[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What were they thinking?
>>
>>12944054
>What were they thinking?
They weren't and that was the problem.
>>
>>12944054
>damn, BBDWTOS
>>
>>12944054
Just because the Rock is over, they wanted to make Roman over as well but then again, even the Rock couldn't save the nuclear go away heat Roman had in those years.
>>
>>12944054
fuck /woo/
>>
>>12944054
>we'll tell you what the fuck to like and you'll fucking like it you fat stupid smarks
>>
>>12944054
Rock was so fucking embarrassed by this
>>
They were thinking "You don't like what you like, you like what we like".
>>
>>12944054
I remember it like it was yesterday. What a horrible decision.
>>
>>12944054
wow I was thinking about this earlier, op you read my mind. This moment proved The Rock didn't watch hasn't been watching WWE for a long time. If he did he sure as hell wouldnt have done it. He didn't make the same mistake when he came back to team up with Becko and crap in Corbin. For the Smackdown launch on FOX.
>>
Creative
>people like the rock, so they have to cheer roman now
Roman
>ahh yessir
Rock
>im so glad i left this business
>>
>>12944054
>fans cheered roman at the rumble the year before because they're marks and knew batista was going over
>fans booed roman at this rumble because they kew he was going over
smarks, man. they're fucking poison.
>>
>>12946825
That isn't even hypocritical you stupid drone
>>
that weird period where he wore blue contacts, still a weird decision to me
>>
>>12946825
>fans know who is going over, but prefer the other guy so they boo him
>fans know who is going over, but prefer the other guy so they boo him
>>
Reminder that Romans go away heat was created by punk on the colt cabana podcast. Smarks are such marks.
>>
>>12947466
>honky it up, coconut
>>
>>12944802
nah that cancer faking faggot deserved this reception
>>
>>12947483
nah you are
>>
>>12947483
>if it wasn't for that mean CM Punk

pathetic
>>
>>12947484
yeah, it was so blatantly not natural either, he looks a lot better with his natural eyes imo, i want to say they even tried a gray color contact at one point
>>
>>12944054
>people like Rock
>people don't like Roman
>if Rock gives Roman the torch they will like Roman because he is the new Rock
>"Vince thats not how it works"
>I MADE THE ROCK I KNOW HOW HE WORKS
>>
>>12946825
Let's ignore the months before this when he was getting booed to hell aimrite? Fucking Stamford wives man...
>>
File: 1609977104304.jpg (62 KB, 409x525)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
2014-2015-2016 were some of the most fun years in WWE for all the wrong reasons. The continuous fights between WWE fans and Vince was fucking embarrassing to watch.
>>
>>12944054
Roman was be the future biggest star... they were right
>>
>>12948057
based pajeet
>>
File: WHOSNEXT.png (319 KB, 821x308)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>12944054
>>
>>12945883
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxlS15DmJEM
he's legitimately seething here
>>
>>12948100
Mr Phoenix
>>
>>12948105
>I need to take a moment to heal. I'm busted up. I'm bleedin' everywhere.

