[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 45 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: ig logo.png (69 KB, 500x500)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
previous thread: >>10025310

do:
>post accounts you follow
>ask for/share advice
>self-post*
>keep it civil

don't:
>act like a retard
>insult other people

*don't self-post if you're going to shit up the thread trying to defending and/or insulting yourself
>>
>>10073784
Also, I started a FAQ of sorts. If anyone wants to contribute, lmk.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WQSrIGup216mphx0X1imNkx3wohFVz7jR_styHKNc5k/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>10073786
in regards to the engagement rate, engagement will tend to go down once you hit the double digits; accounts with 50k+ tend to have around 10% ER. there's a sweet spot of exposure and engagement between 5-10k, so make sure to be very active during that time if you're aiming to grow your account!
>>
>>10073786
Some more potential questions :
>how to remove ghost followers
>better list of pros and cons with doing that
>how to get to that first 1000
>is it worth selfposting on cgl, is it different for cosplayers and lolitas
>how to not be an ass when you selfpost
>>
>>10074081
>How to remove ghost followers

I downloaded an app to find all followers without profile pics or 0 posts, then unfollowed them. I still have a fairly low follow count, >1k, so I check the profile of new followers and determine if I should block them or not.
>>
>>10074064
10% is very high engagement rate for that size account. 3% is a good number.
>>
>>10074138
That would only be 1500 likes per post, that's pretty low for 50k
>>
>>10074143
It does seem low but Instagram really limits your reach when you get up into the higher numbers of followers.
>>
>>10074144
Do you know approximately where that begins? I'm about to hit 30k and ER is ~25%, now I'm worried about a drastic decrease happening
>>
>>10074064
>>10074081
>>10074105
Thanks for your help anons! FAQ's been updated.
I'll try to think of some more stuff to add to the FAQ as well.
>>
>>10074138
This is completely incorrect. 3% would mean your account is stagnant.
>>
What is the algorithm doing recently? I've seen several posts from people under 500 followers recently get hundreds and thousands of likes without these likes translating to follows. Most of these likes are from private accounts with 0 posts. These pics are not posted by people who I would think bought likes. Are the bots going crazy at the moment? What is happening?

Also is it worth continuing with an older account that has over 1000 followers but has only gained 300 in the last year or should I make a new account
>>
>>10074320
Same. I have a very little amount of followers, and at one point, I got between 50-150 likes instantly when I uploaded a photo. Hopefully, that stopped, they were those kinds of accounts.
>>
Has anyone noticed a difference with posting at specific times of day? I’ve read that 5 pm EST is the best time to post in the US, but I don’t know if that applies to something international like lolita.
>>
>>10074484
ive heard posting at 9am us is best haha idk if there is a *best* time but posting early or evening seems to be better than midday or late
>>
Do putting hashtags in the second post hurt the reach of those tags ? Or should I add them to the original post ? My engagement is literally cut in half and I have no idea how to get out of the hole D;
>>
>>10074218
It literally takes seconds to google it but ok
>>
>>10074990
>1KK
Sorry but "one thousand thousand" made me chuckle. It's just a million/1M, wtf
>>
>>10074990
absolute bullshit, the only 100k+ accounts with a 1.55-2.57% ER are those with bought followers or those who have become inactive. Even <4% for a 5-20k account is really low.
At the very least the jfashion and cosplay communities on instagram see much higher engagement than this in general.
>>
>>10074990
Yea, that's bullshit. Random articles written by who with what proof?
If your engagement rate is seriously 3% at 50k, you should just start over because your followers are dead and your account is dead. You'll be stuck at 50k, because you don't have enough engagement to ever get on explore.
>>
>>10074990
>>10075166

There is no reason why instagram would publish their algoritm’s details or mass data of users (unless you are Cambridge Analytica and pay shit ton of money) so all graphs like this are more or less bullshit.
>>
>>10075256
>>10075109

