[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 11932.jpg (179 KB, 1280x1280)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
My strictly indoor cat the last month has gotten very agitated when I come back home from swimming and soon after that every time i took a shower. He'd hiss at me and his hair would start to raise. I would just shoo or spray him away and he'd get over it within 3 hours. Yesterday I came back home from swimming again and again he was pissed but didn't give it much thought. I was sitting on the couch on my phone oblivious to anything and out of nowhere my cat viciously attacks me. He lunges at my arm and starts yelling. No warning hisses or any meows at all, the entire attack he's just yelling. He's clawing my arm and biting the shit out of it and even though I'm trying to get away from him he is bent on coming at me. When I finally got the opportunity to run he chased me and bit my ankles. Went to the doctor's and got stitches. The scratches were BAD. So deep there was fat coming out from 4 places. I'm just counting my lucky stars I was able to keep hom away from my face and eyes at the sacrifice of my entire right arm and hand.

Does anyone know why this would happen? I in no way do I ever provoke my cat ever. I've always had a lot of respect for when my cat would not like to be touched and I don't find pleasure in annoying him even if just playfully. We've basically lived like chill roommates for 4 years (got him as a kitten) and he's never attacked me and the first time he does it was horrible. I don't want to get rid of him but I choose my eyes over him. Just looking for an explanation and maybe solutions. I'll be taking him to the vet tomorrow.
>>
>>4214923
Fucking lol

>Kitbulls
>you shouldnt have showered that makes mittens nervous
>>
>>4214923
It's the fucking chemicals you're swimming in that fucking agitate the cat.
Remember that nobody really knows that your cat exists, if you do it in privacy the authorities won't know what you did.
>>
>>4214923
>The scratches were BAD. So deep there was fat coming out from 4 places.
Does that leave cool scars or do the stitches ruin the healing? If I get a deep cut should I get stitches or let it heal naturally while disinfecting the wound if I wanna have cool scars?
>>
File: 20220622_161119.jpg (1.11 MB, 2610x2652)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>4214948
I figured I just don't understand why just showering makes him act like this now even if I don't swim before. He didn't have a problem with me showering before it just feels like there has to be something that made him snap of he was fine for 4 years with me showering. Brain tumor maybe?

>>4214948
I think it's genetic. I scar very easily and will probably have a lot ones the stitches and several puncture wounds heal. My sister though does not scar easily. The one all the way on the bottom were from stitches when I was like 8. The other two didn't get stitches and I've had those for 10 years now. If I don't pick at the scabs it scars lightly. If I do pick they scar dark.
>>
>>4214923
Chlorine make cats go nuts
>>
>>4214969
Men scar more easily than women. Humans scar a lot more than other animals.
Scars is what happens when your body spams collagen in one place to close the wound as quickly as possible. Humans heal way faster and better than other animals for this reason and obviously men heal better than women.
High amount of scarring means you just heal fast.
>>
>>4214969
>I figured I just don't understand why just showering makes him act like this now
Maybe he associates showering with chlorine now even if he can't actually smell it.
>>
>>4214973
I think that's it! It apparently mimics a sex pheromone. Although most sites say the cats love the smell. My cat was definitely not trying to fuck my hand he wanted to maul me. Maybe it's too much for him idk but yes this is good information.

>>4214977
What a dick but yeah... it's making sense now. And I guess not even all cats react to chlorine so guess I just got unlucky.
>>
>>4214982
>My cat was definitely not trying to fuck my hand he wanted to maul me.
Cats are pretty fucking rough when they fuck but they have loose skin so they don't usually tear into each other.
>>
>>4214990
Learning a lot here. And watching a lot of cat mating videos I didn't think I'd need to watch. A lot of his behaviors match up to what male cats do except in the videos it's a lot more relaxed although there is a lot of yelling, biting, and clawing. I guess my yelling and trying to push him off could have made him fight harder but jesus it really felt and looked like his only goal was to fuck me up as much as he could. He has tried to mate with my arms before but it was never aggressive other than some nipping and he'd get off when I pushed him. Maybe he was trying to get his way with righty one way or another...
>>
>>4215015
Incel rage. You need to get your man laid.
>>
>>4215031
protip, most lubes are unhealthy or could trigger an allergic reaction. they make special vet lube called... vetlube.
>>
Meanwhile my kitty loves to shower with me, hugs my wet hair and enjoys getting gently sprinkled with water.
Some cats are just schizos.
>>
>>4215054
He was such a good boy prior those though :/. He'd literally play catch. I would throw his cat toy and he'd grab it and bring it right back to me to throw again. I'd get tired before he did. He always comes when I call him. He knows what position I get into right before going to sleep and when I get into that position he demands to sleep in my arms. He greets me at the door and chatters to me. It's like he talks back. I know what he's capable of now though so either way I feel like I'll always be on edge around him.
>>
Is he neutered?
>>
>>4215075
Are his nuts intact?
>>
>>4215211
>>4215136
Answer us anon
>>
Sudden changes like this can also mean that something is wrong with him medically. When was the last time he went in for a check up?
>>
>>4215218
>>4215211
>>4215136
No I just never got it done but I'm not against it. Would the sexual aggression go away of I got it done for him?

