[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 90 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

>chonk edition
cont. from >>4384859
This thread is dedicated to all animals of the reptilia and amphibia classes. Topics include, but are not limited to: geckos, snakes of all kinds, frogs, salamanders, newts, turtles, tortoises, and much more. Before asking a question, do a search on the internet to see if it has been answered
Classifieds for finding breeders and products:
>morphmarket.com
>kingsnake.com
>faunaclassifieds.com
>reptilescanada.com (Canadian breeders)
>caudata.org
Most forums will have a "for sale" section on them, so look for that, especially if you have a specific herp you want. Craigslist can also be a good source for cheap aquariums, and make sure to check for any reptile expos that occur in your area.

When asking a question, make sure to include these details:
>Type and size of animal
>Enclosure dimensions
>Humidity and temperature
>Type of substrate
>The decor you use
>How often you feed
>The type of food you use
>If your animal is wild caught or captive bred
>How often you handle
>Who you bought the animal from

Other Helpful Resources
www.blackjungleterrariumsupply.com
www.joshsfrogs.com
http://www.reptilesmagazine.com
http://www.anapsid.org
http://www.hylid.clara.co.uk/caer.htm
https://www.americanmadeexotics.com/breeding-ball-pythons-article.html
http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatreptileblog/
>>
why the obese lizard
>>
>>4406682
it's not a lizard it's a pic of yo mama
>>
>>4406661
There once was a lizard so plump,
He ate and ate till he jumped,
He grew so big and round,
He couldn't move off the ground,
Now he just sits there like a stump.
>>
Ackie monitor
He came from Australia
To eat all your food
>>
File: 1531420129640.jpg (34 KB, 648x484)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>4406682
American website
>>
File: 20221209_132503.jpg (3.95 MB, 4032x3024)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB JPG
My ackie
>>
File: 20220814_135522.jpg (3.87 MB, 4032x3024)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB JPG
Here he is at 4 months old
>>
>>4407733
>>4407735
the king of herps. they are just perfect
>>
>>4407142
Is that Rob from NERD? He hosts a pretty good podcast called Reptile Talk. Check it out if you haven’t yet.
>>
File: Screenshot (405).png (85 KB, 421x219)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
Can anyone identify these two species?
>>4407733
>>4407735
Lovely little guy, What size enclosure are you giving em right now?
>>
>>4407763
> Can anyone identify these two species?
Left Beauty rat snake and right rosy boa. I’m about 90% sure of it.
>>
>>4407771
i concur, beauty rat and rosy boa for sure.
>>
File: Garden_skink.jpg (84 KB, 1280x854)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
I found a Common Garden Skink in my front yard this morning.
He was dangling upside-down from a string of web maybe a meter long.
I took him inside and gave him a little wash, to get off the webbing. Dried grass and a bit of feather was stuck to him.
He was very squirmy the whole time. When I let him go back outside, his tail had come off, and his back left leg wasn't moving when he scurried away.
I hope he'll be okay. If he does pass, I'm sure it'd be way better than to a spider.
>>
>>4407735
Fucking adorable, i cant express in words how much i adore him just from seeing a single picture.
>>4407774
Hats off to you my friend
>>
>>4407763
Tank is 5.5' x 2.5' and about 4' tall with about 1' of digging room. I put it on wheels and the size was limited by the doorways I had to wheel it through.
>>
File: EbcBKYNXsAA9fUs.jpg_large.jpg (1.39 MB, 1517x1517)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>4407771
>>4407772
Thank you guys, Now I have a black mamba look alike idea
>>
How come breeders only ever breed for new colors instead of other features like size? No way there isn't a market for stuff like giant hognoses.
>>
>>4408332
Not as popular a thing to do and normally depends more on nutrition then genetics.
>>
File: 20230113_140726.jpg (1.26 MB, 3068x2454)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>sudden tortoise owner here
Can I use crushed up egg shells for this goobers calcium? I'm planning microwave the shells for a minute or two before crushing into a fine grain, when I'm gonna feed him
>>
>>4408332
>instead of other features like size?
This is exactly what dwarf retic breeders do
>>
>>4408332
It's lot more time consuming to select for size as you would need to wait for whatever animal you're breeding to finish growing, and size itself is dependent on a lot of different factors besides strictly genetics as well. There's things like supergiant leopard geckos so people are trying to breed for features other than colors, but they're not very common and fairly expensive
>>
>>4408359
Eggshells work but they aren't ideal. Better try to get some cuttlebone.
Also you'll want some real good lighting and large enclosure.
>>
>>4408366
Are they trying to get them smaller? I know "dwarf" is not a gene, they're island races
>>
>>4408206
Shit now that you mention it they do look like a mamba. Between these and those king cobra lookalikes do rat snakes just have something for everyone who likes venomous snakes but doesn’t want to die
>>
They're joking right? This has to be ironic
>>
>>4408628
There is no such thing a morph without value, so please buy my morphs
>>
File: senk.png (1.75 MB, 863x1081)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>
File: original.jpg (1.21 MB, 1280x960)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
Holy what a chad!
>>
File: Nippon King Rat SNAKE.png (2.71 MB, 1959x627)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB PNG
I'm so fucking mad, Why? Why ruin it?
>>
>>4408628
Fuck I hate morph people
>>
File: pocket.jpg (1.4 MB, 2368x2649)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>
>>4408604
Texas indigo is probably closest colubrid to king cobra in looks, due to color. All the cribos have those big defined facial scales that are so iconic to king cobras.
Same ecological niche too, they just do it with jaw muscle rather than venom. Drymarchons are the gigachads of the snake world.
>>
>>4409403
literal forest lords
>>
>>4409403
Indigos and King Cobras look nothing alike at all.
>>
>>4409476
He'll forget about it by tomorrow
>>
>>4409403
King rat snakes look more like king cobras, indigos are definitely cobra like but definitely aren’t the right colour for a king cobra lookalike
>>
My first lizard just died, she had a long life but not still on the lower end of "old".

How do you deal with it? I'm so lost without her.
>>
File: 20230114_122031.jpg (2.25 MB, 4032x1816)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
I went to pick up my blood python today and he wasn't too happy about that. He started musking and eventually dropped a urate log. I have had him for a little over a year now and he's only pooped once and that was 7 or 8 months ago.

>>4408756
I wouldn't mind morphs if it wasn't for the absolutely atrocious breeding programs out there and the buyers who support that shit
>>
>>4406661
the fuck is this fat lizard?
>>
>>4409854
>How do you deal with it? I'm so lost without her.
Press F to pay respects and get a new one.
Or get a turtle/tortoise that will outlive you.