Out of curiosity and I’m not anon who posted the graph, but is there anyone we can trust other than by “well my account gets ____ engagement as well as my friends, therefore I think ___ is normal.” I would love to see stats but seeing as IG probably charges a premium we won’t. Anything that could get a close estimation at least or somewhat trustworthy?
>>
>>10075328
I can offer my own anecdote I guess. I'm a small account at 1000, and I get 200-300 likes per post, as do most of my friends at that size, so it seems fairly normal. Comments vary a LOT though, anywhere from 2-50, it totally depends on the post.
>>
>>10075332
meanwhile, also only a few over a thousand but getting 800-1500 likes per photo and 5+ comments on everything. the disparity is strange, but it's probably a difference in content or tags or something
>>
>>10075328
For what it's worth, the percentages and numbers I see people cite on CGL are also far higher than I see in any other kind of cosplay discussion and on any other platform, so this is likely not rhe most reliable source, either. I doubt we're all high quality high engagement popular accounts like these threads tend to make it seem.
(Though I'll annecdote anyway because may as well, 12k follows, average around 1k likes and 10-20 comments per photo. I seem to be doing better than most accounts who cosplay the same kind of stuff as me, but worse than "typical" cosplay girl accounts at same follow count and quality level as me.)
>>
Are there any accounts for plus size lolitas? Pls no bully the girls if you post them, I just want to get some inspiration.
>>
>>10075335
Hot damn, now I'm jealous. What sort of stuff are you cosplaying? Do you find that others in your circle are around the same range in terms of likes? Like I said, I see others in my range with the same amount of likes or less, so your case seems strange (in a great way)
>>
>>10075391
i'm a lolita/jfashion account which might have something to do with it! other lolitas around 1k seem to get 700+ without much fuss if they're coordinated well and the pic is good. but, i also notice them getting 200-300 on pics that are unrelated to lolita or don't show their full coord or something. interesting how content seems to affect interaction.

also an observation, my pics tend to blow up overnight (CST) from like 500 to 3x that. trying to figure out if it's a timezone thing or if lots of people are on insta at 4 AM lol.
>>
This is probably a stupid question, but how do you gulls take cute outfit pics?

Even if I look cute in real life, I have trouble posing in a way that doesn't make me look frumpy af.
>>
>>10075332
>>10075349
>>10075349

I was hoping for more concrete data but thank you.

Also I don't think the estimates are entirely wrong. There are fake accounts for instance with thousands of users but extremely minimal interaction, and vintage instasale accounts I follow often have 50-100 likes per post even at thousands of followers (but their stuff still sells out in 2 seconds). I'm a little tired of other anons chiming in that x is bullshit because their one account has experienced more, so I was hoping for something a bit more concrete to come out.
>>
>>10075517
Anon
Anon
My buddy my friend
U gotta do the Innocent World point
And get the other person to hold the camera/phone/pet artist at ur boob height
That'll make ur legs look pretty but still let ur face be at good angle
Google mintkismet posing tutorial for more advice
Good luck anon
I believe in u
>>
>>10075535
Lrn2integrate
>>
So how do you get to that first 1000? I want to see if I can do it without abandoning the rest of my life.
>>
>>10075689
Post at least 3x per week.
Have a cohesive theme, stick to your niche.
Aim for hashtags that have a small amount of posts (under 100k, under 50k if you can)
Actively comment on other accounts with a similar theme as yours; have an eye catching icon.
Try to have unique accessories, props, or something else that will make your photos stand out.
>>
>>10075535
Good advice, horrendous execution
>>
>>10074875
put # in the original post. putting them in the 2nd is bad and is going to get you less engagement
>>
my instagram was slowly growing, but I took a break because uni and medical stuff. Is it not worth contiuing if I'm only posting a few times a week instead of daily? Daily content is just....so time consuming that I can't keep up with it - especially as a jfashion blog where the best cords can take an hour to put on a style.

