[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


Ye Olde BiggFoote Edition
>>>4137235 Previous Thread
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVJLEQ0AoKBwD0I_IzSO5wg Useful channel for general Bigfoot inf
>>
>>4145606
Bump. I fucking love this shit.
>>
File: 1280px-Gigantopithecus.png (832 KB, 1280x1032)
832 KB
832 KB PNG
Based first /BFG/ baker
Previous thread anon argued less likely to be related to gigantopithecus (pic related) and more likely to be related to dryopithecus (looks kinda like a chimp). Personally I think it's probably 1) feral humans living in the bush (maybe lost tribes of indians who refused to consent to US control), 2) some kind of supernatural/alien-related/demonic being, or 3) a completely novel animal stemming from no known fossil/ancestor.
Personally I believe humans were seeded intentionally and genetically engineered by aliens or gods or whatever you want to call it. I think each substantial race resulted from a different batch. Maybe some races (without getting too controversial) had more, e.g., gorilla DNA than other races. For example, you could argue that Europeans and/or Africans tend to look more like apes, while Asians tend to look more like alien grays. If this seeding is true, then perhaps Bigfoot was another seed that just didn't really become prolific but still survived for a good long while. Or maybe he is the next edition, and we are about to be replaced, which wouldn't be entirely unreasonable. Humans are destroying the Earth's ecosystems as quickly as possible. Maybe it's time to truly wipe the slate and return to monke, so to speak.
I think aliens do this because they can't survive on our planet themselves for long periods of time. So they had to create hybrids with existing animals that would pass on some of their genetic material. Or maybe they even seeded all life on earth from afar, and maybe when they arrived the DNA they shot at Earth didn't do what they expected (create more of their kind) but instead created all the life we now have on Earth. So when they finally got here, maybe that was when they realized they couldn't survive on their own and had to start making hybrids.
Maybe the reason we don't find Bigfoot is because they are small experiments and the aliens clean them up afterwards...
>>
File: skunk-ape-sighting.jpg (144 KB, 500x416)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
I thought I was in /x/ for a while, I'm so torn about bigfoot or Orang Pendek,

>"Do you really think humans have checked everywhere"

is pretty much the only valid come back to

>"How come it hasn't been discovered yet"

that doesn't involve a global conspiracy that makes you sound like a schizo
>>
>>4145606
Bob Gymlan's channel (link in OP) is pure gold. If you want to educate yourself on the subject, you should honestly watch most of not all of his videos
>>
I want bigfoot to be real so I can someday see footage of a polar bear, pushed south due to melts, hunting and killing one. Nothing would be more kino in my eyes than the first confirmed sighting of the north american monkey man to be some trail cam footage on the largest terrestrial predator alive today running those goofy looking fuckers down.
>>
Glowies got the meme thread, shall we keep this one more civil and report obvious glows to keep it calm as a discussion?
>>
it just seems unlikely that no bigfoot has ever had a heart attack in a compromising position. if they're constantly getting into encounters with people then that would inevitably happen.
>>
>>4145606
Off topic for a board about animals and nature, though.
>>
>>4145714
Or got shot. Or got hit by a car. Or got stuck in a bear trap. Or got orphaned and found by a settler who brought him up. Or...
>>
>>4145716
Keeping it to just Bigfoot here, and a more generally calm and less schizo discussion of the such
>>
>>4145727
Even so. Calmly, and level heatdedly, cryptids donnt really belong here. /x/ loves them, though. Which is nice, since they are on topic there.
>>
>>4145732
X threads fucking die in like 2 seconds and the glowies prevent a ton of info and shit from really being about without the monkies spamming the thread out of the general pool, An is a much more levelheaded area for discussing animals and such, also actual animal scientists and shit on here vs x ghostfuckers knowing Jack shit about ghosts
>>
>>4145735
OK, let's discuss bigfoot as a real animal. What have you got about their biology? Nothing, be cause they are cryptids. Maybe behavior? Nothing, behavior is something actual animals have. Do they make good pets? No, since they doesn't real.
Not sureva thread where people ake up shit about an animal that does not exist will be better by putting it on the wrong board.
>>
>>4145701
Most primates look fake, something about the way the muscles attach to the frame, chimps look like puppets
>>
>>4145703
Yes. They are already seething and posting /x/ nonsense in an attempt to shut it down.
>>
>>4145735
Just ignore him.
>>
>>4145714
Why?
>>4145722
Apparently they captured a juvenile in early 1800s.
>>
>>4145703
I don’t understand what the problem is? There’s already a plethora of threads up right now that are way more ridiculous than this one.
>>
>>4145870
Yeah, just report glowies for off topic, mostly a good idea to fight the spamming glows
>>
Bigfoot is not a novel species unless you'd consider abbos bald sasquatch. We have never found anything but apparently contaminated human DNA, human scat, human hair mixed with animal hair...

