[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 170 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next 72 hours. Click here to submit your application.

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

/cgl/ edition
>cosplaying as characters from Broadway musicals at a anime con
>>
I don't know how to smuggle armor into the United States.
>>
>>10094199
>Musical characters
God, the amount of Heathers and Veronicas I saw at the last con I went to was bizarre.
>>
>>10094231
>>10094199
Pretty much any non-anime cosplay at anime cons, and vice versa, anime cosplays at Western comic cons. Why??
>>
>>10094231
Saw a Hamilton and a Dear Evan Hansen cosplayer at one point
>>
>>10094199
idol threads don’t belong on cgl
>>
>>10094199
the cringiest cosplayers are from hamilton and le mis.
>cosplaying real people is fucked up
>girls crossplaying need to learn to do better beard makeup or don't do it at all
>>
White as a base color with black as an accent has never been good
&
It doesn't matter how nice your costume is if you're a cunt to people who compliment you or ask for advice. We're all shitheel spaghetti dropping loser, don't act high and mighty
>>
>>10094277
Thank you. They also have the cringiest fanbase imo
>>
>>10094242
I think it depends. If you're cosplaying something that's at least from japan that's fine, but Deadpool is going to seem a little out of place.
>>
The BTSSB and AATP dresses made from that light flowy screen-printed fabric are super awful quality. The first time I saw one I thought it was a replica. I don't understand how anyone can like them.
>>
summer is the worst season
>>
Seeing the shitty ears that burandos put out drive insane, as do the shitty ears cosplayers wear for Tamamo, Ahri, etc.
>>
Fat people can cosplay too like holy fuck. I’ve seen some thick girls look incredible, make high quality cosplays and do a great job on their wigs and makeup And just get shit on.

Like I get it, there are some fat cosplayers that don’t do a great job And probably shouldn’t be cosplaying but just because you’re heavier doesn’t mean your cosplay is automatic shit.
>>
Girls and gays all dressed in the same monochrome outfits dancing kpop ALL WEEKEND LONG in a convention hallway are cancer that likely think they’re better than anime nerds are cancer and should be banned
>>
I really fucking hate Deadpool’s and now Spider-Man. But I mean who doesn’t?
>>
>>10094242
desu anime cons should rebrand themselves as ‘fandom’ cons since thats what their attendance and content have shifted to in the ‘10s
>>
>>10094669
I love Deadpool- have been collecting his comics for a while now and really want to cosplay him at SDCC but........ the idea that another Deadpool might try to interact with me or, god even worse I get lumped in with other Deadpool’s is scaring me away.
>>
I wish I can get creeped on at cons. It seems like every other girl on my feeds have had some sort of unpleasant or groping experience.
>>
>>10094686
same anon.
>>
>>10094699
Shit and I can never confess this on my social media or to friends
>>
>>10094686
wear skimpy anime cosplays and pay attention to fat ugly weebs, you’ll get an ass grab before long
>>
leaving lolita sales depress me

there's so few of us as-is, and seeing more people leave hurts
>>
>>10094706
Thanks for the suggestions. Honestly speaking, I wouldn't be comfortable in a skimpy outfit (not to mention cold) so that's a no-go.
>>
I wish the thots would just thot the fuck off and get the fuck out of the community and stop degrading the community
>>
>>10094686
why do you want that?
are you really that desperate?
>>
I know I organized the event, but can you please stop asking me publicly available information or the same question I've now answered multiple times. Thank you.
>>
>>10094669
i still love spiderman

I dont mind deadpool in himself but loathe an crossover cosplay

Deadpool in a mario suit or bob ross wig? YAAAAWN
>>
people who act like cunts to other cosplayers who cosplay the same character need to get over themselves. there's at least one cosplayer in every fandom i've been in who does it. it's usually one of the main characters too. you don't own the character. stop being a bitch because you think some rando is stealing attention from you.
>>
>>10094739

I wish thots would just admit they're sexworkers and stop using the word cosplay. sick of all the disgusting men they enable who think its ok to treat all cosplayers like their cam girls.
>>
>>10094816
I don't see people like that as earnest cosplayers, they are most likely just famewhores. Isn't (or wasn't) the entire reason to dress up as your fave not only because you love the character but also to quickly find people who are into the show too and connect with them?
>>
tfw no cgl gf
>>
DYEL males should not be shamed from doing shirtless/showy cosplay
>>
I like AP well enough but their overwhelming popularity bores me. When people say their favourite brand is AP my first thought is always "Oh you mean like literally everyone else."
>>
I dont feel sorry for anybody that complains about how much a con and the hotel costs. Try saving your money instead of bitching about how expensive it is. I can understand broke high school and college kids, but grown ass adults have no excuse. Either save your money or don't go.
>>
>>10094199
There's a Les Miserables anime, I'm valid
>>
>>10094783
They're crossboarding RPers. Report and move on.
>>
Just because an event is fan run means its better/soulful

see: Las Pegasus, Dashcon
>>
File: 1543818058883.png (131 KB, 629x1173)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>10094821
Honestly I feel like that's no longer the case and it makes me so sad. All of the friends I've made at cons were because we cosplayed from the same series or even the same character and bonded over that, but for some reason whenever I got to know their other friends it was always the kind of "only one person in this group can cosplay this character and no one else can after that" possessive mentality that I didn't get.
One of my friends themselves eventually started doing the "ugh this friend is STEALING the characters I want to cosplay!!" tantrums. And with another group of friends we were talking about cosplays from a certain series and when I mentioned that I thought about cosplaying my fave and my best friend said to go for it, the others in the group started whining to her "but you were supposed to cosplay that character instead!", like the fact that I'd do it on my own time would somehow mean she could no longer cosplay the same character with them as a group? Even though this particular friend and I had already cosplayed a bunch of the same characters without any problems. I just don't get it, and that was mainly one of the reasons why I no longer associate with big groups and only hang out with people individually. In general I've been less into cosplay in the recent years because these types of encounters with people who were "cosplayers for life" and every person in their group had to have an assigned type of character they'd fit in with group cosplays really tired me out. It's not a good feel but I genuinely just don't want to deal with other cosplayers that much anymore because of how fast their attitude changes when you "step on their turf" with the wrong cosplay choice.

Sorry for the TL;DR, but it fits the thread so I guess it's fine.
>>
>an anime convention has Vic Mignogna as a guest of honor
>an anime convention has Todd Haberkorn as a guest of honor
I guess that shit isn’t gonna happen for a while now thanks to what’s going on now. But man, 2006-2011 and onwards, that seemed commonplace
>>
>>10094733
>wouldn’t be comfortable
>wants to be sexually harassed
>>
>>10094889
Seconded anon. If youre an adult and you cant manage to afford a room split and badge you shouldnt even go. split a room for the weekend with 6 people only costs 70 dollars and badges are cheap if you prereg. If youre broke and cant afford your own room dont bitch about floor space. Learn to budget like an adult or learn to deal with that fomo
>>
>>10094922
I guess it does sound weird but dressing sexy/lewd isn't a perquisite to sexual harassment. It just lowers the bar by a lot.
>>
>>10095027
to get sexually harassed you have to convince men that you’re available to them. you can do this by being hot in public because men assume that any girl who is hot in public must be catering to them, but if you’re not hot, you have to actually cater to them
>>
>>10094914
What's going on?
>>
>>10095075
They have been accused of rape
>>
>>10094199
Cosplaying was more fun before social media. Now there is a huge focus on gaining popularity that really rubs me the wrong way. And I remember when I was twelve my friends and I would do the most cringey shit and have so much fun. Now if any kids did that they would be posted all over Twitter and YouTube. It makes me sad for them
>>
I'm so tired of ko-fi and patreon and the push to support cosplayers financially by making donations. It's a hobby. Why should other people pay for your hobby? I understand that people can do what they want with their cash, but I've seen far too many people say shit like "you can support cosplayers by assisting them financially!" Why the fuck should anyone help randos with their shitty spending habits?
>>
File: 1458029494240.png (333 KB, 357x346)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
The StarCraft space Marine who has been building his full suit for 3 years getting less attention than the dime a dozen skin suit D.va cosplayer, also the mob of Asian cameramen with 50,000 or more of gear only photographing woman in hopes they can get laid for their service.
>>
>>10095060
Thanks for the advice. Maybe I can get off my lazy ass and work for it, though I'm not going to dress in less.
>>
>>10095138
It's fun to help others
>>
If you have tattoos or piercings they ruin your cosplay. Cover them up. Take them out. Don't get butthurt when someone says it looks shitty and ruins your costume. You chose to ruin your skin.
>>
>>10094889
Especially those who decide they need to go to 8 conventions a year. You could go to half and have a better time because you don't have to sleep on the floor and live like a peasant all weekend.

