[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 62 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: IMG_20220623_185035.jpg (568 KB, 1850x832)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
Previous >>4206642

Can Stop Feeding Her Peas Edition

Discuss anything aquarium related here, including inhabitants, decor, and issues. Before asking questions in this thread, make sure you give us at least some details when asking a question, such as:

>Tank size (include dimensions, not just volume)
>Parameters (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, pH, GH, KH)
>Any inhabitants + how long you've had them
>Pictures are always helpful

Tank Cycling:
>www.modestfish.com/how-to-cycle-your-aquarium/

Stocking and Water Change Calculator:
>www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php
>www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/EffectiveWaterChange.php

Articles and Care Guides:
>www.seriouslyfish.com/knowledge-base/
>www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/
>www.theaquariumwiki.com/wiki/

Aquatic Plant Database:
>www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/all.php
>www.flowgrow.de/db/aquaticplants

Saltwater shit:
>brs 5 minute guides
>https://youtu.be/AlUv9SRB_g8 [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
>https://reefbuilders.com/reef-tank-setup/
>>
>>4215403
People dip them in all kinds of shit. Some use a sodium hypochlorite solution, some use potassium permanganate, hydrogen peroxide etc.

If you are going to dip your plants, just soak them in fresh water for half an hour, change the bath, soak again and then plant. Don't be the 'bruh I soaked my plants yesterday and now my fish are all fucked up' guy.
>>
What are some cheaper European aquarium producers?
>>
File: minimum size.webm (2.78 MB, 520x360)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>>
>>4215501
Aqua Medic currently is my fav, Blau Aquaristik, JBL, Dennerle but cheapest would prolly be made from some obscure small shop that specializes in making aquariums, they sell inventory really cheap sometimes
>>
File: 290698_1.jpg (255 KB, 1000x1000)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
this isn't a saltwater general right? I looked through the prev threads but it seems everyone has a freshwater tank?
>>
>>4215624
There are less saltwater guys, but yeah just post what you want.
>>
>>4215624
Saltwater is welcome (and incredibly cool) but most of us are freshwater plebs.
>>
Is free-mts anon still out there? Do you ago have any available?
>>
Today on "Battleground: Petco"
>1.5" long oscar: $12
>3" long common pleco: $4
>selling huge fish to noobs: pricless

I'd ask who'd survive longer if you put both in a 20 gallon tank, but it'd obviously be the pleco.
>>
My stem plants are growing almost white leaves. What deficiency is that? I did some researcher and I got different answers.
>>
File: IMG_20220622_213649.jpg (2.04 MB, 3000x4000)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
>>4215627
>>4215631
nice!
Tank's been set up for 3 weeks now, cycle is nearly complete.
I'm the retard kallax stand guy, it's holding up pretty good, I reinforced it with angles and epoxy glued all the seams

Gonna go slow, prolly won't be adding fish but just a small clean up crew in the coming weeks
The middle board is supported behind the sump btw, u can't really see it in the pic
>>
File: IMG_20220623_153258.jpg (990 KB, 2000x2666)
990 KB
990 KB JPG
>>4215676
added a filter reactor today
>filter floss
>carbon
>silicate remover (gonna remove that as soon as my silicates go down)

It's gonna be a kind of experiment, since I will top the tank off with tap water thats only been treated with a mixed resin filter, since silicates are literally the only thing off the charts
>>
Watching people put tanks together and a dude put his soil into mesh laundry bags and then capped it with gravel. Is this an actual thing people do or is he just fucking around?
>>
>>4215687
It's a thing, keeps the soil from mixing in with the gravel.

It's a gay thing, as all extra effort is to be mocked, but it's a thing.
>>
>>4215687
I just put a layer of cotton fabric that will slowly dissolve.
It's a extra effot for not paying the equivalente of 50USD for fertile substrate.
>>
>>4215687
Best use case is when you want a sand substrate appearance but still feed plants without root tabs.
That British guy is annoying though, tears down every tank after a few months at best.
>>
>>4215676
>Tank's been set up for 3 weeks now, cycle is nearly complete.
Keep in mind that the Nitrobacter/Nitrococcus producing Nitrate takes a bit longer in saltwater than in freshwater to propagate. In freshwater it's something like seven hours to double for Nitrosomonas and 13 for Nitrobacter (ideal conditions). In saltwater it's more like double that for the latter.

Also there's a lot of maturing for the system to do before it's really stable, which can take months. Removing silicates will certainly help though.

TL:DR; keep being patient. You need at least triple the patience with saltwater as you do freshwater, but you'll get there. Things looking pretty good from those pics so far.
>>
Do y'all have a line on where to get 30-40 ppi foam blocks or sheets for use in filters?
>>
>>4215850
ebay
>>
File: 1@2x.jpg (30 KB, 500x415)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Opinions on these fellas?
>>
File: image_proxy.jpg (48 KB, 1024x675)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>4215912
kinda inbred, like it a bit too hot for most community tanks.
Get bolivians instead.

Or don't, your decision
>>
File: IMG_20220621_123716 (1).jpg (1.03 MB, 1800x4000)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>4215812
oh yeah def will. Don't wanna rush it as you've said
I did dump bac bottles of two different brands in there and my ammonia currently is 0 while my nitrite is really high but also my nitrate also. Thinking of doing a waterchange because I'm scared my chaeto won't tolerate the high nitrite but dont wanna mess things up so prolly not gonna do anything. Also added liverock and kinda thinking of getting another one from a reefer, just to add more microbiome.
>pic related, menacing amphipod in one of the liverock holes
>>
>>4215912
what got me into the hobby, and its still my favourite.
>>
>>4215932
The inbreeding is what worries me. Hoped they'd be a bit healthier than the retarded gold rams I've had in the past.
>>
>>4215965
As long as you buy in person and see the health you'll probably be good. Just look at the health of the entire group of fish rather than individuals and it's pretty easy to see problems.
>>
>>4215932
>>4215912
Seems like all the cool cichlids need to stay very warm and/or are aggressive.
>>
For those wondering 9 goldfish will survive in a 20 gallon, started with over 30
>>
>>4216012
I've been told Borellii can go unheated, one guy says he keeps them outside yearround in california so they must be able to tolerate dips into the 40s and 50s. I'm putting together a 10 and plan on getting a pair and breeding them.
>>
File: sparkling-gourami-5.jpg (164 KB, 2000x1330)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
Anyone keep these guys before? How often do they make their croaking sounds? I want to set up a cool small planted tank and it'd be cool if the whole set up made noises once in a while.
>>
>>4216014
didn't everyone tell you that doing that is stupid?
>>
>>4216066
Don't respond to bait
>>
File: logarithmic.png (36 KB, 850x636)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>4216014
it ain't over yet
the failure rate curve is logarithmic
>>
>>4215489
>>4215411
Thank you frens. I am looking at land plants like pothos, are they also as safe that I can go through with just quarantining
>>
>>4216128
if I can't kill pothos, no one can
you don't even need to qt a cutting
>>
>>4216065
They're pretty neat, I had 5 in a 20 long and would hear them every other day or so when they'd bicker over something. Very shy fish, with hiding spots you'll hardly see them.
>>
How quickly are RO filters supposed to work? I have one but it takes 1 hour to make 1 gallon, which is so not efficient for my 20 gallon tank.

