[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>CRYPTOCURRENCY
>IT'S THE THING YOUR FRIEND JEREMY WONT STOP BRINGING UP AT SOCIAL GATHERINGS:
>"HEY HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT CRYPTO?"
>"IT'S THIS NEW THING THAT'S GOING TO REVOLUTIONIZE THE MARKET, AND MAKE ME FILTHY RICH!"
>YES, JEREMY!
>WE'VE HEARD ABOUT IT, 'CAUSE YOU WONT STOP BRINGING IT UP, AND YOU'RE SCARING THE KIDS!
>BUT WHAT EXACTLY *IS* CRYPTOCURRENCY, AND IS IT THE REVOLUTIONARY THING THAT JEREMY KEEPS SAYING IT IS?
>WELL, FOR STARTERS, CRYPTOCURRENCY IS ESSENTIALLY A VARIETY OF ENCRYPED DIGITAL TOKENS THAT ARE STORED ON A COMPUTER
>ANYONE CAN MAKE A TOKEN, AND TRADE IT ON AN EXCHANGE FOR COLD-HARD CASH
>"WHAT MAKES THE TOKENS VALUABLE?" YOU ASK
>GREAT QUESTION! NOBODY KNOWS!
>AND YET PEOPLE LIKE JEREMY WILL *INSIST* THAT IT'S GOING TO REPLACE THE MONEY WE USE IN OUR DAILY LIVES
>IT'S A LOT LIKE WHEN YOUR WEIRD COUSIN MARK SPENDS $500 ON MAGIC THE GATHERING CARDS
>IN THEORY, THEY HOLD VALUE, BUT IN REALITY THEY'RE JUST AN EXPENSIVE NOVELTY FOR NERDS WITH EXPENDABLE INCOME
>"YES MARK, YOUR CARDS ARE VERY COOL AND SHINY"
>"NO MARK, YOU CANT USE THEM TO BUY GROCERIES"
*photoshopped image of man attempting to use magic cards to purchase groceries appears on screen*
>>
i love how kikes gloss over the important points with comedy
>>
*audience laughs maniacally at hypnotic intervals*
>>
>>37379246
Can't tell if this is real but it's dead on accurate
>>
>>37379246
This is so accurate, you instantly know at what spots the [insert laugh track] is supposed to happen
>>
I want to know the back room conversations between executives.
>unleash the comedy fud, we’re bearish for two more months.
Are the bogs really in touch with everyone?
>>
File: johnoliver.png (2.01 MB, 1848x817)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>37379246
>>
Fuck this propaganda artist
>>
>>37379246
But I literally have?
>>
>>37379422
Yeah he's very unlikable and cringy
>>
>>37379386
I think this trickery only applies if you score high in aggreeableness. See: the friend he explained it to is a she
>>
you pay for the convenience to have an op magic card you can play. if the card is op then it has a lot of demand needs to fill a lot of decks
>>
>>37379246
I read this in his voice, you should become a writer, this is really good (although its pure shit) but I mean use your skills in a good way
>>
>>37379246
this guy looks a lot like the s o y i m in the chud memes
>>
>>37379597
he looks like he slurps up a dip or two
>>
>>37379312
It's on purpose, you don't want the group having to think to hard about what you're saying. They just need to know when they're supposed to laugh.
>>
>>37379246
I need no other motivation to become rich from crypto than to hire someone to off this smarmy cunt. Would be worth every penny.
>>
My yugioh locals is next to a mcdonalds. I can't recall the amount of pulls i exchanged for a meal lol. I could definitely exchange them for groceries.
>>
>>37379680
>going to yugioh locals
based. what are they like? only autistic thing i used to do was go to fighting game tourneys. havent gone in a couple of years though due to a combination of not liking the latest FG titles everyone plays + covid
>>
>>37379659
i'd donate a kidney for 5 minutes alone with it and no consequences
>>
>>37379318
i know he did an episode on cryptocurrencies, i watched it and it was very very similar to this greentext sadly
>>
nose check
>>
>>37379246
I laugh. Laughing means I understand the subject matter. Understanding means I am smart. I am in the group. Haha... HHAHAHAHAH FUCK DONALD TRUMP
>>
File: _20210611_161758.jpg (7 KB, 128x159)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
OI guv, you got a loisonce for those pregnant butts?
