[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I genuinenly don't get why there are so many beta people who prefer cats over dogs.
Dogs are actual friends to their owners. They're loyal, they play with you, and they're willing to defend you or your family from whatever danger they see (shitbulls excluded).
Cats on the other hand are fucking useless in every aspect, unless you have a mouse infestation. They almost always hate their owners, do nothing but sleep and beg people for food, and it's impossible to play with them. The only thing you can do with them is pet them if they don't walk away or start scratching you, or laugh at how autistic they look when you throw something at them.
I genuinenly don't get why catfags act so proud about the fact that they're keeping some worthless animal in their house that does nothing but sleep, leave hair everywhere and drain their wallet for food. It's such a pathetic and subhuman trait to be a catfag.
>>
>>4355856
My cat is my friend. You’re just a retard. And a birdfag.
>>
>>4355856
Stop shitting up the board and kill yourself.
>>
>>4355856
a feathered reptile pecked out this post
>>
>>4355856
>leave hair everywhere
Dog breeds with thick coats do this, too.
>>
>>4355876
Yeah but dogs at least make up for it being competent pets, unlike cats.
>>
pets are for kids, all adult pet owners are beta
>>
File: bbfkjh5v3pb11.jpg (814 KB, 3792x2859)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
>>4355878
>dogs, and dog owners, i speak to you now as your brother, as i am also a dog owner
>we must learn to despise these feline beasts or we will not survive
>we alone are intelligent and sociable. cats are stupid and do not love their owners
>cats are a scourge that kills hundreds of humans and thousands of birds. dogs, asides from pitbulls, are largely harmless.
>the cats must be kept indoors and away from our precious birds. Listen not to those who say "it's just sparrows", even though they are the majority of cat owners, they are urbanites, so their opinions are invalid.
>chant with me, brothers!
>cats stay indoors!
>cats stay indoors!
>who's a pretty bird!
>cats stay indoors!
>>
>>4355889
If by beta you mean civilized and if by alpha you mean an impulsive rapist/thief/violent druggy with 3 illegitimate children that were only born because of abortion bans and poverty/stupidity sure.
>>
File: doggos.webm (2.07 MB, 1067x800)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB WEBM
>>4355890
>So when I say SQUAWK, run after that clawed rat.
>And if I catch them?
>Here, take this
>What did you mean by that?
>You'll get another one of those if you finish the job, capisci?
>Yes ok, will do. as you know in russia we have great work ethic. Always respect authority and do a good job for sake of hard work. Unlike american we do not just watch out for self. Before I leave, one more biscuit? Will do extra good job.
>>
File: hed7k1pzhca61.jpg (487 KB, 1850x2923)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>>4355899
>2 days later
>why are you doing this?
>close your eyes before the bird shows up
>help
>>
>>4355856
>cats are useless and just eat your food and do nothing for you!
Acting like that doesn't also describe 99.9% of dogs
>>
>>4355856
very obvious you don't understand how to interact with a cat and therefore either intentionally or unintentionally misread their signals so in turn they act mean towards you, not because they are bad animals but simply because you're retarded and don't know how to interact with them properly
>>
>>4356270
>muh super speshul powers to interact with le mystical kots
Here is what faggots like you cant wrap your two brain cells around, i dont want these sticky smelly shitters anywhere near me for any reason
I hate their disgusting molting fur
I hate their shit digging litterfeet
I hate the sound of meowing and purring
I DONT WANT TO INTERACT WITH THEM AT ALL EVER
>>
OP, I know you're getting a lot of h8 but I actually agree with you for the most part. Cats are usually contemptuous of their masters for the most part and I see no point of having an animal like that for a pet. Meanwhile, most dogs would take a bullet for their owners, metaphorically speaking.

If you ask the average catfag why he likes having a cat as a pet, it will usually boil down to "she looks pretty" once you peel back all the layers.
>>
File: ok.jpg (101 KB, 500x622)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>4355856
>I genuinenly don't get why...
Don't worry about it.
>>
File: 1667746581279466.jpg (95 KB, 1152x1536)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
I just cant get my head around the whole litter box thing...
Its like my worst nightmare
>>
>>4355878
what are dogs useful for? getting loaded up on prozac to be a therapy dog? mauling sheep while trying to herd them? giving false positives when sniffing for drugs whenever their handler wants them to? "hunting" while barking its head off and scaring off prey? guarding the UPS guy? the only thing dogs are good for are mauling little children which they do to the tune of 1000 a day in the US alone. dogs are also pretty good at starting 95% of neighborly disputes. dont act like your dog has any purpose, because it doesnt like 90% of the dogs in the world. at least a cat will catch a few rats in its life
>>
>>4355856
If you trust a dog to defend you instead of yourself you are a beta who is to poor to buy a gun/lives in a country where you can't and/or a lazy shit with no gains.
>>
Dogs are loud, dirty, and smelly, they get disqualified on that basis alone. Nor do they maul babies.