People planning all their costumes for a con 6 months in advance are dumb fucks. They announce it way in advance, make a saga when they change but only start the costume the week before con, then have a breakdown and say cosplay is stressful.

Also people who say they need to go to conventions for their mental health or because it's the only thing going on in there life. Get another hobby and gain some perspective. They always cry and whine like it's the end of the world when they can't go to con. Often the people who do the above stuff too.
>>
File: Beyonce_FW.jpg (514 KB, 644x1154)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>10094654
If the character is normally thin it's gonna be weird no matter what. If you can't understand that concept then maybe pic related will help you understand.
>>
>>10094807
Just take off the deadpool suit and be Mario or Bob Ross, then suddenly we wouldn't have so much cheap halloween store superhero bodysuit cancer at cons.
>>
>>10094816
>be me
>cosplaying a character that 1 other person is cosplaying at the whole con
>said other cosplayer does a ton of inappropriate shit
>word goes around "be on the lookout for a (character) trying to mess up costumes"
>people think it's me and I get pulled over by other congoers at one point
>one of the harrassed cosplayers checks me over
>"No, that's not her. Your cosplay is really nice by the way."
>I thank them and they fill me in on what was going on
>I was actually in a photoshoot with the harrasser earlier so I immediately knew who they meant, had no issue with them until I heard that they were intentionally messing up other people's cosplays

But yeah, I know what you mean when tarts get mad that they aren't the *only* person at the con wearing the same cosplay. Just like how tumblr otherkins used to get pissy if they talked to people who mained their main kin. Just stupidity and attentionwhoring.
>>
>>10095206
I agree with this and it also bothers me in jfashion too, but particularly if the tattoos conflict with the style of dress.

Your snakes and knives don't look good with your pastel coord.
>>
GET DRAG OUT OF ANIME CONS
STOP HAVE DRAG-RELATED PANELS
>>
>>10095199
Do what you want with your money, I guess, but my complaint is mostly geared towards people who beg/constantly plug for donations.
>>
>>10095004
>>10095138
To combine these two: saw a cosplayer (an adult with a full-time job) ask for donations to cover irl problems (rent) and then two weeks later was asking for more donations to fly cross-country for a con.
>>
>>10095206
I have a friend who has piercings. What is a delicate way to mention to them to hide it just for pictures?
>>
>>10095407
Piercings/tattoos bother me a lot, too, but I think this is one of those things where you shouldn't tell the person unless they actively address the issue first. It's what they chose to look like and surely they're not blind to it.
Maybe if you're like a photographer and know the person well, you may be able to subtly ask if they want tattoo/piercing to be removed during editing but I suspect that they have already accepted what they look like. If they don't like the look, they would be the ones to ask first or put effort into covering up.
>>
>>10095423
This is really helpful... thank you so much! I will be taking photos with them so I thought to mention.
>>
Crossover cosplay needs to die. We dont need 9000 Disney Princess Senshi/Ninjas/Slave Leias/Bounty Hunters. It stopped being original years ago.
>>
People who loiter around and block up AA/DH pathways are the worst - no consideration for attendees and artists who they are blocking, and they think they are the center of the con so they gotta be in the middle of the mess. Like seriously, if you and your friends want to chat, go somewhere else less busy, you're in everyone's way.
>>
>>10094699
>>10094686
Tomoko?
>>
>>10095465
There will always be new IPs to cross though. Old ones do need to be retired though.
>>
I hate obvious yaoi-shippers cosplaying with their friend as their favorite ship and later start insisting they are trans men.

Like no honey. You just want to live out your gross yaoi fantasies and thats never going to happen.

1 yr later, they go back to being a girl.
>>
>>10095597
Ugh I hate this too. It IS so obvious when you see one of these gay fetishists. “Do they cosplay?” weeds out such a huge percentage of dysphoria fakers.
>>
>>10095407
piercings can be taken off, can't they?
>>
>>10095624
Depends, septum piercings can often be turned to hide inside the nostrils for example. Generally if you've had the piercing for a while you can remove them and put them back a bit later, and unless they're very recent you can take them off to replace them with more discreet silicone ones
>>
>>10094912

A lot of my friends are the exact same way. I lost a friend because someone complimented my cosplay when she did the same character and she didn't get a compliment as well. She took it out on me.
>>
I really want to use a name,
I think how a bunch of cgl users use to be trips and had fun and silly meetups and became good friends is really cute and I like to think of cgl as a good place that has a few shitty people like any other forum or website really.
I came at the end of that kind of era and am friends with a group of them which is why I even know about it. I wish 4chan wasnt seen as a cesspool altogether so more would be okay with it like other online communities.
>>
>>10094912
Some people are possessive of their characters even within fandom. This was a thing all the way back to the days of LJ, with claim communities, and people putting up banners saying "I am the ___ of Livejournal". People would try to be the best/only version of their precious husbandos and/or sailor senshi. It's highlandering and not always because of popularity, but a mix of popularity+unhealthy obsession with a fandom and over-identifying with characters they like. Don't even get me started on soulbonders.

But back to cosplay, I'm guilty as well of getting jealous when friends cosplay a character I want to do. I think a lot of it is fear of being outdone, insecurity, and not living up to the expectation of how well you want to pull off the costume, or other goals you might have had about having a 'full cast'. There's all sorts of reasons and it kind of depends on how mature/damaged the other fan is.

Distance yourself from the ones that throw tantrums.

Myself I've finally just decided I'm going to do the best damn job I can at my own, and try to squash the nasty feelings of jealousy. I look forward too much to having fun in my cosplays to let that ruin it.

>>10095138
This shit pisses me off so much. I'll donate to myself, bitch. When I see a friend ask for money I go spend more on myself out of spite. :')

>>10095210
I disagree about the pre-planning but only if they are the kind to quit because they procrastinated. I've planned a year in advance. Then you can hit the sales, take your time, and not stress over it. If the con is coming up and you're not done, wait and do it later.
>>
>>10094912
I stomped that shit out of my best friends,
When I said I liked a character and was going to cosplay her they tried to say "oh, but this other friend of ours likes that character and is doing her."
I responded with
COOL NOW YOU'LL KNOW TWO PEOPLE COSPLAYING HER.
>>
>>10095785
Yeah absolutely, I can definitely relate to feeling insecure when someone cosplays the same character and is maybe better looking or made the costume better. And especially with friends there are often cases where you know each other so well you can guess which characters they'll like and maybe want to cosplay so it can feel kind of awkward when you're kind of waiting to see if they'll actually say they will or if you should just have a go at it already. But nevertheless, I feel like it's not something to be taken out on other people, because it stems from your own negative feelings and (often) bad self esteem. I absolutely agree that the best way to approach it is to just try and step up your own game instead, and if it really bothers you then maybe cosplay from something else completely and do said character later.
>>
I told myself I'd stop making cosplays and switch to apparel after this last one because I find the scene is too much of a popularity contest with makeup, filters, and "professional" costhots rather than a "I made dis" craft-scene.Most people don't care if you've made it or if you bought it, so there's no point putting in so much time for something you'll wear once or twice, or so I thought. I'm also enough of an autist to want to look "authentic" to a character, and most characters I like aren't characters I can pull off (face-wise/height wise, most characters are short or have a different facial structure than I do)