Because it's a bunch of inbred injuns with hirsutism and fucked up ankles, like those mutant african tribes. They consume their dead fully and signs of bigfoot habitation are identical to signs of hobos. They weave hair from other animals as well as plant fibers into their own to make it thicker and resist the elements.
>>
File: Gait comparison.png (2.94 MB, 1264x2332)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
>>4145741
>What have you got about their biology?
Unlike humans, their feet are flat and have a mid-tarsal break evident in footprints found around the nation. This appears to be an evolutionary response to help load bearing.

Dr. Jeff Meldrum is an anthropologist and gives a great lecture on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUdELbM62Ck
> Maybe behavior?
They seem to share some of the behavioral traits of other primates, including the use of vocalizations, territorial and resource guarding. There have been witnesses that have encountered long, intense howls, which resemble many of the territorial marking howls in a variety of primate species. They also seem to use shorter whoops used as simple contact calls among animals sharing the same territory. They don't like dogs, and have been known to target and kill them, as have other primates. They are omnivores and have been observed eating and foraging for everything from fish and shellfish, to chicken, livestock, and game animals. They are very wary of humans, and largely try to avoid direct contact.


Dog attack 911 call:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgR_bbpdyo

Hunter encounters sasquatch hunting turkey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5biRx4552eU
>>
>>4145741
Actually, there is a lot of material and evidence that helps inferences on their biology, check out Bob Gymlan channel on youtube
>>
File: Light reflections.png (698 KB, 1250x1128)
698 KB
698 KB PNG
Dr. John Bindernagel was a wildlife biologist who passed away in 2018. He still has a few videos available on youtube about the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdUsSJgC8-0I1dIliI4yAJA
>>
File: Bob the liar.png (2.44 MB, 2102x1718)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
This video demonstrates the low quality video that a cell phone will capture due to range and lighting conditions.

This incident took place in the remote, undeveloped, northern frontier of Canada at an energy production facility. These facilities are popping up all over the great white north, which means that habitat is being destroyed and occupied by people and machinery, creating disruption to the peace of the wild. In such cases, there often times have been reports of sasquatch making their presence known in a sort of protest, ranging from stealing and destroying equipment, to making territorial displays via direct appearances, vocalizations, or tossing things at people, like rocks, or in this case, a big fucking tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcZf1SDwkj0

While the image isn't clear, you can see dirt fly off of the rootball of the tree, which means it was probably pulled directly out of the ground by the creature, which requires a LOT of strength. Another interesting feature is the fact that the creature throws the tree underhanded, and yet it still manages to soar through the air and land a good distance away.
>>
2 or more bigfoots is called a bigfeet
>>
File: 4564om.jpg (8 KB, 285x177)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>4146356
>>4146113
>>4146068
Fun how none of these shots from the meme video show the suit's fake soles.
>>
>>4146677
Can't see jack shit.
>>
>>4146683
Ignore it. It's just a contrarian that's butthurt about sasquatch threads and is just here to troll people.

Pic related: Hard to see in this image, but you can barely see a line separating the big toe. You can also see the similar anatomical detail that you can identify on the gorilla. The foot and lower leg angle demonstrate that it's not a costume, as if it WAS a costume, it would share the same foot and lower leg angles of a man in a costume, but it doesn't.
>>
>>4146867
Run this in slow motion and you'll see that the foot flexes the toes upward before it's set down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X2ll0J9gO4
>>
>>4146046
Interesting take but could humans evolve that fast into something so different from baseline humanity?
>>
This would make a great general on /x/. Why here?
>>
File: 1647182422346~2.jpg (33 KB, 1125x495)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>4147268
/x/ is for imaginary things. There is evidence to support sasquatch. We want serious consideration
>>
>>4145741

There have been "sasquatch nests" found which are strikingly similar to gorilla nests.
>>
File: image3-2.jpg (91 KB, 512x384)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>4147419
>>
File: 6573.png (39 KB, 720x644)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>4145606
Interdasting
>>
>>4147393
the dermal ridges on impressions don't lie, there is a fucking ape walking out there
>>
>>4147026
No, what makes more sense is that the sasquatch evolved from the primate family in Europe or Asia and migrated west into north America along with, before, or after humans did.
>>
>>4147268
>Why here?
Because ALL the evidence points to the fact that it's an animal, and this is the board for animal discussion.
>>
>>4145606
That's a dead bobcat
>>
>>4147539
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsekrRdN7lY&t=

uhh
>>
I always wondered if this ape men thing are just unidentified species of archaic human maybe something akin to Neanderthals or some kind of late surviving Australopithecine

The latter seems to be the likely case for Orang Pendek though
>>
File: Patterson.jpg (169 KB, 630x912)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>4147425
Deputy in Georgia gets called out to a disturbance repeatedly over time. Finds an extremely heavy tractor tire thrown 20 to 30 feet up into a tree. Barn door ripped off hinges. Pets and livestock go missing. Eventually finds large footprints near an adjacent creek and makes a cast of one. He later sends this cast to Dr. Jeffry Muldrum, an Idaho university anthropologist, who examines them and confirms they are authentic. Dr. Meldrum sends this cast to fingerprint specialist Jimmy Chilcutt in Texas who examines the cast and finds dermal ridges similar to those belonging to the primate family, but differing from humans or any of the other great apes.