>>4409863
Looks like a fat Ackie monitor to me.
>>
>>4409858
>he wasn't too happy about tha
>musked
Not
>bit the fuck out of me a dozen times
Seems like a win
>>
>>4409858
>he's only pooped once and that was 7 or 8 months ago.
cold snek
>>
File: 1587161263540.png (386 KB, 748x446)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
>>4406661
>>
>>4410207
Bloods are notorious for holding in their poo long periods of time. Besides mine tends to stay on the cool end of his enclosure more than the warm end.
>>
>>4410301
How warm is your warm end
>>
>brian makes a vid about what not to do to a snake
>nothing about not keeping them in subpar conditions
>>
>>4410456
Did not finger blasting egg bound snakes make the video?
>>
>>4410456
>keeping them in subpar conditions
What objectively is the correct conditions to keep a snake? Even for Ball Pythons you have these BP mommy keepers that come out of no where and tell you If you don’t have a 6x3x6 bioactive setup you are committing animal abuse. Everyone hates “rack fag” breeders but doesn’t realize the hobby wouldn’t exist without small hobbyist / big names (NERD, Ozzy, Justin, BHB, etc)
>>
Also holy shit what’s with the trend on pushing that “Beardies or Leopard Gecks can’t have substrate?” Do these retards think they’re walking on paper towels or Repti carpet in the wild? Good Hell.
>>
What sex is my corn snake if it has a long tail? Like 10% of total length
>>
>>4410578
The people who give snakes huge enclosures generally aren’t the people who cry about substrate in lizard enclosures
>>
>>4410581
Female. It’s hard to be accurate based off this though.
>>
>>4410578
>Also holy shit what’s with the trend on pushing that “Beardies or Leopard Gecks can’t have substrate?
Rack niggers probably
>>
>>4410585
Definitely not. People that are anti substrate are always anti rack too. It’s the ignorant people in the community that don’t understand that SOME species thrive in racks and pretty much any species can be kept on substrate
>>
IMHO tile is great for leos but beardies jump around too much and it probably hurts their widdle joints
>>
>>4410578
One of the things that humans tend to like the most is feeling superior over other humans. It's basal, monkey-deep shit, the satisfaction you get from feeling you belong to a tribe that's doing better than the that other tribe, that's full of fucking losers. The way you do that these days when we have all of these layers of civilization and society plastered over our monkey tribal hardware is being smarter than other people. It's where you get fedora atheists, they feel they know something extra about the world that others havent figured out (and that's like the only thing they often have over other people) so it makes their dicks swell and they jerk off into their own mouths about how enlightened and awesome they are. if you can feel MORALLY superior to other people, that you not only know better but you ARE better than they are, it's even MORE of a mental dickrub.
In this particular case, you're seeing a bunch of people that have heard the following:
>Tile and carpet = good substrate for leopards and beardies
and
>loose substrate = impaction
and they're using that information to lord over other people because "you're mistreating your animals and I'm not because I'm a better pet keeper than you are."
Nevermind the fact that leopard geckos dont live in tile and grouted bathrooms in nature, or that flat surfaces like that can cause joint problems later in life, or that carpet it actually harmful if their nails get caught, or even that most impaction problems are a result of other, negligent or otherwise improper husbandry (usually dehydration and poor heating), they have information that makes them feel superior to other people, so everyone else that disagrees with them is a Bad Keeper thats going to kill their lizard.
>>
>>4410600
from what I understand lots of people tend to not keep their beardie's nails properly trimmed either, so on a flat surface they end up putting all of their weight on their wrists since the fingers are propped up/canted sideways. A leopard gecko's nails are considerably smaller so it's less of an issue.
I've been looking into getting a leopard gecko myself, and am planning on half or maybe two thirds of the enclosure being stacked sandstone for basking/climbing/hiding and general fuckarounds, and the rest being a mix of washed play sand, excavator clay, and dirt/coco coir (packed down a fair bit because it's not like they live on loose crumbly soil either)
>>
>>4410636
Based society understander
>>
if pinky rats exist why would you ever feed a bp a mouse?
>>
>>4410708
Why not both?
>>
>>4410718
Some people/snakes have trouble with the switch. Bob Bledsoe (Green Room Pythons) has some pretty big "mousers" who have always refused rats. Why start on mice? Pinky rats have to be small enough, they're about the same size as fuzzy mice
>>
>>4410576
Stop hoarding animals you faggot.
>>
Straight up how much of this hobby is money laundering
>>
>>4411068
there are easier ways to money launder than animal trade.
>>
>>4410576
Most breeders I've worked with for niche species like anacondas, sanzinias, BCL etc do not use racks and have pretty nice enclosures, and they all have been in the hobby as long as NERD and similar rackfags. The only breeders I've worked with that push racks are morphfags, animal hoarders with hundreds of animals, and generally people in it for the money. The hobby would absolutely 'still be around' its just that the people that prioritized money over care succeeded the most. Rackfags are ALWAYS coping with their borderline animal abuse and making excuses. Tl;dr kys rackfag.
>>
>>4411068
All of it.
>>
>>4411322
It really seems like cruelty to rodents can't support all these stores
>>
>>4411397
>It really seems like cruelty to rodents can't support all these stores
What
>>
>>4411404
Feeders are the moneymakers
>>
>>4411126
> The only breeders I've worked with that push racks are morphfags
Prob about 80% of legitimate hobbyists are probably’Morphfags’ in your book. One day you’ll grow up little kid.
>>
File: PXL_20230114_012628434.jpg (1.73 MB, 4080x3072)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
Retic
>>
>>4411456
Chondro chads stay winning
>>
Snakes are kinda boring ngl.
Don't see the appeal.
>>
>>4411525
depends on the snake. You get a mindbroken tubslut that's lived in a dark drawer for its entire life it's not gonna do much past what it knows
>be warm lump
>be less warm lump
>drink water
>eat mouse
but a more engaged snake that has opportunities to do other shit will do so and it's rather fun to watch
>>
>>4411525
Lizards are more fun, especially the smarter ones. Ackie monitors are snakelike in appearance and they have the forked tongue, but much more active, curious and fast. They are much harder to keep than an easy snake though.
>>
>>4411456
>Prob about 80% of legitimate hobbyists are probably’Morphfags’ in your book
Not him but 80% are morphfags
>>
>>4411596
>They are much harder to keep than an easy snake though.
Eh not really. You're going to need a UVB lamp and more space. To be honest, a lot of snake species would benefit from UVB as well, but many snakefags are cheap.
>>
>>4411456
>Prob about 80% of legitimate hobbyists are probably’Morphfags’ in your book
Yes. And the overwhelming majority of them are shitty people. I have several high quality morph constrictors and the reason I stopped and switched to localities is because they're disgusting to deal with. Of the 1000$+ constrictor's I've bought, one had scars from live feeding, one was severely obese from powerfeeding, one was severely underweight, and two had neurological defects. They're considered 'legitimate hobbyists' because of scum like you that perpetuate this behavior.
>One day you'll grow up kid
Not only am I older than you I own nicer snakes than you ever will. I repeat myself, kys rackfag.
>>
>>4411748
>Eh not really.
There's a bit more to them. More feeding/poop cleaning, not to mention farming feeders or buying them constantly. Things like this also make it more tricky to leave town for a week etc.
>>
>>4411456
You’re right, and that’s why you’re wrong. The vast majority of “serious” reptile keepers are awful trash. There’s a reason this is basically the only place I engage with people who also keep reptiles. When I call shitty keepers faggot nigger human scum here, at worst I occasionally catch a 3 day break (unless I feel the need use another device to call out another poster for their blatant niggardy)
I can’t do that elsewhere, so I don’t participate, I wouldn’t be able to restrain myself from calling out the awful habits and beliefs of the “average” keeper.

