[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

There is no draws beyond "the brand" and the upper card. Randy Savage is easily one of the biggest stars of his era. While he did work with Hogan, the best work he did and his big career matches were intense upper midcard feuds with the likes of Tito Santana and Ricky Steamboat over the intercontinental title, a belt which hasn't been relevant since....

The second example of my point. Remember how fucking excellent the 1999-2000 pushes of Angle, Benoit and Jericho feuding over the two belts? That's the last time that comes to mind for me where they treated these other belts like they weren't disposable.

What do y'all think? Do you agree that the issue is the WWE has no midcard and therefore no future stars?
>>
>>12936749
I agree fully. Look at how the attitude era handled the damn lower card and mid card. Everyone was over because they had something to do, and they let the wrestlers have some creative freedom. Ruthless aggression era, aka Smackdown 6, was fantastic as well as Lesnar Angle etc. consistent money matches & promos every week. Now, everyone is too pussy to say anything, so the wrestlers don’t do much. It’s either the top card, and everyone’s a joke, or the champ gets away with so many DQ losses to the point that it’s boring to watch them win knowing they will just cheat to get a win. It’s all so tiresome
>>
>>12936749
Not even the upper card matters anymore it’s just the brand.
>>
>>12936795
Thanks to HHH/Stephanie
>>
>>12936798
Care to extrapolate?
>>
>>12936795
Pretty much this, and even then that’s losing a lot of people. Bad Bunny is the highest selling merch mover in WWE in 2021 and he’s consistently getting them a ton of views and likes, which according to Vince & the shareholders, are the most important things right now.
>>
T>here is no draws

Well so far you're on track regarding WWE

>>12936798
You mean Vince
>>
>>12936807
They took over the company from Vince secretly in 2005.
>>12936819
Nah I mean HHH and Stephanie. Stephanie especially since she loves that corporate shit and wants to portray herself as this humanitarian

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.