Written account:
https://www.officer.com/on-the-street/article/21028755/law-enforcements-tales-of-the-paranormal-part-5

Interview with the deputy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKATeFPAAU0
>>
>>4146677
Yeah that looks weird
>>
>>4145741
Its just as constructive as a speculative biology/evolution threads. Leave it be, its on topic. You dont have to participate. I welcome crypto threads over dolphin fuckers and pitbull spam.
>>
File: PGF fram 061.jpg (41 KB, 378x534)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Lecture given by Idaho anthropologist Dr. Jeff Meldrum on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUdELbM62Ck

Pic related: right foot with visible toes
>>
>>4147268
Can you stop spamming the thread please?
>>
>>4147561
It’s definitely some kind of archaic human.
>>
File: On a walk.webm (2.28 MB, 1020x720)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB WEBM
>>4147874
I think the absence of tool use and construction beyond your generic rock for smashing things, like nuts or shell fish, rules out the chance they are part of the achaic human family. I suspect they're part of the great ape family that, like humans, evolved to walk the ground rather than the tree's, and left Africa for Europe, Asia, and then the America's via the Bering land bridge from the west and the frozen land bridges that existed and were used by the clovis peoples in the east.
>>
>>4147882
When you are built like a bear you don't need tools, you can kill a moose with a punch
>>
Bump, any more old vintage bigfeet pics?
>>
>>4148514
>>
>>4147874
It's a degenerate modern human that's so insular in its lifestyle they eat their own dead entirely
>>
>>4148546
>modern human

Arms are too long, and it doesn't have arched feet like we do, and the tarsal break in the foot is closer to the middle, rather than closer to the toes, like our feet.
>>
File: 1647276764669.gif (139 KB, 640x360)
139 KB
139 KB GIF
Me reading the comments of all the scizo /X/-Tards in this thread
>>
File: Primate feet.jpg (145 KB, 680x940)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>4148531

Those footprints always reminded me of what primate footprints might look like as they evolved away from the "grasping" foot into the type of "walking" foot that humans and sasquatch have.
>>
>>4147026
Chihuahuas and Great Danes
>>
So is he onto something?
>>
>>4148915
Forgot pic
>>
>>4148918
Peter Caine is a piece of shit that makes shitty sasquatch bait vids.
>>
Notice they don’t sperg out over dragon threads? There’s a thread about stem cells, that’s actually off topic.
>>
>>4145687
or intelligent lemur
>>
File: 100percent.png (89 KB, 219x150)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>4145716
>>
File: i believe him.png (1.02 MB, 962x783)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ic0T3l4Mlw
>>
>>4147425
>>4147566
Problem with that is some bigfoot researchers found that dermal ridge-like features appeared as a natural part of the casting process whether they were present in the track or not, enough so that Chilcutt even acknowledged it.
>>
File: Ewoks.png (1.31 MB, 880x841)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>4149739

That's not a problem when people with actual expertise in print analysis are used to examine the lines appearing to be dermal ridges, which is how that fact was noted in the first place. While SOME lines may develop as a result of the casting process and be mistaken for dermal ridges by amateurs, not ALL lines that develop will, which means that the process has a much higher probability of accuracy and can not, and shouild not, be simply dismissed as a method to determine the authenticity of any given print.
>>
File: Bigfoot_Roar.jpg (20 KB, 640x301)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>4150094
The thing of it is as I said, Chilcutt himself was really surprised when this came out and had to revise his certainty on the matter. As you say, it's not a slam dunk either way but it demonstrates the need for caution in evaluating evidence.

>tfw all the good shit from BFF is behind a paywall and now the greedy bastards are limiting the number of open posts you can view freely per session
>>
File: 6 mill man squatch.jpg (11 KB, 186x271)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>4150169
>caution in evaluating evidence.
Of course, but that goes for ALL evidence, and not just dermal ridges.

The problem we have today is that there are "skeptics", aka contrarians, that want to outright dismiss any and all evidence based on the fact that error probabilities exist in methods used to evaluate the evidence. So while a method of evaluation may have a 98% + probability of being accurate, they choose to dismiss it because of a 2% probability of being inaccurate.

