[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 45 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: strike witches.png (1.14 MB, 1197x673)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
Previous thread: >>10043994
>Anon: "Why is Nishicon so late this year?"
>DynamicCon is still kill
>DCC's Deadpool host got bullied, dun goofed and kicked out
>Anon: "What makes someone a likeable cosplayer to you?"
>Animecon opened their cosplay compo registrations and locker sales, still no word on hotel shuttle busses.
>Guild Games happened, although no eye witnesses have come forward yet to confirm this yet.
>Jaapcon 2 also happened, next edition will be in 2020 according to some anon.
>Anon has breast envy
>Anon: "Abunai should sell limited VIP tickets with a guaranteed hotel reservation and line-skip"
>Anon be like "OMG Duh is so elite!!1"
>Anon: "What content would you like to see at a con?"
>Anon shared a con agenda sheet I may or may not have used to complete our Google Calender
>UK Anon wants to come to Viencon
>Photoshoots: Fun for the entire family!
>Anon confuses Tomo for Moshi Moshi
>Pixelmania hype knows no country borders
>Dutch Cosmunity is kill
>Tomoreten is stirring things up online

Upcoming major events:
>Imagicon 4.0 (Januari 26th, Ede GL): Sci-Fi, geeks stuff, cosplay and what not.
>TomoFair Rotterdam (Februari 23rd, guess where?): Dealers, some games, yadda yadda.
>Made in Asia (March 9th - 10th, Brussels BE): Anon said it needs to be on the list.
>Dutch Comic Con (March 23rd & 24th, Utrecht UT): Buy merch, watch the cosplay competition and chill with friends.
>FACTS (April 6th & 7th, Gent BE): Pretty much DCC in Gent.
Full list: https://dutchgulls.nl/en/agenda/

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ often only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and move on.
>If you walk 500 miles, better walk 500 more just to be the gull who walked a 1000 miles to fall down at my door
>Our site with a store list, newcomers guide and more: https://dutchgulls.nl/
>Our Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY
>>
So all memes aside, did anyone actually go to TomoFair this weekend? How was it? Did anything stood out to you?
>>
>>10072737
I went. I liked the mainstage although it was pretty crowdy and a bit too loud for me. When there was a show it was quite difficult to walk due to the people. The dealerroom was okay. I heard some things got stolen. Visited the cosplay cafe too, I actually really liked their ramen soup although I found they were in a pretty weird and hard to find spot. The foodcourt was too expensive for me and the gamerroom really sucked.
>>
If people actually came in with whole take out meals and new york pizza boxes etc. I kind of understand Tomo I mean seriously how retarded are you? Then again, what can tomo expect from their average visitor age anyway. I think their main problem is their geared towards younger children a bit too much. With their 5 euro entrance etc. you're bound to have a swarm of kiddo's show up. Their tomo party with the bouncy castles and stuff doesn't help either.
>>
>>10072899
Yeah. I saw people with stacked New York pizza boxes and buckets full of KFC. Even some people who just brought those extra large cola bottles and strollers full of sandwiches. That's just insane and I can quite understand why they made this decision to not allow any form of consumption anymore. Those FB crybabies complaining about diabetic people who supposedly weren't allowed to take anything with them are overreacting as well since they could keep something small to eat on them.
>>
>>10072766
I thought the food court was pretty OK. the €10,- meal with curry/okonomiyaki + kara-age/yakitori + veggies + drink was actually a good deal!
What I don't understand is people complaining about the free tickets. as if you want to pay for tomo. also they complain about getting a free ticket and then complain about the food being too expensive, which is weird. you saved 5 bucks getting a free ticket why not throw that at some food?
>>
>>10072737
It's pretty much what you'd expect, just a hall with some dealers on one side and 2 halls on the other side with one being the foodcourt and karaoke and the other one being the gameroom.
Crowdy and very bland imo, but as a free con it's okayish.
>>
I still don't get why people complain about Tomo, yet they still go to their events? Is it just so they can shit talk about it afterwards?