I also occasionally post 'kawaii' cute themed things I do like cute food, cosplay and crafts. These are pretty rare between the lolita stuff but I still worry about it not looking cohesive in my feed. In saying that, I see a lot of accounts with high follower numbers do it anyways so is it ok and will still grow?
>>
>>10075694
I used tags under 50k and saw way less reach than using the ones over 100k.
>>
>>10075833
The only way you'll see zero growth is if you stop posting entirely. You should keep trying! Lots of accounts do fine without daily posting, just don't go silent for weeks and you'll be fine.
>>
Another Anon here looking to get to that first 1000, currently around 300 and working on posting 3x a week with a more cohesive theme. My engagement is luckily very high (28%). Any other things I can do other than just be patient?
>>
>>10075833
I only post weekly and get a good amount of likes and follow. I don't think the proportion of follows and likes is worth it for the extra effort.
>>
>>10075256
>>10075328
The graph is from a 3rd party site that tracks influencers. It’s called hypeauditor, go sign up and check out your own stats. There’s also socialblade which you can use to track other users engagement and compare similar accounts to yours. That’s the best way to see where you should be at.
>>
>>10074105
Isn't that a little bit rude? I created an Instagram account a few weeks ago only to follow cosplayers I like and have no intention of ever posting anything of my own or uploading a profile picture. It doesn't mean I don't comment and won't donate a couple dollars here and there.
>>
>>10075918
Typically if there is no icon or posts the account is a bot. If you're liking and engaging I think that's fine, but you should at least add a profile pic to look less "bot-like". Many of the ghost apps will auto remove any profiles with no profile pic or posts.
>>
>>10075938
Alright, I guess I'll add something then. I had no idea
>>
>>10075918
It's not rude, you just look like a bot. Add a profile pic, make the text on your profile say "I'm just here to follow cosplayers who I think are cool". Post like two con pics and a food pic. Done, now you are a human.
>>
can we bring back lolitas of instagram thread? its honestly so much better than CoF
>>
>>10076397
just post lolitas you see on instagram with their handle here
>>
>>10076421
I meant a whole thread dedicated to dumping anything with #eglcommunity or #lolitafashion or some similar tag + discussion.
Wouldn't want to drag this one too off topic, since this thread is for cosplayers too.
>>
>>10076397
I'd say bring it back if it gives y'all something to talk about.
>>
>>10076397
Ugh, no. I had hopes for it last time we tried it, but it just became another opportunity for people to nitpick and call each other ugly. It was shit.
>>
>>10076445
There are too many posts in those tags to keep up with though
>>
>>10076451
That's the good part. CoF threads are dead. Is there even one up right now?
>>
How cringy is it to “promote” posts? I haven’t done it yet but on the business feature it sure is tempting. Can people see that you’ve promoted one of your posts?
>>
>>10076720
Pretty cringy in my opinion unless you're open about it.
>>
>>10076397

Please.

I did one a while back but the cof people kept ruining it.

We can keep it positive so they can’t use the “oh cgl are meanies that’s why we shouldn’t post pictures from there” slant.
>>
>>10076720
People can see that you've promoted your posts. When it shows up on their front page, it's marked as promoted.
Imo it's silly to promote one of your posts if you're not actually a business. If you're selling something cos related (ears, patterns, etc.) that's different because then you're basically posting an ad for your goods, but promoting a post of yourself is weird.
>>
>>10076790
>We can keep it positive
How? I genuinely want to know. You even acknowledge yourself that people kept ruining it. I don't get why people keep playing dumb like these threads will be totally fine and somehow not go to shit, like do you seriously not know better by this point?
>>
>>10076397
Alright, if no one makes one in a few hours, I'll dig a bit and maybe make some gifs too.

>>10076448
>>10076834
There were more gulls hyperventilating about meanies and discussing if the thread is valid than actual mean comments, nitpicking or other low quality posts. Ironically, the people complaining about the thread were the ones who ruined it. Next time let's just ignore the "delet this thread!!111" crybabies and share some good shit.
>>
>>10076397
I'm honestly so done with people spreading pictures wherever like they are their own property. You're all against replicas because the brand owns the design/pattern, but who cares about a people owning a picture with their face on it, huh? I wanted to post a pic on instagram but at this point I'll wait until this dumb idea is over. Also, good luck on "keeping it positive". The only reason some people are here is to shit on others' coords.
>>
>>10076839
Idk anon, some people were calling a girl from my comm ugly and arguing over whether another girl was an ana-chan. I'm glad that you have a positive attitude but there was the exact same bullshit that ruins CoF threads there.
>>
>>10076845
Selling replicas is not the same as reposting public pictures. Are you okay?
>I wanted to post a pic on instagram but at this point I'll wait until this dumb idea is over.
>until this dumb idea is over.
The last thread was back in August.

