[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 70 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: 1546794619886.jpg (103 KB, 900x675)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Since none of you are brave enough to make a new one when the old one got deleted.
>>
>tfw having kind gullfriends
>>
> comment on listing on LM, no reply after full day
> decide to PM
> read 1.5h ago, no reply

aaaaand my interest in the item is dropping fast
>>
>>10077006
Can I ask what seller this is? Something similar happened to me not too long ago.
>>
>>10077013
Idk if I can really name them here? But listing is a blonde wig with 2 ponytail clips.
>>
>>10077043
Just looked at it, guess its not the same seller. Sorry to hear about your experience anon.I hope things turn out alright!
>>
>>10077071
Sorry you got to deal with the same, let's hope both our would-be sellers lose the attitude!
>>
>>10077006
can I ask what you asked in your pm? shipping price or payment plan offer?
if its something like the latter they could be thinking it over/need more time to make a proper reply
>>
>>10077093
I first made a comment asking for shipping cost, then a pm with the same. Its for a wig, no payment plan needed for 20$ unless she plans on shipping it in a gold box haha
>>
>>10077155
Noooooooooooo anon-chan, don't do iiiiiiiit!

Seriously. Don't. Your life is precious and valuable and good things are on their way, you just have to wait a little longer.
>>
>>10077155
>Sweet/casual/classic
Those are pretty much my exact tastes. But that's like robbing the dead, even if you give it away while you're still alive. Considering your shitty life situation I take it that you're US-based?
>>
>>10077162
I appreciate the sentiment. I want to believe things will get better, I’m just so tired.
>>10077165
wha
>>10077166
yeah, I live in the worst of all the states too: California.
>>
>>10077172

Nah New Jersey's definitely worse.
>>
>>10077172
There's no way I'd be able to get your dresses. I'm way off in Sweden, thinking about your pain. I'd love to be there, cook something basic and brutal, because that's the best food there is when you're down, and go through your wardrobe and fawn over your collection. I'm happy for your past-self who managed to get all of those main pieces, especially those with a matching headbow (even if it's not technically from the same set.) I could do the dishes, mixing the water with both hot tap water and a dose of kettle-boiled stuff. The foam feels so nice when it's properly hot... None of this is going to make you feel okay. It's just some nice thoughts.
>>
>>10077177
It’s a nice thought, thanks anon. I’m legitimately crying.
>>
File: Jirachi.full.1063731.jpg (195 KB, 600x600)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>10077172
I'm sending my best wishes to you, anon-chan. I hope you can wear your dresses and feel happy soon.

>>10077177 nayrt but damn, that melted my heart you're super sweet
>>
>there's people unironically using their money to buy pieces of fabric
Its like you want a crappy future not just investing your money into Bitcoin.
>>
How often does this retard have to sperg all over threads for you to stop replying and report him?
>>
Do not engage with incel shitposters.
>>
File: oceanwater.png (275 KB, 667x636)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
Tfw my friend is cosplaying the same character as me, but better.

Also, I turn 30 this year and I want to die.
>>
Man I just really love cosplay
>>
>>10077348
i do too
why dont we have threads where we share our cosplays? We have lolita threads and fashion threads for that..
>>
>>10077353
No one self posts in those threads either.
>>
>>10077353
I've literally only seen people post their own coords on the draw thread
>>
File: notpoo.jpg (79 KB, 306x286)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>tfw the QT you met at the con is in a relationship
>>
>>10077379
It feels like someone is groping me when i do that though, it makes me paranoid.
>>
>>10077385
Wear looser underwear made out of something like modal. You shouldn't be able to feel it.

