[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: herding husky.jpg (60 KB, 480x513)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
edición de colloid de australia (cuck de ganadería y tipo spitz)

AKA el perro splotchy
>>
File: 1661905103083.jpg (385 KB, 1316x1114)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>4307431
los abominacion de californias...
>>
>>4307431
Pendejo...
>>
File: 9548459008.webm (2.87 MB, 600x1000)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
dog
>>
>>4307486
Dog are so dumb but it looks so pure that it makes you feel sad
>>
>>4307486
El splotchsky
>>
How do I get my dog to stop barking at every noise outside?

>car door slam
>bark
>leafblower outside
>bark
>ups truck pulls up
>bark

She will also bark and cry at any animal on tv. I’ve been trying to train with the “quiet” command (giving her a treat everytime she’s calm), but it doesn’t seem to be having any effect.

I couldn’t even get through Rings of Power ep 3 without her barking at the warg onscreen.
>>
I want one so bad bros
>>
File: 1661667076317754.gif (779 KB, 320x254)
779 KB
779 KB GIF
what tips or tricks do you have for getting a dog to like car rides? my puppy can't stand them, she loses her shit every time. so far i've tried riding slowly around the block to desensitize her, but she still freaks out every time. i tried to associate with good things but she refuses any treats in the car and won't play with any toy i bring.
>>
File: Isabelmedinaperalta.webm (2.93 MB, 598x336)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>4307431
el español spotted
>>
>>4307740
poor dog has a retarded owner, there's not much you can do
>>
>>4307740
I may be retarded but I call my dog over to me when she barks and tell her to sit next to me. If she keeps barking i'll lightly hold her muzzle. She's usually calm by then cus she likes having her nose held and cheeks stroked at the same time.
>>
>>4307793
Van life with her until she's desensitized.
>>
One of the few ways of getting a dog from the dog shelter without it being "fix" is claim that you owned the dog before it was taken to the shelter.

You just need falsify proof of ownership. I'm thinking about do that to get a dog. But I'm not sure how to falsify proof. My best idea is to take the dog out of the cage when nobody's looking and use a Snapchat background filter picture. Do you guys have any ideas?
>>
>>4307827
i wish, but it doesn't seem feasible. she's going to have to get used to it since she'll be coming with with me to work in a couple weeks. i hope that'll help but i really don't want there to just end up hating car rides.
>>
>>4307740
Ignore her instead of rewarding her for barking.
>>
>>4307857
Show them the study correlating neutering and autoimmune disease and prove you work from home. That’s what dead aussie bro supposedly did to get an intact female malinnoyance.
>>
>>4307857
What are they going to do if you don't?
>>
>>4307861
Idk about Eevee fag, but the people in my area are NPC types that will say it's against the city code or something.
>>4307915
If I don't what?
>>
>>4307920
Oops top was meant for >>4307885
>>
>>4307920
If it's not against the city code it isn't, if it is it is. Any other argument for neutering and spaying is pretty easy to BTFO. Even the lifespan one was debunked. Dog lifespan is not reduced in countries where neutering is illegal, because they still neuter very late in life if it is to cure disease. It helps that they are small countries and many of their vets aren't incompetent retards who instantly max out the anesthesia and kill peoples dogs like cheapo clinics in the US.
>>
>>4307920
Neuter?
>>
File: dogge doggebed.jpg (137 KB, 1000x750)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
this spoiled princess has half the bed to herself including her own pillows and her own blanket to lay on and she still ends up on my side every single night, and then she leaves when i roll around

do i need a bigger bed? i thought a queen sized mattress would be enough
>>
>>4307951
>Least weird huskoid owner
>>
File: 20220917_065331.jpg (2.7 MB, 4032x3024)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
>>4307431
I love this chimera motherfucker he prances around all day, harasses the cat and attacks my ankles
>>
>>4307935
They won't let me have a dog until it is.
>>
>>4307793
Just keep taking her in the car. Took two years for mine to not lose her shit the entire time.
>>
>>4307951
If you increase the size of the bed you increase the size of their spread. Be careful with bigger beds if you do not want a giant puddle of a dog.
>>
how the fuck do I stop a 3 month old puppy from attacking my feet? the whole "redirecting to a toy" thing works for maybe 0.5 seconds
>>
>>4308064
Foot fights are fun you pussy
>>
>>4308064
Show him his strength, crate him, give him a bone or chew toy? I'm guessing he is 4-7 months old. Do you, idiots just get a dog and know nothing about them?
>>
>>4308064
Take your dog to play with other dogs. He needs satiation if he's 4-7 months old and it needs to be with other dogs.
>>
What kind of dog is this?
:love heart emoji:
>>
>>4308102
Doodloid de la americanas
>>
>>4307969
Who's they?
>>
>>4308096
>dog is playing
>lock him in a cage
fucking dog people lmao

>>4308102
>soulless beady eyes and blank unfeeling face
it's a doodle
>>
>>4308108
The people who work at the dog shelter
>>
>>4308127
Just lie to them and say the dog got hit by a car.
>>
>>4308155
Wait they'll let me walk out with a dog?
>>
>>4308166
If they don’t tell them you are taking them to a vet for a vasectomy or hysterectomy because you have ethical objections to institutionalized animal abuse. If they don’t budge tell them you’re going to a breeder and leave.
>>
>>4308169
LMAO ok. I'll try. I'll first lie saying I'm taking it to get "fix" with a private vet.
>>
>>4308173
Why not just get a dog straight from their old owner? Normal people are more sensible and don’t always aimlessly mutilate animals like they’ll get pregnant from pollination.
>>
>>4308176
The shelter has a wide variety and it's hard to find someone getting rid of a dog that fits what I want.
>>
>>4308169
Apparently the shelter gives citations for failure to neuter.
>>
>>4308187
If they are not neutering them in house, you can get a vasectomy/ovary sparing spay (actually more ideal than leaving them intact) which is sterilization and no shelter would give a shit, or you can lie and say your friend came over to see your new dog, and they ran out and were hit by a speeding subaru driver who took off right after.
>>
File: 1663904644216.png (122 KB, 375x249)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>4308203
GAS GAS GAS I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
>>
>>4308176
Normal "people" all have swallowed the Big Vet propaganda of spay/neuter at 3 months
>>
>>4308232
Explain why it's so easy to get intact dogs that are years old off craigslist. Karens != normal. Normal people are
>muh joy of motherhood
>muh nuts
their heart's in the right place...
>>
jesus christ my normally 20 minute walk took 40 because i had to stop literally every step because my dog kept pulling. i think this training method might just be bullshit. she doesn't pull as intensely as she used to but she keeps trying to run ahead of me the second we start going instead of walking nicely at my side. im so frustrated since i just wanted a relaxing walk to destress
>>
>>4308267
pulling is good. buy a harness meant for pulling and reduce the amount of energy you need to put into walking. train your dog on directions, stopping, and starting and get a scooter or something.
>>
Anyone know if EcoEars is good for a Shih Tzu's ear infection? She just started shaking her head today and I looked in her ear and there's some reddish black gunk that she's sensitive to me pulling out. She had an ear infection once before like 2 months ago but I paid $200 for a vet visit and antibiotics and cleaner. And I really don't wanna pay that again for at least a little while.
>>
>>4307793
The first day I got my puppy it was an almost 3hr ride to the breeder, and it took about an hour of that ride for her to chill out, so after that I decided to do lots of short drives with her while only taking her to places that she would have fun. I'd take her to my parents house to play with my family, the hardware store where she always gets treats, tractor supply, the dog park, pet smart, conservation trails for walks. Also lots of treats in the car, fortunately my dogs got a strong stomach and doesn't get motion sick. That's about it though, I just started with fun places that were less than 5 minutes away and worked up from there.
>>
>>4307486
I love when they do that
>>
>>4307857
That's a pretty stupid way of doing it. What I see work for many people is they foster the dog first, since many shelters only require the dog to be fixed after being fully adopted, then if the person has a fenced in yard where the dog can't escape to reproduce the shelter is more likely to let them adopt the dog without it being fixed especially if the dog isn't adopting out very well. At the end of the day some shelters are better than others for that sort of thing and it will also depend on how much pressure the shelter is under to move dogs out if their capacity to take care of dogs is limited chances are better.
>>
File: border collie.jpg (133 KB, 1000x802)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Alright bros help me out here. I've been considering getting a dog (ideally a puppy) and I've set my mind on a Border Collie seeing as my family used to have one back when my mother and aunt were kids.
I've done some basic research and know that I'll have to get supplies for the puppy (food, bedding, shelter, safety, enrichment) and that I'll have to register it with a vet to get it's vaccines done. I also know that I'll have to spend a lot of time with it to get it to be comfortable and obedient with me.
What I want to ask you lads is what advice would you give to someone who's lived with dogs before but never fully raised one by himself? What important things do I need to do that I absolutely cannot ignore? What little things might I forget that are essential?
General advice is also appreciated - to reiterate I've no real idea how to raise a dog.
>>
>>4308434
Yeah don’t get a border collie puppy

