[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

The weekend is finished, what’s the lowdown on the event?

I thought this may have been their last event after TPC closed down and there was almost a year and a half gap, but it seems they’re doing one next year too. There were pros and cons but I am glad I picked SFE over Paradiso desu
>>
>>10185603
>I thought this may have been their last event after TPC closed down and there was almost a year and a half gap, but it seems they’re doing one next year too. There were pros and cons but I am glad I picked SFE over Paradiso desu

So what are the pros and cons? Seriously considering going next year. Sell me, anon.
>>
>>10185613
Lets be honest, if you’re not a friend of the organizers, you won’t get a ticket.
Also I heard it was hot as balls (28C+ and no air conditioning) so screw SFE for having events in summer
>>
>>10185627

Simmer down, I'd like to actually hear from one of the attendees.
>>
How much were tickets?
How much did everyone spend to get there? I only saw eurolitas and well off US Lolitas there.
>>
>>10185627
I did get a ticket and I’m a complete nobody who had no friends attending. It seems like most people went in bigger groups and the amount of people who are at least kinda famous was pretty high, but it wasn’t impossible to get a ticket to all events without knowing the organizers.
>>
>>10185627
Air con isn’t a thing in a lot of Europe especially in older cities. It was tough but manageable. The weather didn’t look like it would be this hot though.

There were a bunch of people there that weren’t friends with the organizers, not sure why you think this was the case. Of course the efamous ppl will get more visibility but there are tons of others. Looks like there was quite a few Americans but otherwise mostly other Europeans there.

>>10185613
The place changes so the pros of this year in terms of the place won’t help you. Next year is London which will be a way easier place logistically to go around in.
>>
>>10185871
That is such a relief to hear that it isn’t completely exclusive!! And I’m guessing you’re a North American too if Paradiso had been one of your choices?
>>
>>10185886
It isn't completely exclusive but they definitely made it very difficult to get a ticket if you hadn't been before or if you didn't know an organiser. There were some tickets leftover after the initial offerings to those people but they disappeared fast. If they do it this way again next year they should just be clear about how many tickets are available, it would save a LOT of salt. They were so reluctant to say how big the event was or how many spaces were left, but all anyone wanted was an idea of how big the event was going to be and they got pissy when people started asking questions.

Looking forward to seeing what they do next year, but I think SFE organisers needs to be changed up, or at least they should screen who can reply on their social media so ohtralala doesn't leave petty replies with emojis when people ask serious questions.
>>
>>10185886
No, I’m European. I think you’re confusing me with another anon?
By the way, I did not qualify for the pre-sale, so I I think there’s even a chance for first-timers to get tickets. Not saying that it’s easy, but it’s definitely doable!
>>
Rudesheim looked lovely but it was a nightmare otherwise, absolutely full of tourists, not at all the cosy, private, quiet village that SFE had claimed it would be.
>>
>>10185886
Ahh, sorry, I confused you with the OP. I thought I remember they had said ticket priorities would be limited to past attendees and Europeans, so you probably have at least have that one advantage over someone elsewhere in the world who doesn’t know anyone there. I almost thought I had a chance. But I’d still love to hear details about the event!
>>
>>10185927
I don’t think there was any advantage, since the second release of tickets was free for all?
They said they might do more smaller events and then some bigger events, so I think ticket availability will change from event to event. It’s all just speculating at this point though!
>>
>>10185927
This is why you shouldn’t take your info only from cgl. The first round was for certain ppl, then a general release, but still it was just for those for volunteered in the past or went to everything. There wasn’t a priority given to Europeans.

It’s old boring talk so let’s actually bring up the event. I think the event suffered from lack of information as to how to get to places as well as the issue of food. This place is an old person tourist town so everything closes early. Stores close at 5 and restaurants close their kitchen at 10. It is hard to party when you have no food besides this blessed kabob place that stayed open late.

That being said the area is beautiful and very picturesque. The choices of places were good beyond the trouble of getting there. The wine is cheap and there is a ton of places to buy and taste it. If you bothered to hike a bit there is a very feminist abbey that also sells wine
>>
I know for a fact that they offered tickets to friends first, weeks in advance
>>
>>10185919
>Rüdesheim
>the cosy, private, quiet village
Kek. The whole middle rhine area and its neighboring river valleys are already a huge tourist magnet, but Rüdesheim is probably one of the worst spots. People either go there to visit the romantic scenery or to get drunk. It's anything but quiet.
>>
>>10185919
I really struggled to get any tourist things done without being hassled on the street by people - I had a few hours before the tea party and I ended up just going and hiding somewhere because I couldn’t even look through the shops without being asked for pictures or given weird comments
>>
>>10185935
Could be getting mixed up with the past attendee/vendor/donator/whoever else presale.

I don't want to believe they'd sell to friends first, but they did act so strange in the lead-up to the ticket release.
>>
>>10185939
Same, it was awful. Once we were in a restaurant or cafe sitting down it was fine, people seemed to leave us alone, but we were hounded even when we wore more toned-down stuff. I've had much better experiences in busy cities. I know it's hard to plan around rude tourists but I hope they pick somewhere better next year or at least not lie and paint the town as some magical, quaint little hideaway.
>>
>>10185935
Proof or gtfo.

Glad to see salt levels are surprisingly low otherwise in this thread. Turns out it’s not hard to offer concrit without shit slinging.

