[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 85 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: bc9PnPhA_400x400.jpg (41 KB, 400x400)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Anybody going to attend AB this year? What are you looking forward to the most? What are your plans?
>>
maybe its just the locality of the goers (mostly in town, college/high school aged) but the party scene has always been lacking, combined with the puritan culture that Boston harbors.
>>
>>10094055
Huh? During after-hours (9pm - 3am) it's gotten pretty weird. Never any outright parties, though.

But anyway OP, I'm going. I always look forward to the Touhou part of the con. Fun to get drunk in public and wander the con.
>>
>>10094070
Touhou part of the con?
>>
>>10094103
yes AB has a pretty large touhou presence
>>
Yea, I'll be there. I submitted a panel today--I'm really hoping it gets in. Normally I submit within the first few days of apps being open, but I was super sick when they opened, then the holidays happened, and before I knew it, the deadline was approaching.
>>
>>10094003
Super excited. Ill be judging for the masquerade, possibly going to be 2hu both days but still up in the air.
>>
It's actually surprising how many people are dressing up as 2chu, I will be dressed as one too. Not sure what I will be doing for the other two days.
>>
>>10094984
What 2hu? I'm currently working on Mokou
>>
>>10094070
i met some of you guys last year, it was pretty nice. i missed going out to drink with some of you, some bRo-yuko and friends, since you guys left before i realized it.
that miss mayhem cosplayer, tho. i wished i said something sooner, but i was in awe that some madman actually did it.

after i left the late night panel to go back to my room, i found some bro-tier drunk people and shared some screwdrivers with a random black skaterhobo dude who had vodka and oj in his bag, he was pretty chill guy and we broke some bread. we parted ways with him and we hung out at some rooms and split, by the time i got back i had a text for a party but was already asleep. craziest night ive had at AB so far, i wanna go again just to meet and party with some fellow weebs.
>>
>>10095005
A friend of mine wanted to dress like maids, so it's a good excuse to dress like sakuya's touhouvania vers.
>>
Con is great because it is local, and panels selected are good. FLOW last year was fantastic But nightlife is still...

>>10094055
Agreed. Do AB goers not know how to room party? Wandering the con center drunk is fun for only so long.

>>10094611
GL mate! (I submitted one some time ago as well.) What’s the focus on?
>>
Working on the cosplay now. Will definitely do a Saturday.
>>
Pretty excited, ABoston is a pretty good con and I'm a local so I save money on hotels at least. Really hoping they have a rave or some sort of night event, Boston does have quite a few bars but I'd be a bit apprehensive going in cosplay to one (if it didn't have an event)
>>
>>10095413

Lots of room parties at AB. People just don't invite strangers. It's the New Englander Freeze
>>
>>10095413
Yeah I wish the nightlife was a bit more active. Would be down to party in my cosplay or something.
>>10095661
Sucks, be fun if there was more parties public.
>>10094984
>>10095005
I'm gonna be Marisa again. Look for a tall Marisa dude. You guys gonna attend the photoshoot?
>>
>>10095439

AB will never do another rave unless all the senior staff they've had for the past 5-10 years quit.
>>
>>10094003
I'm just excited to swing around a massive sword desu
>>10094055
I heard the rave shut down due to spergs from PAX East ruining it one year
>>
Anyone gonna be doing TF2 or HxH? Doing both during the con but my friends are all doing other costumes besides Sunday and Friday PM
>>
>>10098890
I might be doing kite
>>
>>10098890
I know one of my friends is doing Medic, not sure what day tho
>>
>>10098831