Get an adult malamute. They’re easy.
>>
I know I know, gotta walk more often, but any advice for training a dog to go in a designated spot in case of emergency when I can't go out ?
She kinda ignores dog pee pads and such. Any links would be cool
>>
>>4308485
Dog door to fenced run

You’ll regret anything else.
>>
>>4308518
Not really an option for me, since despite it being ground floor, it's a shared house and I can't fence off the garden because me rentoid.
Sure it would be the best, she was even a villa puppy who'd bark when she wants out.
But not really achievable for me. I want her to learn to go to the plastic thing with the pad on it if she really wants to go outside of scheduled walk times
>>
>>4308524
Just go out with her?
>>
>>4308541
I mean yeah, but..
>>
>>4308544
Would you rather move your legs a little for 2 minutes or have shit and piss inside your house?

In other words, are you really a dogchad or are you secretly a cat person?

I can not imagine having an animal shit and piss inside my home if they’re not going to hit the toilet and flush it.
>>
>>4308546
Even though I've been a dog owner for about 16 years, I might secretly be a cat person after all O.O
You do make sense though, my dog herself dislikes doing needful indoors
>>
WHY IS EVERYTHING IN THE PARK HALF POODLE
>>
>>4307961
Peter!
>>
>>4308741
The soulless beady eyes and unexpressive shaggy face makes it easy to forget dogs have feelings. It makes training them properly much easier.
>>
>>4308434

expect the worst and prepare for it. hope for the best. that way, you'll have no nasty surprises. binge the following channel to prepare yourself. also look up activities on YT people with BCs do with their dogs to get an idea and feel for the breed and the lifestyle.some activities a BC would likely love to do would be nosework, Treibball, high level obedience, sorting games, running/jogging, dog on dog socialization and play, play wrestling with you, tug, fetch... look these up.you should want to do them and they should jive with your lifestyle already. BCs will need a lot of physical and mental stimulation every day. think around 2hrs of high quality engagement or more every day , minimum. playing grab ass and play wrestling and tug and running may be quite taxing in the summer when it's hot on you too. likewise, getting out at 0500 in the morning, in January, in the freezing cold to exercise your dog before work may be a bit much for some people. you and your dog will get dirty so you need to factor the cleanups in with your daily time spent on the dog. make sure you have free, open and safe spaces to do your training close by. it's going to be double annoying if you have to take a 30min car ride to get to a place you can let your dog run. also, properly CRATE TRAIN your dog from the first day they arrive.only buy high quality toys, leave the pet store shit be. KONG, Chuckit!, Collar, Starmark are what I use/suggest. Avoid plastic, use rubber and foam instead. it's easier on the teeth and gums and safer. same goes for dog beds, an orthopedic foam mattress is best. vaccinations are done by the vet, the dog will/should have a "pet passport" started by the breeder where those will be documented. "registration" may or may not be needed depending on the shithole you hail from. get the high quality food you can afford to.
>>
>>4308781
start housekeeping training for brushing the coat, trimming fur like sanitary cuts and paw pad and brushing teeth (softest medical baby brush you can find and PROPER technique!) as early as possible too. exposure therapy is the best puppy training you can do: take the dog to as many places as you can and expose it to as many stimuli as you can without making a big deal out of it: stores, car rides, bikes, other puppies, cats, other animals, all sorts of soil. get in as much off leash time in safe areas as early as possible too (while you could in an emergency still catch them), this will help a lot later. puppies are still growing so they are hugely food motivated. use food to "bind" them to you. make them work for their food by using their daily ration of dog food as treats in your training. keep training session short. 15mins is a lot for a 10 week old puppy and should be followed up by enough rest. you can increase the time as they mature and learn. keep them away from big/intense dogs that do not know how to dial the intensity down to accommodate a small puppy. you do not want your dog to get hurt and trampled during play. always try to match size and intensity level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zth8EQ-0z2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRz6crbrMMo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_b9lp69blc&list=PLHEIOCUOgvw8DaH9D-3AG_K1ZVG4K1rGJ
>>
File: 20220916_130215.jpg (2.34 MB, 4032x3024)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>4308743
INDEED
>>
File: 1640923337397.jpg (1.28 MB, 3158x1758)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Dog has an unknown ear issue, scratches and shakes her head a lot, don't trust the local vet. what do? heard zymox might be good, don't like the negative reviews. here is a pic of the ear. couldn't figure out how to transfer it from the ear camera to something usable so it's a picture of a picture.
>>
File: 1663977877239.png (131 KB, 725x385)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>4308784
>Brushing teeth
Totally pointless. See pic.
>Larry krohn
Dipshit weirdo that talks about dog balls too much. His training doesn't even work. I genuinely tried this guy for my leash reactive dog and fixed everything by doing the exact opposite of what he said. Apparently several anons have had bad experiences with training stuff that's particular to him being too hard on their dogs or slow to work/totally ineffective.
>>
>>4308917
Larry Kringe's training IS too hard on dogs. The older your dog is, the worse he is for them. A lot of dogs are smart enough to live without his brand of "structure" and are happier without it. Most dogs prefer an in between where they are never 100% yours but never 100% free either. Border Collies are one of those. In fact, a BC is much better with as little routine as possible because they WILL hold you to it and then when you are injured or ill you WILL be fucked.
>>
>>4308917
enzymatic toothpaste is a good idea for people too

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7835853/

dogs know how to brush their own teeth. you just need to help since kibble plaque is extra stubborn.
>>
what the fuck my dad just kicked our dog across the room. when I called him out he just got really defensive and said I was being an asshole and then threatened to show me what a real kick is. what the fuck do I do
>>
>>4308914
ear infections that aren't properly treated can lead to ear polyps, which in turn can grow into their throat. then surgery to remove it would cost 6 grand. I had to learn this the hard way
>>
>>4308966
Kill him and claim his throne.
>>
>>4308966
just lie to the police retard, they'll execute anyone for fun.
>>
>>4308966
are you a minor or something? if not, if you are an adult with your own money and stuff, take the dog and leave and never come back. your dad is a psycho...
>>
>>4308966
take off or beat his ass enough that he’ll be scared of you, only language people like that understands.
>>
My dog
>>
>>
>>4309177
Ate a mexican toddler, bad heartburn

>>4309198
On the look out for more toddlers
>>
>>4308434
>What important things do I need to do that I absolutely cannot ignore?
Get your dog accustomed to ignoring strangers and other dogs in urban areas. Also be a hardass with other humans - they should not be allowed to pet your dog unless they first ask for permission.
>>
>>4309177
>>4309198
He’s ugly and cute
>>
>>4309198
He cute, his snout looks too dysgenic to be able maul a child so thats good I guess
>>
>>4309374
>Also be a hardass with other humans - they should not be allowed to pet your dog unless they first ask for permission.
Absolutely fucking retarded and a good way to get karen to lobby her friends in the city to put your dog down when it bruises karen jr when surprise-pet. Your dog should welcome and enjoy totally random pettings and not be surprised by them. Collies, especially, because they are somewhat aggressive and nippy.

