[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Which will have the biggest gains? From my understanding ETH is absolutely trash for scalability. Solana on the other hand has really sus VCs and centralization. FUD me on either.
>>
From a user standpoint solana is way more comfy to use. Phantom > Metamask
>>
>>43742566
Undoubtedly. But will it get rugged by their shit VCs is my main concern.
>>
>>43742529
Obviously Solana.
>>
bump
>>
Asked my rabbi. He says Polygon.
>>
Harmony ONE.
>>
>>43742934
>>43742969
Why though.
>>
>>43742992
>he doesn't know
ngmi
>>
lel Pulsechain is gonna smoke both of them
>>
>>43742992
Because jews, but also Polygon is scalable ETH.
>>
>>43743099
Doesn't that help out ETH then?
>>
>>43742529
Solana will flip Ethereum but Ethereum will have a far higher investment return
>>
>biggest gains
solana has more growth potential against bitcoin
ethereum has next to no growth potential against bitcoin

but solana is guaranteed to fail mid-term, while its highly unlikely ethereum will fail mid-term

long-term both will fail

if you have a small investment (<6 figures) just stay out of both and pick something that hasn't already had it's pump of this bullrun.
>>
>>43743156
Not even the internet computer needs to be restarted as much as sol
>>
>>43743196
Nobody cares about bitcoin anymore
>>
>>43743150
Yes, which is why I think it will do well. People don't want to abandon ETH but want to address scalability.
>>
>>43743216
yes, poor people don't care because they've missed out on early crypto. that doesn't matter though because poor people (altcoin maximalists) don't have any financial, political, or social power in the world.
they just desperately want to get rich, because a decade late into crypto, they still aren't.
>>
>>43743216
Hedge funds, banks, and retirement funds do. So do third world countries. Not everyone wants to invest in shitcoins that will fade away in two years. BTC is the most secure due to its monster dick hashrate.
>>
>>43743221
the problem with layer 2 networks (regardless of the technical way they secure themselves against their parent chain) is that they still isolate themselves into their own ecosystem. the only advantage is there's usually decentralized ways to move funds from the parent chain to the child chain. you're still at the mercy of developers, official or not, creating that ecosystem on each and every layer 2 network, because theoretically you need that ecosystem mirrored everywhere or you fragment the benefit ethereum has had up until now, a peerless network of decentralized contracts.
>>
>>43743271
Bitcoin is beyond making legitimate profit.
>>
File: 1609852680903.jpg (549 KB, 1142x2048)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
>>43743248
They missed out on early BTC and ETH, not early crypto. Real word adoption still isn't mainstream and all of the projects with big futures in crypto either have been or still are at prices affordable enough for normies to make it if they got in now, really did the research, and had the balls to throw everything in.
>>
>>43743482
early crypto was early bitcoin. the only time when you could luck into making the only guaranteed long-term investment. ether is just another part of the altcoin market, with all the clear long-term downtrends all altcoins eventually see.

there's never going to be an end to all the thousands of altcoins printed every year, and along with them endless gambling opportunities, but that's effectively a fundamentally different market to the days of early crypto.

the bitcoin maximalists of today are making orders of magnitude more money in temporary altcoins than they are in bitcoin, which is the defining trend of the "mid"-crypto era.
>>
>>43743450
I see you are a newnigger. Welcome. BTC is about storing value. Fiat currency is controlled by worthless jews that print it with no concern for diminishing purchasing power. That is poor for anyone looking to accumulate savings to retire. Boomers aren't going to buy your doggy coins or speculate on a dozen platforms competing to do the same thing. BTC is the boring, safe option.
>>
File: 1631979699056.png (120 KB, 840x912)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>43743786
How can you luck in to a guaranteed investment? Surely it being luck that you invested in it and it paid off implies that it was by no means guaranteed to do so? Also I'm sure people felt the same way about Ebay and Myspace when they were dominant, but then Amazon and Facebook came along. The people who got rich off Amazon and Facebook were late to social media and online retail investment sure, but they were early for Amazon and Facebook, and that's all that matters. How much people made off BTC in the past doesn't affect me, that I got in early enough (December), exhausted myself researching in an area I had zero experience in, and decided to take the risk of throwing my poorfag low 4 figure saving account in, does affect me. I got to 6 figs and now just need a x10, which isn't a stretch given what I'm holding. Early enough for me and that's all that matters.
>>
>>43743885
the biggest irony is that the altcoin market itself is simply a set of digital fiat currencies mixed with the hype of tech/meme stocks. when you understand that the price action of altcoins makes a lot more sense.
>>
File: a3rgat4regas.jpg (45 KB, 600x315)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
would you actually bet against this mutant alien-brain genius?
>>
>>43743979
luck being that anybody that was around for true early crypto, only had one investment opportunity, bitcoin, alongside a few dozen clear gimmick/meme alternatives.