Otherwise, learn to wash your twat.
>>
>>10077385
Have someone actually grope you so you can learn how to tell the difference.
>>
>>10077397
No, you don't understand what it's like to be me, fuck off
>>
>>10077395
Have any suggestions on where to find such a thing? I've tried boxers before and they were worse than panties. I've kinda given up on peoples suggestions for unders at this point. I can't try them before i buy them and they usually just waste money.
>>
>>10077401
Have many people grope you so that the sensation becomes normalized and no longer bothers you.
>>
>>10077397
>>10077412
Just get off this thread anon.
>>
>>10077419
I'm just responding to a troll in kind.
>>
>spot gorgeous 6' tall model-thin Japanese girl in nanchatte at the mall
>want to go up to her and just say "hey nice outfit"
>but just got done with seven hours of sport so I'm sweaty as fuck and smell awful so I'd look like a creep
>just walk past instead
>>
>>10077324
You only think that because you love your friend and it's easier to find fault in yourself. It's possible that your friend is thinking the same. Just have fun together.
>>
>>10077353
Because no one wants to open themselves up to mockery
>>
>>10077385
I wasn't here to read your full story before it got deleted, but please talk to a therapist. They can be very creative in finding ways to circumvent our fears through simple solutions. Like the woman who was so afraid that she left her hair curler turned on that she was late to work everyday just to make sure it was off. Many therapists tried to force her to get over it and it never worked, but one simply offered that she should take it to work with her so she could see that it was unplugged. It sounds like you need a solution like thatf for whatever ails you. Also, I think a therapist would be very beneficial in helping you sort the feelings behind your struggle.
>>
File: jirby_is_SUPRE_mad.png (162 KB, 402x420)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>deleting only the posts shitting on women but not on men
>>
>>10077557
>>
>>10077504
6 foot tall Japanese girls exist?
>>
>>10077563
She probably has some anglo blood, her skin was significantly paler than usual for a Japanese person
>>
I'm working on a costume as part of a group but it's not going right at all and has too many techniques I'm not used to (such as armor making), it's honestly too above my skill level at the moment. Its causing me so much anxiety and stress, not to mention that I dumped way too much money into it only to fuck up really badly and need to spend more money on it and it's making me resentful.

I really want to quit it and instead work on something I actually enjoy and look forward to but I also don't want to disappoint my group members who are actually close friends of mine and are still managing to work on theirs despite having to work 50+ hours a week or physical health issues which seem worse than the mental blocks I keep putting myself in. I'm pretty screwed at this point I suppose?
>>
>>10077701
Communication, anon. Talk to your friends.
>>
>scroll through list of almost 50 people attending a meet
>maybe 3 are well dressed and not obese

why are lolitas like this
>>
>>10077747
Par for the course for any fringe hobby, to be honest.
>>
>>10076981
Must be nice to have friends
>>
File: penisparker.jpg (159 KB, 1280x1622)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>10077381
>tfw you want to know if your con crush is single, but she shares an account with her friend and you're not sure which one of them is dating the guy in their pictures
>>
>>10077269
he comes back every time his ban expires. the bitterness has no limits.
>>
>Tfw people keep favoriting your listings on LM but not buying anything
>NO LOOK ONLY BUY PLZ
>>
>>10078262
Is too expensive.
>>
i'm a lonelita and usually i'm okay with it but recently i've started feeling like i'd like someone to talk about lolita with.

but then i remember the last time i introduced a friend to another of my hobbies she made it her entire life. she has more money and free time than me and she dedicates all of it to that hobby and has far surpassed what i'll ever be able to do. i worry i'll just have the same experience with a lolita friend, and somehow they will just make me feel worse about myself.

i'm aware this is because i'm easily jealous and not really a good person so in the end it's probably best i am a lonelita after all
>>
>>10078263
But I'm too impatient to wait, gimme your money nooow
>>
>>10078267
I've never met an attractive man who can hold a conversation about lolita and doesn't want to wear it himself.
>>
>>10078267
i have a boyfriend and he’s accepting of but not interested in lolita.

if you mean just a guy who is a friend and interested in lolita then that sounds nice but difficult to find.
>>
>Three dresses I want are on sale
>Not dream dresses but still ones I DEFINITELY wouldn't mind to have in my wardrobe
>Can only afford one of them
>Can't choose which
>>
>See beautiful velveteen dress on LM
>has 4 days left, enough time to consider whether I should get it or not
> I love it but I'd already bought 2 dresses in December and there's one I like on the local comm page too
> Look at the only bidder's page
>Fatty in a ratty twin-tail split wig

I've already bought too much lately but I don't want the dress to be destroyed, I feel bad for the dress.
>>
>>10078333
save that beautiful velveteen, anon!
>>
File: vm.jpg (101 KB, 290x387)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Every day I regret just a little bit more not getting the Jasmine OP in greige. I got it in black because it will be easier to coordinate, and I'm very excited for it, but the greige is just calling out to me...
>>
>>10078375
Maybe someone has the same feel, why don't you post a WTT?
>>
File: o no.png (119 KB, 245x174)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>10078389
>trade
Sorry, I'm keeping my black OP. I was regretting not getting the greige as well as the black. Right now I'm hoping there's leftover stock for the greige once the dresses are sent out.
>>
I can't seem to shake the guilt of spending so much on lolita. All the bills are paid, and my husband said it would be ok to order something off of LM but I still feel guilty spending so much money on myself even when its second hand.
>>
>>10078433
Don't think about the money. Think about the joy you'll get from wearing whatever you buy. If you ever end up in an economic rough patch, because that sounds like your underlying fear, you can wear these clothes and remember you've had it good before, and will probably get good times again. If push comes to shove you can resell them?

