[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: bordercollie.jpg (1.29 MB, 3000x2000)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
My dead Border Collie edition
>>
dog has learned how to make me take her on walks by just standing quietly and staring at me
>>
I live in a place where its 90-100+ degrees for 4 months of the year (and generally hot all year round). I thought of a business idea to set up a dog park with just a roof to cover from the sun when it's too hot, and a dog-only pool. I would charge a low entry fee like a few dollars, but have a snack/drink stand inside which would hopefully bring in most of the revenue.
but then I saw how much buying a couple acres of land costs and I laughed at how silly and poor i am
>>
is a ruptured anal gland serious enough that an "emergency" animal hospital will treat my dog? seems like leaving it untreated until monday could let any potential infection get considerably worse.
>>
>>4209349
How did you rupture it?
>>
Had to put down my 16yr dashchund today. The house feels so empty without him. I don't know how I'm going to sleep without his snoring in my ear.
>>
>>4209349
if you didn't wear a condom then you are getting fucked for animal abuse when the vet finds the semen in its asshole
>>
I had some fun in the forest with my husky today
>>
>>4209505
What type?
>>
For shits and giggles I've been brainstorming a way to make the world's most aggressive/dangerous dog breed. Here's the list of traits.
Bully whippet muscles
Cocker rage syndrome
Pitbull aggressive
Great Dane size
Then to top it off I'd breed it to a wolf. Probably would dilute it, but the unpredictably would be perfect.
Imagine breeding a whole bunch of these then letting them loose in new York or something.
>>
>>4209592
>Imagine breeding a whole bunch of these then letting them loose in new York or something.
white girl winter
>>
>>4209599
Naw, they'd be more interested in a great dane/mastiff mix.
>>
>>4209470
nobody will swab a dogs anus and check for human semen
>>
>>4209520
Husky stuffin…i mean stuff and things.
>>
>>4209632
I hope for your dogs sake you're right anon. It's cruel what they do to animals that only had good times with their master.
>>
>>4209652
at least do it the way nature intended you sickos
>>
>>4209326
yeah I live in the Phoenix metro too anon
>>
>>4209703
but boys really enjoy the extra stimulation (anecdotal evidence based on amount of fluid expelled, duration of the act, and the strength/duration between contractions)
>>
>>4209632
>>4209904
>>
>>4209904
/dog/ is getting dangerously based
>>
My 10 week old puppy gets the most insane zoomies of I feed her at night, so I've been feeding her whole food allotment at breakfast and lunch. Since then she's been much calmer, but most puppy guides say you're supposed to feed young puppies 3-4 times a day, does this really matter? It seems like it shouldn't.
>>
>>4209924
Bodies work best if you have energy to keep you going all day. That's why we eat 3 meals a day.
>>
>>4209302
I love dogs, bro. I'm watching a client's dog right now. His mouth smells like shit kek. He's super calm though.
>>
>>4209935
I don't eat three meals a day, and neither does my dog now.
>>
>>4209592
>Bull-Type Terrier Ferocity and Spirit
>Any-Type Mastiff Muscularity and Strength

Would be diluted by the Mastiff though, because they are docile.

It'd be better if you cross-bred all of the Bull-Type Terriers to each other and just made a super mixed breed. Cross the AmStaff, Staffy, Bully, Mini Bull, Boston Terrier, Pit, and AmBully.
>>
>>4209961
You're right, so I'd first have to start with the docile breeds(whippet, cocker, great Dane) then end with pitbull and wolf.

We already have bull terrier mixes, I want to make a recipe for something worse.
>>
>>4209971
Yeah, that is a better idea.
>>
Would you ever consider having your dog cloned?
>>
>>4209954
gotta brush their teeth and the mouth will not smell so bad.

I know it sounds crazy but yes I love my dog and I brush her teeth every night before bed and she tolerates it in return for a mint-a-bone
>>
>>4209976
I know, I give my own girl her brushing. I'm not sure how my clients can tolerate shit breath. I've lost my appetite due to it. Kek.
>>
>>4209973
Yes. Especially if it was altered by the pound, and I believe it is worthy of having offspring.
>>
File: 20220618_182233.jpg (324 KB, 1588x1080)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
He wants to go /out/, but it's still 33 degrees at this time of day.
>>
File: 1649071783356.jpg (148 KB, 971x946)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
do men like doing stuffs with dogs as much as women like? Im not a zoophile I have no idea.
>>
File: good dog.jpg (134 KB, 650x395)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>4210038
they're probably known as mans best friend for a reason anon
>>
File: 890.jpg (416 KB, 900x601)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>4210049
kinda cute how a dog can form a bond with his master in the most intimacy and private way.
>>
>>4210038
No, dogs are very popular with women so the majority of those who own and take care of dogs are women.
>>
File: shepherd spooning.jpg (100 KB, 736x981)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>4210038
You mean cuddling and petting? Yes every man has a soft spot for cuddling his dog. Especially large pointy eared breeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwbwYZorEI
>>
>>4210019
so put a jacket on
>>
>>4209302
>File: bordercollie.jpg (1.29 MB, 3000x2000)

he had too much of a too good soul for this gay earth so he had to leave/10

>>4209349
go see a vet NOW.

>>4209468
RIP doxy. I would like to tell you it will get better but if you actually loved your doxy, it will not. Try to not be sad he died, try to be happy he lived. Maybe there is another dog somewhere waiting for you though?

>>4209924
2 meals should be fine spaced out 8-12hrs apart but I'd go for 3 meals for a puppy. You can also free feed them half their ration at two fixed times and feed the rest throughout the day doing your training. making dogs work for their food helps with basically everything. what you should avoid though is loads of activity after eating/on a full stomach since that can cause bloat. same goes for water. now that it's summer time, hydrate your dog frequently throughout the day instead of going outside for 2hrs in the heat and then letting them gulp down 3 bowls of water.

>>4209954
>>4209976
>>4209978

middle age/elderly dog dogs fed kibble have horrid mouths, gum disease and bacteria. actually, they may be even dangerous to your health. one should really brush their teeth just as one's owns with a very soft babby rotary brush (Oral-B Vitality is cheap af) basically daily. feeding a good diet of real meats (BARF/RAW) and brushing is the gold standard obviously. eat 3 bowls of milk + Kellogg's cereal a day for 4 weeks without brushing and tell me how your mouth feels. basically, that's what people are doing to their dogs feeding them kibble.

>>4210019
get a bottle or two of icy-chilled water, get the dog some dog boots (blacktop gets hot in summer!) and just go. you do not need to run or chase balls. there are plenty of shady parks and riverbanks and all sorts of places that you can take your dogs to even if it's very hot. you just need to find them.
>>
File: rcKddOY.jpg (202 KB, 768x1024)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>4210083
>keeps nosing/pawing at his pants
she wants to steal them for herself
>>
File: 1655575817145.png (185 KB, 1825x528)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>4210090
>middle age/elderly dog dogs fed kibble have horrid mouths, gum disease and bacteria. actually, they may be even dangerous to your health. one should really brush their teeth just as one's owns with a very soft babby rotary brush (Oral-B Vitality is cheap af) basically daily. feeding a good diet of real meats (BARF/RAW) and brushing is the gold standard obviously. eat 3 bowls of milk + Kellogg's cereal a day for 4 weeks without brushing and tell me how your mouth feels. basically, that's what people are doing to their dogs feeding them kibble.
My 7 year old dog is fed kibble and only has mild tartar. They get a pig ear every other day, not even enzyme paste, and chew on toys daily. Also pic related, the /an/on with the cleanest dog teeth ever posted with real advice backed up by real evidence of a dog with healthy teeth. You do not have to stress your dog out or make them feel uncomfortable by goading them into tolerating an electric toothbrush.
>>
File: CLEAN!.jpg (2.21 MB, 1512x2016)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>4210098
Close ups... please stop telling people to stress their dogs the fuck out with facial molestation when there are solutions that dogs actually enjoy
>>
One time I rushed in my doggy to come inside before she could lick her coochie clean and she got peepee marks on my blanket
>>
>>4210098
>>4210100
what do you expect from the retard who killed their dog with the spay which would have allowed him to continue fucking her?
>>
File: bully.jpg (214 KB, 627x1500)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>4210100
i just feed my dog a bag of dicks each week and it keeps his teeth spotless
>>
>>4210221
I was wondering to myself how nutritios these things are the other day. They don't seem like it, but they are quite large. Like I'm not, sure if I should take away some grams off of my dogs daily ration of food, on days when I give him one of these. What do you do?
>>
File: 7803457856956.webm (2.8 MB, 620x900)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
>>
File: 20220617_140027.jpg (1.7 MB, 4032x1816)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
Got my new dog a week ago. Things are going really well except for 1 issue. He is absurdly aggressive when he sees another person or dog. Going to take him to a trainer who specializes in reactive dogs on Monday. I'm way out of my depth on this issue, so wish me luck bros.