>>10076846
I just looked through all the threads in the archives. There were only 3 people who were called ugly in the entire threads together. There were way more people calling others beautiful and complimenting coords. We should really give it a try, you can't police seagulls to stop being asshats but you can encourage better posting to minimize it.
>>
>>10076845
This. Every time an Instagram thread gets made I hold off from posting until it dies and I usually wait a day afterwards until I'm sure another one isn't going to get made instantly
>>
>>10076925
>everytime
There have only been 4 threads over July and August. You guys are ridiculous.
>>
>>10076927
I wouldn't say I'm ridiculous. Just a massive coward
>>
>>10076918
Did you just Ctrl+f the word "ugly" because that's taking things extremely literally. I looked through the threads in the archives too and there were plenty of insults and nitpicking. All the usual stuff from people's faces and weight to trashing e-famous girls. I appreciate that you want to be optimistic but I'm not sure why you're acting like these threads were some amazing den of positivity. We all know they weren't.

And
>encourage better posting
What is this even supposed to mean.
>>
>>10076918
>Selling replicas is not the same as reposting public pictures.
Both are illegal (and no, the fact that the pic is public doesn't mean you can suddenly do like it were yours). People like you act righteous only when it's convenient. I don't fucking want my pictures reposted wherever. Post yours if you really feel like sharing stuff.
>>
>>10076846

I hope a thread like that don't get made because I see it becoming a mess really quick. The reason this threads are made in the first place is because people want to nitpick like crazy.

>>
>>10076834

It was people whining.

If we post under the term 'coords you liked recently' it usually keeps away the nitpickers with a few asshole exceptions, but that shouldn't keep this or other threads from being made.

>>10076839
Thank you. I would but I'm sort of busy and it takes time to get an archive going.

>>10076845
>I'm honestly so done with people spreading pictures wherever like they are their own property.

It isn't your property either. It's instagram's.

>>10076925
>>10076930

That's fine. I'd make my instagram private if I were you desu.

>>10076940
I think again, if we characterise it as good and clarify no nitpicking we should keep things to a minimum.

I just would like to see if there are any lolitas I miss in my feed that I'd like to follow, because I'm getting a little bored of the same people being posted every IG thread, and it's nice to put a face to the name.
>>
>>10076971
Don’t you guys hate on the dude who did make his insta private because of this? You guys also wish you could see his stuff now but you fucked up.
>>
>>10076979

He clarified it was comm drama, I'm so sick of this story being passed around because it's speculation. We don't know what happened.
>>
>>10076930
There's no reason to be, I hope you'll find more confidence in the future. Some normies think worse of us than anyone could post here and there were mostly nice coods posted or pictures gulls found inspiring.

>>10076940
I didn't say they are all positivity, I said you and plenty other anons are completely overreacting over typical gull behaviour. From thread one anons were making assumptions about how horrible "these threads" were or would be without giving them a chance and then bitching so long until they were dropped. If you want all 100% nice hugboxes without any negative comments, 4chan is not and will never be the right place. If you want to share and discuss nice coords without stupid nitpicking, be a good example instead of bitching.
>What is this even supposed to mean.
Ignore what you don't like and support discussion and posts you like. Instead of whining about the thread, post things you would like to see. It's not that hard.