But treat yourself. If you've got the budget, invest in your hobbies.
>>
File: then perish.jpg (122 KB, 585x318)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>10078263
>>
>>10078111
>she shares an account with her friend
What a thot.
>>
File: blahniks.jpg (188 KB, 1200x1500)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>tfw $600 designer shoes are the cutest you've seen in 3 years and they aren't even lolita
I don't have that kind of money right now and I know it will be sold out and never show up 2nd hand.
>>
>>10078609
Yeah, and I really hate it. Not because of rules or something petty like that but because I feel like a burden. I only worked part time previously before my last job so unemployment bases my income on that and not my last job which made significantly more and had more hours. Because California I guess.

I tried looking for work but because my old boss really didn’t like me I feel like every attempt I make to get a job that last job hinders me from getting hired anywhere.

Not even sure why I bother desu.
>>
>>10078615
This concept is really cute but those roses seriously look like wads of old chewing gum. Maybe the color is different in real life, but judging from this pic I'd say save your money anon chan
>>
>>10078646
They are made of real leather, they don't look like that in real life. Maybe you should stop buying off Taobao.
>>
>>10078615
>sold out in my size
guess I'll just die
>>
>>10078654
You could probably go a half size up or down. Up since Blahniks run small and down because with some initial pain the leather will conform to your foot.
>>
>cosplayed from favorite anime but it's old as fuck
>only one recognized me
It's a bittersweet feeling.
>>
>>10078670
>Cosplayed from an obscure series
>Someone mistakes me for another obscure character
I didn't have the heart to correct them
>>
>>10078670
The worst part of nu-fandom is how fucking seasonal and trendy weebshit has become.

Early conventions where literally anything from 1970-2000 was fair game and everyone recognized the classics? yep those were the good days *sips*
>>
File: karl.jpg (28 KB, 550x467)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
My con sister has been ghosting me. She only does that when she's depressed and I don't want to annoy her. Maybe she just got a new boyfriend or something.
>>
>>10078682
I know that feel. I have a old friend who ghosts for months at a time and its completely due to her being depressed in a bad relationship and living situation. Don't take it personally, some girls are like that because they don't want to show weakness.
>>
>take up wig-making so i can make realistic hair pieces from scratch for cosplay
>taking class at my college in it
>actually not bad at it and enjoy it
>don't have any time to do any pieces for cosplay because my projects for the class are so time consuming
goddammit. At least I'll have a new skill set when this is all over
>>
>>10078760
Think in terms of the positives - after this you'll have a marketable skill.
>>
>>10078687
I just wish there were a way I could say this to her without seeming like a desperate hanger-on.
>>
>>10078760
I am jelly because I want to learn to turn the hair that I cut off anyway into hair pieces/extensions since I am au natural and grow it long. When am I 90 and people ask if its my "real hair" I can answer "yes" without it being a lie.
>>
>>10078771
Oh that's just making wefts and attaching some clips to them, that's really simple. If you have a sewing machine, even one of those tiny portable cheap ones, you can do it with some patience. If you have a full-sized machine that can use a double or triple needle, it can go even faster since you'll need to make less passes. See this video
https://youtu.be/HeSgP4IISD8
You can makes wefts by hand too like wigmakers in the 18th century did, however it's very tedious. There's also some no-sew methods but I prefer to sew my wefts for durability