On the positive side in 1 week he knows how to walk loosely on a leash, is housebroken, and knows how to sit, stay, and lay down.
>>
Hey /dog/, out of sheer curiosity, if I ever needed to put one of my dogs up for adoption, would you consider taking her?
>small, around 10lbs
>no behavioral issues, likes other dogs, barks at passerbys but that's it
>no health issues, young, spayed
>>
any good resources for teaching fetch?
my dog will never retrieve the ball all the way, she always drops it a few feet from me, and she keeps dropping it further and further away as we keep playing.
I try to make her get it by ignoring her until she brings the ball all the way, but I've sat there for 10 minutes and she still doesnt get the ball.
I've also tried treats but she's not food motivated, especially in the middle of a play session. otherwise she completely focuses on the treat and ignores the ball.
I've also tried getting another toy to entice to come back all the way, but again she drops the ball halfway for the new toy, or worse yet she thinks im going to throw the new toy and doesnt come all the way.
other than that she is great at catching the ball
>>
>>4210329
Good luck anon, he looks sweet so I hope it works out.

>>4210342
I wouldn't right now because I have 2 large dogs, but a decade ago if I was still in an apartment I would definitely take a dog like that in.
>>
>>4210348
Hah, I had a similar issue. I could never get my dog properly play fetch. She would just get the ball and prance around me.
>>
>>4210342
>small
>spayed
literally trash tier dog. the street mutts are better and they're also not mutilated.
if i want a tranny tier creature, ill just open twitter and sugardaddy some girl with daddy issues... at least that's fuckable
>>
>>4210380
Oh, boohoo, you can't fuck it.
>>
File: 1509218703891.jpg (27 KB, 476x474)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>Mother picks up some random stray from some guy's house with no warning
>Don't get any input on it
>Dog fucking smells like shit and biting stuff
>Makes me wash the mutt
>Dog won't listen to me and only follows my mother for everything
>Keeps trying to make me watch him and order him around
>Big shocker he ignores everything I say and do even with treats
>Mother is already sick of him being around her while he still pisses in her room
>Still gets mad at me I am not watching her dog

He is already fucking huge for a puppy so I can already tell he is going to be a pain in the ass as he gets bigger.
>>
>>4210382
it's not even about that.
it being small already makes it a trash tier subcanine. just get a cat if you want a small cunt.
and the spaying makes it a literal personality less tranny like creature.
>>
>>4210383
>pain in the ass as he gets bigger
literally. make sure you do some stretching exercises beforehand or it will be ouchie
>>
>>4210384
A cat doesn't nudge me with a toy to play fetch.
A cat doesn't stay in a fenced in yard.
Most cats wouldn't come and sleep with me.
A cat isn't going to wag its tail, super happy to see me.
A cat isn't going to sit and shake for me.
A cat doesn't stare longingly out the door when I leave.
A small dog is amazing. Just don't get a chihuahua or a fucked up pug. You have a little companion that's easy to pick up and hold close, requires less money, food, space, and it doesn't love you any less than a big dog would. They're perfect for suburban or urban homes.
>>
>>4210286
I wouldnt worry about. faggots are usually slim and fit whilst consuming copious amounts of dick.
>>
>>4210348
how old? Dutch did that shit until about 8 months old then he started bringing me the ball on his own
>>
>>4210432
she's almost 10 months. she brings it back like the first couple of times but afterwards she drops it halfway.
>>
When I play with my 9 month old puppy and we're wrestling or chasing, sometimes I like to start to slow down and then ultimately move in super slow motion. This way the dog thinks "Wowee I'm moving super fast! I'm the fastest dog alive!" and he has even more fun.

Anyone else?
>>
What's a cheap way to get extra calories in my dog fold. I would like my dog to gain a bit of weight but he gets full easily.
>>
>>4211110
REROLL
>>
>>4211110
puppy food
>>
>>4210098
The bad doggy advice guy doesn’t even have a dog does he? He told everyone to let their dogs chew on FUCKING POWER CORDS for fucks sakes. Oh yeah, plastic with a core of tiny metal sticks, totally safe wont kill your dog. Copper is very nutritious!

Probably some falseflagging reddiot trying to get people to abuse their dogs
>>
>>4211120
Pic rel le best chew toy
>>
>>4211122
my dog has eaten so much usb cable copper wire that I'm pretty sure if I shoved a battery in his ass i could light up a bulb on his nose
>>
>>4211110
Mix bacon grease on the food you already use.
>>
File: PSX_20220318_092205.jpg (286 KB, 1125x1500)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
why the hate on for small dogs?
theyre the most practical companion dog for modern life by a gigantic margin
a decently trained dog that can fit into a soft sided airline cabin crate is a dog that can go literally everywhere with you
here are some things that i regularly do with my >10lb terrier that i couldnt do with a larger dog
>motorcycle rides
>bicycle pannier rides
>cabin airline travel
>train travel
i also have no trouble bringing him into malls /stores/restaurants/movie theatres where dogs arent normally allowed when hes zipped into his carrier
usually people dont notice at all and you can just sneak them in, dog people know whats up but dog haters think its just a duffle bag
but i often ask anyway and show them my well behaved dog enclosed in a carrier and 9 times out of 10 they say its fine to bring him in
>>
We found a spooky deer skull in the woods. Any reason I shouldn’t let her at now I bought it home with us?
>>
>>4211158
Because "modern life" is fucking awful and most 4chan posters avoid as many of its trappings as they can at all costs. Small dogs are great if you want to live in a pod and consoom ("omg, travel! pls charge me $3000 to see a resort in barbados! the HUSTLE and BUSTLE and the PEOPLE omg!")

The average 4chan poster's worldview is a combination of ted kaczynski, richard stallman, and pentti linkola. So 3 outspoken misanthropic aspies.
>>
>>4210176
>what do you expect from the retard who killed their dog with the spay
What?
>which would have allowed him to continue fucking her?
Huh?
Explain.
>>
>>4210384
>the spaying makes it a literal personality less
Is this true? I've never heard of this before.
>>
>>4211188
No spaying makes the dogs personality more masculine which the average person enjoys. Intact females are catty, sassy, "adult" and do their own thing. Spayed females are more playful and chidlike like neutered male dogs.

>>4211187
Basically this guy was shilling this surgery called an ovary sparing spay non-stop. Medically, this is only important for highly athletic and very large female dogs, because their sex hormones are required for maintaining their skeleton, joints, and immune system. A side effect is the dog can go into heat still, and won't get uterus infections from infertile breedings. When I say athletic I mean like a racing greyhound or dog that pulls its owner on a scooter/bike, goes on hilly miles-long hikes, or runs daily. Not a dog that goes on walks in town and plays frisbee. High impact stuff. HOWEVER, it is much more dangerous than a regular spay and way harder on the dog because there are more internal wounds to heal, a larger incision, and they spend longer under anesthesia. His dog was relatively small and based on his webms was kind of lazy. Most importantly he had bred her for cash a month before the surgery (despite railing against people who bred dogs with the merle and MDR1 genes she carried) and she was at the point of being considered a senior dog, where surgery gets riskier.

His #1 motivation for this was theorized to be fucking her because if a dog has bred and therefore shed her uterine lining, pyometra is only a risk if something is introducing bacteria into the naturally tight and firmly shut vagina, and there's no reason to get an OSS, just a full spay if she gets breast cancer - and if a dog is aging and no longer doing high impact stuff, doing a full spay has no negative consequences.

Soon after he said she was going in for surgery, he was no longer posting fresh pictures of her and started talking about adopting a new, unspayed, female dog...
>>
File: PSX_20211202_184918.jpg (703 KB, 1125x1500)
703 KB
703 KB JPG
>>4211184
so youre saying larpers hate small dogs?
mine is an asset on my country property, great for vernin control and alerting to more dangerous beasts
>>
>>4211230
Autist preppers use large dogs to justify avoiding waging and cities. They all like utilitarian/survivalist dogs like healthy mastiffs, german/belgian shepherds, and large spitzes.
>>
Do you guys groom your own dog? Is it worth learning it rather than taking them to the groomer? My dog only liked one groomer I would take him to back home, but since moving I haven't been able to find someone he's comfortable with. Last groomer said he bit her
>>
>>4211285
There's self service grooming where I live with included shampoos, nozzles, tubs, and a high velocity dryer. If I had to have my dog professionally groomed for some reason I would socialize them with that particular groomer beforehand.
>>
>>4211285
no what the fuck is wrong with you stop trying to fuck your dog
>>
>>4211288
You don't need to groom your dog for that anon
>>
>>4211290
ok groomer
>>
>>4211287
My apartment has a dogwashing station for some reason, so the bathing part isn't an issue. Kinda hard for me to socialize him with a groomer, I'd imagine. I think they'd find it weird if I requested such a thing.
>>
>have to painstakingly condition dog to put up with a nail trim
>tried to fuck my leg multiple times
>grabbed my arm and started humping my hand when i rubbed his belly once
>had him neutered that week
he should be glad i didn't kick him out for being gay
>>
>>4211305
Grooming is stressful for dogs and it can help if they trust the person more beforehand. It's a complete stranger mandhandling them for no clear reason.
>>
>>4211309
>best friend cuts your balls off
what a terrible friend, if I were the dog I would never trust you again
>>
>>4211328
He's probably happy because I saved him from becoming a fag desu. Imagine all the infections he'd get if he found a boyfriend. I don't want to take care of a dog with AIDS.
>>
>>4211203
>No spaying makes the dogs personality more masculine which the average person enjoys
it makes them a fucking tranny

>>4211309
go back to /kot/ retarded larper
>>
>>4211373
People like tranny dogs.