If you don't like Tomo, simply don't go.
>>
The elitist castleshoot cosplayers have been picked, let the hate flow through you.
>>
To the Anon who asked for advanced workshops/lectures: I'm working on it.
>>
>>10073424
Why elitist and hate? There is simply not enough room for everyone, so they have an honest vote. Anyone could have applied and anyone could have been chosen. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>10073417
This, I find Tomo events to be boring and lacking in terms of content. This isn't necessarily a problem with Tomo itself but more with me not being their target audience. If others can enjoy themselves there then so be it, meanwhile I'll just throw away the free tickets and do something I enjoy elsewhere.
>>
>>10073424
Can you point out the requirements to be part of the elitist? Maybe i have been under a rock, but most of the cosplayers that got selected i even never heard of? The one thing i can conclude based on the selected cosplayers it's not based on popularity. So if you could elaborate it would be nice :)
>>
>>10073472
Just someone being salty for not being selected.
>>
Doesn’t tomo usually have a photographer? I thought it was weird I couldn’t take pics of my cosplay at a photo booth. Or was it just a walking event photographer this time?
>>
>>10073447
>>10073479
I'm pretty sure >>10073424 is being sarcastic or simply mocking the ones throwing a fuzz after not being selected.

>>10073472
Nothing special really. From what I heard you need a costume that fits the location (some fancy castle) and cosplay modeling experience being preferred. In the end it's up to the photographers to decide who they want or not want to shoot with however. I guess the only remotely elitist part in this all is them not selecting the inexperienced or the ones they have had bad experiences with.
>>
>>10073484
There was a photographer. He was next to the Cosplay Cafe
>>
>>10073333
I like it when cons offer a meal like that. They did that at Facts too and it was great. You had several meals + a drink to pick from for 8-10EU and they actually had a big kitchen so they could cater to plenty people at a time.

>>10073488
In the end it's up to the photographers to decide who they want or not want to shoot with however

True this, I've seen group shoots before and if a photographer/cosplayer do not wanna work together and it's a pain in the ass. You want photographers and cosplayers ideally to prefer to work with each other, and then a couple opportunities to match new photographers and cosplayers for connections.
>>
>>10073497
Oh I honestly thought it was either ehbo or a resting spot because when i walked past it i only saw some guys sit on a bench and chitchat. Now i feel bad I didn’t get any pics taken
>>
>>10073472
>>10073488