>>
>>10078777
thanks for the tips! I can totally handle sewing this.
>>
>>10077747
you sound bitter anon, maybe it's time you find your own non-obese well-dressed friends to start a comm with
>>
File: 1545109722686.png (1.1 MB, 1079x1088)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>bought my ultimate dream dress
>it arrives tomorrow
>but I'm really ugly so whats the point
>>
>>10078905
The point is that you only need to be beautiful for yourself. Don't compare yourself to others, if anything simply take inspiration from others if you wish; otherwise, wear your beautiful dream dress for your own enjoyment, don't seek approval from anyone but yourself.
I hope you love your dress when it arrives, anon.
>>
>Took a gap year before university and in my free time made 3 full armor builds, had so much fun messing around in my garage.
>Have no room/will to make cosplays on that scale (2 years later), and I'm growing apart from my weeb friends so I don't even go to cons anymore.

woops, i guess.
>>
>>10078670
What was the character?
>>
>find something on Lacemarket I really want to buy
>seller has good feedback emphasising good communication
>message seller about shipping quote
>seller views message but never responds
>guess I won’t buy your “urgent sell” item then
>>
This might actually be the second most chilled thread on 4chan
>>
>>10079228
https://youtu.be/hQyzEyIf7P0

Now it's the most chilled thread on 4chan.
>>
>>10079228
What's the first most chilled thread?

We need to nuke it.
>>
>>10079095
Make a big mess out of everything! Hurt people! Make risky moves! But I have to! Hope for the best.
>>
>>10079263
Crabs in a bucket isn't very chill.
>>
I haven’t been to a con in years due to friends dropping off: Marriage, careers, or kids. the last one I ended up going alone and had the worst time. I went to events and panels and cosplayed but couldn’t break the ice to make any new friends. I’d have conversations but there was never a moment of “we’re getting food do you want to come?” Halfway through I just reserved myself to the hotel room and watched bad discovery channel shows until finally deciding “im getting THE FUCK out of here”
Enjoy the magic while it lasts because it eventually leaves.
And it doesn’t come back
>>
>>10076981

>person i have an on and off friendship with is quitting the fashion
>only hits me up when she's feeling lonely, but leaves my invitations and icebreakers on seen
>decided to hit me up to get me to buy some shit
>mfw she has a dress i wtb
>ask her for pics
>sends me stock image first, then someone else wearing dress in different colorway
>basically ask her for a proof pic and she ghosts on me, no real explanation
>im left to wonder if she got cold feet, wanted to scam me, or found someone else to buy

idk how to cut her off other than ghosting her myself. but based on the behavior, she'll likely take it personal
>>
>browsing BTB
>suddenly get text from comm president
>"Attention, lolis. Senior members can now take their anal inspections by phone."
>sweetbabyjesus.jpeg
>pull down my panties, snap a few pics of my melty doughnut, and send them her way
>wait for a response
>starting to get impatient
>message comm president on Fb, asking what the holdup is
>she doesn't know what I'm talking about
Who the fuck did I text, gulls????
>>
File: InfomercialSasuke.gif (940 KB, 450x253)
940 KB
940 KB GIF
>New circle lenses
>Two pairs, four separate bottles
>Open them up for first soak and etui placement
>Cut myself three times
>Big blood on all cuts
>Look like some anime character who can't cook, hands plastered in bandaids
>Am I retarded?
Is it just me or have those metal things around the lids gotten harder with the years? The first ones I ever opened were soft and easy to handle, but these were straight up evil.

Don't worry about hygene, I took care of each cut as soon as it happened, and didn't let any blood or bandaid touch the lenses. You can imagine why this process and gradually losing fingers to work with made it all the more frustrating. Pic somewhat related.
>>
>>10079481
It was a cute pic :3
>>
>Trying to get the perfect color for a coat I'm sewing for cosplay
>Ordering fabrics online
>First fabric arrives looking too faded
>Second fabric too dark
>Third fabric not quite the color I was after

I HATE FABRIC SHOPPING
>>
>>10079516
>not requesting fabric samples or swatches
anon...
>>
>>10079481
>melty doughnut
So you sent a stranger a pic of your leaky prolapsed anus? Most embarrassing behavior, thot.
>>
File: 1508034322423.png (129 KB, 216x378)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>10076981
The car fire incident just makes me feel even more awful for being a guy.
Full fucking disclaimer, yes it was shitty that this happened and it shouldn't have at all.
But it's just check one thousand on another list of "reasons why people might avoid you: you might set their car on fire, because you're a guy".
I'm a guy, so I must only be capable of destruction and hurting others. I'm a guy, so I MUST be a stalker or murderer or rapist or what the fuck ever.
And I follow a bunch of cosplayers and they all have stories about awful men. Maybe not to that extent, but they all have something.

