[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why does WWE feels the need do some history revision surrounding HBGoat?
>>
>>12958031
They don't i started watching in 2007 and had absolutely no idea he was a legend, since WWE made sure to establish that Triple H was the ringleader of D-Generation X. They spent more time constantly propping up Edge as the greatest of all time on Smackdown back then, so Shawn was just treated like another guy
>>
>>12958063
The fact that WWE puts him on the top greatest wrestlers didn't set you off? Shawncel I swear.
>>
>>12958177
You forgot to change your IP before falseflagging you schizo. Also don't make threads if you don't want to hear the truth.
>>
>>12958198
I thought I was clear I was the same OP? Fucking nigger.
>>
>>12958177
how many hours per day are you preoccupied with HBK?
>>
>>12958226
You are quite literally obsessed with Shawn, why even bother making threads posed as questions if you just want to rant?
>>
File: deanchad.png (287 KB, 720x802)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
>>12958031
They don't. The IWC was much bigger 10 years ago and pretty much everyone thought he was the GOAT. I don't know if it's younger fans who started watching right before/after he retired but you don't hear it as much now. I guess it's due in part that what made him special has been copied bastardized by wrestlers for almost 20 years.
>>
>>12958277
First poster here, i didn't know the significance of him when he returned against Orton in 2007, same with the Chris Jericho return that year. I had no idea what their stature was. I was made aware Triple H was a legend, but they often downplayed the significance of Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan & other legends on Raw. For 2007 until his injury in 2008 they were shilling Edge hard as the future goat, but towards 2009 was when i noticed WWE pushing Shawn & Undertaker as the greatest of all time, mostly stemming from the Wrestlemania 25 match. After the Edge & Shawn retirement, they went fullblown with the Undertaker circlejerking, by the time Wrestlemania 32 rolled around and Undertaker lost again was when the praise ended up going to John Cena.
>>
>>12958325
the IWC has been on Shawn's dick since the mid-90's. At the time he had mind-blowing talent. Stellar ring work and charisma. WWE has been pushing him as a GOAT-tier legend since probably his first retirement.
>>
>>12958177
>The fact that one of the GOAT's put among the GOAT's is revisionism
I swear to god you fucking zoomers
>>
>>12958373
He's still great even by today's standards desu
>>
>>12958373
Michaels could've retired way after the Undertaker match, the guy was still on a good physique and the possibilities of newcomers having 8.5/10 matches with him are objectively high.
>>
>>12958385
if you put 90s shawn in todays wrestling he'd have done better than he did back then, by leaps and bounds. but you can probably say that about most 90s wrestlers.
>>
>>12958492
He would have been insane in AEW & NJPW, Modern WWE would have ruined him though

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.