Are they supposed to take that long?
>>
>>4216135
Will they still make their noises if they're alone? I'm thinking of doing a 5g tank with just 1 of them or do I need multiple for them to argue and make their noises?
>>
>>4216138
They usually have a gallon per day rating.
Either you bought a cheap one with a low rating or you don't have enough water pressure for it to run properly. You would need to get a water pressure meter to check if that's the problem, if so you could buy a booster pump.
>>
>>4216138
depends on your pressure, but that's normal
I get 80+ psi out of the tap and it takes about 15 mins to fill a gallon
>>
>>4216133
Thanks. How about pathogens? Are there any concerns there or will the qt take care of it
>>
>>4216165
Cool, I'll look into that. Thanks!
>>
File: 20220621_143752.jpg (2.16 MB, 3000x3747)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
Keep catching these gobies on the lake. I'm tempted to bring one home lmao
>>
>>4216166
Thanks, I'll check out what my pressure is.
>>
>>4215480
I have several questions, but for context, please understand that I am an idiot and I gladly take any criticisms.
I bought a 29 gallon for my first tank, set it up with plastic shit and a bonsai wood thing. Fast forward and I failed horribly. Algae, weird white crawly things in the substrate, stinky water. Emptied it out and the tank has been sitting bare in a basement for at least a year, not cleaned since.
After lurking and learning more, I feel ready to start again, albeit slowly and carefully. Is my old tank not good for use anymore? Could I deep clean it or should I start completely fresh?
>>
>>4216139
I have 1 left and have not heard him since the others died off. The croaking is something they do when interacting with others of the same species.
>>
>>4216189
Should be fine. You can use white vinegar to clean off any hard water that might be on it, after wash with just water and use a razor blade on any stubborn spots.
It sounds like you were overfeeding from the problems you had, it's a really common problem.
>>
>>4216201
I am hesitant to explain more of my fuck ups but I believe that was just one issue. Was salesman'd into buying a batch of lil red tetras that I ended up hating. Was "given" lil crawfish things that murdered each other and then went after the tetras. White slime/string started growing on bonsai tree. Had a snail also. That mf straight up dissapeared. Saw lil wriggly white things living in the substrate. Decided to nuke this abomination of an eco system once it all died off.
When I start again, I plan on starting slow. I would like to do something that has variety. Love the idea of lil shrimps or crawfish but they don't seem to play nice with majority of fish. So I am still undecided on that. Of course the idea of a functioning ecosystem in a tank is a mesmerizing idea but I want to find something I enjoy and stick with that
>>
I have a long boy aquarium.

90x30x25.

Ideas for this tank?
>>
>>4216216
Little shrimps can be fine with other fish, the fish will probably be the ones snacking on them. Def stay away from crawfish. I would recommend starting out with some really hardy fish like platys, or something similarly indestructible. They can come in a lot of fun colors.

Are you interested in doing a planted tank?
>>
>can't put in more than half an algae wafer in or angelfish will try to eat itself to death
Fucking triangle shaped food vacuums
>>
>>4216216
>White slime/string
Is probally bacteria + fungae eating wood from you tank, is warmless and means that you have somewhat health biorganism, it will go away after some time, you can simply remove it but is natural for all new tanks.
>>
File: ua.jfif.jpg (132 KB, 960x1280)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
This is my new boy.
>>
>>4216236
Yes, I've seen so many cool plants. I love the idea of the sea grass, and duckweed, but I know those two probably contradict each other. Bamboo is cool also.
>>
>>4216066
They were/are noobs
>>4216082
I'm going to add some more fish because I have to room now
>>
>>4216243
Cool! Yeah I found I had much better success with fish when I switched to planted tanks.

I would start of with a low tech - get some easy low light plants like cryptocoryns, anubias, and java ferns. Those plants can all do fine with root tabs. I love duckweed but it's a bitch to remove if you ever decide you don't like it.
>>
>>4216240
should have given the scape more thought. Would be better if you had some variation in the ground rather than flat.
>>
>>4216250
I'll look into those, with a 29 gallon, what breeds/numbers/sizes do you recommend?
>>
>>4216256
I will change it after a while, just want the swords to seettle.
>>
>>4216243
Plants are ez mode for this hobby, I really don't understand why everyone doesn't use them. Get low light floaters and water column feeders like hornwort, plant one end of the latter to the substrate, and never see nitrates.
>>
>>4215066
Have you guys seen a black aquarist?
>>
>>4216262
>I really don't understand why everyone doesn't use them
Lobbyists, aquastores want to make plants feel hard, but most of then are easy as fuck, you just need water for most of plants and they are good.
>>
>>4216263
there are multiple black fishtubers including tazawatanks who is /teamcorey/ now. At least I think he's black, looks kinda blasian. I think blacks are probably the least represented race in fish. Most black people i've seen do cichlids or monster fish. Nano autism is an asian/white people thing.