What did people think of the fashion shows? I think the indie show was incredible and far surpassed the grand show.
>>
I looked through cof but couldn’t really find any coords.
Does anybody have pictures of the event/coords to share? What were your favorite coords? Any trends this year?
>>
>>10185937
It is better on a weekday for sure, I didn’t get harassed much but I saw a ton of tourists. I found that I did most of my tourism on the Friday/Monday and it was far better than trying to squeeze in stuff in between the event.

>>10185942
Indie show was way better, I think they tried more? Brand stuff was all older things, the only cool part was Haenuli’s wedding dress. Indie was longer and more varied.
>>
>>10185937
There was some sort of national holiday on the Thursday which is why I think it was so busy even for a week day. I chose that day to take a river cruise to escape the crowds and it was great. Friday was a good day for hiking as it wasn’t too hot and there weren’t too many people on the trails.

The tourists staring through the windows of the tea party were SO rude but that was the only bad experience I had with them apart from the usual thing of having pictures taken without permission (which happens in any city).
>>
>>10185945
>trends
Everyone and their dog wore armor. People were saying it was because there was a castle involved and Marie Tuonetar was there but most of them had a lot more on than Marie. It looked really good actually but I wanted to see more German or fairytale inspired coords. Knights feel more French and British
>>
>>10185958
Ooh that sounds interesting! I hope people start posting coords soon.
>>
>>10185945
Oldfags don't post on CoF. We don't want noobs nitpicking us, most of us know when our outfits break rules because we are doing it on purpose and we have developed our preferred aesthetics over time. Also when we post vendetta-chans from 10 years ago restart ancient drama or talk about how mean and bitchy we are, even though they're basing everything on our late teens and early twenties and most of us have changed a lot. Try IG instead.
>>
>>10185962
This is 100% it. I don't post on cof for this reason, the shit people get picked up on is ridiculous. There are loads of coords on Instagram.
>>
>>10185942
Agreed with >>10185946, the Indie show was way more creative and the models looked more relaxed and happy. There were so many beautiful pieces. I overspent so badly lol
>>
>>10185955
>There was some sort of national holiday on the Thursday

That was Ascension Day (Christian Holiday) and German Father's Day. They always share the same date and due to the latter, you will see a lot of mostly male groups going out for drinking and grilling on said day, but it's also generally used as an extended weekend hence lots of people going on a short vacation.
>>
>>10185964
You could definitely tell the difference between the girl who modelled the wedding dress between the two shows. I liked the jacket she had with the second dress.
>>
>>10185603
I loved the event. The street harassment was constant but the town was very pretty with so many locations to take photos. Wine was so good and cheap too. The pre-meet the day before was excellent, the highlight was the wine tasting but it was all very well done.

Two of my friends who modeled were disappointed when they saw that sfe had provided a lunch and did a group picture without most of the models. One of them did both shows and missed every single panel. I would have been very angry in her shoes.

The tea party was the best part, everyone mingled and the cream cakes were excellent.

The walk to the castle was an ordeal. Everyone was in good spirits but there was a road right there. Transport should have been arranged so people could come in fancier coords and taken better pics. Too little time in the castle too, it was so beautiful had a good breeze. We could have spent all day there.

Despite all this my friends and I had a good time and think the organizers did a good job. Everyone was in a happy mood despite the heat and it was very nice to see old friends again.
>>
>>10185968
There was food? Aw man, I’m so sad I missed that :(
>>
>>10185603
They’re not really going to repeat this format again by the sounds of things, they will be focusing on smaller events and different types. So the next one is a pop up exhibition in London, and they’re doing a mook.

That sounds great and I am excited. I will be really sad if we don’t get the shopping experience these events offer somewhere else though, I love being able to see products in person before buying.
>>
>>10185968
>Two of my friends who modeled were disappointed when they saw that sfe had provided a lunch and did a group picture without most of the models. One of them did both shows and missed every single panel.

>The walk to the castle was an ordeal. Everyone was in good spirits but there was a road right there. Transport should have been arranged

This is not good organisation
>>
>>10185976
They "did a mook" about two years ago and nothing ever came of it, I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>10185981
I think if they’re not also organising large scale events at the same time it’s more likely to happen.
>>
>>10185896
I agree, I wish they were more clear about the tickets and weren't so secretive about things . SFE events are great and I think the events could even be greater when they step up their game.

There probably weren't more than 180 tickets staff, guests and vendors included. I don't think they have to mention the exact number next year. An indication would be enough. If they said there would be about 200 tickets, people wouldn't be so disappointed. Everyone expected a huge event, which it wasn't. Also their social media management needs to be improved. Good and professional communication is important.

I'm also wondering about next time. I'm surprised there will be a next event. People talk, SFE doesn't have the same reputation as a few years ago. Especially after Traümerei's ticket sales. Nearly every former country, which hosted an SFE event, has their own events now without help from SFE. Is that coincidence or is there another reason behind it? Does anyone know how it's like to be part of SFE as organisation?
>>
>>10185980
It's just two flubs inside an otherwise fantastic experience. Overall it was great, but there will always be one or two things to improve upon.
>>
>>10185968
>tea party was the best part

Idk I was struggling to survive since only half the place had shade. I didn’t care about cake I wanted a meal and got some snacks instead. It wasn’t filling food especially considering it was your only meal.

