[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Forbes’ Alfred Konuwa recently spoke with John Cena where he discussed a variety of topics including The Undertaker’s comments about how today’s wrestling is “a little soft.” Cena noted that the business has evolved over the years, and that he has been accused of ruining the business as well. He stated that he does not think “it’s soft I think it’s different.”

>“I guess I’ve viewed the WWE as a product outside of myself for a long time,” Cena said. “I guess that’s why I was so interested in the business side of it from very early on in my career. In that, I’ve seen it evolve, but I’ve also been called everything that’s ruined sports entertainment.

>“I could look at the economics of it and make an argument that between myself—and the large amount of folks that carried on the roster beyond the Attitude Era into the Ruthless Aggression Era and the Reality Era—the fans of the Attitude Era certainly looked at our product as not what they’re used to, but it wasn’t. So I may have a bit of disagreement with Undertaker’s word choice, because I don’t think it’s soft I think it’s different.”

Cena recalled Steve Austin coming back to the PG era and having to adapt to a different situation. Cena noted that Austin is such a great performer that he could eventually get used to the different style and thrive in a different era.

>“I remember one of the first time Steve Austin came back during the height of the PG era, and he was just befuddled,” Cena recalled. “Because Steve Austin goes out there and runs it. And if he gets stuck he can curse, he can throw up some middle fingers, he can ask for a beer…but we took away three of the biggest clubs that he can hit with and told him to go out there and be himself. And he came back shaking his head and said ‘I don’t know how you do this!’ But if he had enough time, he’s a great performer, he could get used to it.”

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/02/john-cena-responds-to-the-undertaker-calling-the-wwe-product-soft/
>>
I’ve always wanted to blow John Cena. Not in a gay way. Just one guy to another, letting him know I appreciate all he’s done for the business.
>>
>>12951233

>Alfred Konuwa

I hate that big nasty piece of shit like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>12951242
Same
>>
>>12951242
>letting him know I appreciate all he’s done for the business
Killing it?
>>
>different
just another way to say it's shit
>>
>>12951242
>Cena kids are now old enough to use the internet
>>
>>12951233
Cena is a good guy. And that comment about Austin sums up how limited these modern day WWE stars are.
>>
>>12951233
It's objectively softer. I'm not one of those retards that thinks the WWE should just go back to the Attitude Era, but the company absolutely will not take chances now. This is the same company that was going to put OJ Simpson in a match at Wrestlemania XII, and now they're kowtowing to stockholders and troglodytes on social media.
>>
>>12951233
>>“I remember one of the first time Steve Austin came back during the height of the PG era, and he was just befuddled,” Cena recalled. “Because Steve Austin goes out there and runs it. And if he gets stuck he can curse, he can throw up some middle fingers, he can ask for a beer…but we took away three of the biggest clubs that he can hit with and told him to go out there and be himself. And he came back shaking his head and said ‘I don’t know how you do this!’ But if he had enough time, he’s a great performer, he could get used to it.”
This is all thats needed to be said about how modern WWE sucks.
>>
>>12951233
>and the Reality Era
Is this what the hell we're in now is called? What happened to the PG era?
>>
>>12951340
>wrestles have to actually earn a pop is bad
>>
>>12951407
Cena didn’t say that though.
>>
>>12951423
he didnt but the anon did
>>
>>12951407
>a pop isn't earned unless I say it is

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.