Your dog MUST always be ready to be pet at complete random and not give a shit.
>>
>>4309412
You Americans are fucking retarded. Petting a strangers dog without permission is something you just don't do.
>>
>>4309417
I thought having an aggressive shitheel dog was the American thing, with all the neurotic german shep-oids running around this country and how many people train them with beatings and shock collars set way too fucking high, but thanks for letting me know your country is just as retarded. I love news stories where dogs get put down because they snapped at and very mildly wounded a kid who randomly pet them, brushed against them, got too close, etc. It's even more entertaining when the dog was such a neurotic shitheel they seriously attacked the child, like the pyrenees that dragged a kid under the table for stepping on their tail.

My dog can be pet at any time by anyone and not give a shit. My dog can and will take their walks at any hour I feel like and not complain if they are early or late. My dog is calm in cars, in crowds, at the vets, at the groomers, in parks, and in stores If someone steps on their tail she does not attack them. Because my dog is intelligent and well trained, not an aggressive neurotic retard. If your dog can't handle any of that shit I really hope it gets put down before it breeds. We don't need any animals that bite people for touching them, and we don't need any pit-mommies making excuses for a dog that bites a kid for touching it.
>>
>>4309417
>your dog can't be touched for some reason unless you are actively managing it
>it's in public without a muzzle
>>
>>4309123
too autistic to live on my own for now but I've been making steps towards improvement. my mom has also been working hard to divorce him and take everything including the dog from him but the lawyers she's been working with are total asshats. thanks everyone for responding, made me feel a little better
>>
>>4309425
Why are pit owners like this.
>>
>>4309425
Told the same thing irl to an acd mix owner.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
How's socialization going anons? My bitch started off being snappy at other females but we worked though that with positive reinforcement. Only problem now is she gets super food possessive. She'll even snap at other dogs for drinking water from their bowl when she has her own.

Its so bad that when I go to equally reward her and another dog for doing a trick, only way to make her not get mad at the other dog is to feed her a treat, then feed the other dog and her at the same time, its getting ridiculous. Been thinking of locking her in the bathroom every time she tries her shit but i don't know if that'll give negative associations with other dogs coming over.
>>
>>4309573
You consistently do the equal reward thing (consistently, don’t let up) and they eventually stop giving a shit. Its caused by having their food/tit access stolen as puppies.
>>
>>4308787
Aussie Husky?
>>
>>4309412
No if you come running up to my dog with your gubby McDonalds stained hands and she doesn't like you you WILL be bit and you WILL be happy.
>>
I want to put this on my dog at the dog park

Should I bros?
>>
>>4309702
Do you want to get sued, or your dog stabbed to death in retribution, depending on how rich the injured dogs owner is?
>>
>>4307431
I'm reading The Art of Training Your Dog as I'm hoping to get a beagle puppy in the coming months. Any other good dog /lit/?
>>
>>4309579
Pomsky!
>>
>>4310063
LIAR

THATS A WEINER DOG
>>
I got a pandemic puppy he will be 2 in April
I'm just now returning to working full time so he is alone about 10 hours a day during the week
He seems to be coping quite well.. I haven't got any noise complaints but he does get sad and hide when im getting ready to leave
Any way to make him less sad?
>>
>>4310080
Stop being gone 10 hours a day. Americans lives are grim.
>>
>>4310063
Sausage dog
>>
File: Nazsky!.jpg (449 KB, 1000x1333)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>4309417
>>4309374
my dog gets pet with and without permission and she loves every minute of it. she's a certified cuddleslut.

>>4308917
i can't even finish that beardo's videos. the KRINGE is overwhelming at times...
>>
>>4310095
Ehh it's worth it
I make 6 figures in 6 months and then spend a year on pogey at my beach house
>>
File: PSX_20220925_115158.jpg (337 KB, 1500x845)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
His preferred bed is a $700 -20 arctic down sleeping bag
>>
>>4310063
Vile crossing.
>>
Dog hard
>>
>>4310170
behold, a man
>>
>>4310170
>File: GridArt_20220925_142326575.jpg (1.87 MB, 1440x1440)

who the fuck came up ith that bark/wood soil for dog parks? some jew for sure. I've seen a half dozen get pad injuries from it in my time since they put this down in one dog park. absolute horseshit.

>>4310107
worth it/10

>>4310105
>>4310080
10hrs is harsh. maybe try bringing the dog with you...

>>4310098
Spit type sledcuck: Huskoid

>>4310063
waste money on gimmicky clothes? I hope your food s the best you can get already?!?

>>4309899
you can not replace hands on dog experience with literature. you need to go and see, watch and interact with dogs. you should try to volunteer with a shelter or some such.

>>4309702
I now want to make one from cosplay foam rubber that's even more extreme and then go to the dp and watch the Karens assplode. oh wait. >>4309702 is a KAREN!
>>
>>4310322
That's called "I'll rent or borrow a wood chipper and get rid of these damn trees"
>>
>>4310363
wtf
>>
>>4310363
>Giving women rights
>Letting women handle weapons
>Letting women hunt
>kills a well fed and groomed family pet that was probably from a house 500 yards away because "omg muh pred-et-ers are hurting hobby farm moneys"
Women are psychopaths. They are not capable of empathy or moral culpability. Every single culture and religion on earth says they need to be subjugated. And here, you can see why.
>>
>>4310363
when a bitch has a face like a tranny linebacker it's a sure sign she's a psychopath

if that was my dog i'd cut off her hands so she couldn't hunt again.
>>
>>4310363
republitard hunters are well known for shooting huskies even on walks with leashes and flashing collars attached. they think "dayum cowboy why them DNR commies spending our tax dollars on light up wolves? darnit" remember political affiliation in the US determines IQ, and the IQ of republitards is extremely low while democrats are just slightly above retarded. the only intelligent ones are the jews pulling the strings.
>>
File: 2022-09-18 11.55.08.jpg (339 KB, 1000x1333)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>4310322
>Spit type sledcuck: Huskoid
Surely you aren't going to insult my own dog without posting your shop rag type cattlecuck australoid, right?