The contrarian approach used by so many just isn't reasonable, nor accurate in the vast majority of cases.
>>
>>4150196
Bitch looks like:
>>
File: 1509917924116.gif (1.99 MB, 500x490)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>
>>4150498
>associating your home with food for bears
Nope.
>>
>>4147561
Came to post this.
>>
>>4145735
Glowniggers:
>dinosaurs are fake
>bigfoot is fake
>space is fake
>Earth is flat
>God doesn't exist
>9/11 was Muslims
>Antarctica is nothing but snow for thousands of miles, nothing else, nothing to see here, nothing to be learned or discovered, btw if you try to come here (((we))) will use lethal military force
Why do these worthless welfare queen tranny homo freak pedos even bother with this shit
>>
>>4150570
It could very well be a relic hominid of some type. Some argue that that is exactly why it is not recognized among academics as it would destroy the long held theory of evolution, and how hominoids replaced hominoids.
>>
>>4150962
It’s called muddying the waters.
>>
>>4151016
You don’t understand how evolution works.
>>
>>4151062
You don't understand how to contribute anything intelligent to a thread.
>>
>>4151059
Yeah but why do they hate bigfoot so much specifically. Like, why are they muddying the bigfoot waters?
I understand Antarctica, or even flat Earth, maybe there's aliens there or some shit and flat Earth really reels in the schitzos, but why the fuck are they saying dinosaurs are fake and bigfoot is fake? Why are those priorities?
>>
>>4151077
>why do they hate bigfoot so much
Because it's on the list.
>>
>>4151077
if you were an alien and any of this was true
>>4145687
wouldn't you want to muddy the waters too? Aliens are all but confirmed as being real and on/near Earth at this point, so who knows what their or our own governments' motivations might be
>>
>>4151077
>Let the world know that there’s entire race of primate living in the Americas that we almost drove to extinction, animals that are seemingly as smart as a dumb human
>Let the People know that territorial hominids are living in your national parks and are the most likely cause for you and your children going missing and never being found again, also maybe even eaten

For those with special interests they’d do well to muddy the waters as much as possible
>>
>>4151478
You think they will let it out when the next occupy wallstreet protests happen to distract people like they did with all the bullshit that sprawled from 2011 that completely fucked over politics or no?
>>
>>4151787
Never. They will slowly let them go extinct. I mean they hide themselves.
>>
>>4145606
Here’s a wood cut? It depicts a knight fighting a “giant” in Northen France in the twelfth century.
>>
>>4152025
I doubt, if real, those primates reached Europe in historical times, they seem to range from the mountains of Asia to the most remote parts of North America
>>
>>4152027
Don't we have Russian sasquatch or something?
This could be one of them instead
>>
>>4152218
Russia is bigger than literally anything else on earth, and basically an Asian extension, counting them as “Asia part 2” wouldn’t be too far off even though they are also technically european
>>
File: Fight in the forest.jpg (386 KB, 1060x780)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>4152025

This is actually an ink print that was commissioned by the Knight after the fact. The artist was a German named Hans Burgkmair, and this print is from sometime around the year 1502.

The print depicts a battle that took place in a forest between 4 men and one "wildman". The "wildman" used a large stick as a weapon and successfully disabled 3 of the 4 men before finally succumbing to the sword of the armored knight.

Most Americans are not aware that Europe, and Asia alike, both have accounts of large, hairy, "wildmen" that live in the forests and sometimes steal food stocks, livestock, and people alike. This suggests that sasquatch like creatures may have followed the same migration routes as people out of Africa, into Europe, Asia, and eventually the Americas and even Australia.

Here's a link to a video discussing the history of "wildmen" in Europe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjBFPqbQjI

Interesting to note that "wildmen" have, are are, still represented on the coat of arms of some European towns, villages and such.
>>
>>4152218
Technically yes, I believe the most oriental part of Russia and Siberia must be part of their range; basically everything between the mountains of Afghanistan and Greenland
>>
>>4152025
Apparently they are still seen in Scotland and Northern Scandinavia. Where do you think the legends of giants and the green man come from? There’s wild man reliefs on Church’s and such all over Britain.
>>
>>4152780
They seem to have been all over Eurasia at one point. Probably never very common?
>>
File: 2001 Moonwatcher.png (1 MB, 1893x677)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>4152876
>>4152909

I saw a vid where some dude posed a hypothesis that these creatures are subject to many of the same types of plagues and pandemics that humans are, which resulted in a significant decrease in their numbers as a result of the black plague in Europe, and the small pox in the Americas. If they are close to humans genetically, as are the other great apes in our family, then they too would be subject to many of the same viruses and diseases, as are our peers in the great ape family.

Europe has a significantly smaller amount of natural forest area compared to the Americas, as it has been subject to intensive foresting for centuries as far back as the Romans and ancient Greeks, while the America's didn't experience the same type of foresting until the 1600's, and there still exists huge swarths of forest that haven't been touched.