Anyway, I don't want a slave for a pet, dog owners are so desperate for attention that they'll spend thousands of years selectively breeding them to be as obsessed and neurotic to please their owner as possible.
>>
File: PSX_20221116_214304.jpg (312 KB, 1096x1500)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>4356326
>lots of coping
>and the one thing cats do that dogs are still better at
LMAO pathetic
>>
>>4356326
>bullshit
>retardation
>seething druggie (you should be in jail until you can pass a piss test, you fucking degenerate)
>that's the point
>owner error
>6% of dogs, 70% of maulings
>owner error
Cats do nothing but spread a parasite that kills 750 people in the US each year while cat fans think everyone should have flawless hygiene in order to make it more feasible to let their awful "pet" roam (because it's not well trained or socialized enough to be in the house)

On the other hand, cats kill birds, which is based.
>>
i think dogs have gone horribly wrong. look at this magnificent creature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88EuvDoWHXc
handsome. healthy. not a loud barker. he's restrained, waiting until more noise is justified. and like a real animal the husky can hunt for its own food, and is known for eating backyard vermin. why can't all dogs be more like cats, I mean, huskies?
>>
>>4356372
Huskies are plenty loud when you put them in a noose and spray them with water

But then again, so are cats...
>>
>>4356372
Dogs require effort
Any type of dog that is advertised as low effort is going to be shit and any type of high effort dog will also be shit unless you put the effort in
Cats require effort
But theyre unilaterally advertised as low effort pets and the reward for putting effort into a cat is just that your house smells slightly less of piss and shit and your cat is slightly less annoying
If you want low effort, dont get a cat or a dog
If you can put some effort in, a dog is a much more rewarding animal
>>
>>4356311
I don't get it either!!!
I was at mt aunt's house a few years ago at Chistmas and her daughter, my cousin, wgo was a young teen at the time? Maybe?
She was supposed to clean the cat litter that was absolutely reeking and filthy.
She asked me to help and I felt like such a dick saying no but I also knew that I didnt have a change of clothes and it would probably weird to ask for a shower..
Cat people just smell like litter all the time I dont get it
>>
File: inline_image_preview.jpg (12 KB, 590x332)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>4355856
OP behind the screen be like
>>
>>4356428
>stinky catfaggot behind screen thinking jrts arent based
>>
>>>4356432
they are based. terriers are based unlike shit dogs like huskies and pugs for example
>>
>>4356502
My cat eats terriers for breakfast and feeds the scraps to his pet husky.
>>
>>4356512
cool story bro.
>>
>4356311
Cats originated in desert areas, and they aren't apex predators. Millennia of instinct saying "bury your shit or you'll get eaten" is a Hell of a thing.

But like OP, you're just here to shitpost.
>>
>>4356521
Ok..
But why have this paranoid animal bury its shit in your house???
>>
File: parrot_computer.jpg (25 KB, 520x313)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>4356428
more likely this
>>
>>4355856
Why do dogfuckers like yourself have such a chip on your shoulder when it comes to cats?
>>
>>4355856
some people are naturally submissive, there's nothing to understand
>>
>>4356722
Why do litterbox huffers reduce everything to bestiality?
>>
I used to defend cats but mine has been attacking me every day recently. They are like little tiny shitbulls
>>
>>4356665
because they're cute?
>>
>>4356502
yeah huskies might be some of the most useless dogs ever. Jagdterrier are the perfect dog
>>
>>4356766
Rabbits are much cuter , also shit in a box and dont make your entire home smell like cat ass and piss
>>
>>4356767
>typical husky hating dogfag: this useless dog isn't a mentally ill mutant that worships my feet. shitty dog. who the fuck wants an animal that wasn't born to love them unconditionally and obey them just because? pathetic. does your dog even have disordered behavior like herding autism or extreme aggression? no a fucking wolf can pull a sled your dog is fucking stupid it can open a gate but it wont listen to a command, and if you dont feed it for being a shitty dog it runs away instead of submitting. huskies are trash. not dogs. retarded wolves. huskies are garbage.
>typical huskyfag: that's my wife retard.
>>
>>4356770
Nah cats are cuter. There's a reason why they're the second most popular pet despite not having activities like dog. Carried by cuteness
>>
>>4356775
Don't hate any animals just think they're low tier dogs
>>
>>4356797
More likely the mind controlling parasite
Cats arent even that cute.. kind of awkward and basic looking
Catfags have bad taste
>>
>>4356804
People need to choose pets before they get them.
>>
>>4356803
You think that because you are a typical dogfag. Your idea of a dog is based on its qualities as a slave. Your beliefs are like the (((elites))) as they consider population control for anyone that isn't contributing to the GDP.

I admire huskyfags because they at least recognize that animals have and deserve free will and shouldn't be born and bred to be disposable farm/hobby equipment. However I am torn between being weirded out by the romantic aspect, and knowing that if I had a snuggly lionness I would probably be almost as attached.
>>
>>4356807
Catfags choose bad pets because they have bad taste
>>
>>4356816
Nah we choose let's first by their looks people buy cats for their cuteness
>>
>>4356830
Because you have bad taste
>>
>>4355856
>I don't understand why people like things that I don't like

Common symptom of autism
>>
>>4356838
Maybe. Cats are really cute though
>>
>>4356839
Some people like paying whores to shit in their mouths
>>
>>4355856
I've got a switch and a stick and my fists, I don't need a fuzzy penis compensator.
>>
>>4356326
They hated him because he told the truth.
The fact of the matter is no one needs, or maybe even should, have a pet. But I want one, so fuck you.
>>
>>4356859
You do you man, I just like when my cat sleeps on my lap and keeps me warm in the winter.
>>
>>4356859
Let them cook
>>
>>4356869
Your house smells like a whore shat in your mouth tho
Possibly worse
>>
if you come home late or sleep in the dog will shit on the floor

your schedule basically has to revolve around it if you don't like cleaning shit off the floor, and sure cats have accidents sometimes but dogshit is much much much bigger than catshit

also when you take them out you gotta pick shit up if people are watching or they'll get pissy

not to mention the random barking at things outside or absolutely nothing at all for extended periods

while dogs can be a lot of fun to play with, moreso than cats; the logistical overhead and commitment to owning a dog. cats are much more self sufficient and as long as you just clean the litter box now and then, let them in and out of the house and fill in the food bowls once a day they're good to go