Do things like Pied morph pythons look cool? Of course. But the moral cost of the industry that makes them possible is heinous and they ruin the wild types by association because a large percentage of the commercially available “wild type” snakes of the heavily morphed species are the unwanted (and still inbred and fuck) byproduct of the operations trying to create the cream cheese mocha chino blueberry murderfuck starbaby Pyramid skeem bullshit.
>>
>>4411812
Yeah lizards are more work and electricity assuming you use UTH. I love my four legged kings but it's probably better to go all snakes. You see them less, sure, but they're bigger, more handleable, and more beautiful. You can go on vacation no problem. No bugs. Buy frozen mice in bulk for like $1 each. It's all so easy bros.
>>
>>4411840
Can you build some kind of bug dispeneser? I've seen various ways to make them have clean water (waterfall, self-refilling bowl).
>>
>>4411950
Hmm probably. I know you can buy crickets boxed such that only one escapes every so often.

My beardie and leo get into these staredowns across the room and it's so cute. Leo is rarely up during the day so I don't think it's a big problem.
>>
>>4411979
>the reptile equivalent of https://youtu.be/CchfZo0iSts
>>
>>4411950
You could definitely make a roach dispenser that kicks a couple Dubias out per day, but if they don’t get dumped into a bowl with slick sides, they might burrow in the substrate before your lizard can grab them all.

I know a guy with a monitor that just loads his water feature with fish and yabbies if he’s only going to be gone like a week or so. The first day or so is fat living, but the fish smarten up and are harder to chase when there’s not so many of them, so he’s almost never completely out when he gets back.
>>
>>4411525
the only appeal is scaring friends and family with having something they are afraid of but in reality is dumb and cute
>>
Got a new ball python, he ate last week but this week he is refusing, his eyes look a little blue. Any idea on when I should attempt feeding again, every day or just try again weekly?
>>
>>4412231
Just wait till after he sheds.
>>
File: 20230117_210219.jpg (388 KB, 1238x1396)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
You have been visited by the baby milksnake of apricot and high black.

