[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Chael_Sonnen.jpg (67 KB, 687x841)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
UFC fighters are starting to get gimmicks and they are unironically better than the wrestling ones because people believe them.

Henry "The Messenger" Cejudo
>The King Of Cringe
>Olympic Gold medalist and will never stfu about it
Colby Covington
>Was told by the UFC he would be cut for having a boring style despite the fact that he was constantly winning (that actually happened)
>Decides to turn into an obnoxious Trump supporter and everything foreign countries hates about America
>Literally asked Kurt Angle if he could use his intro
Cheal Sonnen
>retired but legit a better promo than 95% of the entire wrestling industry
Sean O'Malley
>Arrogant knockout artist who has an "undefeated mindset"
Isreal Adasanya
>Anime nerd who became a UFC champion
Conor McGregor
>no explanation needed

They are actually working people. People deadass think Colby Covington acts that way. Fucking Trump actually came to his fight and he calls him on TV when he wins.
>>
>>12939645
UFC gimmicks are the old school wrestling gimmicks where you were a more exaggerated version of yourself. That's why they're working people because instead of putting on makeup and pretending to be a zombie with a demon brother, Colby just tunes his political views up to 10 which while a gimmick, is at least realistic.
>>
>>12939645
>People deadass think
>>
>>12939645
>starting to get
is it 90s now or what
>>
>>12939765
This
>>
wrestlers should adapt using different themes for different matches/big matches
>>
>>12939645
yeah UFC has the advantage of not having their own Memeltzer ruining the sport for everyone
>>
>>12939777
this
>>
>>12939645
Fuck off, Dana
>>
>>12940639
Is Ariel Helwani the Meltzer of MMA?
>>
Sonnen and McGregor are the only ones who drew dimes with their gimmicks.
>>
>>12940758
Ariel Helwani is Meltzer and Tony Khan mixed together
>>
>>12939645
I remember Cornette talking about this years ago. Heh now that I think about it I even remember when he said "Now if you can bet on it in Vegas don't think it's all real"
>>
>>12939645
Why has he never did any pro wrestling?
>>
>>12940979
now I cant unsee it
>>
>>12939645
So will Dana White start rewarding good gimmicks? Could we be witnessing the start of a feedback loop?
>>12941005
Kek based, carnies are truly the oldest profession
>>
>>12939645
That's been happening since forever, faggot.

>Muhammad Ali - cocky shit talker who could back it up, then "black power" muslim
>Jerry Quarry - the opposite of Ali, white and proud
>Tyson - psycho retard who could kill you
>Mayweather - rich as fuck guy who thinks he's too pretty to get hit in the face
>Tank Abbot - fat drunk bar fighter
>Gracies - legendary family that invented jiu jitsu
>Khabib - silent, devout muslim who praises allah through fighting
>>
pure violins meng
>>
>>12939645
It makes me think about how smarks will say that kayfabe doesn't matter and shit like that, but people really are complete marks. Look at the MMA hardcore fans. They still all get worked by this shit, even when they know it's a gimmick.
>>
>>12939645
>deadass
oof
>>
>>12943689
MMA fans are shoot dumber than wrestling fans
>>
>>12943689
kayfabe doesn't matter when everybody knows your semen slurpin' sport is fake. the reason it works in mma is because the fights are real so there's actually tension in rooting for one guy over the other. bookerman can't guarantee his golden boy or the babyface is going over
>>
>>12943754
Wrestling fans think they're smart by reading dirtsheets that are written by complete marks. I'd say they're about the same intelligence.
>>
>>12943732
I seriously have no idea where this came from besides obviously Twitter. Its like Americans thought they needed to put 'ass' into every word or something.
>>
>>12940758
Not even close, Ariel doesn't even like MMA he will move onto NBA if he ever gets offered a gig. Meltzer is the Meltzer of MMA but guys like Jeremy Botter, Jonathan Snowden, and Luke Thomas come pretty close
>>
>>12943766
>because the fights are real

KWAB
>>
>>12943872
>Luke Thomas
Meltzer isn't nearly as big of a fucking faggot as Luke Thomas is. Though spending several hours defending AEW on Twitter is starting to make him that way, I think.
>>
>>12943766
You say that like wrestling fans aren't heavily invested in the matches, threatening to finally quit watching and screaming "burial" when their darling doesn't go over in a match.
>>
>>12940758
Joe Rogan is easily the meltzer, mmacuckmumity parrots his opinion like crazy
>>
>>12939645
Based UFC drawing dimes
>>
File: CovMas2-e1601998438416.jpg (280 KB, 634x619)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
whos the Jannety?
>>
>>12944103
One of them actually dragged Usman to an exciting fight.
>>
>>12939645
bump
>>
>>12944111
trips of truth

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.