Saltwater is the only overwhelmingly white part of the hobby.
>>
>>4216265
Eh, it depends on the density of planting. Trying to make a really good aquascape is saltwater tier hard. Just having a few plants to tamp down on nitrates is easy though.
>>
>>4216216
If you clean it, just avoid any soaps or kitchen/bathroom strength disinfectants. I've just been using vinegar and ethanol for years with no issue.
Mistakes generally happen at the beginning of any hobby, aquaria just happens to have living beings with fairly simple needs. Food, space, sometimes company and a place to hide.
If you feel you were incompetent the first time, don't be afraid to try again.
There are plenty of guides out there, read enough of them that you can start to doubt information that seems inconsistent.
The bacteria around virginal wood is normal, most (if not all) tanks will have white crawly things in the substrate but they should be so sparse as to require actively looking for them to spot one.

Just do one thing at a time, if there is a problem, it should come and go before you move on to the next step. Check out the Walstad method. Fill it up, add everything except fish and choose a way to cycle it. Be patient. Buy test strips (or aqueous solutions like API test kit), check your local municipal water reports, ask questions. You'll usually only make 1 specific mistake once if you find out where you went wrong.

Best of luck.

>>4216263
Now that I think about it, I don't think I have.
>>
Another guy here, i got one cube aquarium for free and there's this weird brown/dirty thing in the walls.

Tried to scrap with a sponge, you guys suggest using vinegar?
>>
>>4216138
I mix tap and ro to circumvent this
>>
File: FSvLXc5XoAsCNtr.jpg (78 KB, 859x850)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
can i fit 2 american shubunkins in a 75G tank?
my understanding is that they need space to swim. there is so much misinformation out there. i dont want to try squeeze them, i want them to be happy.

also, what does anon think about craigs list aquariums? im seeing a 130Gallon one and would that be too hard to maintain? can i use the cannister filter to pump water back into the tank after i dechlorinate it instead of using a bucket?
>>
>>4216300
Barkeepers friend
>>
>>4216243
>Bamboo
thanks, never thought of that
>>
>>4216304
Yes, 2 non-stunted shubunkins are fine in a 75. I'd personally be willing to go up to 5 or 6 in that space, depending on filtration. Even going by the karen 20 gallon per fish rule you'd be good for 3.
>>
File: beth-gilbert-mermaid.jpg (999 KB, 1920x2697)
999 KB
999 KB JPG
>>4216313
the guys at my aquarium store say 75g is good for one, some sites say its good for 2, i dont know what to believe and i dont want to hurt my fishies :(
>>
talk me out of any of these
>Autismo Aquascape
>with stuff reaching out of the water(Like Wood and Bamboo) and shrimp
>more temperate river tank, maybe even native with species that cope with 20°

>Brackish with crabs and gobies. Maybe also other fish like mud skippers or top dwellers.
>will be intensively planted

will do 2 of them
>>
>>4216323
Everyone told me that brackish really stinks.
>>
>>4216323
I always hate the wood sticking out of water meme. Looks about as uninspired as a path of white sand in the middle, plus you can't run a lid.

Do the river tank those are usually cool, I'm too lazy to pull one off and just stick with the fuckload of plants.
>>
>>4215651
Heard the clerks at my LFS a few times make sure the purchaser(s) know how big x fish is going to get when it fully matures, if they gave any indication at all that they're new to the hobby.

>Also please keep in mind that a lot of fish sold in stores start small, this guy (dulleye royal pleco) here will grow to about 18 inches long
>>What
>They do grow quite slow, comparatively, but yeah, 18 inches and will live for up to 10 years
>>WHAT

It's usually enough to make the customer do a little bit of forward thinking in terms of stocking and tank size. What might have been 20 tetras and a pleco is now 10 tetras and 6 cory's.

>>4216065
With 5 in my 20, it used to be every 15-20 minutes or so in bursts, then nothing for a couple hours. Maybe about 10-20 times a day, with just my male and female. Laid eggs twice in 2 months, after killing off two males and me removing the 3rd. Mostly my fault for not determining their sex before buying, 4 male to 1 female is breddy dumb with sparkling.
>>
>>4216320
https://aquariumscience.org/index.php/17-5-goldfish/
dont like his takes on everything but I think his goldfish and betta info is pretty accurate and recommend it to people who are getting shouted at by fish karens.
>>
>>4216324
???
A tank will stink if it's not kept well. Brackish/blackwater tanks might be more prone to it as for some reason they seem to be made with zero flow in consideration, consequently poor filtration as well.
>>
>>4216327
dont know how possible it will be to build a river in a 80L cube.
>>
>>4216341
Sand waterfall corner?
>>
>>4216341
Yeah cube is a pain in the ass, a 20 long with high flow sounds awesome though.
I've been wanting to set up a tank with an undergravel filter to see how it is. I've seen crushed lava rock in some stores that sounds like a fun combo for it.

Livebearers are usually one of the go to species for tall tanks as far as I know.
>>
>>4216346
>Undergravel filter
I wouldn't mind trying it out again, too. Last time I used one was probably in the late 90's, airlift powered with 6 comets in a 75gal. Was pretty satisfying to use the siphon over the gravel, then move over the perforated plate and suck up half a pound of poopies and detritus.
>>
File: 20220623_192241.jpg (2.61 MB, 4000x3000)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
Anybody seen this stuff? It's called Brittle Naiad. Found it while I'm on vacation, and I want to take some home with me to see how it will do. I looked it up, and I haven't seen a single thing on the internet about people keeping it. Thought maybe it would be cool to share here.
>>
I think today is fuck day.
Male tetras swimming around like they're on crack, females swimming around at 45 degrees.
Bigboi cacatuoides doing the shuffledance with the other female.
Caught the female swimming up to the male vertically again, guess she wants to eat more fry next week idk.
>>
>>4216355
is sand to fine for a UGF?
>>
>>4216535
If it's sand only and the lift isn't generating enough pressure drop, I would say yes. Fine gravel or very coarse sand would probably be fine. Have to remember that once enough crap, food, mulm, etc fills up the porosity of the substrate, it becomes lodged and blocks that gap. Probably a shitload of biological surface area, though, but you'd better off running a fluidized sand filter.
I'm sure there are better guides/tests out there than my armchair guessing, though.
>>
>>4216564
Been wanting to try out a sand filter myself for some time. Not interested in the premade ones as a lot seem super flaky.
Gonna try it out with some nylon endcaps and borosilicate glass tubing in the next few months, once I stop spending money on other random crap.
>>
20 x Neocaridina Heteropoda Shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda wild)
3 x White Cheeked Goby (Rhinogobius wui)
5 x Malaysian Trumpet Snail (Melanoides tuberculata)
2 x Zebra Nerite Snail (Neritina natalensis sp. Zebra)

