[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>alliances with 1000 companies
>3 legendary boomer wrestlers
>angles from literal fantasy booking
>hotshotting a forbidden door angle that have been teased for 2 years straight
>”HUGE” main event
>*ratings ding-dong diddly PLUMMETOLA*
What’s the scientific explanation for this?
>>
Washington D.C. is more carny than pro-wrestling and draws all the dimes
>>
Smarks really overestimated how popular Japanese wrestling is in the US. They really thought normal people will tune in to watch Honda Mitsubishi but in reality nobody outside the smark bubble cares
>>
>>12965598
There's a new excuse every week after it inevitably fails to draw a million viewers (Not that that's even that impressive). What will next week's excuse be?
>>
Both times they've done an invasion angle, and Meltzer has sperged out about how amazing it was, it did nothing for ratings.
>>
>>12965583
The scientific explanation is Mexican wrestling draws better in American than Japanese wrestling. All of this forbidden door crap is just that, its crap. AEW could have been working 1000 times more closely with AAA, The Clash and MLW than they did. Focusing on Japan and Impact is stupid.
>>
>>12965616
Should have booked Toyota carolla instead
>>
>>12965583
Nobody cares about AEW or njpw
>>
>>12965616
>>12965662
Obese Smarks think anything that draws in Japan must also draw in the US. Hence we’ve been plagued with Hideo, Asuka, Nakamura for years. Look at them now, literally years of pushing but ratings keep plummeting. Japanese wrestling draws Japanese people, Japanese wrestling doesn’t draw American people. when will the companies realize that? I’m sure the tranny company will just double down on the Japanese wrestlers because a few loud obese Smarks marked out on their twitter page.
>>
>>12965583
What’s the scientific explanation for you making 50 cope threads?
>>
>>12965583
>Smarks overestimated Japanese wrestling in the US without understanding the differences
>Chose Kenta over White, Naito, Okada, etc.
> Kenta vs Mox has been teased for months to the point people stopped caring
>Main event was basically another stupid hardcore match that ceased making sense 1/3 in (I quit the show myself at that point).
>Invasion has been poorly booked by a mark booker and they chose to ally with Impact of all promotions
>>
The scientific explanation is that people watch news coverage of the impeachment instead, but, that's bad material for clicks and shitposts, so, let's just say that Kenta used eye lasers to give 100,000 people cancer that killed them in a week or something.
>>
>>12965752
The only time Japanese wrestling draws nowadays is to spergs like Memeltzer and the simps who need something to whack off too.
>>
>>12965754
yea why do joshipedos need to make 100+ cope threads when a old boomer tells them the truth?
>>
>>12965583
Impeachment obviously.
>>
>>12965752
As if WWE is better. Remember that manlet in NXT? Remember that joshiwho who’s ready to debut in NXT soon?
>>
>>12965621
What if I told you E-drones were the only ones who cared about hitting 1mil.
>>
File: 1611861495021.jpg (109 KB, 785x731)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>12965767
>>
>>12965791
There have been AEWtards who are just as autist about ratings as they are. The difference is they moved the goalposts to the demos.
>>
>>12965809
Why is the chart ranked by the demo?
>>
>>12965809
I don't see why people wait for ratings to come out to realize if they enjoyed a show or not.
>>
>>12965821
Demos don’t matter
>>
>>12965809
nice headcanon
>>
File: 23-50-25-1611458493321.png (118 KB, 800x996)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>12965583
Only smarks care about that kind of crap and smarks were already watching AEW to begin with so the numbers won't go up. You make a product for smarks only smarks will watch, one would think Tony Khan being a business man would know better but it seems like that dweeb money mark paki is plain retarded.
>>
>>12965829
demos = money
>>
>>12965821
Demos only matter for advertising purposes and enough advertising can influence who watches it and who doesn't. However, just because you are getting the demos doesn't automatically equate to a good show. I was enjoying AEW fine until the main event, where I stopped watching 1/4 in because it degenerated into bullshit.
>>
>>12965583
>What’s the scientific explanation for this?
Impeachment proceedings.
>>
>>12965829
Why is the chart ranked by the demo?

>>12965872
Wrong.
>>
>>12965851
I feel like in the internet age, "smarks" are really just "marks". Someone should dig into that more, cause I don't think casual fans (old school marks) still exist.

