[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Was Eddie’s wrestling ability as good as wrestlers & fans say or is revisionism because he died young?
>>
>>12958002
He was easily top 10 all-time IMO but he's talked up as being a top 3 guy because he did die young.
>>
When he wanted to go he's top 10 easily, probably top 5. There were times when he couldn't give a shit and looked sloppy/mediocre. He didn't have any semblance of a character or mic work until later. He's really good but yeah, his death was like the Cobain effect.
>>
>>12958002
>filename
Shawncel thread
>>
>>12958002
Angle said his heart gave him problems, so some nights he was god tier and other nights he couldn't do anything. In WCW he was smooth as fuck in the ring, he was basically a Mexican Shawn Michaels.
>>
>>12958072
Are you schizophrenic?
>>
>>12958098
Dude never give autists attention, hide their posts and ignore them.
>>
>>12958002
>Was [insert name]'s [skill they were known for] as good as [industry peers] & fans say or is revisionism because he died young
no and yes
>>
>>12958002
GOAT In-ring Charisma I would definetly say so
but GOAT overall? I wouldn't say so
>>
I cant think of a wrestler that had more than peak Eddie, the only thing he lacked was height.
>>
90s was when he was peak in athletic ability & in-ring ability
04 title reign was peak charisma. The Lie, Cheat & Steal gimmick was GOAT tier. He really had it all.
>>
>>12958089
>In WCW he was smooth as fuck in the ring, he was basically a Mexican Shawn Michaels.
I want to say he was better, WCW Eddie was GOAT but had to work his way to get there while Shawn did it naturally
>>
>>12958130
Do you answer all questions like this? How do you live your day to day life?
>>
>>12958258
no and better than you.
>>
guerrero in the 90's was dimes incarnate you dumb fuck
>>
This is pretty fucking great. I like how Heenan, Schiavone, and Tenay are putting both guys over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC8P3d0NsOc
>>
90s Eddie was incredible, but he struggled character wise

2002-2005 his workmate declined, but his character work and charisma was the best in the world. Unfortunately he was already dying slowly at that point
>>
>>12958002
He was shoot better than flair in all regards desu
>>
For me the proof of Eddie's abilities as far as character and charisma boils down to the fact that he was able to take "lie, cheat, and steal" which are obvious sneaky heel traits, and get them over as face. Yes he's not the first guy to get heel traits over, but he was the guy who didn't even use euthanisms like "playing the game" or "do whatcha gotta do". Hus character was 100% "I'm gonna do heel shit and you're gonna love me for it"
>>
>>12958072
Based Schizo
>>
Eddie was getting praised as GOAT caliber as early as the 90s
>>
>>12958379
>but he struggled character wise

Eyes that have never seen Nitro were behind this dumbass post
>>
>>12958297
based peak WCW
>>
yea he had a lot of kino ass matches how is this even a question?
>>
>>12958002
>Was Eddie’s wrestling ability as good as wrestlers & fans say
Legit top 10 easily. The man was working like a hoss in the 90s in every promotion you can think of. He just clicked so well. One of Lesnar & Cenas biggest regret in wrestling was not working with Eddie more. Both considered him top 5, with Cena calling Eddie the best in the ring
>>
Eddie could never draw, and he wasn’t over as a main eventer. So how could he be better than ric flair? If Eddie would have lived, and wrestled into his 50s, and stayed in great shape, and could keep up the same style, he would have eventually gotten over as a main eventer, and maybe drawn. But that’s the point, he couldn’t do that. He died trying to be a top level wrestler before he was 40. Batista was going to work a program with him right before he died, the pressure probably got to him.
>>
>>12959399
>and he wasn’t over

Nice headcanon Wolfcuc
>>
>>12958002
Eddie was fucking lazy. There’s a lot of revisionism about Eddie’s matches. His promos were usually great. Great character work. In ring, so so. Depended on the night. But he is infinitely better than Jericho, fuck him. Eddie was gay with Chris Benoit.
>>
>>12959399
Eddie was over, you stupid motherfucker. Did you watch the shows or read descriptions? If you watched it, you’d know you’re just talking shit. Why lie when the shows themselves (which are readily available) prove otherwise?
>>
>>12959418
He wasn’t over as a top guy
>>
>>12959424
Yes he was. Did you watch on mute? Are you hard of hearing?
>>
>>12958002
He wouldn't be able to hold a candle to the top 50 wrestlers right now, but during his prime in the mid/late 90's he was at the top when the wrestling was much worse than it is today.
>>
He was an absolute shitter in the wcw and that was all on him. He had a horrible look and his promos were shit. It wasnt until the wwe that he got his mic skills and look up to par with his wrestling skills but he was a druggie so he never became great

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.