What else can I add to a hill stream aquarium?
>>
>>4215912
I've had them for about 2-3 years now. If I had to do it over again I'd get golden or electric blue rams instead of German blue. I also wouldn't get neons to go with them. The neons ended up being far more aggressive eaters ironically. It wasn't a huge deal but it felt like the rams just wanted to be more chill.
>>
Are there any fish that won't mog my shrimp babies? Otos are pretty much the only ones I can think of.
>>
>>4216597
Hillstream loach, limnaea stignalis, rhinichthys cataractae
>>
>>4216331
>determining their sex
Is that even possible with sparklings? Also, is it a good idea to get 2 in a 5g or is that overstocked? I'm not sure if 1 will make noises by itself.
>>
>>4216667
They only make noise when dickwaving to another male or female.
Females have more junk in their trunk.
5g feels too small for me, but that's my opinion. They're quite active, but I suppose you could 'cheat' by stuffing plants in there.
>>
>>4216652
Galaxy
>>
>>4216597
White clouds, panda garra, various other hillstream loaches, stiphodon gobys, pagoda snails, most small to medium barbs or tetras. Get rid of the shrimp and replace with ghost and/or one of the filter shrimp though, neos don't do great with high flow.
>>
>>4216652
I've kept neos and cards with Daisy's Ricefish and male Endler's/Guppies, as well as pygmy corydoras, without noticeable impact on breeding. Super heavily planted though.
>>
>>4216805
I thought neos live in streams?
>>
>>4216818
I'm not positive about natural habitat but in aquariums they're always recommended to be kept in very low flow or zero-flow aquariums with sponge filters or airstones. I've tried giving some flow to my neos and they tend to just hang out in plants outside of the flow, and get pushed around a bit. You can try it, they'll probably adapt, but might lose some early on - it's also a bit harder have enough flow for a hillstream tank with filters that have intake covers to prevent shrimp/fry from going in, as that cuts down throughput.
>>
>alpha endler's reign of terror was finally ended by 3 of his sons bullying the shit out of him
live by the nip, die by the nip motherfucker.
>>
File: 1656089406653.jpg (1.36 MB, 3024x4032)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
Is this sand too coarse for shellies? I got it from my lfs which sells substrate in unlabelled bags so I'm not sure what kind of sand this is. Ruler's for scale. The grain size is quite a bit larger than what I'm used to.
>>
>>4216597
Just going to respond to you again to reinforce riffle dace. They are unironically one of the best high water flow fish I have ever kept. The only problem is that they are a north American native, so you have to be in the area to be able to catch them. However, they are an extremely rewarding fish, and i definitely recommend them if you feel like straying from the path of traditional hillstream aquariums.
>>
>>4217037
Just to clarify, the specific species I have the most experience with are the long nose dace. They are pretty hardy when compared to shiners, and get used tp flakes extremely quickly. I have heard of stories of them jumping, but i have never personally witnessed them do that in my experience. Blacknose dace are another really good alternative, but they are much more avid jumpers.
>>
NEW FISH FOR PEOPLE TO RAVE ABOUT! IT HAS A NOSE!!!!
>>
>>4217071
Wake me up when devils hole pupfish become available in the hobby
>>
>>4216235
Cm or inches?
>>
>>4216263
I’ve met low double digit(less than 50) black people in my life (I’m 35) and one was a Koi nerd.
>>
>>4217046
I’ve kept northern red belly dace (bait shop rescues) and yeah, they jump like mad when startled. Had to put a window screen lid on the tank (glass lid led to too high of temps).
>>
>>4217071
cyprinodonts are based
>>
File: image_proxy.jpg (743 KB, 850x567)
743 KB
743 KB JPG
>>4217071
Bro what the fuck
Just gonna steal this poor guy's niche?
>>
>>4217183
cm
>>
How does /aq/ feel about seasonal outdoor tubs?

3 goldfish and 2 semi transformed tadpoles/frogs

At the end of the season should I just let the tadpoles/frogs go? Or is it possible to over winter them?
>>
How many goldfish left, anon?
>>
fuck. my betta has a single little spot of ich
if this shit doesn't clear up easy I'm exiting the hobby
>>
>>4217433
just let the temp 29C for two months and use the med, is the easiest illness to cure.
>>
>>4217434
that heater is stuck at 78F and my adjustable one won't fit in that tank :(
I'm going to buy the meds and treat anyway
>>
>>4217442
the definitive way to kill ict is the temperature.

You should do something with that is you adjustable in the wrong position? The thing that go round can be pulled out and you adjust for a higher temperature.
>>
Do I need to set up and run my filter when cycling a new tank?
>>
>wife's annoying friend is housesitting for us
>she's extremely superstitious and paranoid
I have fish tank in the bedroom i'm going to flicker on and off rapidly and a broken vacuum cleaner that makes a horrific sound plugged into an outlet my wife doesn't know about in the attic. My hope is to convince her that the house is haunted so she stops randomly inviting herself.
>>
File: file.png (227 KB, 500x500)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>4217494
How else are you going to cycle a tank?
>>
>>4217494
yes, the point is to get water flowing through the filter to feed beneficial bacteria there. Cycling a filter is like nine tenths of cycling a tank.
>>
>got some nice plants from a pond
>gave them a quick rinse because I had some bad experience with bleach dipping them
>Just kind of scrubbed off any larvae or snails off that I saw, wasn't really thinking too microbiologically
>not even a minute after I put them in, I see some little white dipshit nematodes wriggling around the tank
>removed about 7 now
>just saw my fish eat one
So bros, how long do I have before this shit gets out of hand? I'm pretty new to plants and shit like this in general, and I really don't want to lose this tank. Is there some sort of medication I've got to try?
>>
>>4217037
>>4216658
>>4217046
Live in EU, but can get Rhodeus amarus, Gasterosteus aculeatus, Phoxinus phoxinus, Gobio gobio, Cyprinella lutrensis, Leucaspius delineatus(only low flow streams) for cheap

>>4216838
seems they live in low flow streams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6fEnDTZfk
>>
good dam currently in japan and dont have a spare tank lying around at home. thought about takining some "rare" fishes with me

anyone ever combined running an anoxic ugf and a cannister filter
>>
>>4217529
you are supposed to quarantine wild plants
>>
>>4217531
To add to that, the pond supplier specifies e.g. for most fishes 10-30L per fish and a minimum of 300L in total. is that just german autismo requirements or are ponds that inefficient in filtration?
>>
What do with babbies? Will my LFS just take them off my hands for me when they mature?
>>
>>4217536
Ok well i got a bunch of squiggly guys now and you don't. How does that make you feel?
>>
>>4217549
superior
>>
>>4217545
if its boring live bearers you would need to give them away for free would be my guess.
A store would take rarer species.

