[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 94 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

There's a lot of stereotypes about people who cosplay particular characters or franchises. Some are pretty obvious, but others might not be so well known. If you cosplay a character that has a stereotypical type of cosplayer associated with it, what is it?
>>
that people who cosplay Zelda are whores or only go to cons to get sex.
>>
>>10183113
he looks like beardless green garden gnome, how is that sexy in any way?
>>
>>10183113
Is that really a stereotype? I get a lot of attention when I'm in Zelda but never of the sexual kind, the most was a peck on the cheek from some kid
>>
2b cosplayers are all technical virgins but only because everything they're into is too weird to actually be considered sex
>>
>>10183116
thank you for that laugh
>>
love live cosplayers are almost all snooty bitches
>>
2b- thots without patreon
ahri- thots with patreon
love live cosplayers- want to be japanese
miku- sjws
bnha- sjw fujos
touhou- autists
>>
>>10183552
every love live cosplayer in my com is like that
>>
>>10182827

Yakuza: Goro Majima is so randum and mai husbando becuz I played 0
>>
Disney princesses: batshit insane, all of them.
DC cosplayers, especially Harley's and Jokers: cringelords with deranged power fantasies.
Deadpool: annoying pricks who use their cosplay as an excuse to harass people and act lol-so-random.
Hetalia: crazed lesbian fangirls.
Love Live: stuck up diva's who think they're hot shit despite not being able to perform a single dance together.
Samus: fake gamer girl with a nice ass.
>>
>>10184615
>Hetalia: crazed lesbian fangirls

Not anymore, it's too problematic. You can't like it if you want that sweet kweer social credit.

(Thank God.)
>>
Star Lord: Unshaven blonde guys who were probably fat at one time. And that people yell at us the cosplayers for how the events of infinity war played out (however post endgame this hasn’t been the case so I can hope he has been forgiven)
>>
>>10182827
Apparently, those who go out in shy guy costumes are wild party animals and/or degenerates. I’m converting a cosplay to go as one, so I’ll see if that’s the case.
>>
>>10184615
>Disney princesses: batshit insane, all of them.

This is totally true, but why?? What is it that makes people who cosplay Disney princesses (and Disney in general) literally off their rockers?
>>
D.Vas are either catty, tryhard, think they're so quirky x d

Love Live are snooty, uptight bitches, usually are very judgmental of women's appearances

EverQuest cosplayers are Gen X and usually permanently drunk

We all know Deadpools but one chased me down at a con because I dropped my wallet. He didn't take anything. He was cool.

Old FE game cosplayers are usually okay, they are more mature than Awakenfates cosplayers who act more weeby shipping like. There is a schism with the fanbase, older FEs dislike that the new ones get all the photoshoot attention

GoT cosplayers are generally decent people

People who only cosplay "hero" or "good guy" cosplayers are a red flag to me, because the pedos, scammers, etc. In the community seen to ALWAYS be Batman, iron Man, Link, etc. Villain characters besides the Joker or BNHA villains are usually nicer..
>>
>>10185299
It’s a Disney thing. A lot of people obsessed with Disney are nuts. Celebration (the formerly Disney-owned neighborhood in Florida) was notorious for being weird and culty.
>>
>>10185396
>People who only cosplay "hero" or "good guy" cosplayers are a red flag to me, because the pedos, scammers, etc. In the community seen to ALWAYS be Batman, iron Man, Link, etc. Villain characters besides the Joker or BNHA villains are usually nicer..

wow, you're right. the 'nice guy' concept carries over into cosplay too.
>>
>>10185415
Yeah I was thinking about it, most famous example is the I am your heroes/Jim Logan the Wolverine cosplayer who scammed so many people, there's BeaHeroCosplay/Joe Did Donato the Iron Man cosplayer who made CP, ffs I could go on. I also think they may cosplay good guys to appear nice and get close with children, especially the charity people who visit sick kids as superheroes. Sorry I don't know if I made sense I'm tired af from Colossal
>>
Oh yeah people who cosplay memes typically are attention whores who make being a partying alcoholic and their knowledge of shit tier memes their entire personality.