But, I started listening to some AMVs and the ole fire burns again.
>>
File: 1540366077118648981.png (30 KB, 500x410)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>people who bullied you during the school for watching anime are now "pro cosplayers" and make tons of money from it
>>
If you identify as "trans" and are attending a con at least put some fucking effort into looking like a woman. Saw so many of thees fucks that were nothing but straight up dudes in dresses. At least shave that fucking neckbeard you goddamn high speed train wrecks.
>>
>>10095886
This. I’m pretty terf-y but if someone makes a huge effort to look female, can pass and doesn’t creep on girls I won’t care.
>>
File: IMG_20190204_003622.jpg (301 KB, 1080x1524)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>10095891
What the point of being a trans when you can 100% pass as a female? At least make sure everybody will know it.
>>
>>10095895
>asking a biological female to try and understand a troon’s thought process
>>
>>10095895
Man I don't care if this person is cis or trans, I would smash.
>>
>>10095903
Well, I can only wish I was as hot as him
>>
I don't know why so many people have to claim themselves as "PRO cosplayers". What does it even mean? Is it insecurity?
>>
I wish people would stop shaming people who do lewd cosplay. People put money into cosplay and need to make it back and the only thing people will pay for is lewds. So hating on someone for making a small amount of money they spend on cosplay is a big ol yikes from me.
>>
>>10095917
Too fat, but I'll bite
Those who make lewds give us a bad reputation and mostly don't care about characters they're cosplaying at all. And the worst thing is, other people start paying more attention to lewd cosplay and ignore normal cosplay
>>
>>10095917
>People put money into cosplay and need to make it back
No, fucking why? It's a hobby. You don't see MTG players stripping because "they put money into cards and need to make it back"
This is just such a dumb entitled thought process and I don't even think you're a troll, just an entitled idiot
>>
>>10095927
Pretty sure mtg fandom has people with the same mentality who run patreons and shit. Oh wait, they're also cosplayers.
>>
>>10095922
I don't enjoy it either but what I'm more concerned about is that young people and kids will get exposed to those 'cosplayers' a whole lot more and get the impression that's what cosplay is about and/or think that's what they need to do for acceptance/validation.
>>
>>11095917
make their money back for what? i'd hardly consider the expenses of buying a bikini or some lingerie and a wig as a "cosplay expense".
if you want to make money for doing cosplay, then create commissioned pieces, you dont have to lewd an underage character to make money from a hobby you love.
>>
>>10095943
We have a website in my country, posting some random shit there and also have a subforum for cosplay, almost 70% of cosplay posted here is lewds, and you know what most people in comment section think all cosplayers = thots thanks to it. Even if some normal cosplay posted, they always ask for lewds like that's completely normal. I hate it
>>
I heard that pro cosplayers who crank out a ton of costumes and provide photo or video evidence of themselves making the costumes usually have a private seamster who figures out the patterns and makes it once first for them so that the cosplayer can make it (again) really fast for the camera while still being able to claim they made all of their costumes. Is this true?
>>
File: 661208181_104144259_n.jpg (22 KB, 470x614)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>10094739
Thots need to stop calling themselves cosplayers and call themselves sexworkers and all their orbiters need to fuck off. With that said being a costhot isn't an admirable thing lmao

>>10094669
I still like Spider-Man but Deadpool is an autist magnet
there's no saving him

>>10095945
this
>>
>>10095962
Yes, many '''pro''' cosplayers do that
>>
Weebs that bump into other people at conventions and don't say sorry/excuse me are the fucking worst. Learn some fucking manners you autists.
Same with people that block AA tables or hallways/entrances
>>
everyone thinks they can be a cosplay photographer. between shitty children and their point and shoots overcharging and creeper guys with cameras there's not much room for people who actually know what they're doing.
>>
>>10095964
Thanks, I was too naive.
Is there any pro cosplayer who does make their own costume while posting proof and progress without shadow help? Preferably fabric-centric, I've seen so many who make impressive props and armor.
>>
>>10094645
Fax. Putting conventions during the peak of summer is even worse.
>>
>>10094817
Now this is a fucking take. There's no use in hiding the painfully obvious. It just hurts non-sex workers who want to fucking dress up as a character.
>>
>>10094816
This fucking boggles my mind because I've made instant friends by finding people who are dressed up from the same series or character. They're ruining their chance to share their appreciation for a character with someone, share tips, or get some cool photos.
>>
>>10095729
Jesus Christ you dodged a massive bullet with that one.
>>
>>10095128
The height of cosplay is when people posted silly in-character videos to youtube of their squad doing goofy shit. God, I miss it so much, even if it was cringey.
>>
>>10095199
Donate to some people struggling to pay for groceries or their light bill then.
>>
I’m not going to ALA for personal reasons, but something tells me the fire that happened might have long term consequences (ie: Azure and Doubletree are no longer the official ALA blocks anymore)
>>
File: 1486572744222.gif (2.96 MB, 256x199)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
>>10095199
it's the most fun to help other IN NEED
not some random walnut on the internet who wants their gullible fanbase to pay for their shit despite having a job

>>10095128
>>10096007
Same
These days they risk being put into shitty cringe compilations just so the poster can make money
>>
>>10095927
For some reason this really cracks me up. Now I'm imagining someone whoring themselves out to get rare cards. This needs to be the next Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
Why would anyone buy Bodyline or order from aliexpress unless they're teenagers? Adults should have an understanding of what quality clothing is, people who think it's smart to spend their money in some shit made in who knows what working conditions are either really dumb or completely shallow.
I realize that there are pretty much no J-fashion brand that really put emphasis on their ethics and sustainability but at least brand is better quality and worth buying second hand too.
>>
how do those korean models get such skinny legs????? do they all just weigh <95 lbs????
>>
Met a girl on a website. Turns out she knew of me here on /cgl/ before we met. We dated for months and then she decided to change course in life. We broke up on good terms, but in less than a week, she deleted all her accounts. It's been 2 months and she knows where to find me. She's not coming back and I'm still heartbroken as fuck.
>>
>>10096036
Suck a dick for Black Lotus
>>
>>10096095
I wonder this too.
>>
>>10095597
This boils my blood! I haven't seen so many girls insisting they are trans men, but instead claiming that the character is and giving that character overtly feminine traits that are non-existent in the character. No, you 15 year old eyesore, Bakugo isn't a soft boi who likes pastel, flower crowns, and skirts. I wish they'd just admit that they're too fucking lazy to get into full crossplay instead of projecting their likes onto a character. There's so many twinks out there to choose from.
>>
>>10095823
You just have to find your spot in the madness, anon. Nothing gets me more hype than seeing someone post wip photos of a costume they're crafting. And I've seen a lot of traction for those types of genuine cosplayers out there lately. They'll never overpower the loud majority of costhots and fame-seekers, but it's a snug community I think you'd find your happiness in. If you don't give a shit whether you're famous, posting photos becomes less stressful. I hope you'll find your niche - whether in apparel or in cosplay.
>>
>>10095885
Just wait to the next boom, they'll move on quickly.
>>
>>10095972
Someone bumped into me at a con and broke a hairpiece that I'd worked on for a month. Fucker didn't even say a word. I guess being 32nd in line vs. 40th for whatever the fuck merch meant more than common decency.