A macabre solution would be to use them as feeder fish
>>
>>4217553
Sparkling gourami and soon to be super red cacatuoides.
I'm happy to give them away for free or sneak like $5 store credit in there.
>Macabre
The female gourami is already eating some lmao.
>>
>>4217550
yeah you arent gonna feel so superior when i shove them up your dick
>>
What watertests are really necessary and what are only nice to have? Currently only employ test strips.
>>
>>4217572
Oh, and have a ph and tds meter
>>
>>4217531
stay away from the sticklebacks for a hillstream tank. they are much more of a pond faring species, and are really only able to flourish in species only tanks. phoxinus and cyprinella are two prime choices, although you might have problems with transferring the cyprinella just because in my experience shiners are one of the most brittle, dramatic little shits when it comes to oxygen supply. gobio and rhodeus also sound like good choices, but im pretty unfamiliar with those so i dont really know.
>>
For an UGF, if I want to use sand should I add a layer of weed barrier to prevent it falling though?
>>
How feasable are diy led lights? are there any savings in that?
>>
>>4217632
Waterproofing electronics is kinda difficult.
>>
File: IMG_20220625_204143[1].jpg (470 KB, 1850x832)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>4217632
Super simple.
The heatsink will probably be the most expensive part
>>
>>4217632
easy as fuck but you won't save any money
buy water resistant adhesive led strip and stick it to the underside of a piece of acrylic, add a connector and power supply and you're done
I have all the parts in my parts bin including arduino and relays and yet I chose to just buy a $28 aquarium light
>>
>>4217638
would go with a 150+ high end led fixture.
As an alternative would probably use this system
https://daytime.de/led-systeme/matrix/
>>
>>4217639
you're not going to make something with that build quality unless you design for production
if you're spending for co2 or saltwater just buy a good light
>>
I think I let my stem plants grow too tall and now they look like palm trees with few/no leaves on the bottom. If I trim them back will the leaves regrow or should I pull them out and replant their top sections that have leaves?
>>
>>4217704
I’d do the second for most kinds of stem plants.
>>
>>4217572
there's no 'need' for any tests. People kept tropical fish in home aquariums for decades with no tests. Strips are more than enough for most people. If you want more precision the drop test kit is better than strips but precision doesn't really matter that much.
>>
Is playsand safe for aquariums?
>>
>>4217814
Yes. Pool filter sand (or blasting sand if you want a dark substrate, which is better imo) is usually cheaper and looks better though.
>>
>>4217814
Playsand, pool filter sand, and black diamond blasting sand are all perfectly fine for aquariums. The one thing you need to keep in mind is they all need a hell of a lot more cleaning than buying sand that was being marketed for aquarium use.

I have black diamond in my 75, no issues at all. I did spend almost 4 hours running water through 100 pounds of sand though.
>>
What do you guys think of my 80g tank so far? I’m going to put angelfish and a ton of rummy nose tetras in it.
>>
>>4216637
neons get pretty aggresive when eating, its kinda funny they're the chihuahuas of the aquarium
>>
Do Pearl Gourami eat cherry shirmp? or CRS/CBS?
>>
>>4217824
The trees look like dancing Ents
>>
>>4217824
It's a nice size but maybe you can try making a slope in the sand, hardscape is good but i think it that you can put the 3 pieces at the left and one at the right son it looks more natural
>>
File: image.jpg (2.49 MB, 4032x3024)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>4217833
Ya I definitely need to get rocks. How does this look?
>>
>>4217828
They can be aggressive

I feed my gouramis frozen blood worms and they fight during feeding

With enough cover the shrimp might be okay
>>
>>4217824
2 angels and 25 rummynose will be nice
>>
>>4217849
Great start
>>
>>4217867
Try 4 angels, 40 rummynose, and 10-15 corys. Wouldn't even be fully stocked yet.
>>
I recently moved the location of my air pump and had to put longer hoses to the sponge filters. Before the bubbles would pop as soon as they hit the surface, now they take a second and there a some micro bubbles floating around.
Would I need more air or less? I turned the pressure on the pump all the way up and it looks like it's flowing faster than before.
>>
>>4217867
>>4217892
I’m thinking of sticking with this

>4-6 angels
>30-40 rummy nose
>30 black phantom tetras
>2 super red bristlenose plecos or alternatively some kind of corys

I have an established 20g already so if 6 angels are too much I’ll just put a pair in that tank.
>>
ALL MY GOLDFISH HAVE FUCKIN WHITESPOTS ON THEM WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???? THEY WERE NICE AND ORANGE LAST NIGHT AND I JUST CHECKED ON THEM AND THEY ARE ALL OVER THEM
>>
>>4217920
Sounds like chicken pox. Just a part of growing up bud
>>
>>4217922
Is it Ich? How do I fix it?
>>
>>4217924
You can try “ich x”. make sure you have a bubbler in the tank if you don’t already as well if you use it
>>
File: 20220525_223525.jpg (3.12 MB, 4032x2205)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>4216235
I did a planted pea puffer tank with my long.
>>
>>4216250
I hate duckweed. Frogbit is great though
>>
>>4217928
I just did a 50% water change and salted the water..... You ever had this before?
>>
>>4217949
Ya. Look up treating ich by aquarium co op they have a good video on it
>>
File: this hist.png (328 KB, 397x453)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
How to kill this shit in my anubias? for some reason the nanas don't have this algae but these mid level ones have a lot.