I grew up with both dogs and cats, had my own for a while (no euthenasia, they all died of old age around 12-15y) don't own any pets at the moment, don't plan on it in the future, it's too much work. but the dogs were much much much more work and an absolute nightmare for a younger professional living alone (lot of cleaning shit off the living room floor whenever I came back late from work)
>>
>>4356877
Don't hate
>>
>>4356888
You grew up with very shitty people if you think cleaning dog shit off the floor is a normal part of dog ownership
>>
>>4356888
>if you come home late or sleep in the dog will shit on the floor
I have a dog and they don't shit on the floor but then again I'm not a lazy fucking manchild that thinks its acceptable or normal to randomly stay up until 5am and then wake up past noon without consequences. Grow up. Get a schedule, you fucking autistic baby. If I come home late they don't shit on the floor either. But I'm also not so fucking stupid that I would get a dog as a single man working a job with unpredictable hours. That's part of not being a stupid fucking manchild. If you work long or unpredictable hours and do not have a second person at home you can rely on, you don't get a dog.
>also when you take them out you gotta pick shit up if people are watching or they'll get pissy
You have to scoop the litterbox at least once day or your cat gets pissy. And by pissy I mean on the floor. Cats like clean toilets and while they stir up shitty litter they will not stir up the shit itself.
>not to mention the random barking at things outside or absolutely nothing at all for extended periods
Some dogs were bred to bark, but mostly it can be prevented with this rule: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST ONE PERSON FREE TO DO WHATEVER IN THE HOUSE, YOU CAN. NOT. HAVE. A. DOG. I wish this shit would be law because it's as good for the dogs as it is for the peace and quiet.
>the logistical overhead and commitment to owning a dog. cats are much more self sufficient and as long as you just clean the litter box now and then, let them in and out of the house and fill in the food bowls once a day they're good to go
It's the same if your house isn't filthy and you don't neglect your animal. I can't count the number of outdoor cats met my car.

>le young professional
See the dog isn't the problem you're just an incel wageslave manchild who can't have a dog. Cats aren't actually easier, there are just fewer social consequences for neglecting them. For me, they're not any more or less work.
>>
I don't get why so many beta people need to rank pets as if there is "the best pet". Some don't have space for a dog, others are allergic to cat hair, there are tons of reasons why some people prefer some pets over others. The real retards are those that think that their pet or a certain pet is "the best" and that others are stupid or worthless for having a different pet. If you actually think like that then you don't see a pet as a friend or extension of the family, you see it purely as a status symbol and shouldn't own any pet since you would not give a shit about it if it doesn't fit your very narrow narrative of what a cat or a dog should be.
>>
>>4356812
Take your meds
>>
>>4356903
this. dogs are based because they punish incels for being incels. no spouse? no friends? no space? shit job? no dog, or the dog will torture you. based dog. should have gotten laid and put a ring on it you fucking loser.

sadly they go to cats, throw them outside to be ran over or killed by other animals, and say "see? cats are easier". little do they know you can just let your dog out the front door and they become easier in the same way. don't forget, no collar, no responsibility :^)
>>
>>4356901
uhhh no, the dogs I grew up with didn't do that because it was a full family living in a house so kids (e.g. ME) could walk them before and after school no problem etc...

having pets when you're living alone and might need to stay in late at work or want to have any semblance of a social life and possible sleep in after a night partying etc... that's something cats are much more conducive for

if your daily schedule is extremely regimented and you can walk your dog every day at specific times then it's no problem, if you want any flexibility at all dogs are a recipe for disaster, or namely shit on the floor
>>
>>4356903
Cats are easier desu. I own both
>>
>>4356903
>>4356909
I live alone and work a lot
Paying someone to come in during the day and hang out with my dog a bit always beats smelling litter box
>>
>>4356918
You don't need a literbox. Cats can shit outside
>>
>>4356919
I acrually love the animals under my care so letting them fend for themselves like homeless people on the streets isnt an option
>>
>>4356922
I never said that though. They don't need a litterbox
>>
>>4356927
They do when you live alone and work a lot
>>
>>4356914
Cats are easier only if you neglect and abuse them.

>>4356919
You can leave dogs outside too with the right fencing. Of course they can't escape, when dogs don't come back people care. When cats don't come back people just get another cat. Why don't we see outdoor cat people escape-proofing their yards? Because they actually don't mind if their cat dies.

>>4356911
The cats, again, are not easier, you just don't mind abusive neglect when it happens to cats. Also your idea of a social life sounds pathetic and degenerate. Partying all night? You should grow out of that bullshit before you turn 18. It's disgusting. Pathetic. Childish. Degenerate. Hedonist. Filthy. By the time I was 17 the only parties I attended were scheduled weeks in advance, started after 8pm and the majority of people left before 12pm. Like an actual adult, I woke up at 5am anyways instead of sleeping in like a drug abusing bum. Your entire lifestyle screams "divorced twice and finally in a stable marriage at 35". Cats attract a lot of awful people without showing how awful they are until you finally look, and realize the cat isn't actually their pet, they leave it outside and what happens happens. Might as well share your neighbors dog. At least then someone will make sure the animal doesn't get sick or die horribly.
>>
>>4356929
Nope. I had my cat stay alone for weekends and they're fine.
>>
>>4356931
Cats can poop outside. Cats also can stay home alone for days. 99.9% you can't do that with dogs. I own both
>>
>Cats are easier if you leave them outside all the time
and then they shit in everyone elses yard, scratch their shit, fight other cats, and get ran over
poor people say dogs are easy and their dogs go insane being left outside for 10 hours

one is noisier but both make the world worse for everyone else and are basically animal abuse. if you're a degenerate party animal and wageslave without a real career you shouldn't be allowed to have a pet until you grow up. pets are for married men who get two days off and a steady schedule.
>>
>>4356933
Your cat is shitting and pissing somewhere in your house if it doesnt have a litterbox over the weekend
Youre just too pozzed to notice the filth and horrific stench
>>
>>4356936
>Cats can poop outside
I have hit such cats with my car by accident.
>Cats can stay home alone for days
They destroy your shit and make a horrible mess. I have helped catsit for such people. It's awful. Vomit soaked into carpets, claw marks on furniture, litter kicked out of boxes, piss soaking into the hardwood because cat 2 out of 4 didn't like how full the box got. Cats need constant supervision.