>>10076967
> The reason this threads are made in the first place is because people want to nitpick like crazy.
They were made because anons wanted to share interesting coords and instagram posts. And again, you're basing your assumption on the total of four threads.
>>
>>10076987
If you're going to make one, just make one already. You're not going to convince people. Stop waiting for permission that's never going to come and just do it
>>
>>10076971
Well, I have to tell you, this is a really bad idea. And to be honest, whenever I see anyone insist this hard on having this kind of thread, especially when so many people clearly hate it and they've gone so badly before, I strongly suspect that they're actually just bored and want to invite drama. Otherwise, if you're being honest about your intentions, there are plenty of other avenues for you. You can ask here for account recs. You can make a "X substyle inspo thread" or just resurrect the old good coords thread. Or you can even search through the tags and enjoy the coords quietly on your own.
>>
>>10076971
>It isn't your property either. It's instagram's.
Wrong, it's still yours. Inform yourself better nex time.
>>
>>10076993

^^^^^^
this
>>
>>10076989
You have a point, I'll go back to digging thorugh tags.
>>
>>10077000
wow you're making a thread only two people want probably both just for the drama of it? people saying 4chan sucks really are right lol
>>
>>10076993

I actually suspect that people who want to bring the thread down post drama into it so it fails, but whatever.

>>10077001
Wtf, anyone can make a thread.
>>
>>10077001
You are free to leave whenever you like.
>>
File: ig photo rights.png (71 KB, 628x249)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>10076995

Ooh good pointer! Thanks anon for having me look it up.
>>
>>10077005
It can be shared only through instagram sharing settings, genius.
>>
>>10077019

This was in an article of an artist making profit off of taking screenshots and taking advantage of the loophole, Einstein.
>>
>>10077003
Just out of curiosity, why do you even want this thread so bad? It's clearly an unpopular opinion to make it, the way you are insisting so strongly on doing it makes me wonder if >>10076993 is correct about your intentions
>>
>>10077029

NAYRT but why are people not offended when clearly instagram photos are posted without other peoples' permission? CoF photos? Twitter photos? Instagram photos to the IG thread, tumblr photos? They don't care because it's another lolita, with their photo saved into someone's file, but it's not them. If they had any objection to photo sharing the way they are now, they wouldn't be here.

It's fucking hilarious and hypocritical to see the passing of photos around like it's no one's business, but take it off your own IG and it blows your fucking mind.
>>
>>10077021
That was a copyright infringement, Popper. He was sued. He made it only because he edited the image and because he probably had enough money to hire a very good lawyer. See how they used the word "STEAL"? Does "STEAL" sound like something good to you?
>>
>>10077032
A lot of people don’t post to COF but will to insta and so they are scared they will be judged finally.
>>
>>10077032
To be fair I ( one of the anons who are complaining) never shared anyone's picture. When I knew people shared here all CoF pictures I even stopped posting there.
>>
>>10077034
This. People avoid posting things to CoF that are casual or more relaxed on the rules because they knew it will end up here and get ripped to shreds. Normally that stuff is ok to post on Instagram, but if you are going to start bringing Insta posts here and nitpicking them the same way we do with CoF, people will stop posting them there as well.
>>
>>10077029
Also nayrt, but clearly unpopular based on what? Why are you treating that anon like they're the only one who would like to see the thread? Are you aware that this is an anonymous website?
>>
>>10077034
>>10077037
>Isn't afraid to be judged by 200 normies on a daily basis
>Is deeply afraid of some noface nonames calling them ugly
How? I'm genuinely curious, I never understood that mindset.
>>
>>10077039
Ok, why do you want that thread then? I am genuinely curious why anyone who had been on this board for more than 5 minutes would want that thread as opposed to an inspo thread or an old fashioned "good coords" thread.
>>
>>10077033

Yeah news sites would never use attention grabbing, clickbait and untrue headlines to draw audiences in.
>>
>>10077044
Who cares what normies think? But the people posting you here could be comm members or people you'll actually meet some day or people you look up to. An anon may seem like nobody but they also could be anybody, and that's kind of terrifying
>>
>>10077044
Actually I couldn't care less about strangers' opinions. I just want to keep track of my pictures. I know they are in one place, and I want them to stay there. I would be totally okay with people sharing a link to my pictures and discussing them. But reposting means creating a duplicate.