Rave was shut down due to some attendees taking way more than just standard party/rave drugs, too many ambulances called, and somebody getting in an altercation with the cops. After that, the city said no more. Classic No Fun Boston.
>>
>>10098895
You going to the meetup on Friday if you end up doing him?
>>
File: IMG_20190205_193153_203.jpg (111 KB, 720x1195)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>10096198
Most likely will go to the shoot! Finished pic related for katsu, depends on how fucked the wig gets. I might wear her for the masquerade awards on saturday, in which case ill be at the saturday meet
>>
>>10098960
The hotel ended up losing their event license for a year so it was justified. Also the city had nothing to do with it. The hotel did.
>>
>>10099426
probably, I haven't planned much yet
>>
>>10098960
Yeah, that's what I was told. Wasn't that the year that Pax and AB coincided?
>>
>>10099620
damn that looks great!! cant wait to see
>>
>>10100856
Thanks anon!! keep the thread updated on the meet if you know anything about when/where, I haven't seen anything concrete yet
>>
>>10099620
Cute!!
>>
all the recent drama with Vic made me think--didn't he get banned from Anime Boston a few years ago? I asked a few people I know, and I've heard stories ranging from "he got underage fans to bring him booze" to "he got drunk and trashed a hotel room."
>>
>>10094003
It's silly that the main thing I'm looking forward to is the food around Boston. I work a booth so it's basically the same thing every year with the only change ups being whatever goes down at night.

I'm gonna hit up KBBQ and GoGoCurry over in Cambridge, HotPot over in China town, and I gotta get the ramen over at Santouka by the convention center.

Yo food blog anon from last year; lets grab a meal again.
>>
>>10102033
I'd recommend Trident Bookstore & Cafe on Newbury Street, and Zaftigs Deli in Brookline. Not Asian food, but good local places.
>>
>>10102033
Best MA ramen is pikaichi in medford if you’re willing to make the hike for some authentic noodles
>>
>>10102297
This is incorrect. Sapporo and Yume Wo Katare are superior, both found in Cambridge. Fight me.
>>
>>10102297
You probably just live in Medford. I lived there for a year and I still think Santouka is superior. In fact, it’s the second best ramen I’ve had in America (the first being Ivan Ramen in NY).
>>
>>10102269
I just checked their menu and it seems pretty nice. Are they packed during regular meal hours during the con? I know Eataly is always a hassle getting in and out of during lunch and I usually just grab breakfast and lunch there as soon as they open for my staff. I'd like to not have the prepared food at Eataly again for all breakfasts/lunches.
>>
>>10102774
They are both popular locations, more so because of the locals than con goers. If you go at the right time, you won't have to wait long. Probably avoid the brunch-hours on the weekend for both. But the kicker is they both serve breakfast all day long.

Really, if you want to avoid the bulk of the con crowds, go in any direction about 2 blocks. You'll be away from the con goers and around locals and regular tourists.
>>
>>10103053
this. a good block or two at the right time gets away from the weekend weeb rush.

although im quite fond of The Pour House right behind the con. beer and chicken 'n waffles all day e'rry day.
>>
>>10102675
Nope, I don't live in Medford; I've followed them since they started in Allston. I will admit, I'm biased because I'm a sucker for a family run shop with a tight-knit staff. Santouka's ramen feels manufactured in comparison

>>10102601
Yume is delicious but if I eat it more than once I month I feel like I'll go into cardiac arrest lol
>>
Was honestly considering making the trip on my own, but found out my friends also want to go this year.

We're trying to get an AirBNB since we're trying to make it a cheap trip. Are there any areas we should steer clear of or that will be easy to commute from?
>>
File: received_637292700055998.jpg (1002 KB, 3024x4032)
1002 KB
1002 KB JPG
>>10103369
Yume and Sapporo anon here. Pikaichi ain't bad. We don't have to fight.
>>
>>10103419
Stay away from Roxbury and Dorchester in general. Those are both sketchy areas (so they're both going to be cheaper but also sketchier)

Roxbury is honestly hit and miss as hell, some areas/regions are nice (like where I'm currently living) and others are "weekly assault/theft/stabbing central"
>>
>>10103419
>>10103724
Seconding Roxbury; it isn't the best area.
>>
File: pic4.png (358 KB, 530x354)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
Im looking forward to avoiding this toxic person. Stalker and cosplay creep. He has aspergers but its still no excuse for Terrance Hanlon to hurt so many people and psychologically abuse them.

