[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I have always wanted to try out working with latex, but never been able to find any designs beside the plugsuits from NGE that could work. What character designs is there that would look good with latex as the material?
>>
Off the top of my head:
>A hundred different comic book characters I don't know the names of
>Celty
>Widowmaker
>A bunch of BNHA girls - Camie, Ochako, Tsuyu, Mt Lady
>Samus
>Anyone from Gantz
>Bunnysuits can look really nice in latex, look up bunnysuit anime figures
>02 while she's relevant

Basically any character you've seen one of those awful printed suits for would like 10x better in latex imo
>>
>>10159222
man, latex is tough to work with but the pay-off is awesome if you manage to get the hang of it. I'd like to figure it out one of these days, there's good money in it if you have the skills.
>>
>>10159260
Definitely, right now there's only a few sellers out there who work with it but a ton of people wanting to wear it, especially with how many popular bodysuit characters there have been in the last few years.

Actually just got my first latex cosplay so this thread is wonderfully timed. It's tricky to wear, and I'm still not sure how I'm gonna handle undergarments and whatnot lol. But it looks great and feels like nothing else I've ever worn, I'm really psyched for it!
>>
>>10159282
>undergarments
If your latex isn't sheer, don't wear any.
>>
>D.Va
>Tracer's leggings
>Any and all manner of comic book characters.
>The parasite suits from Darling?
>Futaba's Metaverse suit from Persona 5 (pic included)
>Actually, a small chunk of the Persona Metaverse costumes could be latex; at least, the girls from P5 would work.
>>
>>10160216
Came here to post this, Ann’s is a big one too. Makoto and Kasumi’s, too. The only girl I can think of that wouldn’t be good is Haru.
>>
File: melone bland.jpg (182 KB, 648x1047)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>10159211
maybe if you don't to do a full on suit you could do Melone frome jjba
>>
>>10160390
di moooolto!
>>
>>10159211
i actually bought a latex suit for Shiro from DW that I fucking love. It might help that cloth or zentai versions of her suit look really cheap IMO though.
>>
>>10160216
Eh, I feel like D.va’s suit reads too much like a knit fabric. Those other ideas would be very interesting though...
>>
I'm convinced Birdy's suit is supposed to be latex but people only ever wear printed bodysuits or leotards despite the suit being full body with a clear latexy sheen to it.
>>
>>10161252
Latex is expensive, printed lycra isn't. But yeah this would look nice in latex, with the skin tone areas being transparent.
>>
>>10160500
can you post a seller, please? the only one maker working with latex is AndromedaLatex and his queue is always full
>>
>>10159211
Are there published patterns for these?
>>
>>10160975
D.Va is more spandex/spandex-mix.
Spandex is the one thing you have to think of when projects that might involve latex.

Particularly since people actually wear spandex.
>>
>>10161653
i'm a gremlin who bought it from the place EVERYONE on another latex thread warned against-- latexcatfish. i was really pleased with it, and the impulse suit i custom commissioned from them though but hey I've only worn two suits, I'm no expert :0 I could try and dig up some photos of me in it if you're curious about how good or shitty it looks to the average viewer
>>
>>10162578
NAYRT but wanted to chime in for other anon, I literally just received a suit from latexcatfish this past week lol. I'm pleased with mine as well, though it's my first suit and I've heard from lots of others that compared to other companies it's cheap, so if you're more familiar with higher quality latex you'd notice a difference.
Also forewarning that you should ask them for a time estimate before ordering, then be sure to hold them to it. My suit took about three months, I've heard others' orders taking five or so.
But I'm still glad I went through with it! It's very comfy, seems to fit well, and my customizations were done correctly!
>>
>>10161252
I am pretty sure Birdy's outfit in Decode is literally stuck to her body so it makes sense that people just make it a full suit.
>>
ok facts about latex.
1. its hot inside. so dont expect to get much in the way of a cool breeze.
2. it tears super fucking easy. a single rounded edge can slice it open without even trying.
3. it does not keep. we had some latex stockings, but when she pulled them out of the box they had been in the very tips of the toes had melted and fused together. we clipped them and the heels to make them more "airy' and they still worked, but again after no use for like 4 months they kinda fused back together again. if your gonna keep and store them, use something that can wear it for you.
4. while there is about 1000 characters that look great when you do them in latex. you gotta be built for it. so do them crunches.
5. and this is more a pro tip then anything else. use a costume that has latex elements. having some areas that use latex and some spots that use fish net/spandex/and lycra. aim for comfort first and function third.
>>
>>10163175
#3 is why I've heard that after washing you should powder the inside before you pack it away, and to use tissue paper (the wrapping kind) to separate layers when folding. Is that not enough?
>>
>>10163170
It is a full bodysuit, yes. But then you should use transparent or skin coloured latex, the thing is shiny on purpose to show she's not nude.
>>
>>10163175
for 5#, how do you assemble lycra/ fabric with latex ? You just glue it to the latex, it will not rip ?
>>
>>10163324
The contact cement should hold it, it's a really fucking strong adhesive
>>
>>10163196
Pretty sure it's not transparent. It has spaces in it and the actual parts of it are stuck to her body. The only reason it might be shiny sometimes is her skin is just shiny sometimes. Anime does that.
>>
>>10163348
I didn't know you could use contact cement, thank you !
>>
>>10163947
That's the glue that is usually used to assemble latex garments
>>
>>10163350
Not to powerlevel about dumb shit but you get to see how she puts it on in episode 1, it's a full-body spacesuit with transparent bits.
>>
>>10163175
Latex maker here, some of your "facts" are totally off...