IMO, the combination of human disease, hunting pressure, and loss of habitat created a significant impact on their populations, and due to the current reliance on industrialization, hunting pressure has decreased on all animals creating a boon for the species for reproduction. This will eventually lead to more video evidence that can't be reasonably disputed.
>>
File: 220px-PetrusGonsalvus.jpg (25 KB, 220x440)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>4152025
>>4152027
>>4152218
>>4152250
>>4152363
>>4152780
>>4152876
>>4152919
>>4152909
Hypertrichosis + Gigantism = Bigfoot formula?
>>
Is Bigfoot the result of a human or human ancestor going fully feral again? I remember an anon on /x/ who asked if humans develop traits like thicker body hair in the wild, similar to how pigs grow hair and tusks in the wild.
>>
>>4152941
>going fully feral again?
No. There are still a few "undiscovered" tribes that exist, and they don't display any kind of excessive hair growth or giganticism.

If anything, they're a member of the great ape / hominid family, like us, that co-evolved to survive in cooler and forested climates from Europe to the Americas and Australia. They may even be close enough to humans that cross-breeding might be a possibility.
>>
>>4152930
>Hypertrichosis + Gigantism = Bigfoot formula?

Nah...we'd see a greater incidence of tool use and development if that was the case.
>>
>>4152957
The one in that giant picture is wielding a tool. They could be feral/abandoned humans
>>
>>4152966
Meh, even chimps will use basic sticks from time to time.
>>
>>4152971
Do chimps beat eachother with sticks? My proposition is that parents in medieval europe would abandon children that show these traits (Even monarchs were viewed as cursed by God if deformed) Leading to them not getting a formal education (like making and using tools) and going wild. Then stories of them would warp into wildmen and giants. It would also explain why some stories feature them takig a sexual interest in humans despite being cryptids.
>>
File: Chimp with stick.jpg (128 KB, 734x1100)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>4152966
>>4152971
>>
>>4152982
Chimpansees dont fight with clubs retard and are too small
>>
>>4152980
>Do chimps beat eachother with sticks?
Don't think so. I think they use them for food and for display by beating the ground or trees and shit.

>parents in medieval europe would abandon children that show these traits
I don't think the survival rate would be high enough to create a breeding population. Abandoning children to the wild is pretty much a 99% death sentance imo.

> It would also explain why some stories feature them takig a sexual interest in humans
A lot of animals take interest in trying to breed with humans when they hit their version of "puberty", or when they are in cycle as females. There are accounts of female humans being raped by members of the great ape family, so I can see the same happening as a result of sasquatch encounters.

>>4152986
Fuck off out of the thread if you're going to be a rude cunt.
>>
Tom Tucker: In other pseudo-scientific news, a local man claims to have spotted Bigfoot. We've got the exclusive interview.
(Cut to an interview between Tom Tucker and RJ)
RJ: I was about to bone my girlfriend out at the lake, but suddenly she yelled, so I looked up and it was Bigfoot.
Tom Tucker: So what happened next?
RJ: Then I went back to bone her, but the mosquitoes were going crazy, and she said there was no way
>>
>>4152930
No. They are morphologically different from humans.
>>
>>4152956
There’s no way that the Yowie is the same animal if they even exist (not saying Sasquatch’s actually exist either of course.) Australia has been isolated from the rest of the world for to long for them to have got there. The only placental mammals that got to Australia either flew (bats,) swan (seals,) or came over by boat (humans, dingos etc.)

The Yowie would either have to be brought over by boat by humans, or created their own boats which is still kinda ridiculous. I remember a supposed sighting of a Yowie that was apparently carrying a stone axe. The sighting was made by a paleontologist if I remember correctly. The whole thing sounds more fantastical that Sasquatch’s does in my opinion.
>>
>>4153015
Sorry for the poor grammar I am currently phonefagging.
>>
>>4153015
>no way that the Yowie is the same animal
I suspect that there are different varieties, much like in the canid world where you have wolves, coyotes, jackals, and wild dogs. They're all related, but different in their own ways.
>>
bigfoot is a yeti with his summer coat
>>
>>4151787
They still hide the existence of giants for some unknown reason, so no
>>
Yowies are likely the descendant of the same archaic human that gave rise to Homo Florisiensis that decided to raft further to the west or south of Lombok island until they stumbled across Sahul Land and spread from there to mainland Australia
>>
File: duck_hunt.png (587 KB, 551x413)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
>>4152930
A pair of diseases don't into a homo sapiens into another species, those creatures are perfectly adapted to their environment and their anatomy is in some points very different from ours, some even debate if they can be classified as great apes, or a convergent evolution of another primate branch
>>
>>4153201
>*A pair of diseases don't turn a homo sapiens into another species
>>
>>4153015
Lot of unusual reports suggesting bigfoot is an exceptionally strong swimmer. Check out the book Raincoast Bigfoot. Island hopping across the Wallace line potentially could've been accomplished in a series of relatively short jumps.
>>
>>4153206
Weird, since most mommies Uber die when touching water, with humans having tk literally force ourselves to not be idiots to be buoyant
>>
File: Enhanced Frame 323.png (950 KB, 1499x687)
950 KB
950 KB PNG
>>4153206
They've been observed on Vancouver island, and it's not known if there is a resident population on the island, if they swim to the island for hunting purposes, or both. Regardless, you're looking at a swim of anywhere from a half mile plus in cold ass water with a current to get to the island, and that's no mean feat.

