is.
At Japan Fest Amsterdam, which was just a bootleg Tomo event, he had his own food stand called oktopoffertje.nl (site doesn't even exist) and I heard he had done other food stands as well on events? Does he even know what he's doing? Is he licensed, does he have the right permits? Does he have a KVK registration for a food stand? Does he pay taxes or is it all illegal?
>>
>>10248528
The dude just tries to make money without delivering any quality and spending energy
>>
>>10248528
He is a catering teacher in prison. I dont know if he has a chamber of commerce number. But he also teaches in haccp. There is a pic on his facebook about it from quite some time ago. Cant find it now, but I will try to find it. That guy has an awful lot of pictures on his fb.

He isn't rude, he's just straight to the point. The beard guy is dumb, lies, doesn't know what he is doing and cant sent an email without 1 grammar mistake per line.
>>
>>10248591
He IS rude though and lies or just as bad as beardguy does. They’re both manipulative as hell. Speaking from personal experiences with them.
>>
>>10248528
how is starting up your own food company illegal? anyone is allowed to do that! i heard he did it mainly to get out of the line of fire and instead support the event from the sidelines.
>>
>>10248460
Last year they announced the schedule really short before the event. Like less that a week prior. The location of the dinner wasn’t announced, but I assume it will be at the venue again judging the messages they posted.
>>
Party at viencon 756.
>>
>>10248866
Oh shit. Nayrt but I want to know what time that dinner is ending. My friend is going and I have to amuse myself until she's done.
>>
>>10249004
They never gave an estimated ending of the dinner last time. It just ended once everyone was done or when you wanted to go home already. So that is going to be tricky. I think it’s the best if the two if you just make a deal like that she will text you once she has finished dessert/wants to go. You might have to wait quite awhile, I hope you can find something to do around the venue.
>>
>>10249259
I can go to the cinema but then she might have to wait
>>
so how's the dortse matsuri?
>>
>>10249485
It felt kinda empty, but it was easy to walk around at the venue. I guess people were in several locations and so it wasn't clear to find out how many people were attending the event. To be honest, this time I walked around in 30 minutes and saw everything. But I think this venue is very interesting to get bigger.
>>
>>10249485
The organizer/event has a lot of potential, for a first time it was fine but the schedule was fucked (DJ from 12:00 to 14:00 for example). Next to that it needed a map as it was unclear where anything could be found, most stuff was on the second or third floor and rather unfindable.
>>
>>10249259
>>10249259
What I want to know is who got picked to model/for what brand. It's getting quite close to the event so I wish we had more information in general desu.
>>
ACC truly is dead. Not sure if it ever truly was alive, but it was so empty this year.
>>
So, who's gonna skip Abunai for viencon next year? I sure as hell won't.
>>
>>10249928
Nope. Abunai it is for me as well. Looking at the majority of the comments, people are choosing Abunai over Viencon.
>>
>>10249928

Nope, dropping Viencon to go to Abunai
>>
>>10247320
>The opening video was long and boring

I liked the butt though.
>>
Since I could not be at Viencon this year, due my own event. I think I will choose to assist Viencon, over Abunai. I did make a promise after all....
>>
>>10249928
Wait, they're running on the same weekend? That's suicide, only foreigners will go.
>>
>>10250180
Just waking up, say too early. The sentiment here among locals is that I feel most choose Viencon over Abunai. I would estimate a 70-30 ratio.
I heard that a little over a half are foreigners anyway and I can believe that.
Most likely Viencon will grow and at least next year Abunai will not really notice.

For me, I will choose Viencon over Abunai. These day, I go to Abunai more out of habit than really enjoying it that much. Viencon feels different and a lot more relaxing. And with 2 Animecons, my 3 weekends of events at home remains.
>>
>>10250191
Nah, it's suicide. Viencon finally managed to build up an OK reputation (especially considering since launch) and this is just the dumbest mistake they could've made since then again.
>>
>>10250218
Because of course you have the knowledge of how the sentiment is by not being there.
But I understand that you want to trash talk Viencon. That's your right, even though what you say seems to be far from the truth. I doubt it will matter much, and it all shows to me that Abunai is more afraid of Viencon than vice versa.

Ah well, on my way home, had a blast of a weekend and that is what counts.
>>
>>10250180
>only foreigners will go
I already heard from a few of my friends that they will go to Viencon instead of Abunai. But I will go to Abunai. I do think they can exist next to each other.
>>
Saw that Abunai made a statement on Facebook regarding Viencon?