With intact females it's hard for the typical emotionally immature codependent pet owner to tell if they even love them.
>>
>>4211239
i wish my country upbringing was enough to shield me from city life and i could just prep and make do
but i need money
my country skills make me extremely valuable in the city, building infrastucture mainly
my small dog is a great bridge between the two worlds
he eases into city and country life with amazing fluidity
>>
Is there any way to train a dog not to try and eat food on counters or is that just a lost cause if you didn't get him as a puppy?

Also my retard dog was chewing a random screw he found.

Should I take him to a trainer?
>>
>>4211411
a swift kick to the ribs will make them think twice.
>>
Today my dog humped another dog. Never seen him do this before. Does this mean he isn't neutered? Should I be dominating my dog on a regular basis?
>>
>>4211413
The only way to put a stop to this behavior is to train him to be a power bottom. You know what you must do.
>>
>>4211417
So is that yes to dominating him? I'd feel awful and weird if I dry humped him so he'd know how other dogs feel.
>>
Dog park stories?
>at dog park playing frisbee with dog
>some other smaller dog keeps running with my dog and barking at them
>their owner isnt doing anything about it
>5 minutes later small dog is still doing the same thing
>my dog is running back towards me to give me the frisbee
>here comes smaller dog again, this time runs right into my dogs face head on and barks like crazy
>my dog drops the frisbee and snaps right at their face, doesnt make contact
>smaller dog yelps in surprise and runs away
>my dog picks up the frisbee and continues running towards me
>small dog's owner: You shouldnt bring you dog in here if he gets aggressive when resource guarding!
>pretend i dont hear her and continue playing frisbee with dog
the small dog stopped going for my dog after that but then decided to annoy another dog that was smaller than it, and still the owner didnt do anything
>>
>doggo playing with toy in my room
>it gets near my PS5
>he stops and stares at it and then looks at me
Damn fucking right he better not get anywhere near the rigs or I throw him out the fucking window
>>
What the fuck is wrong with people?
>walking my big dog
>people see him and me coming
>they stop
>I assume they're scared and give them time to keep walking
>they don't move and keep staring at my dog
>I walk near them and they let my dog jump on them, lick them and pet him
>they don't say anything to me but talk to my dog as if he makes decisions
Now I know why people move their dog away, God what the fuck is their problem.
>>
>>4211446
Not in a dog park but some tiny dog OFF LEASH ran at my huge dog. My dog is nice so they were both sniffing each other. All of a sudden I hear a shrill shriek and it's this obese woman in a bathing suit calling her dog back. Like why? They were greeting each other. Then after she starts dragging the tiny dog away it starts barking like mad and then my dog started barking and lunging.

It's like they want their dogs to be annoying little shits
>>
>>4211411
My husky girl is very well behaved and never steals my food. Just get a better dog.
>>
>>4211454
Did you rescue her old or get her as a puppy? Mine has lived as a stray for a while.
>>
>>4211457
She was old.
>>
File: 20220619_195324.png (1.02 MB, 1015x763)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
dog
>>
How long is normal for a ~8 month puppy to hyperventilate after an intense play session with another dog? It sometimes takes my dog 30 minutes to calm down, including taking him inside and getting him cool water.
>>
File: IMG_20220619_205443694.jpg (1.56 MB, 1920x2560)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
R these ok for starting? I'm the siberian shepherd guy getting a bitch Tuesday. No petsmart's are near me right now.
>>
>>4211659
That bone will break some teeth for sure
>>
>>4211685
Is there anything I can do to weaken it then? Cut in half length wise?
>>
>>4211724
Return it and buy bully sticks
>>
>>4211726
Quarters length wise? It took me an hour and half to get to walmart.
>>
>>4211448
>imagine acting like that because of a cheap ass ps5
lmao
>>
>>4211732
How long does it take you to get to the vet and how much money do you have to treat cracked teeth? It's the hardness, not the size. Making it smaller can actually make it worse since they can bite straight down on it instead of trying to scrape the edges, but some determined dogs will still find a piece to bite down and try to break off.
>>
>>4211813
he paid $1500 for that PS5 anon
>>
>>4211820
I see. Could I pickle it to make it softer then?
>>
>>4211833
sounds like something a cryptobro or nftfaggot would do.
>>
>>4211841
If you are getting a puppy I would let it chew on softer stuff for the period until the wisdom teeth (which are prone to break) fall out. Maybe cow hooves or ox dicks, like >>4210221. These things will also soften up with the dogs saliva as he chews on it. The dog will have the urge to chew at that age especially, so find adequate, softer things so that it does not chew on shoes or cables etc.
>>
>>4211879
I meant milk teeth
>>
File: 20220620_120944.jpg (905 KB, 2798x1734)
905 KB
905 KB JPG
Is the leangth of these nails suitable for long distance jogging? My dog runs just fine from a visual stand point but I heard long nails can cause pain with increased activity/running.
>>
File: 20220620_121029.jpg (716 KB, 1704x1899)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
>>4211936
The nails in the centre slightly do touch the ground on flat surface, makes a bit of a clicking noise.
>>
>>4211724
boil it, ez
>>
>>4211996
Thx anon, I think I will. I'll also mix the broth with her food.
>>
>>4211936
Long nails will break on hard ground. If they're long enough and possibly weak due to dietary deficiencies, just walking can cause cracked nails. Trim your dogs nails a bit just to be safe. After that, regular physical activity will keep them the perfect length.
>>
>>4211936
>>4211939
Hot
>>
File: 1642810568677.jpg (139 KB, 1024x788)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>4212033
cooked bones splinter with sharp edges and are much more dangerous than raw bones
my advice is to stop fucking taking advice from 4chan
(get a bag of dicks when you can though, those are some of the safest dog chews)
>>
>>4212198
I second this, unless you have a grown ass beauceron or something like that, I would stay away from thick bones like that.
What age is your bitch?
>>
>>4212198
God damn what's the answer then? I'm either going to crush it under my truck, boil it like this guide says or both. https://www.cuteness.com/article/cook-bones-dogs
>>
>>4212323
6 months
>>
File: 1655764226270.png (28 KB, 657x527)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
The puppy is asleep /an/. Love my lil dude.
>>
My dog has started carrying around toys and my shoes to put them all in one corner of the house and I think she's nesting.

For the last week she was at my gf's house, where they actually have a dog who just gave birth and now has 4 week old puppies, but they don't really interact with each other because we don't let them.

What do I do? Is it okay that my dog pretends her toys are puppies? Do I stop her from nesting altogether?
>>
I'm thinking of committing suicide by dog. What dog breed would you recommend? I'm thinking Welsh corgi.
>>
>>4212642
Great dane

Go out like Mr. Hands
>>
>dumb dog sees me making tea
>it's boiling hot
>he "wants" it like he wants everything I eat
>ok.jpg
>take also extremely hot metal spoon that was soaking in tea, get a spoonful of tea, and hold it out to him
>he goes for it then turns his head away
>grab my entire tea cup and put it near him
>he immediately runs from it
So the solution is to teach him everything he wants can be scalding hot? I can do that.
>>
anyone have experience with silken windhounds?
I was thinking of getting a whippet but they seem like a slightly bigger version of a whippet, which seems like the perfect size to me. although I've always had high trainable dogs like Golden Retrievers and Border collies where i can teach them tricks and be comfortable off leash
>>
>>4212651
Based
>>
>>4212373
>God damn what's the answer then?

