[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: dokomi.png (98 KB, 727x589)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
https://www.dokomi.de/en

So who's coming to DoKomi this year?
>>
>>10168356
I am, it will be my first german con! I kinda wanted to finish the costume I'm working on by then but there's just no way, so I'll be bringing a couple older costumes I haven't had the chance to shoot yet
>>
Can I talk about a horror story from last year?

I was in the stupidly overcrowded artist's alley and the table next to me, her name was something like birnenbrinchen fuck if i can spell it, but oh my god I've never had to deal with such a vile person in my life. I don't know how old she was but she kept throwing a constant tantrum and I don't think anyone who wasn't her friend bought from her booth in the end. One person flicked through her hand drawn doujin of her OCs and the text was completely unreadble, she didn't even bother type facing it she just wrote everything in her extremely crude handwriting, but boy did she not take any suggestions well. I've never seen anyone behave so childish and immature in an artist's alley before, a genuinely toxic person urgh I'm beyond grateful I'm on the other side of the room to her this year. Her behavior actually drove sales away from the booths around her as well, I ended up exchanging contact details with the girl on the other side and opposites and they both said they suffered a big loss by the saturday afternoon compared to the usual sales. We reported her to the staff for her gross conduct but unfortunately she's back again this year. Please don't her drive you away from the beautiful artists next to her it's genuinely sad they get clumped with such an immature psychopath.

I really wish Dokomi had some kind of quality control when it comes to the artists alley, or at least took complaints about the artists seriously but they just don't care.
>>
>>10168501
>Can I talk about a horror story from last year?

Alwaysssss

That sounds really bad. I had an odd experience with some girl last year that was REALLY desperate about selling stuff but I am not sure if its the girl that you described.. either way I try to give everybody a fair chance even when their surroundings aren't the most pleasurable.

>other side of the room

Its a huge hall, room makes it sound a little small.

>>10168469
Aww it shouldn't be too late to finish stuff though?
Either way enjoy your first German con! Its the best there is and Dusseldorf is a nice city to explore.
>>
>>10168658
It has a lot of embroidery and rhinestones, I really want to make it the best that I can so if I rush it I know I'll be disappointed. I'd rather take my time and be happy with it.
>>
I'm hyped af! They got so many international cosplayers joining this year it's insane.

But more than that I'm looking forward to my shopping spree in the artist alley. They really managed to get a bit of comiket flair to Germany, I love them for that! It's amazing to see so many artist flourish nowadays. So different to the old conhon days...
>>
also: I love the retro styled booklet cover
>>
First time doing to a German con in a while and I'm real excited. Mostly for the gardens and the artist alley, haha
>>
>>10176519
>They got so many international cosplayers joining this year it's insane.
Who's going to be there?
>>
>>10176785

Too many to name and they are are bit scattered trough the different areas:

https://www.dokomi.de/de/ehrengaeste
https://www.dokomi.de/en/cosplay/guests
https://www.dokomi.de/en/gaming/twitch
https://www.dokomi.de/en/exhibitors/artist-alley
https://www.dokomi.de/en/exhibitors/fashion-area

But the ones I personally care most about:
Angie, Hikarin, Aza Miyuko, Phil Mizuno, Geheichou, Pixel, Gesha Petrovich, Zayuri. And they announced Wolfoty & Lavlien as well as Shirogane-sama lately on twitter, but I haven't found those on the website.
>>
>>10176519
>But more than that I'm looking forward to my shopping spree in the artist alley. They really managed to get a bit of comiket flair to Germany, I love them for that! It's amazing to see so many artist flourish nowadays.
This is why the Dokomi is my favorite german con.
Most german cons are too focused on cosplay.
Also: 2D > 3D
>>
>>10181804
heavily agree
>>
>>10176694
>for the gardens

You mean the big park area next to the con venue?

