[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 10034859505689686979.png (221 KB, 450x1688)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
Cornette bros... They're making fun of us again...
>>
Cornette is right you know
>>
>>12963060
jim is like that autistic kid in class who doesn't realize everyone else is making fun of him
>>
>>12963060
I like Maki and enjoy some of Jim's shit. These comments are fucking leprosy though.
>>
Joshipedos absolutely seething
>>
>>12963117
The only people making fun are the trannies who were loners in high school, I’m sure cornette isn’t losing sleep over bunch of favors calling him a cuck
>>
80% of the roster in AEW have jobs because they're friends with the "executive vice presidents"
>>
>>12963060
>can we discuss your issue with musojiny?
can we just stop using words altogether and communicate through flatulence?
>>
>>12963122
They so want their Asian fetishes to come true and it won’t happen in reality, so they gotta stan these joshi school girls
>>
>>12963060
>this chick has no idea what she started

Are cucknette cultists all like this?
>>
>>12963134
4 of the "executive vice presidents" are champions as well.
>>
>>12963145
what's with the they/them's obsession with a super right-wing country's culture? shouldn't they be cowering in fear of the mighty samurai?
>>
>>12963161
Darby is an EVP of AEW? News to me, you fucking retard.
>>
>>12963060
She probably doesn't even know who Cucknette is
>>
>>12963060
>Nobody cares about what Corny says
Even the Cult Of Cucknette is turning on him
>>
I honestly dont know what's more pathetic : joshipedos or twitter cornettefags.
On one hand, joshipedos are coomers and generally a sad sight to behold. They're bottom of the barrel in terms of waifufags but at least they're fickle and easy to make fun of. On the other hand, twitter cornettefags are fat nerds screeching about fake fighting and literally snitches to some failed booker so he can tell them what to think. They're the equivalent of that kid who'd bring up his big brother in a fight except his big brother is a 60yo cuck who's gonna call them names on his podcast.

Basically, what I'm saying, is that we are witnessing a retard fights.
>>
>>12963161
go back
>>
>>12963280
joshipedos

I know nobody watches wrestling anymore, but better let it die than pandering to chronic masturbatory weebs
>>
>>12963180
He should be, dude has a clue and had a good, serious match with Joey Janella without diving into a dumpster.
>>
>>12963170
Weebs are largely delusional autists that don't realize that actual Nips are disgusted by them.
>>12963280
I'd go with the joshipedos but it's pretty much a tossup. I like Corny and enjoy hearing him shit all over everything but the people that take him so seriously are just as cringe as the creepy weeaboo neckbeards.
>>
>>12963280
Besides like one or two people Joshi people mind their own business on here. I dunno about Twitter because I don't go there, but from screencaps the Cornette snitches are cringe.
>>
>>12963280
I think the answer is always joshipedos
>>
>>12963320
>Besides like one or two people Joshi people mind their own business on here
They flooded the fucking board with like 13 Cornette threads on one day when he shat on their masturbation material, they're fucking unhinged.
>>
>>12963350
This, We're not just talking about that fag Agua. Joshipedos are fucking cringe and there's no exception.
>>
>>12963060
Look at all the cornettefags who have to come here to bitch anonymously because they're too pussy to respond to people on twitter.
>>
>>12963161
And when they let other people be champion first everyone complained that The Elite were burying themselves
>>
File: 987159841899.png (229 KB, 598x409)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>12963060
Kek
>>
>>12963568
That says cuck not swinger. You have no idea what you started.
>>
>>12963568
BTFO
>>
>>12963280
>bottom of the barrel in terms of waifufags
>MANdy: exists
>>
>>12963579
Unless you're Hugh Hefner and get to fuck 10/10s while being married you're a cuck.
>>
>>12963180
oh, well 3 of their "executive vice presidents" are champions. the other's a nepotism baby who was champion and tackily had pyro and fireworks on a tribute show to a dead wrestler.
>>
>>12963285
where? reddit is aew country. i'm more of a foxy boxing guy.
>>
the funny thing is that corny's opinion on most things is worth less than dogshit after his fat fucking wife fucks other dudes while he watches. why would you give a shit about what he has to say about someone's looks?

it's like if 4chan posters started thinking they could critique if someone is autistic or not irl
>>
thanks i hate them both
>>
>>12963935
when it comes to wrestling, listen to him. he was there. booked, ran his own promotion, was involved with major companies. knows more about wrestling than fanboy dave and manlet bryan ever will.