to not give your dogs these dried/steamed/cooked bones from the pet shop. not crushed, not cooked, not pickled. they are garbage and cause broken teeth and often enough punctured guts too. feed your dog a complete dog food of a repectable brand. use bullysticks as a chew/entertainment after training your dog how to eat them safely. if you want to feed bone, do your research on RAW/BARF feeding.
>>
>>4212861
my dog has been content with his daily carrot as his chew thing. occasionally on a walk I'll let him lie down and chew a thin springy tree branch. I say chew but he doesnt actually gnaw on it. he likes to bite off 1 inch segments and spit them out.
>>
>>4212861
I'll just experiment then. But I did get your bull dick treats.
>>4212873
I should try carrots.
>>
>>4212878
give 1 whole unpeeled washed carrot. if you give too many daily his shit gonna look like general tso
>>
my coonhound is sleeping on my bed like he does every night and i legit thought he just shit himself because he let out the worse smelling fart I have ever smelled. it is making my eyes water and he is now smugly looking at me while stretching out. what do i do anons
>>
>>4212873
not all dogs need/want to chew/gnaw on shit. some do, some do not. some only do if they are bored in which case the solution is to play with them, not toss them a dried 3lbs cow femur from god knows where that when you handle it literally feels as brittle and sharp as glass. some dogs otoh need to chew for genetic fullfillment. it's up to you to know your dog and provide for it appropriate food and exercise. other common but dangerous chews are antlers, cow hooves and horns and those rawhide strips tied into bones. this shit isn't even that much cheaper than actually getting your dog a raw cow tongue, udder, throat, snout, ear etc. from the butcher. even if they do not have those now, many can and will order it for you (if you agree to get it regularly) - ask them. these will also have actual nutritional value.
>>
File: 083227.gif (1.39 MB, 1959x1469)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB GIF
When your 7 month puppy can break a 200kg strop rather than stay home for the monring
>>
File: PSX_20220621_084120.jpg (354 KB, 1125x1500)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
do i need to worry about him jumping out the window? were on the 3rd floor
>>
My dog’s butt smells like fish and then she stunk up my room after licking it. Is this due to her anal glands? Is it something I should be concerned about?
>>
>>4212923
Genetic fulfillment is pseudoscience bullshit that oversteps the bounds of what is instinct. Dog instincts are pretty well defined and general and dogs dont need to follow a strong instinct to be happy.
>>
>>4213120
yes
dogs don't fall out of windows that often but it sucks for everyone involved when they do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4zUnia0fXs
>>
>>4213083
He’s an ugly faggot. Ugly dogs are always freakishly strong when you least expect them to be and then take a nap when you hitch them to a cart.
>>
>>4213250
Yes. Get some rubber gloves on and sort them out. Probably a bit compacted and not emptying properly. Pro tip, open your windows before you do it and prepare for the worst thing you’ve ever smelled in your life. Or be a pussy and take them to be molested by the vets.
>>
>>4213279
nice reflex
point taken
ill put the screen back in
>>
>>4213370
I’ve never touched my dogs anal glands before and don’t want to accidentally hurt her. Might take her to the vet if smell doesn’t go away. My husband hosed her down, but I doubt that will help.
>>
>>4213411
its pretty easy to do
like popping a very gross zit
but shouldnt be neccessary if shes getting a proper diet
try a grain free or higher protein diet to firm her stools up
>>
which one should i buy bros
>>
>>4213454
Australian shepherd aka AS zhe Aryan’s Sidekick… other digs are DIE UNTERHUNDE!!!1!
>>
>>4213283
what? that dog handsome a fuck
>>
File: HUSKOID.jpg (64 KB, 1024x682)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>4213263
>Genetic fulfillment is pseudoscience bullshit
>RACE AIN'T REALZ BIGOT!

different dogs want to do different things and that is highly heritable. as in "behaviour X is many times more frequent and expressed in breed A than breed B". fact. some dogs you will have a hard time to train to dog bitework if you manage at all, others will be perpetually unhappy and sad without. some dogs dngafa nosework, for others it's all they ever do.

>>4213120
yes, happens all the time. dogs sometimes think their owner is in distress and leap to their death. it's not always stupidity, though that or just accidental slips can happen too, but just sheer loyalty. PROTECC your DOGUES!

>>4213083
well, maybe he chewed through it? very prdy dogglet/10

>>4213411
go to the vet but try rethinking your food. supposedly fog feed now has less bone by law than in the 90s which results in less "fiber" in the feed and thus less natural anal glad stimulation. you can supplement your dog's diet with raw chicken and turkey necks. these are the more safe raw/barf feeding items with a high bone content. they are probably the cheapest meat you will find. start slow and monitor your dog as they eat to make sure they chew the food thoroughly. one chicken neck is enough for the first time for a 40lbs dog. dogs fed (unwatered) dry dog food that get switched to real meat tend to get the shits for the first day because of the increased water content.
>>
>>4213480
Instincts and basic traits such as aggression, prey drive, energy level, gregariousness, and anxiety are heritable and can make dogs easier and harder to train for certain things. However, an instinctively aggressive dog will not be unhappy if trained to be less aggressive rather than indulged in aggressive behavior. There are other ways to keep them happy.

Genetic fulfillment is a lie. The correct phrase is “naturally aggressive dogs are easier to train to bite and will take to biting more enthusiastically” but they are not fulfilled (thats an abstract humans-only feeling) and it is not a mandatory activity for your dog. The only thing being fulfilled is the justification for breeding a naturally aggressive dog. That is optional, the dog can be just as happy if not happier without fulfilling the purpose breeders intended for them.
>>
>>4213480
you are a contradiction. you rant about genetic fulfillment but told us about how old ladies who never run have well behaved and happy pet huskies. you tell us how to keep our dogs healthy, but following your own crackpot advice regarding spay surgeries resulted in the death of your own. you show us dental horror stories and tell us to shove shit in our dogs mouths, but you never posted your own dog in any state cleaner than that lab that just chewed on dicks. and acting i recall your deceased collie had ground down fangs despite your ball hating kong shilling.
>>
anybody get a second dog to help with a dogs separation anxiety? my current dog doesn't like being left alone but with another person/dog he doesn't cry.
>>
>>4213497
Separation anxiety is about you leaving, even if other animals are present, and could transfer to the second dog. You need to train your dog to understand that you will be back and they are safe when alone in your house.
>>
>>4213504
maybe it isnt seperation anxiety. for example ive had my mom or brother stay at my place for a couple hours to see if my dog would cry and he wouldnt. i think its just him scared of being alone
ive done training where i step out of the house, then come back. each time increasing the amount of time ill be gone. but after 20 minutes no matter how much i train him he will cry.
its bumming me out because the neighbors at my apartment have complained of him crying so i sometimes leave him at my moms
i walk him before i leave, ive tried giving him kong toys but he how associates those toys with my departure. ive tried leaving the tv on with videos of squirrels running around. ive done a lot. the little dude just does not like being left alone
>>
>>4213485
>However, an instinctively aggressive dog

404, not found. not even the noble natty pibble is " instinctively aggressive" - it's just aggressive in a certain set of circumstances but otherwiser probably some of the most cuddly and friendly dogs you'll ever see and that's their point: they were meant to be this unassuming, loveable retard that nobody expects to know how to walk straight that would turn into HULK SMASH in a split second.

>naturally aggressive

one question, is this "naturally aggressive":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv4seQbdVfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4X3CWS-M60

???
>>
>>4213492
>have well behaved and happy pet huskies.

pet lines of "working dogs" exist. Border Collies who dngaf about sheep exist. All I can do is tell about my IL exp which is that yes, old women can have huskies that, as fasr as I know "only" get walked but will come when called and can be reasonably well controled off leash. my dog play regularly with 3 such dogs.

>you tell us how to keep our dogs healthy, but following your own crackpot advice regarding spay surgeries resulted in the death of your own.

what triggers me in a way is the satisfaction you take thinking that one dog died. it's alien on a visceral level to me. like uncanny valley shit.

>you show us dental horror stories and tell us to shove shit in our dogs mouths, but you never posted your own dog in any state cleaner than that lab that just chewed on dicks.

the teeth of my dog are SPOTLESS in all the pics i ever posted.

>and acting i recall your deceased collie had ground down fangs despite your ball hating kong shilling.

fangs are pointy af still. yes, regular felt covered TBs are shit. get rubber CHUCKIT! balls instead. rubber=gud, plastic+rough textiles=bad.
>>
>>4213512
Every time you would let or take your dog out, have them sit and wait before the door opens, and wait until your command to leave. Then move on to stepping outside before having them leave, and then move on to shutting the door, and then opening it again and giving them the cue to go outside. Your dog cries because he expected to follow you outside and needs to understand he doesnt get to do that every time.
>>
>>4213515
This dumb faggot thinks a dog can’t be instinctively aggressive
>>
>>4213497
>>4213504
>>4213512
https://www.youtube.com/gttsd
https://www.youtube.com/c/JadeTheSableGSD

>i think its just him scared of being alone

that is what SA basically is. if/while another dog being there to keep them company is a novelty, this may counteract the SA but once this becomes the routine, you may end up with two dogs with SA instead. check out the above channels to see what dogs kept in small packs usually are like and see what the owner reports on " the dogs entertaining each other while you are gone". it's basically not true, most of the time, the dogsjust lae around and wait for you to come back.