And the point stands the lifestyle that you base your entire argument on is PATHETIC. What the fuck is wrong with you? Grow the fuck up, "bro".
>>
>>4356940
Nope. My cat has never done that outside one time I accidentally left him locked in a room and the smell was obvious. Cat poops outside always
>>
File: 1654210566354.png (128 KB, 389x572)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>it's another "redditor comes to the cat website, gets mad at people preferring cats" episode
As expected of furfag tourists.
>>
>>4356945
Again, i actually care about my pets so leaving them outside to fend for themselves for a weekend isnt an option
>>
>>4356944
Cats poop all the time in backyard though. It's normal for my cat to do that. My cat doesn't need supervision. It sleeps most of the time and wants affection for a little while so i play with it sometimes. Cats are easier than dogs I've owned
>>
>>4356931
>cat people escape-proofing their yards? Because they actually don't mind if their cat dies.

fences electric or otherwise aren't just to stop your dog from running away, it's to stop them from attacking small children and getting you sued

furthermore, someone runs over a dog, it's a big fuckin production, cops probably get involved, repairs need to be done, the owner will be contacted about how this was allowed to happen

someone runs over a cat, they generally just continue on their merry way
>>
>>4356945
>my dog never pooped inside because i locked them outside
tier argument
Dogs locked outside get poisoned, cats left outside have an average lifespan of 2 to 5. You're abusing an animal and should not have pets.

>>4356940
Going by the description of his life
>any semblance of a social life and possible sleep in after a night partying etc.
he's a frat bro degenerate and these people are almost always acclimated to pure fucking filth.

>>4356946
OP is a baiting birdredditor trying to stir up dog vs. cat wars and I wouldn't be surprised if you were OP based on your shitty reddit image. This thread is currently about how degenerates mistake cats for easier when they're actually abusing and neglecting their cats.

Protip: Your cat isn't fine. I am feeding it and letting them sleep on my porch. They're basically my cat. If I didn't like your cat, they would be dead. Lots of people poison and shoot cats on purpose, many more die to cars and accidental poisonings, and many more die to birds of prey and large canines because cats are middle of the food chain animals. The simple fact is - you don't like cats. You don't care for them. You don't want the best for them. They're just convenient and you don't feel bad about the wrongs you do to them because in your mind it's just a cat. And you don't really like cats.
>>
>>4356949
You do you though. I'm saying that my cat can survive a weekend but my dog needs 100% attention
>>
>>4356952
>fences electric or otherwise aren't just to stop your dog from running away, it's to stop them from attacking small children and getting you sued
10 types of dogs are responsible for pretty much all attacks and of those, one identifiable type of dog that makes up 6% of all dogs is responsible for 70%, with the next 2 most dangerous breeds making up around another 20%. So you could simply get a dog that isn't a genetically dangerous shit or get one that's smaller, like a cat. Lots of cats are aggressive but if someone gets scratched or bit they just wash the wound out and go on with their day.
>someone runs over a cat, they generally just continue on their merry way
Get a smaller dog and this problem disappears.

It's not a rational decision. You just don't care if your cat dies. You don't like cats, you use cats as a matter of convenience, as a responsibility-free emotional tampon, BECAUSE YOU DON'T ACTUALLY LIKE CATS.

But you see, I actually like cats. And because of that all your shirked responsibility falls on me, and I feel bad and dont like what happens to the cats but there's too much for me to handle with all your neglected fucking cats. I have the extra litterboxes, I put out the food, I provide the shelter. Because I don't want the fucking cats to die, while you don't care and stay up til 5am getting drunk like a fucking degenerate.

If you can't take care of a pet properly, DON'T GET ONE.
>>
>>4356956
Are you a robot?
Youre not making any sense and youre contradicting yourself with every thing you say
>>
>>4356956
People have had dogs survive the weekend. Just let them out the front door. Sure they might die within 2-5 years but just get another dog. This is how dog owners in shitholes like mexico operate. If it's a small or medium dog just let them go!

All animals can survive like this it's just abusive neglect that makes the whole neighborhood worse for everyone else, while you get drunk all night like a godless degenerate.
>>
>>4356960
thats also how rural fucks operate. dogs do not stay in fenced yards, dogs are not kept indoors. dogs roam around town and come home at night. no one cares because it's a bunch of 25lb sheepdog mutts.

>but there's poop!
other dogs will eat it
>but the noise!
dogs bark, cats meow
>attacks!
if a 25lb sheepdog mutt actually hurts you, you were trying to do something to it. simple as.

just like outdoor cats.
>>
>>4356958
idk what you're projecting, I've had 3 cats, 2 dogs, all of them died of old age at home at 12+ years old. I'm saying dogs are much more intensive to care for, I don't think you disagree with me on that point, but you're trying to do some elaborate 'anyone without a housewife or who has a social life is a fucking degenerate loser and should not be allowed to own pets' spiel

I don't own pets. I used to, took care of them, it was fuckin hard at times, especially when they were older and having more medical issues and that was very expensive too, and after I saw that through, I don't plan on owning pets again because it was a lot of logistical responsibility; dogs much moreso than cats.
>>
>>4356955
My cats don't go past backyard
>>
>>4356959
I'm not I'm saying my cat can stay home alone for a weekend but my dog can't. Dogs need more attention than cats
>>
>>4356971
You also said you dont need a litterbox but you also dont let your cat out to fend for itself which means youre a contradictory lying faggot somewhere along the line
>>
>>4356973
By outside I mean poops in the backyard. Many cats do this lol
>>
>>4356974
I care about my pets so leaving them to fend for themselves in the backyard for a weekend isnt an option
>>
>>4356970
If this was how cats worked I wouldn't have had to explain to my kids why I ran over a cat. Nor would I ever see dead cats on the road. Or injured, sick and dying cats roaming around.

