[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4ftq5pxjegz81.jpg (1.47 MB, 3024x4032)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>dude just mow your yard twice a week, fuck you if you dare to let one dandelion grow in your yard you fucking monster
>>
>>4170638
>Passive aggressive snark
I think it's time to turn your yard into a terrarium
>>
Why are there so many threads on this lately? What's the op here?
>>
>>4170638
I believe anyone who writes something like this should get their ass kicked
>>
>>4170644
I think just because its spring, and people's yards are exploding again. You don't really need to mow in winter.
>>
>>4170638
Boomers hate freedom. That's all
>>
File: 1651878341045.jpg (97 KB, 544x782)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>4170640
This, if you don't have a HOA breathing down your neck tell those geezers to pound sand.
>>
File: pEpAgHK.jpg (2.25 MB, 1536x2048)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
>>4170640
That actually requires a lot of upkeep, believe it or not, or else it looks like this and harbors absolutely no life.
>>
>>4170638
https://old.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/upiot5/received_in_the_mail_from_a_concerned_neighbor/
>>
>>4170660
>HOA
burgolems lmao
>>
>>4170638
just photo copy it and put it on everyone's door
>>
>>4170669
We know
It's the retarded lawnfags boomers who keep implying anyone who doesn't want turf are just lazy. They don't really have any better way of defending their stupid conformist bullshit other than "you lazy kids. Stop being lazy [and pay a Mexican to mow your lawn like I do]!"
>>
>>4170686
take it up with city hall, fag
>>
>>4170681
Don't bong councils work kinda the same way?
>>
Start mowing at midnight or so.
>>
File: giab-complete-conversion.jpg (2.39 MB, 1936x2592)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
>>4170687
My city doesn't give a shit.
In fact they offer tax rebates if you dig up your lawn and landscape it for lower water use
Is pretty comfy
>>
>>4170700
3am
"Before the day gets too hot"
>>
i know several yard obsessed millennials as well
>>
>>4170638
I've misread "mowed" as "moved" and the letter took a rather creepy turn
>>
>>4170644
Bunch of triggered zoomers.
Just kidding, zoomers don't own property.
>>
>>4170638
Is this the daily "zoomer seethes about dad making him do chores" thread?
>>
>>4170638
mow your lawn zoomer faggot
>>
>>4170761
Same. Still whoever sent the letter is a bitch
>>
>>4170761
Re-read it with "moved" and holy shit you're right.
>>
>>4170788
Seethe boomer. When I buy a house I'm going to make the yard look FABULOUS like have pretty flowers everywhere and the flowers will be 100ft tall to make boomers like you seethe hard and they'll be flowering all year round because... um, well I'll find some LOCAL and NATIVE flowers that always look pretty and also I'll never use fertilizer or water my yard or use bug killer because that's not NATURAL or ORGANIC so I'm going to have a huge overgrown yard with a bunch of bugs in it and if anyone complains I'll post about how much of a SEETHING BOOMER they are! Right now I'm just waiting for house prices to come crashing down which they will in about a month or maybe two. Then your house will be worthless but I'll buy my own house hahaha!!!!!
>>
>>4170788
Nail on the head
>>
>>4170770
>>4170638
I just spent $35,000 to have my acre landscaped. I would like to die.
>>
>>4170797
>When I buy a house
So how's that going for you?

Not disagreeing with the general /an/ sentiment of monoculture grass lawns being pretty shit and neighbors like OP's are absolute morons, but imagining these situations where you somehow have power and ability to troll boomers is delusional when you probably can't even afford a car, let alone a house.
>>
>>4170644
It's an attack on the White People. LAVVNS are peak EVROPA.
>>
>>4170808
its peak 1800s British 0,1%
>>
>>4170638
I hate lawns so much. It's so ugly and useless. My inlaws gave us so much shit for having trees and shrubs and ivy around our house instead of cutting it all down in favor of an ugly lawn. Our trees keep cooling costs down and the ivy and stuff just looks pretty and all i have to do edge the paths.

