[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 73 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next 72 hours. Click here to submit your application.

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

File: auracleidols.png (776 KB, 478x599)
776 KB
776 KB PNG
Last thread >>10083863

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w3peD9VtAPM9cuIjYlexb7nHOkUfFs_Fcyv21UYakV4/edit#gid=0

Previously:
-Tokimeki JUMP opens fundraising for their first single
-SRproductions continues releasing voices for their idols
-LL Sunrise's Ruby leaves/is kicked out? for health reasons
-Stellure announces half time performance at Katsucon's cosplay masquerade, two new songs/outfits
-Teya starts a new idol group in Minnesota
-Pizza Pizza

Let's talk group sizes - what do you prefer? Big groups, small groups, soloists? What unique challenges present themselves in groups of different sizes? What's more fun to follow?

Remember not to respond to bait/"why does this thread exist"/etc. Take excessive drama and vendettas to lolcow.

Featured: Auracle Idols
>>
>>10099573
>tiny witch hats
>maid dresses
>striped socks in 2019
What a meme
>>
>>10099589
these look like uniforms from a local maid cafe... even the color scheme is eerily similar.

As for group sizes, I think small groups are the most fun to follow.
>>
>>10099589
They're so cute though
>>
Typically speaking I tend to prefer smaller groups, because they tend to be a lot more synchronized. But if a large group is well in sync then im still down for it! I like soloists as long as they have good presence.
>>
>>10099607
tacky
>>
>>10099589
What's wrong with striped socks?
>>
>>10099625
Aren’t they like a 2000’s era weeb staple
>>
>>10099632
I guess they might be? I've never heard anything bad about them, but they do have an endearing "anime club" vibe lol.
>>
>>10099632
Well that, and for witches, pretty sure stripped socks are standard since that’s what Auracle is going for.
>>
>>10099680
So why the maid outfits
>>
>>10099691
Maybe they were an easy way to coordinate colors, maybe it has something to do with their video release. It's going to be a Valentine's day debut and maids kinda work with that.
>>
>>10099691
Can’t costumes just be cute? Real idols do loose thematic tie-ins all the time. Why does Wasuta wear cat ears even in non cat themed outfits? AKB doesn’t always do school uniform inspired pieces. I think it’s a little unfair to expect Auracle to go full on Mimi solo costume, especially for their first release.
>>
>>10099800
Exactly, it's a cute look, even if it is simple. Let's be honest, we've all seen much worse
>>
>>10099979
Right, and I recognize that this board is made of individuals with their own opinions, but I've definitely seen the criticism here that "why did they try making their stage outfits when they look so bad, they should have bought something simple and coordinating from Bodyline". It's weird to see that expressed so often and then also criticism when a group does exactly that.
>>
>>10099573
How old are they? Are we allowed to talk about them if they’re minors?
>>
>>10099983
>>10099979
>>10099800
The problem is there are two themes going on on top of the striped socks, like why do they need the witch hats too? Or just take the aprons off? It’s just weeb overkill. But all idols are weeby.
>>
>>10099983
Making their own costumes is like the one thing that keeps these threads board relevant. There should more attempts.
>>
>>10099985
Okay honestly I didn't expand and didn't even notice the little witch hats. They seem a little random yeah.
>>
>>10099984
They aren't
>>
>>10099985
That’s just the way most idol outfits are. Maid+witch isn’t even that weird a combo. Just think of all the costumes with random cat ears
>>
>>10100060
Cat ears are not the same.
This outfit is hideous
>>
>>10099691
I'd like to know this, too. I do maid cafés and the girls that are obsessed with being idols are always a nightmare to work with. What's the correlation between idols and cafes?
>>
>>10100065
Most maid cafés include performances from the maids, so having some singing and dancing skills are a big boost.
>>
File: wasuta costume.jpg (284 KB, 470x705)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>10100063
This outfit was featured in AKB's museum of iconic idol costumes. Normal clothing rules don't apply to performance wear, especially for idol designs
>>
>>10100077
I guess I thought there might be more to it than that, but thanks. Guess it makes sense, the idol girls always seem to only care about having content to post to their social media and whining about wanting a solo performance. You'd think that it wouldn't be that big of a problem, but most get very disrespectful when they don't get their way.
>>
>>10099985
You’ve got to be a lolita baiting. As another lolita, just because our fashion looks bad when themes are mixed doesn’t mean that stage costumes will be the same way. It’s not about being perfectly matchy-matchy, it’s about having a cute outfit you can dance in.