I find it crazy how many people go to DoKomi absolutely unaware of this being a thing
>>
So i just saw that the dokomi goes till 18 o clock on sunday. I know that after this there is the disco and the ball but what are people doing who don't want to go there? till when can they be in the building till the dokomi closes?
>>
First time in the artist alley, so I'm pretty excited how it will be on the other side of the table and since I can't just walk around freely I'll wear lolita with big amounts of poof.
>>
>>10182417
There’ll be announcements through speakers in the halls starting around 17/17:30 that the Con will be over soon and ppl should slowly prepare and move towards the exits
>>
>>10182449
I see. But i have the feel that many cosplayer will go to the grassland and stay there longer or will most go? Sorry for asking so stupid questions, it will be my first bigger convention i will go to
>>
I will be in artist alley! I'm international and wondering how often people pay with card? I heard Germany is very cash-based.
>>
I planned to go with 3 friends there but 1 friend doesn't have a lot of money so we discussed about hangin out in the park area, but would it be even worth it going there without tickets?
>>
>>10182546
>I heard Germany is very cash-based.
On average, yes, but atleast all bigger stores, chains, gas stations and stuff like ticket machines will accept cards. You want to have cash with you though, if you plan to buy in smaller stores since there's no gurantee they will accept cards.
>>
So the Dokomi is in about an week.
>Which day/s you are there and your cosplay plans
>What are your general plans for the con?
>How much money du you want to spend and for what
>>
>>10183077
I'll be going both days this year after only going on Saturday last year. Super excited to have more time at the con this year, last time I spent almost all my time in the artist alley. I've saved ~200 euros to spend in the artist alley, so I'm well-prepared (not that I need to spend all of it).

I'm still really torn on what I should cosplay and whether to go for comfort or aesthetic. Might try on a few cosplays I still have this weekend to see which ones I like the best.
>>
>>10183077
I'm wearing a historical dress saturday and Lillie sunday, I'm hoping to get some photos because I somehow never got any in Lillie
>>
>>10183077
Gonna wear Jfashion both days. My highlights will be the Angelic Pretty and the LizLisa booth. I’m so excited for them!!
>>
>>10183077
I'm going only on Sunday because of work. I will cosplay and probably go to a group meeting of a series and do a photoshoot with friends
>>
>>10183077
Both days. Saturday as Fenris from Dragon age and Sunday as Caduceus from Critical Role.
Probably gonna spend ~100 ish euros on food/artist alley/etc.
>>
>>10176519
I never got the appeal of cosplay guest.
What makes you excited about seeing them at a con?
>>
Is the japanease garden open for everyone? I never went there so i'm curious
>>
>>10183845
It is open for everyone. Many cosplayers just meet at the park and don't have a ticket for the convention.
>>
Are there any possibilities to go on the toilette in the nordpark?
>>
>>10184348
there is only a small cafe, I would suggest to use the convention if you have a ticket
>>
>>10182466
>I see. But i have the feel that many cosplayer will go to the grassland and stay there longer or will most go?

There will definitely be a number of people hanging out in the so called "Nordpark" right next to the venue.
Aside from that you will find some visitors in the Japanese District around Oststraße/Immermannstraße in Düsseldorf.

>>10182546
> I'm international and wondering how often people pay with card?

At the con itself most people will be carrying enough cash to pay for prints and stuff as EC Card readers are not that common. I don't know how much you'd need to pay to get one for the con, but you need to figure out if its really worth it.

>>10183077
>Which day/s you are there and your cosplay plans
So far I got tickets for Saturday, might get one spontaneously for Sunday. Otherwise I will just chill in the park on Sunday.

>What are your general plans for the con?
Taking pictures and meeting some friends - also I finally managed to get some tickets for the Maid Café.

>How much money du you want to spend and for what
I don't really make plans like that, I will try to keep a lower profile this time but if it happens.. it happens

>>10184348
>Are there any possibilities to go on the toilette in the nordpark?

If you're willing to pay 1-2€ to go to a restroom there is a restaurant in the park.
>>
I'll be there, tabling. I'm a little nervous cause it's my first time in the artist alley since it moved into the big hall.
I'm really curious about how it's gonna affect the sales, because I saw quite a few artists complaining about too many artists = sales dropping

>>10168501
This story is really funny to me because I'm mutuals with her on twitter and she acts nothing like that online. At least from what I've observed.
>>
Wer will sich morgen Fetzen?