I can change the light whatever i want just need help.
>>
>>4217929
I was thinking the same, what can go with pea puffer? and what other option you have thought?
Puffers are like 35USD where i live.
>>
>>4217619
Don't use sand with a UGF. If you want sand substrate, use a different filtration method.

>>4217632
They are perfectly feasible if you just want a light. Go buy an led shop light and a shelf bracket and mount it on the wall a foot above your aquarium. If you need high intensity for co2 freshwater or saltwater, then just buy a light.
>>
>>4217929
Very nice tank!
>>
>>4218008
Damn I'd also like to know this. I scrub the majority off with a sponge but it doesn't help much.
>>
I bought 3 false julii corys 2 weeks ago. One of them died pretty quickly, I'd say the first 4 days. He had a big red spot that looked like a fight wound. Probably came that way I'm thinking but I don't know. The other cories are still alive and don't seem to be doing badly other than loneliness. Can I add more now? Still no clue what happened to the one that died
>>
>>4217824
add some medium rocks for texture
>>
File: 20220315_114711.jpg (2.41 MB, 4032x3024)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
Anyone got an id for this thing and what gender it is?
Buddy's mom bought it but couldn't keep it so I adopted the little fuck.
>>
>>4215480
What type of fish can grow up to 5-6 inches but no more and is friendly in a community tank?

I'm just looking for a low maintenance center piece type of fish to put in a 20 gall with about 6-8 mollies and guppies. Low maintenance because it'll be put with people who only know how to feed fish some flakes.

I like something like a discus but I know it's impossible. Anything that's not pleco, aggressive or can hang with a commuity?
>>
File: IMG_20211004_163553.jpg (748 KB, 2312x1040)
748 KB
748 KB JPG
>>4217637
>Heatsink
You can also go slightly high-tech and use waterblocks, only a couple bucks from Aliexpress.. Care to be taken that you pair an aluminium block with an aluminium radiator, as with copper, galvanic corrosion etc.
Then pop a venturi stack on one side of the radiator. Bish bash bosh.
>>
>>4218258
I'm no expert but a 6 inch fish in a 20 gal seems shitty
>>
File: 20220625_162035.jpg (6 KB, 112x137)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>4218258
>even thinking about buying a discus for your shitty 20g
Anon I would've accepted hearing angelfish at this point than that.
>>
>>4218254
>Chinese algae eater
lol
At least you can say your buddy's mom fucked you now.
>>
>>4218254
I think it's a golden Chinese Algae eater? No idea gender but if I'm right, get ready for it to fuck shit up.
>>
>>4218258
Wood cats and other SA cats might work. Swordtails get roughly that size. Whip tail catfish of various sorts also fit the bill.

But really, buy two or three banjo catfish. You'll thank me later.
>>
How thick should the walls in a long pool aquarium be? 10mm? Even the buttom plate?
>>
>>4216652
>any species of pygmy rasbora
>gold ring, dwarf emerald, galaxy danios
>anchor cats
>pygmy cories (not habrosus)
>have had success with ember and green neon tetras
There is a bunch you can do. Be sure to plant heavy tho
>>
>>4218397
I have habrosus with a shrimp colony, haven't seemed to have lost any shrimp to them - I see very, very tiny shrimplets out and about.
>>
went to two stores, the only ich meds they had used capsaicin as the active ingredient
guess I have to wait for it to come by mail
>>
>>4218467
Keep up the water changes in the meantime, got any aquarium salt?
>>
>Snuffaluffagus loaches vacuumed up with apisto eggos last night
>One eggo left
Will it be the strongest fish that ever sets fin in my tank, or will it be nom noms by tomorrow?
>>
My favorite part of this hobby is chasing water parameters. my tank is 125 tds 7.4 ph 72F.
My least favorite part is touching tank water and being responsible for fish/animals. I think I'm going to stick to just plants and maybe shrimp.
>>
>>4218572
>parameter chasing
What're you keeping? It's rarely worth chasing anything but temp unless you're keeping very fragile critters like discus
>>
>>4218572
water autists are mystifying to me. Go be a lawn autist at least people can appreciate the results of that flex without a drop test.
>>
>>4218813
>discus
>fragile
My man it aint the 80s anymore.
>>
>>4218299
>>4218322
>get ready for it to fuck shit up
What did his mom give me
>>
Can i Just buy a UV light with big Power instead of a #aquarium UV light tô kill some algass in my tank?
>>
>>4218897
The meanest fucking fish. Nobody likes CAEs, they get big and really aggressive.
>>
>>4218254
Yeah, looks like one if them chinese algae eaters, but give him a chance - maybe he will behave
I have a pair if these Crossocheilus latius, and the alpha is only being an ass towards the other one, not the rest of the fish
Btw, how big is your aquarium? Chinese algae eaters grow big and they do it quickly
>>
>>4218904
if you're talking about buying an unshielded bulb uv unit off of amazon dont fucking do that. Even a stray glance at one can permanently damage your vision. It shouldn't even be legal to sell those. Get an enclosed unit with a pump instead of jerryrigging some dogshit. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>4218254
Throw it into the fucking creek.
>>
>>4219004
>letting that beast loose on native fish
you're an asshole. kill it and eat it like a man.
>>
File: 20220613_182821.jpg (3.27 MB, 4032x3024)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>4218958
40 breeder and so far he keeps to himself in the tank so far.
>>
>>4217404
3 of 4

A racoon got one
>>
>>4217632
I've done it super cheap, but I also build a lot of electronics for myself so all I really bought was the light strip itself (and it didn't even have a voltage regulator or potentiometer; literally a strip of LEDs I cut and soldered to stuff I already had). The colors aren't great either, at least not compared to quality fixtures. You can get LEDs with better CRI and the wavelengths you want, but this will increase your cost. Likewise color-adjustable ones will dramatically increase your cost while it may affect your PAR as well (super adjustable ones tend not to have as high an output as one color strips).

