[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Adopt, don't shop. Previous: >>4291580
>>
>>4299609
>he says this when shitbulls exist
If anything cats are the jews.
>>
At what height does it become dangerous for a cat to fall and not land on its feet?
>>
File: 20220729_111309.jpg (1.94 MB, 1781x3166)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
Adopted a farm cat 10 y ago. Still soft like a kitten. Best cat in my world
>>
>>4299687
i know your house reeks like piss shit litterbox because you cant even be bothered to clean the disgusting eye boogers before a photo youve posted on a public forum
gross
>>
I have a dilemma.

I have three cats; two 8-month olds (adopted as kittens in March) and a 17 year old we got in 2006.

17 year old has been an outdoor cat all its life. The 8-month olds have been indoor and outdoor, but were locked inside at night. Due to a change of circumstance, none of them are allowed to be permanent indoor cats anymore.

As a result, I want to keep the 8-month olds locked in the garage at night, but that's where the 17 year old likes to sleep, and she really does not like her younger companions. She doesn't go out of her way to attack them, but sometimes they get a bit too curious and a bit too close, which causes 17 year old to hiss and swipe.

Normally the garage is left open so the 17 year old can go in & out at her leisure, but I don't want to do that anymore. One of the 8 month olds (a male) likes running outside the front gate and onto the road, especially at night. I suspect if I let him roam outside all night every night, he will end up roadkill, even if we live in a fairly quiet neighborhood.

I could make the 17 year old stay outside all night because she'll never go out the gate, but that makes me feel bad. She's an old cat, it's cold and there's no food source (rats/birds will eat whatever is left), just water. For now I'm hoping that maybe she gets used to her two younger companions.
>>
>>4299632
I read ~40ft is a threshold somewhere.
>>4299687
super cute picture. Is it deaf? Does it catch the meese?
>>
>>4299609
Because of OP. Skip falling for the good looks of some awful semi feral and buy a purebred ragdoll. Cats are in a state where if dogs were like cats, people would be keeping regular ass wolves as pets.
>>
>>4299727
shes indoor and outdoor. we got a huge yard she can run around in and catch prey.
what is meese?
>>
>>4299727
also she not deaf,she can hear me opening the big iron gate when i come home, trilling and meowing and showing off catch of the day, usually 1 or 2 rats and mice.
One day she caught and killed a woodland pigeon inside the house. flood and feathers everywhere. i didnt know a small dove coul have so much red in it, and feathers. Cant really get mad at my cat for doing what a predator does. so i gave her pets and snacks and told her how good she is,
>>
>>4299760
>what is meese
Hrm
It is like a bunch of gooses, but smol, furry, and tasty to cats.
>>
>>4299704
So you can only keep them in the garage? No other rooms?
If you insist with the plan and bear with the hissing, maybe there'll be improvements someday.
No, letting cats out at night is dangerous even more so for an old cat.
Try to make them eat together yummi food, build positive associations in the garage in the hope that they will all start love staying together in that environment.
>>
>>4299821
>even more so for an old cat.
This doesn't even remotely worry me. It's been surviving for nearly 17 years outside now. I don't live in America, there are no coyotes anywhere.
It's the other two that could be a problem, especially the male who likes escaping and crossing the road.
>>
File: 20220912_231532.jpg (1.79 MB, 2992x2992)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>
>>4299838
Yeah it is not so much for the low risk of encountering a danger (a risk that however increases at night when cats are full of energy and reckless), but for the cat being so old. They start to be fragile, they have slower reflexes. It's fine to let her stay out during the day when you or others can be around to observe her, but at night it's unsafe.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr_hJ66p5w8

My snow bengal casually reminding my other bengal that the pen is hers
>>
Yesterday afternoon my year old cat couldn't open her left eye completely and, when the whole thing started, had slight facial spasms for a minute or so on her left side. I've been monitoring her all day and while she can now close and open her eye normally and shows no signs of discomfort, her left pupil is slightly larger than the other (like a one millimeter difference).
I'll call the vet first thing in the morning to get her checked out but would anyone know what could've caused this?
>>
I was today years old when I discovered an existence of tactical harness for cats
>>
>>4300035
Do these harnesses prevent cats from wriggling out?
>>
>>4300036
idk, not for my bengals, they can wiggle loose at any opportunity, i suspect its the same for most cats
>>
>>4300038
I was afraid of that, thanks. I've got a tiny little demon spawn who can probably get loose from anything.
>>
Is it worth getting insurance for a cat? One of my cats turned 9 and thought it'd be worth checking out.
>>
My old boy is going to be put to sleep a little later this week. I've had him since the day he was born and he's my best friend, feels like the bond goes both ways between us too. He's lived a good long 20 years but this doesn't make it any easier.
I love him so much I don't want him to die bros and my life is going to feel so empty without him
>>
>>4300053
I'm so sorry. You gave him a great long life and that's something you can take comfort in, but that doesn't make the loss any easier. Give him love while you can.
>>
>>4300053
give your bro his final rest brother. He deseves to to peacefully die. I Know how bad it feels but there's nothing worse than suffering from old age.
>>
>>4300053
if anything grant him the easy way out. Dont keep him suffering. The injection is pretty much like an opium overdose; aka you feel elated until at some point you die. Grant him that
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1663026881463397.webm
>>
>>4300054
Thanks bros, the vet gave him some pain killers and such last week to make his last week with us as comfortable as possible for him. Bought him a lot of expensive food and his favourite treats so I can spoil him before he goes. Made lots of extra comfy spots for him to snooze in throughout the house with all his favourite blankets

