[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 20 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Working at a shitty trailer park today I opened a telephone riser to mark a buried telephone line and got stung 2-3 times by what looked like a paper wasp (work in central FL). I have been stung by wasps before and this is definitely the worst one. Picrel is my right hand after 6 hours. 2nd pic is my left hand. Will been fine tomorrow just surprised how long it is lasting.

Anyone else have bad wasp stings?
>>
File: thumbnail_20220804_185245.jpg (238 KB, 1280x1219)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>4261790
I hate wasp.
>>
File: image000000(2).jpg (520 KB, 2592x1944)
520 KB
520 KB JPG
The bastards that got me.
>>
>>4261790
Man that sucks, I have lots of wasps and bees and they never bother me. I leave their nests up all over my porch and in my sheds all summer and tear them down when they are clearly empty. Wife used to hate it but they have never bothered her either so she's just used to it now.
>>
Honest question, how painful are thoses stings? I always manage to flee
>>
>>4261790
How the fuck are you so terrible at English while being American?
>>
>>4262444
He’s speaking American, a more efficient and intelligent version of the kween’s english which eliminates needless self references and uses sensible contractions to condense sentences and parenthesis to denote the “pause and mutter” of American speech to express clarifications in fewer words. This makes American more information dense than bonglandian, a testament to the superior intelligence of god’s chosen country.
>>
File: 3y45.jpg (25 KB, 680x384)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>Plan to set up new hummingbird feeder away
>Because they broke the perch on the ceramic feeder two years ago no bird lived in there
>Take it down to put feeder up
>Full of wasps
>Drop it
>Go to the ceramic house out from
>Full of MORE waspst
>Go to the farm bell
>Full of wasps

Two days ago I killed around 100 wasps just blastin the spray. Needed to get more.
The ones on the front feeder are still trying to build on the stand for the house. There were like 20 swarming at night like how bees swarm when making a nest. I'll get them tonight.
>>
>>4262286
Should have put a quarter next to them for size reference.
>>
>>4261790
I was looking for a little round bump on your hand so I thought you were a huge fat guy
>>
>>4262286
bring food offerings to appease them
>>
>>4262365
Well, I did put my hand into their nest.
>>
>>4262466
my nightmare
>>
File: 20220330_091219.jpg (1.69 MB, 2301x2254)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
>>4262402
A single paper wasp isn't that bad. Pain from the sting for a little bit and small bump. This time I put my hand in their fucking nest, felt like a hot needle went through my hand. It is still swollen and tender even now, the swelling has gone down some I can at least see my knuckles now. I think every wasp in that nest got me. One of the fuckers got me in the knuckle too.
>>
File: 20210902_132835.jpg (1.51 MB, 3464x2805)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>4262554
Nope 6'2'' 170lb lanklet.
>>
File: 20210909_144941.jpg (1.76 MB, 3002x2457)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>4262444
Go be a faggot somewhere else.
>>
File: 20211227_135016.jpg (2.07 MB, 4116x3902)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
>>4262556
I hate wasps but they are good predators, so I let them live instead of hosing them down with marking paint.
>>
>>4262402
It feels like someone stuck a white-hot needle in you, the pain following is like a bad sprain, like muscular pain and there's itching and burning and the area throbs.
>>
File: 20220805_195445.jpg (2.61 MB, 4148x3804)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
>>4262776
My hand is still messed up from those fuckers.

Anyone else have stories about getting fucked up by venomous/poisonous insects?
>>
>>4261790
>>4262806
Few months ago I had to move a roof ladder and one started stinging while I was carrying it.
And one shouldn't just let go while carrying a ladder with another person, so I fought through the pain for another 40 seconds.
Hand started to swell and later that night I fell on the ground and tried to use my hands to save my face.
Anyways I'm pretty sure my thumb got dislocated for a few seconds because it hurt immensely and looked like your first picture the next day.
Couldn't ball my hand up into a fist or hold a fork properly for about 3 days.
>>
>>4262806
this doesn't count as I didn't get fucked up, but at the time I thought I could be.

I had my palm about 4 inches under a nest, I was giving it the remains of a caterpillar I found, I thought they might go for it. They did. But it almost fell, so I jerked my hand a little to catch it. Sudden movements are illegal around the nest, so one wasp instantly darted down, stung my in the finger, then went back up again. First time I been stung, and I didn't know if I was allergic or not, so I just backed away. I swear she was looking at me like she was sorry, body language was not aggressive. Turns out it was a dry sting, a warning shot. Five minutes afterward I couldn't tell which finger got stung.

So I guess I still don't know if I'm allergic or not
>>
>>4262806
A yellowjacet got caught underneath my shirt once and stung lie 10-15 times, a dotted line from my belly to my shoulder. Doing the last few she didn't have any poison left though.

I also encountered some kind of stinging ant in a swamp that hurt so bad I thought I somehow rammed a long nail or stick deep into my flesh.

Also this summer I stepped into a bee or the first time.
>>
im absolutely terrified of wasps
I would legitimately rather be chased by somebody with a knife than do something like knock down a wasp nest
>>
>>4263176
anyone at anytime can go into anaphylactic shock even if you have been stung 100 times in the past. very low chance put possible. if you were allergic i think a dry sting would have set something off
>>
>>4261790
>>4261793
That really sucks.
>>
>>4263530
What about a wasp chasing you with a knife?
>>
>>4264013
too comical to imagine
unless they were mega-giant wasps
I'd rather kill myself before letting a wasp that size get close to me
>>
Why are solitary wasps so cool/chill but hive wasps are such enormous motherfuckers?
>>
When I was like 7 years old I was out picking blueberries on my aunt's property with her and stepped on a wasps nest in the field. I got stung like 30 times and had to go to the hospital it was pretty cool. I think I just passed out instantly once they started getting on me because I legit did not remember a single fucking thing from that event, my mental timeline was basically just BZZZZZZZZZ to waking up in bed at my aunts house eating a popsicle. I don't even remember the hospital trip.
>>
>>4261790
Once got stung by a paper wasp at work near the outside of the elbow. Didn't have too much of a reaction, but I guess because it was close to the joint I would get pain down the arm for 4 or 5 months if I strained it with too much weight.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.