[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: chamber.jpg (50 KB, 494x330)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Opinions on the elimination chamber as a match?
>>
>>12935153
Absolutely fucking based concept that hasn’t been good since 2005 because WWE is terrible.
>>
>>12935153
it's the shits like everything in a cage, including triple h
>>
I remember being absolutely hyped for Summerslam 2004.

Now that they have these dumb themed pay per views, I can't be bothered to care much because you know it's coming.
>>
>>12935153
My favourite gimmick match
>>
>>12935153
Never been a huge fan, always felt like the jannetty to HIAC
>>
>>12935173
This, literally no hype around any of them. 'oh shit, it's Elimination Chamber next up, let's have a two week build and a thrown together match with no heat this year, just like how we've done it for the past decade '
>>
>>12935153
Went from a good way to blow off multiple angles simultaneously and cross promote angles into just more guaranteed content creation.
>>
The first one is the last good one.
>>
>>12935454
Nah Goldberg running through everyone in 2003 was the greatest final boss moment in wrestling history imo. Shame Paul had to ruin it like he ruins everything.
>>
>>12935153
I dig it, too bad WWE is filled to the brim with shitters
>>
>>12935153
Always liked EC and MitB. But, they both depend greatly on how you feel about the guys in the match, so if you don't feel strongly about most the people in the match it's hard to give a fuk about the entire match, and it works against guys where even if they have a good match people dont really enjoy it because of the way the gimmick relies on the reaction to the group.
>>
Amazing concept of a match.
Completely ruined by being right before Mania when the big matches are already set and there being absolutely zero excitement and anticipation over title changes.
>>
It's been around for fucking ever and there's only a handful of good ones. There's never been a classic one either except arguably the first one.
>>
>>12935153
They need to remove all the padding and make it more edgier. Use some spikes and shit make it look like something out of Mordor
>>
>>12935153
I liked when mark calloway got burned to a crisp
>>
>>12935474
A literal Gilberg entrance is better than anything that self parody has ever done. He didn't draw shit. He lost the Monday Night Wars cause they had to push this boring Jew who should be doing accounting somewhere or selling diamonds in upstate. Fuck
>>
>>12935153
based match type but the new version of the cage fucking sucks
>>
>>12935157
This. Turned to utter shit like every other gimmick match in WWE that got its own PPV because they decided to suck the fun out of everything and couldn't invent new, cool PPV names or had to change perfectly reasonable ones.

>I WANT YOU, INSIDE... HELL...IN A CELL!
>Actually no, we don't do that until October so you'll have to wait :)
>>
>>12935153
Great concept but it's been shit since WWE took it off Survivor Series. Giving EC, Hell in a Cell and Money in the bank its own PPVs was a mistake
>>
>>12936121
>>12936180
This. What's next? Steel Cage? First Blood? Iron Man? Fuck
>>
>>12936196
Well they already did Fatal Four Way, kek

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.