>>4300064
>>4300070
Yeah I'm going to go through with it it's just still upsetting. I don't want him to die but I know it's what is right to do for him.
>>
>>4299702
>you cant even be bothered to clean the disgusting eye boogers
Not that anon, but I've never noticed those on a cat until now, and I really don't care. Cats clean themselves as needed (though not according to your wishes). It's a cute cat with a loving owner. I hope he posts more of it.
>>
>>4300407
Give your buddy some petting for me!
>>
>>4300011
(Am other anon.) My male cat loved being outside, especially during summer. (As a kitten, as soon as he had got used to our house, he wanted to go outside, even though he was born in a shelter.) When he got older, though, he started spending a lot of time indoors. During his last summer, he didn't go out that much. (He became 16 years old.) Anyway, my (anecdotally-based) point is that he seemed to self-regulate his behaviour. His death was due to cancer, but before that, he was becoming less active (possibly due to pain in his joints). He was still purring a lot when I pet him, even near the end.
>>
>>4300407
Man, it's hard to really "get" that their lifespans are shorter than ours, before you lose them. It seems so unreal, for one's life to just go on without them. I love that you're giving him such a good last week.
>>
how do I stop my cat from drinking human blood? I keep trying to correct him like I do with any other unwanted behavior (by making a loud noise when he starts doing it) but he still does it when I'm not around (I see him with my cameras) what should I do?
>>
>>4300793
Uh...what?
>>
>>4300793
As long as he's doing a good job at disposing of the bodies afterwards, there's no reason to stop him. It will mke him powerful and long lived.
>>
File: PXL_20220913_145641410_1.jpg (2.18 MB, 3139x3072)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
my tsundere cat
>>
>>4300880
B-baka...
>>
File: 1621238462547.jpg (10 KB, 240x300)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>"so I found the lump between his shoulder blades and.."
>you mean the little bump on the side of his shoulder, right?
>"..."
>...
>>
>>4300880
her face is so tiny and cute
>>
File: 1648276942801.webm (733 KB, 720x1280)
733 KB
733 KB WEBM
>cat tree, expensive cat toys, plushies and balls
I sleep
>crumpled paper ball
YOOO THAT'S MY SHIT
>>
>>4299632
Cats actually have a really weird survivability curve when it comes to falling from heights.
Survivability falls until you get to about 8+ stories high, at which point the cat has enough time to right itself, and splay out its arms and legs and they become living parachutes that slow them down to a speed they are more likely to survive.
>>
File: EgBLOKkXgAE4gJg.jpg (42 KB, 412x351)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
One of my two cats had to be put down. They were best friends.
I feel awful for not bringing home the corpse for my remaining cat to examine. He is listless and needy now, cries more often and just doesnt seem right. Im sure he is stressed that he can't find his best buddy anymore. It rips me apart more than anything. I feel that I've denied him closure.
>>
>>4301045
Cats identify everything primarily by smell despite 90% of what few neurons they have being dedicated to visual-motor skills. Four out of five times he would try to eat the corpse. This is the reason cats tend to start eating their dead owners far before dogs. The dogs are wishy washy social creatures and have the mental block of wanting them to come back and take a bit to accept that it's just a pile of meat now, but the cats are ruthlessly efficient in identifying things by scent alone and can sniff out the moment where your heart stops and eating you becomes a courtesy rather than a crime.
>>
>>4301054
>the virgin dog: noooo wake up not yet i needed to tell you i wanted to go outside to pee whyyyyy this is too soon i can't handle it please wake up i have to pee ;_;
>the chad cat: cool, he's dead. now we can eat him.
>>
>>4301045
He might just be generally grieving. A year ago we had to euthanize one of our cats, and her brother (they were littermates) spent a month grieving by himself. I think he understood she was dead even though he didn't see her, he was just upset.
>>
>>4299606
>Adopt, don't shop
Will you say this when rare cat breeds are forced into sanctuaries because of how few there are left of them? Most modern shelters are just offloading centers for kitten mills and backyard breeders, the chance of finding a good quality cat is slim to none when they're crowded by diseased kittens
>>
>>4301102
>will you say this when [baseless schizo ramblings] become true?
adopt, don't shop, NIGGER
>>
>>4301109
I already adopted my cat from my relatives 2 years ago. I'm just reminding you of your supply chain
>>
>>4301113
please drop your iphone into a toilet
>>
What are som effective cat dewormers?
>>
>>4301210
To add, that are natural and NOT synthetic
>>
File: PXL_20220913_144943384_1.jpg (1.1 MB, 2437x2625)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>4300991
she's blushing
>>
My male cat (11ish months old, neutered) has been becoming increasingly aggressive with me. Biting, scratching, etc. Some of the time it's completely unprompted, other times it happens when I'm petting him. He doesn't do this to any of my roommates or friends that come over. Why is my sweet little man acting like such an asshole?
>>
>>4301109
i shopped. i'm satisfied. i probably dodged 20 years of an antisocial dickwad.
>>
>>4301468
your cat is exerting dominance over you, gonna get called an abuser by some cucks here but my cat also tried to pull that shit up with me once (bit me and hissed at me after I picked him up, he was definitely not playing) and I flicked his head with my finger really hard and he never did it again, so don't fall for the "corporal punishment doesn't work on animals" meme, it does as long as you don't overuse it. your cat needs to understand you're the boss not one of his little cat buddies.
>>
File: 20220913_215840.jpg (2.83 MB, 3024x3384)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>>
>>4301468
Hes going through his shitty teenage rebellion phase.
When you're petting a cat it is easy for them to become over stimulated so watch for body language.
>>
>>4301468
I've had vets suggest you react with a loud "Ow!" when cats hurt you, as it's possible he doesn't realize how rough he's being. Other cats will chastise their comrades if they hurt each other. Failing that, you could exclaim "Hey!" or "No!" when he does it, just to let him know you're not happy with it.
>>
>>4299606
My bf got some fluffy ass little cat. He's very cute and very small and very tame.
What can I do to bizzaro-brain the little bugger? I'm thinking
>Bizzaro cat toys to get him
>Bizzaro tricks I can teach him (already wanna teach him to shit in a human toilet)
>Cat clothes and enhancements etc.
>>
>>4301526
>>4301569
>>4301578
Thank you all for the advice. He must browse here cuz he's been nothing but nice all day. Next time he acts up he will feel my (gentle yet firm) wrath
>>
>>4301679
Get some toys but don't torment a tame kitten just for your amusement, psycho. Hope your bf keeps it away from you after he sees you trying to shove it into BuildaBear clothes.
>>
File: cat vs possum.jpg (247 KB, 1040x780)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>4301698
Also if the cat is bugging out because its over stimulated a good way to get them to stop snap right in their face loudly, or say something fast and sharp will sort of soft reboot the cat brain and they'll come to their senses.
Also, cat claws are like fish hooks and pulling away from them will usually do more harm than good. So instead of doing that pin the cat down and kind of put some weight into it. Not to squish or hurt the cat, but to give it a chance to realize how bad it is going to lose any fight it wants to start.
If you and the cat are just rough housing and play bites and scratches start getting serious bonk them on the head with two fingers, think of a mother cat bonking the head of a kitten when it misbehaves. Not hard, just a gentle instruction to chill the fuck out.
Or if you're just chilling and the cat pops up and you can see in his eyes that he wants to be a faggot, shove the cat away and onto the floor without acknowledging it.
And then you might want to see about getting the cat some more toys, and maybe give it some more structured playtime in the future.
Cats are such lazy sleepy bastards because they've trying to conserve a lot of energy, but in the wild they save that energy to hunt mice and birds and bugs, but a house cat doesn't have those same kinds of outlets (unless you have a rat or bug problem I guess), so you need to make sure you're fulfilling that need in a constructive way, or it just gets depressed and retarded, or angsty.
I also suggest getting a plush dog chew toy, and when you're playing with the cat you can sort of antagonize him with that toy and let him really try and tear the shit out of it. It keeps them from getting used to your hands as toys, and transfer some of that aggression onto an inanimate object.
>>
>>4299702
Eat your pills.
>>
one night after my gf had too much alch she told me that she jerked off her cat when she was a teen

is she a lying whore or is she based? wouldn't a cat scratch the living shit out of someone if they'd try that?
>>
>>4301790
I like how women can get away with shit like this because they have vaginas. Imagine being a grown ass man telling anyone that you jerked off your pet you'd get reported or at least ostracized by your peers for being a freak but because it's a woman the first thing that comes to your mind is that she's heckin' based, what a joke.
>>
>>4301767
Look at my kitty I’m picking up this weekend isn’t he a good boy
>>
>>4301825
He looks based, anon.
>>
>>4301823
You're getting pretty agitated over a fake story.
>>
>>4301837
wait people lie on the internet? why did nobody tell me?
>>
File: santa cat.jpg (98 KB, 1001x1001)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>4301866
Santa Claus isn't real either!
>>
I a little black kitten with yellow eyes showed up on my back porch at 10PM at night.
She's meowing non-stop to be let in but I won't let her. I put some food and water out but she isn't interested, she just wants to bite the shit out of my legs. Hopefully she'll go back home when the sun is out, but I wonder why on Earth she's roaming so late in the middle of rural nowhere being so young. The coyotes will get her within a year just like they get all of the little dogs.
>>
>>4301948
Do you have a shed or barn or someplace safe you can put her for a bit? And then call a rescue group tomorrow?
>>
>>4301948
adopt her
>>
>>4301948
If you call it moo shoo pork, no one will know the difference. Extra plum sauce, and it tastes same.
>>
>>4301954
Nah, not really anything around but forest for a long ways. Cat roam through here all the time but never young ones.

>>4301955
Can't.
>>
>>4301988
Personally I'd bring her in and lock her in a bathroom or garage or closet until you can get someone to rescue her, but it's understandable if you can't. At her age/size she's at significant risk outdoors, though.
>>
>>4301990
She's sleeping on my gated back porch at the moment.
I can't let her in because my dog isn't too fond of small animals.
>>
>>4301837
he's right though. im sure everyone knows at least one girl who fiddled around with their pet during their teeh phase and nobody cares or they think it's hot. but if a dude admits that he jerked off his dog or fingered one, he gets reported for abuse.
>>
>>4301999
>shit bull owner
OH NO NO NO NO…
>>
>>4302006
nah just an angry old mutt dog that hates everything
>>
File: cat5.png (288 KB, 512x512)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>>
>>4302004
Maybe I'm just really boring, but I don't know anyone who claims to have sexually abused an animal.
>>
>>4302026
Those who have aren’t likely to just “claim” that to just anyone anyway
>>
>>4302026
Do you even have anyone in real life who trusts you enough to tell you such secrets?

Maybe you're not "just really boring". Maybe you're a lonely fuck that nobody trusts enough.