when it comes to a person's looks, politics, or anything else. ignore the peter griffin-looking fuck.
>>
>>12964022
why the fuck would i listen to him when it comes to wrestling? he succeeded many years ago and has been proven wrong about modern wrestling time and time again since he's completely stuck in the past
>>
>>12963132
Bro you are defending a 59 year old man on the internet. Stop being cringe.
>>
>>12963159
Faggots? Yeah.
>>
>>12964022
JR said Cornette has great ideas for wrestling and good criticisms but that no promotion will ever work with him long because he can't stop sperging out on people. I think JR basically had a guaranteed job in AEW for Corny and Corny fucked it up by sperging at Khan.
>>
>>12964042
he hasn't been proven wrong about modern wrestling. aew can't hit a steady audience of 800k. wwe's popularity is at an all-time low.
>>
>>12964069
>mentions AEW out of nowhere
alright cool great talk cya later, have fun fucking corny's fat wife later
>>
>>12964022
What long-lasting effects has he had in wrestling? Like, what were his ideas in WWF in the 90’s that elevated the industry. I don’t even like Russo, but at least he contributed to wrestling’s growth (also had shitty ideas).
>>
>>12963060
I am curious. Can someone tell me why Cornette doesn't like AEW.

Haven't really listened to him since 2017. I tuned in to hear about wrestling not hear about muh evil orange hitler and how I only need a six shooter.

Brian "I'm a militant Jew" Last can get fucked tho.
>>
>>12964081
>also mentions wwe
why are you such needs?
>>
>>12964081
thank you for your concession
>>
>>12963280
joshifags
>>
>>12964085
Id answer you but sounds like youd shit on whatever answer I gave you just to shit on Jim anyway so fuck off
>>
>>12964108
I'd not shit on it if you would answer respectfully instead of reverting to a 13 year old saying their first swear words on the internet.
>>
>>12964121
The booking blows
None of the matches gets anyone over or gets heat
Kenny Omega because he wrestled a 9 year old and a blow up doll
Young Bucks because they book themselves to be dudes 3 times bigger than they are
The plethora of literal joke wreslers - Marko Stunt, Luchasaurus, Orange Cassidy, Sony Kiss, Joey Janella, etc etc
The abysmal fucking womens division
>>
>>12964162
So it's just his opinion then? Well all right. He has a right to his opinion. We all do.
>>
>>12964177
Of course its his opinion but the booking does suck, the wrestlers are fuckin green as goose shit, the womens division is horrible, and they do have too many joke jobbers playing real wrestlers
>>
>>12964204
Again. Those are your opinion. Now to be fair I have not been watching all that long so I don't really know about all of it. Since I only really have last night's show and their first show as a reference.

I thought Darby and Joey Janella did good. I liked Leyla and Rosa. I thought Kenny did good in the main event though I liked Moxy and Lance more.
>>
>>12964222
we know its that posters opinion, ardtard, he fucking posted it
>>
>>12964222
Trips confirm and what were featured on this week's episode had things going good. Everything except stretching this Sting and Darby feuding with Team Taz and we'll be stuck with this until Revolution.
>>
>>12964204
Wasn't it supposed to be "the alternative to WWE" as well?
>>
>>12964204
The wrestlers aren't going to get better unless they get experience and for the most part AEW has been doing better about using their more experienced hands on Dynamite excluding Top Flight who shouldn't be getting pushed right now but it's obvious the Bucks are in love with them.
>>
>>12964222
Okay well for instance Joey Janella hasnt done shit ever, hasnt won shit in ages if ever, then he faces Darby, a literal champion being managed by Sting of all people, and its not a 4 minute squash match, thats shit booking. A champion should not struggle with a literal jobber.