>>4310363
>rednecks can't tell their sister from their cousin
>expecting them to tell a husky from its cousin
come on m8
>>
>>4310363
if this is real, can't they just be found and dealt with? I'm not in the US so it's pointless but in today's MEAT, there should be consequences for shit like this. say tie her up, insert a water immersion heater into her and wait a bit...
>>
>>4310420
Now this is what I call a killing fetish. Just post your dog.
>>
>>4310423
nobody said anything about killing my man... in fact, the very point was to AVOID death...
>>
>>4310426
Cringe nodog.
>>
>>4310390
He can’t, she’s ded.
>>
>>4310363
oh my god it's actually real
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hunting/comments/xn7s4a/guys_i_cannot_make_this_up_this_girl_shot_and/

imagine being the owner of that husky and seeing pictures of it fucking SKINNED on facebook
>>
>>4310582
It was a wild, abandoned dog that was there with a whole litter. People only give a shit about this one cause its a husky.
>>
>>4310596
so they shot a puppy mother and did what with the puppies? nope. doesn't matter what breed it was. beagle, GSD, Lab, Poodle... you shoot any of these and we stake you over an ant hill. or the immersion heater. whatever is on hand.
>>
>>4310601
look, i'm not defending this retard but whoever dumped those huskys there did not want them alive.
>>
>>4310604
hey, no big deal, we can stake the owner to a tree for the crows and wild pigs too. no problem...
>>
File: 1660314134997362.png (390 KB, 500x500)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>4310605
based
>>
>>4310107
Chihuahua terrier mix? adorable. they love to nest
>>
So I'm looking after a neighbours Dachshund, and the little bastard keeps picking fights with my dog. My dog is about fifteen times his mass and if she wanted to she could probably bite him in half.
She's only 2 years old and she's still basically a puppy. She gets excited and pounces at the smaller dog, and he seems to interpret it as a fight and attacks, and makes a LOT of noise about it. She doesn't seem to know what to do with him at that point and she grabs him with her paws and growls a bit until either I break them up or the sausage calms the fuck down.

It's usually not food, he'll snap at her if she tries to steal his food but she doesn't escalate it. It only really happens when she gets excited and tries to play.

Any tips on how to deal with this?
>>
>>4310658
>Any tips on how to deal with this?

keep the smal dog safe you retard? keep them seperated if nothing else.
>>
>>4310663
ur so smart anon I never would have thought of that.
>>
>>4310601
At least that husky is in doggy heaven with eevee now, murder fetish anon.
>>
>>4310596
>Someone abandons their dog because its pregnant
>Lol better kill it, there are already pitbulls in shelters that need homes!
In reality it is better to save the husky and shoot the pitbulls the shelter was nice enough to confine all in one spot.
>>
>>4310838
Some people hate huskies like you hate pitbulls, genius.
>>
>>4310839
There are idiots on /an/ who mistake dogs with wolves so yeah
>>
>>4310839
>Oh so you hate black people? Well there was one murder in japan two years ago, idiot!
Anyways women don't have valid opinions and they don't always tell the whole truth so I simply don't listen to them. It's not a productive use of my time.
>woman: those aggressive dogs dug under the fence and ripped my baby apart for no reason!
>her husband: my retarded son stuck his arm in a sock holding a dog treat and shoved it through the fence.
>>
>>4310849
>husky attacks a child and rips its ear off
>every excuse in the book comes out
like clockwork.
>>
>>4310852
I will not care until you can find a statement from her husband, sir. If he can corroborate her story, then it is sad, and that particular dog should have been put down for disordered behavior.

However, regardless of isolated incidents, the statistics are clear. While one dog averages less than one fatal mauling per year to be blamed on operator error such as woman ownership, the pitbull averages over 30 for no discernible reason, so it is clear what the rational course of action is my brother in islam.
>>
>>4310855
lol
>>
>>4310855
one is still one too many. both are shit tier
>>
File: tdwml3jgkc271.jpg (153 KB, 1241x1549)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>4310857
This is the future you chose when you gave them rights.
>>
>>4310859
>One is too many, dogs are shit tier!
Here we go again
>Pitbulls: mauls regardless of owner
>Rottweillers: mauls regardless of owner
>German shepherd, mastiff: mauls with less strict owner

>All other dogs: Mauls with abusive and neglectful owner
>let's see this owner then
>every single time, it's a...[boomer, woman, you know]
>>
>>4310863
>All other dogs: Mauls with abusive and neglectful owner
>let's see this owner then
>every single time, it's a...[boomer, woman, you know
prove this with huskies
>>
>>4310865
Here
>boomer owner
https://www.walb.com/story/16679796/dog-attacks-3-yr-old-girl/
>wagie owner
https://farahandfarah.com/blog/teen-attacked-by-two-australian-shepherds/
>fr*nch canadian owner
https://www.lowdownonline.com/post/another-dog-attacks-young-boy
>>
>>4310867
i need more child blood
>>
>>4310867
>Can choose from dozens of published studies on dog ownership on pubmed/something similar.
>Links news stories like he's a fan of pitbulls from Serbia.
>>
File: s627dpi48.jpg (13 KB, 236x302)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>4310870
>do you have a soientific source?
No, but I have this picture of a husky begging for more virgin sacrifices.
>>
huskies are too weak and puny to kill anything but an infant eitherway
>>
>>4310874
by allah they are not puny enough, we must go smaller so i can trust my wife at home with a child and dog
>>
>>4310867
collie type sisters, not like this…
>>
File: 20220902_210812.jpg (3.83 MB, 4032x3024)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
>>4310322
The Pete gets fresh boiled chicken breast and thigh, with lima beans, corn, green beans, broccoli, carrots and peas with a dish of olive and fish oil! And then he snacks on the Hills Science diet, I just took him to the Dr's he's 17 lbs and in perfect health!
>>
>>4311001
A dash*
>>
>>4311001
You've made a terrible mistake. Whatever is posted on 4chan is saved by 3+ archives plus independent autists running personal scrapers.

Time to get a new phone number before the europoor collie molester and texas dog butt bandit overwhelm your voicemail.
>>
File: hi.jpg (80 KB, 640x500)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>4311009
>tell me what you're wearing
>>
File: naked husky.jpg (35 KB, 435x580)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>4311017
>i'd better not say
>>
>>4311032
Shaved dog =/= Naked
>>
>>4310857
This whore should be raped 50 times, decapitated and raped 50 more times.
>>
File: 1664219508212.png (77 KB, 254x155)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>4311057
>son, why do you have naked dogs on your computer?
>they're not naked mom i can explain
>why are they all huskies? Are all of these girls?
>MOM ITS AN INTERNET MEEM ;_;
>Well I can't blame you for not wanting to see dog balls. Now, what's in dontclick? A folder called "homework"? Well I might as well make sure you're doing your schoolwork
>MOOOOM NOOOOO
>jeff oh my god
>>
Should I adopt? What am I in for?
>>
>>4311343
Another pic of her. I'm guessing doberman husky mix but I'm not sure.
>>
>>4311347
Lab/pitbull, killed their cat in the most gruesome manner possible
>>
>>4311356
I thought they rangebanned you
>>
>>4311001
Comfy house reminds me of my old multi-family.
>>
File: thinking-face_1f914.png (24 KB, 160x160)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>family breeds are extremely horny
>>
>>4311368
Nice. What family? I'm in the market for a companion.
>>
>>4311347
>Husky mix
Anon, I…
>>
>>4311347
Who’s gonna tell him?
>>
>>4311446
>mixing the two most aggressive breeds
Oh no!
>>
>>4311347
Given the Doberman, it actually looks like an Austrian Pinscher.
>>
>>4311449
Blue Heeler and pit bull?
>>
>>4311349
Found the dog bites.org worker. How the fuck do you see lab and pit?
>>
File: fixed-aussie.jpg (134 KB, 783x1280)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>4311446
It's still a spitz so it will look like a spitz mix either way.
>>
>>4311459
Aussies aren’t spitzes.
>>
>>4311461
Yes, they are. They are ultimately descended from viking herding dogs. All collies are spitzes, but not all spitzes are collies.

Even the "german shepherd" is descended from spitzes and is for all intents and purposes as much of a spitz as any other. The only reason it isn't a spitz is to make more arbitrary distinctions within kennel clubs, and prevent people from realizing that a good collie or shepherd is just an even more autistic spitz.
>>
>>4311463
Collies are there own class of Herding dogs.

