[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

As mentioned earlier, despite many fans claiming him to be a visual rehashing of WWE's uber-popular Stone Cold Steve Austin, Goldberg still went on to be an absolute megastar in the wrestling industry. So, you just knew it was only a matter of time before a wrestling company tried to recapture 'Da Man's lightening in a bottle.

Sure enough, as soon as WWE's mountain of muscle Ryback began ploughing through his opponents on a weekly basis in 2012, fans immediately began to chant "GOOOOOOLDBERG!" back at the hulking force. Thankfully, he could still mark himself out as something visually different to his clear body-breaking inspiration, wearing an RVD-esque one-piece throughout much of his run.

However, when 'The Big Guy' dropped this attire for a pair of plain black trunks and boots, the claims of Ryback ripping off Goldberg's look and feel only grew louder. He'd eventually part ways with the company just before the WCW icon returned to WWE in 2016, robbing fans of a battle of the bald-headed forces of nature. But that still didn't stop the pair going back and forth in various interviews over the years, though.

https://whatculture.com/wwe/10-wrestlers-accused-of-stealing-another-wrestler-s-looks-2?page=10
>>
>>12961105
Great athletes both.
>>
File: 1588510233388.gif (3.89 MB, 200x200)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB GIF
>Rybitch's plagiarism
>>
I'm sure Goldberg never accused Ryback himself but "He stole my look" is possibly the gayest shit a professional wrestler can say.
>>
>>12961105
there's nothing you can do if you're big and bald.. he even tried to wear a RVD style gear lol
>>
File: 1601168568693.png (293 KB, 704x480)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>The Shield from Aces and Eights
>Liv Morgan from Alexa Bliss
>Bray and Seth from fucking Abraham Washington
So they'll acknowledge all of these absurdly incorrect comparisons but won't bring up how every indie shitter and their dog, especially the Bucks, copy HBK's look verbatim?
>>
>>12961138
based
>>
>>12961926
I think the Abraham Washington one was my favorite
> I thought about doing a religious gimmick at some point so Seth stole that. And the firefly funhouse ripped off my newscaster gimmick
>>
>>12961105
Why would Goldberg copy Rybacks look? He had it before
>>
File: ryback_on_oldberg.jpg (80 KB, 1085x847)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>12961105
Rychad knows he is better.
>>
Wait, Goldberg was the first bald guy to wear black Trunks?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.