People who stand in the middle or just dick around in the middle of the AA hallways deserve death.
>>
>>10096027
Cringe comps are such a double edged sword. It's fun to watch people sperg out but I know I'd be devastated to see myself in one. I've seen a lot of people who ended up in those videos or who became a meme drop their passions entirely. If I ever grew a thick enough skin, I'd do it anyway.
>>
>>10096127
So much this, for every person who clicks on Like on my social media posts about my construction progress, I absolutely go check their profile, too, and follow any who are posting their cosplay progress as well. Doesn't matter if they follow me or if I know them or not, I just want to see people enjoying the craft and the journey!
>>
>>10096095
>>10096111
Never looked it up, but one Korean friend once told me there's a muscle that's not necessary inside the leg, and some Korean girls get it removed to get thinner looking legs.
>>
>>10095206
I agree!!!! IT LOOKS SO TRASHY. COVER UP YOUR TATTOOS AND TAKE OUT YOUR PIERCINGS. You just look like SLUTTY THOT trash and its tacky as hell. You're not unique, you and the rest of the 1000 ahegao costhots all look like same trash. They have makeup and coverups for tattoos to do a cosplay right.
>>
AA related

I wish AA had a better etiquette to "art trades", and that artists shouldn't guilt and beg others to trade with them.

Especially as a crafter, I usually refuse because I'm picky and I doubt I'd get a near equivalent trade with print artists. I don't offer trades but I often get approached by some artists, and I have to politely decline. Sometime they understand and let it go, few other times they beg to trade and for me to check out their table. Like stop, it's so awkward and I don't want to somehow offend an artist because I'm not interested in their works.
>>
>>10094242
This. I sincerely hate this so, so very much. Same with American comic book characters at anime cons. There are a plethora of pop culture cons to wear this stuff at, save it for those and stop being the fucking wild card in a sea of people like it’s fucking weeaboo where’s Waldo.
>>
File: IMAG1262.jpg (3.06 MB, 3000x4000)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
>>10094816
I don't get this at all. I love running into other people doing the same cosplay as me and taking a bunch of silly pictures together. It's invariably one of the most fun memories of the cons where it happens, all the more so if it's an obscure/underloved character.
>>
hiding your face under a cardboard box is not “solid snake” cosplay
>>
>>10096380
This

Also oh my god that image
Honda-san is my favorite fucking thing on this planet
>>
Not all oldschool is good oldschool.
There's always been itas in japan too.
>>
File: 1416947206332.jpg (117 KB, 950x534)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>10096141
christ
>>
>>10095293
Daww, sorry you didn't get picked to participate in drag race, anon. You probably didn't get picked because you were not wearing drag and 2, you were basically giving us in the front row lap dances.
>>
I have been to 5 cons but never have attended a panel but instead waited for lines/walked around the dealer room for merch i could have clicked away from amazon at a lower price.

Ill try at wondercon
>>
>>10096705
Is this targeted at someone or
>>
I wish there were a convention for the specific and small subset of anime fans I fall into who are disgusted by homosexuality.
>>
>>10096979
I don't understand why sexuality should be a part of anime conventions at all. I'm okay with gays, but an anime convention is for anime not.. sexuality. I hate how sexuality is forced into everything now days. No one cares who anyone is fucking.
>>
>>10096979
>wanting a convention based around homophobia

Just stay home and talk to people on discord.
>>
>>10096983
have you watched a single anime anon? sexuality is forced into every one
>>
can't get my mind to keep start working on cosplay and get my body in shape for cosplay.
I want to die
>>
>>10096983
Tell that to the costhots and sex pests that seem to roam conventions.
>>
>>10096983
God those AA booths selling the infinite amount of “pride” pillows and hats and shit...Disgusting. I’m glad I can single out who the boring people are by how many gender buttons they have on their bag.
>>
>>10097018
Address what's on your mind first and the rest will follow. Or take a break to prevent burn out. That vigor will be there for you when you return.
>>
>>10096983
I agree. I'm gay myself, but I really hate the current state of queer culture and making your sexuality essentially your whole personality. I like all kinds of anime even if it doesn't pander to my sexuality, and thus I expect the same from anime conventions: I don't see the need to include raindow flags and LGBTQ+ panels when they have nothing to do with anime itself. It's one thing to have a panel or sell merch about BL, but everything where the subject is forced and not actually related to the theme of the convention (no, "why these characters are actually gay/trans" headcanon panels aren't related) in my opinion doesn't really belong there. Just like I think general pop culture, western cartoons/comics, and k-pop don't belong in anime conventions. It's a convention about anime, not "anime maybe, and all your other hobbies and interests".
>>
People who buy from scalpers and literally give them money to support their behaviour don't have the right to complain about them,
>>
>>10097096
i see your point, but not everyone feels the same as you do - maybe the trend of additional focus on sexual orientation and "gender politics" in the con scene show that people do want it and that it does belong?
>>
>>10095886
burn in a fire you piece of shit terf
>>
>>10097256
>at least try to look passable
>OMG YOU BIGOT SHITLORD YOU WANT ME TO DIE???? FUCKING TERF KILL YOURSELF
Just fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>10097096
>k-pop don't belong in anime conventions
Say it louder to the back
>>
>>10097256
If you lot would put some effort into looking like a damn woman instead of coming to a con as a clone of CWC maybe I wouldn't complain. The type of fuckers identifying as transbians at these cons look like either CWC or the fucking raging "IT"S MA'AM!" Gamestop Tranny.

Shave the fucking neckbeard you disgusting fuck. Either apply yourself or kill yourself.
>>
>>10097254
sure, that’s why this is the confession thread and not the literally everyone agrees thread
>>
>>10094841
It's a niche fashion to begin with. And you're out here complaining about popularity?
Ohh, AP is too mainstream for you huh? You sound goofy.
>>
>>10097018
Me too anon. Me too.
>>
>>10094816
Tfw you are so scared it happens to you so you become the entitled cosplayer. I'm working on it since I hate myself for doing it.
>>
>>10094816
I can't get why someone would do this. When I see others cosplaying the same character I get excited as fuck to meet another fan, take pics, and look for deets on a gathering/invite them to a gathering.
>>
>>10094199
>turning 27 this year
>"t-this is the year I finally start to cosplay!"
lmao you missed that train, bitch. Give up.
>>
>>10097264
They’re sure angry, but for the right reasons. Your place of thought is antediluvian.
Being trans is about identity, and sometimes about outwards appearance. However, experiencing both at once is not essential.
>>
>>10094277
You mean les mis crossplayers, right? Met a male Enjolras and he was great. All the girls who crossplay as Les Amis are so strange, though
>>
>>10097313
*Say it louder for the people in the back
>>
>>10097672
yea i guess so, can't say ive ever met a le mis male cosplayer
>>
File: spla2n doubt.jpg (39 KB, 750x473)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>10097654
Are you a kid? You have to e 18 to use this site, you know.People can start to cosplay when ever they want. They might not get famous but they can cosplay as much as they like.
>>
>>10097654
God this mentality is so annoying. The whole point of cosplay is to have an open playing field of characters (many of whom are adults) and a variety of creative ways to bring them to life. Quit acting like the con scene came to life because of scrubby little teens in store bought costumes.
>>
>>10097667
Being treated as a woman helps confirm identity though and that requires not looking like CWC which is an awesome way of describing these people since they all look the same like that.
>>
>>10097681
>They might not get famous but they can cosplay as much as they like.
As I've seen, they just get famous in different ways. Whether creating new fabrics, selling props, photography, or judging events or running panels.
>>
>>10094816
I used to shiver in fear when people cosplaying the same character as me would be in my space after having a few friends who had this mentality. Its so childish but I'm in my 20's and I somehow still run into people who just have to be the best one around. I dont get why they don't just cosplay some dumb obscure shit then?
>>
>>10096979
>homosexuality is disgusting!!111!
the absolute state of being a closet faggot. go choke on some dick, you’ll feel better about yourself I promise
>>
>>10095886
after getting creeped on by trannies at cons and the whole pedo business with so many mtfs i've grown to detest them. they love making death threats too. so feminine
>>
>>10095785
Well said, I feel insecure or like someone will get mad at me if I cosplay the same character as them. Its annoying, but maybe asking or letting someone know you're going to be cosplaying the same character as them verbally is a good idea. Its saved my ass a few times. If they have a problem with it, they're probably not a cool person
>>
>>10097708
They’re always defensive and aggressive because they’re almost always narcissists. I like going through their fb profiles and seeing all the “cute transman/girl <3” variants.
Defensiveness point proven here v
>>10097704
>>
>>10097773
I’m a cis faggot, not a tranny you retard. Why don’t you project even harder you closeted faggot?
>>
>>10097779
Fags are all the same, doesn’t matter which letter you are apparently.
>>
somewhat unrelated but I need to get this off my chest
There was this group of girls that I knew in middle school/high school that I used to go to cons with and they started to ditch me all the time and would never go to the panels I wanted to go to with me (they weren’t even weird panels, just the J fashion show and like makeup/sewing panels). Idk why they didn’t like me but now I have nobody to go with since they’ve started planning croup cosplays without me and make no effort to even ask if I’m going to XYZ con and always make me feel excluded and it sucks :(
>>
>>10095597
I see this a lot with trans women/incels, but they're smart enough to keep it to discord and telegram and not social media like these dumb fujos.
>>
>>10097681
If you're 27 and just getting into the hobby, you already missed out on the glory years. Plus, no one wants to see a 27 year old cosplay a loli from whatever flavor of the month is going on right now, or even classics since Japan has always had an obsession with teen girls and even Yoko is supposed to be 15. You're talking about those exactly things in this thread, but I'm bad for saying it out loud?