"Good evening everyone! We'd like to make a small statement regarding Abunai! and Viencon. Viencon recently celebrated their succesful 2019 edition and during their ending ceremony they announced their next convention date, which happens to overlap with Abunai!'s 2020 date.

Since moving to NH Koningshof in 2009, Abunai! has always taken place in the last full weekend of August. As such, we've decided the date for our 2020 edition months before the official announcement during our closing ceremony at Abunai! 2019.

We understand that the community is torn by this, but we're 100% sure that whichever event you plan to attend will be a good one. From the Abunai! Foundation to the organisation of Viencon: all the best with your preparations for 2020!"
>>
>>10250191
Problem is that what i heard gamescon is also in that weekend so this is very tricky if there main vistors are foreigners
>>
>>10250237
Kind of a useless statement. As long as you don't secure the date, nothing is certain. You can't expect other events to hold off on something unverified.

That is why they have anigenda. But if one decides that they don't need to communicate, you get this.

And even so, it boils down to costs as well. Might have been unavoidable from the start.
>>
>>10250238
I don't know. It still doesn't feel like a threat to me. Gamescom has less overlap in type of attendees.
Most of the foreigners were groups of friends and or families looking for a more relaxed time than a gamesevent. As type of event I think they are on the other side of the spectrum. A more mature, less sugar rush type of attendee looking to hang out with friends they can't interact with at "regular" conventions.

Ah well, we will see. I think they will all do well. And there are more than enough events in the year to choose from. Definitely will go to Animecon classic. They seem to have an interesting concept going on there and I have good memories there.
>>
>>10250239
Date has been secured many months ago, after all, Abunai has a contract with NK koningshof.

Try booking a room for that weekend. It was already impossible months ago.
>>
Most people I’ve spoken to at Viencon said they would go again next year. The people that are choosing abunai over viencon are generally people that havent been to Viencon yet.
>>
>>10250230
I don't know why you feel the need to make assumptions like that though? Who said I didn't went lol. But sure, go ahead and keep thinking I ''just want to talk trash.'' because that's definetely not what I'm going for. I'm a different anon than >>10250180 btw
>>
>>10250230
People like you that are being all defensive acting like Viencon is the best shit ever makes me want to go even less. I don't get why people feel the need to be so incredibly whiteknightey? Why is it such a huge problem if people prefer Abunai over Vien, even IF they went to Vien before?
>>
I heard some rumors about Nendoaddicts getting banned from Abunai.
Can anyone tell me what happened? I know that it can't be because of bootlegs.
>>
I think Abunai is at a stalemate at the moment. Animecon is trying new things, which is sometimes risky and sometimes won't turn out to be the best decision, however they are growing and doing their very best to keep improving. I don't agree with all their changes, but at least they are trying to grow and improve as much as they can. I would like to see Animecon move back to the spring-season, like May or April maybe. But that is a personal preference.

Now let's look at Abunai, the costs are increasing, and not the tickets, but everything else too. There are way to many huge international dealers there, to the number of spending power the people have in general, and often it is planned at a time that is financially quite difficult for most people. Ofcourse they immediately sign up for the hotel and tickets, but the actual travel, food, drinks etc. It's all piling up. Which is bad for business, considering the huge costs, long hours, and everything that needs to be taken care of at Abu.

Consider that mostly students visit Abunai, it would be very wise to go back to the old formula, and move the event to either september, or even further away from Animecon, and outside the holiday season like the old days. That was actually very convenient, and the hotel would probably like to have the rooms fully booked at this relatively quiet area which means you get the upper hand at negotiating with the hotelroom fees. Also All the students can travel almost for free, and have a lot more spending power, further tackling the complaints about expenses and such. When people have more to spend, they won't complain much about the costs.
>>
>>10250275
Believe me, it wasn't the best thing. Never said that so don't place words in my mouth. But when people who appear to have no clue what actually is the lay of the land claim they are committing suicide, it is not white-knighting, it is just engaging in the discussion.

There is plenty of room for both in the same weekend. And I doubt many would even notice. Just no need to be hostile to one event if you have a stake in another.
>>
I've been to both Abunai as Viencon this year. It's sad to see they both are on the same day, but for me Viencon is the absolute winner and will go there next year.

This weekend was so relaxed. Great photoshoot locations, the cosplay swimming pool and shoots were awesome, the barbeques everywhere. I don't have that same experience with Abunai, and this year i didn't ebjoy my self at Abunai.

