[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Capture.jpg (220 KB, 1785x1694)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
How do I short the European Union?
>>
>>49926301
long swizz shekel
>>
>>49926301
They're going to walk that back when they get close to the date because it's so retarded, and they'll already be in a massive depression so no one would be able to afford new electric cars anyway.
>>
>>49926368
That sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>49926572

there won't be an EU in 13 years you 2digit IQ pleb
>>
>>49926572
>they'll already be in a massive depression so no one would be able to afford new electric cars anyway
People that can't afford to buy electric cars don't buy new cars anyway, they'll still be able to buy used fossil fuel cars. It's only a ban on new car sales.
>>
Kek, that's what happens when you let women and soibois in charge. Muh environment
>>
>>49926572
Germany already voted against it lol
>>
It's an absolutely desperate last ditch attempt to scare the markets to bring the price of petrol down at least momentarily. Totally retarded of course, but exactly what one can expect from the EU officials. For the yanks out there, think Biden on his worst day times x10.
>>
>>49926572
The people that run our countries are fucking retarded and have 0 forsight. I live in California and they want to do the same thing. The only problem is that our power grid will blow up if this ever happened. It can't even handle people running their ACs during the summer, how do they expect it to handle the entire population charging their cars as well?
>>
File: 1655988042598.jpg (39 KB, 259x195)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>49926301
>bans fossil fuel cars
>ramps up coal and diesel power plants instead of going back to nuclear
>>
>>49926572
This rule will make manufactures create electric cars for every segment, so they will become affordable
>>
>>49926301
>Shut down nuclear
>Fund Russian war machine by exclusively purchasing Russian oil and gas
>Get into a fight with Russia like everyone warned you would happen
>Have no energy
>Go back to coal even though it actually releases more radiation than nuclear ever has
>Still banning conventional cars
Europeans are the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet. I'm sure of it.
>>
>>49926301
It only applies to cars traveling back in time from 2035, though.
>>
>>49927399
It's not only about global warning, it's also about clean air and noise pollution. Most of city pollution is caused by cars. It causes many deadly diseases and makes city dirty and noisy.
I have to admit I was against the law at first but thinking about it it makes sense, and I'm pretty sure that most of the world will follow the EU in the decades that follow. Electric cars powered by nuclear energy is the future.
>>
>>49927537
those fucking politicians are getting the boot next election, if not i'm moving to fucking s-e asia
t. europoor
>>
>>49927537
>Shut down nuclear
Germany is not the EU... The EU is still the continent with the most nuclear power production as a share of the total power production.
>>
>>49927556
>Get an electric car because it reduces pollution
>Ignore that your energy source is coal
>Ignore the fact that lithium mining is the most terrible thing you can do to the planet in terms of chemical waste
>Ignore that batteries can't be recycled
Ok. Out of sight out of mind right?
>>
>>49927617
Lithium batteries are in their last decade anyway.
And our energy source is not coal.
>>
>>49927615
Counting France probably skews that pretty heavily. Germany IS the EU. They inform all of your retarded policies.
>>
>>49926572
Electric cars are already cheaper than petrol or diesel cars. That is like saying that government would walk back a ban on solid gold sink faucets because they can't afford steel ones.
>>
>>49927667
Ok chud no point discussing this with your ignorant yankee brain
>>
>>49927667
>t. amerilard

my cunt is doubling down on nuclear energy and building multiple new plants

seethe and cope
>>
>>49927660
it used to be russian gas but now that it's over it's gonna be coal because nuclear is icky too
>>
>>49927526
you are retarded. a truck would need a giant of battery both in size and weight to get the current range.

and guess what; it's not even the cost. trucks must have a limited weight so they don't even do the job.

>>49927671
you are retarded, show me a cheap electric car at a family size, with the range of a full tank of a current car.
>>
Inb4 coal powered cars make a comeback.
>>
>>49927483
What's amusing is that most of the US electrical grid could handle a near full switch over to electric cars, as long as they are charged at night. Just not California (and a few smaller areas) yet they keep pushing electrics.
>>
>>49927739
Why would I seethe? The world needs to embrace nuclear and I'm not interested in talking about climate change with people that don't think nuclear is the solution.
>>
>>49927794
Half of EU countries already produce most of their energies from non-fossil sources (including nuclear). The remaining ones, including Germany, will have switched to non-fossil sources by 2035. Poland is going hard on nuclear for example, Germany is largely on schedule to transition to a mostly wind+hydro+solar mix by 2035.
You Americans seem unable to anticipate.
>>
>>49927556
> Most of city pollution is caused by cars. It causes many deadly diseases and makes city dirty and noisy.
Great, ban them in cities only. City fags deserve the rope
>>
>>49927660
You know shit about fuck
>>
>>49926301
Invest in fossil fuel cars and sell them as a deflationary asset after 2035. boom
>>
I sincerely want ICE cars to be abolished forever.
>>
>>49927927
It's been more than 10 years than 4chan is announcing imminent collapse of the EU. We'll do fine without your 'insight'.
>>
>>49926572
>so no one would be able to afford cars anyway.
FTFY. Our politicians are pushing very hard for bike/scooter and other faggy transportation vehicles since quite some time. Car taxes are already insane.
>>
>>49927964
10 years ago the UK was still a member state and there was no threat of freezing to death or starving to death because Russia is waiting you out before snagging up more land at your boarders.
>>
what country are we moving to?
t. balkaner in eu
>>
>>49928053
Damn which facebook group are you following? You seem to know a lot about the EU!
>>
>>49927881
>Half of EU countries already produce most of their energies from non-fossil sources
>https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/infographs/energy/bloc-2a.html
its 71% fossil, 13% nuclear and 17% renewable
>The remaining ones, including Germany, will have switched to non-fossil sources by 2035
kek they need to survive this winter first
>Poland is going hard on nuclear for example
they've been trying to build a plant since 1980's i'm not gonna hold my breath
>>
Great question:

Call Italian hotels and book extensive reservations only to cancel last minute before a cancellation fee would kick in. You basically want to ensure vacancy so their tourism (only) industry collapses.

Lobby the Dems (they'll do anything for money) to put the squeeze on fossil fuels to ensure increase in global price and further dependency on Russian oil.

Do a similar con to Greek hotels to ensure they go under as well. Two countries will be too much for Germany to bail out.

Germany will be a bit hard to take down externally (unlike the others) since they have solid industry. Best bet is to fund/sanction violent antifa/fascists in Germany to ensure a hyper-progressive regime is in power. This will guarantee the import of more liabilities (i.e. shitskins, africans, etc.) who will proceed to mooch and rape the women. Further vaccine mandates should chase the rest of those with common sense out of the country for good.

Continue to supply and fund Ukraine so that they don't capitulate to Russia. This protracted conflict ensures high gas prices AND wheat prices. High wheat = mass starvations in Africa and migrations into the EU. In particular, France will be inundated and BLACKED plus will starve and we all know how the French get when they run out of bread :)
>>
>>49928087
Most of the petroleum is used by cars... If you look at the electric mix it's a different story.
>>
>>49927881
>germany
>solar
lol, most of the country cant get enough sun to make installing solar profitable. The only solar they got was run by gov burning tax money on subsidization and when that ended the boom collapsed.
>>
>>49928081
Now THIS is a seething post.
>>
>>49927351
>>49927556
>>49927660
>>49927615
>>49927705
>>49927881
>>49927964
>>49928081
>>49928161

The EU is so great that approximately .7 European women per 2 people want to bring more life to live in your great regime
>>
>>49928087
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/infographs/energy/bloc-3b.html?lang=en#:~:text=In%202020%20at%20EU%20level,came%20from%20nuclear%20power%20plants.

Fossil fuel is only 35% of the elctricity.
>>
>>49928222
>Fossil fuel is only 35% of the elctricity.
because who needs mechanized transport and heat, amirite?
>>
>>49928294
lol it's so tiring discussing with Americans. I can tell your brain doesn't work very well. Reread the thread maybe you'll catch up the topic again.
>>
>>49928334
allright bro i'm sure you'll be fine without fossil fuels, guess we'll be able to test this theory out thanks to putin, it's not like germany is already back to burning coal
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/19/world/europe/germany-russia-gas.html
>>
File: 1655834294646.png (484 KB, 767x876)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>49928334
Laughing at you bro
>>
File: sssq.png (169 KB, 736x810)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>49928584
I'm not german but I think they'll keep laughing at least until 2024
>>
>>49926572
>The government will be forced to remove destructive policies
No, you're retarded. EU citizens aren't going to resist. Governments are not in any sense of the word accountable to the people they dominate.
>>
>>49928677
>gdp
nice meme statistic
>>
>>49926301
>peak oil is only about 47 years away
it's a smart move
>>
>>49928727
Not as if EU citizens can vote for their "representatives" anyway.
>>
>>49927808
Tesla cars are pretty cheap here in Norway. Like any mid range family car and it runs fine.
>>
Nothing ever happens until it happens
>>
>>49926572
No they're not going to walk that back. Car manufacturers are going to stop producing fossil fuel cars in 2030s anyway. 2050s for american car manufacturers as you are behind.
>>
>>49927617
The most low IQ take you can have.
>>
>>49929546
That's only because of tax incentives, when they ban gas cars, they will remove tax cuts on electric cars and put a tax on electric cars to offset the tax loss of gas cars,
where you end up with a more expensive product plus, your car will allways be connected to the internet and at the mercy of the authorities wether you can go out or not,
and as a bonus, your car can be used to assasinate a whistleblower, with you in it.
>>
>>49927537
They’re serfs and they don’t even know it. All the thinkers left between 1600-1945
>>
>>49928207
There's not much one can do but laugh or seethe at foreigners whose only source of information is propaganda but nevertheless try to educate you how things really are going in your own country.
>>
>>49927556
No, it’s natural gas and hydrogen cars powered by nuclear energy
Oil is for your shipping, coal supplemental to nuclear where inappropriate for nuclear plants
>>
Nuclear power plants are latent nukes.
Chuds always fellate nuclear power
>>
>>49929546
that's because you have extreme subsidies on them you monumental faggot
>>
Don't short it, I greatly enjoy watching it collapse under the weight of its own idiocy over time. Like watching someone turn up the heat under a pot of literal boiling frogs. I feel bad for the more based countries but they're strong enough to make it to the other side regardless while the rest of the chaff is beaten off the wheat.
>hurr 'Murica ain't no better
KEK sure buddy whatever helps you sleep at night.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.