>who claims to have sexually abused an animal.
TIL when the dog knots something out of it's own will, it's sexual abuse. I guess it's jail time for my pillows and plushies
>>
Anyone else read Junji Ito's cat diary manga?
Its really cute and uses his style to self depricate in a fun way.
>>
>>4302086
Yep, i love it so much that I graduated it from the /co/ shelf to the /lit/ shelf.
>>
File: 20220914_112318.jpg (3.76 MB, 3000x3227)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB JPG
Had to leave my black cat and tabby cat to my family, this is the cat at the place I work at now.
>>
>>4302158
What’s his role?
>>
File: 01-2.jpg (116 KB, 880x586)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
I'm getting my first cat ever tommorrow bros (a small kitten), any tips?
>>
>>4302158
Nice goose
>>
>>4302299
God help you when they learn how to jump
>>
>>4302275
The guests' slut
Meows a lot and loves to sleep next to people
>>
>>4301948
The cat left sometime in the day a few hours ago. She was very skinny and their was a large abscess in her mouth that made her tongue kind of hang out, but she ate all of the dog food I gave her.
>>
File: kot.jpg (1.36 MB, 2992x2992)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
There is a cat roaming around the house since some months already looking for food most of the nights. We feed her with leftovers and also catfood sometimes since i have a female too. The stray tends to be missing some of her fur from the bottom half of her body, other than that she's mostly fine. What could be the reason of this, fleas and the likes ? I can pet her whenever she's around so she's kind of sociable. Can't really adopt her since my cat just can't stand her, probably a territorial thing, and my mom owns some dogs, pursuing the strays most of the time. I kind of don't know what to do, most shelters seem to be overpopulated and i'm not even sure they would take her if i ever catch her
>>
>cat got back from cirurgy
>didn't eat or drink much yesterday
>didn't eat at all today, can't give the medicine that needs to be administered with food

>put him in front of bowl, he starts taking a few bites, finally
>like a joke from Satan, at the exact same time his sister appeared and hissed at him so he gave up on eating
Goddamn I felt like beating the shit out of her (obviously not doing that)
He also hasn't taken a shit for 2 days now. I'm taking him back to the vet tomorrow morning
>>
>>4302561
>cirurgy
What the fuck was that I meant surgery
>>
Can feel scaly scabs on kots neck and around her butt, but I can't see any fleas or even scabs when I separate her fur, she's not doing any excessive scratching or grooming and is acting completely normal, tf is going on
>>
how long does it take for a cat to become disciplined
my retard kitten keeps licking random shit off the ground that isn't even food and I've been clapping on his face every time for like 2 weeks and the retared still does it
>>
File: IMG_2881.jpg (2.62 MB, 4032x3024)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB JPG
This is my house nigga, now onto my theory:

It appears the theory of domestication of cats and their utility to the ancients is wrong. Cats don't prefer rodents, but actually birds, that is something any cat owner can tell you. Cats are not a menace to rodent society, but they are to bird population worldwide. Roman murals show cats catching birds. The diary of emperor Uda of Japan mentions the cat killing birds. Now, the general theory is not wrong: cats were domesticated to control pests, but the pest was birds that swooped down on the fields and not mice that stalked inside the granaries. Further evidence is that cats can and will kill locusts when they see them, and locusts are another menace to crop fields. Cats on ships? birds are a menace to ships, they build their nests on important infrastructure and shit on the deck, they also attack the food that was dried up on deck before being stored.

So birds, not mice. I know it's ironic since pic related is shown with a dead mice, but put a cat in front of a big fat rat and they would rather run away. Birds are a cats natural prey.
>>
>>4302299
You cannot have enough toys.
Toys you can play with him with, as well as interactive toys the cat can entertain themselves with.
Introduce him to a small area of your house at first and let him get used to that. Keep the litter box in that room, cats want to use litter by instinct, but if its too far of a trip the kitten can have an accident.
Its a good idea when they're kittens to get them exposure to other people besides you, as well as other animals, so that if in the future you have people over, or get another animal the cat wont be as spastic.
>>
>>4301825
cute little gremlin
>>
>>4302780
Thanks anon excited to pick up my new friend
>>
File: unknown-22.png (992 KB, 640x640)
992 KB
992 KB PNG
>>
>>4302820
very cute and normal cat anon
>>
>>4302760
cats are too stupid to comprehend negative reinforcement, it probably thinks you're playing a game
>>
Feels good that kot trusts me enough to keep purring and not move while I put my fingers around her eyes to scrape the boogers off them
>>
>>4301825
he looks like my gray kitten named gray who died in 2 months because my family caught covid and I think he caught it too
he liked to sleep next to my neck
>>
Guys, how do I stop my cat from pissing on my couch? He's 6 months old, had him for almost 2 weeks and he knows how to use the litter. He poops there normally, but for some fucking reason he still chooses to piss on my couch. I live in a studio apartment with one room + kitchen and bathroom, so can't lock my bedroom.
Any tips, /an/?
>>
>>4302919
Cut off his balls.
>>
>>4302975
Well, I didn't really want to sterilize him at first, even though the vet (I adopted the cat from my local veterinary's office) suggested to take him in for a sterilization in a month or two after adoption. Will cutting off his balls really make him piss less on random furniture? I can't bring myself to take a living animal for a ball-cutting operation if I'm being honest.
What if it will make him miserable or some shit? He's my first pet that since I moved out from my parent's place, I really want to treat him well.
>>
>>4302980
>Will cutting off his balls really make him piss less on random furniture?
Yeah, he'll also be much less destructive.

>What if it will make him miserable or some shit?
He'll maybe have a little less energy, nothing at all life threatening and he doesn't have the cognitive capacity to understand what happened to his balls, he'll be fine. Think about it as a constant state of post-orgasm without the feeling of regret.

>I really want to treat him well
Then you'll be happy to find out that removing his balls eliminates the risk for testicular cancer and reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
>>
>>4302984
Thanks, anon. I'll take that into consideration and talk with vet tonight about sterilization, since I'll be taking my cat for deworming.
Does cat's age matter with sterilization? Vet suggested to wait a month or so after adoption before taking him in for sterilization.
>>
>>4302992
It's best to take him after he reaches sexual maturity to avoid any dick related problems. And yeah, wait until he feels at home.
>>
>>4299606
My new cat demo, never had one before, but she is super cuddly, she got one eye, but I still tell her she is my pretty girl everyday. Hard to get a pic of her, because everytime I get near her she wants pets.
>>
>>4302820
kek the thumbnail looks like smug pepe
>>
>>4303017
You from florida?
>>
File: cat jew.jpg (27 KB, 416x443)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Yesterday I went to the vet due to early signs of kidney stones for my older cat
Today I'm going to the vet because my younger cat came in with blood all over her left side of the neck.
Supporting my local business I suppose
>>
>>4302919
Cut em off. He'll be fine, might even feel better and more calm
>>
>>4303041
Stop letting your cats outside, you mong.
>>
>>4303017
She is a pretty girl, eye or not!
>>
>>4303043
Younger cat was a stray kitten and she's always gone absolutely ballistic when we try to keep her in for longer periods of time
It's a very quiet european suburb with no predators skulking around. I'm guessing she got into a fight with another cat
>>
File: IMG_20220830_144457_HDR.jpg (1.73 MB, 4160x2340)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>4301825
Are you me?
>>
>>4303040
Nah PA
>>
>>4303061
Oh I see
>>
>>4302299
An ideal kittens life should literally be playing, eating or shitting every waking moment of its life then immediately going back to sleep.