It's already hard enough for me to make friends. That's why I go to cons and cosplay, to find other people who like the stuff I do.
And... I do want a gf down the line that's also into the same stuff I'm into and would cosplay with me but honestly, it really feels like I have no choice in this matter. As long as those disgusting men exist, we're all seen as that. And that's just something I have to face, I think.
I just have a ton more reasons why I want to fucking die.

I won't out of stubbornness. I'm not even sure why I'm here. I just am.
>>
>>10079700
You sound like my bf before we got together. Spoiler alert: he got a gf into the same things as him, and he doesn’t seem to want to die anymore. Not that the two things are necessarily consequential.
I agree that guys cause most of the world’s problems, but I’d rather the nice ones stick around and help fix it instead of dying or going into hiding.
>>
>>10079669
I hate the biological clock meme. It isn't that you are suddenly realizing you want children. It's that you were basically a child yourself previously when you were thinking about it.

>>10079700
I mean, yeah, it's shitty that a lot of the time you're going to get thrown in a group with the dudes who are giving you a bad name, but it's way worse for the women who actually have to navigate that shitty pile of dudes to find a good one than it is to be thrown in there.
>>
I hate costhots and the men who support them. Sex is fucking stupid and all the people that do it should be put down.
>>
>>10079709
>I’d rather the nice ones stick around and help fix it instead of dying or going into hiding.

That's a fair point. Rather than run or accept this fate, I guess the idea is to try and still set a good example no matter what.

>>10079710
>but it's way worse for the women who actually have to navigate that shitty pile of dudes to find a good one than it is to be thrown in there.

And another fair point. After all, women are the ones being hurt here, so it feels like I have no right to say anything on this matter.
Like... it feels discouraging knowing that I can't just walk up to a girl at a con and chat like that's okay, since I'm almost certain they're gonna be on guard because I'm a guy but there's a good fucking reason why they think that, and that's just... how life is. A bunch of shitty fucking dudes hurting others and... I want to say ruining everything for the rest of us, but they're actually hurting people then that's no good.

So... I don't know, maybe the idea is to shut up and obviously don't hurt people, but if people have a preconceived notion that I will because I'm a guy, then there isn't anything I can do to change that, I just have to keep like... being good or as best as I can regardless, no matter what.
>>
>>10079481
God I'd be pissed if that heppend to me.
>>
>>10079700

You're a guy, I'm a guy- chin up, that's just how it be. Be a good person; that choice is entirely on you, and other people can't take away your goodness even if you fall into a category that is vilified. This is a little sus I guess, but you should be a good person for your own sake, not to find a girlfriend, or to prove a point to a community
>>
>>10079771
That's all very true. My desires shouldn't be the basis for being a good person, otherwise that just becomes ulterior, right? One should try to be good for... well, goodness sake, because you choose to and want to be good and do good to those around you.
>>
Found my dream dress, message ss to get it and it turns out the seller has disappeared. I am so sad rn. It's silly, I usually don't get this sad over dumb shit but I just am.
>>
>>10079728
>I just have to keep like... being good or as best as I can regardless, no matter what.
I mean that's what most nice people with friends do
>>
>>10079700
It's no different to generalisations that, say, black people have to deal with because of shit other black people do.
>>
>>10079700
>ugh, dont worry girls, not all men are bad guys. I'll be your white knight protector.
>please forgive my stupid gender
>>
>>10079728
>After all, women are the ones being hurt here, so it feels like I have no right to say anything on this matter
You're literally begging to get your jaw broken, you nice guy.
>>
File: bh3EOmh.png (427 KB, 500x533)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
Do I cosplay my waifu or do I cosplay a character from the anime my waifu is from in an attempt to find my waifu?
>>
>>10079263
that 400 day old ladybug thread that is some how still alive.
>>
File: Ein_Koyubi.jpg (218 KB, 839x938)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>tfw man
>tfw I pull off dressing up as a 1980s rock n roll jet fighter pilot cowboy tough guy
>tfw I actually can become something close to this ideal if I so choose
yeehaw
>>
>>10079888
Which anime? Will you find other cosplayers?
>>
>>10079890
That thread should be some kind of 4chan record now. Have respect.
>>
>>10079798
I am sorry anon. It's not silly! I hope you find it again soon.
>>
>>10079898
Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff
>>
>>10079907
I 'member that thread on /i/ that was like 5 years old.
>>
>>10080074
Sounds like a borderline or narcissistic personality hiding behind the label of bipolar...
>>
File: majima.jpg (73 KB, 750x620)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>10079700
I keep wanting to ignore this but I can't because I used to be the same way.