#2: it does not tear that easy. However, if you skimp on quality and get the cheap shit, it will. High quality latex is very strong, and although can still puncture and tear on sharp objects, it will hold up great to regular use. You do admittedly have to be more careful than regular materials, but it'll be fine.

#3: it does keep, what you described is the result of improper storage. You have to wash the latex after each wear (obviously, because it gets nasty) and SHOULD put some sort of conditioner in the water when you wash. I use VIVIshine as both my shine and conditioner. It seems counterintuitive to shine it before storage, but this adds an extra layer of protection to your material and keeps it from sticking/fusing. Wash your garments in cold water with dish soap, rinse all soap off, then re-wet them in water with a capful of VIVIshine , hang to dry, and regularly check to make sure parts aren't sticking together when drying. Once it's entirely dry, baby power the insides and any sections that will be sticking together and wrap in clean/undyed tissue paper. Store in a dry place out of sunlight and it'll last years. My current oldest piece is from 2009 and looks and feels just like the day I got it.

>>10163348
You cannot assemble fabrics to latex with just rubber cement, it'll come apart easily. What you have to do is "paint" a section with liquid latex, let it dry completely, and then you can rubber cement over that section to fuse it to the latex. The liquid latex goes into the fabric stitches and ruins them as it should by coating them with latex, this allows for it to act as if it was also a section of latex and take the glue.
>>
>>10159211
>What character designs is there that would look good with latex as the material?
Ladybug.

The black circles are easy enough but the hex pattern is hard. So far only one has done Ladybug in latex.
>>
>>10159211

God, i would rather die than wear an entirely latex cosplay suit. No offense to any latex fans here. I get that some of you really like the sheen and look and it might be a fetish for you. Thats cool.

Just personally, i would never do it. Most body suit cosplays are really simple and dont get much attention. Making that body suit out of latex would add an unnecessary amount of discomfort for small payout. I cant imagine how much you would sweat wearing one at AX in the 112° heat. And then no one takes your pic cuz theres like 1000+ other body suit cosplayers and youre sweating so much your wig gets stuch and matted to your forehead
>>
>>10159211
2199 suits
>>
File: 64731.jpg (105 KB, 800x456)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>10159211
stuff from the Leiji Matsumoto universe
>>
File: fru3471-a.png (463 KB, 468x600)
463 KB
463 KB PNG
>>10159211
a lot of stuff worn by an alien character before changing into earth clothing.
>>
>>10163175
>>10164047
How did you guys get started working with latex? Do you pattern your latex garments similar to how you'd pattern knits?
>>
>>10165913
>>10164047 here
I got started as just a fun alternative to regular garment construction and ended up loving it. If you have a basic knowledge of pattern drafting/construction, then that will go a long way. The only main difference I found is that you want to have your end measurements be identical to the body measurements, so don't make them tighter or leave any slack for fit. You will also have to draft your patterns slightly different in that when you do seams you do wrong side over right side vs. right side against right side, but really anything else is basically the same.
>>
These are always always ALWAYS fetish bait threads. There's a latex thread over on /s/ if you want to fap.
>>
>>10164044
it's parts attached to her body, at least in decode