Fact of the matter is Aussies are more related to livestock guardians of the Pyrenean mountains (based on genetic sequencing and testing for markers)
>>
File: download.jpg (60 KB, 645x380)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>4311463
we must reject modernity and return to spitz!
>akita, malamute, and samoyed somehow all spitz despite being distantly related and several being mutted up with the local wolf species
>european herding dogs somehow not spitzes despite direct line of descent
>>
We wuz mastiffs n shieet.
>>
>>4311466
There is no direct line of descent. Samoyeds are distantly related to Aussies and that’s based on dna shared with the Icelandic Sheepdog not the Aussie.
>>
File: same dog.jpg (61 KB, 900x500)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>4311464
Being a spitz mutt doesn't make them no longer a spitz. Collie is spitz with floppier ears, and australian shepherds are for all intents and purposes spitzes.

Once you are in the spitz club you can never leave. You will always be an honorary aryan.
>>
>>4311470
I accept the title I’m just saying collies made their own history and distinctions. Fair enough.
>>
>>4311472
That's like trying to say anglos aren't north germanic people because they're mutted up a bit with west germanics and the odd gaul and med, and they're a little more autistic and dog-like than the average scandi, but they're still north germanic people in the end.

"Collie type" = anglo spitz
>>
>>4311464
what did you blank out under collie? tell the truth glowie
>>
>>4311474
It's actually the Bearded Collie; I was able to trace them back to 1514 where three Polish Sheepdogs were brought to Scotland for Roman herders but beyond that, I can't say much besides they share DNA/Genetic Markers with the Collie.
>>
>>
>thunder storm
>previous dog
>cower, hide, and shake until its over
>current dog
>demand to be let outside so that he may bark back at the sky
>>
File: We Wuz Wvlfz.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>4311496
Mighty WVLF Defying Odin
>>
>>4311446
Tell him what?
>>
File: carea-leons.jpg (75 KB, 750x588)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
AS ears are floppy and (B)C ears are erect. mostly. outliers exist and are not that rare but they are outliers.
>>
>>4311001
Get him some comfy harness. The heck is that?
>>
>>4311606
Define comfy, better yet link some consoomer harnessi.
>>
Dalton loves his crate so much.
>>
>>4311793
>i WILL live in ze pod
>i WILL ear ze bones
>and i WILL be happy
>>
>>4311796
>coming to inspect your comment
>>
>>4311800
>consensus: papers please juden
>>
>>4311803
>>4311800
Does your dog have deformed eyelids?

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/eyelid-ectropion-in-dogs
>>
has anyone seen how dogs react to other dogs dying?
not thinking of accidents, just waking up to find the old dog dead in bed and the other dog finding out about it

also been wondering how a dog would handle seeing a dead dog being buried
>>
>>4311809
No.
>>
>>4311812
both dogs and cats try to wake them up initially

this last longer in dogs and segues into visible anguish and depression. they will stay near the body, look for what killed them, and even guard it. cats quickly accept that the body is an empty shell and consume it. it can take dogs days to weeks to accept that the body is an empty husk, usually when it begins to rot.

scent seems to drive the threshold of identification for them. when you stop smelling alive, they give up on you. you smell like something else and clearly are not coming back. this is the same reason animals will eat necrotic toes off of diabetics while leaving the rest of them alone.
>lmao why do you have food glued to your foot?

there are very few species that are simultaneously smart and stupid enough to think a body has something special to it even after it dies. usually ones with a strong limbic system and weak prefrontal cortex. as long as the dead are identifiable in some way, those creatures feel they are actually still alive.
>>
I’ll ask the vet when I go next week, he gets mucus often versus my other dog which I just wipe once in the morning but I have to wipe him a few times a day to get rid of tear mucus.
>>
I never realized the dimorphism among goldens was so pronounced. My girl's has that classic look you see on TV all the time but all the males I've met, even the younger ones are all blocky and stout.
>>
>>4311606
So he no longer has the harness, he ripped out of it and almost got hit by a car so I tore it in half; an old man I met in the park in my town has the same harness for his Corgi Jake so it makes me worried
>>
>>4311850
dimorphism isn't meant to be super strong in dogs. it gets stronger when people start breeding for manlier looking dogs because the males are most strongly affected at first until you go full mastiff.
>>
>>4311868
>Great Pyrenees rapes Husky
Surprise! Aussie!
>>
>>4311886
You sure you got the order correct?
>>
File: extra retarded.jpg (785 KB, 1600x1066)
785 KB
785 KB JPG
>>4311886
*100 generations of inbreeding*
And now, it dies if it touches ivermectin.
>>
>>4311890
Why do you have that saved?
>>
>>4311895
>Still using ivermectin to deworm dog like it’s the 1930s
>>
File: peipei.jpg (119 KB, 637x651)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>4311896
reference material for a $5200 commission.
>>
>>4311895
at first i wondered why australian shepherds ranked so low on "obedience intelligence" if sheepdogs are meant to be biddable and loyal to their masters, so they follow orders. and then i saw this face. jesus christ. FAS dog. it looks like a goat.
>>
>>4311898
Ngmi
>>
>>4311898
Drawing art by hand in ‘22, I’ve sold so generated NFTs for that much
>>
>>
I'm gonna take my dog to the vet here soon but I was curious if any of you might know what this is.

My dog keeps aggressively scratching and biting the top of his butt. So not his butthole but kind of near the lower back near his tail. I've scourged for fleas to no avail and given him a deep oatmeal bath but he's still scratching there. Could it be worms? Vet has told us before that he has allergies as well and with the weather changing to cold fall weather I'm thinking that might be a cause.
>>
>>4311898
Yeah I have lots of references that were for commissions also
>>
Why do huskies smell so bad? Their stench is awful. I’d rather bury my nose in a komondor.
>>
File: 342234423.jpg (23 KB, 633x364)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>4311924
Sounds like that dog is having massive butthurt.
>>
>>4311897
ivermectin was discovered in 2015 ya tard
>>
>>4312043
because huskies love to eat and roll in shit and their shitty coats are rough and feel like shit to pet. they pick up dirt like fly paper and are generally closer to walking trash than dogs. they're also dumb as fuck. HUSKOIDS are the worst dogs. if collies are spitzes, HUSKOIDS are just primitive cave-dogs that failed to evolve into collies.
>>
>>4307793
¡MUY BASADO PERRO!
>>
>>4312171
Siberian Huskies are considered a 'natural' breed. They are remarkably self-cleaning and often need only a few baths a year, unless being shown in conformation dog shows. Weekly brushings help keep the coat and skin in good condition. Siberians have a double coat'¿an undercoat, and guard hair.
>>
>>4312232
Naturally bad smelling. Baths are pointless, they just smell worse after
>>
File: mahboy2.jpg (3.57 MB, 2668x3556)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB JPG
>>4311343
>>4311347
A good'ol time once she gets settled in after a few months.

Honestly its always hard to tell, best to take 2-3 weeks off to settle the dog into your routine/habits if possible.