There were OPEN signups. Photographers simply got to vote, the costume you signed up with made a big difference since it would obviously have to fit the environment.
>>
>>10073512
You might aswell take photo's with some friends outside because his photos don't look much better. I dont get it why anyone would pay for those.
>>
>>10073509
That kitchen is kind of lacking at WFC. I noticed one of the caterers washing their pots in the washroom sink. While it's perfectly safe to drink water from the taps in those sinks, it's still... odd to have to wash up in a restroom.
>>
>>10072766
>the gamerroom really sucked.
They had some interesting games like wangan midnight and sound voltex, but definitely not the best work I've seen from them, but not the worst either. IMHO it was "just ok".
>>
>>10072899
Were there bouncy castles again? I wouldn't trust weebs with it.
>>
>>10074305
Not this time. :'(
There were in Nijmegen which I can understand giving that there were a lot of normies bringing their children in, so it fits their target audience I guess.
>>
>>10073668
Sounds like a big circlejerk to me
>>
>>10075078
How exactly?
>>
>>10075095
Because they didn't pick me
>>
>>10075119
>n
Did you even take the time to look at the cosplayers? There's a lot of new names there.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1547056404669.jpg (103 KB, 1080x720)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Tomo's maidcafé has new uniforms and I am peeing myself.
>>
>>10075305
It looks like they are running a snackbar.
>>
>>10075322
And that is why it is perfect.
>>
I'm visiting the Netherlands in March. Would it be too warm to wear a velvet JSK there in March? I heard it snowed in March last year but that doesn't usually happen?
>>
>>10075324
March is usually still cold. It's April that gets a bit unpredictable and in May the weather will be nicer. I think you'll be okay.
>>
>>10075305
>Maidcafe
It's a cosplay cafe damn it, that's an entirely different thing from a maid cafe! All jokes aside, I feel sorry for them that they had to wear this. It ruins the maid/cosplay aesthetics not to mention how I wouldn't like my shit to en affiliated with Tomo.
>>
>>10075339
Didn't that other maid café also do cosplay theming at the beginning? I remember there was a love live maid café at Animecon a few years ago.
>>
>>10075343
Wasn't that where the idea came from for this cosplay cafe?
>>
>>10075339
I wonder if Tomo made them wear this and if it's their free choice to do so desu
>>
>>10075305
I am supposed they can’t find more attractive staff members in he service industry and/or a niche where everyone is pretty obsessed with their appearance and eager to be in the spotlight.
>>
>>10075385
But why hire based on looks? If they do their job I don't see the issue
>>
>>10075387
you know they do select people based on appearance, right?
>>
>>10075397
Source?
>>
>>10075387
>>10075397
Isn't the whole point of a cosplay/maid cafe is to be served with extra attention by cute girls/guys to make you feel nice, else I wouldn't go there
>>
>>10075413
I see a cosplay cafe more as a themed cafe, but I totally agree with maid cafes existing to give you extra attention
>>
>>10075419
If the theme is a wig, that's quite the shitty cosplay cafee and those shitty ass aprons don't help at all. Why don't they design actual costumes, wear costumes from the respective series or design a modern apron like the ones they had before?
>>
>>10075422
Their previous outfit was a black shirt, black pants/ skirt and brown apron. Now it's white shirt, black pants/ skirt and yes some ugly ass yellow apron. But I can't imagine anyone working in a full cosplay because I'm not waiting on some weeb accidentally getting their food on me.
>>
>>10075426
Maybe you should buy a cosplay that fits well, anon. desu, I never have issues functioning like a normal human being in cosplay. If people can run and dance on heels, people can work in proper fitted cosplays. Not that they know what that means, desu
>>
Where do you expect that cafe to get money from to make proper costumes?
>>
>>10075438
Patreon lewds
>>
>>10075438
Exposure
>>
>>10075438
Sextapes
>>
>>10075422
Maybe Tomo makes them wear that apron. i actually wonder because nobody in their right mind would wear that voluntarily.
>>
>>10075717
maybe you should ask them.

>>
Volta in Cosplay (which is basically Italian Pixelmania) results are announced. A couple of Dutchies got accepted as well.
>>
>>10075717
Or it has to do with HACCP ruling?
>>
>>10076077
>HACCP
You know that NNN has actual licensed cooks and is registered at kvk and the maids still wear cute frilly outfits?
No excuses
>>
>>10076086
You know that LC has exactly that too?
Also, HACCP for the maids has nothing to do with what happends in the kitchen...
>>
>>10075387
Because appearances ARE part of the experience in the service industry.
Seeing as the job is not a difficult one, if you have 2 people capable of performing the task equally adequate, get the more appealing one. Not saying that the current get-up is bad, but tells me it is lazy recruitment/management.
>>
I like kirkwall coffee, rather have green aprons and dragon age be a thing.
>>
>>10076293
Except that this is just done for fun, as a hobby, by volunteers. They don't get paid to do this and they're not a real, "official" cafe so we can't expect them to be either. Personally I think they look okay, you can tell they are sincerely trying. It's just trial and error, really. NNN, and other cafe's, have been here since years while these people just started and still gotta learn A LOT j(ust like the older cafe's had to do when they just started.) Which is okay. I've done volunteering work myself and it's everything but lazy.
>>
>>10076452
I'm sorry, what? I have never seen a start-up maidcafe lacking in appearance this bad. Next to that, they will get some form of payment from Tomo as they are clearly sponsoring them. That money is officially meant for the cafe. They are as official as any other volunteer maidcafe. The food looks okay, but I wonder if they know they're not allowed to sell self cooked meals without proper licenses.
>>
>>10076519
Personally I don't think they lack in appearance at all. Besides, they don't get paid by Tomo so maybe check your sources. Everything they do and have is paid and invested by their own money. Don't believe me? Ask them yourself instead of making inaccurate assumptions.
>>
>>10076293
I never get why people emphasize appearance that much.
Does your meal taste worse when it's served by someone with a bad appearance? No! of course not! DESU I've had some of the best food of the world in the most ugly stalls you can imagine.
>>
>>10076569
Ambience is a measurable factor to contribute to customer experience, including the appearance of your server.