I wish we did the party in the castle restaurant and then explored.
>>
>>10185983
>Nearly every former country, which hosted an SFE event, has their own events now without help from SFE
This is less because of SFE itself and more because being in SFE was a learning experience for people so they can now put on their own events on their home turf. Like the Grand Embassy in Spain, I didn't go but I heard it was very much in the same style. This is a good thing, more events in more countries means that more people will be able to enjoy and indie brands are getting a lot of exposure.
>>
>>10185983
It’s hard. A small team working full time jobs alongside organising, while dealing with people being autists about everything, keeping out weirdos and creepers, and risking their own money. I wouldn’t want to do it and I am surprised every year that they carry on.
>>
>>10185991
It was advertised as a tea party, not a meal. My group had a light lunch beforehand because we expected snacks. The lack of shade outside was bad though, the restaurant should have provided more.
>party in the castle restaurant and then explored
This would have been better, I agree. I wonder if they tried to book it there originally and the castle restaurant declined or something. It just seems so obvious. Though they would have needed to book transport for sure, I could not have walked up that hill in my tea party heels.
>>
>>10185997
I am not sure about how you have your afternoon tea (which is what they called it) but I’m used to having enough food to be filled
>>
Imo the biggest issue was transportation. There was no Uber in the town, the mytaxi app advertised on the Träumerei travel Facebook didn't actually work and we never got a cab to show up with it, everything was either up a steep cobblestone hill or down a steep cobblestone hill, and there seemed to be one bus line in the town but no one could figure out when it ran. None of the public transportation for the town was on google maps so we had a really hard time trying to get around. The town was also super inaccessible for disabled people. It would have been good to know as there was one ouji in a wheelchair and their chair broke multiple times just getting around. There were no elevators anywhere either so everyone had to pitch in and carry the chair around. We tried to hail cabs multiple times but they would just drive past.

I'm also not sure why we had to walk up the crazy 90 degree angle dirty switchback path to the castle. When we got to the top there was a road right there and it looked like some lolitas had parked cars there. It would have been much better to have the shuttles pick us up and drop us off there. Instead we all had to scramble to get there using trains and walking for ~30 minutes then hiking up the trail. On the way back we all had to cling to the railing to keep from rolling down to the bottom. That time would have been better spent at the castle.
>>
>>10186013
That sounds awful, did the ouji friend get something sorted out and at least get to enjoy the weekend?
>>
>>10186015
No, their wheelchair had parts break off from the cobblestones and because the sidewalks had no ramps at all in the town. When we went to the castle they got stuck on some train tracks or something and were legit lying on the ground because the wheel of their wheelchair came off. A bunch of us almost missed the castle trip because we were trying to fix it.
>>
>>10186013
This. Even the Germans struggled with the public transportation and they could speak the language
>>
>>10186019
I’m surprised they didn’t get accommodations but I also wonder if they sought it? For sure there was lack of information about how much unstable ground there was in the area and the lack of paved roads. But I would have paid for a taxi if I was in a wheelchair for sure and for those who struggled getting a taxi the hotels seemed to get them ok.
>>
>>10186043
Unfortunately it sounds like taxis were quite hard to hail, another poster mentioned that empty taxis would ignore them, and the taxi hailing app just didn't work at all.
>>
>>10186043
We tried to get a cab while we were there waiting but couldn't get one arranged in time to make it to the train we had to catch. The wait times on cabs were around 20-30 minutes when I tried to have one show up and the trains only ran about once an hour or so. So we would have missed the whole castle visit.
>>
>>10185992
The Grand Embassy wasn't organised by anyone working on SFE before so not really related, but Hellocon events look really cool!
>>
>>10186054
Ah I knew they were inspired by Omnia Vanitas so I just assumed they had worked with SFE too. My mistake. Hellocon does look good though. I looked into going but this year it is somewhere too remote.
>>
>>10185613
>considering going next year.
You can't go if you didn't volunteer or attend this year
>>
>>10186071
There are zero details about what the next event will be, so this isn’t a fact. Why do people extrapolate so quickly?

Also, to reiterate: SFE said they are not going to be focusing on these large scale, same format events any more. The next things to come are an exhibition in London and a mook.
>>
>>10185929
Nobody I know was able to get a ticket, and I'm in a neighbouring country so all of my friends did try. Be prepared for a lot of salt in this thread.
>>
>>10185983
>>10185992
Those countries already had events before SFE, but their events grew bigger every year. The cities with the biggest events in Europe didn't host SFE events.
>>
>>10185993
>every year that they carry on
Almost everyone in the organisation quit way before this event though
>>
>>10186076
As I said, I do think it will be hard to get tickets, but it's just not true that it was only for past attendees or friends of the organizers. I attended Omnia Vanitas and that's it and I had to fight for a ticket during the general release. I got the crystal dream ticket (which allowed entrance to all events) without knowing anybody or having any kind of advantage. Still, I know that I was lucky and that most people didn't get tickets, but it wasn't impossible in the true sense of the word.

>>10185968
>The tea party was the best part
I have to disagree, but I guess it completely depends on if you went with friends and where you were seated. The sunny seats wear unusable! It was too damn hot, you couldn't really see or hear anything that was going on in the inner part (where all the official stuff happened) and it seriously felt like those places were so inferior to the rest, they shouldn't have cost the same. I know they can't do anything about the heat, but seeing the venue alone would have told you that the different areas were not up to the same standard.
I still enjoyed the event and I'm super grateful for all the trouble the organizers went through, but it didn't felt as regal and planned out as Omnia Vanitas. I think a lot of stuff was just unpredictable and I don't really blame the organizers, as I also thought the splitting up of the events into mulitple parts sounded really good on paper...but in the end the heat, the bad public transportation and the short timeframes of the individual events were hurting the overall experience.
>>
>>10186082
What other big events are worth attending in Europe? Personally I prefer the bigger events so my European friends can get tickets too. Not really sure what else is out there aside from SFE though.
>>
>>10186124
I can recommend Hellocon. I’m finnish myself so I have attended couple times. I also went to Omnia Vanitas and was disappointed because I expected more.
>>
>>10186124
Myths of Our Own was the most fun and chill event I've been to. I heard Grand Embassy in Spain was good too
>>
>>10186124
Modern Doll Festival, the ones the Netherlands girls are doing, the one in Belgium that BABY is coming to... There are so many at the moment, do a Facebook search sometime
>>
>>10186154
>the ones the Netherlands girls are doing
The yearly summertales tea-party? Isn't that very small?
>>
>>10186180
Spellbound last year was a proper event
>>
>>10186187
What activities were there and how many people?
>>
>>10186188
First day:
-Fashion show
-Interview with Triple Fortune
-Raffle
-Photos
-Dinner with TF (If you had a dinner ticket.)