it's incomparable to tech stocks/social media on a fundamental level because bitcoin isn't part of that tech market that altcoins are part of, it's its own market. lucky money today has made significant gains gambling through the altcoin market, but smart and lucky money have diverged, which is my point, and has lead to the majority of all crypto investment being "unlucky".
>>
>>43742529
Bitcoin won the decentralization game a decade ago and should be the finality layer of DeFi while Solana complements it with everything a max decentralized net cannot have - high speeds, low fees, compute power. With Bitcoin as the mother chain and Solana as its adjutant smart contract platform, crypto will finally get cooking. The jack of all trades that is Ethereum hardly has any reason to exist in that scenario. It will never be as fast as SOL nor as decentralized as BTC. It will get fucked.
>>
>>43743984
BTC goes up with the investment of miners increasing the hashrate, forming a stronger and secure network. It has first movers advantage and normalniggers know the name. Shitcoins go up because of memes and wild speculation. If you look at the top ten, they're going to be like ripple was a few years ago. Most of those projects are going to die off because their shitcoin is going to lose out too whatever dominant shitcoin becomes the flavor of the year.
>>
>>43744167
bitcoin is significantly over-secured today, ironically, despite relatively high profitability for many miners. and hashrate follows price, not vice versa, the market is ultimately uninterested in miners or their concerns, only the regulatory issues that affect both.
>>
File: TVL.jpg (130 KB, 1398x872)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>43742529
So(y)lana will be killed in less than 2 weeks, then it's chinknance, then the dying and old mETHead king

AVAX will be the winner
>>
>>43744091
ultimately the fate for chains like solana are ripping the technology out and securing them as second layer networks, to leech bitcoin's mass of excess security. whether that involves the premined altcoin or not is for the market to decide, but there's little reason to use high-centralization altcoins with their own security, when the future is clearly moving into the direction of security-leeching through layers, as proof of stake relies too heavily on market conditions for long-term survival of minority players.
>>
>>43742586
Nah SBF and Alameda are just getting started

The wealth class doesn’t cash out at 100x. They cash out at 10,000x
>>
>>43744205
>and hashrate follows price,
BTC tanked to 30k because the offlining of miners and selling off to cover costs of relocating hardware out of China. Price went back up following the hashrate. Smart money is in BTC. They saw the growing hashrate coming back and bought the dip anticipating the hashrate coming back. Even now companies are fighting to increase hash rate, not because they think it's going to become easier to mine, but because it's the long term coin worth holding.
>>
>>43744245
Cruddy unscalable ETH clone. It's going back to double digits.
>>
File: 1610545431621.png (330 KB, 1386x728)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
>>43744080
>luck being that anybody that was around for true early crypto, only had one investment opportunity, bitcoin, alongside a few dozen clear gimmick/meme alternatives.

Fair point, makes sense and I agree when clarified in that manner. However I knew about BTC pre 2017 and didn't buy, but I did buy DOGE and it paid off. I can't even call that investment luck really because I read about DOGE, decided it would be worth throwing $300 in to because I believed meme potential would take it to $1 at least once, and I was smart enough to get out at the top instead of trying to ride to a dollar. I put the research in and invested the profits in crypto that has actual real world use besides shitcoin gambling. Sometimes smart money needs luck to get into the game.

>but smart and lucky money have diverged, which is my point, and has lead to the majority of all crypto investment being "unlucky".

That's because of signal:noise ratio and pic related. There are simultaneously huge amounts of worthless shitcoins and general poor investments, and large numbers of people who have seen the writing on the wall for society and feel a desperate panic to make enough money to protect their families before antifa and BLM are given free reign to go on murderous rampages. Not all of them are intelligent. so most will lose money. I might argue that most "unlucky" investments are actually stupid and / or lazy investments resulting from improper research or being easily led by stealth online marketing campaigns for useless coins with high advertising budgets. It's really not hard to spend time reading and finding projects that will be part of the fabric of the tech world of the future instead of buying defi shitcoin gamble platform coin then thinking you're unlucky when your investment that does nothing but let you invest in other worthless coins doesn't pay off.

Lucky money is SHIB / DOBO. They literally just picked the right nugget in a sea of shit.
>>
>>43744328
>unscalable
Is that the lie you tell to yourself everyday to justify getting priced out? Avalanche consensus enables to scale vertically. Subnets (deplayed soon) enable to scale horizontally
>>
File: 1628545556758.jpg (23 KB, 682x515)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>43744651
>AVAX

Isn't that just slowly turning into ETH with gas fees?
>>
>>43744750
Check them by yourself and tell me if they can even be compared
>https://cointool.app/gasPrice/avax
>>
These replies are just poorfag hopium, SOL is propped up, you saw it move from 60 to 80 to 120 to 200, it will dunk on you hard at the very next sign of FUD
>>
>>43742529
neither the market will crash and return to 2 year crab market in February
>>
>>43742529
Radix, and nothing else
>>
Well. After taking into consideration all that has been said. I've decided to say fuck both of them and dumped 20k into Luna Terra. So...yeah.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.