And for me, Deshima is still the better partymakers, which is a bonus. Hope they will come again. Maybe with Sebby combo?
>>
>>10250254
Or people who don't like water parks/swimming. I haven't been to viencon but that seems to be a big part of it so eh.
>>
>>10250352
so what other cons is he getting booted from?
>>
>>10250367
No idea, I wasn't the one who reported his behavior to con staff and I generally wouldn't unless someone physically tried to do something to me, which he never did. He might've to someone else, though, but I can't confirm it. As far as I've experienced he's just desperate for a cosplay gf but suffers from permavirgin communication skills.
>>
>>10250352
guy was indeed getting freaky on many girls's feed. that's one thing, but to get banned? has to be more to this story.
>>
Who /daverodgers/ here
>>
Anyone here going/been to the Japanese garden cosplay event in Hasselt, Belgium? It looks so small, but the location looks pretty for pictures so I'm thinking of going to have a shoot in one of the tea-houses there
>>
>>10250180
Im going to make a guess that less than 30% of dutch visitors at Viencon from NL wont go back. But you clearly underestimate the amount of foreigners. They make up more than half this year. And guess what some people will choose Viencon instead of abunai too. Abunai and Viencon wont feel much loss. Its going to be fine.
>>
Banning someone for being pervy goes a bit far indeed.

There are creeps walking there all the time and I wonder when they will get banned. If it’s this bad, let the police figure this out.

A screenshot from years ago isn’t that impressive. It does sound creepy, but way over the top to get banned over. Boi if everyone knew your entire record of online activity, probably lots of people would be banned or embarrassed to say the least.

Let’s hope it was just talk, and no act. But if there has been severe violations or harassments, it needs to be found.
>>
File: IMG-20190902-WA0018.jpg (803 KB, 4032x2268)
803 KB
803 KB JPG
To whichever anon posted here about tonight's Dave Rodgers event last week: Thank you so much, it was a fucking blast. Maybe we talked or maybe we didn't, but I sure had a hell of a time
>>
>>10248146
They fucked up ?
Fucked up what exactly ?
So far I heard, they delivered the stuff always on time, so I wonder what exactly they did fuck up. If they didn't deliver on time, then it sounds like a breach of contract, but as far as I am aware, they have always kept with their contract, unless something happened that people are unaware of ?
>>
>>10248469
>Tomo chairman is a true piece of shit. Rude, impolite, doesn't care about trampling right over their visitors, dealers and their event holders. I'm amazed people still go there.
When I hear people talk to the Chairman, it's the other way around most of the time. When people get a no, they go and make a whole issue out of nothing, and he is more strict then people expect him to be, since he actually knows what is okay and what isn't. It's the people who rambling to him in a rude manner. If you dislike his attitude, then well, that's sad to hear, but 99% of the time he has a point.

>Beardguy is actually pretty cool. I'm still waiting for him to be completely fed up with chairman.
You do know, that Beardguy has no knowledge how to deal with idiots, right ? Hence, why he mostly forward people to the chairman, as he is always trampled over by people who force him to allow things. That is rude too.

>Gamerooms is just old Gamepit taken over by Brian and now under contract with Tomo because the guy for the opportunity to earn some cash.
Or you mad bro ?
>>
>>10248528
>Does he have a KVK registration for a food stand? Does he pay taxes or is it all illegal?
Or are you just mad that he actually get things off the ground ?
>>
>>10248607
Or it's just you that need to learn that some people don't dance around everybody, saying YES to every retarded question... ?
>>
>>10250788
Oh, hi Mark.
>>
>>10250604
Lmao this guy is a legit pedophile and harassed my friends who are minors but sure
>>
>>10250792
LOL, just because I'm talking about Mark, doesn't mean I'm Mark. But nice quote from that shit movie btw.
>>
>>10250792
P.S.: The chairman won't even respond or comment here, cause he has better things to do.
>>
Sometimes I read these threads and think to myself, like, do cons hire people to whiteknight or something?
>>
>>10250805
probably con reps themselves
>>
>>10250768
I'm not the girl that got mentioned but he did send me (and a lot of my friends) a lot of inappropiate messages as well. I'm kind of glad because it was getting uncomfortable.
>>
>>10250797
That sounds totally like a third person would say.