I wonder if there's some way to have a picture erased from here? I mean, could I report a picture I own for copyright infringement? Would 4chan take it down? I had never thought about this and I'm not that hopeful but I guess it is worth asking.
>>
>>10077047
I doubt you even bothered reading the article. Fuck off.
>>
>>10077060

Right back at ya.
>>
>>10077046
Because inspo threads are more confined to one topic and often post the same coords over and over again. A good coord thread is heavily based on personal taste and automatically invites people to visit it just to nitpick the ones they think don't fit into the thread. An Instagram thread is broader and more easy-going on topics, plus we can post pretty detail pictures, photoshoots and gifs.
>>
>>10077049
Thinking someone from your same comm could criticise your picture online behind your back or even saying bad things about you is really sad :c
>inb4 "such innocence etc etc"
Yeah I know, what can I do
>>
>>10077064
You want to see pretty coords, just use instagram. I agree not everything is gold but having to repost all the pictures is a lot of work and many people are not/wouldn't be happy with it.
>>
>>10077052
>I wonder if there's some way to have a picture erased from here?
Anon please lurk more oh my god
>>
>>10077052
>thinking you can get something erased from here
Maybe if you blow a janitor they'll delete a post for you
>>
>>10077044
Maybe you have a good reach but most of my insta followers and likes are other Lolita’s so it isn’t normies. And so it’s a more relaxed way of sharing outfits because it’s my insta and my look and you choose to follow me.

That being said I do post on cof too so I am fine with cgl judging but I get why others don’t. I won’t pretend that insta threads were positive if anything I got more hate from it than cof
>>
>>10077064
So you basically want to play at Tumblr and "reblog" the pics from insta into a thread here? I don't believe it. Why not just comment on the person's Insta saying you like the pic and start a conversation there? I don't buy that you want to post these pics here unless you want to start some sort of anonymous discussion about the pictures you post. Surely you see that any such a discussion is more likely to turn negative even if you post it with good intentions
>>
>>10077069
>>10077070
Well it looks like the admins will delete almost whatever gets reported.
>>
>>10077077
they just want more drama
>>
this thread started off good and is going to the shitter, itas and cos drama thots get out reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>10077068
Might as well close this board all together, since we can have every discussion on Facebook. It's like you said, there's a lot but not too much is nice.

>I don't believe it.
I don't care, I told you my answer and everything else I would reply was already posted ITT. You're ridiculously paranoid about being posted and no amount of good talking will change it.
>>
>>10077079
I hope they hurry up over to the stupid questions thread then, because there's some incel posts shitting it up at the moment.

>>10077082
Looks like it.
>>
>>10077088
>implying you were only talking to one anon
Going by how the posters number has changed since I came in here there are at least 3 of us disagreeing with you
>>
>>10077094
I didn't, I forgot to quote >>10077077
And there are at least 3 others wanting an insta thread. This debate is useless as fuck, a thread will be made anyway.
>>
>>10077100
Guess my account will stay dead for a little longer then.
>>
>>10077100
Well why haven't you made one yet instead of circkejerking for hours about it with people you're completely unwilling to listen to? >>10076989 was my first post here and I still stand by it. I think it's a shit idea. But if you're so convinced that you want one, go make one. The way you keep talking about it rather than doing it makes it look like you have doubts
>>
>>10077103
No one cares.
>>
>>10077106
Not everyone who disagrees with you is the same person.
>>
I’m still kind of a baby with instagram, but what’s the deal with other cosplayers who will follow you/unfollow a week later? I get that they’re trying to get more engagement, but even when I do follow them back/like their posts but get unfolllowed it makes them look like complete asshats playing that shit. Does that just not hurt their reputation?
>>
>>10077431
I wonder the same thing. These kind of people follow me on, like, a daily basis, I don't understand how no one ever says anything about it. It's super annoying.
>>
>>10077431
This has been annoying me lately too. I've noticed some people follow and then unfollow me multiple times. One person followed me, then unfollowed me but proceeded to keep tabs on me (going through and liking multiples of my posts regularly) for whatever insane reason. I always just block them and move on since yes, the general advice is to not care, but kind of curious if anyone's called these losers out or dealt with them in a more satisfying way.
>>
>>10077431
>>10077432
Some of these people also have bots that will follow up to thousands of accounts a day and then unfollow them at a later date for them. These bots can also target specific tags like #cosplay or #eglcommunity so that who they "follow" is more targeted.