I picked up this goof(rott/husky) off from canadian craigslist and hes been with me for 4 years. A real shit disturber for the first few months.
>>
>>4307740
>I couldn’t even get through Rings of Power ep 3
>watching niggered pozzed lotr
Ngmi
>>
>>4312262
You see pozzed lotr, I see pozzed genre for neck beards. We are not the same.
>>
>>4312242
Reminds me of my sister's German Shepherd. There is no amount of soap and lather that makes that dog smell like anything other than a stinky dog.
>>
>>4312274
Yes, that is exactly what huskies are like. They smell awful. Even worse actually
>>
>>4312256
Thx I was worried when an kept saying it it was a pit doberman. Sadly I won't be able to take the next few weeks off but I can be with her 22/7.
>>
>>4312256
>husky fucks a rottweiler
>surprise! black and tan australian shepherd!
>>
>>4312364
Kek, I was going to post that mix. I made the Pyrenees husky mix post earlier. Pretty interesting to see how Aussies are descended from Collies, Mastiffs, and Spitzes.
>>
>>4312256
Beaut, looks like a Kelpie.
>>
File: 1664252347015.png (6 KB, 176x195)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>4312365
>spitzes, mastiffs, and spitzes
well that explains their propensity for injuring children
>>
>>4312367
Blue Heelers must be stopped.
>>
>>4312367
>>
>>4312368
now that you mention it, that explains why they're called australian shepherds. they just saw all the injured children and thought the dingoids were at it again.
>>
>>4312242
>>4312232
>>4312171
>Baths are pointless, they just smell worse after

for healthy, well fed, well groomed dogs I'd ahve to agree. you wash off their natural fur and skin bacteria, they kinda get more prone to catch something else that could make them smell worse. ofc, you need to wash of the cow or horse poop, the dead deer or the cat shit your dog may have rolled in. but otherwise, a good brushing a few times a week, a good face wash with a warm wet microfiber cloth and hosing down their privates after shits is the way to go imo. if your dog smells, go see a vet to check their teeth and skin for infections...
>>
Should I use the same shampoo as my BW?
>>
>>4312365
>Pretty interesting to see how Aussies are descended from Collies, Mastiffs, and Spitzes.

why do you care so much about that and why have you not researched it more in depth than? the BC-AS-ES connection is where I'd start....
>>
>>4312420
Because Aussies are good guard dogs.
>>
>>4312409
You fell for weak bait but posted something even dumber
>hosing your dogs ass after a shit
Anon why are you so concerned with keeping your dogs butthole clean? WHY?
>>
>>4312420
>BC, ES
spitzes
>AS
pyrenean shepherd-spitz mutt (not a great pyr, sister breed, convergent evolution with herding spitzes, AS is still basically a spitz)
>>
>>4312427
OH, its the malinois creeper.
>>
File: Bidet_Ego_Kolo.jpg (35 KB, 600x383)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>4312427
>You fell for weak bait but posted something even dumber

what exactly is dumb iyo here? thx.

>>4312426
>Because Aussies are good guard dogs.

how exactly? they are too smol to scare anyone. I doubt even a farm raised AS would have much game even against a 'yote...

>>4312430
is this:
>>4311478
>I can't say much besides they share DNA/Genetic Markers with the Collie.
you? I appreciate you taking the piss out on taxonomy and I've had a good laugh but it has worn thin now... thx anyway.

>>4312437
hey, who am I do keep you cunts from enjoying your dog running around your home with literal shit on their ass. fuck, you and your gfs probably do it too...
>>
>>4312454
If your dog needs their asshole hosed feed them fiber. No one has gotten sick from not doing this. No one but you does this and it sounds like you have other motivations. Hey, do you even have a dog?
>>
>Dogless herding dog weirdo who gives bad/comical advice calls huskies “huskoids”, insult based on negroid/whitoid
>explains it away as a classification for husky like dogs
>based anons reclassify the dogs he simps for as spitz type colloids while still calling huskies huskoids
>now he doesn’t think his “joke” is funny anymore because noooo my fursona isnt a spitz!
when the toxofag troll becomes the toxofag trolled
>>
>>4312427
Because the dog goes inside the house, on the couch, in the bed.
>>
>>4312668
Dog butts should be self cleaning, and if there's any debris they lick it off. That's why you don't let dogs lick you.

But knowing /an/....
>>
>>4312671
Or you can take a second to do a better job then their tongue
Do you let your dog lick your ass instead of cleaning it also?
>>
>>4312674
I doubt a cave man with a hose can do a better job than their own tongue also no one has ever needed to wipe dog or cat ass unless they were the ones licking it
>>
>be a vet
>notice cetain guys in the age range of mid 20s to late 30s coming in with their female dogs having blown out pussies
>clearly they've been fucking their dog
I know it's hard out there guys, but please stop having sex with your dogs. At least use some lube for fuck sake.
>"She got out, I think she had too much fun with another dog :^)"
Yea I fucking bet.
>>
My puppy was play fighting with my adult shepherd and got a cut along his snout :(
>>
>>4312702
shit that didn't happen. post vet license.
>be female dog
>get railed by much larger male dogs with 8" dicks and softball sized knots
>shit out dozens of puppies a year
>be in perfect health, no visible problems, vag is very slightly bigger and wrinkly
>somehow we are supposed to believe someone with a dick too small to get laid is not only blowing out dog cooch, but getting a dog to willingly fuck them when other dogs have literal monster cocks and fuck like champs.
>>
>>4312704
The first battle scar, befitting of a dog who can trace their lineage back to the viking spitzes.
>>
>>4312409
Incredibly based retards disagree.
>>
>>4312454
>>Because Aussies are good guard dogs.

>how exactly?

Good bait. Simply; you can have a Border Collie and some Great Pyrenees mutt or you can have one Australian Shepherd. They were just bred to be more versatile dogs.
>>
File: 1659134275484.gif (37 KB, 220x164)
37 KB
37 KB GIF
>>4312674
>Do you let your dog lick your ass instead of cleaning it also?
>>
>>4312714
Wlvf schizo. Your husky is a house dog.
>>
File: spitz.jpg (43 KB, 424x511)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>4312785
I don't have a husky
>>
File: aw smiling.jpg (282 KB, 1476x1042)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>4312782
i use mine to protect the farm from roving bands of toddlers
>>
>>4312787
You will never own an Icelandic Sheepdog, Norwegian Buhund, Samoyed, or Collie.
>>
>>4312792
Your what? Your Blue Heeler?
>>
1st gen pyrenees husky mix > aussie (what you get when one litter of pyr/husky mixes is inbred forever)
>>
>>4312796
>pyrenees husky mix
Cant herd + disobedient.
>>
>>4312798
>pyrsky
Fluffy companion dog
>Australian shepherd
Still sucks at herding + too stupid to be obedient + too neurotic to be a companion

It's a failed experiment desu. Working line aussies are nearly extinct for a reason. Everyone uses border collies.
>>
>>4312801
Border Collies can't fend off predators. Kek at the thought of a 30 lb BC getting mogged by a wlvf.
>>
>>4312801

Australian shepherds are some of the most intelligent and obedient dogs on the planet. They are also extremely calm and non-neurotic, making them the perfect choice for people who want a calm and well-behaved dog.
>>
>>4312801
First of all, you seem to know a lot about working dogs, but you're using anime speak. Maybe you're disabled, so you don't understand real English? Second of all, working dogs are really versatile and dependable animals that can do a LOT of things. They're not just used for herding or hunting, you know.
>>
File: 1664382539335.png (660 KB, 988x707)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
>>4312807
Despite being bred to be highly biddable, australian shepherds only perform as well on obedience tests as huskies and salukis, two dogs that were never once meant to be obedient. For reference, Salukis work independently, and mushers only expect one out of 12 huskies to consistently listen to a mere 4 commands and figure out how to do everything else by themselves. Australian shepherds are meant to work closely with their handlers and follow every command without fail.

They are also prone to obsessive behaviors and aggression.