>>4153474
Meh, pretty much all the large carnivores and omnivores know how to swim, so it wouldn't be unusual at all given the habitat these creatures tend to roam. While they exist in mountainous forested areas, it is also quite common to find them adjacent to river and creek systems, bogs, swamps, and along the coasts. This has lead to speculation that water systems create a significant amount of their food resources via the edible vegetation they produce, fish, mussels/clams/oysters, crustaceans, and the other animals that use those as food resources. This is a characteristic that is similar to bears, as is the ability to swim.
>>
File: Jack Links.jpg (703 KB, 730x1438)
703 KB
703 KB JPG
>>
>>4153206
>swims across the ocean
Come on.
>>
>>4151016
>Some argue that that is exactly why it is not recognized among academics as it would destroy the long held theory of evolution, and how hominoids replaced hominoids.
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>4154330
Don’t listen to the Christian fundamentalists shills. I’ve never heard anyone claim that ever.
>>
>>4154330
It's not that it would destroy evolution as a whole, but it would destroy the once held belief that hominids replaced hominids, as opposed to existing and co-evolving together.
>>
>>4154335
>Christian fundamentalists shills.
LoL! G'damn you're a programmed idiot that can't think for yourself, can you pumpkin?
>>
>>4154362
I’m not programmed by anyone. My beliefs are all over the place. You’re just so desperate to take your interpretation of your religion as 100% factual you’ll jump through any hoops and preform any mental gymnastics to get to the conclusion you want. You’re closer to a leftist that I am sweetie.
>>
>>4154361
Yeah but scientists don’t believe that anymore. The current age is the exception rather than the rule.
>>
>>4154371
>>4154335
>>
>>4154453
Oh yes, the typical /x/ retort. Back to topic please?
>>
>>4154459
Yeah, like discussing >>4148531 for example
>>
>>4154362
>all these boomerisms
Off the internet, grandpa.
>>
File: Map_of_Sunda_and_Sahul_2.png (360 KB, 1111x1007)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>4154325
Most of the Malay Archipelago was connected by a landmass called Sundaland during the ice age. Crossing the Wallace line would entail at most traversing the current 12 miles of the Lombok strait. (Likely narrower at the time)
Reminder that Flores is east of the Wallace line. The 80 miles it would take to cross Weber's line from Timor to the Sahul landmass is more significant but there are potentially shorter routes by way of Sulawasi and it's neighboring islands. Consider that the English channel swim route of the Dover strait is only 20 miles.
This of course is all without considering the possibility of the log paddling technique theorized by some paleontologists.
>>
>>4154371
You absolutely are a programmed bot.

This post>>>>>>4154361 explained that evolution, as a theory, was NEVER in question, and yet YOU still attack me as if I reject the theory based on religious grounds.

1. I don't practice religion.
2. I accept the theory of evolution because the EVIDENCE supports it.

And yet you're such a seething rampant anti-religion lunatic, you can't even accept the fact that religion had nothing to do with my assertion.

>>4154372
Today, sure, but not in the 60's. New evidence in the fossil record pretty much forced them to change their model.
>>
>>4145606
Fuck off back to /x/, retard. Your schizo theories will be more accepted there.
>>
>>4155483
How about you fuck off back to your bestiality thread and quit shitting up our thread, faggot.
>>
>>4155483
Don't you have another pitbull black people hate thread to make
>>
>>4154526
There was probably a land bridge linking Asia to Australia at some time that allowed for various species to migrate and prosper there.
>>
>>4156043
They were joined at some point to allow marsupials to spread there but the whole idea of Wallace's line et al is that's what kept placental mammals from doing the same prior to human contact. Key concept is a hypothetical hominid-like primate might have the same ability as one to overcome that obstacle.
>>
>>4152991
Lol sissy
>>
>>4145606
Bigfoot is bears walking on their hind legs.
>>
>>4156228
Based retard
>>
>>4156228
This hypothesis is easily falsified given the descriptions of the creatures people observe.

1. Bears don't have a face that resemble humans or gorillas, and yet this is a common description given by people that have sasquatch encounters. The face of a bear is closer to a dogs face, due to their snouts, as opposed to that of a human or any other great ape.
2. Bears have narrow shoulders compared to their heads, while people describe sasquatch as having wide, muscular shoulders.
3. Bears don't have long arms, but sasquatch are described as having long arms that are as long as their legs.
4. Bears have prominent ears, while sasquatch do not.
5. Sasquatch have been observed during times when bears are hibernating due to the winter.
6. Bears have prominent claws on feet and paws alike, while sasquatch are not described as sharing this trait.
7. Bears have short legs that make their walking gait very awkward, while sasquatch have long legs and are described to have a very fluid walking gait.