>>10097686
This is the con scene now. That shit died out in the 00s, stop acting like cons now are the same as the cute local cons you went to in 2006 where you could meet another Tohru from Fruits Basket and bond over your love of the series, fucker.

Just face it. If you didn't start back then, being a "newbie" at 27 is not going to net you friends in the cosplay community and you might as well not bother. There are going to be 20 year olds with more skill and experience.
>>
>>10097844
I actually don’t think is bait, I think you’re a projecting 23 yr old mad that teenagers can cosplay easier than ever before now. Let go and realize it’s ok to be over 20 and cosplay, you’ll be happier, “fucker”
>>
>>10097844
>>10097837
>no one wants to see a 27 year old cosplay a loli from whatever flavor of the month is going on right now
There's plenty of adult characters to chose from, don't be obtuse. That's a whole separate issue from banning anyone over your age preference from cosplay.

>That shit died out in the 00s,
Alright, case closed. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. How the fuck would cosplay be this popular if dressing up as a character and making costumes has somehow died out.

>you could meet another Tohru from Fruits Basket and bond over your love of the series, fucker.
What are you doing at conventions if not that? What are you doing period? I neither have to be in the same cosplay nor at a convention to be able to bond with someone over a series.

>There are going to be 20 year olds with more skill and experience.
What do you think people over 25 are doing with their lives in the meantime? You act like people coming in later have never done makeup, sewing, or crafting before. It doesn't matter if someone is better than you or if they're younger than you in addition to that. Even if they start late, it's possible that they could catch up faster than their younger peers or I don't know... just not give a fuck and have a good time doing it as you're supposed to with a hobby?
>>
>>10097844
What does it matter if everyone else is better? It's a hobby, not a shonen anime. You don't need to be the best or win all the contests to enjoy making something, or to walk around a con dressed as a character. There are no shortage of older characters to cosplay either, as people have been saying for this entire conversation.
Honestly, you sound like someone who joined to get famous but never had the looks or talent. Sorry you forgot what fun was on your road to fame, anon.
>>
Misako is shit at makeup.
>>
File: 1511915072710.jpg (72 KB, 540x403)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>10097844
>Duurr hurr the glory days are over therefore you can't have fun anymore!!11!

Go away and let people have fun faggot
>>
>>10097844
Id rather cosplay with my current 26 yo figure than what i looked like at peak weeb years (14)
>>
>>10094663

Kpop fans are like the asian version of jocks and their cheerleader friends. Feeling superior because they can do no wrong while the nerds are seen as weird.

>>10095149

The kicker with armor cosplays is that why not work for famous film prop maker and get fangirls that way instead? Armor cosplays are more of a gearhead thing.
>>
>>10097849
>>10097897
I posted this in response to someone I know on facebook who's getting into the hobby way too late, but it's nice to see I triggered so many Christmas Cake seagulls in response.

>>10097858
You're really going to lie to yourself and act like cosplaying now is what it was back when we started as teenagers, then you're delusional.

>What do you think people over 25 are doing with their lives in the meantime?
Cosplaying. But they have the years and experience to back it up, and it makes up for their age. If you look like a newbie but you're also old, you're not going to be well received by your local community, period.

You're all acting like you're so outraged, but are the same people who would be weirded out by a 33 year old woman joining your community who says she enjoys cosplaying from Zelda or something. You call Nigri old every time she's posted, and constantly shit on Yayahan, and they at least have the skillset. Come on.

>>10097899
This is the only valid response, but at the same time... at least the 14 year old has years to fuck around and learn. If you start at 27, you should probably be pretty good out the gate. And people will still call you old without the skillset to back it up.
>>
File: 1482460259337.gif (1.63 MB, 360x270)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
Gatekeepers are the worst lmao
>>
>>10097907
>if you don't agree with me you're a triggered old seagull!!11! reeeeeeee

Wild
>>
>>10097907
I'm turning 31 this year and I feel like my serious cosplay is finally taking off because I'm now in a point in life where I'm financially stable with my own home and sewing tools I dreamed of owning 10 years ago as a broke and jobless college kid. Hobbies are for any age as long as you enjoy it!
>>
>>10095886
Remember gender is not natural and has no basis in biology and that is why we have to manipulate biology and uses hormones that the body naturally produces to change peoples gender.

On a more serious not it is trouble some when people cross play and are super not passing but get offended when you misgender them.

Anyone else experience this? I have also had friends in the boat complain about people who pass. They don't like how passing people can just go about their lives.

I have no idea what to make about this "trend". Its more prominent since starting cosplay, was't even this bad in uni.
>>
>>10097907
Holy shit you are fucking mad at people having fun. How old are you? I bet you won’t answer. I bet you’re a Patreon wannabe too.
>>
>>10097907
Ah, so that’s how it is. Someone prettier, more well liked, or more skilled than your bitter ass is getting into “your” hobby and you’re jealous you’ll be outshined since everything is a competition to insecure people. You should probably grow up a little.
>>
>>10097861
>Honestly, you sound like someone who joined to get famous but never had the looks or talent. Sorry you forgot what fun was on your road to fame, anon.
>>
>>10097907
>>What do you think people over 25 are doing with their lives in the meantime?
>Cosplaying.
I was asking what you thought older newcomers were doing, not what older established cosplayers were doing. Are you illiterate?
>>
Oldschool lolita is true lolita. I'm glad it's trending now, I hated the previous trends.
>>
>>10095138
I mean it’s simple logic. If you want them to put out more stuff for you to look at, you pay them money. Otherwise you can just not donate anything
>>
>>10097907
>at least the 14 year old has years to fuck around and learn. If you start at 27,

Yes, i learned how to get my degree, become financially independent and got into Working out/Fitness.

Thats how i started at 24
>>
>>10097077
Thank you! I am kinda starting to do that.

