[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do you let your animal sleep in the bed with you? If not why not

Just got a dog and I would let him sleep with me but my bed is small and I like to stretch out over all of it. I let him take my bean bag chair at night along with his bed though.
>>
Usually they want to sleep on their own beds. Even if I call them up on the bed they just pretend to sleep until they think I'm asleep and then jump off to sleep on their own beds.
>>
>>4352238
My cats decide whether they'd like to sleep in bed with me based on some unknown criteria. Sometimes one, both, or none. Sometimes all night, sometimes just in the morning. Who can understand the machinations of a cat's resting habits.
>>
>>4352454
>>
>>4352238
My cat lays on top of my chest to get pet and sometimes falls asleep until I need to get up or move
>>
No I do not let my dog sleep in my bed for multiple reasons. First, my dog is 65lbs and if it repositions itself anytime it's going to wake me up. Second, I don't want to feel like I need to change my sheets every other day because my dog has long hair. Finally animals in general get sick sometimes and I really don't want accidental vomit, piss or shit in my bed. I bought ny dog one of those kuranda beds like in OPs image and put it in the crate, and have all the sides except the entrance facing my bed covered. We have a routine at this point set and my dog just runs into bed when it realizes im going to sleep and enjoys its own space.
>>
As if letting your dog indoors wasn't bad enough. What the hell is wrong with people? Why would you do this? Who benefits?
>>
>>4352437
>they just pretend to sleep until they think I'm asleep and then jump off to sleep on their own beds.
that’s so cute. i miss having dogs.
>>
>>4352641
If you are a filthy fucking retarded poor "person" who shouldnt even be allowed to own a dog I understand. You leave your shelter mutt at home for 8-12 hours a day. They get dirty as fuck being bored in your stinky garbage filled "yard" that is at least as much shit and mud as it is grass. So you can't let your neglected dog inside. They're probably not even trained. And you definitely can't let them in bed. They are probably shitting out tapeworm eggs 24/7 because you chucked some mutt outdoors to "protect your property" (read: get heemed by a crowbar, while no one cares about the initial barking because they're used to your shitty mutt barking all day anyways)

But that's not most people on /an/. We are mostly well educated, intelligent people who could get decent careers that give us things like <7 hour workdays with hour long lunchbreaks. A lot of us work from home for most of the week and almost all of us make enough money for our significant other to stay home or work part time at the most, still other posters here ARE that significant other. So the dogs on this board are rather clean and well behaved, and are rarely heard barking by the neighbors.
>>
>>4352645
objectively dogs are cleaner to have in your bed than a second human. you are many times less likely to get sick from a well kept dog. for starters, having a regularly mowed, all-grass yard and a house nice enough to have a rear entryway will keep their paws pretty clean. but i towel my dogs paws off anyways. why not?
>>
>>4352652
i'm a tfwnogf neet with no income but yes my pets are very pampered and clean
>>
>>4352668
Humans secrete oil and spread disease. Humans leave an oily grime on things that is ideal culture media for infections. Why is your dog rolling in dirt? Can you afford grass? Are they outside all day? You could afford a hose and a towel right?
>cats clean themselves
Not immediately and not deeply. They lick themselves, with spit. They also walk through a litterbox. Despite that cats are cleaner and safer to be around than people, especially poor “people”.

>>4352671
Your parents income counts busdy
>>
>>4352668
>he fell for the cats clean themselves meme
LMAO
>>
>be dog
>get monkeypix because you’re owner shook hands with a faggot
>be dog owner
>don’t get sick from your dog unless you have aids or no immune system
>>
File: PXL_20221104_021810520.jpg (1.53 MB, 4080x3072)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>4352238
Absolutely. Good source of warmth and he really enjoys it. Usually I'll lie in bed and he'll sit on there for 10 minutes while I read, then he'll go off into the house to patrol and play on his own for a bit. Sometime throughout the night after I've fallen asleep, he's come up onto the bed and is usually lying on the adjacent pillow or next to my legs.