Be safe peeps.
>>
>>10103419
Along with the others mentioned, I would avoid Jamaica Plain, especially at night, because it's where the addicts and dealers come out
>>
>>10103853
Woah, any stories on this guy? why hasn't be been banned?
>>
>>10103892
theres a bunch of people on fb talking about him. some really gross stuff, but general con stalker. I know at least one girl quit fb and another stopped going to cons because of him. I don't have the screen caps but they kept popping up on my fb.
>>
>>10103916
Can't find anything, what fb pages? What's some of the shit he's done?
>>
>>10103853
Heads up, I once outed a rapist group on this board for another convention and got my posts removed. Be careful of posts like this where you name the person.
>>
>>10099642

Actually the Mayor (who still is the mayor now) made a statement about shutting down "electronic music concerts / events" same year there was a smililar problem with an Aviicii (rip) concert
>>
>>10100320
Huh. I never knew that.
Makes loads of sense now.

>>10098960
>>10104330
Mayor Walsh has always been a dweeb.
Had no clue he banned EDM concerts though. Huh. Eh, whatever.

>>10094984
I wish I could cosplay as Ran, but I have no money to my name at the moment. Sorry. Maybe I'll slip into the 2hu shoots for photos though.

I mean if anyone wants to club/rave, there's always Xmortis in Cambridge.
>>
>>10095005
I will keep an eye out for a tall Marisa, although I may not be able to make it to the photoshoot, because of obligations
>>10106540
Money issues are always a bitch, will you be dressed as something else instead?
>>
Does anyone here know of any cheap hotels near the convention (or even just in boston) that allow people under 21 to check in? The oldest people in our group are 20 and we're having trouble finding one that will take us..
>>
>>10107571
Me and my friends were 17-18 last year and the midtown hotel lets you. I can say the place was only really ok for sleeping at, don't expect much luxury.
>>
>>10103419
I'm a MA native, 1hr away from Boston all my life.

Boston is a cesspool. Try to get an airBNB outside the city if you can, but somewhere on the red or purple T line. Weymouth/quincy wouldnt be bad.
>>
Anyone else planning samurai/kamakura period cosplays?
>>
>>10108447

>Boston is a cesspool
>Weymouth/Quincy wouldnt be bad

baka, youre definitely from an hour outside of Boston if not more hahaha
>>
>>10108447
That is literally the worst advice you could give someone. Also the "purple line" (commuter rail you dipshit) has a shitty weekend schedule
>>
>>10108447
>MA native
>"purple line"

you sure about that?
>>
Are there usually tickets left for sale at the door? Im thinking of driving up from NY for Sunday only, but i dont see tickets available for sale on the website.
>>
>>10108447
lmao don't give people misleading advice. Check the file name hombre.
>>
>don't care for panels or dealers room
>usually would just do photoshoots, talk to randoms/mutuals and get drunk at night
Should I skip out on AB?
>>
>>10109824
They do, my advice would be to go to early, I usually have friends that come on Sundays
>>10110158
Are you me? I generally go anyway, because I dress up and like to take pictures, talk to people, meet people from here. I think it all boils down to the mindset of "I am going to have fun and make the most of it"
>>
>>10110139
>calls Boston a cesspool
>suggests Quincy
>>
>>10110158
Nah I go for similar reasons. AB isnt the best con but it's the only way I could meet up with different friends and strangers in a single weekend without having to travel much.
>>
>>10102033
>Santouka
good shit I should go there again it's been a while.
>>
File: 20180303_085312.jpg (11 KB, 94x94)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>AB is on 4/20
>In a legal state
>>
File: 764750397_1464257.gif (114 KB, 252x254)
114 KB
114 KB GIF
>>10110996
>my birthday is on 4/20
ayyy
>>
>>10094003
I'm kinda tempted to check out Boston for a day, im in an airline internship and can get to and from pretty easily.