>>4170686
>just lazy
This mindset is insane. They will have a big square or putrid green that they maintain by sitting on a riding mower every couple of weeks and they think they are such hard workers
>>
>>4170644
it's spring, faggot
>>
>>4170697
Not him but yes, we even have to pay a license for TV.
You should see the creepy posters they put on our trolleys.
>>
I love my lawn.
The home was basically abandoned for a while, purchased for the sake of flipping, then sold at a pittance due to it simply being small. This has led to a lot of native plants and flowers being present here. Thanks to the birds, and the five trees that sit on a 7k sqft plot. I'm trying to invite more native flowering ground cover species and hindering only the tall grasses to meet city ordinance requirements. I do this by maxing the height of my mower, passing over the ground cover and cutting down the obnoxiously tall stuff.

I saw three of these guys hanging out, and they generally hide in the crawlspace. That's how I know this will turn up good.
>>
>>4171181
This is the way to do it.
The retards here think that if they never mow they will have a wonderful perfect native wildflower garden, but instead what happens is you get a shitty plot of land overgrown with invasive weeds and saplings. They're just bitter lazy faggots who hate mowing the lawn because daddy made them do it.
Ideally you should be mowing once a month to replicate how large herbivores would graze on it in the wild. That way you still have a lawn that's ideal for the ecosystem without looking like your house has been vacant for a decade.
>>
>>4171186
>Ideally you should be mowing once a month to replicate how large herbivores would graze on it in the wild.
That was my exact thinking on this matter. Get out of my head, man.

Here in the Midwest, if I don't mow these grasses will be up to my mid thigh with seeding and flowering stalks. As much as I appreciate the habitat it creates, that's too much for a home or dwelling.

However, what is nice is that I left a buffer zone around my trees, with one of them literally having a sort of "connector" between the two so some of those tall grasses can continue doing their thing of providing secondary shade and moisture retention, while not looking absolutely intended to the point of wildland.
>>
>>4170808
lawns are an anglo thing (not human, much less European)
>>
>>4170638
We can read your barcode, I do believe it's inverted.
https://postalpro.usps.com/ppro-tools/encoder-decoder
>>
>>4170644
Youre not very smart are you?
>>
Dude. Just mow. It isn't hard.
>>
mow mow mow your lawn
gently at 3 am
>>
>>4171541
loudly loudly loudly loudly
engine backfired again
>>
>>4171536
do you understand how short boomers want lawns to be? less than an inch off the dirt, so the soil does not effectively hold water and the grass is on the brink of the death. anything else is considered overgrown. and remember, NO MOSS OR CLOVER!
>>
you guys realize OP wrote that paper, right?
>>
>>4171583
Incorrect, the article in question appears to have been typed and the filename structure suggests the image was downloaded from either https://cengizadabag.org/struggling-dad-fuming-after-receiving-rude-congratulations-note-from-neighbour/ or reddit or twitter.
>>
>>4170697
No. You can not mow your lawn if you dont want to
>>
>>4170638
why are boomers so obsessed with the property value of their house?
If I buy a house and am old enough at some point I'll just want to live there till I die. why should I care about its value?
>>
>>4171659
They take out repeated home equity loans. If it doesn't keep going up you can't keep doing it.
>>
>>4171568
Lawn mowers have settings. You seem like an indoor nerd.
>>
>>4170638
find out who sent it
buy as many live crickets as you can
unleash them in their house or yard somehow
>>
>>4170638
plant a strangler fig in their roof gutter when they're not looking
>>
>Have large steep hill
>Pretty much useless
>used to pay people to cut it but they're charging $200 this year
>fuck that
>Going to try my hardest to turn it in to an aesthetic meadow

I have a boomer neighbor who walks around wearing cowboy boots and cuts his lawn twice a week who I suspect could be a problem when it comes to this plan. I'm not even one of those fags who don't cut their grass just because they're lazy, I just like a good mixture of aesthetics, practicality, and sustainability.
>>
>>4170644
Redditors looking to troll slow boards because theyre spam gets deleted from /pol/ too quickly
Remember don't feed them and they will go away

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.