>so i sometimes leave him at my moms

sounds like a good solution to me....

>i walk him before i leave

how old? what breed? what sex? neutered or intact? you could try some physically intense and mentally challenging play before you leave. but ofc, only after the dog is fully grown and once it has been slowly build up to do some real work in order to prevent injury.
>>
>>4213522
>This dumb faggot thinks a dog can’t be instinctively aggressive

no they can but this other guy seems to argue that any dog that enjoys using his teeth for anything but eating food is "instinctively aggressive"
>>
>>4213526
German shepherds and other highly loyal velcro dogs are less likely to entertain themselves than many other breeds.

>>4213516
A husky is easier to train to pull a sled and will be better at it than the average dog, they are smart animals who can do many things with their lives and mushing and running are not needed for “genetic fulfillment”.
>>
>>4213540
>German shepherds and other highly loyal velcro dogs are less likely to entertain themselves than many other breeds.

are HUSKOIDS now " highly loyal velcro dogs" too? yesterday I was told here they were the exact opposite of that.
>>
>>4213542
No, they do fine with other dogs as friends and can quickly get used to having new owners. They can also be trained to walk on a leash and come when called because although their temperament and instincts work against it they are intelligent and adaptable animals, like the vast majority of dogs.

Except australian shepherds. Those things are dumber than rocks. No wonder their owners are happy to replace them with more intelligent belgian shepherds.
>>
>>4213526
useless rant and random youtube links

>>4213520
advice worth trying before getting more
dogs or hiring your mom as a pet sitter
>>
>>4213563
ya those things are fucking stupid. just worse border collies with defective dna.
>>
>>4213563
>>4213567

somwhere out there an AS is licking PB off your ex-gf's pussy I presume?
>>
>>4213576
No my ex bf is pounding their cookie. Its a sad state of affairs, zoophile.
>>
>>4213579
based boyfriend
>>
>>4213542
shut up dead aussiebro
>>
How do i stop worrying that my dog will die? she's perfectly healthy and had no health issues but because she's old I'm always worried she's gonna die sometime soon
>>
>>4213542
No dog is more loyal than a dead dog right? They literally can’t betray you
>>
I seriously can't be taking my dog out in 100F weather, for fucks sake it's too fucking hot for both of us. I'm taking this bastard and moving up North, we don't need this heat keeping us inside.
>>
>>4214066
>what are mornings
>>
>>4214093
I have a job.
>>
is it acceptable to beat someone else's dog if I'm visiting their home and I see it acting up?
>>
>>4214184
Isn't Luto like a legitimate computer expert, also Yura seems pretty knowledgable
>>
My dog keeps licking my thighs, feet, forearm, and legs. Should I beat the shit out of him?
>>
It's really weird trying to be clean, but also having a dog. I wipe my dogs feet, but I refuse to walk around with my shoes, but my dog is probably spreading shit anyways.
>>
>>4214184
>>4214192
Samefag
>>
i can't decide which one to adopt, help bros. all male except for bottom right
>>
>>4214554
just throw a dice, they all look like extremely good dogs
personally i'd pick the female but if they're all at the same shelter you should ask if you can meet them all and see which dog likes you the most
>>
>>4214554
the female is the prettiest imo, she also has a sassy/bossy aura.

but if you want a boy, i really like the colored ones... but maybe you should spend some time with them to see which has a personality you like.
>>
>>4214554
The cream one or the girl both look like they’re ready for some kickass adventures. If you like giving belly rubs get the gril.
>>
My new neighbourg has a dog that goes absolutely batshit in the morning: barking, wimpering, etc. for a good hour.
Can I use an ultrasonic whistle near to the fence to make it fuck off?
>>
>>4214629
can you stop spamming the threads with your retarded dog hate bullshit? go back to /r/dogfree incel.
>>
>>4214202
Objectively they spread less dirt than you. Shed fur is less of a disease culture and just less gross in general than oil+dead skin slime. I would sooner eat off my dog’s back than neglect to wash my hands after touching a public doorknob. Humans are so fucking gross. Imagine having to shower daily or else you smell like a garbage can full of onions and cheese. My dog smells like firewood and a dusty closet and he hasn’t had a bath in 8 months.
>>
>>4214642
That's the first time I'm asking, faggot.
>>
>>4214554
female dogs make better pets. they are more intelligent, less needy, less aggressive, better smelling, and normally cleaner. normies pass them up because their smaller faces look less imposing, they are considered worse guard dogs, and a needy dog is perceived to be more loyal.
>>
>>4214629
Talk to your neighbor. If they dont do shit and are dismissive start harassing the sheriff over a city code violation until he does shit. It always takes more than one call.
>>
is it weird to like the smell of your dogs butt(hole)?
>>
>>4214676
a cleaned butthole smells like some sort of pheromone so maybe not

t. has had his nose in many womens asses. the best ones smell like sweet crayons.
>>
>>4214657
Yeah but I'm not in the USA, cops over here don't care about that stuff.
The guy is a dick, his kids have been throwing garbage over the fence.
>>
>>4214699
He has dishonored your family. Meet him in battle.
>>
>>4214683
it doesn't smell like poop, it smells like dog just a bit stronger
>>
>>4214710
>dog legs legs, paws
>dog licks butthole
>dogs butthole now smells like dog
>dogs tongue now smells like butthole
simple as
>>
>>4214212
>>4214192
I'm not the same person as that guy and don't have neighbors or a yard. Now answer my fucking question. Do I beat his ass?
>>
Anybody know what breed my dog is? I figured she’s not a chihuahua or a dachshund/weiner dog, could be a mix. What the hell is she?
>>
>>4214729
No. Dogs that are abused are more likely to bite people
https://www.oharaattorney.com/news/causes-dog-attacks/
Attacks by normally peaceful breeds are often precipitated by abuse and neglect, such as crate-and-rotate dog hoarding and "traditional" training methods that actively deny that dogs have any feelings worth caring about.

And licking is a sign of submissive affection. You can just gently stop him and then rub his belly when he keeps his tongue off you so he learns that you'd rather do something else.
>>
>>4214712
so does my dog smell of butthole out the butthole smells of dog
>>
>>4214749
I'd have to wipe off my dog's butthole and sniff it to compare it to other areas of their body to answer your question and I'm not gonna fucking do that man
>>
>>4214752
aww but science is important
>>
>>4214756
Why are you sniffing your dogs butthole anyways? Why is your face there? If your nose is in their ass where's your mouth?
>>
>>4214749
or the butthole*
>>
>>4214758
she was sleeping with her butt on my pillow and i felt the need to sniff her ass
>>
>>4214761
>husky owners
>>
>>4214766
not our fault they smell amazing everywhere
>>
What do when dog barks feeling separation anxiety? Are there ways to solve it quickly for someone who lives in condo?
>>
>>4214707
God I wish trial by battle was still legal.
>>
Flying out on vacation on July 4th to an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean for first wedding anniversary. Family friend who was supposed to watch our dog for the 10 days we’ll be gone, bailed on us. Other family members are not sure if they can handle our dog.

My mother-in-law says she would watch our dog, but she wouldn’t be able to walk her. My dog is a year old, 55 pounds, and tends to pull on the leash during walks. My mother-in-law in a petite 130 pound woman who doesn’t think she could handle the dog pulling on the leash. She said she would just let our dog run around her backyard, which is fenced-in.