Hey, nothing wrong with defending yourself. Just not the wisest thing to on 4chan.
>>
>>10250805
Sometimes, you people have no idea what you're talking about, hence why people try to clearify what the real deal is. But sadly, as you are the clear example, people will stay naive.
No harm there, but it just shows what kind of person or persons you all are, just bashing away on any little thing. So when #metoo ?
>>
>>10250807
You really think anybody from a convention might be on this 4chan ?
Pretty sure they are, but most of the main people of the conventions stay away from this kind of cesspool boards, cause they will just get triggered and trolled by you all.
>>
>>10250813
I'm not going to name any names but I know some people from cons come here to get genuine feedback.
4chan is anonymous making people more likely to spout negative and useful criticism.
>>
>>10250814
>4chan is anonymous making people more likely to spout negative and useful criticism.
True, but also negative and not useful criticism, just people spewing nonsense, or trying to troll others into believing certain things.
But I do agree with you, a lot of the comments I've read are really interesting, and some discussions (like the whole bootleg thing) was really interesting.
>>
>>10250812
Lol thanks. No idea what point you're trying to make though
>>
>>10250818
>No idea what point you're trying to make though
You mean "let's pretend I don't know what he means, so we can continue on trolling"?
>>
>>10250604
This. He got banned because there was just a lot of screenshot evidence against him, even though it might not have gone further than harassing a lot of girls online. Meanwhile, much more deranged figures walk around cons freely because there's no direct evidence that could get them banned easily. Someone who beats his (ex?)-girlfriend and tried to rape me in a toilet stall is still allowed at every con because, obviously, no direct evidence.

Shortly said, Nendo guy just really screwed up by hitting onto so many girls in an environment where they were able to all team up against him with the amount of screenshot material, which in turn got him what was coming to him.
>>
>>10250827
>and tried to rape me in a toilet stall is still allowed
Okay now this sounds disturbing.
Evidence or not, you should always report this sort of things to a steward at the convention.
Although, evidence is needed for the steward to confirm the suspicions, it's rather hard to kick someone out, when anybody could say anything, just because they want to back-stab their boyfriend, or girlfriend (yes, even man can be raped by girls... awkward yes).
>>
>>10250830
You're right, I -should- report this to staff, but then again, anyone could indeed say anything, so I'm kind of at a loss. Besides, the attempt didn't happen -at- a convention, so I don't really know what convention staff could do with it (then again, Nendo guy harassing girls also didn't happen at a convention per say so..?). Since I escaped in time, there's also no sperm traces or anything. So eh, fuck my life. All I can do is to avoid said person at cons and bite down.
>>
>>10250832
You could always warn the staff/steward(s) about a person that he might be up to no good.
If after the person has been determined not be a problem, they will stop investigating into the guy, obvious reasons.
Even though, you should (if there is any staff/steward around) report it either way or another.
It's just a suspicion the guy will get, and if he makes a mistake, it will be taken care of.
Never be afraid to open up about the issue, stewards and staff are suppose to be there for you, and not against you.
>>
>>10250832
The nendo guy did ask me inappropriate stuff during Abunai though. I bet if he did it to me, he done it to others as well
>>
>>10250832
The harassment might not have happened at a convention, but it's definitely a place with lots of minors and scarcely dressed teens. Mind you, not saying they shouldn't dress like that.