Forgot to mention most Deadpools I've seen seem to not be aware of the existence of dance belts.

OPM cosplayers are way easier to get along with as opposed to BNHA cosplayers.

Voltron cosplayers are easily offended. I mistook a Lotor or whoever for any sort of high fantasy dark elf and he looked at me like I slapped a baby he was mad lol
>>
>>10184615
I don't know about DC, but Joker cosplayers are always weird as fuck. Very edgelordy. Harley cosplayers usually glorify abusive relationships and have some sort of issues they handling.
>>
>>10185396
>Old FE game cosplayers are usually okay, they are more mature than Awakenfates cosplayers who act more weeby shipping like. There is a schism with the fanbase, older FEs dislike that the new ones get all the photoshoot attention

People who cosplay from older/less-popular installments in popular franchises tend to be pretty decent in general, I've seen the same phenomenon with people who do characters from non-Persona MegaTen games, for example.
>>
The only real consistency I've ever noticed is Deadpools.

They're always annoying fuckheads
>>
>>10185396
Old FE cosplayers can be nasty as fuck if you cosplay the newer games or haven't played the older ones. It's a weird split community
>>
Deadpool cosplayers think their cosplay means they can ignore social boundaries. I once had one try and grab a prosthetic glued to my face and I panicked and punched him in the sternum. Thankfully he just backed off and left and didn't like, report me to security or whatever.
>>
>>10186645
"Yes security? I tried to grab some stranger's face without their consent and then they punched me in the chest. Wait, why are you kicking ME out? I'm Deadpool bitch!"
>>
The only thing that I have ever noticed, other than almost every Deadpool cosplayer being a horrendous stain on the nature of all that is good and decent in humanity, is that Undertale cosplayers are almost always really nice and huge nerds.

Many times have I had Undertale cosplayers compliment my costume, compliment my body, or ask me for a picture.

Nervous wrecks, though. They can barely get a word out, let alone a whole sentence.
>>
I would give a stereotype but literally every cosplayer is autistic or has a social disorder. Cosplay itself already has a stereotype
>>
>>10185396
True as fuck about both sides of the FE cosplay community. Which leaves me in a weird position bc I'm a fan of both. When I cosplay from the newer games, the old fans bitch and moan about weebs coming in and only cosplaying from the same 2 shitty games. When I cosplay from anything before Awakening, it gets completely ignored- both online and in person. I know people joke about how toxic the FE community is but damn if it isn't true.
>>
File: 1375814687507.png (453 KB, 924x587)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
>>10185396
>>10185415
>>10185434
Harley's Joker is the exception to this rule. Wonder what he's doing now.
>>
Danganronpa/BNHA: HUGE shippers, usually sjw as fuck and also commonly middle school or younger, also incredibly autistic

Fate: depending on entry to franchise. FGO are either the obsessive type of weeaboo or patreon thots, FSN are usually lore nerds and chill people, anime are usually normies
>>
>>10189423
I'm cosplaying as an adult Deku later next year, I really hope that I don't attract that crowd. At my job, I went out for lunch at the mall and saw some middle school aged girls as Midorya, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Asui. Kind've cringe
>>
>>10184615
I’ve heard from one cosplayer that DC cosplayers also tend to be really anti-anime.
>>
>>10186700

Pacifist Route gives people the warm fuzzies.

>>10189506

I wonder why though?