>>
>>10100063
It is. It’s a common opinion among fans. The blazer version is okay but not by much.
>>
>>10100155
Damn, I personally loved this outfit
>>
>>10100133
Nope not a lolita. Just an anon with an opinion.
>>
>>10100187
Same here! Mixed tartan is always a cool look
>>
>>10100215
I’d actually like to apologize for getting a little heated. I respect your opinion, and hope you share the same feelings! So yeah, I’m sorry about that. It’s all too easy to forget about individuality on here.
>>
Opinions on Tambourine's Kaz's gravure Instagram account?
>>
>>10099697
I'm with you anon nothing says Valentines day like continuing to ignore your wife to sleep with your maid. I don't mind the costumes I just thought maids = Valentine's day was hilarious.
>>
With Valentine's day less than a week away, should we post some couple covers for inspiration?
>>
>>10100358
I mean it's her body so she can do whatever she wants I guess
>>
Pizza Pizza is released - https://honeyhime.bandcamp.com/album/pizza-pizza-by-pizzayolo
>>
>>10101025
I have to admit, it's kinda catchy
>>
>>10100358
Her body isn't bad but her face is kinda manly looking especially with the short hair so it feels weird.
>>
With the popularity of Love Live in Japan, do weebs make their own school idol groups over there too?
>>
File: SPH_20171004_1.jpg (196 KB, 550x333)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>10101054
I don't know about at the high school level, but there is a competition for college idol groups called UNIDOL (university idol). The competing groups are teams representing their school.
>>
I need help searching for a video. one of the first odottemita videos that I watched had a girl dancing wearing a school-like uniform (white shirt and red plaid skirt) and cat ears and tail. the video was pretty popular but i don't remember the title. someone else know what i'm talking about?
>>
>>10101080
wait i found it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiopHj_VHhg
the original video might have been deleted though
>>
>>10100358
As far as Im aware, she's only posted the one photo on her account. The other account is the photographer she credited in her photo, who, I guess, has only shot her so far.
>>
Any recommendations of net-idols that make or design their own outfits? I follow meotashi but of course her construction is... questionable...
>>
>>10101106
I do like designing but have never actually had the funds or talent to make my own. My only suggestion is to think of how practical the design is. For example, don’t make or wear something that could overheat a person or weigh them down.
>>
>>10101113
Ah, I didn't want advice, I just wanted to follow other people. I'm not any kind of idol myself, but I do love sewing and seeing other people sew gets me inspired.
>>
>>10101124
Oh sorry! I misread.
>>
>>10101106
I know Peachy Parade made their pink uniforms, I imagine they have plans to make more outfits too.
>>
Natalie's giveaway for Mint Pink is halfway over and only one person's entered. Can't believe more people aren't jumping at the chance to own those idolsonas and a song like that.
>>
>>10101106
Danzoo Dash makes their own uniforms, I think they livestream the process sometimes. And Risa Rose has a sewing highlight up, although it hasn’t been updated in ages. Like another anon mentioned, Peachy has made their own stuff before, and I know Honey Hime has original costumes. Ice Qream has some originals, too.
>>
>>10101350
I hope this is scarcasm and not natalie selfposting
>>
>>10101350
Half of the fun of making your own idol group is being able to make creative decisions like what you'll wear and what your persona is. If you want to make idol groups for the sake of making idol groups that's up to you. But I honestly don't know anyone out there who wants to start a group but doesn't want any creative input on it

Sorry Natalie
>>
Did anyone here audition for mosuri? I saw on their story that they sent out emails
>>
>>10101350
Song is one thing, but like others said making the idolsona is part of the fun. I’d also understand if Natalie was actually good at music (which she isn’t).
>>
>>10101454
>>10101456

I should have used the /s tag, my bad lmao
>>
Has anyone seen this? Teya's new group did an intro video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_GTSenaCg
>>
>>10101054

We had a high school club be a cover group. They did pretty well and lasted until the founding members graduated and disbanded the group with holding a disbanding concert vs a quiet disbanding online.
>>
>>10101952
Wow some big dreams if they're talking about .Bless and five years from now lol
>>
>>10099573
They look really uncomfortable in those stupid ass "kawaii ugu" poses.
>>
Here's some recent stuff for discussion:

Parfait Party - "UFO": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nTogCeLV8

Melancholiaah - "Re-sublimity": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZHFbAiUys

Ice Qream - "Maidreamin": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpk59ijJAL0

Snow Fairies - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwvsBCpxJZ0

Citrus Idol Project - "Pure Girls Project": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBSaLieDGQU
>>
>>10090094
I wanted to do a song/dance cover of Aitakatta but would I get ragged on if I do the MNL48 version
>>
File: thizurun.jpg (258 KB, 1200x1198)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>10101106
@yellou.id (Instagram) is a costume designer for Indonesian idols (like LuSca).
And, not original but just in case you'd be interested, @thizurun (Instagram/Twitter) makes some beautiful Aikatsu! costumes.

>>10101025
I like it overall but the vocals sound... inconsistent in quality? It's not as noticeable when they're singing together, but solo some of the voices sound very autotuned.

>>10099573
>Let's talk group sizes - what do you prefer? Big groups, small groups, soloists? What unique challenges present themselves in groups of different sizes? What's more fun to follow?
I tend to follow smaller groups (I consider small groups to be 5 or less people) and soloists as it's easier to become more familiar with them as individuals. It also seems easier for a group to maintain higher quality and standards if there are less members to manage.
>>
ngl why does Seishun Youth Academy never get talked about in these idol threads? They always seem to be up to something and perform lots. They’re even guests at some con in Winnipeg.
>>
>>10102140
Maybe by some people, but probably more would find it neat! I really like the MNL48 version, it's pretty.

>>10102181
Honestly I think it's because they really focus on their local fans and as someone who lives across the country, it's hard to get into them. I really like them and think they're cute, and talented, but they don't upload a lot of performances. I've never been able to find their original song anywhere to listen to. They're also under real Japanese management with professional training, so a lot of the themes of threads like this don't apply to them even though they are "overseas idols".
>>
>>10102018
I'm honestly surprised citrus is trying to make a come back since most of their members have moved on
>>
Are there any other dance group threads? Looking for more kpop/jpop cover but this thread is mostly idol things (no hate lmao, just generally curious) I like idols but I was just wondering if there was more of a dance group specific thread somewhere
>>
>>10102307
Maybe check /jp/. Doesn’t seem to fit anywhere on 4chan which is weird to think about.
>>
>>10102307
That’s what this thread used to be, it’s transitioned more into idol stuff though somehow
>>
>>10102307
I mean the tread is titled "net-idol/odottemita/dance cover group" so with a little comprehension and problem solving skills, you should be able to figure it out
>>
>>10102307
To be fair most overseas idol groups are just dance cover groups who just use the name idol
>>
>>10102661
yep but all everyone talks about are idols and as soon as kpop cover groups is brought up its ignored. no need to be an ass, it was just a question.
>>
>>10102733
Not necessarily. Most overseas idols (at least on the oic database) both sing and dance.
>>
>>10103016
I'm talking the ones outside the database
>>
>>10102885
K-pop is garbage, unoriginal american music sung in korean and hip-hop choreography so its not our fault if we ingore shit
>>
>>10103051
God you’re a faggot, I’m not crazy about kpop either but it’s not like jpop weeaboo infantile shit with bad production value is any better. We’re all nerds who like garbage here.
>>
>>10103051

Lol okay, what a fucking asshole, get over your little "kpop is dumb only jpop is good" we not gonna do that stuff here.
>>
>>10103064
Never said jpop was better but keep going, I'm amused
>>
>>10103081
>kpop is garbage so we ignore it
>we acknowledge jpop because it is not garbage and thus is better than garbage
Dumbass, now stop replying
>>
>>10102018
Anyone looking forward to the likely influx of Valentines covers? What do you think will be overdone this year?
>>
>>10103341
I'm pumped, i love seeing cute girls do cute things. Probably won't watch all the tons of Mogyutto Love de Sekkin Chu covers that are inevitable, but I'm excited for everything else.
>>
>>10103341
I’m excited this is the cutest time of year for dance covers
>>
>>10103341