>>4215261
That's what I think is a possibility. I'm stuck on brain tumor but it could even be that he's in pain from something and this is his way of lashing out. He's been to the vet a year and 4 months ago.
>>
a similar thing happened to me once too a few years ago
my mother had to shower our dog since he'd gotten all filthy outside, and immediately afterwards, for maybe an hour or two, the cat was really defensive and absolutely terrified of both of them
it hasn't happened since then, but it kind of reinforces the idea that it's the chemicals since my mom did wash the dog with shampoo that one time

you should definitely have him checked either way, but maybe see if you could start isolating him until you dry up after a shower or such
>>
>>4215590
I highly recommend you get him neutered. Yes it will help with some of the aggression but ideally you should have done it much sooner so that this would never have developed.

Captcha: DM PP
>>
>>4214948
>chemicals
He smells the endless gallons of piss from various people and animals present in every public pool.
Pools are 50% piss and 50% chemicals to fight the piss.
t. former lifeguard
>>
>>4215015
>humans go to pool
>piss
>chlorine to fight the piss
>it's akin to cat FUGGING chemicals
>cat's like 'IMMA FUCK. RIGHT. NEOW!!
keked but do see what you can do to smooth things out, the poor stupid thing isn't really at fault
>>
File: zoomed.jpg (131 KB, 368x469)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>
>>4215995
Get the fuck out of this thread, dumbass. This isn't your cat imagedump thread.
>>
OP here. Idk if I have much hope left for kitty. I think he hates me because 1. Of the whole interaction and 2. When he attacked me and quickly realized he wasn't letting go I pinned him to the couch as hard as I could to ensure he wouldn't go at my face while I opened the door. I've given him space and food but he can't see me without hissing and if I get close he'll start making yelling guttural noises. I bought gloves that can't be penetrated by cat nails or teeth to try to make contact but he swipes at me before I can even touch him. Maybe it's ptsd or something but he scares the shit out of me now. Even if I cut his nails frequently I'm afraid I'll wake up to him trying to bite my eyes out. Or just bite me in general and have that get infected. I consider myself lucky he only did what he did and I'm hesitant giving him a second chance to do worse. I'm pretty upset over the whole thing but I think I'm going to have to give him up. Hopefully he can be rehabilitated. I think he can but I don't think me and him can patch things up. I hope he goes to a good place.
>>
>indoor cat
why do people do this?
>>
>>4215995
BASED
>>4216017
Cringe
>>
>>4216202
IIRC that's considered animal cruelty in my state.
Few years ago some guy got caught dumping kittens and they sent him to a mental institution.
>>
If an animal attacked me like this, it wouldn't be alive
Why eould you let something you feed and house do this to you with no repercussions
>>
>>4217290
I hope you never own a cat.
>>
>>4218326
I am like him and I never tolerated the slightest bit of violence from my cat. They were dominated and conditioned into docility. Most cat people, fyi, would raise a golden retriever to bite people and a child to be a crack dealer.
>>
>>4216163
Do you ever let him out, or are you the crazy type of woman that keeps her cat in prison all day and wonders why he goes mad?
>>
>>4218329
It's the opposite. Dow owners let their dogs be awful. Cat owners can't stand that.
>>
>>4218369
I personally don't consider someone who is afraid to tell their dog "no" a "dog owner". Even with people, you own them or they own you. There is no shame in it. I even own my wife, I just let her think otherwise so she doesn't cry about it. All animals are selfish and manipulative creatures even if they frame it as love and care. All.
>>
>>4218369
my dog doesn't kill random birds like most outdoor cats do
>>
>>4218462
My dog does. Fuck birds. You lost at evolution faggots. You will never have hands.
>>
>>4214976
Well that's neat
>>
>>4218396
You sound sad

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.