NEVER play with her with your hands, ALWAYS use toys, or else she will lose all interest in toys when she's older.
>>
File: Kot.jpg (3.47 MB, 4624x3468)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
I have asquired a kot.
His name's Yurt.
>>
>>4303135
I meant acquired fuk
>>
Just had a stray kitten wander into my yard. Skinny black cat that was itching up a storm. Took her to the vet and got flea medicine plus regular shots + checked for ID chip. She had none so were taking her in.
Vet estimates she’s under a yeah old. She’s quarantining in our garage while the flea medicine does its job but I’m excited to have a cat again. This just feels like such a coincidence that such a cute friendly cat wandered over.
I don’t have many neighbors and I checked with them to see if they were missing a kitten. She seems like a total stray, but not feral at all due to her age. Kind of won the jackpot if you ask me
>>
File: 20220915_110529.jpg (2.33 MB, 4160x3120)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
One of my parents' cats. I had to fly off to my new job yesterday and I already miss them so bad :(

This one is the "alpha" but he's a sweetheart and gets along well with the other cats.
>>
>>4303123
>NEVER play with her with your hands
Get a plush hand puppet.
>>
>>4302522
The cat is now back. She likes to come up and nip at my legs and feet. Honestly a bit worried she has early rabies.
>>
Hey cat lovers.
I have one 2-month old kitten and I want him to avoid developing the Single Kitten Syndrome I heard about, so I’m looking into fostering other slightly older cats.
My question here is, in terms of whether it’s safe or not for my kitten, the veterinarian should be able to answer those kinds of questions for me, right?
>>
>>4302804
I wish you all the best with your new kitten, he's a cutie.
>>
>>4303302
The thing you need to be careful about is one of those cats having something they could pass to the kitten. Their immune systems aren't at full strength, and kittens can develop respiratory issues from stress (so if you see your kitten sneezing, wheezing, or with a chronic runny nose its a good idea to monitor them and take them to the vet if necessary).
Even something like ringworm, which a lot of cats have, but kittens are really susceptible to it. Its not dangerous, or fatal, but it is gross, a pain in the ass to deal with, and caused me to get covered in ring worm myself.
Also, you have to give them a sulfer dip, which smells like a skunk crawled out of satan's asshole. If anyone EVER has a cat with ringworm issues, take it from me and PAY a professional to give them the dip for you.
>>
>Adopt stray cat that wouldn't stop crying outside our door
>First couple days she was in and eating dry food she guzzled down the water we gave her
>End up switching her over to wet food
>Often put some warm water in with it as well to heat it up and because it was recommended to help them hydrate
>Realize I can't remember the last time she drank from her water bowl
>Even get her a water fountain and she never uses it
Is it possible she's just getting enough hydration as is and doesn't feel the need to drink more or should I be concerned?
>>
>>4303376
>Is it possible she's just getting enough hydration as is
Yes. Especially as a kitten. And just because you don't see him drink doesn't mean he isn't.
>>
>>4299704
>Due to a change of circumstance
problem is right here
>>
File: Alvinacat.png (259 KB, 510x367)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>4302086
>>
>>4303165
Ha nice anon did that two weeks ago but he had a chip so I gave him back. Outdoor cat my ass he was severely underweight with fleas and pinkeye. Any case happy to reunite the cat with his kid, although I’m pretty sure it liked me more.
>>
>>4303406
Fuuuck whatever y’all get the gist of my homie I miss him bros
>>
File: 1642821290174.gif (3.47 MB, 384x480)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB GIF
I know I probably shouldn't be, but I started feeding a stray cat I see in my area a tin of tuna daily. I've never owned a cat and I don't know what cats like. Should I adopt him?
>>
personally I'd do it only if it was a kitten or an adult that really looked like it needed my help otherwise I wouldn't specially if I knew nothing about cats.
>>
>>4303425
Yeah kind of agree I got lucky that my friend had a cat so it was easy, and I’m a biologist so I’ve handled a lot of animals. Killed a lot of rodents with my hands over the years. Anyway, it also helped that the cat was mega chill and a real slime so he never hit or scratched
>>
So I'm moving across the state and taking kitty with me. Should be around 2 and a half hours, anything I should do specifically?
>>
>>4303421
Can you take care of a living being for THE REST OF ITS LIFE? If you can surrender 15-20 years of your life on a cat then yeah. If not then leave the cat alone and forget you ever had this idea
>>
>>4303467
Make sure he is chill in the car, get him used to it or get a crate
>>
>>4303503
I've got a crate. I leave in 8 hours or so, so getting him used to it might not be a thing
>>
>>4303467
Get earplugs.
>>
>>4303376
The best way to make sure is to take a blood test (which you should anyway with a kitty that used to be feral). If the results show the kitten to be dehydrated you can try buying or making cat soup. My cat won't drink water at all, and despite getting plenty of hydration through the food, the blood tests still showed her a little dehydrated.
>>
>>4303135
Looks like his name is feline upper respiratory infection
>>
>>4303716
He's on meds, it's better now
>>
why do cats love heat so much? I live in a tropical country with daily 30-35C temperatures and my cat is always looking to sit on my warm external hard drive or laptop and he doesn't even mind if I put a blanket on him for sleeping while it's melting outside.

Also if I aim a fan in his direction he gets out of the way of the wind (he's not afraid of the fan btw).
>>
File: 11.jpg (90 KB, 1200x1600)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Legit question please help if you have any pertinent advice.

My friend is remodeling his house 2+months work and i offered to have his cat at my place for the time.
I have had 2 cats before so thats not a problem.
I set him a litterbox and a water food bowl.
He arrived 24 hours ago and has been hiding for all that time WHICH IM PERFECTLY FINE WITH i understand he will need time.
But on that time he hasnt gone to the litterbox (nor has gone potty any other place to my knowledge) nor he has eaten/drank anything. However he might have had some while i was sleep but the bowl seems at the same levels i set it up.
So should i be taking him to the litterbox a couple times? so that he knows its there? can i just be a side effect of the stress and he will eat when he is hungry?
He is receptive to pets but when i tried to hold him (again to show him where the litterbox was) he was super stressed.
Please if you can offer advice beyond "just give it time" (i know that already) i could use it.
Thank you for reading.
>>
>>4303866
Desert animals
>>
File: IMG_20210921_024039.jpg (1.03 MB, 2560x1920)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
i dont visit these threads often but i posted my bros face at the end of one thread not long ago, he was 23. only animal i ever had cremated and kept his ashes.
>>
>>4303889
>>
File: American_Shorthair.jpg (487 KB, 1536x2048)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
I've tried searching online what the negative effects of neutering are, but I mostly got "muh toxic masculinity" and "cats don't know what castration is so it doesn't affect them" dumbass bullshit.
So what are the actual negative effects? Men with low testosterone get depression, lower energy and metabolism, and less muscle. Research on other animals with low testosterone shows the same things. Why would cats be any different?
>>
>>4303892
He looks like my kitty. Sorry for your loss, anon
>>
>>4303930
I doubt that cats or other animals become depressed solely because you cut their balls. I've fostered cats for over 15 years and there never seemed to be a massive change in their personalities after castration. Some cats got calmer, but generally the wimpy cats remained wimpy, and the feisty ones remained feisty. I did not notice any metabolism issues in them compared to the females, either. The most i can say is that the castrated males seem calmer than toms, but not in a bad way - they are still as playful and happy as toms, but way less destructive or aggressive - also towards people. The only cats that I've fostered that had real aggression issues, aka. would go at humans when unprovoked, were toms, and the behaviour usually diminished shortly after castration. But this doesn't mean that they turn into wet noodles after castration. Strongly territorial cats, for example will still fight off other cats that trespass, even after castration, and will usually fight back if annoyed or attacked (unless they didn't do that before castration - like i said, it depends on the personality). This is all from my personal experience of years with cats, although I don't have any research on this topic. Do feel free to share if you find any.
>>
File: 20220917_145050.jpg (3.03 MB, 4032x3024)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
met some kittens today. The bulk of them scattered when I got near. The orange one had nowhere to run and started sniffing the air when I poured out the cat treats. then the other one came over when he noticed orangey eating. This is why I always carry cat treats wherever I go. I got to pet both of them
>>
>>4304007
thanks for the reply
>>
>cat comes over meowing
>ignores food
>slinks away from pets
>just looks around and at me and meows at times
what does she want
>>
>>4304125
wants human attention, but is scared/cautious of humans.
>>
File: cat.jpg (463 KB, 1024x768)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>4304135
just like me...
she's a regular and comes over multiple times a day. she's usually touchy but i guess she just didn't feel like it yesterday
>>
>>4304177
just keep doing what you're doing, the fact she's comfortable enough to be around you is a good sign. Be patient, extend your hand and let her come to you.
>>
Alright guys, all settled in new apartment. So the cat has been walking around exploring since we got here, about 8 hours. Has touched his food barely, hasn't used letterbox, but ate some treats.

He doesn't seem scared or skittish, just curious. He keeps rubbing up against me and is purring a lot. He's also taken to laying on the counter, which I assume he is doing because he has high ground and can see most of the apartment.