All the evidence demonstrates that saquatch are vastly different than bears, and the probability of mistaking a bear for a sasquatch is close to 0% by any reasonable person with anything close to normal vision.
>>
>>4156228
The idea that every person that see's bigfoot is actually seeing a Bear, for 100s of years for every encounter, astoundingly retarded and I doubt anyone that spouts that nonsense actually thinks about it at all
>>
>>4156228
Bears learned that behavior from bigfoot
>>
>>4153015
The yowie was probably just a hairy abbo lol
>>
File: hi-im-bob-gymlan.jpg (25 KB, 300x300)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>4145606
unbelievably based
>>
>>4156502
Agreed, wish he posted more often
>>
>>4156228
what kind of bear walks dozens of kilometers on its hind legs?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vasghd8ji3Y
>>
>>4156490
Hilariously lowbrow
>>
>>4156228
Go to knee jerk brainlet response
>>
>>4156616
A magic shapeshifting bear that can transition its face from having a snout to looking human or like a gorilla.
>>
>>4156458
Obligatory false memories/seeing what they want to see
If someone thinks they see Bigfoot, I can’t trust them to not subconsciously apply traits or features that weren’t there

Ask anyone to look at someone for a minute then describe them without looking to see what I mean

And with all these encounters, you’d hope at some point somewhere, somehow, some more substantial physical evidence would come to light instead of just witness accounts and grainy photos
I do believe somewhere in the world there is a Bigfoot-esque species living out there though
>>
>>4156892
>Obligatory false memories/seeing what they want to see

This hypothesis is easily falsified by the fact that witness observations almost always start off with the witness believing they are observing a natural animal, like a bear, or a human / hunter. Only after observing the object from a different angle and or making visual comparisons of known animals / people do the witnesses finally realize they are observing a sasquatch.

Your assertion is idiotic and completely unsupported by witness reports and observations.
>>
>>4145690
Got a story guys, my uncle who just returned from his construction site in the deep forest of West Sumatra claimed that he saw Orang Pendek once. It was at dusk when he returned with his bois in a car back to their housings, at a cliffside road, he saw that the thing was walking down from the upper cliff, cross the road to the lower cliff behind a big rock. The bois who also saw this keep telling him to just GTFO ASAP as in the myth it is said that if you saw an Orang Pendek disaster would come upon you. But he insist that he must confirm wtf he was just saw so he stopped the car and get out to the rock. And then behind the rock there is... Nothing, just an open cliff. So he was puzzled and just gtfo from there, no disaster either.
Now I heard things about bigfoot and rock formations, so his story sounds familiar to me, wdyt?
>>
>>4157032
>bigfoot and rock formations,

A possibility exists that they could use caves as a sort of home and use rocks to secure the entrances.
>>
>>4157032
They must have a hyper spacial awareness, and the reflexes to boot, I bet they have escape plans calculated in an instant, just like chimps who only need a fraction of a second to memorize the spots of dozens of numbers in a memory game and get it right 99% of the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyJomdyjyvM
>>
>>4154856
Bro you’re on 4chan claiming the theory of evolution could be proven false. What did you expect people to think?
>>
>>4156228
>>
>>4156892
There has been evidence but people just poo poo it away.
>>
>>4157128
I don’t want to get to tinfoil hat but.
>>
>>4157251
imagine being dragged to bigfoot rape cave
>>
>>4157251

Creating hypothesis and correlations based on factual data is not being "tinfoil hat", it's simply using scientific method.
>>
>>4157342
>>
>>4157387
Hello fren. Can we get a less potato version of this image or a link to its source? I can't really read the legend and I'd like to know what this is trying to show.
>>
>>4157398
It’s a sighting map from the BFRO.
>>
>>4156892
>look at someone for a minute then describe them

Do this with enough people and you will find that the accuracy of human observation can be measured on a bell curve like other human skills and performances. You will have observations that range from being extremely inaccurate to extremely accurate, with the majority of observations being somewhere in between. This is why it's important to collect as many reports as possible in order to assess and identify the reports that have the highest probability of being accurate based on the individual making the report, and the circumstances at the time and location of the incident.
>>
>>4157461
The most solid evidence for bigfoot are their tracks, not hearsay sights, now I want to know what species of bear has no claws on their back paws and walk miles on their hind legs
>>
>>4157387
itoddlers were a mistake
>>
This is the best bigfoot toy in my opinion, anybody else agree
>>
>>4157727
>The most solid evidence for bigfoot are their tracks
Physical evidence, agree.
> not hearsay sights
Human observation is not "hearsay", it is factual data that either contributes to, or falsifies a hypothesis, and can't simply be dismissed due to error probabilities. When enough people make an observation describing the same thing throughout generations, then that thing exists, period. Human observation is the number one tool that allows us to learn behaviors and recognize things in the environment that can benefit or harm us alike. Human observation isn't perfect by any means, but it doesn't have to be perfect, nor does any other test method to prove or falsify a hypothesis.