Lots of rural and third world fucks with free roaming medium/small dogs say "he stays in the front yard" or "he's smart and knows how to stay alive" and "i swear to god he lived to 12". Dogs don't need more attention than cats, they are the same, you just feel more responsibility with them and less responsibility and concern with cats. You don't like cats you just use them and don't care beyond that. Be assured you could totally let a smaller dog out the front door while you left to go be a degenerate drug addicted hedonist, but I think you would struggle with it emotionally, which is why you always kept your dogs locked up regardless of the risk they posed to other people.
>>
>>4356975
you do you man lol
>>
>>4356977
I guess the world isn't perfect. My cat only left the backyard once and that was her being used to the new house. But cats pooping in the backyard is an option because my cat doesn't go past the back yard and only goes out to sunbathe and poop lol
>>
>>4356978
Robot tier circular logic
>>
>>4356982
I guess but that's how it be with me. My cat stays indoors unless it's to poop or sunbathe
>>
>>4356980
I dont want a backyard full of toxoshits contaminating my vegetable garden
>>
>>4356986
If you eat meat or veggies you already have higher chances of getting toxo than getting it from a cat lol
>>
File: file-photo-black-cats.jpg (850 KB, 2500x1667)
850 KB
850 KB JPG
>>4356980
Dogs pooping in the front yard is an option because my dog stays on the front porch and only goes out to sunbathe and poop ok dogs dont take a lot of effort they can just stay outside while you're gone. my dog is a good boy who never barked at anyone who didn't provoke him ok.

Lots of retards say this but my brother in christ your 10 year old collie mutt is actually a new one with very similar markings, and well, your cat... you see when there are a lot of people neglecting animals like this they are used to getting along with multiple people, there are inevitably similar ones about, and your pet seems to live forever. "Animals fur just changes as they get old, its the same animal". People don't really notice.

https://www.newsweek.com/man-swap-wife-cat-identical-better-behaved-version-1645420
>>
>>4356987
the toxo is only in meat and veggies because of the cat. it can't reproduce in anything else. so either you have a puma shitting in your yard, or it comes from cats. without cats the parasite is a dead end and does not survive.
>>
>>4356989
Yeah cats pooping in backyard is something tons of cats owners are used to.

>>4356991
That's not how it works
>>
My neighbors with outdoor chihuahuas would disagree with dogs being high effort pets.
>>
>>4356987
>if you eat food its your fault if some retard's cat shit in it
This is why i shoot trap and poison cats without discrimination
>>
File: Snapchat-1953648288.jpg (317 KB, 864x1812)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
Fuck dogs. They smell like shit. They're clingy and annoying. When a dog locks me I feel like chopping it's neck. I got one queen and three kittens. I do my thing, they fuck around on the land. When it's time for feeding I feed them, and when I want to play or spend time with them I'll get the fishing toy or let them nap on me.
>>
>>4356995
Thats literally how it works, toxo
>>
>>4356998
That's not how you get toxo with meat and meat is the main way of getting toxo
>>
>>4356995
It is how it works. Toxoplasmosis gondii can only reproduce in the guts of a few animals. All of them are cats. In everything else, it migrates into the tissue to form cysts and waits to be eaten by a cat. Cats can be continuously infected and experience 0 symptoms. To them it is the most mild and benevolent tapeworm on earth. With no cats, the worms do not mature and lay eggs that can infect other animal. In other animals, particularly infants and toddlers, the parasite causes an illness with a high fatality rate. This is responsible for 750 deaths in the US each year.
>but the toddler should just have perfect hygiene serves them right for not washing their hands

if you let dogs, even harmless small ones roam, they do this same thing. The worm is called toxocara and only "outdoor dogs" get and spread it.

Outdoor cat faggotry is irresponsible. Your cat is worse off. We are all worse off. And the worst part is your cat isn't even doing its job of rodent control, because there are more rodents outside than a cat can contend with and they have lots of places to hide so it can't scare them off. If you keep a cat indoors only then will it control pests.
>>
>>4357001
meat is the main reason for toxo and it doesn't have to do anything with cats
>>
>>4357002
Cats shitting in the meat's food is why the meat has toxo
>>
>>4357003
Show me the source of meat and toxo
>>
>>4357002
>meat is the main way
Dude meat is over 50% of our diet but only 50% of the toxo cases. It's a 50/50 split between meat and veggies and god knows how much from basic hygiene failures that toddlers are known for.

>>4356999
You are an aggressive autist and that means nothing

Lots of equally aggressive autistic faggot say this
>Fuck cats. They smell like piss. They're clingy annoying mewling babies. Pathetic. When a cat purrs by me I feel like chopping its neck. I got one bitch and three pups. I do my thing, they fuck around on the land. When it's time for bla bla bla bla
Especially in places like mexico where people still have outdoor dogs, mostly small/medium dogs that are incapable of hurting you more than a cat could.
>>
>>4357004
Are you FUCKING STUPID? Toxo can not reproduce unless a cat eats the cysts from an infected animal and shits out the eggs. You can not get toxo from cysts, only from eggs. The eggs can only come from cats. The cats are the source of toxo.