>>10186183

Obscure cosplayer tends to be big fans who stuck with the franchise through thick and thin and anyone who notices where it is from is also a longrunning fan as well.
>>
>>10189473
I cosplayed DR before I found out the community was like that, and I was just so uncomfortable at the shoots. It's was full of incredibly obnoxious sjw kids that would not shut up how nagito is gay or some other weird headcanons. Really dislike DR's fanbase now
>>
>>10184716
The getting yelled at part is the best. I made a sign saying StarLord did nothing wrong and the arguments are some of the most fun I have at cons
>>
>>10189423
>>10189590
I've been a fan of DR for a while and like it because I like silly murder mysteries but god is it weird to talk to people who like DR at cons because they are literally all 13. I lurk local con Facebook groups and I've seen more than one post from a mom posting their middle school aged kids in DanganRonpa cosplay.
>>
>>10185396
>>10189586
I've noticed that with other fanbases too, like Final Fantasy and Tales Of. Older game cosplayers are super chill, younger ones are obnoxious and loud.
>>
>>10191120
Gonna throw some doubt on that bud. I only got into fire emblem recently and the amount of elitism is off the charts from the older fans. They come off as super bitchy and are constantly trying to show off to newer fans or bring then down. Newer fans have a lot if younger kids but they seem much more laid back when it comes to new people who don't have the entire series wiki memorized.

It's super toxic to have to deal with them since they have a chip on their shoulder that new people also like the games. Usually I just avoid anyone cosplaying anything earlier than Radiant Dawn at cons because I just know they're going to try to grill people, give them pop quizzes about the games, or generally bitch about other fans.
>>
>>10189590
>>10191110
Being a lurker in SA, it still shocks me how popular this game got from a SA LP - but I’m not surprised at how the fandom acts, given all the rule breaking, angry Tumblr vs SA posting, and fights over un-PC language that angered the mods to no end.
>>
File: MNyAfEp.png (242 KB, 800x1160)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>10182827
>astolfo
>mtf tranny stereotype
>tfw I'm the exact opposite
>>
>>10189586
>DC fan base is stereotyped to be loud and vocal. See the folks who rabidly defend Man of Steel/BvS/Suicide Squad. That’s not getting into anti-Marvel flame wars before the movies took off.

On top of that, comics fandom thinks anime is creepy/gross/weird. It’s either warranted with how diverse and progressive a lot of Marvel is (thus attracting more folks who sneer at panty shots and sexist crap in anime and not just TnA posing in comics), or its from the same neckbeards who defend Spider-Woman’s ass cheeks spread on a cover.
>>
File: uikzjuztr5.jpg (52 KB, 794x1262)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>10183552
>>10183502
I always thought 2B's were anal queens.
>>
>>10183552
Switch 2b and ahri because you’re dumb ass fuck for thinning Patreon isn’t flooded with 2bs
>>
>>10189405
Hopefully he’s dead

Anyway I hate Deadpool’s but I love the ones that are actually funny

I remember seeing a slightly shitty mmpr read ranger at a con once.

Plastic mask, half ass outfit.

He lifted the mask up to reveal a really good Deadpool.

He was Deadpool cosplaying the red ranger.

Chill dude too.

But yeah aside from that one case Deadpool’s are trash
>>
File: 413.jpg (29 KB, 588x444)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>10192298
>>
>>10189423
I don't know if it's just me but Danganronpa cosplayers are some of the least friendly cosplayers I've ever met. Not that they're outright mean or anything. It's just if I'm cosplaying from any other fandom like JoJo, Final Fantasy, Attack on Titan and I run into a cosplayer from the same series usually they get excited and we end up talking for a bit. This almost never happens when I cosplayed characters from Danganronpa. They just kinda look you up and down and give you this unimpressed look.
>>
>>10192298
Having a big ass =/= liking anal retard
>>
>>10192508
What do you expect from an incel?
>>
>>10192508
He said big ass. Not fat ass, Shamu.
>>
>JoJo
>50/50 chance of either fujoshi SJW extremists (usually women) or cool memester bros (that are probably gay or at least bicurious, not that it matters though)
>>
>>10191642
I remember I cosplayed shuichi one time, it was actually my first "actual effort" cosplay. Ran into a bunch of high schoolers and middle schoolers that were also cosplaying that basically talked about shipping, which character is gay, etc etc. Talked to them for a bit about the games and they basically couldn't shut up about their weird yaoi fantasies. Really rubbed me the wrong way, because I thought the "yaoi shippers" meme was from a bygone era, and didn't exist anymore.
>>
>>10185396
>EverQuest cosplayers are Gen X and usually permanently drunk
*sips*
EverQuest, now that was a good game
>>
>>10192844
Yaoi and shippers and inappropriate fangirling has and always will be a thing, it's just that the old breed grew out of it.
>>
>>10191052
As someone who made a Thanos Did Nothing Wrong sign, agreed fully. Some of the best shit at parties.
>>
>>10192844
>teens being cringey and weird
shocking
>>
>>10183552