Would this be ok, or should I look into boarding my dog if it’s not too late?
>>
>giving dog commands before feeding him dinner
>he jumps up unwarranted and knocks all the food down
>pull him back and tell him no
>clean up the mess
>don't feed him dinner
Fucking retard
>>
>>4214987
Walks are dumb. Dogs are also happy playing in a fenced yard. Why do you think every shelter wants you to have one? For when you can’t walk for some reason.
>>
>>4214989
So can my dog go on for 10 days without being walked?
>>
>>4214992
They just need exercise, companionship, and a quiet spot to shit. They might want to be walked because they’re used to it but they will do fine.
>>
>>4214996
You don’t walk a dog only to exercise them. Walks are also beneficial for mental stimulation and socialization.
>>
>>4214989
>Walks are dumb.
You're right, my dog doesn't want to walk if I'm not there.
>Dogs are also happy playing in a fenced yard.
By themselves? That's a no for the majority.
>Why do you think every shelter wants you to have one?
So lazy owners who don't walk their dog won't confine them indoors to sleep in their own shit.
>For when you can’t walk for some reason.
If you can't walk your dog or get your dog walked, you shouldn't own it. There are multitudes of services to ensure your dog gets walked. If you can't afford a service, have no friends or neighbors or are too lazy, don't get a dog. Shelters give no fucks about if someone actually has a yard, but if someone gets an energetic dog, they want to know you're going to give it the release it needs. A yard is not enough.
>>
>>4215000
Thats why you PLAY WITH THEM in the fenced yard

>>4215004
What are you getting mad at? Yes the dog should have someone to play with, like you should get a husky for your husky or make sure your german shepherd is with someone they like. Duh.
>>
>>4215004
>cant engage in one specific form of exercise with many alternatives, some of which are superior
>then dont get a dog
oops broke my leg and im autistic so i cant have a dog!
or i could train them in my yard or take them to a small dog park or do nosework indoors or…

people like you are why good dogs languish in shelters while people like me get $100 oops litter pups and regret rehomings off craigslist.
>>
Anyone who says a yard is not enough is dead aussiefag levels of retarded. You only need yourself, a dog, and a way to be sure your dog wont run into traffic or be attacked by a shitbull. Use your creativity to exercise and entertain them. Or was lovecraft right? Most dog people are idiots?
>>
>>4214758
I do it to see if they’re stinky. If they are then when they sit anywhere it makes that stinky as well. If they are stinky I just grab a wet wipe and do the needful. This dog has worn down any ounce of squeamishness I had for gross stuff now I just dgaf and do what I need to do to fix whatever gross shit they’ve done as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Anyway I can say with authority that fresh dog ass doesn’t smell that bad.
>>
>>4215016
A yard is not enough in the sense that you are lazy and don't play/excercise/walk your dog, retard. Shelters and rescues think a yard is enough and don't emphasize that your dog needs physical and mental stimulation, plus companionship (You). That's why ANYBODY WITH A HOUSE AND YARD CAN GET A DOG EVEN IF THEY ARE SHIT DOG OWNERS.
>>
>>4215013
Or you can call your family, friends or hire a dog walker. Stupid retard.
>>
>>4215042
Yes, a yard is enough. If you can not keep a dog healthy and happy with a yard alone and think you need walks, you are really fucking shitty at this dog thing.

At what point did anyone say just leave your dog alone in the yard to do nothing, moron? Where? Point to it, idiot. You fucking peabrain.

If you fucktards can't keep a dog entertained in a fenced yard , you need to take an IQ test and find out whether you're legally retarded or not. You could be missing out on some sweet welfare checks.
>>
File: 1655938787344.png (975 KB, 1262x839)
975 KB
975 KB PNG
>Araararar
>Awararawawrawa
>Grrr ararara
>Raaawararara
>>
File: 1655939542691.png (160 KB, 467x518)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>4215052
mwam
>>
>>4214987
tell her to bring it into a doggie day camp for a few days or hire a walker
>>
Stop trying to claim your female huskies cookie.
>>
File: mine now.jpg (44 KB, 960x639)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>4215073
>trying
>>
People who rely on walks to keep their dog busy generally often have poorly trained animals that don't know how to do anything but walk on a leash and don't even necessarily involve socialization. I lost count of the number of dogs and the like that get turned around and sent off in another direction when their owners see my dog. I guess they're just so unsocialized they become unmanageable if they get too close to another dog.
>>
File: pasted image.png (500 KB, 962x642)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>be me
>Xoloitzcuintli
>some kid kicks me
>i get knocked out
>when i wake up, i'm in Mictlan
>the kid who kicked me is here too
>he's trying to find his way out
>i could guide him, but i won't
> Screw him, he kicked me. Let him figure it out himself.
>>
>>4215049
>Dog wants to be confined to a house and a yard for the rest of its life
KYS
>>
>Maybe if I keep my dog isolated in my yard he'll be socialized and neurotypical. I'll just leave him there all day and maybe walk my fat ass next to him for 60 seconds once a month
>>
>>4215083
>what is a car
if you actually had a dog you'd know that they also get bored of walks.

there are also fenced parks and wilderness areas that are safe for (well trained) dogs to go off leash. a dog could live their entire life never once going on a traditional walk and be happier than most dogs that only get walked. working dogs that have a blast chasing sheep every day sometimes never get walked at all. walks are just a convenient option for most people, but not the only or the best one.
>>
File: img-4693_orig.jpg (191 KB, 1100x733)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>4215087
>I'll just leave him there all day
You fucktards never could point out where this was said. You're just ranting about a boogeyman because "fenced yard" was mentioned.
>>
>>4215090
>If my dog never walks he will be happy
Do you own a quadrapalegic
>>
>>4215096
you have extremely poor reading comprehension.
>>
I have a photo of a huge husky cookie here. She's even a redhead. Anyone want to see it?
>>
>>4215090
>if you actually had a dog you'd know that they also get bored of walks.
what. are you disabled?
>>
>>4215101
Pls
>>
File: 20220622_191621.jpg (3.57 MB, 3468x3429)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB JPG
Breed?
>>
>>4215090
You don't walk the same exact spots every single time

Who does that
>>
>>4215168
that looks like a Chihuahua
>>
File: husky cookie.jpg (102 KB, 1080x1080)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>4215140
>>
>>4215168
Cocker vibes and some mix.
>>
I am looking to adopt a dog in the bay area. small breed, we have a large house and enough room for him to run around.

I cannot for the life of me find anything in a shelter. Most of the dogs I see on craigslist are overpriced or look like a scam.

Does anyone here have any experience adopting a dog in the bay?
>>
>>4215220
>Bay Area
>Shelter
>Labs, Goldens, Germans
>>
how do i keep my dog from throwing a yowling crying barking hissy fit whenever i leave the house
pretty sure its not separation anxiety more like just showing his displeasure because it doesnt last very long
like a petulant child
is it a puppy thing hell get over? hes 14 mos
>>
>dogs get bored of walks
lmao what defective dog do you own
>>
>>4215349
Border collie.

You run out of routes and have to take them to new places within driving distance. Then you run out of new places, and have to stop making walks the goal, just part of the journey to go to do something interesting.
>>
>>4215353
Your dog doesn't love you.
>>
>>4215363
If a “walk” is a training session or any sort of game she’s ecstatic and doesnt care if it’s the backyard or a sidewalk. Just walking around starts boring her though. She would rather explore periodically than patrol shit daily and is way more interested in me than old scenery.
>>
File: IMG_9333.jpg (91 KB, 670x894)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
My muttoid is disgusting today
>>
File: 627948755.jpg (225 KB, 807x572)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>4213283
>He’s an ugly faggot

You talking shit about our pup, fucker?
>>
>>4215390
pretty doggy

>>4215426
he really is ugly
>>
>>4215426
That's an incel dogg, but don't worry. He's just like all of us.
>>
File: husky cookies.png (269 KB, 760x568)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
Everyone keeps talking about how husky cookies are the best, so I looked and what the fuck, $48 a dozen? Are you sure? I'm pretty sure they're just regular sugar cookies too
>>
File: 7295353.jpg (1.35 MB, 2448x3264)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>4215428
If you say so
>>
>>4215426
why is he so fucking ugly?
>>
>>4215432
they bring better fortune to your life than normal cookies
>>
>>4215468
Helps with hanging off bulls tails and 80kg rams
>>
>>4215472
should have gotten a Carpathian Shepherd instead. they're a lot cutter than your dog (and cuddlable, who says you can't cuddle & nap outside with your farm dogs)
>>
>>4215477
They are heading dogs. I'm not interested in shopping but breeding what works. Both the parents of that guy have been to nz champs. Though don't tell anyone, but got a couple sitting by the fire right now
>>
How do I get my blue heeler to stop having an autistic freakout anytime she's in the car. It's constant yipping, whining, barking and lunging at cars, slobbering....chill the f out
>>
>>4215693
Give her the D

For discipline
>>
>>4215426
Is he a Border Collie?
>>
>>4215477
>>
>>4215693
Have a big crate in the trunk/boot/whatever the fuck instead of letting her free roam until she's comfortable with the sensation of being in a moving vehicle.
>>
File: doggle_splat.jpg (220 KB, 1020x768)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
My dog's goggles got hit today by a massive bug at 70 mph. Worth every penny. If you let your dog hang out the window, make sure to pick up something. This would have hit right into his eye at the angle he was
>>
>>4215842
personally i wouldn't take my dog on a motorcycle with a chintsy sidecar.
>>
My pup just became a year old this week. They grow up so fast
>>
>>4215719
She has her kennel in the back and still barks lunges at cars, I think she thinks she is herding them. I have a shock collar but I don't think I should use it on a 7 month old
>>
File: IMG_20220623_104100.jpg (732 KB, 2000x900)
732 KB
732 KB JPG
>>4215937
So did mine! The last 10 months flew by real fast.