>>
>>37379246
What the fuck are you talking about? I avoid the crypto topic in minecraft especially when my wife is present. If anyone ask I don't own any coins at all
>>
Classic /pol OCR'd and edited for consumption.

All of John Oliver's segments follow the same repetitive format: present some "argumentation" and "facts" for about 10 seconds, then quickly follow these up with a snarky quip (which themselves overwhelmingly take the form of complete non-sequitur or otherwise absurd metaphor) before any rational processing of the preceding argument can take place in the mind of the viewer. Further telling is that the only 'beats' or mental pauses in the show's pacing exist solely to highlight the approving laughter or applause of the studio audience. Repeat this basic formula without variation 20-40 times in a row and you have one of the 12-20 minute 'segments' that form the backbone of the show
The end effect is (obviously) not to deliver information, but rather to literally teach the viewers -- on a subconscious level -- to mentally associate derisive laughter with any person or opinion that is at odds with the narrative's take on the chosen issue. And it accomplishes this by maintaining a strict adherence to a roughly 20-second cycle in which a stimulus is presented, and a response is cued. This is the sense in which the show is fundamentally hypnotic in effect -- even moreso than its precursors in the genre (Daily Show, Colbert, etc).
To my mind, oliver's show is representative of the media's increasing mastery of the methodologies of mass conditioning; in fact it is almost such a perfect technical accomplishment that I would almost have to admire it on technical grounds, which moreover is in the hands of the entirely wrong people.
>>
>>37379312
It's a half an hour comedy news show that needs to make people laugh and make a brief point.
> REEEEE THEY DIDN'T HAVE AN IN DEPTH DEBATE ON THE VALUE OF DISTRIBUTED LEDGERS WITH PRE APPROVED EXPERTS FROM BOTH SIDES. I'M GOING TO MAKE FUN OF HIM ON THE INTERNET, REEEEE
You're a fucking child if you let this sort of shit effect you.
>>
>>37379246
>"YES MARK, YOUR CARDS ARE VERY COOL AND SHINY"
But BTC can be used to buy shit, even clothing stores accept BTC now.
>>
>>37379386
100% sure this was never written by a psychologist. It's how a 21 year old with a 110 IQ imagines how smart people talk.
>>
>>37379312
No. No it's not decentralized.
No, it doesn't have value other than speculative market value.
No, it has no scarcity as I everyone can make their own crypto.
Yes, it does destroy the environment.
>>
>>37380033
>>37379945
>these responses
>>
>"WHAT MAKES THE TOKENS VALUABLE?" YOU ASK
>GREAT QUESTION! NOBODY KNOWS!
Wait till those faggots hear about the United States dollar.
>>
File: 1622569365906.png (46 KB, 500x500)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>37379316
Hey now. Not too many redpills now. This is a business board something something pol thataway
>>
File: 1595024505018.png (390 KB, 1056x868)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>37380474
the united states dollar is valuable because of this
>>
File: 1403732017074.jpg (102 KB, 800x514)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>37379945
>"Its just a comedy show! Oy vey!"
>>
>>
>>37380033
Is any of it wrong? How?
>>
>>37380033
project harder
>>
>>37379246
I tell ya, I get no respect. No respect at all. The other day I was telling my wife I could have made a killing on crypto if I had just come early. She says, "What's the problem? You do it all the time with me!"
>>
>>37379474
Nice larp
>>
>>37379246
He's pretty funny for a white guy
>>
>>37379945
>It's a half an hour comedy news
Except it's not funny and it's not informative.
>>
>>37380808
>(((white guy)))
Oh anon...
>>
>>37379246
>"YES MARK, YOUR PICASSOS ARE VERY COOL AND SHINY"
>>
this post is meant to be satire yet somehow still manages to make legitimate points that no one is seriously refuting
>>
>>37379422
If you go to the comment section of his youtube vids a minute as they are posted it will be nothin but bots with dozens of the same comments saying how much they like the show. There will be a few dozen different comments with hundreds of diff accounts saying the same lines its fucked

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.