Second day:
-Tea-Party
-Kabedon raffle

Both days you could buy items from Summer Tales and Triple Fortune. On the first day they served food and drinks as well, but a bunch of people barely got it because the waiters/waitresses weren’t that great and didn’t walk around a lot. Also most people weren’t bothered enough to pick it up at the bar.
The amount of tickets was really low and the venues small. I would say 50/30, but I am not sure. Strike a Pose has a few more tickets if I am right, but not that many tickets are left as the sale opened a few weeks ago. It is mostly Saturday tickets that remain.

>>10186154
Has BABY actually confirmed that they are coming? I feel like the organizers are
making announcements, so that people will buy tickets, but that they haven’t really made the arrangements yet. I would have wanted more info/guest confirmations, before I would drop such a high amount of money on a one-day event ticket. Like are their designers coming, or will they just be a vendor?
>>
>>10186363
But Strike a Pose doesn't have any good guests afaik
>>
>>10186363
The kabedon raffle was so awkward lol, nobody I was sitting with wanted to do it but it would be so uncomfortable to decline if you won. I hope next time they let people decide if they want to participate or not ahead of time. I had no idea that it was the main prize until the raffle had already started.

>>10186630
There’s Triple Fortune again, Lady Sloth and Violet Fane. It’s no AP or Moitie but I don’t think it’s too bad for a smallish event in its second year.
>>
>>10186679
Some winners were given their lot by others, who didn’t want to as well. You could also remain silent and pretend not to have the ticket as they would just draw a new number. They would have never noticed it, so I don’t really see the problem.
>>
>>10186701
Staying quiet and waiting for them to give up and try again was my plan if I were called but it would have been very awkward, especially if multiple people do it, plus I tend to turn bright red in embarrassing situations like that so someone would definitely notice. I’m mostly concerned with upsetting Kaie and Babi who were probably led to believe that everyone would be enthusiastic about a photo opportunity with them. Plenty of people obviously were, so why not let those people have all the kabedon raffle tickets and let the rest of us politely opt out in advance without having to make things awkward or risk offending the guests? Unwanted physical prizes are different because those can always be quietly given away later and don’t involve rejecting anyone to their face.
>>
>>10186708
A friend of mine won a kabedon at another event. What she did was grab another friend of ours and take her with her and tell them through the translator that she is very shy, so would it be ok if they just took a normal photo together and they did the kabedon with her friend instead? They said yes and took a cute photo and the other friend had the kabedon instead. I also know of someone who asked them to take a picture holding her hands at a distance and bowing on one knee because she didn't want a kabedon, and several people have declined due to being married. As long as you don't put it in a way that makes it seem like you find them disgusting, then there's no reason why they should be upset about it. They just want you to have fun after all.
>>
>>10186363
>Strike a Pose
Such a weird title. What's the theme? Conlita?
>>
>>10186941
High and Luxury Fashion
>>
>>10186964
>fashion-themed fashion event
>>
>>10186973
It’s funny if you consider that the comm is quite cheap.
>>
>>10186941
I mean Träumerei is such a weird title. What's the theme, being asleep?
>>
>>10188139
Someone’s salty.
>>
>>10188139
Most people seem to either wear their "dream" dress or just took it in a fantasy/fairytale direction
>>
>>10188151
Nah I really enjoyed Traumerei but I think Strike A Pose is a fine title for an event, it sounds fun and desu I don't know how conlitas would be related at all.

There are plenty of odd event names. Strike A Pose at least doesn't bottleneck people into any one thing?
>>
surprised nobody spoke yet of the atrocious teaparty food at traumerei. that was the saltiest food I ever had.
>>
>>10188195
Tell us more
>>
>>10188195
I was more amazed at how hot it was there. I know air conditioning isn't common in Europe but some people had to sit in direct sunlight, it must have been terrible.
>>
>>10188216
It was horrifying how badly equipped everyone was to deal with the heat. I'm surprised no one fainted. It's not the organizers' fault since the weather was a surprise but still it was horrible. No one had any hand fans or anything either.
>>
>>10188139
That's not a weird title at all. It literally means reverie or daydream. There is also a classical German song called Träumerei. Naming your event Strike a Pose makes it sound like a photoshoot, and the theme doesn't make sense because there are no luxury fashion brand, just handmade and triple fortune.
>>
>>10188202
there was no fancy teaparty food like macarons or scones, just german pies that were super sugary and heavy and for savoury food we got literal cheese sticks. plus with the heat everything melted in no time or was literally dried out.
>>
>>10188272
Many people had fans and hats.

>>10188284
The cakes were all light, I wish they were heavier actually. I think the idea was German food not tea party food but the heat really did make it harder. I made sure I sat inside
>>
>>10188272
Well, I didn't expect that we partly had to sit outside? My fan was of no help at all during these conditions to be honest.