And also last week on KENTAS debut, he missed his GTW by a country mile, moxley sells it like he got shot in the face and the replayed it without even doing an alternate angle so you get to watch it miss by a literal foot each time they replayed it
>>
>>12964233
Pee pee poo poo.
>>
>>12964248
Sports based wrestling too yea, cant wait for the next wedding or las vegas party
>>12964257
Of course but some of these wrestlers have never wrestled in front of people before, and theyre being thrown on national TV, the Jade/Shaq shit for instance. Jade has not had a single match, shes literally being trained as we speak and this is supposed to be a big drawing match?
>>
>>12964246
Yeah Darby being in a body bag and getting dragged off like that was just odd. Why not just have Sting cut a promo?
>>
>>12964259
I see. Yeah that is bad if someone who hasn't won in forever or hasn't really shown to be competitive in forever goes toe to toe with a champion holder that just kind of brings the champ down a little.
>>
>>12964259
TNT is basically an openweight belt. They confirmed Darby is free to accept or deny any challenge thrown at him. Janela challenged so Darby agreed. It's not connected to the rankings the same way the other belts are supposed to be.
>>
Corney has never been successful
>>
>>12964416
I don't even like the guy and know that's a troll opinion to have. He was successful as hell when managing the Midnight Express.
>>
>>12963060
>engaging twitter trannies
there's your problem
>>
>>12964398
Im fine with it being an open challenge kinda belt but it shouldve been a 3 minute squash match to help put Darby over. If hes selling for Janella of all people, or struggling to put away a jobber, thats not putting a champion over.
>>
>>12964416
Yea thats why hes making 6 digits a year selling his shit out of his garage right? Let alone what he makes from his podcasts.
>>
>>12964745
Yeah, just all those "riots" he was a part of.
>>
>>12965167
>it's not a riot unless some black people film tiktoks of burning police stations while twerking!
t. slobmerican
>>
File: 1608001564501.jpg (85 KB, 542x402)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>12963568
OHNONONO
>>
>>12963060
cucks ethered
>>
>>12963161
huh what do you mean??
>>
>>12963340
that doesn't make sense
>>
>>12963060
Oh neat, Cornette seethe thread # 31 of the day.
>>
>>12963280
This. Joshi waifu fags are engaged in the worlds most pathetic feud with an actual cuckold, and everyone who used to enjoy this board is being punished for it.
>>
>>12963280
It really is the digital equivalent of watching two Down’s syndrome kids mud wrestle
>>
>>12963060
So wait, the woke crowd are now in favour of kink-shaming?
>>
>>12963439
The huge majority of responses seem to be from people who think both Cornette and Joshi fags are pathetic. It’s really a fued with no winners
>>
>>12963712
This is a surprisingly good take on the situation
>>
Whole lot of butthurt edrones pretending to be cuck supporters
>>
>>12964069
And NWA was a non-factor, exactly following Cornette's tastes to a T.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1611780996484.jpg (42 KB, 600x800)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>12964085
Spite. He hates Kenny cuz he no showed for corney during his roh run to go ddt. And Kenny did wrestle a blow up doll and a 9 year old, which Cornette sees as unforgivable business exposing bullshit. So he hates him forever and shit on everything he does always. And jim doesn't grasp Japanese culture, or that mma is a thing thats popular and people have seen, and doesn't understand why wrestling in a Japanese way to Japanese fans doesn't make all of his friends hate him.
He hates the young bucks for their flippy style that he feels exposes the business, and makes it trash that you can't suspend your disbelief to. He feels it should be taken more seriously than that and they disrespect what he loves. Ekther he doesn't get or just really disagrees with the fans that are aware that its fake and don't care and like it for the fake parts. Doesnt get the people who want real fighting aren't watching prowrestling because mma exists, and is popular.
He's aware of the state of wrestling, but feels that the aew stuff is only making it worse by catering more to those types of fans, and if the product was treated seriously, it would then make more fans.
He also doesn't get how much stupid bull shit McMahon has put on tv that lead us to where we are and the state of things. Maybe he's right. I really liked smokey mountain, so I know he can book a great show. It ran out of money cuz it tried starting during the dark ages of wrestling, but watching it 25 years after the fact was really fun.
However I think he's as spot on with his finger on the pulse as Bill Watts was during his second run
>>
File: 1610665764242.jpg (3.02 MB, 2400x1599)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
>>12966099
>E-drones
>PRETENDING to be cucks
>>
>>12966892
Did you really mean to type MMA in the first para? He's absolutely and obviously aware of MMA.

I think he really hates Omega because he did see potential in him, but instead Omega has insisted on going down the route he has. Cornette is right about the stupid faces, the punches, the bad acting, the fact the champion should not be in a competitive match with jobbers, etc.
>>
>>12964085
>Can someone tell me why Cornette doesn't like AEW.
Because they promised they were going to be sports-based wrestling. And they aren't. Even Cody has admitted they did not come through on that front.