Good appetite and one piece sheds will come to you but only if you post HELLO BABY MILKSNAKE in this thread.
>>
>>4412457
HELLO BABY MILKSNAKE
>>
>>4412457
HELLO BABY MILKSNAKE
>>
File: PXL_20230117_061004689.jpg (1.67 MB, 4080x3072)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
:3
>>
mogged
>>
anyone ever fed a pinkie mouse to a beardie? I think my girl's gravid and I read that you could give them a pinkie after they lay eggs
>>
>>4412499
Mine has no interest in even live pinkies. OTOH they are my leopard geckos favorite thing ever.
>>
>>4412465
Banan
>>
>>4412172
This is excellent. I assume the water feature has rocks and stuff for the fishies to hide behind. >>4412457
HELLO BABY MILKSNAKE
>>
File: _20230118_121157.jpg (1.36 MB, 3122x3528)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
Lydia
>>
>>4413005
Is that something other than a bp?
>>
>>4413011
Sanzinia volontany
>>
>>4413056
Nice
>>
>Have the money to buy animals I want and take care of them
>Dont have the space
REEEEE
>>
>>4413370
At least you're being responsible and not trying to cram them somewhere they won't fit.
>>
File: athletic pinecone.webm (2.16 MB, 960x540)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB WEBM
>>4413370
Just make space. Who needs a wardrobe when you can throw all your clothes under the bed? That sick ass tank is more important.
>>
>>4413469
based post
based skink
>>
>>4413370
Try racks. Everyone is doing it.
>>
>>4410589
everyone should be anti-rack.
>>
anyone here have a legless lizard? what are they like?
>>
>>4413005
I love how these look like a boa turned into a carpet python
>>
Is it okay to keep feeder rodents in racks?
>>
>>4413791
It's best to give each one a 40B with full spectrum lighting three hides a wheel some puzzles and a night heat pad
>>
All I want is a boa and a cribo and a carpet python and a spotted python and a Nipponese rat snake and a scrub python and a KSB and a corn snake and a few king/milk varieties and some BP morphs and a handful of hoggers and a green anaconda and a mainland retic. Is that so much to ask?!
>>
its bask o'clock, boys
>>
>>4413913
I was gonna call you a hoarder and jokingly say my want list but it's like 200 something animals.
>>
>>4413931
Possibly the coolest single enclosure on this website
>>
File: cover1 (1).jpg (211 KB, 800x450)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
My reptiles just got pushed back another 4 months
>>
>>4413901
Rodents are gregarious and social. You should be housing them in breeder pair+ mixed age grow out groups totalling 4-7 rats (not counting pinkies, fuzzies, and hoppers) in a 4x2x2 enclosure with enough hides that the breeders can be territorial about their litter when the babies are not yet hoppers, without causing them to come into constant conflict with the rest of the rats. Set up modular pipe runs with block off plates inside the hide, so you can remove your feeders at the appropriate time without having to handle them while they are still in the enclosure or tear down hides, and introduce a strange rodent to the enclosure when you replace that pipe section after harvest to distract them from their missing friend.
>>
>>4414044
it's okay, certainly not as well done as I would have liked. I had to compromise some, they say you learn on your first one and that is 100% true, I could probably whip a new enclosure together in a month's worth of weekends but this one took six times that long, and had to be completely scrapped and redone with different material because my original waterproofing method wasnt waterproof.
If I have a single piece of advice for someone looking to build their own enclosure, it's that if you have a choice between two options, and one is the clearly better choice but it's a little more expensive, go with that one, do NOT cheap out. Pretty much every cost-saving method I tried during the construction came back to bite me in the ass later.
>>
File: 20230119_182426[551].jpg (1.88 MB, 3809x1445)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
>>4414303
I spent a fair bit of time and a non-trivial amount of snake wrangling after to take a full picture of the interior and I didnt even attach it.
also, second corollary to the advice on enclosure making - if you're dead set on not buying a pre-made, make a scaled down, feature-complete prototype as a test first and then sell it, or use it for a smaller animal, or donate it to a local shop, or something. Do everything you would need to do in the larger enclosure, that way you make all of your beginner mistakes on one that doesnt matter, and anything unexpected that comes up (thermostat probe access? mounting for your thermometers? Flex seal smells like a chemical plant opened up inside satan's asshole and has to be applied outside or else your entire house will reek for days?) gets identified and addressed before you start for real.
>>
I've had a fear of reptiles my entire life but recently taken a liking to em as my partner is way into breeding them
Long story short I'm going to be getting this little guy in a few days
I have all the supplies needed to give this guy a good enclosure and I got his food. Any general tips for a first time reptile owner or specific advice or tips for gargoyle geckos? His name is Takyon :)
>>
>>4414433
>my partner
First, grow some balls.
Second, dont kill it.
>>
>>4414433
Sure.
1. Keep humidity 60-70% in the tank. Mist once a day around dusk.
2. Your gecko will take some time to settle before he starts eating. Do no panic. Gargs in particular often take a week+ off of eating around shedding time, may eat very little in winter despite tank still being same temperature.
3. Gargs will bask under a low wattage bulb if offered.
4. Don't bug him until he's eating regularly
>>
>>4413791
>still using live feeders
>>
>>4414961
>taking the fun out of everything
>>
So I was thinking of getting a 48x24x72 garage shelves for 4x2x1s but would they even fit with the support bars? Anyone have experience using them?
>>
Does UVB affect behavior? Appetite, etc? Or can I just keep my lizard warm and gib d3?
>>
>>4414976
>watching animals get murdered is fun
Kindly fuck off from my hobby please.
>>4414961
The "rats in racks" spammer could also mean breeding them, because all feeders are alive at some point, but either way the answer is the same as the last like 40 fucking times its been posted here
>literally no one here has ever at any point said that it is
>the fact that some hypothetical rando rodent breeder has shitty animal husbandry doesnt excuse your shitty animal husbandry
>continually spamming the exact same whataboutism isnt how you win rhetorical points
>fuck off
>>
File: 61ht1nVvDmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (69 KB, 703x1500)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>4414980
I have a similar shelf that's 80cm long and 50cm wide. The bars extend 4cm on each side on mine. When I tried to fit a ~70cm tank, give or take a little bit because it was a rough self-build, I had to cut off a bit from one of the sides to get it in.
>>
>>4414995
Off of the top of my head:
Lots of reptiles can see in the UV specturm so it actually provides additional stimulus they would otherwise not get.
Also kind of niche and specific, but not providing UV may cause adverse behavior changes in different environments as well - when clint laidlaw took his tegu outside for the first time it turned from "scaly puppy" to "wild animal" because to the tegu, clint looked like a completely different creature in the sunlight and it was suddenly in a strange place with strangers taking in a whole flood of new sensory information and it freaked the fuck out.
>>
File: 1674140307325566.jpg (110 KB, 1170x1119)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Fellas...im looking for this japanese youtube channel that has these pet frogs. I remember the frogs fighting for food as this Japanese woman was petting them and the frogs liked being pet. They also became jealous of the petting and the food.
>>
File: japanese setups.jpg (307 KB, 2048x1536)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>4415017
https://www.youtube.com/@piyo_kaeru/videos

Maybe this one, but there's no shortage of japanese animal abusers doing these cutesy shit videos before shelfing their animals in tiny chambers. They're all the same anyway.
>>
>>4415031
That's it! THAT'S IT!
ARIGATO GOZAIMAS
>>
>>4414433
>tfw going to an expo to try and pick up one of these
I'll mail order if I don't see any. Ideally I'd like a yellow one. People go gaga over the reds but I really like the black and yellow speckled look, I'd do cresties if cresties didn't also look gay. Meanwhile gargoyles are classic gecko. Only Tokays are more geckoey IMO but I want something that eats mostly non-live food.
>>
>>4415017
Look up frogs on Inaturalist you tard.
>>
>>4415031
Japanese have diffrent care standards then we do, They might be housed in smaller enclosures with paper towels substrate but they're loved and cared for.
It's a very western ignorance thing to not understand that Japan doesn't have space like we do.
I agree enclosures can be too small on the Japanese side but we anthropomorphism alot. Scientists have done tests on skinks and the diffrence between a 120 Gallon and a 8x4x4 does not register with them. There brain's don't react diffrent to It. As long as they can thermo regulate and move a reasonable amount they literally do not care.
>>
>>4415224
>they're loved and cared for
Lol no they’re not. Just look at the Japanese bug fights. Substandard care is not loved and cared for
>It's a very western ignorance thing to not understand that Japan doesn't have space like we do
>we
If they don’t have the space they shouldn’t own the animal
>we anthropomorphism alot
It has nothing to do with anthropomorphism. Saying they need more space is not anthropomorphism
>the diffrence between a 120 Gallon and a 8x4x4 does not register with them
Except they’re not using 120 gallon enclosures, they’re using 30x30cm display boxes
>As long as they can thermo regulate and move a reasonable amount they literally do not care
They can’t thermoregulate or move a reasonable amount in those enclosures
>>
>>4415224
You sound like the kind of nigger that would defend third world barbarism and ethically evil shit because it's 'just their culture guys!'
The Japanese care standard is objectively dogshit compared to western. The socioeconomic factors surrounding that are completely irrelevant.
>>
>>4415015
wondering about weak UV for a kingsnake as they are diurnal
>>
>>4415344
Reptiles and Research has footage of his king foregoing his usual basking spot to sit in a slightly cooler area directly under the UV, so I have to assume they'll take advantage of it, yeah. Arcadia recommends a low-level bulb for lampropeltis, so its a low relative cost, too.
>arcadiareptile.com/lighting/low-uv-species/
>>
>>4415389
Liam sinclair is a fucking idiot
>>
>Exo-Terra 36x18x18 is $150 at PetSmart
The consoomer part of my brain says that this is a good deal, and I have space on my shelving unit for one more terrarium of that size, but the other part of me thinks that if I want a decently sized animal that I can handle and interact with like a ball python or a BTS or something, this will not work in the long term.
I could get a smaller snake or lizard, but I already work with a hognose and while I don't mind the care and handling, it's not a size range I'm interested in acquiring more of unless there's a particular snake species of that size range out there that's very personable. And I don't want to be an animal hoarder, I've already told myself I'd get one other snake/lizard at most until I'm confident in my ability to work with what I already have.
So is it a good investment or should I wait for a deal on a larger enclosure from somewhere and get that instead?
>>
>>4415390
How so
>>
>>4415408
That's a very good deal desu.
>unless there's a particular snake species of that size range out there that's very personable
Try a king or milksnake, they'd be way more personable than a BP if that's what you're interested in. Wouldn't recommend it for a BTS though, they're much more active than your average care guide makes it seem (or at least mine is) and they can get pretty big.
>>
>>4415446
>Try a king or milksnake, they'd be way more personable than a BP
IME bps are sweethearts who just want to explore. I pet mine like Dr. Evil does his cat.