Mogyutto is dated. Shoujo iyo ga Koi Shitai is where its at.
>>
>>10103109
... both are great but go off I guess.
>>
>>10103464
Not really. I think that Mogyutto is still pretty cute. All the Valentines should be covered because oof. They’re so good.
>>
I did Mogyutto with a group once and it was just as boring to dance as it is to watch. Sometimes I even struggle to call it a dance because so much of it is just posing while another part of the group does something for 8 counts.
>>
>>10103501
I love mogyutto as a song but the dance is a bit of a let down for this exact reason
>>
https://youtu.be/lpyQBglUchY

The song sounds cute in Japanese! I’m not a big fan of the English version. Also, am I the only one who feels like their releases are becoming crowded? I get it’s meant to be in all 3 languages and such but wow. I don’t think there’s a need to include all the acappellas too. I also wish they’d do more story work. That’s the one thing people are actually waiting for and it’s just not coming.
>>
>>10103651
I remember them saying they're still working on something like a novel for the story. I also think they include the acapellas for people that want to remix their music.
>>
>>10103651
Thanks for sharing this! Somehow I'd forgotten to follow Interlunium so I missed what they've been up to lately. I'm excited that this is a solo album, although there's a lot of characters to make them for. I hope the project lasts that long. Including acapellas seems fine because it doesn't really take any extra production value to include, and I'm sure there are a few fans that will want to hear them.
>>
Anyone know what happened to genki girls??? I know they disbanded but why
>>
>>10103866
They’re supposed to perform at Katsu I thought
>>
>>10103352
That song was released on valentines day so yeah.
>>
>>10103478
>>10103868
...am I living in a clown world where people have split personality disorders and can’t read or something
>>
File: yui.jpg (150 KB, 752x752)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
What's the consensus on the term "net idol" as opposed to "overseas idol?" I always thought they were sort of interchangeable, both essentially meaning "amateur (Japanese-pop-inspired?) idol."

And unrelated, but would it be a good idea to include this playlist of original music in the OP of future threads?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfmgukQM2isUtJJZz1MY4Jn4zPcbl0wDU

>>10103352
>>10103385
>I'm pumped, i love seeing cute girls do cute things.
>I’m excited this is the cutest time of year for dance covers
Hell yeah!

Quite a few of Yui Ogura's songs are pretty sweet and lovey-dovey, so a cover of one would be nice to see.
>>
>>10103866
I found this on one of the girls stories. Could have to do with that.

>>10104269
>I always thought they were sort of interchangeable
Because they kind of are but not exactly. Think of it as the whole square vs rectangle argument. You can (although incorrectly) call a square a rectangle because parallel sides have equal lengths, but you can’t call a rectangle a square because not all the sides are the same length. Net idols are overseas idols, but some overseas idols (similarly to Stellure or Chirigirls) are promoting primarily outside of the internet and there for are not net idols.
>>
>>10104323
Does anyone else find that anime idol larp speak so many people use annoying? “I’ll work hard!” type shit is so cringe to me. Like we all know you do this for yourself not to please others like animu girls do.
>>
>>10104338
I mean, do you not want them working hard? I don't get the gripe here. "I'll do my best" is a very common theme in the idol industry, it's not just an anime thing. And no matter where you are in the world, putting on a good performance takes effort, even if you're not a "real" idol. Let's not shit all over someone's good intentions and motivation.
>>
>>10104338

I know exactly what you're talk about; the cavity inducing sweet speak which no one can possibly maintain in their normal lives all day every day. Everyone has to poop at some point, and everyone is going to get pissed if someone cuts in line or knocks your drink out of your hand. Stop giving the illusion that you fart pixie dust, it makes me harder to believe that you're a relatable human being who has bad days too.

I know this girl who I used to be in a dance group with, and she was like this all the time. She never had an opinion, she did anime mannerisms which just look creepy in real life. She was just too busy trying to give out this aura as though everything was fine even if things...really weren't.

It took me a while to figure out if she was just this nice all the time, but as it turns out it was just for tShe instagram follows. Now I get why people automatically assume why nice people are fake.

The pandering to the followers makes me want to gag by referring to them with cutesy titles and transparent well wishes. Just the other day I received a message because she wanted something. It was typed in a way which could have sounded like it was personal, but when I checked with a mutual friend it turned out that actually it was a copy pasta word for word and was overdone for such a simple request that I would have done anyway.