does anyone know pricing for a saturday pass? i only saw weekend and sunday online :c
>>
>>10111219
They only have weekend passes or sunday passes. Sunday is the only single day they allow because AB is run by assholes.
>>
>>10111220
well...I could always pack a lolita coord and go on foodie/craft beer trip? take me nice places pls anons? haha
>>
>>10111225
>Santouka
the previously mentioned Santouka is pretty good lol.
>>
>>10111225
plan b was to visit boston on easter weekend instead since my company gives us the day off on good friday; santouka sounds good
>>
>>10111230
AB is on Easter weekend.
>>
>>10111225
As long as you aren’t a sissy; you can join my girl friends and I.
>>
Too bad santouka is such a small place. Woulda been nice to have a meet up there instead of just at the con.
>>
>only AB thread is on /cgl/
Hi other crossposters!
>>
>>10111613
Where else would it be?
>>
>>10111616
/x/
>>
>>10111624
Bogpilled crossposter
>>
>>10111573
Yeah all the other good ramen places I know are also tiny.
>>
We /ck/ now.

Is Eataly just a meme or is there authentic Italian food there? I've never been to one before and it seems so interesting but I'd be pretty bummed desu if it turned out to be some meme bodega.
>>
>>10111699
I'm not really that knowledgeable about Italian but I would guess it's authentic. The majority of it is an Italian market so lots of pasta and giant fucking cheese wheels but there is also one or two restaurants that I suspect would be kinda pricey.
>>
>>10111699
The prepared food isn't that legit but the raw materials are. Go to Mamma Maria's for some good ass Itallian.
>>
>>10099642
The hotel straight up lied to the con they lost the licence for like 6 weeks
>>
>>10108447
nigga Quincy is a hole
>>
Shun's Kitchen is really good, I recommend it. Also, some French place across the street from the Prudential is great. Good cheeseburgers.
>>
>>10108447
So dumb. As someone who lived in Boston for a year and half, this is bad advice. Try to find an Airbnb on the GREEN line. The closest train stop to the con is Hynes convention center and that's on the green line. Legit a 5 min walk from the stop to the con.

Also you can find food on Mass Ave within a 5 min walk from the same station. I usually go to Wendy's or the small affordable Italian place.
>>
>>10094003
Lol no I live in Michigan
>>
>>10112827
You mean Royales with cheese. You pleb.
>>
>>10112925
This

I've lived in Boston for 3 years now as a student. This is good advice. I don't think orange line is that far away (it's a 10 min hike I think from the Mass Ave stop), but it's also considerably sketchier.

I legit hate how expensive food in Boston is. There's almost no good small places to grab lunch for less than $5. Looking at New York, you got corner places a-plenty for that much, whether it's 2Bros or whatever. Boston is too yuppie in that regard.

>>10108447
nobody calls it the purple line boi it's "commuter rail"
>>
>>10112975
You can just take the orange line to back bay then cross the street and get to the con through the mall.
>>
>>10111444
!!! I'll see what i can do; i talked to family members and they want me to visit a relative in ny on easter weekend...but other weekends before and after are fair game :) thank you for the invitation.
>>
Oh boy another year of telling my family that I'm spending Easter lunch with a bunch of sweaty weebs instead of them
>>
>>10113550
I might finally skip Easter this year idk. It's not people I really want to hang out with anyway.
>>
If anyone is in boston area (postin in this thred since I'm assuming a good chunk of people here are bostonians), there's going to be a promo at a store called Garment District this Friday, where you can get 15 pounds of second hand clothing for free if you're a student. link should be on their facebook somewhere

and no, i'm not a shill for them, i'm just trying to get some free shit to tinker with and thought some of yall would be interested
>>
Im hyped that there will be Shaman King cosplayers this year supposedly. Cant wait to bring back my old cosplay and hoping to see some fellow SK cosplayers
>>
>>10112975

orange line is super walkable through the mall... it's only sketchy if you're from the bumfuck suburbs, worst that'll happen is you'll watch some dude OD but since it's heroin it's not like he'll tweek at you while doing it
>>
>>10109734
Purple line is commuter rail dumbass

You sure _you're_ from here?
>>
>>10114831
Literally no one calls it the purple line if you're from here.
>>
>>10114831
Yeah I’ve never heard anyone call it the purple line.
>>
>>10115041
>>10115054
Not that anon but up in the Northeast corner of MA we all call it the purple line
>>
>>10115171
Ipswitch is gay and so are you
>>
>>10115171
Weirdos.
>>
>>10115041
Then you ain't been here long enough.
>>
>>10115171