Colubrids, IME, like to flee and musk/poop on you. Corns kind of curious. But a personable milksnake?
>>
>>4415408
>40gal
>no BP or BTS
bless your heart
>>
>>4415408
PetCo has half price aquariums for the next week. You could get a 75 + screen top for around that much. Or skip the top for BTS
>>
>>4415224
Nip simps fuck off
>>
File: 1630800561288.jpg (274 KB, 1319x835)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>4415408
get a fat fucking toad
>>
>>4415446
I did consider another colubrid like a milk snake or kingsnake, but I'm not sure if they would outgrow 36x18. Also, while I have no doubt I could get on fine with a milk snake or kingsnake, I'm currently looking for a chill and decent/reasonably-sized species of snake or lizard that I can condition into getting held often, exploring at a chill pace, rather than a frantic rat race toward the first exit, and maybe chilling by the wayside while I'm doing other stuff. Which could be a BP or a BTS, but I'm open to other suggestions.
>>4415582
I wouldn't put an adult-sized animal in an enclosure I know it's too small for, and I know both of those will outgrow it.
>>4415584
Shit, you weren't kidding, I could snag a 75 gallon on the cheap. Though, and this is a bit nitpicky of me, I find it suboptimal just because I like the "front door herp terrarium" model more. I already did aquarium style once, and I was happier when I switched to an Exo-Terra. I found it cumbersome to have to move the lights and screen every time and reach down.
>>
>>4415676
That's something for later down the line, but I do want a big fat frog at some point.
>>
File: 20230121_161031-min.jpg (1.28 MB, 4608x3456)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
She so pretty. She grow so fast.
>>
>>4408359
give it get cuttlebone
they are masters in climbing and escaping! be really careful to not lose it!
>>
>bearded dragon sometimes tries to attack feeding tongs
>buy rubber tipped tongs to make sure she doesn't get hurt trying to bite them
>she thinks the black rubber tips are bugs and tries to eat them even more
>>
From Craigslist: a 2.5yo beardie in a 40gal. These lil nibbas clearly vary widely in size.
>>
>>4416748
most likely stunted to hell
>>
How many hatchlings just die? Is it ever wise to buy one? If you just buy yearling snakes so much anxiety can be avoided. You don't have to upgrade tanks either.