There are also high output LEDs from ledsupply.com if you want some really legit lights, but then you might not save any money at all.
>>
>>4217496
I wouldn't risk the fish tank. She might investigate and conclude that the fish tank is the devil's work and cleanse it or some stupid bullshit, killing your tank at best and flooding your bedroom at worst.
>>
>>4216898
Now they can go run a train on their mom for the full Oedipus package.
>>
>>4219175
Kek
>>
>>4219125
Pretty cute tbqh
>>
File: 20220626_123952.jpg (881 KB, 1355x1200)
881 KB
881 KB JPG
Two weeks since I stocked my chili rasbora and shrimp tank. Got some pink ramshorns to help with the glass cleaning. No deaths so far. Algae and biofilm is being ruthlessly exterminated. Chilis are starting to turn bright red. Hairgrass has finally established itself and is spreading like crazy. Flame and Java moss is starting to spread out, though the Taiwan moss continues to look like shit. I see a bit of green on it though, so there's hope.

I'm straight-up delighted with its progress so far. This was my second tank and the mistakes I made with the first tank have made this one go much more smoothly.
>>
>>4219243
Looks great anon, how big is the tank?
>>
>>4219251
Something like 7.1 gallons I think. It's a 10 inch cube but visually looks bigger in person because the inhabitants are tiny.
>>
File: d32dfvbv2sdf.png (894 KB, 584x574)
894 KB
894 KB PNG
>>4215480
>>4215489
>>4219243

Considering shrimp breeding for profit. I know I'm not going to make a butload of money but just the breeding and side income aspect of it is interesting, just a couple of q's

How difficult is it to locate buyers of shrimp, even the ordinary RCS? On redd and even on craigsli, I see them being sold for $1 (even for culls). Since it looks like my neighborhood is constantly looking for these, my intention is to only sell locally.

How labor intensive is it? (Buying, selling, and maintaining) I believe that catching them and simply placing a golf-sized piece of moss in a plastic bag will make the trading workflow very simple, but actually meeting up and looking for those who commit might be the issue, I don't want to build a "relationship" with LFS yet as I want to build up consistency to this but that's my next Q..

How long does it take to have a nice monthly batch to sell? Does it just continuously build up at a certain point? I at least have 15 RCS on a nice cycled planted tank. It seems slow. And I'm simply unsure of the workflow, so do you schedule batches to sell on calendar? Do you need a grow out tank? I want to reach a stage where I can consistently sell every two to four weeks or one to two months. What kind of setup or procedure am I going to need for this? And just how many shrimp?

Based on my research, RO water can greatly simplify the process, but I'm going to hold out on using it until I've mastered RCS and other less important colors. But even with a fully cycled tank, it seems to me that I need at least a large bulk of shrimp to get things going. Obtaining breedable RCS also seems to be an issue here, and the initial cost is absurd. I'm simply looking for some advice from people who've truly turned a bit of profit, like how many tanks you need. I have enough room for at least 5–6 & 10–20gs. How much work do you put in? How much side income do you make every month and what do you sell? Thanks in advance.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (20 KB, 300x300)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>4218973
All fight.
The pump ones are expensive as fuck in my country, the price ia the same as a New aquarium.
And How about pic related.
>>
File: IMG_20220626_194303_162.jpg (317 KB, 1280x960)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
>>4216240
Sorry for the automatic pic filter.
Did some chances.
>>
>>4219291
Big improvement, anon. Your fren looks nice and happy.
>>
I'm setting up a 40 gallon tank and I'm thinking of giving cichlids a shot with either a pair of Apistogramma or a pair of Rams. Can someone recommend a relatively forgiving species for someone who's had good experience with tetras, bettas, shrimp, and rasboras, but hasn't kept cichlids yet?
Potential tankmates would be a decent school of tetras, probably either cardinals or green neons, some corys or maybe kuhli loaches, and some otocinclus. A couple honey gouramis or another slightly larger peaceful community fish.
>>
>>4219317
Borelli are supposed to be easy but rams and apistos are pretty hardy in general as long as you keep the heat up.
>>
>>4218009
Fish that are good at hiding lol. I have a few otos and a small pleco in there. Other than that, maybe some large nerites. Puffers are pretty aggressive. My algae eaters only come out at night. Also you need enough puffers so they don't get territorial, they're a shoaling fish. 6 or more seems to be the magic number.
>>
>>4219284
anything outputting UV light needs a shield so you can't see it when operation, outside of the US it might save money but here, you never save money doing a high effort and safe jerryrigged UV sterilizer vs just buying one
>>
>>4219243
Looks like what I'm trying to achieve with a similar setup. Is that water hyacinth on the right with the dark roots? What kind of light do you have on the floating plants, and at what distance?
>>
>>4219340
Thanks for the input, i Will Just jeep MT estes intact and do more water changes.
>>
>>4219346
It was sold as frogbit, but I'm not 100% sure on that. The others are dwarf water lettuce.
The light is a Fluval Nano set about 3 or so inches from the surface, whatever the lowest stock height is. I have it set to 75% intensity to make things easier on the chilis.
>>
>>4219351
UV only actually helps with green water anyways, the other solution to green water is doing a big water change then blacking out the tank for a few days, like put a black garbage bag over it. Reducing temp can also help.
>>
Dinner is served
>>
crop yield was pretty good this year bros. eleocharis is free in the pond near my house and i dont need to worry about it being grown emersed. lmao the fucks at the fish store really wanted me to buy them with the flowers still budding... FUCK OFF! Ha.
>>
>>4219317
Rams are pretty easy, however if you really want to breed them, get more than you want and make a plan for giving back some, if not most. Then observe pairing behavior. Once you identify pair(s) you want, return the others.
>>
anybody know how long i should keep my light on for? right now im just keeping some simple plants, most notably are limnophilla sessiflora, rotala rotundifolia, and eleocharis acicularis along with somy crypts. ive been doing 8 hour cycles to avoid any crazy algae growth but im starting to think that i should be doing something like a 12 hour cycle to increase plant growth since algae is kind of taken care of right now by all the snails. can i get any opinions on this?
>>
Got more loaches, and they just autisticly zoom around while loach chan chills
>>
File: image.jpg (2.67 MB, 4032x3024)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB JPG
>>4217824
I ended up going with a completely different configuration for the three pieces that were on the left. I’m going to pick up some large/medium sized rocks tomorrow morning before I add water in. I’ll be adding a ton of dried magnolia leaves this week as well.