>>10188288
I guess the cakes were fine but the savory snacks were really bad in my opinion and had nothing to do with german food. I didn't really expect there to be savory food though, so it wasn't a huge deal for me. Still, it didn't really feel like a tea party to me. The waiters were friendly in the beginning but started to get really annoyed by us and pretty much stopped serving us at some point (or maybe I was just out of luck). As soon as the event ended they started screaming at each other while still a lot of girls were just packing up or still sitting at their tables. I thought that was really uncomfortabgle and most of all unprofessional. Not the organizer's fault at all, but it really brought the mood down for me.
>>
>>10188288
Not everyone could sit inside though. There just wasn't space.
>>
>>10185603
Tbh the event was kind of awful from an organizational standpoint. While the town was cute there were a lot of issues.

They didn’t have all their information together in one place and people had to keep asking questions because there wasn’t a central place to pull information from and they only posted a schedule for Saturday.

It took place during a holiday weekend so there were tourists everywhere. Not everyone went home after ascension day.

The staff wasn’t very helpful and at times rude because they were probably stressed out.

The VIP goodie back was just a satin embroidered bag that snagged easily and was full of business cards with 1-2 mediocre accessories. Buffet was ew.

The food at the tea party was awful, dry lukewarm, almost melted cakes and burnt tea/coffee. They couldn’t even bother to give us ice water while we sat in the heat. The cheesy bread they gave us was hard and stale. It didn’t feel like a tea party just like some place that was serving us awful food and the service wasn’t great. The staff probably got fed up because there were Lolita’s standing everywhere taking photos while they tried to serve food. It did take them forever to serve the food so I think people were restless and got up/mingled.

Some of the raffle prizes were “here’s a crumpled poster” even the grand prize was just a green enchantilly dress...it was kind of disappointing???

The travel to the castle was not pleasant at all. Such a long travel to only be able to spend 30-40 minutes there seemed like a waste.

They suffered from serious organizational issues, even if you spoke the language it wasn’t easy to navigate around. I’ve been to other SFE events and they’ve never been this bad.

There were some highlights like meeting other people and some of the designers, some shopping but that isn’t enough to save it from how disorganized it was.
>>
>>10188386
I wonder if they'd ever be open to feedback? I get the impression that the organisers think everything went really well, which is clearly not the case.
>>
>>10188421
Nayrt but I hope they give us a chance to give official feedback. I feel like I have some valid criticism and suggestions but I feel like if I post them here, they just get written off as cgl rant.
>>
>>10188426
Me too, I feel like a lot of the criticism in the lead up to the event was dismissed as salties who didn't get tickets, but it turned out that most of the concerns were justified.

I'm not confident if they'll actually be open to feedback given how they treated people publicly on Facebook, I don't know if they know how to handle criticism at all.
>>
>>10188421
No, Alex & Kyra especially Alex will just whine about meanies
>>
>>10188433
To be fair the organisers especially Alex worked absolutely non-stop. However there were only three of them I think. I'm not surprised they got rude occasionally, that is too much work for anybody. IMO they tried really hard and I wish that it had gone better so we wouldn't have to be here saying these things.
>>
reading this thread I'm glad I didn't get a ticket in the first place. I would have loved to shop Emily Temple Cute stuff and meet the designer but wandering through the heat in a touristy area and getting subpar food would have pissed me off to no end.
>>
>>10188441
Emily Temple cute wasn't there
>>
>>10188440
That doesn't deserve praise, they should've known there was too much work for that many people and asked for volunteers, people would've loved to help out, especially if it meant for a better event and organisers that weren't burned out.
>>
>>10188444
They were though and the designer was lovely, shame she has to leave halfway at the teaparty.
>>
>>10188441
>Emily Temple Cute
Why is nobody talking about this? I didn't even know they were there. Is there a video of the Q&A? I know they promised a video of LG when they were in Barcelona, but they never shared it if it was made at all.
>>
>>10188448
I realise that seems abrasive so let me rephrase. They've done events before. They know much work is involved more than probably most other lolitas in Europe. This isn't baby's first event, they chose to not get help from anyone. If you're reading this SFE, be prepared for this if there's a next time.
>>
>>10188453
The designs were boring compared to the Indie brands and RMS though.
>>
>>10188454
OK that is fair. To be honest I heard a girl at the event saying that she had volunteered to work all day and they only gave her an hour at a table so idk what they were thinking for the volunteers.
>>
>>10188457
ETC is actually my favourite brand, so if I'd known they were gonna be there I would have paid someone to shop for me there. I feel really stupid rn.
>>
>>10188421
The organizers and a lot of people are posting to social media like it was a grand old time. It wasn’t for a good portion of the attendees and I won’t go to one of their events again if it’s organized by this same group and never in the summer (that’s my fault.) They can say “wow this event was the best one ever” but it’s really dishonest imo they had issues that turned me off from future events.

What is being posted on social media is not an honest view of how everything went down and I would hate for anyone to think the event was “worth it” and end up pissed off in the end.
>>
>>10188476

This is how I feel about Paradiso.