Besides that, I think he usually targets girls at conventions, asking for their social media info and harassing them online after the con is over. So to ban him from it seems pretty logical to mee.
>>
I think sharing this drama on any social media is a good idea. As i think it can give problems in the future . But maybe it is just me( dont get me wrong harrasing (underaged )girls is someting that should not be tollerated)
>>
>>10250845
Not a good idea.
>>
>>10250845
you kinda risk vigilante justice with that.
you have to keep in mind that a lot of weebs have poor impulse control or might white knight.
>>
>>10250847
>you kinda risk vigilante justice with that.
>you have to keep in mind that a lot of weebs have poor impulse control or might white knight.
>>10250847
It could backfire upon you, slander is for example a thing that you have to keep in mind, never mention the idea that you decide to take matters in your own hands and resort to physical violence, then it is you who will get booted from the convention. And if a court case would rol out of it, then you are really f*cked!
>>
>>10250813
Well I am :^)
con organizers are just normal weebs, some browse 4chan, some don't. It's just funny to see people talking about events and happenings and a good way to sample the community.
>>
ALWAYS report if you have good reasons why someone might be up to no good. Even if nothing has happened, and the person is not banned, stewards can keep an extra eye on the person, and on you.
This extra care happens all the time, so no need to hold back.
>>
>>10250797
imagine being up someone's ass so much!
don't worry, i'm sure the Honorable Chairman is fine even when you don't defend him from internet baddies online
>>
>>10251070
Expected something else? I mean without a bunch of asslickers crawling behind the charmain Tomo would have collapsed long ago.
>>
>>10250935
Good to know. Thanks!
>>
>>10250867
Very true. What's happening now is libel (smaadschrift). Not slander, slander is when you lie about something. Still, both are illegal.
Going to con staff or police: good idea.
Going public: bad idea.
>>
>>10251241
Agreed, things have to go the legal way, Taking things to social media is just in my opinion to get attention and get this whole thing explode bigger then it is. if they really cared take it too the cops and Abunai.
>>
>>10251253
Is this still about the nendoroid guy? I didn't saw anything about it on social media to be honest.. I thought they only e-mailed Abunai about the guy or am I missing something?
>>
>>10251254
It seems it was taken to Instagram and Facebook as well by a few people/pages.
>>
>>10251256
>>10251254
yah,its getting worse and worse desu. some random person made a website about him. to smirk him even more. IDK who did that but who ever c'mon people.
Abunai didn't really take this the right way with HR,they had diffrent plans but that didn't go exactly as planned...
>>
>>10251256
>>10251258
For real? Damn... That's seriously too much. What the hell? Imagine being so shitty you go all the way to make a whole website...
>>
>>10251258
I really wonder which site that is now.
>>
>>10251279
Out of respect for him i won't share it,all i can say is that the site is basicly purely to put his face and his company down the mud (even more)....
>>
>>10251287
He had it coming for him though. I'm sorry but zero respect for someone who thinks making comments like this to girls ''for fun'' is a good idea.
>>
>>10251293
So instead of taking it too the police and the right authorities,lets just make him completely black over the internet? that's not right too yk. i'm not happy about what he did either,but take it too the cops and abunai. they didn't even file a formal complaint,all they did was smere his name.. great justice that is. what they are doing now is pure doxing
>>
>>10251296
He still had it coming for him. I'm not saying what they're doing is the best choice, but I'm honestly not surprised and it was coming for him. Now he's gotta pay for it.
>>
>>10251311
The way he is paying is wrong. he deserves to be punished but not like this.
>>
>>10249928
I am and so are many of my friends.
>>
>>10251296
please stop talking if you have no idea what you are talking about

1) who says they haven't done both, reporting AND warning the community?
2) people can not always go to the police due to multiple emotional reasons forming after trauma, this sucks but is the way it is with abuse
3) even then, while the justicial process is being served, it is good to warn the community about him so he can do no harm in the meantime
4) there's no doxing as he never hid his identity
5) abunai and other cons have in fact been informed about him

>>10251272
imagine being so shitty that you ask twelve-year olds if they masturbate and how it feels
>>
>>10251338
also you're more than free to alert the police yourself, you do not need to be one of the victims to do this
>>10251241
it's not smaadschrift if you can reasonable assert it serves the common good, like not more minors being abused. but nobody here's a lawyer, so this is a useless discussion
>>
>>10251321
I will go to Abunai, but I have heard a couple of my friends choosing for Viencon. I think both events will do fine next year.
>>
Animecon and Abunai have received serious reports on this harassment.?

How about NO

As long as there is nothing. Nothing will be taken seriously. Animecon knows nothing btw. Anyone from Abu? I will ask around and let 4chan know. Far as I know, this isnt legit info yet.

Not saying someone is lying but report this shit or noone will be able to help. You can complain here but it wont help.

If no report comes in, im sorry, but your not gonna get enough support through these channels.

Now I suggest everyone else stay out of this.
>>
>>10249928
I hate being forced to pick between the two.
I think I'll skip Viencon next year and go to Abunai.
I don't hate Viencon I just prefer Abunai over it.
I really don't get why they coincide next year.
>>
>>10251474
>Announcing you will leak confidential information when or if you get it
>>
>>10251474
Abunai has received the report and has subsequently informed Anigenda. don't talk out of your ass.
>>
>>10251526
Dafuq does anigenda have to do with info like that?
>>
>>10251567
Anigenda is the group where most cons are part of and trying to prevents con on the same date. ( the tomo nishi drama was well discussed in that group as far as i heard)
>>
>>10251633
And at the meetings of anigenda they also discuss those kind of things.make everyone aware
>>
>>10251638
>And at the meetings of anigenda they also discuss those kind of things.make everyone aware
Except they don´t. Because if it was then Anigenda and every organisation that uses that information puts itself into a precarious situation. So even if they use this information they surely won´t tell anyone, and it is not a subject for a discussion at Anigenda.
>>
>>10251701
These type of topics have been discussed, including an extensive investigation about what can be shared and what cannot be shared. The conventions in Anigenda will most likely receive the information as needed.