That does not mean it is a hard criteria for a taste experience. It is however an important factor for the overall experience.
>>
>>10076569
This. Besides, it's hard to find nice looking people in this community anyways. Try finding someone who does good make-up, good wig styling, has a pretty face AND wants to work at a con. Not gonna happen buddy. Give them some slack already.
>>
>>10076568
What does a sponsorship mean? Let's wear clothes with their brand on it, because they let us have a crappy stall at their con? That would be quite the shitty deal and they could've gotten more out of that. Hoping everyone there has a good experience and their food is okay.
>>
Mostly hope their food is ok. Tomo has had their food outside in the burning sun and the fries stall outside gave me the shits for 2 days.
>>
>>10075954
Velvetart has already announced that she is cancelling so there's only 2 semi acceptable photographers and 1 cosplayer left so far
>>
>>10077229
Who? I'm pretty sure I saw more Dutchies underneath the list of cosplayers.
>>
>>10077229
which 2 semi acceptable photographers are left and which cosplayer according to you?
I thought i saw 4 photographers including velvet art so 2 photographers cancelled ?
also there were 3 cosplayers that got accepted if i remember correct, did 2 already cancel?
>>
>>10077554
Here is a maths question for you anon. A group consists out of 4 photographers. The only good photographer leaves the group leaving 2 semi-acceptable photographers and the rest which are shitty photographers. How many shitty photographers are left in this group?
Hint: 4 = 1 + 2 + Y. Find Y.
>>
>>10077576
They're only "semi-acceptable" in your opinion though. Don't be such a prick.
>>
>>10077577
Jokes on you, I'm not even >>10077554. Also wrong answer anon, the correct answer is Y = 1. You really do suck at basic maths don't you?
>>
>>10077584
Hah, I'm not >>10077554 either lmao
>>
>>10077576
You have a severe case of selective reading and answering

- Ask for who you indicate as semi good, gets answer about numbers and your conclusion and reasoning that the group consists of 4 photographers 1 good 2 semi good so one has to be shit.
Then you try to be a smart ass by saying someone else is wrong and the answer is 1 shitty photogapher.
By saying this you proved you're full of crap and knows nothing.

Looked into the list because i was curious and it appears there are 5 photographers from the Netherlands.
If you didn't try to be a smart ass your math theory would hold up, but you already cleary stated that according to you there are 2 semi good 1 shitty photographer which still leave 1 unaccounted for.

At first sight it looked like you had something useful to say, but it appears you know jack shit and just random saying thingswhich can be validated to be wrong.

Was planning to ask about the cosplayers since you did't say anything about good, bad semi good or shit.
but since you have no clue who are actually attenting i guess it's useless now.............

Will just wait and see what the dutchies bring back from the event.
>>
>>10077229
Devon can't even pay a return trip by train from amsterdam and got stuck there so i'm going to be curious to find out how he wants to travel to and stay in italy.
>>
I've been wanting to go to one of these things for the longest time, but as all my friends are normies it's been hard to get someone to go with.
Would you guys recommend going alone?
>>
>>10077686
Done that a few times, can totally recommend it. Own planning,,no stress for hotel payments, ect
>>
>>10077607
U mad bro?
>>
>>10077618
The only one who doesn't know he is not going yet is himself.
>>
>>10077699
Nope, just dissapointed. Thought he really had some input and usefull info to share.
>>
>>10077686

Me too, anon. Wanna go together?
>>
>>10077686
It's definitely fun if you already vaguely know some people so you can say hi and hang out briefly with different groups. Even if you only know them from say, Instagram. If you don't know anyone who goes to cons then it depends more on the circumstances. If you are a social person and will be in cosplay it's going to be very easy to connect to people. If you are not in cosplay it's going to be harder but still doable if you're social. If you're a total introvert going in your normie jeans and tee then you're probably gonna be let down.
>>
Other than all the tomo stuff, it's been so quiet here
>>
A M S T E R D A M
M
S
T
E
R
D
A
M
>>
>>10079188
I went there and it was ok, unfortunately.....
>>
>>10079172
>Other than all the tomo stuff, it's been so quiet here
That's not that all susprising considering we're basically in between convention seasons at the moment. The biggest community news right now is Animecon releasing a list of recommended hotels along with some info on the busses, and Abunai asking visitors about what events they would like to see added to the 2019 edition. As far as dramu goes there is none and WIP content has moved to the WIP thread and Discord where it gets way more traction.