Here's a hard pill you're gonna need to swallow: right now you're playing the victim in response to other people being *actually* victimized. Not only do you look spineless to everyone, to women who are already on the defensive because of these events, you look like you're overcompensating for potential bad intentions.

You need to accept that as a man, you *are* dangerous. That's just in your blood. You can't change that, and attempts to change it just make you look creepy and predatory, like all those Twitter male feminists who wind up being sex pests. Embrace that and master that so you gain confidence in your ability to keep that danger in check. Lots of "nice guys" out there who are so unacquainted with their own potential for violence they don't even realize they have it until they unleash it on someone.

As for women treating you like shit for the crime of being a man, fuck 'em. If they're gonna paint an entire sex with a broad brush, they're not smart or mature people and they are unworthy of your time. Do what you think is right, talk to people worth talking to, do things you think are fun, hold morals you think are worth holding, tell everyone who tries to cram you into a box you don't belong in to go fuck themselves.

There are a lot of people in the world you simply cannot do enough good for to make them consider you a good person. Don't waste your time trying to change that. I spent years trying to be that person for others as best I could and it wasn't enough, and coming to the aforementioned conclusion was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. These days my friend circles are much smaller, but you know what? I've never felt more free. The people I think are worth my time know better than to stereotype me. They know who I really am. My actions speak for themselves and yours should too.

Your legacy should be your own, not that of some ALA incel arsonist.
>>
Anons can I hang out with you guys this morning
>>
>>10080141
No fuck off, pools closed.
>>
>>10080141
Sure. Hang out with me. How are you this morning. Are there any cons you looking forward to?
>>
>>10080074
Since you've come this far, why don't you post some caps of what she's saying to these dear fans of hers?
>>
>>10079324
Different people enjoy cons differently, anon. I love going alone, taking all the time I like to do what I want, look at what I want, only going to the panels I want to.
>>
I think I'm too ugly to wear lolita in public.
It doesn't matter what anyone says about loving oneself, it doesn't matter how often I see kind people say nice things about other uncute girls in lolita, it's just plain depressing to look in a mirror and see my ugly mug and broad upper body ruining a cute coord.
>inb4 kys bitch
>>
>>10080198
I’m not gonna tell you how to feel anon, and honestly it just sounds like you need a hug and a drink. Maybe a friend
>>
>>10080198
Why do you have to have a hobby that’s so appearance-based? No one will care about your face and chest if you take up Cyclocross or something.
>>
>>10079728
>>10079700
It's been a long time since I've read someones post an been embarrassed for them. It's absolutely pathetic that you act like men are the only problem in this world when there are terrible human beings all around the world no matter what gender. Open you eyes and look around you, no one is perfect.
>>
>>10080087
Just because you mention cosplay somewhere doesn't automatically make it a cgl feel.
>>
>>10080198
All you can do is work on being your cutest self. Try losing weight or exercising more, practice your makeup skills, wear wigs, circle lenses and false lashes, heck, get plastic surgery if you think it will make you feel better about yourself in the longterm. Regardless, no matter how uncute you may be, I still think wearing cute clothes is much better than wearing ugly clothes. I believe in you, anon!
>>
File: 1545115135083.jpg (70 KB, 600x389)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>10080086
>logic and good advice on my 4chan(el)?
>>
What happened to that cosplayer who’s husband pretended to be her online and gave her stuff to fetishes and shit?
>>
File: LL (137).jpg (104 KB, 1280x720)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>10080141
Sure anon, take a seat. How are you doing?
>>
File: 1546319863898.jpg (63 KB, 650x369)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>10080257
Why do you think these threads are still around and popular? Sometimes they let us gulls genuinely connect and help each other with our feels.
>>
>>10080264
I’m just alone and watching some netflix.

Actually glad I finally got some time to myself to relax it’s been a long week
>>
>>10080257
Thanks anon, I try. Some lessons are hard-learned without personal experience; hopefully my advice ensures he doesn't have to learn the things I did the hard way.