Am a Touhou cosplayer, can verify
>>
>>10189423
Sadly JJBA is getting the tweenie sjw crowd. The last photoshoot meetup I went to was awful.

>>10192698
I feel like a lot of them do Jojo bc they're too cowardly to do full drag. Unfortunately a self own.
>>
>>10192508
It should be
>>
From the AA:

>DVA cosplayers will spend money all con but only on DVA shit. If you have anything DVA they are buying it. They are usually pretty nice, especially when they are wearing an alt skin
>JoJo cosplayers love taking photos because they can do their pose. Usually stingy with money but if you have a good related print they will buy it
>BNHA cosplayers won’t even look at you while walking. For some reason they have all been kinda rude
>Deadpool’s never make it back to the AA because they are busy sexually harassing someone in the front
>Disney cosplayers almost always are either creepily nice or rude. No in between
>bowsette ususally is really nice, but isn’t spending money. Will usually look and compliment. Almost always a Deadpool within leaping distance following nearby
>family group cosplays warm my heart. Nothing to say here I just love seeing it
>>
>>10191398
That's a really weird cutoff point anon. If you said PoR, I'd be like " yeah, okay that works", but can you really tell who's going to be the asshole between a Danved and a Devdan?
>>
File: apologies fellas.jpg (377 KB, 2048x1536)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
Payday and Hotline Miami cosplayers are absolute bros without exception
>>
>>10192698
Me and my mates cosplay JoJo, can confirm the latter. (although I think I am the only bicourious out of the bunch.)
>>
>all of these weirdos or shitty people that cosplay BNHA
Can't say I'm surprised granted how popular and thus how many people probably cosplay from it, but man that sucks considering a friend and I did cosplays from it.
Granted, we also never really associated with the rest of the BNHA cosplayers we met because a lot of them were insufferable. Dunno what that says about us.
>>
>>10194705
It should seem so, but given the console generation differences, for some reason younger crowd likes RD where I know that's where the series fell off for a lot of older players.

It's a shame about the fanbase, Pent has been on my to-do list for years, but stories I've heard and described here have resulted in me continually pushing it down my list.
>>
>>10195022
The flavour of the month series is always going to have shitty people associated with it, and even more so when it's very popular with younger teenagers. I cosplayed Hetalia and Homestuck frequently at their respective heights of popularity, and I met my fair share of freaks. But I also met a lot of really cool people who I'm still friends with today.

Don't worry about cosplaying from *that* series if that's what you're into at the time (unless that series is MLP). No one is forcing you to associate with the garbage parts of the fanbase.
>>
>>10184688
Nah, they just moved onto Steven Universe now.
>>
>>10194805
This.