>>10077451
I tried calling out one of the people but they're a well-known cosplayer among costume makers so no one gave a shit.
>>
Honestly this is going to sound ridiculous but I'm hoping to get some advice.

I'm looking to grow my following, as a "kawaii" aspiring Influencer with a shamefull 200+ following (trash, i know)
I mainly post J-fashion/Alternative fashion.
I'm looking to improve on how best to present photos, Best times to post, Best tags to use and similar.

Not expecting a hell of a lot but I'd be open to advice if people are open.
>>
>>10078465
If you can't do research yourself, especially on presentation and tags, you're ngmi.
>>
>>10077431
They are hoping to get follows back, but want to hide that they do this by having a much larger follow count. Someone I knew did this daily or with bots until she had 20k followers for a very bare account. Now they have all completely disappeared.
>>
>>10078465
Did you even read the faq
>>
>>10077431
>>10077432
>>10077451
>>10077453

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think people who do this should be named and shamed. There's really nothing holding them back from this scummy behavior other than occasionally getting blocked, and that's apparently not enough to send the message. I don't care for being caught up in their shitty games, and personally I would love if there could be some kind of "blacklist" so that everyone knows who to instablock and shun in general.
>>
>>10078798
Blocked by all 39 people posting in this thread
>>
>>10078465
F A Q
A
Q

>>10078798
I'm >>10077453 and literally no one gave a shit here and neither did the cosplayers that I'm friends even though I posted proof of her using a bot. Even though I agree that we should be calling people out, doing it doesn't make a difference at all.
>>
>>10078915
Thats not what follow/unfollow means in a social media growth context you moron
>>
>>10078798
desu I hate people that do it on a regular basis but it's made me paranoid now. I exchanged info with a handful of people at a con this weekend and added them back so we could find each other but now looking at most of their feeds I would not follow them normally since they don't post content I'm interested in. Now am trying to figure out if I suck it up and keep them on my feed or wait it out for a few months and just keep a list to unfollow them then.
>>
>>10078986
God, this happens to me all the time too. They're usually super nice people, but we just have totally diverging interests or tastes. Also happens with people I follow because we're in the same upcoming group, but I never would have followed them otherwise. I usually keep following them though because I'm paranoid of someone confronting me if we run into each other at a future con, since it happened once before.
>>
>>10078986
Just mute them
>>
>>10079113
For some reason I didn't know this existed for instagram posts (as opposed to just stories) thanks!
>>
Hi everyone. I want to change my cosplay name to my nickname; I’ve used it in staffing cons for years as well as my gaming handle. Many people IRL know me as this name. I would have used it for cosplay from the start but my ex boyfriend didn’t want me to use my real name as part of the handle (it’s a play on words with my real name). I’ve been very inactive and haven’t posted a ton with my current/old cosplay name so the change wouldn’t be a big deal on my end.

The only thing is, now two years later, there is someone else using that name (_____cosplay). Is it shitty to still use it? She’s active and has around 850 followers. I have 150. I’m not trying to get efamous, but I also am planning on posting more frequently. I have such an attachment to that name and I know it’s not “mine”, or anything. I don’t mind there being two of us at all, but I don’t want to start a war or something in the future if she sees mine and gets upset at me. Since we’re very different (she’s a Disney pinup sort of person and I’m an idol/animu cutesy sort of person) I’m not worried about confusion when giving out my name. What is proper etiquette here? Could I throw in a number or something to make it different?
>>
>>10079299
Idk, to me, there isn’t anything wrong with that. I follow some people with almost identical names but I’ve never thought that one was stealing from the other, or trying to ride on their coattails. You’ve both clearly arrived at that name from totally different places, so I don’t really see any reason you shouldn’t.
>>
>>10079299
I see like 900 variants of Black Cat Cosplay or Okay Cosplay or whatever a day, as long as it's clear you're not trying to impersonate this girl I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you're not in the same area. Consider adding something extra like The_____Cosplay or Happy______Cosplay or something simply so people don't get accounts confused when you tell them your username, though.
>>
>>10079425
>>10079411

Thank you both so much, I’m so relieved! I appreciate your answers.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.