[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 28 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

Do you cosplay with your significant other?
Do you mach cosplays/Lolita ?
What do they think of you cosplaying/Lolita if they don't?
>>
>>10126853
Made the first kinda couple cosplay with my gf last month (Goblin Slayer and Priestess) and it was really enjoyable. Took us half a year but now we already got lots more planned
>>
File: sandy feel.jpg (319 KB, 1280x574)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>10126853
>your significant other
>>
I love chatting with couples at cons. So many cheating girlfriends looking for a reason to meet up.
>>
My hubby and I have cosplayed together and won a few prizes at small cons, but since cgl has a big stick up its ass about MLP content, I can't post them here.
>>
i wish my bf would cosplay with me but he is overweight and insecure rip
>>
File: apu question.jpg (61 KB, 741x568)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
How do I acquire a cosplayer gf?
>>
>>10127305
Go to cons and be attractive
>>
How do I acquire a cosplayer bf?
>>
>>10127339
You’re a girl, literally just have a hole
>>
My boyfriend was willing to cosplay with me last Novermber, in a small LoTR group with some friends. It was nice - it was his first or second convention and first cosplay and over all it was a nice experience to cosplay together. The convention was shit though, unfortunately (way too many rude people, or i guess I'm just disillusioned with conventions now...) and we ended up leaving quite early on.
I very much doubt he'd ever wear lolita with me one day (possibly because he's 6'4 and quite broad shouldered.....and also much more into historical reenactment and swordfighting than being pretty).
He dresses nicely when out with me when I'm in lolita though - maybe one day I'll get him into a dandy-ish, or vintagey outfit? He's sticking to button-up shirts for now at least.

On another note, I'm trying out historical reenactment thanks to his interest for it, and started working on a dress (he does the "viking" era, so I figured I'd try that out). It's very fun to walk around med fairs, chat with people, and see him sword fight in armor with his group, and will probably be an even nicer experience when dressed the part, so I'm eager to have that happen this summer.
>>
>>10127339
Be a girl and don’t be weird.
>>
>>10126853
>significant other
Let me just stop you right there.
>>
>>10127358
Have sex
>>
My gf and I cosplay together ama
>>
>>10127451
How'd you two meet? How do I convince my SO to cosplay with me? They always say "Oh when (if) I do cosplay I'm going to want it to be really really good" which basically translates to "I'm never going to do it at all because I don't want to spend the effort on it"
>>
File: large.jpg (43 KB, 500x391)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
I wish my bf would cosplay with me so badly. He's only done it once and said he didn't enjoy it. I think it's mostly an insecurity thing, but I try not to push it too much. I'm a little jealous since it was with his ex, but I'm still grateful he gives me lots of encouragement and help with my cosplays. He's very sweet - I just wanna cosplay my shameful OTPs with him.
>>
>>10127458
A Si-Fi convention
>>
>>10127458
>>10127539
>Continued
Convincing you SO to cosplay isn’t exactly an exact science.
Maybe try encouraging them to cosplay media that you both enjoy, be it an anime, video game, movie, tv, ect..
That’s a good start, but you have to get them commit to it, and the best way to do this is to make it a date activity you do together!
>Oh when (if) I do cosplay I'm going to want it to be really really good

Ironically, I remember being just like this with our first couple cosplay, but my gf was actually very supportive and helpful to me with the whole construction process. Now It does takes time and EFFORT, but it’s actually quite enjoyable to work on cosplays together as a couple.
I would start out with easier cosplays and move up from there. ( I say this but my first real undertaking was building a full ass suit of armor rip)
Now in all fairness, my cosplays have never exactly been top tier stuff, and our first couple cosplay was quite an undertaking for a guy with 0% artistic or constructive skill (fucking kill me) but my SO and I bonded over it so it was all worth it really.

I guess all in all, if you’re not going to have fun with the process, you shouldn’t do it; regardless of the outcome.

I hope some of that helps! :)
>>
>>10127538
Cutteeeeee
>>
>>10127538
Replace him?
>>
>>10127538
Maybe let him know about your insecurity around the issue. Also tell him that would mean a lot to you would probably put his rear in gear.