Is all of this stuff normal? Anything I need to look out for? Do I need to worry about him not eating or using his litterbox?
>>
>>4304270
Never mind I literally just found him eating his kitty food happily
>>
found a stray baby outside my apartment, how economically feasible is it for me (neet ass nigga) to take this lil nigga in and take care of it? I'd leave it outside but some dogs apparently mowed down two other baby niggas in my neighborhood recently
>>
>>4304352
If you are a neet you cant even take care of yourself
>>
>>4304355
stfu bitch I took the stray nigga home, neighbor passed me two bowls for the lil nigga's eating and drinking, I just need a litterbox and get this nigga vaccinated then we all good
>>
File: 1636545914714.png (1.73 MB, 2048x1152)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>4304369
she cute
>>
>>4304352
How old is it?
If its >6 weeks old it should be fine assuming it is in good health and not suffering from some illness.
>>
>>4304384
I don't exactly know how old it is but hopefully its old enough to live on cat food
>>
please how do I teach 7-8 week old cat not to bite
>comes up all friendly, rubs against ankles, then wips around and bites hard
>no matter if I slap, say no, push away, she does this continuously
>>
Cat used to sleep on my bed all the time and now REFUSES to even stand on it even when desperate for cuddles or I pick her up myself? Literally nothing has changed from before
>>
>>4304407
You rejected her advances and now your relationship has deteriorated…
>>
>>4304407
Probably rolled over on the cat one night.
I know that I thrash around all night long and its absolutely miserable for any living thing that has to share a bed with me.
I once gave a girlfriend a black eye in my sleep. My old cat figured out the trick though. He would wedge himself in the small of my back so I couldn't roll over and he was out of range of my jimmy legs and arms for the most part.
He was a weird cat in general though. He didn't like a lot of attention or affection, but he would refuse to leave my side unless it was time to eat.
>>
>>4304369 >>4304380
based and cute
>>
>>4303135
>>4303716

Same bros, meet anchovy he is 8-9 weeks old and a bit of a diva.
>>
File: IMG_20220918_103535.jpg (2.25 MB, 3952x1872)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
She is being sussy right now.
>>
Yesterday I used some magnets to hold the curtain in place so I don't get woken up by sunlight but ended dropping some of them on the floor, was afraid it would destroy the PC's HD but it didn't so far but I'm still scared because I don't know where they are
Still woke up before 8 regardless, with the cat meowing because it couldn't leave the room by the window
>>
>>4304508
>couldn't leave the room by the window
Lol, for a second I thought you didn't have window screens. You're not one of those people are you?
>>
>>4304515
I don't, it couldn't leave because of the curtain you dumbfuck
My cat was nice enough to not pull my locked curtains
>>
>>4304520
I would generally give people without window screens a lower credit score.
>>
>>4304521
I'm sure you would, sedentary indoor cats make for more veterinary expenses
>>
File: wp2098639.jpg (48 KB, 1024x768)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
My kot was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and depression.
>>
>>4304554
Let me guess, indoor cat & screened windows
>>
>>4304554
>type 2 diabetes
stop giving him carbs, dumbass.
>>
>>4304554
Btw, how do you know when a cat is depressed ?
>>
>>4300035
>>
File: IMG_0264.jpg (437 KB, 958x1280)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>4304731
fixed
>>
>>4304731
>>4304732
put that cat in a pixar movie
>>
>>4304742
You mean dreamworks
>>
>>4304768
oh yeah I do
>>
>>4303882
Cats get autistic as FUCK when they change environments.
It can take several days before they snap out of it, regardless of what you do, just make sure he always has access to his stuff.
Sometimes human-brand canned chicken or tuna helps them want to eat more.
>>
>>4304125
its not the right kind of food
bitch is being picky
>>
>>4304352
if you take it to your local animal shelter they usually deworm and diagnose any diseases for free and send you home with meds.
after that...
https://www.pets-megastore.com.au/
thank me later.
>>
>>4304400
I have no clue, i recently rescued a stray kitten and even when i wrestle her with my hands or feet she just mouths me and never sinks her teeth in.
they say negative punishments never work on cats, so try redirecting her biting towards toys or another cat (they will teach themselves their own bite thresholds)
>>
>>4304768
Can slime be his sidekick?
>>
>>4304818
>>4304862
Fuck it I ain’t gonna fix it
>>
At what age do kittens stop getting poop on their paws? It’s super gross when he does that and wants to play afterwards.
>>
It's been four months since my mother died and ever day her cat goes from room to room howling and looking for her.

This is very upsetting for everyone who comes into the house, we expected it to stop but it just hasn't.

The cat doesn't do anything else unusual, just a couple of times a day she goes into my mother's room and starts howling.
Feels bad man
>>
>>4304554
>Type 2
So you did that to him... get your shit together
>depression
Bullshit. You can't tell if an animal is depressed, if they even can be.
Get a new vet. Get a second opinion on the diabetes too, if the vet is the type to make up cat depression they might have misdiagnosed the diabetes as well.
>>
>>4304270
Sounds like it's going very well then, my cat hid under the sofa for two days after I moved and he only walked close to the walls for almost a week.

Just be mindful of where you place the litter box and the food.
>>
>>4304938
Take solace in the fact it proves that kitties never forget the ones they truly love.
>>
Guy who moved into a new place here. So we are on the second floor and the stairs are actually inside the building, its about a flight of stairs. My cat has been jumping up at the top near the entrance and perching, so he's on the edge with a 20-25 foot drop. It scares the shit out of me. I know he's a cat but he has lived in a one floor flat his entire life, I'm worried about him falling and getting hurt :(
>>
File: IMG_20220919_104152.jpg (2.34 MB, 3952x1872)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
Sussy baka.
>>
File: 11.jpg (150 KB, 1200x1600)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>4303882
>>4304806
It has been three days now and he is much better.
He has claimed me and my room as his kingdom and has very little interests (yet hopefully) on the rest of the house other than going to the litterbox or to eat.
I did bait him a couple times with shredded turkey to his food bowl mainly for my own peace of mind of seeing him eating.
Now i just hope he slowly takes over the rest of the house, he still gets skittish when he hears my brother or parents walking in the hallway but we are working on it.
>>
>>4305358
>shartstone and assfaggots
Its over…
>>
File: czxc.gif (1.59 MB, 498x401)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB GIF
>>4305372
The fuck does that even mean.
>>
mailcat
>>
>get home
>drop my pants
>hear something fall out of my pockets
>too tired to check
>in too much pain to care
>get woken up by something getting tossed around by my cat
>it was a screw I had in my pocket
>realize that's what dropped
>go to check pockets and get the rest out of there
>they're all gone
>pass out on the floor
>wake up to getting fucking stabbed
>cat was carrying around ANOTHER screw and jumped on my with it in his mouth
>he gets scared, drops it and runs
>pick it up and hide it
>realize I had five screws in my pocket
And here we are six hours later with zero sleep and out of the five screws I had, I have retrieved eight because he is now hunting for the fuckers and has found them in places I didn't even realize existed. He loves to play with them. They're his new favorite toy and he goes absolutely ape shit everytime I take it away.
I love my cat. Just not as much today.
>>
>>4305395
Nta but hearthstone and whatever the moba one was called
>>
My kitten just pooped on the drain cover in the bathtub. Thank God it was a breeze to clean.

What does it mean though?
>>
File: 20220917_132740.jpg (3 MB, 3425x3224)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
How do I keep my kitten away from getting on my bed when I want to sleep? I spent half an hour yesterday trying to stop him, but idiot was determined and I gave up.
He also leaps on my face when he's close to it AND I'm lying down. Is that's a cat's way to tell "I want to play"? He isn't rough or anything.
Also, have a blurry img of yung niggerman.
>>4305785
It means he's retarded and his "take a shit in a sandy area" doesn't work.
>>
what's the best solution for my foster/adopted 9 year old cat who loves aggressively kicking up litter to cover his shits? we have one covered litterbox, but i went cheapo and bought another one (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JOZ48KK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details)
i thought the walls would be high enough but that fucker has good aim for tossing it on the ground
should i just suck it up and get another covered litterbox?
>>
File: 202208199.jpg (1.98 MB, 2410x3397)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
here is my permanently pissed off cat
thoughts?
>>
>>4305823
Literally me.
>>
My beautiful kitty I almost gave away when I first found her :) now I can’t imagine my life without her
>>
>>4305870
Oops
>>
>>4305872
Fluffy cats are incredibly cute until you realize how much hair they shed and how often you've got to brush them.
>>
>>4305730
My cat once spent about two hours playing with wooden clothespins.
He took apart several and in the middle of the night I stepped on one of those damn springs.
>>
If a cat catches and kills a rat, is it important to take the rat away from it? How big of a risk is a life-threatening infection?
>>
File: 1655705078202.png (1.54 MB, 2048x1152)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>4304812
she keeps sneezing and had some blood in her poop, gonna take her to a vet tomorrow
>>
>>4305793
Its his bed now. Cats want to be comfy and warm and your blankets and body heat are perfect for it. He loves you and wants to cuddle, just let him
>>
File: 1636758957022.jpg (10 KB, 310x163)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>4304962
>Bullshit. You can't tell if an animal is depressed, if they even can be.
don't talk out of your ass. animals can develop depression, birds like parrots for example start plucking out their feathers when they constantly feel stressed, lonely and bored aka depressed.

any animal that is constantly feeling anxious and lonely will become depressed, hell I'd say anything with a brain and capacity to feel emotions (mammals) can become depressed given the right conditions.
>>
>>4305395
>>
>>4302023
oy vey, why is this cat trying to sell me moon sugar?
>>
>>4305893
… after which they are incredibly cute.
>>
Cat behavior question

Is it personality or instinctual that a feral cat won't let her fully weaned kittens (4 month) approach and eat from the same plate as her?