Dude if you're from fucking Gloucester then you're not from here, here being Boston. Nothing grinds my gears more than townies from Lynn walking around "yea I'm from Bahston GO PATS"

It's the commuter rail/line.
>>
>>10115542
I’ve been here my whole life and never heard someone call it that.
>>
>>10115555
From "here" meaning from MA
I wouldn't wish being from Bahsten on my worst enemy
Btw it's purple line
>>
>>10115555
Could be worse. Could be a pretentious college kid who just moved here and thinks themself a Bostonian and the authority on all things MA
>>
>>10115921
Seriously, if you go to college in Boston and you want to act like you're fucking superior in knowledge to other people about the city then piss off
>>
So yeah, about the con instead of an e-pissing contest of WHO KNOWS MORE ABOUT BOSTON.

What're all you kids cosplay as this year? Debuting anything new?
>>
>>10115947
Just getting my purple line cosplay ready.
>>
>>10115947
Con isn't for almost another 2 months we can have some fun before the new thread gets made

Fuck off
>>
How does everyone feel about the idol showcase being introduced this year? I want to believe it'll be good but realistically I see a trainwreck of shitty covers from the people who didn't get accepted into the Masquerade. It'll be entertaining, at the very least.
>>
>>10117183
I'm picturing a cringefest but I could be wrong.
>>
>>10115947
but arguing about who knows Boston better is my favorite part of Anime Boston, anon
>>
>>10116007
>purple line cosplay
kek

>>10117183
As long as it weeds most of the idol performances out of the Masquerade (not that the AB Masq was loaded with them last year), I'm cool with it.
>>
>>10117577
On the topic of the masquerade, anyone know who the judges will be this year? Whenever I compete I like to know what to expect.
>>
>>10117606
The judges list is usually up on the site around this time, but I haven't seen anything yet. Also, hello fellow Masquerade participant!
>>
>>10108447
LMFAO ten bucks on Bedford resident scared of anyone not white
>>
>>10103419
>>10103871

Jamaca Plain isn't too bad as long as you stay around the station or go in a group, honestly police are out all the time so you'll be fine
>>
>>10117662
I work in Bedford and haven't seen a single black person on the streets yet.
Lots of Koreans though
>>
>>10094003
I'm doing my HECU Soldier on Friday, Peace Walker Big Boss on Saturday afternoon, Business Casual Big Boss on Saturday night, and my Elite Knight armor on Sunday.

I'm looking forward to seeing my outta-state buddies, along with running the MGS shoot on Friday afternoon.
>>10103853
>SWO cosplayer is a creep with asparagus
Shocker. Truly.
>>10108447
>Weymouth wouldn't be that bad
My Hard-R Boi, lemme tell you something; Weymouth is one of the heroin capitals of the country and all the townies suck, do NOT go to Weymouth.
>>
>>10119927
>MGS
Fuggg I gotta get edgy robo Raiden done
>>
>>10119970
It looks 10/10 so far, even better than your DIOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>10120126
Much appreciated my nibba
Armor > animu
Speakin of, you got Dank Souls goin on Sunday? Might have to debut Lorian then
>>
>>10120176
Please do, famalam
>>
>>10113845
I've never been and now I'm salty I missed this. Is the store good?
>>
>>10120463
The costume stuff can be hella expensive, but the by-the-pound section is p good (that is, if you can find smth)
>>
>>10113845
>>10120463
No. The dollar a pound area is is basically equivalent the bargain area of a goodwill. Except instead of being on racks, imagine all of the clothing piled a foot high on the floor in a pit area, while other people stomp over and wade through it, searching for something decent. You might find some old t shirts and sweaters to cut up if you're lucky and don't mind thoroughly washing everything.