I'm going go out on a limb and say Dark Souls/Bloodborne cosplayers are pretty laid back too, at least all the ones I know of.
>>
Itt: everyone says the specific series they cosplay are super chill and every other series is full of weirdos
>>
What's the stereotype for a guy cosplaying one of the big bad sith lords in Knights of the Old Republic 2?
>>
>>10192481
i hope to u see u at a con in dr cosplay desu bc i usually get overally excited about it regardless of the cosplay i’m in. sometimes it can be awkward when i’m in a non dr cosplay & see someone cosplay a less popular or not as cosplayed as much dr character & have a little sperg moment infornt of these poor cosplayers.
>>
>>10183502
No 2B or dva cosplayers have played the games is a good one too
>>
>>10185299
they’re usually 30-35, probably got knocked up at 25, didn’t get to live their life so they dress as a princess because they’re so delusional and want a better one
>>
Joker from P5: "My character is the new Kirito where a bunch of frumpy dudes in poor long coats and no wigs cosplay as"
>>
Any stereotypes for Fallout cosplayers?
>>
>>10201820
Cosplayed as NCR ranger. Got a pretty good buzz on, but I feel I wasn’t inappropriately blasted. I was very quick to get into game discussions and drag them on forever. Seriously forever, my group left me any time I struck up conversation.
>>
>>10200841

An old fan who is mad Disney didnt accept the previous EU and have to deal with Sequel Trilogy fans who thinks you old trilogy types are living in the past and hate everything the House of Mouse have done with Star Wars even though the Sequel Trilogy is dreadful
>>
>>10201316

>no wigs
>All the Kirito and Joker cosplayers I ever seen using their real hair even if its the wrong color

God this is so accurate it hurts
>>
>>10200841
Onions
>>
Team Skull cosplayers tend to be very chill/fun loving people.
>>
>>10185299
Fat people with poor taste who want to feel like a magical princess but are too ugly and middle class to do so
>>
Predator cosplayers seem to always be having a good time
>>
>Lovelive: catty delusional bitches. Think they're actually Japanese aidorus desu. Either landwhales or anachans.
>Danganronpa: Homestuck fandom, but it's an anime. You had a homestuck phase and if you didn't, you act like a homestuck.
>Ensemble Stars: lovelive but with boys. You're probably an autist fujoshit or a fakeboi. Chances are you're a weeb who thinks they can read Japanese or you don't play the game.
>>
South Park cosplayer, if female: fujoshi
South Park cosplayer, if male: dudebro who just wanted an easy meme cosplay
>>
File: 1556320664418.gif (957 KB, 500x418)
957 KB
957 KB GIF
>>10185299
>tfw you know this is true
>But you've been wanting to cosplay ballroom Belle for years
>>
>>10204425
Just go for it, cgl may judge you but your child self will be so happy. Avoid drama and you'll be fine.
>>
File: f40n3cb2bsg21.png (2.13 MB, 2327x1451)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>jojo, specifically part 5
>fujoshi and ayden galore
>>
>>10204333
>>Lovelive: catty delusional bitches. Think they're actually Japanese aidorus desu. Either landwhales or anachans.
every love live girl i know is like this. just look at any texan idol group. they're mostly obese fattychans (kira kira entertainment) or anachans (milky kitty)
>>
What's /cgl/'s opinion of Star Wars cosplayers. I've read the entire thread yet haven't seen one mention of the franchise. Unless I'm blind.
>>
Mentioned here

>>10201912

>>10204683

Original and Prequel: either you are a charity group cosplayer or classic star wars geek

EU: Bioware fans who is jelly their game is not canon by Disney

ST: New age fans who cosplays Ray or Ren with Finns and Phasma in between it all and shares the same mentality as MCU cosplayers who thinks they are normies
>>
Persona 3/4/5 cosplayers: 99 percent of the time haven't played any other SMT games besides Persona 3/4/5

P5 Joker especially seems to be the low effort male cosplay, like >>10201316 said, it's the new Kirito.
>>
>>10201316
>>10202213

Fucking this. I don't mind people not using a wig, if they AT LEAST try, have the good colors and somewhat lenght.
But fuck me, the worst is when they're wrong hair colors, and/or short hairs.