Because I see those same kittens have no trouble approaching and eating with a different mom with much younger kittens (1 month)
>>
>>4299606
what happens if a cat dont feed her kittens? i have a cat and her kitens died and she still have milk, could she get sick or something?
>>
Bros, my kitten just randomly hissed at me
I was just standing and he
>hiss
WHY AND WHAT DO I DID TO YOU, LITTLE FAG
>>
Do young kittens (~3 months) just leave for a few days like older cats do? This stray cat had a litter around my place and one of them is missing since yesterday. It's the countryside and they were pretty independent but still it strikes me like something too brave even for them.
>>
My little shit gets frustrated and starts attacking me when my mom leaves the house. What do?
>>
>>4305798
I like to put the litter box inside a bigger cardboard tray that is a few inches wider than the litter box.
>>
>>4305785
I had a cat who was really finicky about his litter and would poop in the bath tub if his box wasn't as clean as he would like. >>4305793
Why wouldn't you want to sleep with your kitten? They also keep their own hours and get bored when their human sleeps through the best part of the day. He will start to mellow out over the next few months.
>>
my fucking retard cat got spooked and tried to jump onto some railing but over shot it and fell like 12 feet. What do I need to watch for to make sure hes ok, I know cats hide their pain.
>>
Cat killing e-whore got doxed on r9k
>>>/r9k/70276209
>>
>>4306972
Doesn't matter, nobody is going to do shit about her anyways.
>>
>>4306903
>like 12 feet
He'll be fine, just look for anything thats off baseline. Cat's are well equipped to deal with falls of that height, unless he ate shit on the landing probably just some bruised toe beans and sore shoulders.
>>
>>4304125
pick her up
>>
I know it's silly but I get so happy every time I see my kitten using his litter box.

Never had to potty train him or anything he instinctively knew that's where the poop and pee goes, it instantly improves my mood when I see him there.

I could never see myself having another type of animal now.
>>
File: kot.jpg (721 KB, 2268x4032)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
cat let me play video games
>>
>>4305823
This might be the toxo talking, but to me that looks like a super chill and not pissed off expression.
>>
>cat learned that meowing gets my attention
fucking little bitch won't shut the fuck up now
>>
>>4299606
How can I best write my will to benefit kot's as a species?
>>
>>4302299
By 4 months old they become perfect escape artists, like horny teenagers on meth. So watch out and be prepared to use a ladder.
>>
what is /kot/'s opinion on catnip?
>>
>>4307354
i don't know if it's good or bad but my little dude turns into a fiend for it
>>
File: 20220824_155632.jpg (2.89 MB, 4000x3000)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
Our little boy passed away today, very young. Miss him so much
>>
>>4302767
blahblablah
my elderly cat and my fattest cat kill big rats, rats bigger than a human foot. But my cats, none of them, will mess with magpies or pigeons, but hese winged noisy fellas will make loud squeaky noises whenever my cats are napping at the front yard, almost as if they were trying to pick a fight with felines. Truth is, we know shit about animals.
>>
>>4300036
>>4300038
>>4300041
>>4300035
i have one of these for my cats and as long as the clips are done and everything is tight enough, i've never had one slip out even though they've tried
>>
File: 1663824398733743.webm (2 MB, 540x960)
2 MB
2 MB WEBM
bros...
>>
>>4306676
got spooked from something.
>>
My friend took his kitten to get it spayed and it dropped dead when they gave it a pre-surgery injection. Is this normal or did the vet fuck up?
>>
should i take my cat for a walk? he likes to go out on his own.
>>
>>4306903
My cat got baited out of a 2nd storey window by a butterfly and it was fine
>>
>>4307519
How old was the kitten?
>>
>>4300987
reminds me of when we took my cat to the vet for ringworm at 4 months, and I pointed out a little pink bump he had on his belly and the vet looked at me like a retard and said that was one of his nipples.
>>
File: IMG_20220922_121731.jpg (3.25 MB, 3387x2940)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB JPG
>>
>>4307357
I'm sorry. :( How old?
RIP
>>4306408
It's hard to tell. In your case it makes me wonder if it really is a personality thing.
A stray mom (now spayed) here kept sharing food with her kittens and playing with them even after they were fully weaned.
>>4306706
Maybe but at that age the kittens usually stay all together. The reason might be something else. I hope it comes back and nothing bad happened to it.
>>
>>4307445
save me niggercat
>>
>>4307547
Reminds me of that story where someone with pet hedgehog tried to pull of his penis because he thought it's a pimple
>>
>>4306903
When I moved to my current place my cat immediately went upstairs where there is a railing and she just jumped off, probably like 12+ feet and it was fine
Spooked it enough it never did it again though
>>
>>4307544
I think 4-6 months
>>
>>4307445
>DAMMIT CJ! ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE RED DOT!
>>
>>4307445
Big Meownce: Professional street nigga
>>
>>4307583
Only 1 year and 4 months. He got a blocked urethra and a bladder infection which led to respiratory symptoms and we had to our him down before he died in immense pain. Too young to go
>>
>>4307906
That's very young for spay. My local vet doesn't spay any cat below 8 months.
>>
>>4308082
Not that anon but I know when I adopted my cat from the shelter they already had him scheduled for his surgery at like 3 months.
I thought it was early, but they covered the costs, so I just went with it.
Every other cat I've had I got fixed when they were like 6-8 months.
>>
>>4308082
>>4308126
You should ideally spray before the first heat to reduce chances of cancer to basically 0
>>
>>4307926
lol xD
>>
>>4307286
Cool, unusual fur. More pictures?
>>
>>4307445
This is the best thing I’ve seen in a while. :)
Also, more of your cat?
>>
So I’ve been trying to figure this out for years and just keep giving up. What breed do you think my buddy is?
>>
>>4308195
Big orange and fluffy
>>
>>4308197
>>
>>4308130
Ive only had male cats.
Usually I kind of wait for their behavior to change and then get them fixed before they start spraying or getting too territorial.
>>
>>4308197
>>4308199
Nice kitty
>>
>>4308195
Unless you paid good money to a breeder for something specific, your cat is going to be domestic short hair or domestic long hair.
>>
File: 1663940076571.jpg (3.03 MB, 3008x3013)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
Started harness-training my kitty. I feel like this type of harness is not very secure, does anyone have experience walking a cat with this type of harness? I'm considering switching over to a vest harness once she's bigger and more comfortable with it.
>>
File: 91TCGMa0ZuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (280 KB, 1500x1124)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
What is the goyslop equivalent for cats? I need to keep (((them))) from controlling my precious kitties
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Why is my cat suddenly speaking in kavalierbariton? All I did was feed him some chicken livers and eggs.
>>
>>4301380
CUTE
>>
File: 1655621004071.jpg (60 KB, 750x750)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Hi /an/,

I live alone and want a cat, but I've never had one. Where do I even get one from, Petsmart? And how do you take care of them? I'm usually at work 10-12 hours a day, would that be away from them too long if I left them at home alone?