At first I just felt annoyed because you don't feel like youre getting the real deal and I'm incredibly socially awkward so if I'm forging bonds, I want to feel like I'm actually getting somewhere with it. But now I just feel bad for her because she rarely has photos with friends. She probably can't share a bad day with anybody and what exactly is she trying to run from if she feels the need to be validated by follows?

I've rambled on enough but yes. I definitely prefer the ones who are more down to earth and don't spout emojis at you. It actually gives the illusion that they have more than a couple of brain cells.
>>
>>10103341

I'm not a fan of super cutesyness but I love when people do holiday-themed covers! I'm hoping for a Hello Mr. Chocolate cover, probably once again Love Live songs are going to dominate, like Mogyutto (ugh it's so boring).

If you're in a dance cover group (that might or might not sing), do you consider yourself a net idol? Genuinely curious and won't judge either way. I'm in a dance group and while we might draw inspiration from real-life idols we don't consider ourselves any variation of one. This might be culturally different because we live in Europe.
>>
>>10104338

I get what you mean! The girl here isn't the worst offender but this kind of cutesy sweet demeanor gets old fast if there is no balance with authenticity.
>>
>>10102154
>thizurun
That image is so gorgeous I need to thank you for this share!!!
>>
>>10104381
My group calls ourselves an "idol dance group" because we cover dances from idols, but we are not idols. You can be idol inspired, but if all you do is dance I don't think you should use the title of idol or net-idol. That's not to say that idols can't do dance-only covers though.
>>
>>10104395

Mine calls ourselves that as well with the same thing in mind. It's kind of like tribute bands without the band aspect.
>>
>>10103651
>I also wish they’d do more story work. That’s the one thing people are actually waiting for and it’s just not coming.
Mood. They have like HUGE backstories on their Wikis but we haven't seen anything
>>
>>10104373
>>10104338

I don't mind hearing "I'll do be best" or "I'll keep working hard". Yeah it's overused but it's also the best phrase you can use sometimes.

I only dislike hearing it if the girl says it and then DOESN'T work hard. Like if she says "i'll do my best" and then goes on hiatus for 3 months and comes back and says it again. Like anon said it's all about authenticity. If commit to what you say you'll do I'll respect it
>>
Mosuri's vocal covers and dance covers keep getting blocked as soon as they upload them.

Clearly they don't do their research and see what kind of content would be okay on YouTube, this is the 3rd video I know of that has gotten taken down. LOL
>>
>>10104722
Honestly it’s not even that. Often times if you just say you have the right to upload a video under fair use (covers commonly fall under fair use regardless), more times than not whoever did the copyright will release it. When I say more times than not I mean 9 times out of 10.
>>
What does everyone think of managers and producers for groups? What is better; friends helping out or groups hiring staff? Are you yourself a manager of a group? What are the struggles of managing a group? Are managers/producers necessary to make a group work? Discuss.
>>
>>10104757
Trust me we've done that nothing works
>>
>>10104722
LOL Maybe it's for the better. They should solely focus on getting better before they keep posting with the frequency they do. In my opinion, their group dynamic is really... odd. It just feels like Calina and some no-name girls rather than a cohesive group to me, so I'd like to see them work on their teamwork before posting more and more.
>>
>>10104269
net idol means only on the internet. net idols don't do stuff irl... hence "net" idol. if u do stuff irl, u can't be a net idol cuz... ur not strictly doing stuff online. ppl who haven't done a live performance can be net idols. if you do both then ur really just an amateur idol
>>
A few recent uploads:

Mosuri collaboration with Julily, Akaya, and Sadie from Patinum Happy.
facebook com/morningsunriseidols/videos/796649700716421?sfns=mo

Two uploads by Cherry from Citrus.
https://youtu.be/bFQ1TOjJdyM
https://youtu.be/h4aMhKHzVc8