I hate to be memey about this but it's kind of telling of our "social media culture" and how much of a front we put up about a lot of things. How mediocre and almost disastrous these events were in comparison to the grand time you see on IG gives me really weird vibes. People saying things like "if u hate this ur an antisocial h8er" definitely does not make for a great environment for constructive criticism either
>>
>>10188476
And why don't you post on social media?
>>
>>10188440
They were snitty from even before the ticket sales
>>
>>10188476
>>10188479
I had the time of my life. I would 100% go again and enjoyed having an excuse to get wine-drunk with my international friends. Doesn't mean we can't have constructive criticism about the event. It wasn't terrible and a lot of the problems were out of the organizers hands. At the same time there are things that they can improve on. Social media posts aren't necessarily fully lying, they often just highlight the good parts which was mostly seeing friends. Shades of grey, people.
>>
No offence but the complaints about the heat are so petty. There are more than enough things to criticise about Träumerei already. If you can't dress for the weather, it's your own fault. I didn't attend, but it was hot as fuck where I live too, and I comfortably wore lolita outside from Friday to Sunday. You should have brought a parasol if you're so sensitive.
>>
>>10188492
The heat was a surprise heat wave, you jerk. It wasn't meant to be that hot.
>>
>>10188495
We knew there was going to be a heat wave beforehand. You could have changed your coord or brought a parasol.
>>
>>10188492
Mte. Looking at coords I'm seriously confused about the lack of parasols and some people wearing long sleeves. I know it was unusually hot but they knew it's spring right?
>>
>>10188499
Did people know it was going to be an outdoor venue for tea? If they did that's on them. If they didn't that's an important details to miss. Not to mention the transport issue sounded unanticipated as well
>>
>>10188502
I don't know? Did people assume the entire weekend they'd be magically followed by air-conditioning and shade?
>>
>>10188502
It was not clear that it was outdoor.
>>
>>10188504

I have no idea if you're trolling or not, but the bare minimum would be an enclosed calm area for tea, not some weird Oktoberfest set up that seems more likely than not to have a bar wench pop out of nowhere.

>>10188510
Well that's really unfortunate
>>
>>10188567
We're not saying you can't complain about the location, we're saying it's dumb you didn't dress for the weather
>>
>>10188497
I can’t talk for everyone but the weather was going to be in the 20s up until a few days before and I had planned out my outfit months in advance a certain way. I had outfits that was sleeves but airy and light but it doesn’t mean I wasn’t sweating because it was 10 degrees hotter than expected and honestly it was hard to stay hydrated. I know a few people traveled days before leading up to the event and wouldn’t even know it was in the 30s until their vacation started.

The tea party venue was like half under shade? So that was part of the issue, it was colder under the shade and more so the closer you got to the wine cellar area but it isn’t something everyone could sit in. I think if they said it was not all covered we would have been more prepared. But really there was lack of info, and that’s the biggest issue. A lot of this would have been easier if there was more open info available.

>>10188476
I had a ton of fun at the event and loved being there. It doesn’t mean it was perfect, and honestly all events are messy at times. But here it’s far easier to complain about the heat than try to explain how much I loved meeting people I know online or that it was full of beautiful houses and flowers everywhere. Or that I drank all day and night since wine was cheap
>>
>>10188578

Even the sleeveless lolitas were complaining about the heat.
>>
>>10188578
I changed my outfits for all parts of the event after checking the forecast the week before, and I still got fucked up. It was the kind of heat you can only cope with if you have climate control and are wearing shorts and a vest/ swimsuit.

>>10188499
Those temperatures would be unusually hot for summer, let alone spring, but I do agree people should have checked forecasts beforehand.
>>
>>10188488
>>10188479
>>10188476
I had a great time, and I everyone I hung out with did too, nobody I met complained about anything other than how hot it was. I wonder if the biggest factor is the people you are with? I think my positive attitude all weekend came from hanging with positive, happy people.
>>
>>10188673
>>10188682
Yet there are people who expected the organisers to know about the heat beforehand and have enough shade? I'm starting to think you don't even have a parasol
>>
>>10188683
I don't complain during the event, it would ruin the mood for myself and people around me. I complain about it afterwards.
>>
>>10188730
I for one didn't have enough luggage space to pack a parasol
>>
>>10188730
A parasol isn’t going to magically stop the heat. It keeps the sun off you, that’s it.
>>
>>10188734
I always just carry it in my hand or hang it from my bag, it's not counted as an extra piece of luggage. Just like you can carry a jacket or hat on.
>>
>>10188733
That’s fair.

>>10188476
>>10188454
>>10188448
They do ask for volunteers. People say they would love to help and then don’t actually do anything. It looks like most of the old SFE organisers stopped after Omnia Vanitas, and they had to make several call outs for event volunteers to help them prep on the day. In their position I would not have done this event, I’m way too lazy, poor, and stupid.

I don’t think any of this means no criticism is allowed. In fact, I hope anyone reading this thread who organises this kind of thing learns lots, it just means we get even better events in the future. The major takeaway for me is that if you want it done the way you like it, you have to be involved somehow.
>>
>>10188745
It makes a significant difference
>>
>>10188751
Look, parasol autist, some of us don’t want to lug around a fancy umbrella while we travel, or while we walk around an event. Like other anons said, they don’t really help that much.
>>
>>10188757
Being in the shade makes a pretty big difference, but you just want to keep bitching about things the organisers had no control over.
>>
>>10188745
>>10188757
If you think shade doesn't make a big difference, it doesn't matter that the organisers didn't provide more seating in the shade. If you think it does make a big difference, you could've easily brought a parasol if you had one. You don't even have to hold it, just tie it to your bag next time.
>>
To the parasol solves world hunger people, I had a parasol but no sane person can sit and eat on an enclosed patio surrounded by tons of bodies and other tables while holding a parasol aloft, that's not realistic. The patio area had umbrellas but just not perfect coverage, and it was still very hot under them.
>>
>>10188812
What's not realistic is to blame the event for the heat
>>
>>10188882
People are blaming the event for choosing a restaurant that was half in the sun, and that served very salty food.
>>
So like, what if it rained.

