[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1617417677428.gif (2.8 MB, 498x280)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB GIF
Is now a good time to buy a house or am I going to get dumped on?
>>
>>32693758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTpZYCSQ0uw
>>
>>32693758
i think we are in another bubble but who knows when and where it will pop.
>>
>>32693856
2008 Housing bubble happened and yet those houses are more expensive than ever
>>
>>32694017
yea but it took a few years to recover. lots of people got wiped out in 08. markets are a cycle nothing just goes up forever. everything is supply and demand based. the cost of something has to reflect the demand for it and with housing i just don't see it. eventually when homes get so inflated it will literally be cheaper to build a new one from scratch. so at some point it does have to level off. not to mention the detriment this is doing to society. basically pricing another generation out of starting a family and having their own lives. i don't even want to think about it really. it's scary.
>>
>>32693758
Buy materials and have someone build your house
>>
>>32693758
If you have income, it's always a good time to buy a house.
>>
>>32693758
they will pull the rug on the retards soon
>>
>>32694378
Lumber has skyrocketed in price so even that isn’t feasible at the moment.
>>
Should I buy Boise real-estate?
>>
>>32694312
You don't think the millions upon millions of immigrants we're taking in are going to want houses? Buy now or forever be priced out
>>
>>32695419
If you like California transplants
>>
>>32694312
People don't usually buy houses to sell it for a profit. It's a living.

>>32695597
Good point
>>
>>32693758
If you plan living in the house for 15+ years it’ll most likely regain its value even if the market crashes in the next couple years
>>
>>32695419
LOL, you can TRY :)

All jokes aside, there is no "one" housing market.
Each region and price-point have their own demand and supply characteristics.

Boise is the new Austin/Denver
It's gaining extreme popularity, but not ran over with liberalism yet. There's still time, and still insane demand. There will be no crash in Boise.
>>
The trick to real estate is to figure out what state will be the last red state
>>
>>32694312
> i don't even want to think about it really.

You clearly haven't thought much or well.

Home builders don't just sit with thumbs up their asses waiting for your genius brain to think of building a new house.

Builders buy up land in sellers markets. Not just them, but other reality companies, even private trusts are buying up residential land.

For example, if you want to get a house built in Boise, and are NOT already on a list, then you're waiting 2-3 years to get your turnkey. Enjoy the wait. You may end up buying in one of the "sucker" communities that's located in bumfuck nowhere. Those of which, sell out almost as fast as they are listed.

Building a new home is simply not the answer to a skewed housing market.
>>
>>32697363
Which state is that? West Virginia?
>>
>>32698233
Puerto Rico

Honestly, I think Texas will remain a strong hold. Just avoid the blue cities like Austin.
>>
>>32697363
you can also figure out which will be the first blue state to turn red
>>
>>32699275
also colors and sides in politics are dumb right now, i dont think in any country is there someone advocating for better economic policies
>>
I wouldn't buy right now. Maybe in the midwest.
>>
>>32693758
Buy a house after this bull run. Right now it makes absolutely no sense when crypto is this hot.
>>
>>32699202
>Puerto Rico
>Red
You have no fucking clue what you're talking about, dumbfuck.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.