On another note is there anyway to get finnex planted+ lights on a rimmed 75g? I have extras laying around but don’t know how to fit them on.
>>
>>4219519
I wouldn't go up more than an hour at a time every couple of weeks
>>
>>4219533
thats what i was thinking. i dont want to shock any of my plants with too much light.
>>
>>4219523
They tend to do that for a little while.
Now mine only do it half an hour after I turn off all the lights.
>>
>>4219413
I'm pretty sure if you eat duckweed, you will be pooping duckweed out forever, no matter how much you digest it.
>>
>>4219125
Hmm, they might get too big eventually, but no worries for now
Personally, i would let him be for a few months and keep an eye on his behavior - offer him blanched zucchini and such
It looks like you have enough hiding places in your aquarium - its good
But be prepared to find your CAE a new home eventually, although there will not be many takers
Maybe you will get lucky and he remains peaceful
>>
Thought mommas babby eggs got munched on overnight, turns out they've just all fallen off the side of the rock they were stuck to. Now just waggling about on the substrate while she gently fans water over them all.
Thoroughly impressed she managed to fend off all 10 kuhlis, 3 nights in a row.
>>
>>4219535
>>4219533
>Shocking plants with longer light cycles
Plant noob here - is that a thing?
>>
>>4219268
You at least need one tank per color because neos will revert to wild type if different strains interbreed. Breeding them is incredibly easy, but keep in mind that many strains don't breed true, and even with the true-breeding strains (like RCS) you're going to get a lot of lower-grade offspring. In other words, you'll only be able to sell a fraction of the babies for anything resembling a profit. Unless you can do it on a massive scale, there's really no point to breeding Neocaridina shrimp for money.
>>
>>4219531
Looking good overall, although think twice about placing anything in the corners - you will have hard time cleaning glass etc. Might be annoying in the long run, might be not an issue at all.

>>4219519
8 hours sounds good
Personally, i would leave it at that
Otherwise increase per 1 hours every other week, like another anon suggested
>>
>>4219372
My problema ia bearded algae.
Don't know what to do.
>>
What current pump should I get? Want to be able to controll it via pwm and not be dependend on some app.
>>
>>4219674
Basically I dont want any shit in my wifi, pwm controll is a plus. Dont know if controllability even matters in a hillstream aquarium.
>>
>>4215812
Moron non-aquarium Anon here..

Couldn't you just grab some actual sea water if you wanted to speed up the process?
>>
>>4219672
Blackbeard will not be affected by UV, as far as i know
Reduce the light down to 6-7 hours per day
May be reducing intensity will also help if yours are very bright
Reduce the amount of fertilizers used ( or cut it completely, thats what i did - if your plants start melting due to lack of nutrients it will suck, but BBA will choke your plants regardless )
Get some amano shrimps
If its not enough, you might try finding a Crossocheilus latius to help eating BBA, mine got lazy when they grew up but were eating algae when they were young
>>
>>4219682
For a kickstart sure, bit the bacteria doesn't reside that much in the water.
>>4215676
Tell me more about the kallax.
>>
>>4219692
Cool good to know! Maybe I'll think about it someday
>>
My glass test tube just shattered into my hand. I thought this was a safe hobby...
>>
File: 20220627_072922.jpg (2.28 MB, 4032x1960)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
>>4219581
If it helps any this is the tank so far and its tank inhabitants are a few melon barbs, a golden gourami and a vamp shrimp that likes to be hidden behind the rocks.
>>
>>4219798
He will probably start harassing gourami sooner or later - keep an eye on their behavior
Chinese algae eaters are allegedly sucking the slimecoat off from slower/flatter fish like gouramies/angels etc
Barbs will probably get away from him, but algae eaters are extremely fast too
>>
File: 123.png (10 KB, 738x606)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>4219692
>Tell me more about the kallax.
It was pretty cheap, 60eur and all in all the cheapest option for a lazy retard like me, that currently doesn't have the option to build my own stand from wood.

Pic related is how I put it together. The only additional thing I've bought was the epoxy glue and some angle braces.
You can put it together the normal way in a 2x2 pattern if you don't want a sump. If you set it up my way, you have place for a 60x30x20cm sump. I also glued over the exposed screws on top so the water can't corrode it.

Tbh if I had the time and was at my house, I would have just put together a wood stand made from waterproof plywood
>>
>>4219798
Keep us posted, I know that CAE are menaces but I've never actually seen the damage they do.
>>
>>4219682
As >>4219692 mentioned, not that much in seawater as it resides in surfaces, however you're onto a couple popular techniques:
1) Sand. Lots of bacteria in the sand at a beach. Or a rock even. You can sometimes order maricultured (stuff "grown" in the ocean) rocks and what not to help.
2) Quite a few people leaving on the shores do natural seawater changes; it's the easiest way to perfectly match ocean parameters. You can even buy natural seawater but it's prohibitively expensive. It's just a question of whether you want to lug around hundreds of pounds of a live load.
Downside is of course you may get an unwanted hitchhiker. It's surprisingly not that rare to find a nasty ass bobbit worm in a maricultured live rock.

>>4219698
Naw. Freshwater stingrays and barb the shit out of you. Piranhas are a thing. Zoanthids and Palythoas are some of the most common corals in the hobby yet also produce one of the most potent neurotoxins in the world (do not ever, ever boil a rock with zoas/palys on them). I mean there's all kinds of weird shit in saltwater; definitely not a great idea to be doing reef tank work with a cut. People getting Diver's Lung from sucking on water change hoses. Then of course there's massive property damage from leaking tanks.
>>
>>4219798
How big are those melon barbs? They look massive. Thought they didn't grow that big.
>>
>>4219982
They look full size, they get to 3" SL or so, but it's not a very big tank I think. That CAE is gonna go full Detroit as soon as it gets a little bigger.
>>
File: 20220627_152900.jpg (1.92 MB, 4000x3000)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
The fuck is this? Doesn't look like any snail eggs I've seen before
>>
>>4220031
Fish eggs. What do you have in there?
>>
>>4220033
Blue eyed rainbows and a betta
>>
>>4220034
It's the rainbows' then, I'd bet.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.