Let breeders deal with these non-eating randomly dying motherfuckers!
>>
>>4416837
No responsible breeder is gonna sell herps before he confirmed that they're healthy and eating well. If they're gonna sell you some one week old snake that's a red flag.
>>
>>4416748
>one light, unless that's a mercury vapor bulb no UVB and even then who knows how much, piss poor coverage everywhere but one spot in the enclosure that's barely the size of the stunted beardie
>exactly one hide
>No water in the enclosure, so they likely adhere to the "a small water dish turns an arid enclosure to a rainforest so dehydrate your lizard because they dont drink standing water but then soak them weekly so they can drink the standing water they're soaking in" meme
>loose substrate which isnt bad in and of itself but it looks like it's JUST loose substrate, shit it looks like kitty litter or aquarium gravel
The sad thing is that from an aesthetic perspective it's actually pretty interesting, but they did pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE wrong. It's no wonder the poor little fucker is stunted, wouldnt be surprised if he's MBD'd to hell and back.
>>
>>4416999
looks like MVB imho
>>
>>4410576
>>4411456
So tired of this bullshit "Wehh the hobby wouldn't exist without these crusty old men who happened to be some of the first weirdoes in the 60s who imported/caught a bunch of shit and threw it in an aquarium until it started making more!" Ok cool maybe but that doesn't mean the hobby should be held in a chokehold by those same subpar standards. Evolve or deal with being called out for abusing your animals, nignog.
>>
>>4416748
Back Already hoarder anon?
>>
File: Tony house.jpg (2.42 MB, 3024x3167)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
I made a new enclosure for my corn snake. Meant to evoke an autumn farm.
>>
File: Tonyhouse2.jpg (2.92 MB, 4032x2717)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>4417113
>>
>>4417111
>>4417113
Very good. Lots of vertical and climbing apparatus.
>>
File: Tony house1.jpg (3.09 MB, 3024x3855)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
>>4417114
Photo orientation was incorrect
>>
>>4417118
Beautiful
>>
>>
File: crocmon.png (124 KB, 442x204)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>4417383
Cool herps you'd never want to own? Pic obviously related.
>>
>>4417561
Gila monster. So cute but just not worth the risk.
>>
File: bushviper10.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>4417561
>>
>>4417566
You baby it won't even kill you
>>
>>4417569
These guys are the only ones that tempt me to jump into hots without experience
>>
>>4417588
>You baby you won't even own an animal who's venom feels like driving 20 nails into your hand for 20 hours.
You might be retarded.
>>
>>4417598
>>You baby you won't even own an animal who's venom feels like driving 20 nails into your hand for 20 hours.
Yes
>>
>>4417598
>>4417604
The real reason why a Gila monster bite shouldn’t be too scary for a confident keeper is because getting hit at all is a massive skill issue. It’s like getting bit by a blue tongue, you’ve gotta piss it off AND not pay any attention. They don’t have the range of motion to unexpectedly bite you.
>>
>>4417561
The snakes big enough to kill me. How do you move a mainland retic? How do you make it do anything?
>>
>>4417616
>College has Native Herp room
>Go in there every once and a while if I have time to kill between classes
>The handler finally is going to take out the Gila monster for a bath while I'm there
>Oh yeah.jpg
>He acts like it's a black mamba and uses a snake hook to grab it and move it
I wanted to just grab the fucker for him
>>
>>4417668
>>
>>4417625
>How do you make it do anything?
Give it a stern talking to
>>
>>4417670
That seems like it might hurt. Chandler just snatches his with index and middle finger on either side of its head
>>
File: a91-167026.jpg (128 KB, 1050x700)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>4417670
>>4417739
they're not the quickest or the most flexible little buggers, so I guess you can pretty easily support it like you would a young gator. even then though you're probably pretty safe unless you're seriously fucking with them.
>I have never been called to attend a case of Gila monster bite, and I don't want to be. I think a man who is fool enough to get bitten by a Gila monster ought to die. The creature is so sluggish and slow of movement that the victim of its bite is compelled to help largely in order to get bitten —Dr. Ward, Arizona Graphic, September 23, 1899
>>
>>4417625
depends, if the mainland is in a bare tank you let the lack of friction do the work as you drag it out, if it has anything like a large log to latch onto everything you do with that snake is on its time. Dougie smith says he spends like 6 hours wrangling his 20 foot retic when he cleans his enclosures
>>
File: Pacu.jpg (251 KB, 1120x746)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
Want
>Ackie Monitor
>Amazon Basin Emerald Tree Boa
>Anders Croc Newt
>Asian Giant Leaf Turtle
>Black Dragon Water Monitor
>Blizzard Gopher Snake
>Blood Python
>3 Ball python Morphs
>Chinese Box Turtle
>Cuban Rock Iguana
>Eastern BTS
>Northern BTS
>Merauke BTS
>Chimera BTS
>Fly River Turtle
>Aussie Frilled Lizard
>Giant Cali Salamander
>Giant Malaysian River Toad
>Giant Mexican Musk
>Glass Frog
>Japanese King Rat Snake
>Japanese Pond Turtle
>Japanese wood Turtle
>Leopard Gecko
>Mata Mata Turtle
>Monkey Tail Skink
>North American Wood Turtle
>Pied Pectinata
>Pink Panther Tegu
>Pixie Frog
>Red Eye tree frog
>Savannah Monitor
>Sonoran Desert Toad
>Couple Mud turtles
>Sulcata Tortoise
>Super Blue Samurai Pacman frog
>Tiger Salamander
>Tokay Gecko
Want But Dont Need
>Dumeril Monitor
>Aldabra Tortise
>Whites Tree frog
>Diamond Back Terrapin
>False Water cobra
>Leopard Tortise
>Mountain Horn Dragon
>New Guiena Snapper
>Pichu Pacman Frog
>Red Eye Croc Skink
>Red foot Tortoise
>Red Beardie
>Hypo Zero Beardie
>Vietnam Pond Turtle
>Vietnam Mossy Tree Frog
Would Like
>Black Breasted Leaf Turtle
>Caiman Lizard
>Cat Eye Snake
>Cunningham Skink
>Danube Crested Newt
>Desert Iguana
>Eastern Collard Lizard
>Gidgee Skink
>Great Plains Skink
>Indonesian Forest Dragon
>Sail Fin Dragon
Want but Unlikley
>Chinese Giant Salamander
>Apleine Blotched BTS
>Shingle Back BTS
>Boyd Forest Dragon
>Elephant Trunk Snake
>Galapgose Tortise
>Hell Bender
>Malayan Soft Shell Turtle
>Croc Monitor
>Argus Monitor
>Land Mullet
>Melanistic BTS
Would If I could
>Blue Komodo Viper
>Common Snapper
>Alligator Snapper
>Gharial
>Mexican Beaded Lizard
>Gila Monster
>King Cobra
>Komodo Dragon
>Rattle Snakes
>Black Mamba
>Monocle Cobra
>Dwarf Caiman
>>
>>4417917
Horder anon pls..
>>
I love rosy boas and I want to breed them badly but I live in AZ and its barely legal to own one let alone breed them (unless you just gift them to other Arizonans, but fuck them kids).
>>
>>4417964
What? You cant abduct them from the wild wihout a permit but you can buy, breed and sell them all you want.
>>
>>4417917
>no African fat-tailed gecko
Why
>>
File: horned-viper2.jpg (50 KB, 1200x627)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>4417561
Picrel my favorite animal, every single rattlesnake in existence and a giant alligator to live in a moat and eat Jehovah's Witnesses
>>
>>4417969
Incorrect, AZGF will shit in your mouth if they find out you're buying or selling any native species.
>>
>>4417979
>https://www.animallaw.info/administrative/az-exotic-wildlife-article-4-live-wildlife
>>
>>4417979
>>4417982
>https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/AZGFD-Laws-and-Rules-Book-09262022.pdf
>https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/2021-25-Reptile-and-Amphibian-Regulations_Sept21.pdf
>>
>>4417590
Well they are probably one of the best species for getting into hots
>>
File: KI_tiger.jpg (67 KB, 678x452)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>4417561
Aside from croc monitors and actual crocodilians there are so many cool looking elapids that would look awesome but are just too dangerous for me to ever consider trying to keep.
>>
>>4417561
King cobra is the biggest one for me, I just don't realistically see myself ever being comfortable enough to keep hot snakes let alone one like that that's impossible to be truly safe with
>>
File: shocked.webm (3.02 MB, 608x1080)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB WEBM
>>
>>4418146
bro you need to wear pants at home, this is animal abuse
>>
>>
File: sausage.png (1.15 MB, 1242x915)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>
>>4413469
>>4418376
I really wish I could get a shingleback, they're so unique and they're just hilarious to look at
>>
>>4417566
there used to be a guy who shit up this general because no one suckd his dick over his free handling of his gila monster
>>
>>4417986
I'd argue something native where anti venom is actually available would be arguably better
>>
>tfw your new snake eats that first pinkie
>>
>>4417982
>>4417984
Did you even read the shit you linked
>>
Got my garg all set up :)
He's been exploring a lot
active little fella
>>
>>4418847
cute
>>
>>4418889
He says thanks
>>
File: 20230124_115817.jpg (2.49 MB, 3072x3030)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>4408437
>>4416088
I'll pick one up when I can. Hes been alright about not getting into too much trouble, even though he does love to walk around the backyard on warm days, crawl around in the mud and eat a few weeds here and there. His enclose is small enough to mobile, an old recycling bin, that's a big hide for him.
>>
>>4418795
Yes you fucking retarded nigger, You can't breed native species you caught in the wild with a hunting license. You can go on morph market and buy a Rose then breed them all you want. Jfc kill yourself you illiterate monkey.
>>
>>4418902
Cute little buddy
>>
>>4417964
Just go collect some and don't be a fucking loudmouth about it.
>>
File: awwwnoodlr.png (2.65 MB, 1266x1253)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
Haven't posted my bamboo ratsnake in a long time so here I go.
She's doing really fine, and she started becoming really thicker. I wonder how thick she can get ?
>>
Headshots of my girl
>>
>>4419159
That is a gorgeous pattern. How's the temperament?
>>
>>4419264
neat
>>
>>4419264
What morph besides super dwarf?
>>
>>4419319
She's quite docile, and very curious, though quite shy, she's easily spooked but she's young, and I heard it's common for bamboo ratsnake to become more confident overnight when they become adults.
I don't handle her much because she needs colder temperature so a human hand mustn't feel good for long periods, she's been fine with short handling though. Her bite is rare and weak and she hasn't shat on me
>>
>>4419675

