[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

As the title says! What prints (or pieces) are you surprised to find are unpopular? What do you love about the item?

For me it’s IW’s Palace Rose. I fell in love with the print the moment I saw it, it’s so beautiful and has an almost regal feel to it, and it’s gorgeous in real life. And I love that it comes in green! I was so shocked to see that this is essentially a lucky pack reject item that sells for like $50 now!
>>
>>10068947
Ah, fuck me and fuck that typo

> surprised
>>
>>10068947
Is so damn ugly
Poor taste
>>
>>
>>10068960
What the hell?
>>
>>10068947
I was considering getting it as it's pretty and cheap however... I dunno. It feels like the cut looks a bit cheap. I think it's also somtimes ruined to me due to the amount of terrible coords I've seen of it.
>>
>>10068949
So much hustle when you could just say “Underrated prints”
>>10068966
Yes
>>
Innocent Worlds Rose Flare jsk for me. I see it selling for ridiculously cheap on lacemarket all the time yet it's a gorgeous dress. The flare cut is really flattering and comfortable to wear, it's detailed, lined...
>>
>>10068960
this is an underrated thread not a popular dress thread
>>
>>10068947
i love this dress in green in the flare cut so much
>>
>>10068971
>>10068947
I always thought the random print on the bodice was awkward. If the bodice were solid, I'd get it. But with that print section, it just feels tacky
>>
>>10068947
Agreed but only for the Navy colourway. The green is tacky and the red fabric goes badly with the print
>>
File: IMG_20190101_141109.jpg (317 KB, 1286x1864)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
The cuter pancake print. It comes in so many cuts and they're all adorable.
>>
>>10068960
It's sarcasm.
>>
>>10069106
Take that back, the green is beautiful!
>>
Can I pick a whole brand? Because Millefleurs
>>
>>10069107
Every color this dress comes in is atrocious which is a shame because the print is so darling. That’s based Meta for you.
>>
File: 397 copia.jpg (89 KB, 720x480)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>10069145
Meta giveth and Meta taketh away
>>
>>10069136
Millefleurs could have been big if they actually worked a bit harder. But they haven't kept up with the times and have almost no social media presence. Are they even open any more?
>>
>>10069150
I heard from gulls that apparently they are going to have a comeback.
>>
>>10069159
I fucking hope so. What sort of comeback?
>>
>>10069150

To be honest they've always been somewhat less active. You can head over to their old blog and count their posts, they average less than one per month. And that's way back in 2007-2010, before the rise of twitter. Currently they're not all that active on twitter either.

I've always had the impression this was a side gig for whoever owns/runs the shop, so the updates are a little less frequent than someone who does it full time, but yes the shop is still alive. If you're worried you can message them before you buy so you can be sure someone is still manning the emails at least.
>>
taste is subjective, the thread.
>>
>>10069107
The cuts are hideous. I want the lavender skirt so ban but it never pops up.
>>
>>10068947
I really love the art but the edges are too "sharp" and prevent it from blending into the dress (not sure this makes sense, I hope someone understand what I was trying to say). I also love the colours... I would definitely buy the skirt version, which imo is better than the JSK and could work lovely in a dolly kei coord. Also, 100% cotton is nice.

>>10068960
To be honest I've always found this hideous and I'm sure others have as well, so it makes sense for it to be here lol.

>>10069107
That full shirred bodice though... ):

>>10069148
I love how they included animal frames in the animalier pattern, it's very creative. But the dress looks tacky, too many colours and too much of a contrast with the black ruffles. (also are you Spanish or Italian?)
>>
I got this in a lucky pack a couple years ago and was surprised at how nice it was. It's basically my ideal winter OP.
>>
>>10069175
Seriously. Gulls get so pants on head retarded about what they like vs what other people like.
>>
>>10069198
i snagged this in red from closet child and it's incredible, i didn't even know it existed
>>
>>10069148
god i love meta.
>>
>>10069107
What is the name of this beauty?
>>
>>10069198
I would also like to know the name, I’ve been looking for a nice plaid OP like this
>>
>>10069309
Seconded, I'm especially interested in the red colorway mentioned by >>10069293
>>
>>10069309
>>10069310
Square Collar Plaid OP
>>
>>10069136
I really want something of their Mirufu stuff, even if it's just a haori. But it's so hard to get and releases are more scare than normal Millefleurs.

I also love their strapless dresses and their corset + skirt combo's. Any item of theirs of those two that has black as main or accent colour steals my heart so quickly.
>>
>>10069306
Honey Picnic. There is also a jsk that just has back shirring, a skirt, and an apron skirt! Might be more but those are the ones I've seen
>>
>>10069107
Oh no I'm in love
After the shit AP is pulling this is a breath of fresh air
>>
>>10069148
I have both colorways, I love this dress so much
>>
>>10069097
I agree anon I got the purple version in an lp last year and I love wearing it in a more casual way. I'd love to get it in green!
>>
>>10069148
I love this dress but it's absolutely hardmode coording. AP set wearing babbies need not apply
>>
underrated carnival print from AP in my opinion. I know this bodice cut is unflattering on anyone with bit tits but it's so fucking lovely. And I know people shit on the overlay & the lace but the lace is so soft & I like the option of overlay & no overlay
>>
>>10069097
>>10069198

That's the fate of most IW solids, sadly. They look incredible, the quality is top notch, construction is solid (except for the lack of pockets), but a lot of them are kind of plain so they end up not really catching anyone's eye or just being regarded as "boring".