A new solo dance from Peachy Parade.
https://youtu.be/DW2g3Y7Hcq8

A new dance cover from Mocha.
https://youtu.be/gLUS5mfWAVE
>>
>>10104888
>>10104888
Not gonna lie I was expecting a lot worse when I watched them but they’re all pretty cute. I wish the setting for the second cover was a little more interesting and not so plain but the editing was nice and I enjoyed the dancer’s energy, which made up for it. The other two girls were clean with really crisp moves and I actually really liked the expressions throughout mocha’s cover in particular.
>>
>>10104924
I'm not sure if you actually listened to the first two videos because the singing in both of them were pretty bad.
>>
>>10104809
Then clearly you’re doing something wrong cause it always works when I or anyone else I know does it.
>>
>>10104884
I always thought of "net" idols as performers that use the internet as a tool to boost their content, and interact with people over the net, but not exclusively. I don't see why mixing in live performances disqualifies you from that. But worrying so much about the word choice of net vs. overseas is honestly a really pedantic distinction for someone who refuses to type full words anyway.
>>
>>10104888
I think mosuri and the others the collaborated should’ve picked something more fast paced with less held notes because some of those long notes they had were either off key or off time. Tbh I feel like for beginners it’s better to actually save slower songs for when you are more experienced because when you hit those long notes, you can really start to tell when you don’t have the correct pitch or if your Japanese is poor.
>>
>>10104888
The Mosuri cover was...Not good. Mocha and PP covers were cute. Definitely good energy on the former.
>>
>>10104888
Here's some more Valentine's stuff!

Doki - Kiss Me, Kiss Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YdoxvQFDqw

Aidorujanai - Valentine Day Kiss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSFqFwXnYfQ

Eira M. - I'm Sorry for Being so Adorable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMiU-7Qthjs

Auracle - Mogyutto "LOVE" de Sekkin Chu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_2r3jM4Ra8

Akiba Koala - Kuchiduke Kibonnu / Atashi no Saigo no Love Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SnrDyW0wi0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbzH9JEdnQI
>>
>>10103052
holy shit calm the fuck down.
>>
>>10105111
I like Doki’s voice a lot, it’s nice to listen to.

Aidorujanai could’ve been a little more synchronized but it was still super cute!

I love Country Girls but the location was lacking, dance was still okay though.

I like Auracle’s logo, but god that was so boring to watch.. kind of awkward too, especially the girl in the purple.

I’m not a huge fan of Akiba Koala’s singing, and her dancing has seen better days. I just wasn’t impressed by either of these.
>>
>>10105132
I bet you were the kid who got beat up for playing yugioh at the lunch table and told the bullies your game isn’t like that nerdy garbage pokemon
>>
>>10104884
Net idols do stuff irl, they just primarily focus on online content vs doing lives at cons and what have you.
>>
I know ll sunrise released soemtimes for Valentine's Day
Haven't checked the video yet
Anyone else?
>>
Couples Odottemita anyone?

A Datte aa Mujou cover with 18 dancers and a couples twist to it.

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av25638029.html?

The Suou cosplayer manage to pull a really convincing crossplay.

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av8650187.html?
>>
>>10105142
there's better card games out there. how's that pertain to net idols btw?
>>
>>10104269
Exactly why Yui is my favorite idol. If I’m not mistaken isn’t she a member of AKB?
>>
>>10104381
Danzoo Dash is a cover group. I think ifbyou make your own stuff and just make it unique it could work
>>
>>10105205
>https://m.bilibili.com/video/av25638029.html?
It's refreshing to know that the Chinese cosplay dance groups can suck just as much ass as the Western ones. Good idea, terrible execution and sound editing.
>>
File: Yuikaorishinyblue.jpg (40 KB, 303x426)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>10105111
Even more Valentine's content!

Aikan - Heartbeat (Original)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw1a4uoojjQ

Chekiss x Maid Sachi - Eien Maid Shugi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG78rQ_wcfI

Meri - Venus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fJmRbX5G80

San - Love Letter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwPO8cEEp4M

Melancholiaah - Crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q_Cd6uYatI

>>10105427
>If I’m not mistaken isn’t she a member of AKB?
Maybe you're confusing her with Yui Oguri? Ogura used to be part of the idol duo YuiKaori!
>>
>>10105481

I agree, it does sound like shit, like the audio really sucked.
>>
>>10105554

And also, another cover of Hitorino Envy. Usually the cover is normally yuri, but this is one of the few true couples ones

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av8673100/?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=0V2iWZ6TZq8

is it just me or does the red one look very familar. but what is this cover...the dancing is OK, but the vocals scare me lol
>>
Found this from L-NAV. Aaand that checks off this song from the list lol

- Shoujo Ijou no Koi ga Shitai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Fpp9nWVRM
>>
File: thizurun2.jpg (274 KB, 778x972)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>10105491
And a bit more, though there'll probably be a late upload or two later today.