Then it is up to the different conventions to see what each of them can and will do about it. I am sure they will take the right measures.
>>
>>10251772
It might be better to make contact with steward teams of each big event. Many staff does not want to get involved with these things. So dont take this stuff to anigenda either. Inform the stewards. They are the direct contact with security. Anigenda should not interfere with this. It sounds weird to do that.
>>
So who is going to Elfia? I've never been there so I have no idea what to expect.
>>
File: end of aniway.jpg (1024 KB, 2616x2626)
1024 KB
1024 KB JPG
Now aniway.nl is also dead.
The forum wasn't that much alive recently but functioned as an archive for the earliest conventions.
>>
>>10251633
is it really a problem that some cons are on the same date?
because if 2 conventions are at the same date, the discussion in the community changes from "are you going to X?" (are you going at all) to "are you going to X or Y?" which is a choice between the 2, and the 3rd option (stay at home) drops to the background. this could result in both events having more visitors together than they would have on their own without a competing event on the same date.
>>
>>10253727
No, it is not a problem.
>>
>>10253727
That's a tomo argument. Hello tomofag.

Also, the answer is yes. There will always be an overlap in potential visitors, but also in dealers and people organising lectures workshops and other events.
>>
>>10253129
Archive: https://xslicer.nl/aniwaybackup/

Staff claimed an archive couldn't be made, but then someone (also staff?) did just that. Weird.
>>
>>10253753
The demographic overlaps, but the events don't. Most events at con x are organised by a different group than at con y. I really think you will barely notice it. Except if you have friends who go to x which you'll not be able to hang out with when you're at y.
Also, Abunaicon is an event with thousands of attendees, whilst Viencon has a thousand and growing, but a lot of foreigners visit. I think both will still have enough visitors.
Except ACC, but we do not talk about ACC
>>
>>10253804
>The demographic overlaps, but the events don't. Most events at con x are organised by a different group than at con y. I really think you will barely notice it. Except if you have friends who go to x which you'll not be able to hang out with when you're at y. Also, Abunaicon is an event with thousands of attendees, whilst Viencon has a thousand and growing, but a lot of foreigners visit. I think both will still have enough visitors.Except ACC, but we do not talk about ACC

Except when cons specifically want to go head to head like AX and AM2.
>>
>>10253727
There are 52 weekends in a year, there aren't 52 cons a year. Not all cons are similar, Viencon and Abunai are way different experiences, that I both enjoy. Making me have to choose is just annoying when I want to go to both, like I did this year.
>>
>>10254402
That is understandable.
>>
>>10254402
52 is a bit short-sighted as at least 10 weekends are unsuited due to holiday season.
>>
>>10253788
Not that weird. Sometimes people say things without discussing the possiblities with others first.

"Oh yea no we can't do that"
*two days later when Klaasje comes back from holiday* "oh no I know how to do that"
>>
>>10253753
>>10254402

so you're implying you want to attend both tomo and another event? sounds interresting...
>>
>>10251701
is this the return of dealer-chan
>>
>>10254951
no it's even worse!
>>
>>10251638
Just drop it. Anigenda has nothing to do with this. Alert the stewards and report it to the police. All other options are useless. Im not going to repeat this anymore.
>>
>>10254951
>is this the return of dealer-chan
Nope, the use of any blacklist of offenders is strictly prohibited in the Netherlands unless that list has been approved by ´Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens´. Anigenda is not going to burn its fingers on that one.
>>
>>10255196
True but Anigenda can address the situation in general, without any namecalling. Just a simple "what to do in case of..."
>>
Is there a reason why there isn't a Halloween themed cosplay event in the Netherlands? I bet that would be real fun!
>>
>>10256126
Who would organise it? There are Halloween lolita meets but they have a comm and often do things together
>>
>tfw didn't get picked to model for Angelic Pretty even though I fit their requirements