Guess the breed
>>
>>4215956
Landrace Type Primitive Dog Mixed Breed (Carolina Dog)?
>>
>>4215981
Not a bad guess, he does have some primitive breed in him. His father was a red heeler, and his mother, a chiweenie. I think it produced the perfect dog.
>>
What happened to eevee, ugly husky, purple husky, inga, and dutch?
>>
File: 1629206057189.png (81 KB, 512x512)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>4216006
got a 30 day ban for rule 1
lole
They posted dog cookies too much
should've used residential proxies
>>
>>4216029
They’ve been gone for way more than 30 days.
>>
File: 20220622_165846.jpg (456 KB, 1849x1387)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
Does anyone have experience with doxie "calcification"? Apparently mine has it a bit but is fine though it supposedly worsens with age.
>>
File: 1656014474401.gif (67 KB, 220x220)
67 KB
67 KB GIF
My puppy has learned how to calm down and hang in my office during the day so I can watch him and make sure he isn't destroying everything. But now he's dropping atomic, eye watering farts when he naps after meals. This dude is flatulent. Pungent. Anti socially aromatic. At least he's calm. But now I sit in a gas chamber all day.
>>
>>4216039
must be in actual prison for their crimes then
>>
>>4216039
Eevee and several of the huskies died. They're not posting their dogs because they're dead.
>>
File: IMG-20220623-WA0007.jpg (311 KB, 1152x2048)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
Ichiro wants more attention.
>>
>everyone around me owns pitbull mixes or ugly fat looking poodles
>they see my dog
>can't stop saying how beautiful he is
Why did they all get ugly dogs?
>>
>>4215710
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Heading_Dog
>>
File: 268.png (9 KB, 300x100)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>4209349
>>
>tie my dog up downstairs
>see him just sitting there as I walk down the stairs
>call his name and he just gets up and smiles at me
>walk away
It's a nice feeling knowing he's happy to see me
>>
>>4216150
That's a cross between the Border Collie and the Australian Cattle Dog.
>>
>>4216071
>But now I sit in a gas chamber all day.
thats where you belong schlomo
>>
>>4216205
Hmm maybe the odd ACD crossed the ditch and got mixed in there? But still very much eye dogs not heelers. It's not a simple cross more like just farmers breeding what worked well for them for a long time. They're basically a distinct breed these days, but with a lot of variation in colour and type etc. Almost just a big turbo border collie. More likely to find aussie breeds in some of the cattle dogs from like northland where they would be using them to round up wild bulls more so than sheep. That dog of mine is bigger than most with a big ass head and is very good on cattle, who knows. But he will head rather than heel most of the time, which with a bunch of wild bulls can get the dog run over or run off a cliff. But he will stand up and have a scrap with 3 or so less wild ones and chomp them on the forehead till they turn
>>
>>4216253
They’ll need more form (they look like turbo Border Collies), function is fine (Herders), and history (time) to become akcucked recognized.
>>
>>4216083
i live in a country where it's not illegal
>>
>>4216071
hot af, i wish that was me
>>
>>4216257
Sheepdog trials literally originated in new zealand, in 1860s, there's plenty of history there. I'm not sure heading dogs will become recognized by kennel club or even if many people would want them to. Huntaways were just a few years back, but the trials association had big impact on their standards that say they should never be shown because this does not prove their task of working stock, and that it's their opinion that they should not be kept solely as a pet
>>
>>4216134
Because they didn’t see le funny tiktok videos with your dog in it. Remember normies can’t think for themselves, only carry out what their recent programming tells them.
>>
>>4216253
>More likely to find aussie breeds in some of the cattle dogs from like northland where they would be using them to round up wild bulls more so than sheep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACuW2ap7uvA
>>
>>4216638
While it is true that sheepdog trials originated in New Zealand in the 1860s, that does not mean that heading dogs cannot be recognized by the kennel club or that many people would not want them to be. Huntaways were only recognized by the kennel club a few years ago, but the association of the trials had a big impact on their standards. The standards for heading dogs are different than for huntaways, and the kennel club has different requirements for each.
>>
>>4209302
Alright /an/, the DNA results are in. Who wants to take some guesses? There are four breeds, 52% 21% 17% and 10%, no pit bull :)
>>
>>4216858
His name is Lochlan, that's your hint
>>
>>4216858

Nova scotia duck tolling retriever, golden retriever, kooikerhondje, irish setter.

Lol. Probably bad guesses, very curious to the result.
>>
>>4216862
I was thinking Nova Scotia Retriever too, he really does look like it, and he has an absolute blast duck hunting. I'll wait till lunchtime or so to post the results.
>>
>>4216872

In this pic he shows that he has a pretty heavy head, reminds me a lot of a shar-pei.
>>
>>4216858
52% Irish Setter
21% Brittany
17% Chow Chow
10% Golden Retriever

Lovely dog.
>>
>>4216858
>>4216862
>>4216880
>>4216885
Great guesses! The Shar-Pei really threw me for a loop at first, but its making more sense now, the dude has a lot of loose skin. I thought he would have had a least a little bit of receiver in him with how much he loves swimming.
>>
>>4216950
Wow, he looks like his results honestly. Awesome dog.
>>
>>4216860
Irish name nice
>>
what can i do if a dog doesnt know how to fetch properly? he'll drop the ball 20 ft away and sit there and bark at it
>>
>>4216950
That’s almost 75% Herding 25% Asian-Type Spitz
>>
>>4216963
Nothing, you can’t teach a terrier to retrieve.
>>
>>4216965
yes you can. they might want to "kill" the ball and might stop and drop it further than you because they want more engagement but most dogs are smart enough to learn some variant of fetch. the difference is a retriever will always pick it up and bring it straight to you and will never get bored of it.
>>
>>4216967
You cannot teach a terrier to retrieve because they are not motivated in the same way as a retriever. Terriers are bred to kill small animals, so they do not have the same motivation to retrieve as a retriever. Retrievers, on the other hand, are bred specifically for retrieving, so they are motivated to do so.
>>
>>4216970
If you can't teach a dog to do something that isn't 100% in its instincts you're just a really shitty dog owner. Everyone should be required to teach a husky to fetch before they're allowed to own a dog.
>>
>>4216979
There are a number of things that people can teach their dogs that go beyond the dog's natural instincts. For example, people can teach their dogs to sit, stay, come, down, and heel on command. These are all behaviors that are not 100% in a dog's natural instincts, but can be learned through proper training. Furthermore, not all dog owners want or need to teach their dogs to fetch. Some people may prefer to teach their dogs other tricks or behaviors that are more beneficial or enjoyable for both the dog and the owner.
>>
>>4216979
99% of /an/ filtered in one easy test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWDeW_9VA90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG0Fh5wnQwU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVF58XwZxQ0
Uh retrieverbros?
>>
File: roman.jpg (387 KB, 1400x1400)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>4216982
>bot post
i accept your concession.
>>
>>4216984
…You cannot teach every dog to fetch. Some breeds of dogs are not bred for retrieving, and therefore do not have the instinct or desire to do so.
>>
>>4216964
And surprisingly he's never tried to herd anyone anywhere, even the cat. He loves munching on grass all day tho, he's even got his favorite patches that he makes sure we stop at on our daily walks.

>>4216958
Thanks, I couldn't agree more. He is a very unique dog personality wise too, he's an absolute unhinged goof most of the time (just turned one), but is very focused and comfortable outside on hikes or camping trips. He acts like a chow around strangers, resting bitch face and all, but turns into a big sweety real quick. He's never been very food motivated, this was a huge challenge at first, but now he does things for the praise alone which is something I've never experienced before.

He's already a great boy, and it's only up from here.
>>
>>4216986
This has been debunked.

>>4216983
Although non-retriever breeds may become bored with fetch and try to spice it up by soliciting for more engagement from their playmate or just quit outright, they can play fetch just fine. You are just wrong and reiterating yourself will never help.