So, in Corny's mind, they squandered a really unique opportunity to do something different from WWE. They have a billionaire backing them, they have primetime television, and they seemed to have the right idea before they launched - and then they launched and it was nothing like they promised.

It's also the reason why he doesn't shit on WWE as much - because WWE have never ever promised to be sports-based, so they can't disappoint him.
>>
>>12964069
you hit the nail on the head sir
>>
>>12964069
But he hasn't been proven right about his ideas being the solution to that
>>
>>12963095
Cornette is a gimmick. The moment this stops being a viable grift he'll be all apologies.
>>
>>12963308
100 percent agreed
>>
>>12966087
What did he say?
>>
>>12964085
I think the origin is mostly Kenny Omega and Tony Khan.
He hates Kenny with a passion since he wrestles a faster style. After that he found old indie matches of omega in front of 20 people fighting 12 year olds and since that day he promised himself to never say anything good about Kenny.
The other thing is Tony Khan contacted Cornette before AEW started. Jim asked who will book and Tony said he will do it himself.
Those are the sources of his hate. Now everything that he doesn't like in AEW makes him fucking seethe because it reminds him of these things.
>>
>>12970633
AEW is just a bad show.
>>
>>12964085

> Tony Khan

Supposedly, back in 2018, Khan approached Cornette with the idea of creating a serious Wrestling Promotion that would be different than the current WWE's product.

He even said in interviews - quoting, “To be straight-forward about something, something you’re going to notice more and more in our shows is they’re going to take place in and around the ring. Like, we’re not gonna go out of the arena, we’re not going to spend half the show backstage you know, in dressing rooms or backstage choreographed segments. I’m really interested in focusing on the matches, and there’s plenty of time outside the matches to focus on storyline advancement, to focus on the funny sketches. And we can do all that. Nobody does that comedy better than our guys. There’s nothing funnier in wrestling than [Being the Elite], but there’s a time and a place for it.”.

Cornette was excited about a 'billionaire' that is a fan of the wrestling territories era and to offer him an advisor job position. Like Jim Ross signed a deal to be a commentator and as a senior advisor. Cornette has declined the offer after Khan informed him who would be the EVP´s and who would be booking the show. A confidentiality legal document has been signed by both parties.

Cornette admited all of this on his podcasts. As that even he dislikes the booking and most of the wrestlers at AEW´s, he says it can be watchable sometimes compared to WWE´s current product.
>>
>>12963132
in other words twitter people
>The only people making fun are the trannies who were loners in high school
>>
>>12971259

> Kenny Omega

It all started when the two first met back in 2006 at Ring of Honor. Cornette said that Omega reminded him of the Ultimate Warrior (Cornette was/is not a fan of Warrior), but he figured that Omega was young and would continue to learn. Adam Pearce was booking Ring Of Honor then and he booked Kenny Omega for Final Battle in 2009.

Later, Omega emailed ROH saying that “I can’t be there at Final Battle. I’m injured.“ And sent a picture of his supposedly ankle/foot that as per Cornette it looked like he had gangrene. In the same week that he reported all of this, Omega worked in Japan that weekend.

Since then that Cornette has the opinion that Omega is a lying sack of shit that no-showed a booking under false pretenses instead of being honest. Besides the fact that Omega loves and wrestled DDT style with a sex doll and also a 9 year old girl.

> Young Bucks

More or less the same as Omega, since they were also at ROH and wrestled a 9 year old kid.

Recently they have been saying during interviews that Cornette would never work for AEW - as they would not allow it, ignoring the fact that is well known - even Jericho twitted about it - that Khan offered Cornette an advisor job position.
>>
>>12963095
He’s just a perpetually angry small dick guy.
>>
people just want to hear funny promos and listen to someone shit on modern wrestling
>>
>>12964083
He tries to take credit for a lot of stuff he didn’t actually book. As far as I can tell all he ever booked was that shit awful NWA invasion and the part of Kane’s debut where he ripped the door off the cage.
>>
>>12971404
he was somewhat responsible for lesnar, batista and I think orton? you could throw cena in there too, but he had been wrestling for UPW for a few years, I think
>>
>>12971282
Actually a decent retelling of events that left bias out of it, as far as I read, good job, but that's just the short version, there are many, many more reasons why he doesn't like these people and he explained it many times. I'm sure anyone that argues otherwise just wants to pretend Cornette hates them 'just because'.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.