[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 0GxyjS4[1].jpg (91 KB, 843x960)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
what's the difference between a good gimmick and a bad one?

if you can't explain that then all you have are opinions, not facts. feels, not reals.
>>
>>12143316
I think that there's nothing objective about it. It's whatever gets over with an audience. I think it has the following stipulations though:
ALRIGHT IM GONNA MARK OUT WATCH ME GUYS OMEGALUL
> If a character is a face and their gimmick gets them booed, it's a bad gimmick
> If a character is a heel and their gimmick gets them cheered, it's still a good gimmick: don't change it, just keep it the way it is. Don't turn them face, let the transition happen naturally. The List of Jericho was a great gimmick. Late 90s The Rock was a great gimmick. SCU was a great gimmick.
> A great gimmick is one that people can anticipate having chemistry with multiple characters, not just one.
> The best gimmicks are ones that can be both face and heel without changing at all because that allows for the most dynamic storytelling and usage of a character. Velveteen Dream has an amazing gimmick because his intentions are always "I am doing this because I want the spotlight, everything I do is for attention". That is a character motivation that can be both heel and face depending on the matchup. You're just as inclined to boo Velveteen as you are to cheer him: it all depends on *who* he's annoying.
>>
>>12143316
Go suck some more cock and continue watching GAYEW ya faggot.
>>
>>12143583
Definitely best point made is the 4th one. Ric Flair is a guy who on one week in 1999 could be the most despicable heel as President in WCW, and in a single promo in April 19th against Piper can suddenly win over a Florida crowd. Nothing had to change about who Flair was: he was the limousine riding, jet flying, woooo son of a gun, and the dirtiest player in the game, and you could either love that or hate that.
>>
File: machoman.jpg (69 KB, 800x533)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>12143316
Memorable personality with easily definable goals.
>>
>>12143612
agreed
>>
>>12143316
Based
>>
>>12143316
LMAO
>>
>>12143583
>ALRIGHT IM GONNA MARK OUT WATCH ME GUYS OMEGALUL
Holy reddit the post would have been fine without this
>>
>do you even ufc
>no we kfc

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.