[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Previous Thread: >>10114002

Did A-Kon convince any gulls to buy a badge since the location announcement? What made you change your mind?
>>
File: howdy dog.jpg (117 KB, 1242x1226)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>
>>10166692
Think I'm going to have to pass. I really dont want to pay $100 to eat shitty sandwiches. Plus too hot. I'll just go to a cute spot with my boyfriend instead since I really only care about lolita not the other crap there.
>>
I bought one before the announcement, so not technically. I'm still going, but it'll be only in shirts/open shirt costumes and sun screen. Also, protein bars instead of shitty food. Just have to have them not melt.
>>
>>10166692
Was really disappointed by the hotel-situation. I still plan on getting a badge just to check out a-kon this year, but no hotel for me. I just wanna cosplay and have a good time.. Sad about not being able to have a hotel party, but I'm gonna go ahead and check out the after-hours stuff going on. Just gonna set my expectations as low as possible to avoid being too disappointed.
>>
>>10166692
>Did A-Kon convince any gulls to buy a badge since the location announcement? What made you change your mind?
Nope. Im not putting up with the hotel situation and the fact that none of the after-hours stuff is in any of the hotels. That plus the heat and long walks that are going to severely limit what costumes I would have worm had I gone.

I'm gonna sit this one out and hope they get a better venue next year.
>>
I gave up on trying to get a refund from A-kon... I'm just gonna do a bank charge back. AM just announced Apink, and the concert is included with the badge... I'm seriously considering going to that instead.
>>
fri was pretty calm. comicpalooza is getting ready for emilia. lots of hot girls and lots of cops. started to hear from guests that many of the volunteers really don't know what they're doing.
>>
They got me, paid $100 for that stupid ass plus upgrade because I’m not going to stand in any lines for my goddamn badge. I’m only going because I had already made concrete plans but unless they move somewhere else next year or lower their damn prices I won’t be back.
>>
they really need to crank that ac. i was just in denim jeans and shirt and it felt humid and warm.
of course the plus side a lot of titty flesh was glistening.

there were people out in the front hall (lobby) just sitting down looking exhausted.

i could just imagine the heat all those cosplayers must've been feeling.

most cosplays this year are:
denku (my hero academia)
ochako (school uniform/superhero outfit)
various incarnations of spiderman/
spider gwen (saw a couple anti venom gwen and 2 gwen carnage)
lots of midnight (by very hot girls).
lots of lebowski thors.

also the parking garage was filled up by 10am (the one on polk next to grb).
>>
How was Dallas Fan Expo for those that went?

I was on the fence about going, then completely forgot about it last week.
>>
>>10167279
Kind of boring. I had a free weekend pass but only went for a day.
I like western stuff but there was not much to do but shop.
>>
>>10167279
Pretty boring desu. I only go bc it’s suoer close to me. I mostly just spent the weekend doing photoshoots, looking at the dealers hall, and went to one really boring panel.
>>
>>10167006
I don't know how many times we told people last thread not to bother getting anything from A-Kon. They're never going to refund you and come June it'll suddenly be too late.

I'm going to A-Kon but I'm just buying my badge there instead of pre-registering if my panel isn't moved from the waitlist. Anyone know when we're supposed to hear about that by the way?
>>
>>10166692
how early in advance do I need to prepare for A-Kon?
Is it pretty standard?
>>
>>10167507
Show up drunk on Saturday with a Friday pass with a sailor skirt, a green wig (deku style) and probably some cat ears. Wear one of the Naruto cloaks for a shirt.
>>
>>10167624
I would like a real answer, pretty please.
>>
>>10167796
You mean like hotel wise? You probably have extra time this year since there is not central hotel. Surely something in the general area will be open.
>>
>>10167808
Nah, I can just drive, I'm close to Dallas. I meant if I had to buy the tickets like a month in advance or if you can buy at the door. I'm not sure if I will be in the area yet.
>>
>>10167811
They have never sold out that I am aware of and a lot of people are sitting out due to all the ...stuff.
You should be fine at the door.
>>
File: 7cXokhW.png (95 KB, 608x666)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>10167796
>>10167811
What >>10167814 said. I'd have suggested getting there early or getting an enhanced or mailed pass if it was at the other location again, but right now? I'll be amazed if they do half as good as last year.

The problem about driving is going to be the possible break ins and shit, but hey, this is how all cons go I guess.