The border collie is without a doubt the superior dog. They are more intelligent, less aggressive, less dangerous, and more talented herders. If you want a herding dog that can also protect the flock, it is not possible. Get a dedicated guard dog. The aussie was a failed experiment.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.43 MB, 1275x1244)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>4312813
First of all, you are a filthy gaijin. Japan is the smartest country in the world with the smartest dogs in the world. Second of all, australian shepherds are too dumb to do anything. That is why people are breeding them to be smaller, because they are useless and just attack children. Leading researchers from the israeli institute of canine research estimate that full sized australian shepherds will go extinct by 2050. They are also being renamed "american shepherds" to avoid slandering australia by associating them with yet another child mauling dog and reduce the total amount of cultural appropriation in the world.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.72 MB, 1440x1920)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
My dogs been having seizures. Poor girl is real old and has high blood pressure, and she recently went blind. I hope she has a little fight left in her.
>>
>>4312818
Australian shepherds often perform as well or better than other breeds on obedience tests.

There are a number of misconceptions about Australian Shepherds and obsessive behavior. Australian Shepherds are not prone to obsessive behaviors and aggression. In fact, Australian Shepherds are one of the least likely breeds to exhibit these behaviors. Australian Shepherds are typically considered to be one of the most intelligent and gentle dog breeds, and are commonly used as guide dogs and therapy dogs.

There are many different breeds of dog that can be used for herding, and no single breed is "superior." The border collie is a popular breed of dog for herding, but they are not the only breed that can be used for this task. Many other breeds, such as the Welsh Corgi, Australian Shepherd, and the Shetland Sheepdog, are also well-suited for herding. Additionally, many guard dogs, such as the Australian Cattle Dog, Australian Shepherd, >>4312821
and the Rottweiler, are also well-suited for guarding flocks. So, if you are looking for a herding dog that can also protect the flock, it is possible to find one that is suited for your needs.

This statement is blatantly false. There are many other countries in the world that are smarter than Japan, and many that have smarter dogs. Furthermore, Japan's intelligence levels are not static; they have fluctuated over time, and they are likely to continue to fluctuate in the future.

There are many reputable organizations that promote the use of Australian Shepherds as working dogs. In addition, Australian Shepherds are known for their intelligence and trainability. They are also known for being gentle and loyal companions.
>>
>>4312869
this is total bullshit, they're retards that bite children.

but hey, at least they aren't huskoids.
>>
>>4312818
>If you want a herding dog that can also protect the flock, it is not possible.
my ES comes from a line that does just that. they guard chickens, ducks, geese, and goats and herd them back into their pens.
>>
Can a dog's nails be too short? I usually don't even trim them except for the due claw. I see most dogs, even other puppies, with nails that touch the ground while standing however my dogs nails are so short they don't.
>>
File: aussie.jpg (328 KB, 1026x1390)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>4312818
el perro de atacar a los niños...
>>
File: dogbed.jpg (757 KB, 1333x999)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
>tfw you have a dog

you can only reply to this post if you post your dog
>>
>>4312933
>Retards
One of the smartest dogs

>bite children
Blue heeler projection.
>>
File: 1664408854556.png (150 KB, 801x811)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>4313134
>>
File: 1664408935649.png (128 KB, 833x862)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>4313137
>>
>>4313137
>>4313139
My study and experience say otherwise.
>>
File: aussieshitpiost.jpg (53 KB, 800x450)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>4313143
>source: I made it up lol
>>
>>4313145
Every single time kek, you autists pull up this Israeli Canine Institute study on dog obedience and use it as an authority for dog intelligence. Do you realize #50 is still smart?
>>
>>4313148
>t.
>>
>>4313152
>we are #1! Dem Aussies neurotic. We don't have OCD n sheeeit. We wuz Vikings.
>t.
>>
>>4313159
Yes I am a better dog thank you
>>
>>4313167
>I
Furry detected, opinion discarded.
>>
@4313125
no one has a dog here leto
>>
>>4313180
Dalton says hi
>>
My puppy is 6 months old, and 65lbs akc says at 6 mo a dog is only 60% of their adult size, is that accurate? My dog isnt obese or anything, and is decently muscular, but is only about 10lbs off of the adult weight for the breed standard.
>>
>>4310582
Even if it was a wolf, what kind of people take pleasure in showing off a skinned animal?

I can understand hunting for meat, but trophy hunting is just psychotic
>>
>>4313432
Generally yes, and some breeds mature before that.
>>
>>4313432
They might just be larger than standard. Which is fine, really, but you should avoid neutering for as long as possible because larger dogs are more prone to joint issues.
>>
File: IMG_20220718_130401.jpg (3.83 MB, 3648x2736)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
This is my basset hound puppy.
She's not very smart but I love her.
>>
>>4312674
>Do you let your dog lick your ass instead of cleaning it also?
I know at least one guy that did this
>>
>>4313531
I've heard gsd's mature average to slow
>>4313557
Definitely on the bigger side, not getting her fixed as per the breeders recommendation, also might want puppies anyway
>>
>>4313618
A lot of time, outside of the ribbon winning "champion" show dogs, there will be many deviations from the breed standard. Show breeders "fix" the "correct" traits by inbreeding ("line breeding") to exclude alleles for "incorrect" traits like exceeding an arbitrary size standard from the gene pool, otherwise litters will be inconsistent from multiple variations of the same trait being present and only a few dogs will be perfectly in standard. This inbreeding is less common with your average pet breeder and common working breeders because a lot of parts of the standard for physical traits are arbitrary and more artistic-vision than anything important. Behaviorally most people don't need a $20k collie, just a $2k one.

The AKC prefers all dogs to be a bit smaller than they were in historical working use. Faster puppy production, less trouble from neutering contracts, more gracile and good looking, easier for women to handle. IIRC malamutes illustrate it well. AKC malamutes are meant to go into heat every 6 months, many "real" ones every 12 months, and those ones take longer to mature an are outsized for the standard. 2x larger. For working dogs the size fits the job.
>>
>>4313581
>>
>>4313624
AKC preserves breeds and the breeds we know today would not exist without their cooperation.
>>
>>4313633
Los perro melto
>>
>>4313635
La perra de los francés corta pata
>>
File: roach back mastiff face.jpg (3.19 MB, 1999x1328)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
>>4313634
>we PRESERVED them
>you're welcome
It's a dog show/money making club. And the dog shows are really about deciding who gets to charge more for pups and frozen dog jizz.
>>
>>4313636
>>
>>4313637
No retard
>>
>>4313637
>wtf is that mutt? you can't even call it a german shepherd idiot
>>
File: preserved.jpg (175 KB, 700x972)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>4313639
Yeah retard. Breeds are the result of needs. Preserving breeds without needs means a need has to be found. What's the need? Making money selling dogs like fashion accessories. What are the needs the dogs must meet?
>Looks appropriate to target demographic
>Easier for women and average musclelets to handle
>Production exceeds demand
>Production costs are significantly lower than retail price
>Consumer can not reproduce/maintain goods, must purchase new ones
>Goods expire at warranty's end, prompting a new purchase
>>
>>4313637
Zis is a true Deutshe Schäferhund
>>
>>4313641
I read all of this and you’re wrong.
>>
If you want a true utterhund get ze Perro de las Australia kelpoido
>>
File: 1664471308868.png (236 KB, 1175x424)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>4313641
>Goods expire at warranty's end, prompting a new purchase
AKA why dogs will never live longer, and will actually die sooner, and sooner, and sooner.

The AKC recommends retiring dogs from shows and breeding at around 5 to 8 years of age for females and 12 for males. This is the lifespan all breeds will trend towards over time. Health concerns past this age essentially do not exist to them.