King size bed so no issues with room
>>
>>4352238
Yeah but all my animals are taught to get down and I have a bed on the ground for when I don’t feel like sleeping with them. When I work they also know that they can’t sit at the door and scratch all night. They’ll do a few scratches to see if they can come in and they’ll quit, funny enough when my alarm rings they get to the door and start scratching because they know it’s time. When I had my gf living with me they were at the foot of the bed
>>
>>4352238
so they shit and piss in the bed? no4
>>
>>4352454
This, sometimes I just wake up to her sitting on me and other nights she’s just cuddled up on this little bed I have on the counter to where the dogs won’t annoy her. I do know one of her criteria is the fact that when she’s with me my GSP knows she’s invulnerable. She’ll gets so jealous of my other dogs I know my cat makes her seethe with her special privileges
>>
>>4353308
Do you not potty train your dog? I understand not letting dogs in beds for hair or dirt but your dog shouldn’t be shitting and pissing in the house unless it’s sick.
>>
>>4353308
The fuck kind of dog you know shits where it sleeps? That's literally a common adage.
>>
>>4352238
They can be just as happy with their own space, and you can always get the best of both worlds by keeping them close

My dog's bed is just next to ours so I have him within petting range to the left and gf sleeps on my right

Dog loves it so much that he'll often lead us to bed in the evening, and for our part we've developed a mini tradition of singing him a little song when we get there

Inb4 furbaby. We will have human children, thank you very much
>>
>>4353341
Ok bro kill yourself
>>
File: 1668432256997.jpg (1.2 MB, 1341x1788)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>4352238
Sometimes. It's true that it's gross and I usually wash the sheets after but it's also pretty nice. Mine knows "off" to get off whatever furniture and "move" to rearrange and give me more space.
>>4352437
This is what happens most of the time.
>>
>>4352238
Personally I'm not going to when I get a dog.
I don't want to deal with the dog whining when I have to kick it out of bed, the fur and dander etc. They can have their own comfy bed elsewhere.
>>
dogs dont sleep the same way humans do, most dogs will wake you up doing random shit at night
>>
>>4352238
No because they'll wake up and get lost in the holes in the walls and come up through someone's toilet 6 months later.
>>
File: 20220806_000951.jpg (3.32 MB, 4032x3024)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB JPG
>>4352238
Yes, and I trained him to attack my girlfriend when she stays over
>>
>>4352680
>>be dog
>>get monkeypix because you’re owner shook hands with a faggot
The monkey pox dog was owned by faggots, got the disease around its asshole and had damage to its intestines. Those faggots were fucking the dog and no one wants to acknowledge it.
>>
>>4354249
this has been debunked
>>
>>4352653
Women confirmed to be filthy animals.

I agree.

>>4353308
Understanding that dogs don’t shit and puss where they sleep is key to understanding how to house train them.
>>
>>4354384
Too bad. I rebunked it.
>>
>>4352238
it is normal
i sleep with my dw in cuddles
>>
>>4352641
t. muhammed
>>
>>4352238
My shih-tzu prefers his bed, which is on an endtable so he's on the same level and can walk onto the bed if he wants. But it's really cold here in winter so he'll crawl under the blankets with me some nights.
>>
>>4352238
No cause I move a lot when I sleep and my dog likes to curl up really snug to me the few times he's gotten lonely at night, this is pretty uncomfortable to not be able to shift and move very much before falling asleep. Also he tends to shove me by snuggling closer and closer until I have a tiny amount of space which kinda sucks. Love the little rat demon to death but I cant stand trying to sleep near him so he gets his bed on the sofa.
>>
>>4354384
No it hasn't. The faggots were raping that poor greyhound.
>>
File: file.png (769 KB, 718x925)
769 KB
769 KB PNG
>>4354248
your dog looks like something straight out of a painting or a cartoon
>>
>>4353314
Dogs will mark beds to fuck with you. My brother in laws dog immediately runs to piss in a bed when he gets to my in laws house. He is not allowed to bring the foul beast into my clean home.
>>
>>4352238
Yes. It is one of the best things of having a pet. Buy a queen bed.
>>
My dog sleeps in a crate. I made it very cozy for him.
>>
>>4352652
I didn’t read that, and I’m not the guy you replied to, but you are a filthy bastard if you let dogs sleep in your bed.
>>
>>4353341
>Dog loves it so much that he'll often lead us to bed in the evening, and for our part we've developed a mini tradition of singing him a little song when we get there
This is incredibly gay.
>>
>>4357745
that's not the same as shitting
>>
>>4358057
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>4358063
Not /lgbt/.
>>
File: 20221118_074953.jpg (3.68 MB, 4032x3024)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB JPG
>>4357698
I know he looks like a pokemon
>>
>>4357698
Also thank you for the zoom in, I'm changing it to my steam profile Pic
>>
my cat sleeps on a towel at the foot of my bed. if i forget to replace the towel when changing sheets, he sleeps on a towel on the couch that he usually uses for naps. i have no idea what it is with him and towels but im not complaining since it makes cleaning easier, for comparison my parents' cat loves to cover freshly folded laundry with his fur.
>>
>let
>cats