>>10080258
Crystal Graziano/Precious Cosplay, I think? She's okay and bouncing back; iirc she's divorced now (obviously) and focusing on her art for the moment.
>>
>>10080334
I’m glad to hear I was really pissed off at her ex and super enraged on her behalf. I probably would have sued his ass too
>>
>put some items in my wunderwelt basket
>hope and pray that they stay in stock until i can buy all the items when i get to the US in February so i can avoid bullshit EU fees
>half the shit i wanted is now out of stock
>btw it was all wunderwelt fleur shit
Fuck my life, all i want is to have the lolita wardrobe of my dreams.
>>
>>10080086
Thanks anon, this is very sound. It's a harsh truth but one that I have to deal with, and it sounds like one you've had to deal with, but you did.
>>
>>10080377
Yeah, it was a serious "what the fuck" moment when I found out too, since I knew her husband from my days on OPERATORChan (which is how I found out about her) and he never seemed like the sort. I'm not sure if she's doing any sort of defamation lawsuit or anything, but I couldn't blame her if she just wanted to wash her hands of the whole thing with the divorce rather than have to relive that mess over and over in a courtroom.

>>10080381
You're welcome, anon. Bear in mind that what I say isn't gospel, it's just what's working for me at the moment. It might not work as well for you, but hopefully it gives you some things to think about because this sounds like a struggle for you, but that's good because struggle makes you grow.

If you're constantly worried about what other people think about you, you'll never grow. You'll always be worried "well what will so-and-so think?" It's fine to consider what public perception might be, but you do have to draw a line at some point and live life by your own rules a little bit. Push your boundaries, learn what it's like to be uncomfortable, to be unsatisfied, to be scared, to be in pain, to be frustrated. When you learn to manage those emotions, you'll be in better control of yourself, and that self-mastery shows in your actions and attitude as confidence.

I found my confidence through competitive shooting. I'm very open about doing it, talking about technique and mindset, etc. It's harshly juxtaposed with my cosplay hobby, and it paints me as extremely dangerous to a lot of people, but the women in my life trust me because they know I've gotten where I am through that self-mastery. They know I'm better than the sort of men they worry about. I'm a person to them, not a stereotype. That's the sort of rep you should work towards, but the only way you'll get there is by refusing to be bound by the closed-mindedness of shitty people.

You've got one life, dude. Don't waste it walking on eggshells.
>>
>>10080379
>expecting everything you want to buy to stay in stock for a month
Did you discover lolita today?
>>
Anons give me a reason to continue to keep trying to find love while cosplaying?
>>
>>10080412
Nope, i just have unrealistically high expectations. But in my defence, the stuff i wanted have been in stock for several months.
>>
>>10080416
Don't. You don't find love.
>>
>>10080419
Poetic, I’m sure I’ll be alone for the next decade or so but atleast I have my looks
>>
>>10080243
Yeah, sure, I'll just go on /v/ and blog about how I'm afraid the prospect of kids will interfere with cosplay.
>>
>>10079255

this is actually some good music

is this chillhop or something different?
>>
>>10077353
/cgl/ judges too much and people are afraid of self-posting I feel
>>
>>10080624
Why?
>>
>>10080626
because this is 4chan
/cgl/ does have its unique culture but not everyone is fine with sharing with the world they post here
>>
>>10080627
What's the worst a bunch of random anons can do? Plus these "negative" comments usually include critique on how to be better.
>>
>>10080631
In my experience with cosplay threads, self proclaimed "experts" come out of the wood work and nitpick alot of posters. When I posted mine awhile a ago, all I got was "looks like shit" no other critiques, like that really helps.
>>
>>10080639
You can't really take stuff like that personally though. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>10080641
I don't really care a lot about some anon in a Japanese stationary design board.
Don't get me wrong, there are some who fall flat, they do get criticism. It just can be disheartening when you work hard on something and the only thing someone responds to you is "looks like shit"
>>
>>10080649
I guess, but I feel like that's just a signal going "well alright, I need to be better"
Although if it's just that and nothing constructive, then yeah, that's pretty lame, since you wouldn't exactly know what it is you need to fix
>>
>>10080631
1. Reverse image search to find if you posted the same pic somewhere else (perhaps under a nickname or a real name).
2. Someone recognize you and try to hurt you some how (for example, linking it to your boss together with an article badmounthing 4chan)
3. Similar to 2, someone try to associate you with shit other boards say (think /pol/)

critiques/negative comments are the least of your problems

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.