Really hope it's not there next year, I'm just going to watch it possibly all fail.
>>
>>10167911
Might be safer to park at a Dart station in a safer area and just ride it in.
>>
>>10167814
>lot of people are sitting out due to all the ...stuff.
uh... what "stuff"?
>>
>>10167945
The changing of the owner and all the stuff that has come along with it. Like it being at Fair Park, etc. Read the last thread if you don't know what I am referring to.
>>
>>10167964
Is it still recommended? or is there anything better in texas this summer?
>>
>>10167966

Don't know yet. If you want a more standard con experience you can do AFest a little later.
I am excited for Akon though because it will either be spectacularly bad (read: fun to talk about later) or real fun, I think.
If you are only doing one and are afraid of it just do Afest. It is a little less of a party con in my experience, but maybe you are into that.
>>
If A-kon makes it to next year I will be shocked. Dozens of friends are canceling this year. It is going to see a massive tank. I don't know how it'll survive if they stay at Fair Park.
>>
>>10167966
I'm personally just postponing my yearly con trip a few months and going to Oni-con instead. But that's because this was going to be my first year at A-Kon and Oni-con hits all the beats from previous cons that I enjoyed most.
>>
>>10167020
Went Saturday
I agree with everything you said.
Most of the volunteers were laughably underprepared.
The cosplay contest was a disaster. It started half an hour late and the sound booth couldn't get anyones music right for at least the first half hour (I left after that)
Lots of attractive people there and most of them were even friendly when asked for a picture.
>>
Matsuri should change its name to Anime Microtransactions.

You better open that wallet wide open to meet anyone there.
>>
Hows the Austin lolita community? Is there one?
>>
>>10168863
austin lolita comm is nonexistent, it's mostly mixed in with san antonio lolitas.

most of them do multiple j-fashions, so their activity is lacking
>>
I'm pretty new to this whole scene.
What are the cons that are worth going to in Texas?
>>
>>10169725
Depends what you like. What are your interests? Partying, guests, lolita, cosplay?
>>
>>10169744
The one con I've been to, I really enjoyed the people. Seeing costumes, taking pictures with them, talking with people...
The celebrity guests I could take or leave.
Lolita is fun to look at, but not something I'm interested in doing.
Partying is hit or miss for me.
>>
Uh when were we supposed to hear about waitlisted panels from A-Kon again? Are they just casually missing another deadline?
>>
>>10169888
Akon is good for cosplay usually, but that is a little up in the air after this year's weird situation. Bonus, usually they have good concerts. I am meh on this years bands, though.
Afest usually has good industry guests and a more chill atmosphere. To the point it can be a little dead in the party area, but if that doesn't bother you there is good cosplay.
Don't bother with ANT unless you are into that idol stuff. Really expensive and not much to do.
Ikkicon was fun, but I am from Dallas and have mixed feelings on if it is worth traveling in for. I would say it is worth it if you live in that area.
>>
>>10169913
ANT is free this year, anon...
>>
>>10169939
Did we ever figure out what's happening with that? They still advertise the paid tickets on their site and social media.
>>
Is anime matsuri worth going to this year if I live in houston?
>>
>>10169939
This is cool. I might go if the tickets are free. It was like $60 for a one day last year. One of my friends ghosted easily, but I didn't feel right doing that.
>>
>>10169941
con is free. raffle is not. idk. it's weird.
>>
>>10169986
No.
>>
>>10169939
where on their website does it talk about it being free? I'm probably a blind idiot.
>>
>>10170433
Go to the registration
>>
What would you guys say are the “busiest” days of Akon? It’d be Friday and Saturday right? I’m trying to make my cosplay plans but I rly don’t remember
>>
>>10170510
Friday and Saturday, yeah. Thursday is wait in line for your badge day and Sunday is wind down day.
>>
>>10169986
You have options other than AM. Delta-H, Magical Girl Day, and if you're willing to drive a little, Oni-Con in Galveston.
>>
>>10168343
i was told to come back at 1 to see if more autographs were going to be sold for emilia, came back and then they tell me to get in line (fucking huge), and they were waiting already for 2 hrs. i asked why they didn't tell me when i asked at 11 and they just shrugged their shoulders.
all the volunteers were clueless. many were being trained on the spot (celeb booths) about how to mark down an autograph, combo, or selfie and to ask customers if they wanted the 'authentic comicpalooza' sticker for an extra 10 bucks'.
>>
>>10166692
I opted for AWA this year. The location change and a con chair that looks like he can't tell a Bulbasaur from a bakugan just murdered my mood
>>
File: received_640576026358698.png (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>10169986
Only if you want to support a predator beloved
>>
Going to AnimeCTX for shits and giggles. It was a little dull last year but with it being an extended weekend, I'm down to drink and not take it all that seriously.
>>
Panic
>>
A-kon in 39 days. Anyone else starting to get worried?
>>
>>10172495
Yeah. I'm on the panel wait list and kind of would like some heads up on if I'm in or not so I can start planning this thing. I know in the past schedules have not went out until right next to the con but panelists have always known well in advance whether we'd be in or not. I get why the old head stepped down but I kinda wish she hadn't done that. I feel bad for the new people. There's no way they're prepared for something on this scale.
>>
>>10168863
There were three events this weekend alone anon. They're pretty active as far as comms go

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.