>>10097414
we shall overcome
>>
>>10098161
Agreed.
>>
>>10097844
>glory years
>the era of crappy inuyasha, death note and naruto cosplays
>amateurly run conventions
>>
>>10098220
Please don't forget the Party City wigs.
>>
>>10098220
I liked those years. They were simpler times. Probably cause we were younget and didnt have life and bills to stress over. Everyone knew each other. Now its kind of just following the flavor of the week thotpiece.
>>
I fucking hate those people who feel the need to blast shitty club music from their giant speakers in con hallways
We get it. You think your Nightcore remixes are better than the "normie" music the rest of us apparently listen to
>>
>>10098286
Big agree. Their music fucking sucks and theyre shitty djs. Akon last year had that problem at the water gardens when 5-6 different people had their own speakers playing different shitty music. It was noisy and annoying.
>>
>>10094914
You get bonus points for reppin double toasted
>>
>>10097256
That's not what terf means.
>>
>>10094199
WHat about cosplaying from books without any visual adaptation
>>
>>10094672
>>10096372
We have enough non-anime conventions that it feels a bit unfair that all these normies are bringing their comic book stuff someplace where most people don't like that stuff. There are like 50 different official Comic-Cons and a bunch of other smaller cons, do they really need to be at Anime Expo? Instead, what should happen, but won't, is that people who dress up as stuff that doesn't fit in should not get any attention. Like, no compliments, no asking to take pictures, nothing. "Oh, you dressed up as the Joker? Who cares, move out of the way, I'm trying to get to a lewd loli panel." I think if people actually did this, then all the comic book and Dr. Who cosplay at anime cons would finally stop. It's never gonna happen though.
>>
>>10095908
To be a professional anything, I'd say you have to be able to support yourself financially with that profession. If they truly don't have another job and all they do is go to cons and take pictures or whore for Patreon supporters, then technically I'd considering them professionals.
>>
People who cosplay from a source material they don't know is lame as fuck.
>>
>>10098397
That's really difficult though... when you're friends with that Joker, and you want to goof off together, or you enjoy crossovers, or your interests just don't stop - point blank - at Japanese media. This kind of gatekeeping isn't sustainable purely because of how people interact.
>>
>>10097844
Dragoncon would absolutely trigger you then.
>>
>>10098418
NYART, but I don't think it's that hard to ask that people who attend anime conventions are actually interested in the theme itself, and for that one convention find something to cosplay from a japanese media that they apparently are into since they are at an ANIME convention. Like the other anon said, there are so many other conventions that cater to general fandom stuff that I don't see anything wrong with trying to keep anime conventions actually about what they advertise, and this includes the people that go there. I won't go shit up a comic con in a weeb cosplay whining about the program not catering to me: I'd love to get the same respect from others regarding the anime conventions I go to. With the amount of cons there are even just per year I think it's quite feasible to pick the ones that cater to your interests the most, and honestly it won't kill a person to not cosplay at one convention if all of their cosplays are from western media but they still really want to attend an anime con.
Obviously this kind of gate keeping isn't feasible to the people running the convention so all there is to do is whine and dream about what-could-have-beens, but this is what this thread is for I guess.
>>
I wish there were more 18+ cons out there to contain the costhots and and other degenerates. Just combine cosplay and sex and get it over with already.

I'm surprised that con prostitution isn't bigger these days.
>>
>>10098538
>Just combine cosplay and sex and get it over with already.

Isnt that already dragon con’s MO though?
>>
>>10098325
Their surmision is accurate, however.
>>
>>10097903

Adding to the armor cosplay comment. It makes you wonder. Why did you invest years into armor cosplay that you only wear every now and then? Sure the dime a dozen d.vas are getting more attention. But to quote Cap from the Avengers

>“Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away, and what are you?”

A competent D.Va cosplayer is still pretty and enough charisma and sex appeal to be model material. Without your armor cosplay you are just another brick in wall and certain not Tony Stark.
>>
>>10098722
>But to quote Cap from the Avengers

>“Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away, and what are you?”

rich coming from a roidhead
>>
Drawing porn fanart > costhotting

Bonus if you can pander to furries
>>
Cosplaying as real people is fucking weird (like Markiplier,Game Grumps, Jackscepticeye etc)
>>
>>10098795
>Drawing cute (fan)art >>> Drawing porn fanart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> costhotting
>>
>>10098805
The obsession with them is real. there was a girl in my college art class whose projects every time were jacksepticeye related. Either cartoon versions of him or his quotes or whatever. College.
Not to mention the YouTuber threads on /y/
>>
>>10098806
Honestly... yes anon you’re right
I love being an artist t b h
>>
>>10097680
I mean, there’s not really a lot of young male theatre kids that are into cosplay, while a lot of girls are.
>>
>>10098795
Speaking of furries
Furries have no place inany anime/video game/comic con
>>
>>10098785

Most armor cosplayers can't say they are billionaires (or even millionaires), genius, playboy, philanthropist or any of Tony's secondary positive traits
>>
>>10098538
>>10098605
That's more into the purview of Frolicon.
>>
>>10094686
It feels to me like fandom related cons just tend to attract shittier than average people because tons of people who are fans of video games, anime, comics, and similar media into their adulthood never fully grow up. I'm not saying it's inherently wrong or immoral to like any of the above, but I see so many people who really need to get a life, and maybe therapy, in a con setting, it's crazy. That's my theory on why so much stupid bullshit happens at conventions.
>>
>>10094831
You don't want a cgl gf
>>
>>10095138
People want to be paid to behave like children. For many normies these days, it's the dream job. Same with twitch and esports. It's so fucking stupid
>>
>>10098538
That sounds like a wonderful way to start an STD epidemic.
>>
>>10098418
>>10098481
Back from work so now I get to reply to stuff. Yes, I'm aware what I'm asking for is impossible, it would just be nice if anime cons were actually about anime and not a bunch of western stuff and also maybe anime if there's room left.
>>
>>10098814
>there was a girl in my college art class whose projects every time were jacksepticeye related.

whoa This sounds exactly like someone I knew who did the same, only with Markiplier. I think these let’s players just really appeal to lonely nerds, especially girls. The hardcore obsession is bizarre tho.
And don’t get me started on those threads, they’re just plain creepy. Wish /y/ would ditch them
>>
Smh at this purist atittudes trying to completely segregate anime and comic cons while the japs at comiket can freely cosplay anything they want
>>
File: 1496079401939.png (97 KB, 500x520)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>10099147
>comparing comiket to western conventions
If you're trying to make a point at least try to make one that makes any sense. Comiket is an event for artists to sell doujin goods, nothing like the conventions over here. Also the cosplay culture in comiket is so different from the one in western conventions you have no ground to stand on with this "argument".
>>
>>10099218
>so different

Other than cosplayers in comiket only allowed in a certain space, whats so different?

>comiket is for doujins

So are the AAs in western cons, not to mention comiket is slowly becoming culturally similar to sdcc/nycc in terms of selling out

Major japanese companies are announcing big news/ips via comiket
>>
>>10098930
>con people
>having sex
>>
>>10099338
Nice burn but I think this is more common then you think
>>
>>10094654
t. a fatty
>>
>>10099226
The fact that the cosplayers aren't going to affect the content offered at comiket because they are doing their own separate thing outside the actual venue, the fact that cosplayers from western media are still merely a handful in comparison to cosplays from japanese media, the fact that a whole fucking event dedicated to doujin goods with over forty years of history is in no way comparable to your local cons dingy AA.
The problem a lot of people have isn't a few people cosplaying from western comics or cartoons at an anime con, it's the fact that fans of those western media and general fandom stuff are starting to be the majority at anime conventions. And not just people who like both western and japanese media, but people who are solely into western stuff and just neeed to attend every con their way even if the program and theme doesn't interest them. But what the attendees want is what the conventions will cater to, so those of us who prefer anime over western media (despite most likely also liking it) are a minority means that there will probably not be conventions that cater to us and our interests, even though they used to be the norm. Also since ages ago people at comic cons have complained about weeb attendees and anime cosplays, I think it's only fair that the people at anime cons get to then complain about comic book nerds and capeshit cosplays. It's not a bad thing to divide cons by interest because then the programming, GoH, and general theme will be more targeted and most likely better quality than "a little bit of everything" at every con.
>>
File: 1543395002407.jpg (33 KB, 564x517)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>10099085
Whoa. This sounds exactly like someone I knew who did the same, only with Henry Cavill. I think TMZ just really appeals to lonely nerds, especially girls. The hardcore obsession is bizarre tho.
And don’t get me started on those threads, they’re just plain creepy. Wish /tv/ would ditch them
>>
File: ygckubhl2n121.png (51 KB, 515x395)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>10099338
You joke, but, well pic related.
>>
>>10099746
>implying weebs = furries
>>
>>10094686
How come when girls talk about getting creeped on at cons they talk about it like they're bragging? Like they always sound like they're proud of it or something.
>>
>>10099756
I think this all the time. It’s because they are bragging. Lonely attention desperate girls or not “cosfamous” but want to be.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1549125019367.jpg (16 KB, 602x481)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
I am so tired of accounts following me and then unfollowing me in two days or even minutes after I don't give them a follow back. People are such number hungry pieces of shit these days.
But I wish I could grow my following. I just don't get how anyone is achieving that these days without just taking their clothes off or getting super lucky. It's frustrating.
>>
>>10099756
This, it's just another form of attention whoring and getting it. Negative attention is still attention.
>>
>>10099435

You said it yourself, cons market to what attendees want to see and the stuff the west is putting out right now is, rightly or wrongly, more appealing to badge-buyers than new anime is. Japan is losing market share over here, and unless that trend reverses hard and we get another Naruto level release, or CalArts burns to the ground, cons are going to keep catering to what gets people in the door.

