[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

Last thread saged about a week ago.
How was birmingham mcm? I'm seeing drama on instagram about the competitions. What are you gulls building over christmas? any other drama? need it to warm us over the winter months.
>>
What drama are you seeing about the comps? Just curious.
>>
>>10044732
Yeah I haven't seen it either so I'd like to know
>>
>>10044732
>>10044738
Me too, all I heard was about a friend getting runner up
>>
>>10044732
Havent heard anything either. Winners all looked pretty good to me
>>
competition all looked good from what i saw. no drama during the event about it or on instagram that i've seen so i don't know what OP is on about :S
>>
Did any gulls go to hyper japan this year? I heard it was tiny this time and there was nothing much to do
>>
Christ, all these Brit threads built on drama?
>>
If drama involved creepy photographers press 1

If drama involved female cosplaying being stuck up bitches press 2

If drama involved Lewis press 3
>>
>>10045660
HyperJapan is the one con I go to and it has declined drastically over the years. I couldn't go this year but apparently it was awful this year. Such a shame.
>>
>>10045830
are you new here? Thats all the britfag threads have ever been, the same 10 salty cunts bitching. It's fun to lurk it
>>
>>10046333
Been away for a while, but that is quite SAD, then again we are built on miserable cunts.
>>
File: 387095123.jpg (127 KB, 768x1024)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>10044024
You forgot to post Discord, doofus.
https://discord.gg/JjadjRV
>>
Wales Comic Con - They oversold tickets and continued to sell on the door tickets despite being sold out. Not enough staff to control the crowds and the owner got so stressed he had a heart attack and currently in hospital. Printers breaking and people waiting 2 hours for photos to be printed and some photos have apparently been deleted because of corrupted data. It's a massive clown fiesta.
>>
>>10047757
oh god please share more on the heart attack and the lost photos
>>
>>10047757
Are there any pictures or general proof he actually had a heart attack? You don't just decide to have one lol
>>
>>10045660
It was pretty tiny this year only one room and almost no stalls. Dealer friend of mine ended up losing money big time from it as it seems attendance was also way down.

I hope July turns out better or the event is basically dead by next year.
>>
>>10045660
What the actual fuck happened to Hyper Japan? I bought a weekend ticket because the July event was phenomenal but it was an actual mess. A literal third of the size as summer, a handful of acts for the main stage, and a tiny bunch of stalls which were mostly packed with obvious bootlegs. How the fuck did that even happen?
>>
>>10048091
Costs go up. Venue gets more expensive, insurance or whatever organisers attempt to downsize but unit costs still high for traders etc. Most people buy tat online now if at all. If it’s based in London you have china town to compete with and they sell bootlegs openly. It’s not cost effective to try and compete so they also just sell bootlegs at HJ too.

If you aren’t going for the culture/food/friends then the tat is less of a draw. But you could just as easily meet up with your friends “for free” so no need to go either.
>>
File: duggan.png (223 KB, 629x720)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
lol Duggan at it again with being an absolute twat! Now threatening girls who won't date and hoping they get cancer...this so makes me want to go to his failing cafe

Anyone else had experience with this fucktard???
>>
>>10048187
The market in chinatown has been gone for ages so I don't know where else they're selling bootlegs
>>
>>10048266
But he's gay?
>>
>>10048326
Yes he is, but tries to hide it by harassing girls. I should know I used to be part of his cafe where he tried it on with me luckily my friends where there to look after to me as he proceeded to try and get me drunk
>>
Why is weird nose Beth such a cunt?
>>
>>10048266
Doesn't surprise me he is a gay cunt on the same level as Lewis if you ask me
>>
>>10048590
Literally who
>>
>>10048590
Is this about Amazoniancos again? You guys need to obsess over something other than hating some random girl, just go outside once in a while
>>
>>10048605
Speaking as a gay cunt we don't associate with Lewis or Duggan, they were long since blacklisted from our organisation.
>>
>>10048679
I dont think so. I cant remember her full name but she always looks a mix of sucking a lemon and smelling a ripe fart. Which might be the case cause her attitude sucks dick
>>
>>10048721
What's her cosplay name then? Doesn't sound like the Beth anon mentioned
>>
>>10048738
From that description I'd guess they mean Beth Brookes, Minachi cosplay lol. I'm not overly familiar but the name crops up a fair amount in dramu talk
>>
>>10049132
oh yeah her, shes a cow
>>
>>10048187
I get how cons work, just not how Hyper Japan shat the bed so quickly between a great summer event and a dismal winter one. I want to hold out hope next July's con will be a return to what I assume is form, and not more of this crap
>>
>>10048326
The gay is a lie
>>
Credit where it's due for Beth, she blew the whistle on a commissioner who was ripping off a lot of people.
She can be difficult to get on with but a lot of other people just let them get away with it for over a year and crept out of the woodwork when they thought they'd be able to get their money back with someone else fighting their corner.
>>
>>10049458
Give her credit for that, but then she did the same to other people :/ she's also been known to lie about having made costumes she bought/commissioned and entered them into contests
>>
>>10049179
what's up with her, apart from being fat?
>>
>>10049459

That's shitty and all but it's ancient in terms of news and beating a dead horse. She took herself off the market as a commissioner two years ago at least and I don't believe she's competed with anything bought in that time either, let alone won anything with the rushed messes she does manage to make.
The last noteworthy thing she did was fall off a stage mid-performance and I found that hysterical.

I'm all for having a good ass kick of someone who really deserves it but she hasn't done anything worth talking about recently. It's like bringing up that EmoEmu girl who pretended to have cancer years ago. It's not adding anything to the conversation. Though I suppose I can't really blame anyone for having to dig up old things because the British Comm is well and truly dead at the moment.