feels bad man
>>
>>10256132
didn't DCC try to host something like that a few years back? I remember a fb page of the event but can't recall what it was called.
Though it was cancelled for unknown reasons.
>>
>>10256138
time to step up your game then
>>
>>10256164
Bats and bones or something like that?
>>
>>10254402
Well if abunai did not suddenly pull a dick move you would not have to chose
>>
>>10254402
It is really one of the many first world problems, right?
>>
>>10256164
Ask Tomo....
>>
>>10256138
Maybe they had a lot of girls to choose from? Maybe you had a lot of competition..
>>
>>10256215
lol, abunai? the jokes are being spilled i see..
>>
File: image.png (22 KB, 360x294)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>10256215
As much as I hate having to choose myself, no one is pulling dick moves here anon. Abunai has been in the last full weekend of August for the past 9 years (pic related), Viencon in the last weekend of August for the past 2 years. Both conventions could had seen this coming and act on it but didn't. So if you really need to blame anything for this situation at least blame the lack of communication between the two.

Also isn't preventing double dates like these is one of the reasons why Anigenda exists? I guess Viencon hasn’t joined it judging by what another anon said which if so really isn't helping either.
>>
>>10256274
Isn't Anigenda for conventions organised by foundations? Is Viencon a foundation?
>>
>>10256284
>Isn't Anigenda for conventions organised by foundations? Is Viencon a foundation?
Yes, and new members are invited, and I am not sure if this invitation has been send, yet! It is not that you automatically become a member of Anigenda by organizing a extended cosplay meet, you need some miles on the clock so to speak.
>>
I still don't have a main-piece for Strike a Pose
>>
>>10250604
You're legit defending a pedo you neckbeard
>>
>tfw no dutch or flemish bf to attend cons with
How can I get the 4chan dutch dick fellas? I'm serious. Tips?
>>
>>10257217
Be up north because that's where I'm at.
>>
>>10257217
Just the tips? That's too bad, I know someone who would be more than happy to give you his full 22cm.
>>
>>10257235
I'm in anon
Are you?
>>
File: angryfish.jpg (34 KB, 640x360)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I have 2 cool costume ideas for Halloween, but halloween is barely a thing in the Netherlands.
I cant be the only one having this problem
>>
>>10257704
Yeah, it sucks that it's barely a thing here.
I'm especially salty cause I'm in carnaval brabant ffs, we love a good dress up party.
>>
>>10257704
I feel ya. The parties that are around here are either full of edgy kids (like the attitude holland ones) or are like carnaval and have shit music.
>>
>>10257722
I don't mind. There's already enough American influence here.
>>
Miku Expo dates and venues have been announced and there will be one in the Ziggo Dome on the 24th of January!
>>
File: t07460.jpg (102 KB, 800x550)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>10258589
Great!
Anyone else who wants to go?
>>
>>10257531
You'd feel it if he was.
>>
>>10258589
€55 for a ticket, I'll pass en swing my leek around elsewhere.
>>
>>10260821
For real though €55,- for a first rang seat is real cheap for a concert/show. I'm definitely going.
>>
Anyone going to Tomofair in Nijmegen?
>>
>>10261546
No.
>>
>>10257222
>>10257235
Hope you realised you're talking with a gay dude
>>
>>10257704
There are some clubs and metal bars that organise Halloween themed band nights, people usually dress up for that, and the lolita comm is doing a lunch that allows people in costume afaik.
>>
>>10261546
yes!
>>
>>10261546
Nah. Why support a stupid thing like that?
>>
How was Elfia Arcen?
>>
>>10262075
Way too crowded. I got really exhausted, multiple bands playing music at the same time, way too many people in way too narrow paths etc.