What you can not do: Train instincts out of a dog entirely
What you can do: Teach dogs to do things that are outside the scope of their instincts

This is because dogs are thinking, feeling beings like us. They just lack good executive skills, planning abilities, and self control.
>>
File: 1656096998745.png (625 KB, 801x669)
625 KB
625 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0MTrY5PQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_p4xsEPxxM
retrieverbros... not like this...
>>
>>4216970
I had a staffy when I was a kid that would just grab the ball and chew it to pieces. You could get him to drop it so you could throw it again but wasn't particularly interested in that. Would even do the same with something unpleasant to chew on like a lemon and more than once he caught hedgehogs during the night and managed to eat them and end up with a whole load of spines stuck in his nose
>>
>>4217065
I can HEAR this photo
>>
>>4217062
Dogs of all breeds can enjoy fetch, and there is no evidence that non-retriever breeds are any less capable of playing the game than retrievers. In fact, many non-retriever breeds are known for their high levels of intelligence and trainability, which means that they are more than capable of learning new things and adapting to new situations.
>>
>>4217057
Everything is better with some Australian Shepherd added in/10

>>4217224
>Dogs of all breeds can enjoy fetch

Ball junkydom is a thing and you'll find it with all sorts of dogs... collies, aussies, malinois, german shepherds, rottweilers...
>>
>>4216006
I been postng Dutch pretty regurally. I always manage to post my webms just before the thread dies. except for that one time the thread was pretty fresh and our community assigned schizo got the thread nuked by janny
>>
>my dog normally never chews on anything but his toys or food lying around
>absolutely never
>hear ripping sound
>it's my blanket
>why the fuck is he tearing up my blanket
>tell him no and throw him out of the room
>pull up the blanket
>retard was too stupid to look under the blanket and was trying to get to his ball, not the blanket
For fucks sake I keep punishing him for no reason
>>
>>4209302
God why do dogs have to live so shortly
>>
>>4217552
So that you can see 5 generations in your time
>>
>>4215081
I want this dog so much, it's unreal.
Unfortunately I can't find many breeders for a standard sized, black and a completely hairless one in europe.
>>
>>4215951
Give her some work to do
>>
>>4217552
god loves to watch humans suffer
>>
>>4215081
the fuck is going on in this post
>>
>>4217189
staffies are just fucking retarded
>>
>>4217552
Wild wolves normally live 15 tops. A few lucky ones hit 20. This is in line with what you get from medium-large breeds like collies huskies labs etc barring breeder induced disorders like cancer and epilepsy. The wolf ancestor of all dogs was smaller and coyote-like, so breeding dogs that grow larger just as fast without mixing in bigger wolves often reduces their lifespan by putting added stress on their bodies. Malamutes, which probably have timberwolf in their blood from way back when and only cycle once a year, have been known to live to 15 when other giant dogs croak at 9, but this is rare and will only get rarer because breed preservation destroys genetic health and makes dogs as unhealthy as humans are willing to tolerate in exchange for their coat colors sticking to the list of acceptable ones. In modern dog breeding, health is a vestigial trait. Dogs do not have to live longer than 7 or 8 years and breeders would actually like to make sales twice as often
>>
What can I get over-the-counter to make my dog stop scratching himself so much? The damn vet won't return a phone call so I can't order his normal flea pill thing.
>>
>>4217832
antihistamines
>>
>>4217254
I had no idea that "ball junkydom" was a thing! But I can definitely see how it would be a thing for all sorts of dogs. I can imagine that it would be especially fun for a dog who loves to play fetch!
>>
>>4217617
>god loves to watch humans suffer
God does not take joy in human suffering. Rather, He is grieved by it and wants to see us healed and whole.
>>
>>4217832
If your dog is scratching himself a lot, it could be due to fleas, dry skin, or allergies. You can try giving him a bath with a mild dog shampoo to see if that helps. You can also get some over-the-counter dog shampoo that is designed to help with dry skin or allergies. If the scratching continues, you may want to take him to the vet to rule out any other medical conditions.
>>
>>4217855

Then why doesnt he do anything about it faithfag?
>>
shes coming over tomorrow. we havent seen her in a month because she was in heat. dutch gonna stoked
>>
>>4217876
God does not cause suffering, but He does allow it as a part of the human experience. While we may not understand why God allows suffering, we can trust that He has a plan for us and that He will use our suffering to sanctify us and draw us closer to Him.
>>
>>4217882
>He
what does a god need with a cock and balls
>>
>>4217882
if he created everything then he created suffering and is responsible for all of it
>>
>>4217890
There are a few things to unpack in this question. First, it is important to understand that God is a spirit and, as such, does not have a physical body. This means that God does not have physical characteristics, like a human being. Second, when we refer to God as "He," we are not saying that God is a man. Rather, we are using masculine pronouns as a way of referring to God in the same way that we would use them to refer to any other noun, like the sun or the moon. Third, the idea that God has a physical body is not something that is taught. Rather, we believe that God is a spirit who is present to us in a way that is beyond our understanding. Finally, it is important to remember that we are created in God's image and likeness. This means that, while we may not understand everything about God, we can still have a relationship with Him.
>>
>>4217894
Suffering is not a bad thing. It is a part of life that helps us to grow and become better people. God did not create suffering, but he did create us with the capacity to suffer. This capacity is what allows us to feel empathy for others who are suffering. It is what allows us to learn from our mistakes. Suffering is not something that God created, but it is something that we experience as a result of living in a fallen world.
>>
>>4217904
>God does not have physical characteristics, like a human being
then how did he make us in his own image
>>
>>4217906
you faithfags dont even realize there is zerodifference between you an the autists writting elaborate sonic fanfiction on geocities pages
>>
>>4217917
While it is true that God does not have physical characteristics like a human being, this does not mean that he cannot or did not make us in his own image. God is a spirit, and as such, he is not limited by the physical laws that govern our universe. He is omnipotent and omniscient, and as such, he is capable of creating anything he desires. We know from scripture that God created us in his image (Genesis 1:27), and while we may not be able to fully understand what that means, we can trust that it is true.
>>
>>4217919
>s
There is a huge difference between people of faith and those who engage in autistic behavior. People of faith have a belief system that is based on reality and truth. Those who engage in autistic behavior often do so because they are not able to deal with reality and truth.
>>
>>4217925
>reality and truth.
lol
>>
>>4217923
youre a retard (Super Nintendo 2:32)
>>
>>4217936
Faith is based on the belief in the one true God, who has revealed himself to humanity through scripture and tradition. This God is the source of all truth and reality, and therefore the faith is based on a belief system that is ultimately true and real.
>>
File: 1503500044324.jpg (75 KB, 440x660)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>Mother wants a new dog since her last one died of old age while we were staying at grandparents house
>We weren't allowed a new dog
>Finally get a new place
>Try to look for a dog, but realize they are expensive and have a lot of hoops to go through
>Later brings home a puppy that someone abandoned
>Notice it coughing and having issues
>Think it might be very sick
>Send it to the vet to do the all the usual checks
>Keep getting calls on finding more shit wrong with him
>Find out he most likely has parvo
>Can't really afford all these meds for him just for him still possibly to croak
>Mother already crying she is going to have to put the dog down
>>
>>4217939
I believe that we are all made in God's image and that we are all beloved children of God. No one is "retarded" in God's eyes. We are all valued and loved equally.
>>
>>4217923
That god as it is written about is not real. Please read the vedas before rambling about the very first tome of mythology you ever read on an animals board.
>>
>>4217942
>i cant deal with the reality of multiple gods and spirits so i made this shit up!
monotheists lmao

how can a god that doesnt exist be the source of truth?
>>
Coco says hello to everybody
>>
>>4217988
Coco what are you doing saying hello in the middle of a holy war
>>
>>4217795
google any of the words you dont recognize.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mictl%C4%81n
>>
>>4217993
She's just taking a break is all
>>
File: 1550227587644.webm (316 KB, 480x480)
316 KB
316 KB WEBM
I think it's the best thing being at a house party when the host has a dog or a guest brings one. All arriving guests get to be greeted with excitement and happiness, and petting a dog at the same time as another person is a fantastic ice breaker. Just makes everything so happy and pleasant.

As long as everyone has experience with dogs of course. If even one person is afraid of them or can't read their mood it's a terrible idea.
>>
File: 1469683964261.jpg (8 KB, 230x219)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>dog died in feb
>got puppy a month later
>its just not the same
>dont have time to train pup like I did my old dog
>getting mad at it when its my fault
i just miss my old dog when i see our new puppy
>>
>>4217968
There are a few things wrong with this statement. First, it is not true that the God of the Bible is not real. Second, even if the Vedas are older than the Bible, that does not make them more accurate or true. Third, it is not appropriate to tell someone to read the Vedas when they are clearly not interested in doing so.
>>
>>4217969
First of all, the Christian God absolutely exists, as evidenced by the fact that there are billions of people who believe in Him and who have experienced His love and presence in their lives.

Second, the idea that monotheists can't deal with the reality of multiple gods and spirits is simply not true. Christians believe in the Holy Trinity, which is one God in three persons, and we also believe in the existence of angels and other spiritual beings. So we are perfectly capable of dealing with the reality of multiple gods and spirits.

Third, the person who made this statement is clearly not familiar with the Christian faith, because if they were, they would know that we believe in one God who is the source of all truth. Therefore, this statement is not only false, but it is also an insult to the Christian faith.
>>
god doesnt exist lol imagine not putting your penis some where because some jewish book tells you itll upset the work of fiction's main character
>>
>>4218327
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
>>
>>4218030
I know the feeling all to well :(
I eventually accepted the loss and managed to love my new dog as much as my old one after three years or so.
But I still miss her every day.
>>
>>4216950
wouldn't have guessed that
>>
>>4214554
cream colored boi
bottom left boi
>>
File: IMG_20220626_061437166.jpg (461 KB, 1024x768)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
Leon sleep

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.