Meat is not the reason for toxo. It's 50% meat 50% veggies so ALL FOOD, PERIOD, FOOD IN GENERAL, because cats are shitting where we make the food.

Don't even respond. IDIOT.

YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON
YOU KNOW NOTHING
YOU ABUSE AND NEGLECT ANIMALS
YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF CATS NOT GETTING TO ENJOY THEIR FULL 20 YEAR LIFESPAN
YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF 750 DEAD CHILDREN EACH YEAR.

IF
YOU
CAN
NOT
TAKE
CARE
OF
AN
ANIMAL
DONT
GET
ONE.

S T U P I D F U C K I N G N I G G E R.
>>
First, here's the attention you so greatly lacked from your parents and educators. Secondly, having such strong feelings of hate about any animal is mental illness, and you should not breed but that was probably never a concern.
>>
>>4357009
Based and doing whats best for cats and the environment-pilled

Reminder that indoor cats are happier as long as you play with them and get 2, and indoor-outdoor cats are only happy if you can for sure contain them in your yard (that means not assuming they stayed put while you were gone for 10 hours retard)
>>
>>4357009
Show me a source of how meat gets toxo
>>
I feel like im talking to am actual brain parasite right now
>retarded_cat_person.jpg
>>
>>4357012
https://www.cdc.gov/dpdx/toxoplasmosis/index.html
>>
the official story of toxo:

cat eats something with toxo
toxo is inside of a cat so it lays eggs
cat shits out eggs
now toxo is mixed in with the dirt

if plants have dirt on them they can have toxo in them
if meat eats off the gorund it can get toxo

if something that is not a cat gets toxo, instead of laying eggs the toxo burrows all over your body and goes for the brain and forms an inert cyst because in rodents, when it gets to the brain it makes them dumb so they don't fear cats. if something that is not a cat eats the cyst instead of becoming worms it does the same thing and infects their brain.

this kills young children.

this also makes sure the toxo can get to a cat so it can lay eggs. why? because god wanted you to keep your cat indoors. that's why.
>>
>>4357014
>Eating undercooked meat of animals harboring tissue cysts
Yep
>>
>>4357016
If cats disappear:
All toxo eggs end up in non-cats
Non-cats are just slightly retarded
Toxo never ends up inside a cat because no cat
Toxo does not lay eggs ever again
Toxo goes extinct
>>
>>4357017
If the cat was indoors instead of shitting outside, the meat would not have cysts in it.

>You should have perfect hygiene so my cat can go outside
Ok just have perfect hygiene and learn to abide by my outdoor pitbull

Keep pets indoors

if you can't, you can't have a pet. simple as.
>>
>>4357016
God wants us to burn all the cats
Theyre satanic
17th century france was right
>>
>>4357023
>People often get the infection from eating undercooked meat. You can also get it from contact with cat feces.
If cats shit in your backyard you should be fine lmao
>>
>>4357024
plague be upon ye
>>
>>4357024
Outdoor dogs spread toxocara. Instead of killing its victims it just blinds them in at least one eye. We stopped doing the outdoor dog thing. Even working dogs go back in their home when they're done herding sheep. No more toxocara. It's super rare, only hobby farm fucktards and poorfags who believe in the free ranging farm dog still get sick from it.

Can you imagine if there were decomposed dogshit mixed in with every available patch of dirt? Well that's how it is with cat shit, sadly, because these sociopaths use cats as emotional tampons and don't care what happens to them past that.
>>
>>4357030
Cats shit in every available patch of dirt. Trust me on this, your cat doesn't stay in your yard. Toxo only really kills toddlers who are known for their hygiene slip ups. Should toddlers get 10x smarter, or should your cat stay inside? Or maybe the animal haters who blast cats and dogs on sight are the ones who are really right here.

If you can not contain and control your pet you don't get to have one.
>>
>>4357034
Nah my cat stays in my yard because it only stays to poop and sunbathe. Otherwise, it HATES being outside, especially during the winter.
>>
>>4355858
I feel sorry for you and your cat that neither of you can be friends with a member of your own species.
>>
File: IMG_2838.jpg (364 KB, 1742x1182)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>dogs are food
>cats are food
>birds are food
Petfags seethe
>>
File: iv8o7brzfz471.png (478 KB, 640x633)
478 KB
478 KB PNG
>>4357560
tough words for being texas target practice, scaley.
>>
>>4355856
Cats are less messy though, it's more like having a fish. I won't ever have
dogs because I don't like shit all over the place, simple as.
>>
>>4357575
both will get shit everywhere if you are stupid
neither will get shit everywhere if you are smart

this filters a lot of /an/
>>
>>4355858
>>4355860
>>4355890
>>4355899
When did this meme start to get forced? Cat vs dog owner is a tale as old as time, nobody gives a fuck about bird owners and nobody ever will.
>>
File: cluck.jpg (217 KB, 1080x1350)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>4357582
>t.
>>
>>4357582
its just one mentally ill schizo forcing it
>>
>>4357582
last year, some anons noticed that by looking at deletion timestamps on desuarchive, they could figure out which posts belonged to people getting IP wiped and which posts they probably got IP wiped for. and they noticed a bunch of aggressive, bait-ey anti-dog and anti-cat posts had been disappearing along with the dog dick/dog pussy posts in /dog/. this led the anons to reason that someone was trying to make pet related discourse on /an/ worse because he didn't like any of it and in a fit of autism thought that if he went through enough proxies shitposting mods would ban pets from /an/.

birds are a fun scapegoat because bird posters on /an/ have a history of constant flagrant bestiality and mental illness (ie: vorefaggotry) and it would figure that a bestiality fetishist interested in animal A would have some images of animal B.

also a poster from /horse/ might have something to do with it because bestiality fetishists are rarely exclusive to raping just one animal and like birds, they don't have a reason to be loyal to either "side", as long as their animal is kept out of it.
>>
>>4357596
Or that some actual dogfucker is having a perpetual schizo episode to cope with how fucked up he is
>I have to hate dogs because I want to fuck dogs!
>No I have to hate cats because they are the opposite of dogs! I'm sorry dogs!
>No, I have to hate dogs because I want to fuck dogs!
Makes sense when you realize the go-to for dog hate schizos is accusing everyone of bestiality. It's already on his mind.
>>
>Cats hate their owners!