I used to rec them to newbies because they used to go for really cheap on mbok, like we're talking $50 dresses+$20 shipping is still a good deal, and if you change your mind about lolita it's still a very nice dress that works outside of lolita. But most of them end up going for one of the frillier print dresses
>>
>>10069375
damn, I don't wear sweet and even I like this
>>
File: 20180129_9e36e0.jpg (49 KB, 500x500)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>10069375

I wouldn't get hung up on this version, it has another jsk version and a special set jsk version that's far more wearable. And a nicer OP as well.

Honestly if the print still isn't popular then it's on the print rather than this cut.

As for the long jsk cut, it just has a lot of problems that misses its target market by a mile. Usually the longer dresses would suit girls who are taller and bigger, as the extra fabric means the dress waist isn't hiked up to their tits. But the cut-up bust section on this pretty much limits it to boobless skinny girls, and the length limits it to taller girls as it makes shorter girls look frumpy. Then the waist itself isn't as elastic as other half-shirred dresses, so that puts it off limits to anyone bigger as well. It's always gonna be a small target of tall, skinny, boobless girls who are also into lolita, and then requiring them to also like pastel ponies and having enough money to shell out for AP (I mean it doesn't cost a lot, but it isn't free either), and now it's a dress barely anyone wants to try owning.
>>
>>10069522
I like to think about this coord on Kimura U to inspire me.
>>
>>10069145
I feel like there are so many times Meta gets so, so close for me but doesn't make it. I love the Juicy Basket print so much, especially in the black colorway, but am a person with boobs and the only cut I like is the high-waisted one. I actually do like the lavender Honey Picnic colorway though.
>>
File: IMG_9974.jpg (135 KB, 480x640)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
Chained berry memoir, especially this color. The print is so gorgeous IRL.
>>
Honestly surprised this isnt more popular. It sells for nothing despite it being full cutesy animals and religious motifs
>>
>>10069107
I owned this dress, I got it in a lucky pack and it’s so much uglier IRL, the mint green is a lot brighter and the cuts weren’t that great. It’s a shame because I love pancakes. I don’t think I have a single photo of me in this dress from when I owned it, it was just that bad.
>>
>>10068947
I know religious prints in sweet were dead by this release, but even right after this dress dropped I don't remember seeing a single coord of this. Really is a shame, because I think this is one of my favorite jsks. Haven't even seen the jsk being sold either, so I wonder what people are doing with it
>>
>>10070200
I'm not the biggest fan of ap's baby animal prints usually but this is really cute. My guess as to why it's not as popular is it's too classic for the super sweet fans, too sweet for the daily classic lolitas.
>>
>>10070218
>classic
>this print
Bitch where
>>
>>10070218
>>
>>10070200

It's the printed chiffon, it's too sheer. Any other colourway than this ivory one (and that has its own issues, not everyone wants to wear ivory/white), the rest of the prints have off-colour animals because the white animals take on the tint of the lining underneath, which in turn is matched to the dress colour.

Pic related. The animals are white but the lining is so sheer it's tinted lavender from the lavender lining. Gives entire coord a kind of colour-run feeling since nothing actually looks white.

That said though, I picked up the special set lavender and it's easily one of the more wearable dresses out there, it's not too dressy or too plain, and if you ignore the animals being somewhat lavender it actually makes it easier to treat it as a single-colour dress and coord it that way.
>>
File: 16_7_3_06_1.jpg (44 KB, 426x640)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>10070315

Ah, dropped the pic
>>
>>10070200
I remember when this came out and I wasn't too into it.
Seeing it again though, I kinda want to add it to my wishlist.
>>
>>10069375
I own this exact dress and love it, although I am smaller in the chest it fits very well. Its one of my favorite dress actually
>>
>>10070200
I own this one also, in the sax color. it is gorgeous irl, and is definitely underrated. its fits great also.
>>
File: CLOSEUP.jpg (1.7 MB, 1514x1004)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>10070200
here is a print closeup from when I wore it.
>>
>>10070316
I'm kinda into that dreamy, watercolor-esque look
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>10070445

It doesn't look like dreamy watercolours, though. It kinda looks like someone left a red sock in the laundry and now everything is pink.