Love Live Sunrise - GALAXY HidE and SeeK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouIlY5VFku0

The Super Sapphire - LOVE4EVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gxhaZ2YfW0

Kristen - Sweets Parade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lt2SAPjp7E

>>10104392
>That image is so gorgeous I need to thank you for this share!!!
You're very welcome! I'm glad I was able to help you discover such a talented seamstress.
>>
>>10105681
I think the scenery costumes and dancing were all very cute but man... they should maybe leave the singing until they improve it sounded very... forced? Bad? Idk
>>
>>10105571
hitorinbo envy isn't a love song though, so it being a "true couple" doesn't affect the song in my opinion
>>
>>10105491
There are too many Yuis XD I might’ve gotten it confused yeah
>>
>>10104722
So Mosuri just announced their newest member on instagram. what do you think?
>>
>>10105793
I love this bow! Is there a name for that specific kind of ruffled tail on a bow?
>>
>>10106158
NAYRT. She's cute, but just as basic as all the other members are
>>
>>10106167
I’ve always called them cascading bow tails, there’s a decent tutorial by Cosmic Coterie for the Sailor Moon bows shaped like that.
>>
>>10106158
She’s in project shooting stars and cafe Kira hoshi too. As far as I’m concerned, she knew them all before hand and was selected as a friend who wanted to join the project late and they had to make it look official. Same shit San’s pulling with virtualive. Cast your friends and people with a following. No one actually has real open auditions to cast people they don’t know or haven’t worked with before.
>>
>>10106453
The salt. Kek.
But you can't blame people for picking those they know. It's risky picking complete strangers. Plus, San knew those chosen but didn't REALLY know all of them that well as far as friends go. Picking people with a proven track record is smart.
>>
>>10106460
Although I agree, maybe don’t go and make it seems like you’re having a fair public audition process then. It seems a little disingenuous.
>>
>>10106453
Then why go through the trouble of holding auditions though? Why wouldn't they just add the new member?
Also what makes you think they're friends?
>>
>>10106461
>>10106462
These are very good points and often ones people feel when it comes to Japanese idol auditions especially hello project. If you’re primarily planning on having friends or known people in the group, scout. Don’t hold public auditions because that implies someone is trying for a chance to be considered without actually being considered. It’s different if someone auditions and they’re you’re friend but they’re better than other entries when judged by someone else.
>>
>>10106476
Couldn't she have been the latter then? From what i've seen on project shooting star she's a good performer.
What makes you think she didn't get into mosuri through her own merits?
>>
>>10106484
Again, I think it’s the principle of it. Nobody said she doesn’t merit being chosen. But when you close your auditions one week and then announce your new member 1-2 weeks later, I think that pretty much obviously shows that you know them, know their true talent and potential, and you can guarantee they won’t just drop the group immediately.

This is totally fine; my group has done it both ways, we have held auditions and waited to reveal members months after closing them in order to ensure they were ready to debut and to make sure they meshed with our group, and there are times we have no audition rounds and just add people we already know because we’d like them to join our performances. The point is that you are honest about it. Don’t make it out to be an open, fair audition when in reality- you had a particular person in mind that you had already chosen prior to closing applications.

I am unsure if those responses are actually from mosuri members, but just in case because we know Calina/Mosuri reads these threads- nobody is out to get you. But you aren’t making the most amazing track record for yourself from the bad Twitter rant about your own members, and now to this. I really like all of your efforts but they aren’t going to amount to much if your reputation is diminished. Just some food for thought.
>>
>>10106453
To be fair, most of the South Florida groups are comprised of the same 5-10 people anyway. One of the Mosuri members was in project shooting stars and another LL group and is currently in another group called KiraKira Party, iirc.

I think the issue is that there's just a very small community in the South (east) Florida area.
>>
>>10106525
Rei, Mimi, and Niki were all in PSS together. They made a subunit together that then disbanded because they joined Mosuri. They’re all in Kira Kira Party now. Mimi is in MahouKiss Idols, but Rei and Niki aren’t in any lovelive groups right now. It’s just funny to watch them all hop around groups. Like, pick what you’re dedicated to and stick to it. Instead, in the past year, they’ve done like three different projects, and when KiraKira party started as a bandori group, they decided to change it into a multi group because they weren’t getting enough popularity out of it lmao.