Also, are there any good medicines I could take for cat allergies? My friend has a cat and I get itchy eyes/runny nose around him.
>>
>>4308686
>good medicines I could take for cat allergies
Take Claritin. I take one a day and it definitely helps.
>>
File: 306919354.jpg (2.27 MB, 3024x4032)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB JPG
we adopted this little lady last sunday
she was scared for 2 or 3 days but is becoming very friendly
>>
>>4308686
Check your local shelters. Its pretty cheap to adopt.
As for allergies, certain breeds of cat are more hypoallergenic than others. You can also mitigate a lot of the issues by regularly brushing and grooming the cat, vacuuming carpet and upholstery all the time, getting a good air filter, or visiting an allergy specialist. These days they can give you a little bottle that you put a drop under your tongue every day and it will prevent the allergic reaction to whatever you might be allergic too.
Its also worth noting that if you deal with an environmental allergen constantly your body will start to develop a tolerance to it.
>>
>>4308474
Just avoid anything with grains and byproduct as the top ingredients.
Depending on how much effort you want to put into it you can feel your cat real food, chicken and organ meat is always a favorite of every cat. At my local grocery store in the pet food aisle they have a small cold case where they have premade fresh pet food.
Hell pet food in general is a pretty recent thing, people used to just feed dogs and cats table scraps, and especially for cats if they wanted anything extra they had to hunt it themselves.
>>
One of my cats sleeping on my lap
>>
Why this board hate dog or cat owners?
>>
>>4308474
Fancy feast classic is actually pretty good and not retarded espensive.
All the "grain free" and "all natural" shit is a racket.
>>
>>4308919
Grain is just cheap bullshit filler that doesn't do anything but bloat your cat.
>>
>>4300035
what are you nation state from writing?
>>
>>4308686
Anon, I'll be honest, if you'll be away for 10-12 hours a day it would be very good to take two cats, preferably a bonded pair. Cats get lonely too, and if you're not around all day (and sleep through most of the time that you are home) a single cat could get very lonely. This could also lead to issues at night - a single cat will often sleep all day waiting for the owner, and then will want to release all that energy playing when the owner gets back. Could cause the cat to try to wake you up at night. Two cats will usually wear each other out.
>>
>>4308936
My vet said those will most often use other fillers that aren't any good, either, but i forgot what it was exactly.
>>
Anyone ever dealth with ringworm? Worst part is that it's a borderline feral cat that I already took to get fixed, and the ringworm shows up now ffs. It was hard enough trapping the cat to take it the first time, it ain't gonna go again. Why won't vet cocksuckers prescribe you meds without seeing a fucking stray?
>>
>>4308441
Cute kot; more pictures, please. Give her a pat/hug from me.
>harness
Why’s it needed?
>>
I just adopted a cat that was hit by a car and left on the street, he is going to be okay according to the vet but will not be able to walk for a while since he got some fractures on the hip, how should I take care of a cat? I've only lived with dogs and have no idea how to take care of him.
>>
>>4308973
only important thing is that more things are toxic to cats than to dogs. so be careful feeding him table scraps, him getting into chemicals and shit, or plants.
>>
>>4308936
my cats eat something with grain because it's the only thing I've found that they could tolerate without the shits. I tried two grain free foods and they had digestive/bowel issues. just because something is "grain free" means fuck all when it has other shit in it that cat's don't eat in the wild. unless you're feeding raw meat, you can't really ride a high-horse. my cats are healthy and have good bowel movements on their goyslop, so I leave it as is. it's not trash-tier though, it's mid-grade purina pro plan.
>>
>>4308082
8 months is too old, they can get pregnant before then. the shelters that recommend like 3 months is too early though. Ideally you want to wait until at least like 4 months if I remember correctly.
>>
>>4308760
Smol kot. I require you to post plentiful footage (please).
>>4308860
Very comfy. One of my cats would sometimes sleep in my arms/on my chest. Nice that you got him/her a big mouse pad as well.
>>
>>4307519
not normal. it does happen, and they warn you for legal reasons... but not normal at all.
>>
>>4308993
>Smol kot.
Hmm, the site stripped away my Unicode heart for some reason. It should (essentially) say:
>Smol kot. <3
>>
File: aLpM356_460s.jpg (49 KB, 460x425)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>semi feral cat shows up
>starving, terrified
>he sticks around out on the porch for over a week
>bitey at first, but starts to let me pick him up
>bathe him, feed him, make him a bed in a box
>then one night he just disappears
goodbye hobo cat
>>
>>4309005
he's either dead or found pussy. pussy is stronger than any other craving.
>>
>go outside to grab something from my car
>see a shadowy animal silhouette sitting in my driveway, thought it was a raccoon
>sneak up to it
>it’s this little bastard (picrel)
>it instantly meows at me, walks up to me and starts rubbing up on my legs
>I spent the next 30 mins just petting it while it rolled over on its back and purred and meowed the whole time
>went inside, found some canned salmon I had, put it on my porch
>the cat is out there right now eating

So uh, I’ve never owned a cat, and know next to nothing about them, but… could I keep this one? It’s so adorable and friendly. It doesn’t have a collar, and it has like a gash in the crease behind its ear. Besides that it looks normal.

Why did it choose me?
>>
Anyone here sleep with their cat?

I have a kitten and I let him climb into my bed if he wants to but then I am unable to fall asleep because I can't change to a comfortable position or adjust myself too much with him there. He also twitches/kicks a lot during dreams and wakes me up multiple times, and his fur also makes me a itchy when he rubs it on my skin while he moves.

Maybe sleeping with your pet is just a meme
>>
File: 1246272697184.jpg (143 KB, 1920x1080)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
I have a kitten who is living practically at my front door. I want him to move to the backyard since I have a lot of bushes he can hide in and a lot of space to run. Problem is he won't stay there. Every time I bring him there he will start growling and meowing really loudly. He will run around and then find a place to jump over the fence where he will then go out front to end up at my front door again. No I can't take him in the house. My wife is allergic to cats. No my cat rescue won't take him and I'm having a hard time finding someone to take him in. I just don't want him sleeping out in plain view of other cats on my doormat.
>>
File: 1664010406017.jpg (2.76 MB, 2736x1761)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
>>4308972
Pats given. The harness is for walking outside in the future (if she likes it)
>>
>>4308876
Every board has its console war.
>>4308967
Maybe he didn't have ringworms before. There are effective treatments and you don't need a vet to apply it, just be very careful with the dosage.
>>
>>4309046
You've been kind with it, gave it food (also provide water too) so it has now learned that your place is cat-friendly and will probably show up to get food and company for free.
If you decide to keep it, the basic things to do are: check up visit to the vet, neutering/spaying, microchip if you're planning to keep it also/exclusively outdoor.
Good luck. I hope to see more of it in the future and to know if it's male or female.
>>
>>4309153
Put him up to adoption, put a box outside for him where to sleep and eat.
Insist with the rescue, contact a no-kill shelter or social media groups with volunteers in your area.
>>
File: Bub.jpg (80 KB, 1200x1077)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>4299606
My sister adopted one of her boyfriend's cats, and then, she brought her home since she was apparently not allowed to have cats in the dorm of her college. She named her Mari, but I call her Bubby.

After having her at home these past few months, I have come to the conclusion that most cats would be happier in the wild, as opposed to being trapped at home wishing to go outside. Bubby doesn't even like being held for 2 minutes at a time, and that's only when she wants to. I'm sick of catering to bossy cats, they want to be treated like human beings, and it's so silly to me. I hope my sister comes and picks her up. I have definitely learned that I am more of a dog person, because at least dogs don't pull away from you every time you want to be affectionate or loving. And dogs are loyal and care about you. Cats are indifferent roommates at best, and while I wanted to give cats as pets a whirl, I've come to the conclusion that most of them want nothing more than to go outside, roam around, chase mice/bugs/birds, and relax and sleep most of the day. If that's what they want, I'll let them have it. Cats make pretty good exterminators, and Strays enjoy being petted, as opposed to every feisty and aggressive domestic cat ever.

Oh, and I suppose they make for funny memes too.
>>
>>4309140
Get used to it.
>>
>>4309267
>cat does not like me
>all cats are now bad
>become dog faggot
Many such cases.
>>
>>4309273
My Grandma's cats are no better, they were far feistier than Bubby. Most housecats I've met are all aggressive jerks who don't like anyone except their owners, and that's only transactional love, because they only respect those who feed them. Like women, they only love you for what you can do for them. Dogs are not quite as shallow, even if they're simple minded.

Dogs are Grateful and learn to truly respect and appreciate your care and company and grow to be loyal to the end, and they make for excellent companions and hunting partners.

Cats don't do any of that, even the ones that act like dogs. They do what they want, and demand your attention only when they feel like it, not when you're available.