But here's a quick question to get Nishicon under people's attention again. What are your expectations for Nishicon and what do you feel they need to really work on ASAP in order to become great again?
>>
>>10079576
I feel like as long as Nishi will start doing some lite PR in the following months they might step up their game again like last year, also, they might want to update their site seeing how there's some outdated stuff written on it such as Nishicon being a three-day event since 2016.
>>
>>10079576
I really dislike the fact that Nishicon is all the way in May now. It used to be a great starter of the year when it was still held in January/February. Now there's just a huuuge gap (if you're not going to Tomo events, that is.)
>>
>>10079576
Gaining new visitors should be top priority. Nishicon simply lost a lot of their old visitors with their move to Almelo as it's considered "too far" by their old randstad audience to go to for just one day. Meanwhile the content itself hasn't really been worth booking a room for so far making booking a room less attractive to go all weekend. Aside from that they relied way too heavily on Animecon nostalgia which only draws in their old audience rather than the new generation of con visitors. Targetting them would make sense and might explain Tomo's hostile behaviour as they really want to keep the new generation to themselves.

>>10079647
The site does need an update/purge of old content. I also wouldn't mind seeing them posting a (partial) schedule early. It's hard to hype people when there is no information available on the events.

>>10080016
Agreed, it would be nice to see a stable event date like all the other cons have. That way you can actually expect them and think of them as the date nears. But iirc this was mostly due to the Theatherhotel already being booked by other events.
>>
So RCC is dead I guess?
>>
>>10080385
Dead, buried and not even deemed worthy of resurrection by necromancers. I can't say I'm surprised, RCC by far had the worst visitor experiences. I guess they'll just stick to ACC for the time being until they manage to pull that event off properly.
>>
>Some guy wants to host a yaoi quiz
>TomoCon lets him
>Won't shut up about it, spams multiple posts a day in anime groups about yaoi in general in normal groups
>Asks random people for donations so he can give away prices but didn't ask the con itself to do so
This is going to be great. On a more curious note, what can one expect from a yaoi quiz in the first place? Questions about yaoi shows, shippings and hands sizes or something?
>>
>>10082797
Im guessing more about what happened in which series. Like a pop quiz about yaoi?
>>
>>10082797
Hand sizes, hahahaha
>>
>>10082797
They let too many people host shit panels. Like dangan ronpa character panel, or makeup by people suck, or panels with members that are drunk or hungover.
>>
>>10084378
Is this because they don't get that many interesting offers of people who can give interesting panels/lectures/etc?
>>
>>10084378
>>10084408
It's all supply and demand really. People expect enough content to remain entertained at conventions yet only few are willing to organise something. Aside from the usual big names and groups conventions simply need fresh blood and ideas to fill their program. At best they succeed like the new speed dating team did at Animecon, at worst the programming had some filler.
>>
http://www.comiccon-europe.com/ website is completely down. (The group from Amsterdam and Rotterdam comiccon.) Is it over? (Finally?)
>>
>>10085077
>500 error
It's probably just a server issue. The German Comic Con website (same organisation) is still up and so are all social media accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if they just haven't noticed their own downtime yet.
>>
>>10085092
Well Comicon Europe, AKA Amsterdam Comicon and Comicon Ahoy arent really that profitable. They are declining in visitor count. Im sure they still make money rhough. But is there a future for them. If I was them I would stick to the German Comicon events.
>>
Dutch comic con cosplay contest registration is open Go Go Go
>>
>>10085092
Yeah I know, but thats worst, it means someone made a mistake on the site side OR it was on purpose. Plus thats its been about 4 days now...Rather than it just being an issue.
>>
What is this new "accept-only" shoot event about in Arcen? I saw it quickly but it seems like a mess.
>>
>>10086097
Caps?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.