but I think the cosplay would look better to do it the way you're talking about
>>
The panty-shot anime Aika would also have some fitting clothing.
>>
>>10166695
and anything illustrated by Satoshi Urushihara is bound to have some shininess.
>>
>>10166698
>>
File: 1.jpg (1.9 MB, 2322x4128)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
>>10166706
Some parts vocaloid outfits would also seem the most correct using the material rather than a textile .. especially this one.
>>
File: 61cX6M1nxxL._SX425_.jpg (26 KB, 425x472)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>10166710
ah, wanted to write some parts of the outfits would seem more correct using rubber than when using a textile. (accidentally posted before correcting the text)
>>
>>10165825
>God, i would rather die than wear an entirely latex cosplay suit.
It does take a lot of confidence. Experience shows that when in latex people will not register your face. Strange, that...
>No offense to any latex fans here. I get that some of you really like the sheen and look and it might be a fetish for you. Thats cool.
A straw poll suggests most wear latex for the looks, by far.

>>10166064
>These are always always ALWAYS fetish bait threads.
Not necessarily.
>There's a latex thread over on /s/ if you want to fap.
I see it has been running for years.
>>
File: MirTalLadybug.jpg (528 KB, 2514x1324)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>10159211
>What character designs is there that would look good with latex as the material?
Indubitably Ladybug. The costume is high gloss and tight fitting.
>>
File: Bunnix_Future.png (662 KB, 1280x720)
662 KB
662 KB PNG
>>10169027
Bunnix (same show) also looks very good for latex. Hard to find good pictures yet but the design is very smooth and shiny.
>>
>>10159211
How does one get into making these? I am brand new to this and I would like to make this my hobby. Is there is a starter kit of some sort? Is it usually expensive?
>>
>>10180342
dunno.
but maybe try here?
https://kinkengineering.com/large-craft-kit/
>>
>>10180342
never made any but looked into it for curiosity, maybe this site could help

makinglatexclothing.com/getting-started/
>>
>>10166054
If your still there anon, what type of latex do you use to coat mesh ? Like sfx liquid latex or a more specific type for sewing?
>>
If you need inspiration, https://www.instagram.com/purplemuffinz/ has been creating lots of cosplay using latex.
>>
>>10167259
Bought three latex suits and loved the look but i refused to wear them for a moment longer than the duration of a photoshoot because they're uncomfortable so yes. looks all the way at least for me
>>
>>10181764
I use regular liquid latex, Mehron is my go to. Before you can do anything with it it needs to dry completely, go totally clear. Any wet liquid latex will ruin your attempted bond.
>>
>>10182858
Thank you very much
>>
>>10182785
>uncomfortable
That depends of if or how you lubricate them. If you do it right, you can wear it for a day.
>>
File: EmpCosplay.jpg (222 KB, 576x917)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>10180342
As an alternative you can also apply liquid latex, pic. related.
>>
is it possible to wear a body shapper under latex ? Or does it compress the body a little ? One day I would like to try it but I'm scared it will show cellulite.
Also Ive seen you can buy opaque glittery latex but is it possible to apply glitter on sheer/clear latex ? The number of effect you can make seem insane !
>>
samus suit
>>
>>10159211
>I have always wanted to try out working with latex, but never been able to find any designs beside the plugsuits from NGE that could work

Were you born retarded or did you acquire brain damage at some point in your life?

There's dozens of of designs/characters that wear latex...pull your head out of your ass
>>
>>10159282
>Definitely, right now there's only a few sellers out there who work with it but a ton of people wanting to wear it, especially with how many popular bodysuit characters there have been in the last few years.

Quite the opposite, fool. There's WAY more latex costumes being manufactured than there are people wanting to wear them.
>>
>>10159282
Not true; there are many sellers for every single person willing to cosplay in latex. Do your fucking research
>>
Latex is great for cosplay. I could recommend you try something simple first. A catsuit is cumbersome if you don't know what you are doing.
>>
I have been interested in using latex for cosplays but have not dared to try a full catsuit. I wanted to try something simpler first and created this (pic related). It might not be very fitting the character but it's a start. Alice Margatroid is the character.

The picture is terribly lit but it shows the general idea.
>>
File: Bunnix.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>10209040
If you like blue and white you could try Bunnix. I don't think anyone has done her so far. Since you prefer some anonymity you might appreciate Bunnix uses a mask.
>>
File: Yoko_and_Kittan.jpg (150 KB, 1024x1415)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
Someday when I deem my tits to be saggy enough to be put on a massive fake stuffing shelf I really want to comission this space bullshit in latex.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.