No, cats hate YOU.
>>
>>4357568
>implying any animal isn’t Texas target practice
>>
>>4357589
He’s on full damage control mode. I don’t remember the last time I opened or saw a birdfag thread that was anything beyond “post birds birds” or “this is an eagle”
>>
>>4357621
why would someone shit up threads about things they don't like and then not shit up threads about things they like? makes 0 sense
>>
>>4357596
So wait, you found out a random troll was also a literal dogfucker, and your first thought was birds?
What?
>>
>>4357637
>he doesn't know about the clinically insane finnish man
>>
>>4355856
Dogs aren't friends they're tools, just like cats are mousers.
>>
>>4357785
salami asylum inshalla my brother

Allhamlabia
>>
File: myfellowcatdogowners.jpg (77 KB, 1798x1200)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Cat bad dog good.
See you guys next week in the dog bad cat good thread.
>>
>>4357009
You agree that toxo is not to be blamed on house cats then?
That's the big dog cope
>>
>>4357857
>catfaggot circular retard logic
>>
>>4357884
outdoor cats / farm cats spread toxo, not house cats
>>
>>4355889
This.

>>4355891
>pretending the latter doesn't have a shitbull
cope
>>
>>4358019
Cats that eat and shit spread toxo
Cope
>>
File: seth and kate.jpg (129 KB, 1140x1429)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>NOOO STOP HAVING PETS
>CATS SPREAD HECKIN DISEASES SO YOU HAVE TO WASH YOUR HANDS
>DOGS MAKE HECKIN NOISE
>>NOOO YOU HAVE TO HECKIN RESPECT NATURE AND LEAVE THE ANIMALS THERE ITS BETTER THAN THE FREAKIN HUMANS AND STUFF!
>ITS HECKIN DANGEROUS TO KEEP PETS TOO OKAY!?
Nah. Pets are for chads.
>>
File: demographics_race.png (15 KB, 320x265)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>4358097
>>
>>4357633
My point is there’s barely any birdfags in the first place. The Jewish birdfag shadowlord meme is too forced and he’s retarded for doing it
>>
File: med_1470758959_image.jpg (57 KB, 525x500)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>4358313
>My point is there’s barely any birdfags in the first place. The Jewish birdfag shadowlord meme is too forced and he’s retarded for doing it
>>
>>4358318
>your brain on toxo
>>
>>4358146
ohh wow, it kinda correlates with the percentage of population
>>
lmao cats pooping outside in your garden where you are growing your food. enjoy your toxo vegetables
>>
>>4358355
that's a chart of what percent of which demographic owns pets brainlet
>>
>>4358476
>don't grow vegetables.
not a problem
>>
there's statistically more dog owners than cat owners you're actually retarded
my cat doesn't hate me and you fail to understand or treat them right because you're shallow and surface level in what traits you find admirable in an animal
>>
>>4355856
i like both lmao. I like dogs more as companions, but nothing beats a cat that jump on my lap and curls into a ball. I instantly feel better, the only issue with cats is that some might turn out assholes and you can't do much about it. My mom has a 2 year old cat and it's a cat with no negatives. Doesn't steal food, doesn't break anything, doesn't knock down anything, cuddles, talks back, never scratched or bit anyone
>>
>>4358774
>I instantly feel better
So cats are basically just antidepressants for you?
>>
>>4356300
>You hate them
>They hate you
It's that simple
>>
why are dog fags insufferable
>>
>>4361394
Why to catfaggots bring days old threads back from the dead to cry about dogs?
>>
>>4359051
only those that do this. a lot of cats are assholes, and that's my main issue with them. they're either a massive hit or a massive miss
>>
>>4361400
i just now used the catalog and searched up dog and it mostly had normal threads about dogs with the exception of this thread and another one seething about cats. Could you faggots please stop shitting up the board?
>>
>>4361404
>a lot of cats are assholes,
probably becuase they want to be left alone
>>
File: 1641561533269.png (53 KB, 667x684)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
Idk which I prefer
When a cat lets me hold it and pat it and it purrs I become really happy and want to hold it forever
When a dog is happy to see me and wants to play and then comes to me and sits next to me and looks at me in a really happy way I want to hold it forever
I'm pretty sure I'm actually autistic
>>
>>4361415
Btw I grew up with parents who hated cats and loved dogs
Also when I was 11 I tried to pat a cat but it hissed at me and scratched me
>>
>>4361405
This thread was near dearh
YOU are literally the problem
>>
>>4356311
My cat never uses a litter tray. She buries her shit in the neighbours garden like a good cat.
>>
>>4361463
I shot my neighbors cat and they didnt do shit
>>
Any pet is good, keep malding faggot
>>
>>4361485
Lowest iq post itt
>>
>>4356300
okay, well that is probably why they don't like you at all but you act like dogs don't shed or eat their own shit? also it doesn't take mystical powers to understand a cat, but if you try to take 'dog signals' if you will, and try to apply them to a cat, their behavior is not the same and does not mean the same thing. wagging tails means cat is angry, biting when petting means overstimulation (typically anyway). i love cats but they are giant autists and have a very unique set of behaviors, very different to dogs. once you understand that you will understand their reactions better. now will that cure your hatred of cats? ehh probably not but at least you will understand them. /end of blogpost
>>
>>4356270
AHEM
>>4356303
see the post above
>>
>>4356303
If catfags admit this then I ask: is this wrong? Is it wrong to like a pet because they’re pretty to you?
>>
Wait do cats actually make houses smell more than a dog would? I’ve only ever owned dogs but one would imagine larger more active animal being more odorous—that’s not saying my dogs smell particularly poorly
>>
>>4363775
>Eat their own shit
The thing is you are on /an/. Our dogs don't eat their own shit. Our dogs barely shed. Our dogs don't even stink. Because everyone here has an incredibly autistic husky or husky-collie mix that gets brushed twice daily and still grooms themselves. This is the board where people talk shit about america's 3 most popular dogs (labs, goldens, and german shepherds) on the grounds of them stinking and being genetically predisposed to eating shit.

