[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: qPG5Dapm.jpg (17 KB, 320x314)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
So lets just say I am in my early 30's and have recently come into a large sum of money through completely legitimate means. To the tune of $267M after getting mercilessly assraped by the IRS. All I really need for myself is a little shack in the woods and financial independence, so take away $5M from that sum and put it aside in an index fund or whatever as my lifelong expenses stack. My family also originally came from a little mining town that was once prosperous, but has now been diversified to the point that someone could essentially buy an entire block of residential properties for something like $100k. What is to stop my from buying a few blocks, renovating the shit out of them to eventually rent them out, picking up a few commercial properties and turning them into your typical starbucks/whole foods/community theater/wine bar gentrification businesses? With my wealth and family ties to the town and it's surrounding towns that are in similar positions, I assume there's a good chance I could manage to seize some political power to work in my advantage (my great grandfather was actually the mayor back in like the 1940s). I may need to hire some armed guards at least initially to prevent Jamal from peacefully liberating televisions from my properties, but wouldn't he eventually get priced out if I give decent people I would want to stay in town breaks on shit like rent and draw in more money for the local economy? I still have a a few family members from older generations living in that town, and based on the way they talk with their friends and acquaintances I don't think many would object to my methods. Someone talk me out of this.
>>
>>49941013
hi, dad, its me your long lost son, uh,
>>
>>49941013
In two generations nobody will give a fuck about you but will be happy to spend your money.
>>
>>49941013
if you have to ask here then you ngmi sorry, if this is a problem for you now then you are helpless on harder situations
>>
>>49941062
this, also they will probably racemix if you live in america
>>
>little mining town that was once prosperous
>diversified to the point that someone could essentially buy an entire block of residential properties for something like $100k
>may need to hire some armed guards at least initially to prevent Jamal from peacefully liberating televisions

don't let your emotions, family ties, and nostalgia trick you into buying into a ghost town
>>
>>49941013
Impregnate as many women as possible, raise the kids tough as fuck and take over the world.
>>
>>49941013
>little mining town
just reopen the mine and you'll be gifted the key to the city. doesn't matter if it's just a hole in the ground at this point, you will do a lot to sway hearts and minds by bringing the "life" back into the town. plus, you have a consistent tax break to fall back on so that you don't continue to get sodomized by Uncle Samberg
>>
>>49941144
>open pit mining
>wreck the town for years with heavy equipment traffic
>Leave a toxic lake behind when you're done
Based
>>
>>49941062
>nobody will give a fuck about you but will be happy to spend your money.
Doesn't that still work to my advantage?
>>49941083
>if you have to ask here then you ngmi sorry
Well this concept is a little new to me since my dad was a typical boomer who just spent money on vacations and fancy restaurants instead of thinking about how he could use it to influence the world around him so I figured of all places on the internet this might be among the most ideal to discuss a strategy since Google would just tell me to donate all my money to the local BLM chapter.
>>49941095
Idk with the wfh phenomenon post-coof I honestly feel like this could be a real possibility as long as things can be renovated and improved to the point that Jaden and Stacy make the excited basedjak face about exposed brick in their studio apartment right above starbucks. There are a few small colleges around the area too, so it's not an isolated of an area as you might think.
>>
>>49941144
>>49941177
Checked on both counts, but yeah I don't think reopening the mine would be the ideal choice. I could certainly hold some events or whatever to "salute the strong miners who built this town" and the former-chad geezers would eat it up I'm sure. Have some mining town tours or something like that and make it safe enough to show some boomer tourists the entrance to the mine at the end of it then maybe.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.