[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

how cool would these little niggers be if they were dog sized?
>>
>>4262854
I'd like to take a running kick and smash a steel toed boot under its "face" and watch it go flying
>>
>>4262935
go to jail for animal cruelty
>>
>>4262935
this is what should be done to dogs anyway
>>
>>4263067
>>4262935
Haha wow you guys are so cool and awesome! I hope to be like you one day! Not, do the world a favor and do a flip.
>>
>>4262854
Don't even mention dogs on this board, half the people here would put their dicks inside that
giant tardigrade mouth.
>>
>>4263090
a hole's a hole
>>
>>4262938
Invertebrates are not animals.
>>
>>4263077
Only if its to drop a knee on a Tardigrades neck
>>
>>4262854
Probably would be some deep sea creature that go blobfish when brought to the surface. Also despite the memes they aren’t indestructible chuck norris badasses who don’t give a shit about adverse environmental conditions. They can survive by becoming inactive like drying up when the water is gone and rehydrating when there is water again or becoming a bloated shit when there is little oxygen but they don’t thrive in those conditions and are easily killed by a lot of things.
>>
>>4262854
They would kill you and everyone you care about without hesitation. You should be grateful they are so small.
>>
>>4263161
They are much weaker than pop science makes you think https://youtu.be/kux1j1ccsgg
>>
>>4263113
My brother in god, I do it a thousand times over whenever I kneel on moss.
>>
>>4263133
>easily killed by a lot of things.
Oh yeah? Name 3
>>
>>4263621
dutch oven'd to death after I eat chili
>>
File: tardigrade.jpg (195 KB, 540x563)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>
File: 76578.jpg (22 KB, 600x600)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>4263664
what the fuck
>>
They would be the best pet invertebrates if you use the Clint's Replies score categories. Once we confirm Life on Mars is non-existent, plant a lot of engineered plants that can survive the planet's conditions and send all of them there and let them reproduce, seed life to the dead planet. Now we go back and Mars has some cool flora and fauna on it to make it less boring. They would diversify into different species and evolve, maybe some go underground and others live on the icy caps.
>>
>>4263621
>>4263664
>>4263674
Tardigrades can survive adverse conditions for a limited time by entering an inactive state where their metabolism slows down to near zero. They can’t live, feed and reproduce under those conditions and they don’t enter that state instantly whenever they need. An active tardigrade exposed to temperatures like the human body internal temperature would die in a day or two. Our immune system would fuck them up, a bunch of unicellular predators eat them from the outside or from the inside, nematode worms eat them as well. Even eating wrong can get them killed, eating a worm that trashes too much? Dislodged mouth and it will die, got mouth clogged with debris? Dead as well. They are basically one of those guys with a bomb shelter at home. If he have time to get in the shelter he could survive an atomic bomb but if he is outside of it a stick could kill him.
>>
>>4263844
how would the immune system hurt tards? they can be up to 1mm long in size so they are way bigger than white blood cells
>>
>>4263848
Zerg rush https://youtu.be/tRgq3v1W61w
Lots of parasites want to live inside our bodies and they all had to evolve special defenses to avoid getting fucked up.
>>
>>4263664
This sounds like woo. Like some cunt is going to start trying to sell bags of "Tardigrades" to Americans who can't afford medical treatment but are desperate enough to give away all of their money to a PHD in Holistic woo-foolery from the internet.
>>
>>4263856
what are they doing to it?
>>
>>4263862
Hugs!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.