If anyone's a faggot here, it's anyone who puts up with being treated like shit, and a cat is a professional at doing that. They're like bad roommates who snore too loud, and take up space, and don't care about how you feel.

SO NO, it wasn't just one cat, it was MOST of the HUNDREDS of cats I have run into, ALL THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.

The only nice cats I ever came across were the occasional Strays(most keep their distance, but occasionally some of them say hello and come see you if you're close by and maybe have some food or something), and they're nice, because they like being cared for on occasion, while living an independent life out in the wild, where they truly belong. They're more at peace with themselves in their natural habitat.

And While dogs can enjoy the wild too, dogs have been domesticated fully. However, they can transition to both lifestyles, fending for food with other dogs, or living peacefully with their owners.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend, and it shows. Cats are just Cats.
>>
>>4309296
>not when you're available.
You never have had a cat xD
>>
>>4309296
>SO NO, it wasn't just one cat, it was MOST of the HUNDREDS of cats I have run into, ALL THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.
I had around me like 15 cats including wild cats and you made this shit up, unironically
>>
>>4309332
I wish you were right. I wish my sister would take Bubby with her today. Bubby's better off away from the house, always begging to leave and shit.
>>
>>4309334
>HurDur, you're wrong because I own 15 cats
Go fuck yourself, you catfaggot. This was an HONEST take, Bubby is as real as they come, and she bellows at my door every fucking day reminding me of how conditional she is, not wanting to be held, but then demanding it the moment I leave the room and close my door. I of course, ignore her, but but that doesn't mean Bubby isn't a real needy bitch cat.
>>
>>4309337
For Fuck's sake, she started bellowing the moment I sent this reply.
>>
>>4309337
>Doesn't train his cat
>Wtf why is my cat untrained
>>
Cat has been sleeping inside her litter box lately, though she never uses it usually, she always manages to do her business outside. I brought her to the vet, she is apparently fine physically speaking, got her a shot for digestive inflammation and some malt paste for hair ball control i think. She's eating and drinking well.
Would that be because of stress ? There is also a stray cat coming around every night asking for food, also being pregnant. She's pretty harmless, but my cat just doesn't like it where she's around probably because of territorial issues
>>
>>4309518
It could be caused by stress, or just a territorial behaviour.
>>
am I supposed to be brushing my cat? I thought they groomed themselves but I noticed that he has a bit of matting so I'm worried that either I'm being negligent or that he has some sort of health issue preventing him from grooming properly. or maybe he's just lazy?
>>
File: 20220916_142539.jpg (3.83 MB, 4000x3000)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
I'm about to get rid of my cat of 8 because her urination problems have been out of control in the last 2 months. She always had problems with this occasionally and but lately its like everyday she's peeing in my floor or something. Literboxes cleaned regularly, I play with her and give attention when she want it but nothing has help. I was still going to take her to the vet Tuesday as they want to che m uti but pretty certain that's not it as it doesn't fit the previous times she had one and is noe on prescription food. She still uses the boxes just not all the time and I'm constantly paranoid there going to be pure. Picked up some.pretty littler.to see if that gives insight before getting to the vet but are there any other things I might be missing to try before seeing the vet in a few days? I feel really bad about having to do this but I just don't see any other options as I can't just have a cat peeing all over my house any more. Currently have her back in a bathroom with the necessities.
>>
>>4309668
there are a lot more health issues than just uti's that can lead to your cat pissing everywhere. stress and changes in the environment could also cause it. it's very cruel and irresponsible to get rid of a cat you've taken care of for so long. get her a diaper or give a dedicated section of your house to her
>>
>>4309673
I had moved but in the past that hasnt caused problems, except for maybe a week not multiple months, I don't see any sources of stress her personality as it seems the same as its always been otherwise. The dedicated section of the house i dont see as an option. I'm not confining her to a single room in my house for a number of reasons. The diaper thin is maybe a problem but then they are just in that even when using the box (not to mention i have no desire to have a cat already in diapers. I do feel really bad about doing it and i guess i could try diapers for some time but i wont be spending another 6+ years doing cat diapers.,
>>
>>4309687
>>4309673
also with regards to the diapers, based on what ive observed of her other over the last 8 years she would absolutely have doing this just as I would,
>>
File: IMG_20220924_233802.jpg (851 KB, 1536x2048)
851 KB
851 KB JPG
They ban me because my cat is cuter than theirs, simple as
>>
>>4309250
I was able to get him back there. Fuck all your gay ass suggestions. Little nigga is mine.
>>
>>4309664
Long fur cat? If so, matting is normal and you should brush him every week. Regardless of the fur cats should be brushed frequently.
>>
>>4309668
I'm sorry for the problem that you are facing but please don't give up and ask for help, do all the medical exams that have to be done and try all options. It is a terrible act to abandon a friend just because it might be sick or have a behavioral issue.
>>
>>4309763
>>4309765
naw I'm pretty sure it's for a few different reasons
https://4bans.tk:1776/?com=hitlerina&board=&rule=
>>
File: Mr Wolfgang.jpg (1012 KB, 3200x2400)
1012 KB
1012 KB JPG
Am i tripping or is my cat fucking huge?
He is more than twice as big as all my other cats.
>>
>>4309990
>Mr Wolfgang
Your cats name is unique.
Also yes that a big kitty.
>>
>>4309990
thats a 1ft long ruler right?
So that cat is like 3ft long?
>>
>>4309993
115cm long yes.
about 65cm tall, weighs 12kg
>>
>>4309994
Your cat... weighs 12kg? as in 26 pounds?
Jesus fucking christ post his paws in your hand?
>>
File: hand shake.jpg (1.21 MB, 2400x3200)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>4309995
>>
>>4309998
wtf i want one.
>>
>>4309990
>>4309994
>>4309998
Thats like the size of a savanah cat?
Damn ye that a big cat.
>>
>>4310003
Aren't they way bigger than that? Like 20-30kg?
>>
>>4309986
I laugh
>>
>>4309909
I take her to the vet Tuesday.i had gotten some of that pretty litter stuff and from what it says her urine is normal. She continued to do it so she's getting kept in a bathroom until the vet. Not sure what all may be done but I won't be going down any expensive medical routes. She's also kind of always been a bitch about peeing on stuff just not anywhere near this extreme
>>
File: cat tree.jpg (165 KB, 704x1280)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
What's the best cat tree design? I lot of them look complex yet gimmicky so I thinking about something like this.
>>
>>4309880
he's short hair so that's why I thought it was a little weird. I'll start getting him used to a brush though, is just a slicker fine?
>>
>Mother cats will bite their kittens to correct their behavior, as well as to pick them up or keep them still while they're being groomed. Biting may seem like an aggressive form of disciplining a kitten, but it's an effective method.

But if you hit one for the same reason while being a bipedal monkey then you're le abuser. Why the double standard?
>>
>>4310280
Yeah it's fine
>>
>>4310564
Same reason you pay taxes, I guess.
>>
>>4310140
I like those that have built-in toys
>>
>>4310564
That's because you can hit with such power that the kitten gets seriously injured
Nothing wrong with giving your kitten a gentle smack but the context is important. It's not an effective way of training the cat to do/not do what you want, but it's effective when you wanna let your cat know not to mess with YOU directly (for example if your cat pounces at you or gets rough while playwrestling).
>>
>Cat went missing last year
>Still holding on to hope that he's okay
>>
>>4310716
A friend of friends saw his cat suddenly return home after 2 years.
>>
File: 20220926_154113.jpg (2.4 MB, 3264x1836)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
Here she is the majestic fluffer
>>
Im cat sitting a friend's cat for some weeks.
Am i handling the litterbox correctly?
Its close to our main bathroom and he seems comfortable using it.
So whenever i hear his rustling the litter i wait and when he leaves i scoop whatever with a small shovel with holes on it, like a sieve? sort to speak.
If its poop i drop it on the toilet and if its the conglomerated litter from pee i put it on a bag by the litter box, the bag is closed.
Then my idea is once i have fathered a couple or three days of "piss litter" i just knot the bag and drop it on the garbage.
Thing is that when its piss i dont get all the conglomerated litter i get most but some of it will break or drop through the shovel "holes".
There is no problem with that right? i mean at any point im assuming the litterbox has like a 2% of "piss litter" on it.
Advice?
>>
>>4311063
>Then my idea is once i have fathered a couple or three days of "piss litter"
Gathered GATHERED

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.