Fun fact: You CAN NOT register a litter of puppies sired by a male older than 12. THEY AREN'T THE BREED, THEY AREN'T AKC, YOUR DOGS LIVE TOO LONG! NO NO NO, THEY'RE JUST MONGRELS GET OUT YE PEASANT! It's against the rules. Period. Therefore dogs are indirectly bred to live no longer than 12. Thanks for your common sense science based rules, dog experts! It's not like wolves haven't been fucking for as long as they lived for the past 40 million years without issue or anything.
>>
File: 1664471629589.png (194 KB, 789x803)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>Trust the experts
>The AKC "preserves" dogs
>They are backed by heckin science
>This PhD is wrong her degree is not from the AKC unviersity of dogology
>>
>>4313648
There are many reasons to retire a dog from shows and breeding. Some health concerns simply do not present themselves until the dog is significantly older, and by that time the dog may have already passed its prime. Additionally, there are ethical reasons to retire a dog from shows and breeding. Many exhibitors feel it is their responsibility to retire a dog who appears to be no longer healthy or able to produce offspring. It is cruel to subject a dog to continued breeding and showing when it is clearly not in its best interest.

There are no AKC rules that prohibit registering puppies sired by a male older than 12. In fact, there are several AKC rules that promote responsible breeding and puppy care. For example, the AKC rulebook states that "Puppies should be weaned at six weeks and raised with their mother and siblings until they are six months old." This means that puppies should be raised by their mother and siblings until they are six months old. This is in accordance with the health and well-being of puppies, which is the primary goal of the AKC. The AKC also promotes responsible breeding by requiring that prior to breeding, dogs and their owners must have attended a puppy pre- purchase orientation where they learn about vaccinations, neutering/spaying, common proper kennel care, and important information.
>>
File: skinny-husky.jpg (346 KB, 1200x675)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>4313650
>long snout
>broad skull for brains
>pointy ears
>strong hips
>slender, lithe
spitzchads...
>>
File: 1664472190980.png (113 KB, 793x739)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>4313656
>shill-kun fires up the GPT bot to defend the AKC breeding for shorter lived dogs
wolf lifespan = 20
dog lifespan = 10
AKC = inbreeding

>there are no AKC rules...
At least know your own rules.

Fuck the AKC. Fuck purebreds. Fuck breeding dogs for looks. And fuck your legacy, a bunch of dogs that rack up $20k in vet bills and then die before they turn 10.

The AKC is a satanic organization and anyone who defends it is an insect.
>>
>>4313656
>we breed dogs that are so unhealthy they die early so it's actually a good thing we're breeding them earlier and they're dying earlier
?????? the vegans were right, pets need to be banned and go back to being free living village dogs.
>>
>>4313659
Disregarded for being a brainlet.

>Europe as of 2014 – excluding Russia, Belarus and Ukraine – has 12,000 wolves in over 28 countries.

The elites don't want you to know this but the wolves in the forest are free and you can take them home with you.
>>
>>4313666
>the vegans were right
>ban dogs
>t.
>>
>>4313670
silence ivan
>>
Is there any difference between a Groenendael and a Tervuren outside of coat color?
>>
>>4313680
Tervuren is its own breed, Groenendael = Belgian Sheepdog.

The Belgian Sheepdog/Groenendael is closely related to the

Belgian Sheepdog
Belgian Malinois
Belgian Laekenois
German Shepherd Dog
Dutch Shepherd
>>
>>4313680
Tervuren is its own breed, Groenendael = Belgian Sheepdog.

The Belgian Sheepdog/Groenendael is closely related to the

Belgian Tervuren
Belgian Malinois
Belgian Laekenois
German Shepherd Dog
Dutch Shepherd
>>
>>4307740
Firm and consistent guidance and discipline desu it takes a long long time. A lot of methods are good, find one that suits your dogs tempermant. Stubborn dogs need firm discipline whereas scared dogs need a gentler approach or they'll just act out when they hear barking stimulus. And you gotta accept that dogs gonna bark desu. I like a certain amount of warning and just get my dogs to where they quit barking when I tell them too and really don't bark when I establish that it's time to quit. My GSP is my most booming barker though and I'd be hard pressed to get her to stop if somebody was on the other side of the fence without me actually walking out there and calming her.
>>
>>4307793
Constant desensitization and be very calm with them in the car, don't yell or coddle or make it seem any scarier than it is. Establish that this is just a normal thing. I never really had the problem outside initial wariness but all my drives usually end in a trip to the trails, parks, or somebodies house so mine associate rides with fun and sometimes are surprised by vet visits.
>>
>>4308064
Firmly manhandle them away from your feet everytime they attack. Don't hurt them or anything just a strong push or whatever to make them not like doing it. I usually just give all mine a strong shove with the base of my foot, I don't kick them just knock them away. It's best to immediately correct it so they associate nipping at feet with immediate negative stimuli.
>>
>>4308434
I love this breed man but goodluck, that's a working dog. As one anon said expect the absolute worst but know that with a lot of time and direction these dogs can be the absolute best. These dogs are the kind you have to walk for an hour a day.

My general dog training tips towards all breeds is to give twice as much rewards as you do punishment but don't be afraid to provide firm discipline. First teach it that good behaviors are rewarded, then establish what NO means. Reward it the moment it does something good, don't discipline it much later. Teach it sit. Potty training is critical, this sets the tone for everything. Do not fucking punish your puppy for peeing or pooping inside until you clearly establish that peeing and pooping outside is the best thing it's ever done. Constantly observe them and if you see them squat just rush them outside, they'll figure it out, don't beat them over that shit. Only discipline young dogs if you catch it the exact moment it's doing the wrong thing, otherwise it won't understand, you can point at the pile of poop at later ages. Tailor your degree of discipline towards the dogs personality, skittish dogs need calm handling, stubborn ones need firm physical handling. Find a good negative stimuli for the dog (Beating dogs will not end well but a firm little spank isn't gonna kill it IMO)
>>
>>4311924
Allergies, swollen ass glands, or fucking fleas.

I absolutely know what your talking about because dog had horrendous problems with it as a puppy and would chew up its whole ass. I had it's glands expelled, switched food, fixed fleas, tried allergy meds etc. She became neurotic about her ass and the base around her ass was either red or hairless always. I finally had to just constantly correct her everytime she tried and I never ever ever let her touch her ass. Eventually she stopped fucking with it because I literally never let her do it. She's a slut for ass scratches though.
>>
>>4312256
Beautiful, I think I'm gonna get a pure Rott when I find the right breeder. Gonna take my time and find the calm, observant puppy.
>>
>>4312869
This guy gets it, Aussies are intelligent as hell. I personally prefer Collies as working dogs but as a household pet I'll take an Aussie.

I'll admit I've met some incredibly neurotic Aussies but most of them were poorly trained young. My childhood Aussie was absolutely based by all accounts and I'm pushing my roommate towards getting an Aussie once he's done grieving over his 17 year old Chiweenie dogs death.
>>
File: 1559628576276.jpg (180 KB, 675x1200)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>4313581
very gute/10
>>
>put down pee pad for dog
>leave house busy day at work
>come back, dog MOVED THE PAD and pooped next to it
Anybody who tells you training your dogs to use pads is bad, is a retard. They won't get accustomed to peeing or pooping inside, but they will on PADS which is cleaner and better than this. Only reason my dog doesn't know it is because he's adopted.
>>
>>4313798
he's not being serious, he just writes stuff that's totally contrary to whatever the other guy says mixed with AI generated sounding generic rants.
>>
File: potato.jpg (164 KB, 770x710)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
OH SHIT DAWG SHE'S BEHIND YOU
>>
>>4314576
New
>>4314576

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.