Either way, AEW really screwed the pooch on this one.
>>
>>12965828
Personally, the show was fine for the most part, until the main event. Last week there was only 1 segment and a women's match. Before that, I stopped watching for 4 weeks because they would do something incredibly stupid that made me stop watching (Marko Stunt, putting Brodie Lee's kid on TV, etc.). Hell, I hate Joey Janela like many people do and Darby Allin was enough to keep me invested in it.
>>
>>12965872
When you mean advertising purposes do you mean how the newtwork advertises the show or how much money the show makes form running adds. I know AEW somehow has a business model where PPVs aren't that important and i'm just kinda confused on how that's possible. The demo explanation might actually explain this.
>>
>>12965892
In what way am I wrong?
>>12965897
The classic fans either stop watching, rewatch their old classics or go onto podcast networks like Arcadian Vanguard or Ad Free Shows and listen to the people they like shoot about the good ol days.
>>
>>12965932
>Demos only matter for advertising purposes
That's wrong. AEW and WWE get their guaranteed money from their networks because of their performance in the demos. It doesn't "only matter for one thing", from a business perspective, it's all that matters. It's everything. If you don't like the show, you don't like the show, but pretending that number isn't important is ridiculous.
>>
>>12965922
A bit of both, but profit doesn't always equate quality. Hell, WWE is profitable right now and their shows are largely poorly written or booked except for a few segments
>>
>>12965950
And advertising helps in acquiring the performance in the demos. I will not deny the number isn't important, but people who focused on the demos lately have been equating it as a reflection to the quality of the show and making that assumption is just as ridiculous.
>>
>>12965950
Another factor to AEW's "success" is how much TNT is paying for it is nothing compared to what USA and Fox have to pay for WWE.
>>
>>12965616
>Honda Mitsubishi
fucking lol'd
>>
>>12965982
Anybody who does that is an idiot. It's a business metric, quality of the show is subjective and individual.

>>12965999
I mean, USA literally doesn't have a chance but to pay what they pay because they have nothing. What FOX is paying is....fine. Not great, but fine.
>>
>>12965583
>some pink haired manlet gook attacks Dean Ambrose
>shitty version of CM Puke's finisher that hits DEAN's forearm
>comedy sell afterwards
yeah no one's watching that shit
>>
>>12965583
It's literally just the trannies. That's the entire reason why AEW cannot get over. It hired a trans wrestler and used it for goodboy points. The average person would be embarassed to watch it for that fact alone regardless of match quality.
>>
>>12965583
Can someone tell me WHY oh WHY should I fucking give a flying fucking fuck about the ratings when I absolutely loved the show? Is there a reason why I should feel sad about the low ratings when I had a great time last night? Am I supposed to shit on the show or hide somewhere now that the ratings plummeted and the E-Autists are out for an online hunt?
>>
>>12966529
you can't help it if you have shit taste we understand
>>
>>12965662
luchadoras are really over with my dick and Mexican wrestling is fun to watch, so wouldn't be bad
>>
>>12966529
If you loved that episode you might genuinely be retarded. Did you cry when Lee Johnson finally got his big win or something? Are your standards so low that you somehow liked a 2/10 backstage brawl that was literally worse than the completely botched Roman/Owens match?
>>
>>12965616
This LMAO
>>
The actual money demo is now 18-34. They have been beaten by 50+ almost every week in 2020 and 2021.
>>
>>12965583
Still had the best rating of any other wrestling show that day.
>>
>>12966643
the main event was great
>>
Is this the hourly E-drone cope thread
>>
>>12965583
Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes unironically
>>
File: 1509325732883.png (397 KB, 914x766)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
>>12965641
>>
>>12968561
Rent free
>>
>>12965872
actual retard lmao. e-drones resorting to just making up their own headcanon about ratings.
>>
>>12965583
The show. Is not. Good.
>>
File: last.jpg (155 KB, 768x1024)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>12969344
>
>>
>>12966529
nice try. "Ratings" is the narrative you idiot AEW fans built up, and now yall realize how fucking retarded you look. This isn't how the monday night wars were. People just watched and had fun, there were no sides. You AEW fags tried to make yourselves a "side". You idiots started saying you like dumb shit just to be on a side. Like really dumb bullshit, and now you're trying to save face.
>>
>>12969344
Care to extrapolate as to why?
>>
>>12965851
This post right here.
>>
>>12965583
Wrestling is dead because no promotion knows hows to build a star, mostly because all the wrestlers are faggot bitches who dont ever wanna job, so its constant 50/50 booking to not hurt anyones feelings, then wonder why nobody draws a fuckin dime thats under 40 years old
>>
>>12969379
try not to be too obvious anon
>>
>>12970212
whatever tranny
>>
>>12970238
Good counter argument dipshit
>>
>>12965616
Bah gawd, it's Shinji Ikari Nakadashi. What's he doing in the Transitional Space?
>>
>>12965621
They'll just see whatever else was on TV and blame that. Sports, the news, 90s sitcom reruns, whatever. They don't call it All Excuses Wrestling for nothing.
>>
ITT: An AEWtist LARPing as an advertising executive. Imagine if they put this much effort into personal hygiene, exercise and finding employment
>>
>>12965662
>Rey and Eddie draws alot of latino audience
>Fantastica mania also draws with nips audience
This anon is on to something
>>
>>12965662
Good point anon. After these two invasion angles have flopped, a third is practically guaranteed to go well.
>>
anyway team mox

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.