[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What the fuck was it's problem?
>>
>>11053346
NXT went to shit after Dusty died. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>11053346
>focus on smaller more intimate crowds
>get rid of crowds
lol no I'm just kidding it went to shit way before covid
>>
Kick out of finishers every week.
>>
It was NEVER good
>>
File: 1596074112509.jpg (29 KB, 642x361)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>11053346
NXT's biggest mistake was going head-to-head with AEW. NXT, at one point, was the hottest, coolest brand in all of American wrestling. If NXT was on Tuesdays or Thursdays, you could argue it would still be held in high regard. When viewers can very easily compare AEW and NXT side-by-side by flipping the channels, AEW looks like a significantly cooler and hotter product than NXT and this is further emphasized by Jericho calling himself the "Demo God" and making fun of NXT's viewers, who are on average, 57 years old.

More and more people online are learning that NXT is for old people and many would-be NXT fans are starting to distance themselves from the product because of it. NO ONE (No young person) wants to tune into a show that's being watched exclusively by 60 year olds while Mauro Ranallo is making hip hop and Marvel references on commentary and it all seems forced as fuck compared to AEW. NXT only has Triple H and Vince to blame, the wrestlers are put in a tough position and it really isn't their fault, Vince and Hunter are just completely obsessed with AEW and it ended up costing them their most universally beloved brand.
>>
>>11053374
Gargantuan vs 100 souls
>>
>>11053409
I hate JR but Mauro is so fucking bad. I dont understand why he is regarded as one of the best
>>
>>11053374
Tag division got a lot better for a year or so

>>11053409
NXT should've taken the old Smackdown timeslot
>>
>>11053597
He sounds corny as hell to me.
>>
After years of hyping it up as the future and as better than the main roster, Smarks moved on to the next shiny thing in AEW
>>
>>11053597
because he works in real sports
>>
>>11053346
>went live
>became more like ram and smack as a result
>people turn on it
it's that simple
>>
>>11053859
Simping for real sports has never, in the history of wrestling, helped wrestling. I don't understand why or how people who have made their fortunes in the business can still be this insecure about it.
>>
>>11053374
it went to shit after Ryan Ward was gone. they lost their actual writer who was talented. he was the only thing keeping the show from mostly being random matches
>>
Around the first wargames is when I started to stop watching the weeky show unless I heard something stand out happened
>>
>>11053409
This. Vince could'nt allow his contain his ego. He just had to try and stop AEW from growing and devalue NXT. Now they are hotshotting big time. So it feels like what you watch 2 weeks ago is worthless but now
>>
>>11053346
Karrion Kross is the future
>>
Nothing the show is fine everyone is /asp/ worked into a shoot over nothing.
>>
>>11053374
Dusty fucking sucked pal
>>
Completely full of retard midget shitters and fat pieces of shit. Not a single good body ever came out of NXTiny
>>
>>11053409
Dude Jericho is 49. He has no right to call anyone old.
>>
>>11055951
The future Marc Mero? I agree.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.