I remember a Joker that managed to pull it sweetly with natural hairs so I don't mind it much when they actually try
>>
>>10183552
>touhou- autists
Also latent transgender tendencies
>>
>>10182827
Obnoxious loud girls with autism who thinks she is cute.
>>
>>10185396
>Everquest cosplayers
People still do Everquest cosplay? Hasn't it been dead for a long time? Do you just mean at the SOE fan Faire?
>>
>>10194805
without a doubt
>>
>>10183113
Zelda? Never heard that one before. That's not a cosplay that's revealing or has sexual connotations.
>>
L from Death Note is one of two people
With a wig: Permavirgin, complete loser who spent more on fake hair than the rest of his outfit, doesn't have any saved numbers other than mom and pizza on the phone he holds with two fingers. Avoid at all costs
Without wig: absolute chad, has plowed through most of the girls at the con (18+ of course, he's a man of moral standing), can give you some life changing tips on your cosplay, incorporates a period correct flip phone into his cosplay, no number saved since he remembers everyone. Probably grabbed clothes from the laundry hamper on his way to the con for his cosplay, just there to brighten your day
>>
>>10204683
star wars cosplayers tend to be the older boomer group
like all the stormtrooper and mandalorian variations. almost always old people. even jedis too.

in other words, they are generally chill. i feel like they are truly the ones that cosplay just to have fun.

the younger crowd mostly cosplay for the attention and patreon bucks
>>
>>10192698
>memester
>>
>>10201833
>I was very quick to get into game discussions and drag them on forever.
So friendly bro autist? you sound legitimately fun.
>>
>love live
>either obese or anorexic women, no in-between
>catty girl drama
>extremist sjws (everytime you see a bullshit tweet, chances are their icon is a LL character)
>>
>>10182827
I dont know I dont hear about plauge doctors that much or see them
>>
File: nothingbulletscantcure.jpg (180 KB, 683x512)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>10214541
Probably proto Ebola-chan fanboys/girls, or really into medical history.
>>
BNHA cosplayers are either chill older fans, or annoying teens. no middle ground
>>
>>10183113
it's sailor scouts or the latest 'hot/cute/sexual' female anime character (i.e hestia, megumin, mount lady, midnight) that are on hunt for sex.
>>
Sakura Kinomoto cosplayers are always overweight and 6 feet tall and usually act like way overly cutesy. they tend to give off child fantasy vibes. its a bummer cause i used to want to cosplay sakura but there's no way i'm grouping myself in with them
>>
>>10214541
>>10214546
Yeah, they're usually history buffs or RenFaire dudes (same thing, in my experience).
>>
>>10212794
shit_that_didnt_happen.txt
>>
>>10195071
That's too bad, I'd love to see a Pent (and Louise) cosplay. I'm okay with FE and nu-FE but the fanbase is so cancerous that I feel a little ashamed to like it. You should go through with the cosplay anyway, Pent is somewhat of a fan favorite
>>
>>10215018
I've never met a Sakura cosplayer like this at all. Most of the ones I've seen are cute teenage girls who just really like magical girls and are probably fujos.
>>
>>10192439
>But yeah aside from that one case Deadpool’s are trash
Most of them are trying to be DPiddy but they don't have half his sense of fun.
>>
Is there a stereotype for Pokemon grunt cosplayers who have team appropriate Pokemon ready to battle you on their 3DS?
>>
>>10215150
jokes.nfo
>>
File: _wc7.jpg (45 KB, 494x720)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>narancia ghirga from jojo
>nearly EVERY single cosplayer is anachans, feminine females, fujos, aydens
>prepubescent kawaii soft innocent boi uwu baby
>le TRAP OMG XDDD meme
the dude literally has rippling abs and bulging arm muscles and he's a 17 year old pretty violent gangster, jesus christ.

fucking fujos
>>
File: 190711_185250.jpg (118 KB, 906x676)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>10219159
for reference, this is what he actually looks like
>>
>>10204333
Every time I see someone blocking an entire hallway to take photos it's a Love Live.
>>
Taako cosplayers are all insufferable queer uwu tumblrinas. I’ve also never seen a Taako cosplay that looked good or even in character.
>>
>>10219162

Then again he has aerosmith for his stand and Dude Looks Like a Lady.
>>
>>10219162
> posts the anime
alright then.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.