Dogs are really a diverse species and it's hard to make a statement that describes dogs overall besides "they have four legs" and "they make woof and aroo noises, sometimes".
>>
>>4363803
therefore invalidating all the shit about mindless loyalty and just-because obedience because the autistic cat-like dogs like huskies and borzoi don't do that lmao

dog owners on /an/: cat people who are tired of cats being retarded
cat owners on /an/: bitter dog people with sour grapes syndrome
>>
File: komondor-card-medium.jpg (77 KB, 964x520)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>4363793
It depends strongly on the breed of the dog and the hygiene of their owner, and the hygiene of the cats owner. Good dog owners will keep a clean home, trim those paw pads, avoid odor traps like shag carpet, pick up and wash food bowls immediately after use, etc. There are some dogs that will smell no matter what. It doesn't matter how clean you are as a person, golden retrievers smell like a fat fuck that never showers. They were bred to live outside year round and don't have to worry about predators or preys, so they smell significantly worse than their wolf ancestors. And these are the most popular dog for purebreds and mixes... in the world. There are other dogs famous for having a mild, pleasant, or absent odor, largely ones with a strong history of being housepets and bed warmers and they are all much less common. People who own such dogs often insist on never taking a chance on another breed, and refuse to touch mutts. Can you blame them?

But all cats basically smell the same (stale dust odor) and it all depends on how well you manage the litterbox situation and whether or not you did the right thing and fixed your cats before they matured.
>>
>>4355856
I prefer dogs desu but the workload isn’t comparable. I got things I want to do and my life doesn’t revolve around my dog. With a cat I can go to work and come home and relax for an hour, get up do a quick scoop of her litter and feed her and I’m done for the day.

With a dog I come home and immediately have to take her out to pee and play with her for 30 minutes before taking her out on an hour long walk. Then taking her out to piss every hour ruining any flow I have going.

Cats are just infinitely more convenient while still providing fluffy companionship.
>>
>>4363816
On the other hand:
Full time work as a single man is a form of indentured servitude. Actually, indentured servants often had better lives. So should catfaggotry be a goal to strive for? Get a degree and a spouse, and suddenly dogs are fine.

>Every hour
Oof, small dogs.
>>
>>4363819
Kill yourself commie faggot
Not a surprise you lay with dogs
>>
>>4363820
Your granddad could have made as much as a typical wagie by working part time at a construction company. But he didn't, because he had a wife and kids at home to support. Now if you had that, your wife would work too, and the state would be raising your kids, because you make as much as your granddad would have if he were putting in part time hours.

Now, today, to be like your granddad, you need a degree and a more respectable position. But you still need a wife to have a dog. Know the difference between a hard worker and a sucker that digs ditches. Tech moved forward and ditch digger purchasing power cratered.

This isn't communism. This is what commies want to magically fix by stealing everyone's money. I'm just telling you that you are too poor to have a dog as a single man. You can have one if you can support a non-working wife, or if you manage to work hard enough to half-retire and start working part time like the good old days in the case you're an autist that can't maintain a marriage.
>>
>>4363819
My dog is 8lbs and goes out 2-3 times a day
That guy just never owned a dog
>>
>>4363820
he didn't say anything communist. single men with full time jobs are just wasting their time because the entire point of a full time job is to give up more of your time to support a family. otherwise you're working for... what? to afford doordash? to buy a new gaming computer? goyslaves. married couples are just more able to care for pets because the wife works part time or stays at home, and if the husband works full time it's fine because he's doing it for someone else. dogs have traditionally been a family pet strongly associated with marriage.
>>
>>4355856
My cats love to play. You're just a shitty pet owner who only sees value in an animal if is benefits you or does as you say.
>>
>>4355856
People just have different wants. Crazy, I know.

If people really wanted their pets to act exactly like humans, they'll get friends.

I don't even own a cat; I'm just saying.
>>
>>4363841
You got a cat to play with?
Do you have the intellect of an 18 month old child or something?
>>
>>4364381
why do you need to play?
Young children play, actual adults work
>>
>>4364381
I didn't get a cat specifically to play with it, no. They do require stimulation to be happy and healthy and not work out their energy on destroying your furniture or sprinting around knocking shit over. My cats chase laser dots, like to bat at string toys I bait them with, and one of them even fetches like a dog when I throw the little catnip mice and they're as calm as can be most of the time.
>>
File: 1648558224567.webm (325 KB, 608x1080)
325 KB
325 KB WEBM
>>4355856
>Cat's aren't friends
>Cat lays on my lap
>Cat wants me to pet her
>Cat will sit and stand for treats
>Cat will wait at the door for me to return
>Put bells on the door so she would stop clawing it
>Actually starts ringing them
>Likes to play
>Wants to sleep in bed with me
>Wants tummy rubs
>>
>>4363610
reminder that the majority of these threads are made by a schizo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.