Organizers were lucky they only got sun jfc.
>>
>>10188882
We are not blaming them for the heat, but for choosing a venue that had tables outside in the sun. Even if it hadn’t been so hot and sunny, the venue still had one major problem for me: you couldn’t see or hear anything that was happening inside (raffle/best dressed). Inside they had nicer tables, shade, ceiling fans and everything happened inside. Outside you had tourists gawking at you and taking pictures. It’s one thing that tourists are rude while I‘m exploring the city, but I want a tea party in a private place where nobody is filming me while I’m trying to gracefully eat melting cake. Is the heat the thing people remember the most? Yes, cause it was insane and we are just people. Do we blame the organizers for the weather? No, it just made existing problems worse. I wish we could talk about these problems instead of arguing that I should have incorporated a parasol in my headpiece.
Overall I enjoyed other events I went to way more, but I‘m still grateful for all the work the organizers have done. I will happily support future SFE events with my money if they listen to constructive criticism and learn from their mistakes and the things that went well.
>>
>>10189066
>if they listen to constructive criticism and learn from their mistakes
They've already shown they don't
>>
>>10189157
They really need one person with thick skin to field the crit and put it in a useful, more constructive way that they'll actually listen to. Also to come up with task lists and manage some of their social media outreach. Hey SFE I've worked in PR before, hire me and I'll help out.
>>
>>10188752
Why did many of them stop after Omnia Vanitas? And why can't they find new organisers?
>>
>>10188458
Hey! That might have been me. I wanted to volunteer but I didn’t actually realise how big of a commitment modelling would be since I was doing two shows and one was haenuli’s wedding dress.

Volunteering was a lot of fun though & I would definitely do it again at the next event!
>>
>>10189189
The workload is gonna be the biggest factor. A lot of these people are adults with jobs and families, organising an event like this is literally full time job hours, even for a team.

I also think the way some people speak about organisers and their personal lives contributes to burnout. I don’t think that includes the valid constructive criticism, to be clear (although that probably does also make you feel a bit crap). I know years back for TPC some of the things said went beyond criticism of the event and went into shitting all over the orgs as people. I wouldn’t want to organise events only to get that in return.

The exact same thing will happen to all large scale lolita events eventually I suspect, we’ll just have to cycle through different groups of organisers again and again.
>>
>>10189157
How have they shown they don’t? I don’t think any of them even go on cgl so how would they hear it?
>>
>>10189213
They deleted comments and complained about people being mean and ungrateful on facebook. People already complained about not having enough information about the location beforehand.
>>
>>10189229
This. Organisers made fun of people for daring to ask questions or raise concerns, and from Alex's reactions it's obvious she still lurks on here
>>
>>10188277
I'm really looking forward to Strike a Pose but I don't understand the theme. Normally I love following themes but I have no idea what type of coord I can wear with that. Literally 0 ideas.
>>
>>10189475
Just go fancy OTT. Maybe you can take inspo from haute couture or met gala.
>>
>>10186964
Where did they say that's the theme? I don't speak Dutch so maybe I missed it. Did they explain it?

>>10189475
Me too. I saw they made a pinterest board to give us ideas, but there are only 2 lolita-related pictures on it, and those honestly look like they were added by accident. It just looks like random normie magazine stuff she likes, with a pink theme. How is pic related supposed to inspire us? Can someone who understands the theme please make a new pinterest board?
>>
>>10189492
Not everyone likes to wear OTT, a lot of people don't actually..
>>
>>10189495
Sorry for trying to help jeez
>>
>>10189492
So another OTTea?

>>10189494
>there are only 2 lolita-related pictures on it, and those honestly look like they were added by accident
They probably meant to add those to an old-school board.
>>
>>10189504
Nayrt but the lolita pictures they added to the Strike a Pose pinterest are in no way OTT, thanks for trying though
>>
>>10189507
Didn't know there was a Pinterest I really don't pay enough attention to these things and can't find it on fb. Link? If you feel like spoonfeeding very sorry but much appreciated
>>
>>10189494
It’s in the Theme Announcement-message they posted in the event page on the 31st of March. The message is in English.
>>
>>10189475
Just wear something inspired by runways for example. you can go with met gala themes, regular OTT looks or just anything that defines this fashion for you. it is not rocket science. + in my experience, themes are never obligatory.
>>
>>10188479
Or maybe the people posting have a different point of view and outlook, perhaps they really did have a good time? I know I did. Several of my friends did too. Was it perfect? No. Was it still highly enjoyable? Yes!
Just because we choose to highlight the positive doesn't mean there were no downsides, rather just that some people don't choose to focus on that. Why do you get ”weird vibes” from seeing people having fun? Your experience was not their experience, no one was faking having fun or trying to paint some kind of better picture, they were actually enjoying themselves.

Mediocre? Disastrous? I don't think so. That's just being quite dramatic and not at all focusing on specific things you'd like to see changed.

How good of a time you have at events like this is largely defined by yourself. Your outlook, your actions and behaviours, your expectations, your temperament etc.
>>
File: thumbs_up2.png (153 KB, 295x295)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>10189761
>How good of a time you have at events like this is largely defined by yourself. Your outlook, your actions and behaviours, your expectations, your temperament etc.