The "grab dirty clothes off the floor" area is normally a dollar a pound when it's not on sale, so if you can't afford that you probably shouldn't be paying to attend an anime convention.
>>
>>10120176
>>10120126
Can't you jerk each other off in PM or something
>>
>>10120463

it and Dorothy's are the only place that carry a decent selection of theatrical makeup in this town, so if you're north of the river it's worth it to get setting spray and bruise wheels. but dorothy's is half a block from the con center, so I play dangerous and just get what I need when I get there.
>>
>>10120768
>>10120848
>>10120883
Interesting, thanks anons. I enjoy bargain hunting but not sure how I feel about wading in stomped over clothes.
>>
>>10120946
It's pretty gross even when compared to other thrift stores, and their makeup/wigs are enormously marked up, even compared to Dorothy's.
>>
Any staffers in this thread? Weapon check last year was pretty solid and hoping it'll be as easy as last year.
>>
>>10120849
You're right, two people complimenting each other and shooting the shit is DEFINITELY less constructive than con-drama and arguing about the name of a trail.
>>
>>10120956

we'll try and impress the same expectations as last year but it always comes down to the quality of the extra rent-a-cops that the hynes hires. sometimes they're good, sometimes not, not something the con controls unfortunately.
>>
>>10120848
I kind of agree desu, I ended up going and got a bunch of random crap. Got some Hawaiian shirts that I'll cut up and make ties for friends, and several fleeces I'll tear up for patterns. It's not good for actually wearing, but it's good for other purposes

>>10115947
Going to be debuting UBW Gilgamesh, first time using colored contacts so I'm pretty excited! Just gotta finish the dress shirt, it's giving me so much hell
>>
Miyavi was just announced as a guest, who else is pumped?
>>
Can someone give me suggestions on good photoshoot locations that aren't too far away from the con?
>>
>>10122006
Eh. I don't think anything will top FLOW last year with a stadium of weebs all shouting JIBUUN WOO
>>
>>10122033

there are none, christian science is closed for construction and everything else is garbage, or swarmed by normies
>>
File: 1550030766371.png (60 KB, 218x218)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>10122192
God fucking dammit
>>
>>10122006
I'm pretty excited. I'm not that into his music but he's an amazing performer
>>
>>10117622

Judges are up on the site now anon! They look like the same ones from last year?
>>
>>10122033
possibly copley square
>>
>>10119927
>Weymouth
there is nothing wrong with weymouth I lived there for like 10 years no problems I can't even really think of any sketchy parts of town. No one is going to bother you there.
>>
Anyone here want to split my room with me?
Girls only (except me)
>>
>>10123679
nico ur drunk go home
>>
>>10123753
Is that a yes? There's only one bed I hope that's ok
>>
>>10123754
no but i'll sure stop by for a drink
>>
>>10123753
lmao it wasn't even me.
>>
>>10122033
Copley Square or outside of the Boston Public Library probably. Although honestly Boston Common is a straight shot down Boylston right from the Hynes, how it looks will depend on the weather/how springy it is though. It’s maybe a 6 min drive and however many minutes via the Arlington and Park st stops on the green line (could just get on at Hynes or the Pru stops) Barring any snow or rain it wouldn’t be a bad place to grab some nice pics if you really need a decent spot. Also possible that the south garden in the Pru may be open? Which is also not the worst place either. If you feel like scoping something out Back Bay has a mall (like a green space) that goes through the neighborhood that might look okay depending on the weather/how the season’s has moved along.

What sucks about AB is there’s not a lot of interesting variety for photo locations either inside or outside the convention center. It’s actually not bad if your cosplay relies on a more urban location because then you can kinda just do whatever, there’s tons of that’s all around. But even when the Christian Science center is open I recall security there being hostile to cosplayers?
>>
>>10122033
Museum of fine arts maybe could make for some interesting pics doubt they would want you doing it tho.
>>
>>10124046
>Outside of the Boston public library
What would happen if I were to attempt to shoot Inside with a low key cosplay?
>>
>>10124297
Idk about cosplay but lolitas shoot in the courtyard all the time. It’s very pretty in there.
>>
>>10124311
Just looked up the courtyard and yeah it looks lovely, thanks for the tip anon.
The interior is god damn gorgeous too.
>>
I hope you people are making good progress on your cosplay! 38 days!
>>
>>10125094
Ahh appreciate this, good luck to you too anon!
>>
>>10125094
>One last thing to do for my current cosplay
>started working on a new (easyish) cosplay after I finished a game 3 days ago