If not dump his ass
>>
>>10127538
My wife and I have cosplayed as these two.
>>
>>10127655
>>10127831
Ahaha, I don't know. When it comes to everything other than this he's a real good guy. He'd never cheat on me or anything and he does a lot of thoughtful things for me. I know it's not like we have to have every hobby in common.

I guess it's mostly a bummer because when it comes to cons/cosplaying we don't have a lot in common. I like meeting new people, having a couple drinks, going to shoots and panels, just sort of making the most out of every con. He gets annoyed in crowds, doesn't drink (not a huge deal y'know but it makes you feel a little awkward when you want to get tipsy), doesn't cosplay, doesn't like me getting too loud or goofy, doesn't like to take pictures together, doesn't dance. Generally he's done for the night at around 11pm while I'm still ready to go. I don't know. I don't want to break up over a hobby, but it's not what I've been used to at cons up until this point. Sorry to get feels-thready lol. I get a bit torn.

>>10128015
I'd love to do some Fate shoots with some of my favorite pairings, it's my favorite series! He'll never do it but he'd get jealous if I ever went through with it with anyone else ahaha.
>>
>really insecure about cosplay
>last time i cosplayed got clowned
>neveragain.jpeg
>meet fiance
>6 cos a con type of woman
>she encourages me to get back into it
>finally do a couple cos with her
>people dont clown me and we actually have a good time
>i end up getting more photo request
>she no longer invites me to do cos with her
>have to ask to join her groups
>usually no
>cosplay characters from same game/show
>doesnt want to take pics with me
>her next five cos dont involve me but she's scrapping for friends to help her

cant tell if i made her hate couples cos or she missed having someone carry her stuff and take her pictures but it hurts
>>
Me and my GF as Gundam MK-II at Hyaku Shiki from megacon a few years ago
>>
>>10129737
More recently in a pair of Girls und Panzer tanks I built for us.
>>
>>10129653
This is actually kind of sad. I'd say you have to have a talk about this because if I had to make a guess, she's jealous of the attention you get/you did something to really piss her off/one of her friends talked her out of doing it and she never verified that rumor with you. I hope you can have fun together again, anon...
>>
>>10129653
Please talk to her about it anon. Seriously, next time the topic of cosplay comes up (literally whenever) just say "Hey, I really enjoyed when we cosplayed ____ together and got to hang out a lot during the con. I'd love if we got to do something together again, I feel like the groups you do with your friends take up a lot of your time during the con and even though we're cosplaying the same thing, we end up not spending much time together. Could we plan something together soon?"
It's awkward and feels shitty but if there's actually a reason at the bottom of this anon, you'll never know unless you bring it up.
>>
>>10129740
>>10129744
it could also be because when I'm in her pics she loses like 10 insta orbiters. I can def tell it hurt her when i got asked for a photo and I have to say "i have second half right here! you want both of us?" and the person just goes "eh sure i guess" i'll try to bring it up again but the convo usually goes

>hey i saw you and friends are gonna be doing earth bound
>yeah we almost got a full party of 3 and 2
>i can be duster or lucas' dad!
>those characters are ugly. no
>but you already have a ness, lucas, po, and jeff
>yup
>....
>>
>>10129653
Leave her bro, she loves attention more than she loves you
>>
>>10129737
>>10129738
Couple goals right here. These are amazing.
>>
My boyfriend and I usually cosplay from the same series together, sometimes as a ship and sometimes just as our favorite characters. We have a lot of series in common but I got him into Fate and he got me into Persona, so we're planning on cosplaying those together too.
>>
I did once, but because I am an idiot, I chose to cosplay siblings! The entire con, I couldn't kiss my SO without feeling weird and he kept teasing me about it! What was I thinking?
>>
>>10126853
>being in a relationship
>ever
Fuck off
>>
>>10129737
>>10129738

damn these are amazing
>>
>>10127538
>tfw husband and I have the perfect height difference to cosplay these two but he doesn't like Archer at all

oh wellll.
>>
>>10126853
>be into sci/armor
>ex was into fantasy/sewing
none of our stuff ever lined up
one year i did war machine and she did mlp stuff
>>
>>10130046
Aren’t you a hateful gull

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.