It's actually easier to coord because the entire dress is actually a consistent undertone now, but I can see why people might be turned off by purplish fluffy animals.
>>
>>10070204
I have the OP and love it, I've posted my coord with it on CoF

>>10070200
not a sweet lolita but i was always interested in this print... but afraid that if i actually got it I would never wear it.>>10070316 this cut... I really like
>>
>>10070200
why wasn't this on my wishlist before, it's like right up my alley
>>
>>10070352
I like it in the sax colorway. Thanks anon. And the cross lace is so pretty
>>
>>10069097
>>10069409
This particular dress is selling for ridiculously cheap since IW sold them for like 3000 yen during a sale
>>
>>10069097
I also blame IW for this, they sold it for flat 3k yen at some point and then the resale value plummeted. it is a very cute dress, but I had to sell mine because it was kinda short on me
>>
Milky Pony Carnival is such a pretty print. I am surprised no one really likes it.
>>
>>10071181
I think it could've been pretty if it was consistently lined or lineless, or at least if the lineart wasn't so dark. It kind of gives the print an "unfinished" look, as if the artist forgot to complete it properly before submitting it. It's cute otherwise, which is a shame.
>>
>>10070200
AP made this series too small for me. The special set is large enough, but the jsk shown only fits smaller sizes.
>>
Underrated print. That tartan is kind of eye-searing but that only makes it better
>>
>>10070204
The print itself is lovely, but all the cuts are too fussy and don't really show it off that well.
>>
>>10070200
I own it in navy, it's my first brand dress, i remember how happy i was when i unboxed it...
>>
File: 11021417_5636f1dd29d2b.jpg (392 KB, 500x600)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
I love Dreamy Jewel (only the OP though). I know it's cliche but I'll go ahead and say it...

>i-it looks better in person, I s-swear!

It really does though. The print looks washed out in every one one of APs photos, but it's so gorgeous and I love the details in every tiny little cameo/jewel thing.
>>
>>10075184
I love the print, but I wish the cuts were nicer
>>
>>10075184
The stock photos don't show how pretty the dresses really are. Usually the photos are over-exposed.
>>
>>10071181
AP made these dresses with partial shirring; they fit small sizes only.
>>
>>10074670
I forever regret stuffing my pink skirt into my backpack in high school, only to find out at lunch (while trying to show a friend) that a marker bled all over it. The print is so gorgeous, especially in pink
>>
File: marine border.jpg (21 KB, 400x300)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Meta marine border! One of my favorite, if not my favorite print of all time. It rarely comes up for resale so I guess the people who have it love it and hold onto it (I have pieces in both colorways and they're super versatile and comfortable) but it just...never gets any airtime or love or coord photos.

maybe it's because it's older and from a special set? maybe it's too lowkey for print fiends and too busy for nonprint aficionados? maybe it's too casual in today's OTT climate?
>>
I really love this print and hope to own it in all colors someday, which should not be too hard considering how much they go for. I think it is really elegant and perfect to wear casually as well.
>>
>>10076871
I thought this was a well liked piece though? Is it really unpopular? (mildly shocked)
>>
I fell in love with this when it released but for some reason I decided not to get it. I haven't seen a single coord of it though and I'm shocked it's not more popular. That's such a gorgeous shade of blue.
>>
>>10076887
This for me too. I love the turquoise one everyone seems to hate.
>>
>>10076887
I'm not surprosed that this is unpopular. It looks cheap as hell. No shame if you like it, but I think it looks tacky and homemade in a bad way.
>>
>>10076887
I also love this piece anon. I have this cut in pink. The fabric is a little weird but it was super fun to coordinate!
>>
>>10076871
Same anon. I think it's just cheap because it was from a LP iirc.
>>
>>10077009
Hi Funk
>>
>>10077041
Nayrt but who's Funk?
>>
>>10077259
a borilita or sissy or something. not that anon, just know who that funk is.
>>
>>10076887
I have never seen a good coord of it. I personally dislike it, but to each their own.
>>
>>10075184
Black dreamy jewel is so gorgeous irl. I haven’t seen it pop up in a while but I plan to snag one

>>10076334
I love this print so much! It’s adorable
>>
>>10076887
I was really disappointed when I saw it irl. The print is unique (and personally I like it), the fabric is beautiful, but every single cut was hideous. I don’t think they knew how to display the print simply to its advantage and instead every dress looks like what you would pin on a dress form before making any critical design decisions.

I would like to see something like this from ETC or Leur Getter instead desu
>>
>>10075184
... deltora quest Lolita
>>
File: IMG_0605.jpg (65 KB, 250x333)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Wildly underrated. Stock photos are terrible though, which I suppose doesn't help.
>>
>>10071181
I love the ponies but the inconsistent themes drive me crazy.
>>
>>10078009

Really? I have the same cut/color that anon posted and I was thrilled when I saw it in person after I bought it- I think it looks great irl. To each their own though ofc.
>>
>>10075184
I love it too. The print has so many little details which just aren't showcased in the stock images. One day it will be mine, good luck to other anons who want it to.
>>
>>10075184
I like this, but I think it would look a lot better if the big bow in the middle was black instead of the print. Is it detachable?
>>
>>10078015
Holy shit Deltora quest

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.