Your best bet is to attend and promote cons with strict Japanese only focus. Cons can't and shouldn't do anything about what cosplayers are wearing but there's quite a few cons that only allow programming, guests, contest entries, etc, from Japanese media. Attend feedback sessions and let them know you appreciate the focus. Suggest fresh Anime focused panels.

The era of Anime-only cons is probably mostly over, like the era of SciFi Only cons before them and Book Cons before that. Most cons will morph into culture/multigenerational, but a few will hang on, just like there's a few ancient niche old school cons today. Support those. Demographics are against you unfortunately.
>>
>>10099746
>HIV

Ill die a virgin
>>
>>10099870
>we get another Naruto level release
Im out of touch. but i feel like Shingeki no Kyojin and My Hero Academia were as big phenomenon as naruto
>>
>>10099875
I agree with this, I think they’re at the same level
>>10099870
This makes me cry, I’ll never be happy again.
>>
>>10099872
Thank god
>>
File: 1385595571855.jpg (170 KB, 819x410)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>10099870
I do personally make it a point to support cons that I feel cater to my interest the best. There's literally only one local con that still markets itself as purely anime/japanese focused, and so far they've always flown in GoH's from Japan. I go every year, always attend GoH programs, and if I'm not organizing something myself, I spend the majority of it going to panels specifically about anime/manga. I always leave a bunch of positive feedback about these things in hopes that it'll show there's an interest from returning attendees.

However just a little while ago said convention did a poll about what type of programming the attendees felt was most important to them at this specific con, and not only did the cosplay related programs win by a landslide, GoH was voted /the least/. It ended up even below stuff like AMV's. This makes me really worried because currently this is the only con that actually puts some effort into their guests and for me personally it's always been the best part to hear about actual industry professionals talk about their work and behind the scenes stuff. I pretty much stopped attending other cons because I just didn't feel like I got enough out of them to justify paying for tickets and travel, and I'd be genuinely devastated if this one con went down the same path of catering to the lowest common denominator with their program.

I'm very aware that I'm mostly likely part of a very small minority regarding this subject, but I feel like wanting a thing you like to stay as is and not be ruined by things you're not fond of by people who didn't like it that much in the first place is very much an universally understandable feeling and not something I'd have to justify to some people. The large majority of cons are all inclusive fandom messes, at the very least let the one con that still sticks to their theme stay that way.
>>
>>10094663

Why do they think they are better than anime nerds?
>>
>>10100493

Oh yeah, I'm sympathetic, man, I just think you're unfortunately on a dying side. Sorry, bruh.

What con?
>>
>>10097914
The truth and nothing but
>>
>>10099875
SNK,MHA and not shounen but both Yuri on Ice and Maid Dragon experienced a lot of success on social media
>>
I'm a 30-year old male & I've never cosplayed, but I've always been interested in trying. I keep finding that the older I get, the more limited my options become.
>>
>>10100550
Because being dressed in cOoL black and white hiphop bastardized clothes and calling manufactured foreign singers yaaas MY KINGS are so important! Namjin sluts get in here!! is not as nerdy as dressing up as cartoon characters in their own environment duh
>>
I am extremely relieved that people at cons stopped randomly yelling "BUTTSCRATCHER!" and other le random things. I know the tradition will continue with newer things but thank the lord I never have to hear a Peter Griffin impression ever again at an anime con
>>
>find item you want at the vendor in the dealers hall
>whip out phone
>look up cheaper prices online for the in front of the vendor
Do the right thing or at the very least, look up prices away from the vendor
>>
>>10101289
naw fuck that.
>>
>>10101289
Why are you looking at a stranger's phone?
>>
>>10101289
Are you kidding me? Is the vendor snooping on everyone's phone as they browse? Checking a price takes like 15 seconds and is a normal part of shopping.
>>
>>10100810

They also love to lurk around raves looking for impressionable cosplayers. Stereotypical kpopheads really do resemble hood thugs sometimes

>>10101289

The grim reality is once you factor in S&H you dont really save money buying online from Japan.
>>
>>10100804
Look to western works and video games, they are much more oriented for the male/older population. Or you can say fuck all to accuracy and just cosplay whatever little girl you want.
>>
>>10101407
Especially from amiami or hobbysearch.

What kind of bullshit company doesn't charge shipping UPFRONT.
>>
This is not so much a grievance as it is a sad and all-too-familiar frustration but still. The Cornet DD I had my eye on sold the day I got my tax returns back and I'm absolutely crushed.
>>
>>10094242
There's a lot of fandom crossover, so this is bound to happen. Many people who read comics play video games. People who like video games often watch anime.
>>
>>10100804
> I keep finding that the older I get, the more limited my options become.