Anyone?
>>
>>4419684
You’ve already received an answer. It will regrow the tail. Release it, give it a bug first if you want to
>>
>>4419684
Teach it the crimes of the jew
>>
File: _20230125_123403.jpg (2.59 MB, 4839x3192)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
Moose Moose Moose Moose Moose Moose
>>
>>4419904
When it's time Moose will eat us all
>>
Fuuuuuck I want it, But could it even breed (Ethically) with that Kink?
>>
>>4419922
If it's still up in like 6 months time I'll buy it.
>>
>>4418949
And when AZGF shows up on my doorstep asking for proof my animal is not a native animal what do I do dickwad? Offer them my MM receipt? Randy fucking Babb personally confirmed this to my face when I asked so why don't you go amateur-lawyer your way through him and stop being a dildo on 4chan.
>>
>>4419959
>And when AZGF shows up on my doorstep
They won't
>Offer them my MM receipt?
Yes. You have the Fedex tracking receipts that it came from another state.
You sound like a retard.
>>
>>4419959
Yes you show them the receipts and shipping tags that say they're not from AZ and that theyre from a seller in where ever the fuck . I don't care what the fuck Randy Babb said, glowies rely on scare tactics. A cop could tell you your legally required to lick his balls and you'd gargle em.
>>
>>4419904
Holy hell that guy is so long but also so thin.
>>
>>4419984
He's a pretty healthy size for his age and sex.
>>
Someone in AZ just got busted yesterday for
>1 Baby Tiger
>1 Baby American Gator
>12 Snapping turtles
And he got sentenced to Prison time I belive.
I understand the Gator and Tiger being a nono but I will never understand the Snapping turtle ban. They literally live in the Colorado river which goes through out state.
>>
>>4419967
>>4419969
Alright morons, then tell me why none of the rosy boa breeders either on MM or locally are in AZ? And why no one will ship one to AZ? Are they ALL just a bunch of retards? Or is it POSSIBLE you don't have the vice grip understanding of the law you think you do? Quite frankly the retard move here would be trusting random dicklickers on 4chan over actual G&F authorities and previous cases in real life.
>>
>>4419993
Careful, according to some of our amateur lawyers all those things are legal and fine!
>>
>>4420040
>None of the rosy boa breeders on MM are in Arizona
Here are five sellers from Arizona selling rosy boas.
>Why no one will ship one to AZ
None of these out of state ads say anything about no shipping to Arizona.
>Are they ALL just a bunch of retards?
No, just you.
You're that retarded hoarder from AZ with the sav that got banned for live feeding, aren't you?
>>
>>4420042
I am the amatuer lawyer you retard, And yeah those are on the restricted list, Not fucking rosy boas you ass licker.
>>
How big of an enclosure does a pied pectinata need?
>>
>>4420042
if you dont get caught like a retard everything is legal. chances are unless you're trying to sell a snapping turtle you wont be caught, shit like tigers and gators is what draws heat.
>>
File: 1631122364799.jpg (15 KB, 409x509)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>4419904
MOOOOOOOSE
>>
>>4420236
He was selling the Tiger on fucking Facebook Market place for 25 grand and had the snappers in a kiddie pool outside In his suburban neighbor. He was a fucking retard. Almost as much as Mr can't own a rosy boa.
>>
Apparently if someone with a permit gifts you a rattle snake you can keep it. Dope
>>
>>4417930
>anyone who wants an animal they don’t have is a hoarder
What gay ass reasoning
>>
>>4419904
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>4420046
OBSESSED
>>
>>4420528
>Says the guy who literally just made me into a boogie man a few posts above
>>
>>4420536
>>
Juvie corn and adult leo in 15, 20 respectively. Snek probably about to shed again, right now he loves only tube. I really like the tile and hammock for Nardo, he climbs on all of it. Aspen + play sand for both. 4W UTH for corn, 8W for leo
>>
Snake care protip: a pinch of substrate can also double as a stylish hat.
>>
>>4420848
adorable
>>
File: 1600636584814.jpg (82 KB, 347x428)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>4407774
>tfw there are literally 0 native lizards where I live, just salamanders, frogs, turtles and snakes.