So what's everyone's next con? What projects are people working on? Is anyone pulling together any Christmas themed cosplays for shoots?
>>
>>10049484
Do you remember which con? Want to see if I can find a vid
>>
>>10049484

Might've been the first Brum MCM of the year if I recall correctly.
>>
>>10049920
>>10050104

Oops, replied to the wrong post.
>>
>>10045979
Guys my emotional support dog just pressed 4 what now
>>
>>10051182
Take it to a con and tell everyone it's fine
>>
>>10049441
Hyper Japan pissed off a lot of their vendors also the majority chose not to come back, and the vendors where 90% of Hyper Japan
>>
>>10051326
HJ has consistently scared away good Japanese sellers since they're ridiculously disorganised so my guess is that they've finally ran out of sponsors and vendors to make the con decent. Maybe they'll fix it in time for summer but I'm not hopeful. Not to mention this year's Winter HJ lined up with a lot of different events such as Bham MCM, Lolita embassy in Spain etc.
>>
>>10051326
How did HJ piss off vendors?
>>
>>10051905

Raising table prices massively, trying to allocate vendors a different table despite there being a set table plan and all being paid for and agreed in advance, being unhelpful in resolving disputes, poor security, harassing vendors to set their tables up a certain way, poor communication, never listening to feedback, all round bad organisation...the list goes on...
>>
>>10052382
Not to mention how they literally let people steal from BTSSB whilst they were having lunch a few years back.
>>
>>10051905
They also refused to do anything about bootlegs or listen to any vendor concerns from the summer event.
>>
>>10052423
Like that time an artist had a table literally next door to a bootleg vendor with her art all over it. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>10052441

I imagine that must have been awkward as hell.
>>
>>10045979
Ah that reminds me, what ever happened to that photographer Harry Streets photography?
>>
>>10048266
>>10048576
I feel sorry for my friends, seems like more and more are joining this cafe and keep spamming me to join their group, like their page and go to their events. I might go to one of them just to see how it's like
>>
>>10049484
>So what's everyone's next con? What projects are people working on? Is anyone pulling together any Christmas themed cosplays for shoots?

My next con is hopefully going to be insomnia64, both me and my bf are quite curious about it. Is it any good? I'm skipping most of the MCM cons this year anyways and I can't be asked to go to cosxpo. If I don't end up going to insomnia64 then my next con will probably be colossalcon

I'm hoping that before June I can make a bowsette cosplay (the red hair dress version) hopefully people won't think I'm just following the bowsette hype trend. I'm also making a mermaid cosplay and a shy guy girl cosplay.

Can't be asked to get a Christmas cosplay, probably will get one for next year though
>>
>>10051326
Tbh I have quite a lot of good artist friends who wish to have a stall at HJ but because of how expensive it is they decide to stick with MCM
>>
>>10053779
>people won't think I'm just following the bowsette hype trend

...But that's exactly what you're doing? It's meme fanart, don't get high and mighty about it.
>>
>>10053776
Best to avoid it like cancer! I barely got out of it myself, it is the most toxic thing ever! Duggan and his mate Martin just pray upon this is why he got fired from AL.

I've seen more girls leave that cafe than join it desu but I'm not involved as much anymore.
>>
>>10053779
>hopefully people won't think I'm just following the bowsette hype trend

Cosplay's always best when you do what you enjoy, just have fun with it
>>
>>10053976
That's the thing I originally knew three people who joined that I thought would be so dedicated in staying (since I'm pretty sure they're part of AL) but then they all left because of how mistreated they were being. And now I have 4-5 friends who joined and is part of it....

Sad thing is that one of the maids wanted to be a maid for years and was applying for these other good maid cafes but she kept on getting rejected. So then she joined this one that was pretty shit and didn't do anything... She then left that one to join arcadia, I can't believe she would stoop down this low to be part of a maid cafe...

But anyways I'm still pretty curious on what the cafe is like so yeah I going to check it out just for fun.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1544615513674.jpg (39 KB, 945x407)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>10054560
Just as I comment this they already have a new logo. Looks pretty cute for an Anime League maid cafe
>>
>>10054564

What a waste.
>>
>>10054560
Check it for fun but it's not much of a cafe like they don't even cook food, but do keep us updated on anything that happens!! AL never liked the cafe, it wasn't even their cafe Andre just kept saying it was which annoyed everyone. This is why most of the old maids who were part of AL joined to help Andre now they left because he accused of one of them hacking his laptop so he smashed it to pieces, another for cheating on him though they were never dating and another for stealing money....like it's crazy!!

>>10054564
It's not an AL maid cafe. Andre got fired from AL and is now being a winy bitch about it and apparently he's gonna spend another 30k on this cafe.
>>
>>10054564
eww is all I can say
>>
Best thing for this maid cafe is to get rid of Andre and disassociate itself with AL. Both are toxic. This cafe would be much better on its own.
>>
>>10054760
tbf I think Andre himself is the toxin he is just obessed with girls especially young ones. I'm glad I got out while I could!
>>
>>10054760
AL sacked Andre and no longer support the cafe - literally no events support or want to work with them
>>
File: headmaid.png (12 KB, 497x167)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>10055009
When their old head maid is looking for a new cafe to join. Also Meian Maid, MAGO and Ai My Maid don't want anything to do with them, so that shows their relationships with other cafes.
>>
>>10055022
Abandon ship
>>
>>10055009
I'm trying to convince the owner of the venue that arcadia holds their events about the cafe but I'm struggling for what to say to them...

>>10055022
Wait didn't she used to be part of MAGO?
>>
>>10054508
Will do anon, I'm cosplaying her because she seems like a fun character to cosplay as plus I haven't cosplayed a red hair character for years

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.