Just get /fit/
>>
>>10100804
>I keep finding that the older I get, the more limited my options become.
If you want to cosplay twinks/bishies maybe
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10100846
I do miss ICE COLD WATER ONLY ONE DOLLAR! though.
>>
>>10098814
>youtuber threads on /y/
well fuck my life senpai
>>
>>10098538
>someone’s never heard of GKE
>>
>>10097254
Fucking normies politizing shit, they did it to this site and now cons
>>
All these brand specific threads are stupid.
>>
File: 1495646956790.png (62 KB, 216x219)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>Normies who go to anime cons only to complain about how many nerds and autists there are
LIKE, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT
>>
I'll never understand how people can think self-made crap like this will sell at such a price (excluding shipping). I mean how naive can you be?
>>
>>10102627
I mean it's cute, it's just not $14 plus shipping cute
>>
Cosplay is running my self esteem. Ever since I started getting a bigger following and got deeper in the community, I seriously can’t stop comparing myself to other cosplayers. I feel like I’ll never be pretty or skinny enough. It’s to the point where I feel like I have to get plastic surgery. I could never be “good enough” without it.
>>
>>10096705
...what?
>>
is it bad i wish my comm were less welcoming to newbs? only myself and 3 others wear actual coords to meets.
>>
I sometimes lie awake at night wondering why The Onceler was a thing
>>
>>10104026
You can be welcoming to newbies and still enforce the dress code for meetups. Lolita meetups being overtaken by non-lolita weebs, though crappy, is a fixable situation.
>>
is there anything better than getting a bad flu and recovering before a con, thus ensuring you won't catch con plague because your body is full of white blood cells
>>
>>10104052
i feel bad imposing rules because i'm not a mod and haven't been in the comm as long as some but it just makes us look like a joke when so many look a mess
>>
File: 20190212_221423.jpg (922 KB, 1080x1714)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
So whose bf is this? Lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/aq0xgn/my_29m_girlfriends_23f_fashion_taste_is_putting_a/
>>
>>10104120
If you're going to post or refer to your fanfic in every thread, at least do it in on-topic ones.
>>
>>10104131
Haven't seen this in another thread, and where would this belong?
>>
>>10094686
If this a legit girl and not a tranny, you might feel hot initially, like "wow, he finds me attractive" if he gives you some lewd glance or wolf whistle, but it goes downhill immediately. Men are fucking creeps and will stalk you, not take no for an answer, and if you are even slightly cosfamous you are begging for harassment and for them to treat you like their fake girlfriend when they're total strangers. Remember that men are responsible for basically all rapes, kidnapping and murders. Now think about your statement again. It's much better to get the attention of women saying your makeup is good or the construction on your cosplay is nice. Never seek the attention of men for your own privacy, safety, and dignity.
>>
can KPOP people leave the anime con? no one is gonna care about how you touch yourself to your weird BTS imagines.
>>
>>10104134
>Remember that men are responsible for basically all rapes, kidnapping and murders.
what a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>10104169
Found the incel in denial. Need some statistics?
>>
>>10104163
The gay headcanons they have about real life people is so fucking weird. I wish their fanart would stop showing up on my insta.
>>
>>10104169
nayrt, statistics show that in the US 73% of all crime is committed by males. And what do you know, 88.7% of homicides and 99.1% of forcible rape are done by men. Color me surprised.
>>
>>10104169
stats are against you buddy
>>
>>10104169
Facts don't care about your feelings :^)
>>
Don't draw lines on your face unless the rest of your getup has lines to match.
Yes, that means YOU JoJo cosplayers
>>
File: letsnot.jpg (14 KB, 500x109)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>10104134
>>
>>10104207
>>10104211
I'm a woman, but okay. Care to link to these supposed "facts". Men are also less likely to report rapes. Women are consistently given lesser sentences for similar/same crimes. Etc.
>>
>>10099746
Furries are actually mostly gay men, so no surprise there. The gender ratio is pretty even at cons and is way healthier both sexually and morally than a degenerate furry convention.
>>
>>10104041
the sheer power of lust
>>
>>10100804
If you're talking about the really young bishounen type characters, honestly, women tend to do them best who have the proper face structure. Just do what you want, though, anon. Just think "better late than never" with cosplay. I do recommend Western series to try.
>>
>>10097844
>bringing up Yoko a 15 year old with massive tits in a bikini and acting like age must be accurate for it
>you can't bond at an anime con if you're older than 27
>most people that run cons are not in their 20s
>there's plenty of panels, activities, and groups that have older fans
>only young people should cosplay!
>nevermind older characters exist in all types of media
>no one wants to see an "old 27 year old" cosplay a loli
>loli
You sound like a fucking pedophile. Nobody is going to cater to you or going to want to cater to you.
>>
>>10104290
it is rather embarrassing seeing old people trying to cosplay teen chars but they can still cosplay I think
>>
I'm on /cgl/ for lolita but it's getting on my nerves how over the last few weeks lolita threads have been increasingly flooding the board. Do we really need separate threads for every brand, substyle, youtuber or scalper? This board is already slow and some of these threads get very little traffic so it feels forced to me. It woud be different if the lolita threads were organically more active than the cosplay ones, but some of them are making their way to page 10 with only a handful of replies. Please chill out with creating a new thread for every little thing.
>>
>>10104378
I complained about this in one of the threads. Still getting trolled as per usual. Ugh.
>>
>>10104378
I don't think those are going to stay permanently. They have been a nice intro to the fashion for newbies, showing off the different brands' histories and what makes them unique. I really like it as a one-off thing.
>>
>>10104163
I feel bad about KPOP because the local Japanese supermarket here in san diego started to stock those BTS merch on their shelves

ack
>>
Im not a fan of furries but i still think Rainfrrest was a sabotage/inside job.
>>
>>10104450
It was a group of goons from my understanding aka Something Awful. They do private ops like this sometimes.
>>
I have no idea what’s good lolita versus bad Lolita, especially after being on this board.
>>
>>10098795
now this guy knows what’s up
>>
>>10099218
on that note I wish there was something like comiket over here. There are artist alleys but I want more, yknow?
>>
>>10104570
That's fine, the difference shouldn't matter to you unless you are or want to be a lolita yourself.
>>
I really, really want a Yume Niki inspired print
>>
I hate the word "dapper" so much especially in association with ouji...it just gives off a general neckbeard feel
Every time I see it my brain registers it as "diaper" which is not, in any way, elegant.
>>
>>10104795
How about “natty”? “Spiffy”? “Debonair”?
>>
File: cmnv7VMy1rleeyp_540.jpg (39 KB, 540x502)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
I fucking hate how difficult its getting to get into convention AAs
>>
>>10104804
Those words are all fine. I also like "dashing" too.
>>
>>10104534
>>10104450
>They do private ops like this sometimes.
Alright lads, I'm strapped in. Give me your conspiracies, I've never heard of this kind of debauchery. I know about Rainfurrest, but I thought that was just a rowdy crowd.
>>
I’m nothing pretty but I’m really good at makeup. It feels like I’m cheating but it’s nice to know I can make myself look better
>>
I'm going to cosplay Shield Hero to TRIGGER THE LIBS! OWN THE LIBS!
>>
>>10094261
>Dear Evan Hansen
The only way I can see that working is cosplaying as Evan himself since the cast sticks out, but even then I can't see how that would make for a discernible cosplay
>>
File: 2edgy.jpg (23 KB, 400x400)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>10104908
cringe
>>
I can't bring myself to watch neither Lor's nor Tyler's videos, because they're both so ugly. Sorry.
I know that this has nothing to do with the quality of their content or coords, but I simply prefer lolitas with genuinely pretty faces. But sadly, there aren't many of them.
I also think that lolita always looks better on asians (saying this as a white girl).
>>
>>10104941
I especially hate broadway/musical cosplay if people can't freaking sing the parts. It makes you look even more of a pathetic wannabe theater fag.
>>
>>10105095
If you mean "don't know the words" then yeah that's annoying, but if you mean "poor singing skills," I think you can definitely appreciate theater from a technical standpoint. Either way musical cosplays just don't work for the most part
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34 KB, 480x360)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>10105032
>>
>>10105208
Both work, but I meant "poor singing skills".
>>
>>10094686
Tfw sort of same, but also not really, speaking as a guy though

The most i've got were two really shy girls doodling a picture of who I was cosplaying along with an instant tag, complimenting my cosplay, and giving it to me before running away. Also, several extended mires before asking for photos.
>>
Cosplaying as Super Mario is never offensive
>>
i hate seeing hiked-up skirts on lolitas; it's not even a modesty thing, the silhouette just looks like they're wearing an apple around their butts. i know some girls are just super tall and it's not their fault some brand lengths seem like they're designed for ants, but damn, it's still an eyesore. underskirts are your friend.
>>
>going to an anime con just to get laid with a bunch of cosplayers
>>
File: gfgmjgc.jpg (18 KB, 507x308)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Homestuck was a fucking trash fire but I had a lot of fun witnessing and participating in it.
>>
>>10105442
>The most i've got were two really shy girls doodling a picture of who I was cosplaying along with an instant tag, complimenting my cosplay, and giving it to me before running away.
>getting free art and a compliment
That actually sounds really cute anon
>>
>>10105656
I miss it sometimes, but don't want to get into friendism?? hiveswap was fun and had that old hs feeling, but idk I'm not interested in friendism
>>
>>10105488
I prefer seeing too short skirts/dresses on a tall girl over short lolitas with stumpy legs. Knee lenght skirts already create the illusion of your legs looking a bit bigger than they actually are, so if you're short and/or fat... Not a good look.
>>
>>10105758
Damn I can see her bloomers
>>
>>10105332
God. Cgl is nothing but Tyler's fucking defense force.
>>
>>10105841
Exactly.
It's so annoying, lately it's really going overboard...
>>
>>10094335

Even cringier than Steven Universe?
>>
>>10105530
This
>>
>>10096036
Sounds like tele-dad format

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.