16:00 Japanischer Garten im Nordpark ihr Fotzen.

Ich bin die mit dem 2B Cosplay.
>>
Can someone post cosplays? Year after year they got worse and worse, I don't bother going every day anymore
>>10188591
du kriegst am sonntag ne dicke bombe
>>
anybody else here who will be chillin' in the park and laughing about bad cosplays?
>>
>>10189347
I will join you tomorrow anon
>>
>>10176523
I feel like thats incidental. June is the month of the fags after all.
>>
Any afterparties?
>>
ahhhh meine füße tuen weh
>>
>>10189981
Whats your insta
>>
Can we talk about how much of a shit show this years Dokomi was in terms of Organisation and shitty Chinese fake shops?
Like does the Dokomi not have a blacklist? I saw booths which were taken down in previous yrs being back selling fakes all over again. I don’t mind a few of these Chinese cheap items sellers, cause every con needs nekomimi and other trashy weeb stuff. But selling replicas and obvious fake merchandise is a huge nono.
>>
>>10190360
What you mean in regards to organization?
>>
>>10190360
Agree 100%.
The organization was a mess.
"Dokomi 2019: You'll love to wait everywhere!"
>>
>>10190360
How's the vibe on Dokomi nowadays? It's been a while since my last time there and while numbers indicate a consistent growth every year I've heard it's been becoming worse.
>>
>>10190443
it was actually amazing. Many people, but bot too full, good guests and the artist alley is amazing. Even the gaming area was quite a sight this year. Also the mainstage was impressive.

>>10190360
If you saw something, you could report it and they would take care of it. I saw how a booth even got taken down, who looked fake. Not sure if it was because of bootleg though, but if so that would be quite satisfying.

Best part of the con: the dancing music crowd yesterday i nthe courtyard
>>
>>10190509
The replica/fake spotter team consists of exactly ONE person and I had to wait until Sunday noon until she had the time to come out. They need more people for this job especially more people with a little more knowledge.
Also it pisses me off that they don’t seem to have a blacklist? A booth that has been taken down last year for selling 100% fake items was back this year and even bigger than before.
Even the two shops I reported had to take down their stuff not for the first time in their Dokomi history. And I saw them just putting the stuff back on the table after a few minutes past.
>>
I dunno I liked it, me and the bois ran around in mathcing JoJo T-shirts, if you saw us, blessed be your day. It'll be cosplays next year.
>>
>>10192754
Who will you cosplay? I really was surprised with the amount of JoJo cosplayers, i always thought it wqs only really really popular in japan so it made me really happy to see all these people
>>
>>10192796
I will cosplay Mista, since I was wearing his T-shirt anyways. My friends will go as Bruno and Abbacchio. SHoutout to that female Mista who recognized me the second day, best Mista on that con.
>>
Liked it overall, disco was great. Gaming was fine. I had access to a VIP ticket so lines weren't a big concern. However, the white stage was instantly full for eurocos.

Any fags heading for Aikon? I thinks it's Dokomi light hiding under the cover of LGBT.
>>
>>10194576
>aikon
Never heard of it before. Where is the con being held and, since you mentioned lgbt, what is it about?
>>
>>10194578
ai-kon.de
It's basically the project of Andreas Degen I think. Since he is LGBT. It basically the akiba dreams company trying to cash in stronger on a somewhat core audience.

However since it has most of dokomi staff and tech behind it, it might be worth it.

I am not much of lgbt but I think it's okay for binaries as well.
>>
>>10194581
Not lgbt too but I love traps.
Is the Aikon something for trap fans?
>>
>>10196324
Possibly. Hoping that as well.
>>
>>10196324
I'm pretty sure it is
>>
A pool and a bonfire at Aikon? That's actually quite a sweet idea, haven't seen this done at a convention yet.

Just hope the weather plays along. But if it does, I'm pretty hyped now!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.