[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Hi guys. I am going away for the weekend and have never left my kitten alone for more than a few hours. My neighbor has offered to check on her each day or host her at his flat. I'm torn between whether it's best for her to stay in an environment she's comfortable with (but be alone for long periods of time) or putting her in a new environment where she could be more stressed. Any advice or thoughts?
>>
>>4215657
Depends on the cat. Being a kitten they are more adaptive than a adult. If they are super friendly and social, put them in the neighbors place. If they are shy and prefer solitude, keep them at your place.
>>
>>4215657
Neighbour, 100%.
Hell I take my cat with me sometimes when I go to family dinner or whatever. Cats adapt and learn to trust you when you let them have new experiences
>>
Yeah that's fine people generally overestimate how much animals need while living with the bare minimum themselves

Your dog can go weeks without walks or really anything and many dogs can substitute other activities for walks
Cats don't need much companionship at all, just fresh water and metered food so they don't get fat and the situation doesn't attract pests
Most birds can languish for a few months and still be fine
etc

meanwhile people freak out over all that while 75% of their waking hours are subsumed by soulless work and commuting
>>
>>4215657
Just have the neighbor pop in imo.
>>
>>4215657
Even if the cat is okay in solitude normally, it may do a 180 when you leave for longer. I would suggest leaving it at home and asking neighbor to move it if it seems attention starved.
>>
>>4215657
Real talk: you're fine either way. Just do it right whichever way you do it.

Make sure your neighbor is a definite animal lover and know that they'll take good care of her. Or leave her at home with a few bowls of water around the house and a fat bowl of cat food for a couple days and she'll be fine.

Those would be my concerns.
>>
You're fine. just have someone watch it for a couple of days
>>
>>4215657
Keep it in your home. Have them feed, water, and check litter box if necessary.

Pay neighbor money afterwards.
>>
>>4215657
bro just put out two bowls of food two bowls of water and it should be fine for a few days

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.