What a bitch
>>
>>12948057
>title reign with 0 attendance
>>
>>12946825
They werent cheering for roman, they were cheering for anyone but batista
>>
>>12944054
It's still hilarious. Rock was allegedly furious that they brought him back for that shit. He did not expect that shit and he hadn't watched for a while so didn't think Roman was doing bad. He should've realized how odd it was for him to come back at a Rumble, just to raise the other guys' hand at the end.
>>
>>12946825
They were cheering for NOT BATISTA.
They were already pissed that they didn't have Bryan win and wasted 30 on fucking Mysterio.
XXX's build up was a shit show legit until Punk left and they were forced to put Bryan in both matches to make up for the void. HHH needed a match that night. Punk leaving legit was the best thing that happened to Bryan.
>>
>>12947483
now Punk and Colt shit on and sue each other
>>
>>12947483
He was already getting booed when he feuded with Orton in the Summer.
Punk's stuff came out Thanksgiving.
Ambrose vs Rollins was a heated feud and actually good, so people preferred those two.
>>
>>12947602
>>12949231
This seems like a revisionist history cope.
>>
>>12949274
I was watching when it happened.
>>
>>12949274
It's true anon. Watch the matches with Orton & Rollins during Summer. His reactions are getting mixed-at-best.
>>
>>12949301
So was I. My ears were clean.
>>
>>12944054
>Heeey Rocky, how're ya doin' pal? Me? Good, good. Yeah, listen, Rumble's coming up in two weeks in Pittsburgh and couldn't help but notice on Instagram you're in town filming a bi-... yeah, would you mind showing face? Haven't been keeping up lately? We're running with Roman, yeah, keeping the samoan dynasty alive pal! Young kid, good look, promo, worker, very over with the fans. You making an appearance will get him over the line, I'm sure of it and then we'll have our next big star! See you in two weeks pal.
>>
>>12949311
You're supposed to take the Q-tips out after cleaning
>>
>>12949333
Roman was still getting loud pops then though. Wasnt until December when they became mixed to negative.
>>
>>12949345
They were mixed, and you're ignoring how horribly they booked him when he came back. This was when he did that terrible BEANSTALK promo. And people realized they were trying desperately to turn him into The Rock/Cena clone.
>>
>>12949369
I swear I'm not trying to bullshit and white knight Roman but summer felt like the last time he was over as a face. The winning the Slammy award, The Beanstalk shit, and the Punk podcast all sealed the deal.
>>
>>12949345
Rewatch the SummerSlam match and the Rollins on RAW match then come back. You're objectively wrong. Poochie was losing steam fast.
>>
He was booed at Survivor Series.
>>
>>12949404
>Poochie
Do you post in a lot of Roman-related threads?
>>
>>12949427
Do you get triggered by nicknames?
>>
>>12949437
Do you feel found out when people recognize obvious posting styles?
>>
>>12949447
I didn't come up with the nickname loooool
>>
>>12949458
(You) ever come up with any nicknames?
>>
>>12949467
Nah but I might call (You) an obsessed bitch lol
>>
>>12949483
(You) sizzlin?
>>
They didn't expect the audience to become full blown søýbrains who would side with a mediocre manlet over The Rock
>>
>we want to solidify a futuer GOAT, dime drawing legend who will always be over and always be the guy whilst working the obese seething smarks
And they succeeded.
>>
>>12949487
nah you are

>>12949488
Based wordfilter going over this jabroni

Rock put over Bryan the previous year

>>12949489
Oh he's a "futuer" dime-drawing legend all right kek
>>
>>12949529
no but you are lmao
>>
>>12949529
>e-Drone multi-response poster
Holy shit bro you still post here?
>>
Fans knew they were forcing Roman onto them. Fans knew he was winning. The match was bad and all of the favourites looked like chumps. Roman was far from ready regardless of all of that so didn't connect or get over in the months before. Plus, they had Bryan announce his return to the ring and entry into the Rumble about a week or two before the show.

I've posted this a lot but here is what they should have done

>Bryan wins the Rumble and goes to face Brock at Mania
>Rusev starts a feud with Roman
>Come Mania
>Rusev v Roman, US Title match
>Roman wins, MURRICA FUCK YEAH shit but mainly gives Roman a test run as a singles babyface
>Cena does the IC ladder match, wins the one belt that has eluded him
>Can still do the open challenge anyway
>Bryan faces Brock in the main
>Either Bryan wins or Seth cashes in
>If Bryan wins, he can have a good run but probably get hurt soon after like he did anyway
>If that happens, just have Seth cash in and end his career for heat
>Or have Seth cash in at Mania, hijacking the great match and Bryan's white hot comeback
>>
>>12949219
Punk cried during the trial kek
>>
>>12948367
They were saying Boo-tista.
>>
>>12949637
To be fair though, Bryan was still fucked up and ended up retiring not so long after so who knows if he would have still been around for all that.
>>
>>12948367
>>12949218
I was saying Boo-tista...
>>
>>12946825
Roman was in the shield in 2014 and most of the smark and casual problem with roman happened after the shield split, e-drope
>>
>>12949637
you have no clue what you are talking about

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.