They do whatever the fuck they want because cats are assholes who don't respect boundaries.
>>
>>4352238
My cat occasionally sleeps with me in my bed, although lately she hasn't been sleeping too much with me. My dog on the other hand isn't allowed inside my house, mostly due to the fact that she's huge and that we don't like the dog smell.
We tried giving her a blanket to sleep on but she just played with it.
>>
File: PSX_20221027_164132.jpg (268 KB, 1218x1500)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
My dog sleeps in bed with me every single night since he was a weeks old puppy
Hes cuddly and a great sleeper
>>
>>4361334
Yell me youre a brown third worlder without telling me youre a brown third worlder
>>
File: dogs.png (442 KB, 640x633)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
>>4358054
>I didn’t read that, and I’m not the guy you replied to, but you are a filthy bastard if you let dogs sleep in your bed.
Asylum salami my shallah. All ah who bacon car. Many 12 year old when kaboom durka durka.

>>4361334
Your dog suffers from a compounding issue, because for the most part dogs rely on a second dog to groom them. You leave them outside, so they get dirty, so you keep them outside, so they get dirtier. I feel sorry for your neighbors who have to hear the barking and anyone who has to interact with your totally unwashed dog.

Unless this is on a farm where there are dogs bred to live like that (pyrenees, golden retriever) and smell bad from the outset, you probably got a dog that has no place where you live, such as a city. Some working breeds can adapt to civilized life, especially greyhounds, but many have a temperament that is unsuitable or are naturally foul smelling (retrievers, mastiff breeds).
>>
>>4361553
the natural body odor of a dog tells you if it goes outside or not
>newfie, golden retriever, pitbull, boxer, bulldog, lab
that dog stinks, leave it outdoors
>collies, modern hunting hounds, poodles
kind of smelly, can come inside for a little while
>sled mutts, pomeranian, samoyed, shiba, akita
inoffensive odor, can stay inside if your home has ventilation and you clean regularly. no cleaning (your home or the dog) means things could still go rancid. brush daily for hair and odor control.
>greyhound, whippet, borzoi, chihuahua
kings and queens must have used these to warm their beds, almost no smell good or bad. terrible farts if they eat anything with plants thouh.
>>
A huge part of this is white people have a stronger body odor that is also doglike, so dogs actually smell good to them. Asians, africans, arabs, and indians will all tell you dogs smell kind of bad. And so do white people.
>>
>>4352238
People who don't let animals on the furniture will have animals who urinate and defecate on their furniture.

When my dogs are pups I let them sleep with me as soon as they show that they can handle pottying outdoors and not just my bed, they can sleep on the couches and floor too.

My dogs have never eliminated on my furniture as a result.
>>
>4352668
i come back a week later and my post saying sleeping with your dog is disgusting is deleted? the fuck is wrong with you jannies? is that trolling because i expressed my opinion? are the jannies dogfuckers? seems like it
>>
>>4361724
I got a 30-day for posting a ratting terrier with prey in its jaws. (((Animal Cruelty)))
>>
>>4361724
Don’t post patently wrong opinions then. It’s like saying eating an infertile egg is supporting animal cruelty. It could be, but could not be, your retardation is worthless.
>>
>>4357758
My moms cat weighs like 6 kilos and stepped on my balls when i was trying to sleep
>>
>>4361744
Found the dog fucker everyone!
>>
>>4358054
Go back to fucking underage ass Muhammad
>>
>>4352238
I don't have a dog, but I wouldn't sleep with my dog because I'm not attracted to them like that.

Also, it could be beneficial for them to have their own space like if they're sick or something.
>>
>>4352238
Yes, my dog is an assistance dog and one of his tasks is nightmare interruption, he can’t do that if he doesn’t have access to the bed I’m sleeping in. That being said, he isn’t in it all night, sometimes he sleeps on the floor or in his crate that is near my bed, with its door open, he can sense when I’m having a nightmare as long as he’s in the room and will jump on the bed and wake me up
>>
>>4352238
Yes I do
Half of the bed is now his
I chose this life
>>
>>4364365
Kek, does he use a pillow and kind of sleep like a human sometimes? My dog does that a lot these days and I find it hilarious every single time
>>
>>4364365
He uses my pillows and sleep like person yes
He’s sleeping sideways there
I just tuck him in because I felt he’d like that
>>
>>4364370
For >>4364368
Have another one when the other steals his spot
>>
>>4364371
He looks like a good boy, this is my cattle dog, he’s starting to have his mid morning nap

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.