here goes nothing
>>
Fuck idolized
>>
>>10122006
Ever since he moved to the USA, I guess he can easily work now, he has been doing a gigs in the US lately
>>
File: 20181122_233741.jpg (92 KB, 359x422)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>10125094
I should really start soon
>>
>>10125094
Doing my first handmade cosplay this year and feeling slightly over my head. How do y’all do this every time?
>>
>>10125413
I've talked with a couple of people from that group and they seem alright.
Are they known to be massive assholes or something?
>>
>>10125584
splitting up the larger thing into several smaller things

literally 90% of my time goes into prototyping new techniques/strats/self-drafting patterns. the other 10% is actual assembly

it's kind of wack desu
>>
File: distress.jpg (108 KB, 600x600)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>10125094
Ohh no.
>>
I want to finish my Mordred cosplay by then, so I'll see. I might just get a badge on site if it's done in time.
>>
File: image0.jpg (12 KB, 166x173)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>10125094
>gonna be an object head this year
>lots of tech going into it
>just ordered a bunch of Chinese parts with 3 week shipping
>>
>>10125094
Thanks anon, you too! Getting my fabric and foam this weekend.
>>
Alright ladies it's THAT time of the year. I'll be looking to form another GIRLS ONLY meet up. It'll be full of drinking, drama, and debauchery. Make sure to respond to this and as the con gets closer I'll post information on how to attend.
Last years meet up was extremely successful. It was a fun and comfy room party with about 15-20 people.

Remember, no boys allowed ~
>>
>>10125094
>mfw never sewn before and have to sew the entire thing plus two foam pieces
and i originally wanted to do two
>>
>>10126458
forgot my face
>>
File: 1552251806724.gif (804 KB, 250x270)
804 KB
804 KB GIF
>>10125094
Thanks anon, I have all my pieces, I just need to put them together. My issue is that I look at it and feel that it's not good enough, but I will keep trying!
>>
>>10125094
Good luck to you too anon!
My cosplay is complete but I'm nervous about wearing it since I've never worn big armor/props. Any advice lads?
>>
>tfw just found out I'm off by a half yard on the fabric I need
>>
>>10126436
t. hosted by a man, baby!™

when's the designated unisex wasted karaoke sesh at the local bar? If we had enough people we could probably take one over.
>>
>>10126645
Definitely try it on first and walk around. A dry run is important!
>>
>>10126832
Yeah I am a guy and I also hosted the girl only meetup/party last year. Great times.

If you were to pick a bar a *little* out of the way from the con that’d be amazing. I’d like to hijack a bar while drunk.
>>
>>10127088
I live in Boston but I don't drink at many bars, mostly just at home. I would 100% be down to turn out at a cheap bar though
>>
>>10126707
Big mood, I just found out that the lace I used is running out and I've already used enough on the cosplay that a change is noticeable.
>>
>>10127088
>>10126436
>Guy trying to make the attendance list only him plus lots of women
>Doesn't say the "women only" meetup will also contain a guy until called out about it

And you don't think this comes off as desperate and/or skeevy because....?
>>
>>10127088
Wow that’s a thing huh.
>>
>>10127558
I think it must be a joke anon. Surely it is all a joke, right?
>>
>>10126832
Male here :^)
That actually sounds like a lot of fun, I'd definitely be down to join.
>>
>>10126993
Thanks anon!
>>
File: IMG_20190317_152456.jpg (959 KB, 1944x2592)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
>>10125094
Meet me in the Lambda Complex in 5 minutes if you want an ass kicking
>>
>>10126436
Girls (male) I presume?
>>
File: brody.gif (2.15 MB, 340x191)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB GIF
Lots of new, exciting things for this year. It'll be my first time cosplaying actual anime characters, my first time doing more than one costume for a single con, first time i'll be putting actual effort into a wig, first year volunteering, and my first year actually staying IN the city. I couldn't be more excited.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.