I got a bit bored with the stands too, always the same ones on Elfia, El mundo and Castlefest.
>>
>>10262072
Stupid thing ?
Could say the same about Abunai and Animecon, same old things there. The only thing I would say they are good in, is that they invite every year new artists to play there, but that's expensive as hell (see the tickets of entrance), compared to a Tomofair that's like what, 5 or 6 euro ? Enuf said.
>>
>>10262503
Okay wk, we get it.
>>
>>10262503
Well, Tomocon did had some Japanese musicians (not talking about the 'house band'), but that stopped? They have a good stage for performances in Oss.
>>
Is there a bring and buy at Strike a Pose?
>>
>>10262525
Yes they do, that Dutch Jrock band if I remember.
Not sure if they have it again, we will see I guess.
>>
>>10262981
>not talking about the 'house band'
>>
>>10262739
No
>>
>>10263489
That's a shame. I could swear we were promised one.
>>
Who will go to Holland Taiko Festival in The Hague tomorrow? Seems fun.
>>
Hi uh I need advice on where to make friends lmao
I'm in 2 discord servers already but I kinda prefer 1 on 1 because I often multi-task making me forget that I talk in servers so I don't notice when people reply to me so I end up not really talking at all
I also feel like people get closer 1 on 1 anyway
>>
Does anybody know what is the latest with that Dutch movie/series Rekindle??
>>
>>10264313
Go outside.
>>
>>10264535
No updates on social media since May, their stand at Animecon in June was empty and left unmanned most of the time, their IndieGogo campaign closed with 0 backers and their director hasn’t mentioned the project anywhere ever since. Yeah, it’s dead. I guess that means their claims towards Dutch makers about being picked up by a Netflix for a movie (then a series, then just a pilot, then planning to approach Netflix with a pilot) were nothing but empty lies?
>>
>>10264313
Get out there, meet people and be social. I know, that's easier said than done. Depending on your hobbies you could join a sports club, dojo, maker space, get some volunteer work in or join a convention as support or staff. All are decent ways to meet new people and hopefully some will be your kind of person.

Also if you like or want to get and know people from those Discord servers better, why not DM them? Try replying to a question they asked, sending a meme or article you think they’ll enjoy or just a simple “sup?” and keep the conversation going.
>>
>>10262075
Fantastic. Best edition so far. You have to be into party and crowd though.
>>
>>10264790
I hope people will believe the groups saying its a waste of time with that group. Its not that he starts it as a scam, that director really hopes to set up something nice. But he has 0 organizing skills. And ends up leaving with some form of money usually. This time he did spend money from his last failure. But he's probably running out of gass now. The projects failure is because of him mostly. Hes also a nasty pervert and some people keep finding that out. You cant trust the guy.
>>
>>10246927
"Some chose to be part of the dealer room, some wanted to be part of the artist alley."
No "chose" or "want". I'd just like to say that the Artist Alley was barely communicated during sign up in one line in a messy PDF. Most artists accidently picked the AA and most tried to switch to the dealer room right after signing up. So it wasn't really a voluntary choice.

That said, I personally surprisingly enjoyed the artist alley at Abunai and look forward to a bigger version at 2020, hopefully it will be less hot and more ventilated though...
>>
>>10268728

You should make this an official complaint since Abunai is actively telling people it was a voluntary choice.
>>
Where do Dutch weebs go at night? Everywhere I went in Europe there was something interesting, or at least a place to have a drink with other geeks. I found a bar inside an anime shop, a middle earth themed bar, a cocktail bar where you could play videogames, science fiction bar, post-apocalyptic bar, a gothic club with hentai painted on the wall, metal bars with free entrance everywhere. But nothing in Amsterdam. In Amsterdam I've only found normies, and shitty music even by normie standards.
>>
>>10271257
Amsterdam is literally normie central.
>>
>>10271265
You could say that about any touristic capital, or maybe Amsterdam is the normiest of all European cities?
>>
>>10271270
It's literally dude weed lmao: the city, a total normie magnet. Weebshit just isn't a thing people go there for, although you can find some pretty damn geeky places there if you look for them.
>>
>>10271272
I am looking for them by asking here. I found those bars I mentioned in Barcelona, Manchester, Prague, Paris, Antwerp and Liege. Those cities aren't known for weebshit either afaik? I'm pretty sure no cities in the West are known for that.. Anyway I'd say Barcelona is more touristic and has more weed than Amsterdam. It doesn't even have to be a bar, at this point I'd settle for a coffeeshop or restaurant.
>>
>>10271257
I'm going to see Miyavi Tuesday night

>>10271295
Liège is known for a versatile nightlife though. Sorry Idk anything in Amsterdam, it's far away for me.
>>
>>10271257
Cereal 'n Chill is pretty cool
>>
Anyone looking forward to FACTS?
>>
>>10272929
me, but only cause I never go with high expectations (actors don't mean anything to me) and just have fun with friends
>>
>>10272929
I'll be going like every edition, but lately I've been a bit bummed out on cons desu. It's always nice to visit the artist alley/creator zone, but the dealer hall gets less and less interesting every time.
>>
Anyone here going to MCM London even?
>>
>>10273880
I'm going for the first time, all weekend. I'm quite excited! Hope i get my Big Cosplay finished in time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.