Also /herp/, I have a wild caught spotted salamander I've kept for like 3/4 of a year and I have a hard time getting it to eat for me, I've only seen him do it once, but I think he just does his own hunting at night with the worms and feeder insects I stock in his enclosure. I think the reason is because he lives under a dome of bark that came cleanly off of a log, which I have to lift up to feed him, which probably scares him. The weird thing is that IK a couple other people with one that don't have this issue, and see videos of a bunch of them in an empty tote eating like crazy. Any suggestions to make him more socialized?
>>
>>4410636
reptile carpet is garbage, why would you keep an animal that takes wet sloppy shits all the time on FABRIC? I got rid of my reptile carpet and things smelled so much better
>>
>>4413931
really cool, this would be fun to have every day, how much upkeep would you say these guys are per month? Also is it worth it to buy them from a breeder or just catch some in my backyard?
>>
File: lmao.jpg (541 KB, 1093x1569)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>4421086
>>
Does anyone know of a good site to get exotic plants for a tree frog setup? Building a paludarium right now and all I can get locally are basic home Depot plants.
>>
>>4421086
>why would you keep an animal that takes wet sloppy shits all the time on FABRIC?
like I said, because that's what they heard Good Petkeepers do, and they dont want to be Bad Petkeepers. Logic or common sense goes out the window when you go with "i heard this is how you do it."
>>
>>4421191
Find a local nursery that does indoor plants
>>
>>4421200
Already checked, only place that is close is an orchid farm and im fairly certain that those are too fragile.
>>
>>4421095
like with most herps, setup is the most expensive step, and since they're active and will use every square inch of space you give them (climb, dig, swim, bask, you name a thing they can do in an enclosure they'll do it), they need a larger and more interactive enclosure than your normal snake. add to that that you'll want at least three, which means more space. They shit like birds when they're babies, so you'll be spot cleaning a pretty fair amount. they're also VERY curious so you'll get snakes hanging out of the enclosure and onto your arms and trying to smell your eyeballs as you clean, too. as they get older the poops get less frequent, and while larger than the little parakeet spatters, still pretty small considering.
Hard to say with regards to monthly cost, since I only have to buy supplies every few months. maybe 10 or 15 bucks? as young adults they eat every week, and will take 3-6 small pinkies, a few ounces of tilapia, and 2-3 chicken hearts between them. when they were younger they would eat less, but more often, up to every other day for the first few months (natricines have a fast metabolism) then gradually down to once a week after a year or so. You'll know when to space the days out better because they'll skip a feeding or two if they're not hungry.
I dont recommend wild caught for the same reasons I wouldnt recommend wild caught if you wanted a pet rat. They're comparatively pretty cheap from breeders, even the fancier ones, so no reason to bother the ones outside. sexually dimorphic, females are larger and will need more space and more food, males are tiny but are also horny assholes and will try and fuck anything that's remotely snake shaped, including themselves.
>>
I wish Raditant heat panels were so pricy, $150 for 1 panel is alot
>>
File: granite.jpg (105 KB, 876x960)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
What is this board's opinion on African fat tailed geckos?
>>
>>4421229
I also want a QRD on the differences with leos
>>
>>4421226
>$150 for 1 panel is alot
Yea, but ive probably spent more than that on bulbs since I got a rhp (they're in different enclosures).
>>
File: HHW_movie.gif (2.95 MB, 660x346)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB GIF
>>4421212
NTA but this dude tried to defend why he prefers to buy imported Tokay geckos by saying they might have morph genes and because they only eat crickets parasites aren't a problem.
I wanted to show him the infamous pic related video.
>>
>>4421229
They're based
>>
File: smug.jpg (183 KB, 2000x1154)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>4421229
I find them cuter than leos
>>
>>4421237
the difference is just humidity and substrate. AFTs like to dig more.
>>
>>4421449
I find them cuter than any other gecko period.
>>
>>4421449
Why does every single gecko always look like they have just gotten away with something are incredibly smug about it
>>
>>4421488
Geckos are smiley to begin with. Add the ability to blink and the smugness intensifies to an unreasonable degree.
>>
File: 20230127_094902.jpg (3.58 MB, 4032x3024)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB JPG
>Got a $50 tip at a job you don't ever get tips at
>Got 24 Phillips 65w halogen indoor flood lights still in the box for free
>Hooked up a deal for a full grown BTS and 48x18x18 for $185
Today is my lucky day literally
>>
>>4421794
Extremely based. The lizard or tank alone could be twice that
>black legs
Merauke? Indonesian?
>>
>>4421848
Halmahera, she said it's from a friend of hers who died and she doesn't want it.
Only issue is how huffy and puffy it is. It does NOT like people at all. This is gonna my first lizard so I'm not sure if I want it to be one that is hissy and pissy and maybe a long term import.
So I'll go check it out but I'm for sure gonna buy that enclosure.
>>
File: Hundskopfschlinger.jpg (49 KB, 612x409)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>want one of them
It can be tamed down while young so I dont have to suffer biting hell once it grows big?
>>
>>4421899
>This is the Hundskopfschlinger, it schlings hundskopf
>>
By ball python likes to climb. Gonna have to buy a higher enclosure now. I think about getting a PVC.
>>
Is it normal for BPs to be scared shitless of everything so frequently? i go as gentle as possible but mine seems like the biggest pussy in the world and is scared of just about everything except for being in his hide. Am I doing something wrong or is it just going to take months before he gets used to it?
>>
File: tokays.jpg (254 KB, 1280x720)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>4421488
>>
>>4421894
I didn't know BTS were like that but I just saw a Craigslist ad that warned about it. Also the ad said the lizard was $85...that you?
>>
>>4421903
>Hundskopfschlinger
Dogheadgorger

Does it gorge on dog heads?
>>
>>4422036
Uuuuuh, Yeah..... I'm taking to the girl right now setting up a date.
>>
>>4421933
SHORT ANSWER: yes to basically all of that.
LONG ANSWER: It thinks you want to eat it. It's a predator, you're a bigger predator, it recognizes you're a predator, and larger predators dont just hang out with smaller animals for shits and giggles. Since you dont speak snake, you have to gradually and consistently show it that you're cool and good things happen when you're around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ljtIS4qCKw
Also, remember that the snake likely lived in a drawer for its entire life before it came to you. sitting in a dark place with nothing around it is literally all it knows. It'll get used to getting around once it figures out the world isnt full of monsters that want to eat it.
>>
>>4421899
someone here has a GTP that he's raising right now and while he's got big fuck-off gloves in the pictures he's printed, it seems comparatively pretty docile. You'd have to ask him for more details, though.
>>
>>4422062
Hope u smash
>>
I got a hognose a couple years ago and I'm starting to regret it, it's like having an empty tank 95% of the time. I got him because of size concerns since hognose's don't grow very big, but now that that's not an issue I wish I could've gotten a cali king instead. At the same time I don't want to rehome him to some stranger I don't know.
>>
>>4422073
ETBs are not GTPs tho
>>
>>4422108
N slam
>>
File: gargamel gecko.jpg (704 KB, 4032x3024)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
went to pacnwr today, i was fucking amazed how many people were there, do this many people actually keep exotics? Lots of kids too I guess so some people were probably using it for the 'zoo' factor.

Paid just under $200 for Gargamel here. He looked pretty inquisitive compared to a lot of the others. The booth also had some expensive phantoms and stuff but I like the urban camo ones. I was SEVERELY tempted by some firebelly newts too since I haven't seen them for years. Guy at the booth said this was probably the last time he'd be selling for a couple years and he's not aware of anyone else selling them in state atm. If I had an empty, prepared tank I would have done it but maybe some other year.
>>
>>4422244
Is there that big of a difference between the two, though?
>>4422755
Awesome, post more of your little bro when he's acclimated
>>
>>4422755
congrats, nice smol fren
>>
>>4406661
wow why is it so cute
>>
File: 1674927669101621.webm (1.17 MB, 406x482)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB WEBM
>>4406661
What kind of Turtle is this.
>>
>>4422976
Big head chinese turtle
$4000 each

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.