Nayrt, but you sound very reasonable anon. Please keep it up.
>>
>>10189735
Okay, that sounds really boring. So basically you should wear whatever. What's the point of having a theme then? I love the locations and it would've been nice if they had themes to go with that. If my friends can go I think we'll just make up a theme among each other.
>>
>>10189494
Good evening dears,
After last year's Spellbound theme, we are very excited to reveal the name and theme for our upcoming event We hope you're ready!
For this event, we will explore the world of high fashion and luxury, inspired by Tokyo Fashion Night Out and Vogue Fashion Week! Get ready to live all your OTT dreams and join us on a high fashion adventure, named…
Strike a Pose
I mean, we’re not really made for being subtle are we? Why not celebrate and share the fashion we hold most dearly
Get ready for amazing runways, some gorgeous venues, wonderful guests and of course a lot of photo opportunities to Strike a Pose and live the fashion life!
We are very excited to start sharing more details and we hope you are all ready for fashion experimentation and extravaganza, because we sure are!

>>10189517
https://pinterest.com/katiezomer/strike-a-pose/

>>10189735
I guess people are confused because it's unrelated to lolita. I mean I don't have anything in my wardrobe that says ''runway'' or ''met gala'' (I've never even watched that, is it popular in the Netherlands?). Some people just love going with the theme, so it's disappointing when you can't do anything with it. The way I interpreted it, they want you to wear normie high fashion brands with lolita. Otherwise the pinterest board makes no sense.
>>
>>10189761

Just because I had criticism to offer doesn't mean I didn't have fun. I get what you mean and the only reason I'll ever go back is for the people, but it's sometimes hard not to shake off experiences that bother you. Hopefully the organizers learn from this for both of our events.
>>
>>10189811
>https://pinterest.com/katiezomer/strike-a-pose/
wow it really is full of normie stuff. what do they want with this? is this a lolita only event or for all jfashion?
>>
File: strike a pose.jpg (1.25 MB, 1000x1500)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
While trying to think of what to wear, I made an attempt to translate their pinterest to jfashion coords. Sharing for those who don't understand the theme either. I hate OTT and pink though. Also never looked at Vogue fashion week or whatever.
>>
>>10189874
This looks like an OTT sweet fever dream
>>
File: shehasnotorsobro.jpg (33 KB, 260x510)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>10189874
the thumbnail of this made me do a double take, i thought this was one body
>>
I'm interpreting ”Strike a Pose” as more about encouraging editorial/runway/gala looks and more fancy looks in general, no matter your substyle.
>>
>>10189874
I think I’d wear my most high status/rare pieces and try to mix in high end normie fashion, like actual vivienne Westwood RHS, a designer bag or belt, etc and/or add in an avant garde
>>
>>10191683
I meant add in an avant garde aspect
>>
>>10191665
I'm trying to think about how to do that without going OTT. A lot of the coords from the OTTea meet were messy..

>>10191683
This is how I interpreted it too, but let's be honest most lolitas don't own stuff like that.
>>
Sfes afterparty was very tame. I heard they could get crazy and now I'm questioning what my comm thinks is crazy. I heard they even ran out of music after my group left to party in our room
>>
File: what4.jpg (33 KB, 360x296)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>10191957
>they even ran out of music

How?
>>
>>10191957
They were never crazy parties. Usually half of the lolitas already left because they have to work the next day.
>>
>>10191957
If you left you wouldn’t know what happened tho.

Anyways it was never wild it was just fun to be free to talk to people while drinking. Got some good deep drink convos then.
>>
>>10191957
Sfe afterpartys are boring. And ending always so early.
>>
>>10186002
Afternoon tea is the one with small snacks
High tea is the full meal

How the FUCK is this still a misconception in 2019
>>
>>10192200
Because European cultures and languages mixed together for hundreds of years and in my country, we call the one with scones, finger food or sweets high tea.
>>
>>10191817
High end items will help, I agree with >>10191683
, avoid the costume- like or more droopy elements that plague OTT and think about styling that is more elegant than cute. Look at the brand mooks the magazine editorials and runway photos for your inspiration rather than the street snaps or everyday looks.
>>
>>10191979
Nyart but there was no Internet in the place so after a while they had to go based on what people had pre-downloaded on their phones. It was fine though, good time to talk. I stayed until almost the end and had a great time. It was chill, which was good after the busy day!
>>
>>10191990
>>10192193
What events and comms have the best afterparties?
>>
>>10192193
If you leave when the official location closes, that's true. The wild parts come afterwards
>>
>>10192260
You should quit lolita and just do cosplay
>>
>>10192544
I have never and would never cosplay. Wearing lolita and liking parties are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>10193929
Cons are knowing for rowdy afterparties. Lolita events are not.
>>
MT only photographs people she knows and likes huh
>>
>>10193971
Hopefully they post the photos from the other togs soon, I wanted to see more of the fashion show.
>>
>>10192200
Had the event organizers actually explained things there wouldn’t be so many misunderstandings...they left things way too vague in some instances
>>
>>10193971
I noticed this too. 93746 pics of her gf, a few of instafamous girls, and 0 of anyone else. It would be fine if she was just taking pics for herself but I expect more from an official event photographer. She didn't approach me and my friends even once for a photo. The other photographer seemed more professional though
>>
Sooo did they interview the ETC designer? What did she talk about?
>>
>>10193971
>>10194548
They posted more of her photos and she has fashion show pics now but I still stand by >>10195969. There are even a few pics of herself and even more of her gf now.
>>
>>10195969
If she was the event photog then why didn't you ask for a photo?
>>
>>10193971
I'm not instafamous but still managed to ask for a handful of photos, takes a little patience and politeness.
>>
>>10185919
Indeed.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.