At this point, my thoughts on auditions are like those above. Just be honest with people rather than make it just a process to add a person. Honestly, LNAV does the same thing. They hold “auditions” every time, and then end up readding their old members back into the fray, or cycling people from previous auditions. Their newest member is the only person I’ve seen who’s genuinely new, and honestly, she was probably friends with them before too. Like, if you know who you want, don’t even another with the process because you just make people judge and doubt you more.

>>10106505
It’s not Calina who reads it, it’s Rei. She’s made comments before about Calina being their leader and shared knowledge without knowing everything. She’s probably the one who passed it off to Calina anyway.
>>
>>10106484
I never said she didn’t get in on her own merit. I just jumped into the convo. Also, even if she didn’t that’s not her fault. It’s the leaders fault.
>>
>>10106525
This is definitely what the issue is. South Florida wannabe idols keep grouphopping to try and keep up with whatever the flavor of the month is in Central Florida. The problem is that Central Florida is overflowing with idol groups while South Florida only has a few people, so while Central Florida looks like a clusterfuck, South Florida just looks dead because there are so few people there into idols. I appreciate that they're trying to make it work, but it'd really just be best for them to all form a larger group or two with broader concepts rather than grouphopping like they do.

>>10106596
NAYRT, but I didn't know it was Rei who reads these threads LOL. She's my favorite.
>>
>>10106596
>It’s just funny to watch them all hop around groups.

I wonder why they do it. Are they only interested in being in a group if it's popular, or are they just half assing commitment? Even the Umi kira kira "announced" is someone from pss. Alot of this really just comes off as a lot of these groups being exclusive to a circle of friends and not actually as open as they seem.

>>10106639
I'm genuinely surprised that there aren't a ton of them in Miami. I did a (minimal) digging and found a fourth love live group that's in the same area. A lot of them would benefit from just combining into one larger group.
>>
Stellure's halftime performance at Katsucon is later today - anyone planning on catching the livestream?
>>
>>10106641
There are actually a good number of groups in the south, but the same applies to it being the same 10ish people who cycle around each other when “drama” happens and they can’t stand each other for a few weeks. I’ve given up trying to follow them because it’s all the same people who die out after a few months without debuting.
>>
>>10106645
I watched it, and wow, the improvement is staggering! The MC bit was cheesy, but MC parts tend to be like that anyway, so I didn’t mind. Both songs are leagues ahead of their previous ones, desu, but Overdriver was especially cool.
>>
>>10106910
It was very Love Live-y, but since that's where a lot of their influence comes from I think it fits. Also, it's nice to get stuff from idol groups that isn't just songs - the personality-based content is important too. I liked the transition between songs, it was really cool. And it seems that their vocals and mixing have improved a ton. It's a shame their livestream had potato quality due to bad connection; I can't wait to see the HQ video!
>>
Looks like Start Splash idols finally got rid of their most toxic member who self-posts, talks horribly about other local idols and bullies others out of the group. I never went to their lives because of her but now they might actually get support.
>>
It's been somewhat awkward watching Tauri's Instagram story update where she's clearly at Katsucon but didn't take part in the live. She doesn't even appear to have watched her group's performance or hung out with them. I know Stellure doesn't pressure all their idols to join in every performance, and that not having the money/time to join a live is a legit reason. But the impression it gives is that Tauri had the money to attend and wear several cosplays but not to make outfits for their show? It could have been a time commitment issue, but honestly how hard is it to learn 7 minutes of a group dance so you can actually be a part of your own idol group? It doesn't appear like she really wants to be a part of their group - they even used her image color for Io's outfit.
>>
>>10106964
Nah, their Mari is the most toxic. She is the root of all toxicity in the group.
>>
>>10107022
Really? I’ve only heard things about their Hanamaru and a little about their You. Their Mari is super cute but i’ve never interacted with her.
>>
>>10107048
You sound just like Bambi. Not bunny's fault for not wanting to associate with someone so toxic so good on her for leaving.
>>
>>10107062
Take your vendettas elsewhere, it’s obvious who you are.
>>
>>10107111
Call me out, please. Scream my name to the heavens

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.