[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Oxford_Dodo_display.jpg (2.89 MB, 2616x1728)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
I wish I could save them in some sort of time machine
>>
>>4360517
can't they get DNA to at least study them since they are very recent?
>>
File: dodos_remains_oxford.png (1.41 MB, 1800x840)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>4360529
They did that for the first time in 2002, see the evolution section:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodo#Evolution

Pic related is the only known surviving remains of dodo soft tissue
>>
i miss old /mu/ brehs
>>
Unfortunately egg laying creatures remain a challenge to clone - not a single bird or reptile has been successfully cloned yet. The issue is that the ovum part where you insert the DNA to clone is easy to work with in mammals, being able to be placed under a microscope, while with egg layers the ovum part is buried in the yolk.
>>
>>4360547
now it's 90% kpop threads
>>
Why do people care so much about this dumb thing, its literally just a big stupid pigeon.
>>
I wish I could go back in time and kill the first placental mammals.
>>
>>4360688
because we are supposed to be the caretakers of Eden. It's our duty to take care of God's creatures
>>
>>4360688
I want to know what it tastes like
>>
>>4360688
>its literally just a big stupid pigeon
>>
>>4360688
it isn't about the animal its about the reality that humans are cruel and western societal standards refuses to accept that nature.
Even to this day the same people who claim to be helping animals are neglecting others simply over photogenics or a narrow vision thats swayed by grant money. The dodo would of survived if it was never discovered early on by what were essentially savages in fancy clothes.
>>
File: auk.png (215 KB, 1730x516)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>4360753
No, clearly we are the masters of the world and the animals exist to be exploited by us.
>>
>>4360759
Horrible apparently.
>>
>>4360772
anglos...
>>
>>4360772
Humanity deserves whatever punishment God sees fit to give us.
>>
>>4360547
Me too man, me too
>>
File: 1483406671031.png (157 KB, 516x440)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>4360772
god i hate psychopaths so much
>>
>>4360517
If I'm successful, I'll bring them all back. Even Dinosaurs. I don't need a time machine to do it either.
>>
>>4360517
Nigga dodos never died rich farts keep them as status symbols for decades
>>
>>4360517
What's the word on how good they'd have been for the meat industry?
Island animals tend to be pansies so it wouldn't surprise me if they immediately died of respiratory issues without a square mile of land per bird or they only lay 1 egg a year or something
>>
>>4360688
>You miss something only when it's gone
>It's a very unique looking bird (nothing alive looks like it)
>People feel responsible that humans drove it to extinction

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.