Humanity had no way to collect evidence from the celestial bodies if they didn't fall to Earth back in the day, and yet the observational skills of our ancestors was accurate enough to plot the trajectories of stars through the evening sky throughout the years, and to accurately predict the arrival and departure of local comets.

The probability of an average human with normal vision misidentifying a bear, or any other animal, observed under good conditions at close range will be in the low single digits, if not zero. That fact, combined with the physical evidence supporting the observations, clearly demonstrates the existence of sasquatch, regardless if we have a body or not.
>>
>>4157907
>it is factual data
Eyewitness testimony is practically useless because of all the vagaries of memory and perception in well intentioned individuals.
>>
I feel like people would be more open to the idea of Bigfoot if there wasn't this whole other group who also believed in Dogman and tried to associate Bigfoot with them like the claim that both cryptids fought over territory

>>4157967
Nice job ignoring everything else he just said Anon, the Speed Reading Racer
>>
>>4157967
>Eyewitness testimony is practically useless
Wrong.

Observer accuracy is based on a number of factors, including the observer, but it ranges from extremely accurate to extremely inaccurate, with the majority being somewhere in the middle.

This is why observers in the past were able to trace and predict the trajectory of celestial bodies to a high degree of accuracy despite a lack of modern equipment.
>>
>>4157971
Yeah, I wish I could smack the bitch who made Dogman, literally just a shittier creepypasta version of a werewolf that conflicts with Bigfoot stuff
>>
>>4158155
Generally just hate Schizo's and grifters more then Skeptics sometimes because those two groups make discussion much more difficult

>Obvious fake Bigfoot encounter or evidence but the news is going to give the Grifter the time of day because clickbait is good for business
>Stupid shit like "Bigfoot is an alien/Dimension hopper who can make himself invisible" that floats around because morons can't fathom the idea of a wild animal being smart enough to be sneaky

All of this fuels the Skeptic's who become that much more confident that they don't need to bother looking into these things because to them everyone else who does is a complete idiot
>>
File: Beneath planet of apes.gif (3.01 MB, 810x456)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB GIF
>>4158190
>the Skeptic's who become that much more confident that they don't need to bother looking into these things

Those people aren't "skeptics", they're contrarians. Skeptics simply ask for evidence to support or falsify any given claim, while the contrarians that call themselves "skeptics" simply ignore or dismiss any and all evidence that supports or falsifies any given claim.

I'M a skeptic, which is why I actually took the time to research the evidence available to support or deny the existance of sasquatch, which means things like the PGF, foot prints, modern and historical reports of sasquatch, habitat and food sources required to support large omnivores, and all of this evidence clearly points into an actual sasquatch creature, rather than hoax, misidentification or fantasy.
>>
>>4158190
>Stupid shit like "Bigfoot is an alien/Dimension hopper who can make himself invisible" that floats around because morons can't fathom the idea of a wild animal being smart enough to be sneaky
Anon that floats around because its a common fallback for people who confidantly hold beliefs they're not qualified to vette, and when presented with mounting evidence they fall back on /x/ shit because that's all they ever had in the first place.
Just like ghosts and ufos somehow the minute everyone started walking around with high quality digital cameras 24/7 these "sightings" all suspiciously start to dry up.
No one invested in their conspiracy is willing to entertain simpler more rational explanations so they double down on illogical shit like a galactic coverup by space-jews.
>>
>>4158190
Agreed, those mystics mud the water of what otherwise would be a legit scientific pursuit
>>
>>4158210
>there are no more ghost or UFO sightings since cellphone cameras
Yes there is. I’ve see UFOs. Go try to get a picture of the moon on your cellphone tonight and come back to us glowtard. Any good quality pictures just get wrote off as fakes.
>>
File: Trent UFO 2.jpg (52 KB, 725x543)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>4158210
>ghosts and ufos somehow the minute everyone started walking around with high quality digital cameras 24/7 these "sightings" all suspiciously start to dry up.

Bullshit. There are just as many reports of UFO's as there ever have been. The "high quality" cameras people walk around with are designed to take pictures of objects at close range in ideal light conditions, and those conditions are rarely, if ever, reported in UFO sightings.

Regardless, UFO's have already been captured on film in great enough detail to demonstrate their reality, and yet they are attacked as "hoax" or "fake" by contrarians and those tasked with keeping their existence secret from the world.
>>
>>4158273
I never understood this argument? They never “dried up.” This guy is just pulling shit out of his ass at this point. The US government admitted that UFOs exist.
>>
>>4158210
>it’s a common fall back
Maybe on YouTube or Facebook where you obviously watched one or two videos in and then dismissed the entire topic.
>>
>>4158289
>never understood this argument?

It comes froms trolls, idiots, people that just need to be "right", and people that have some type of issue with humans not being the only intelligent species in the cosmos.

Same thing applies to sasquatch.
>>
>>4158210
>Just like ghosts and ufos somehow the minute everyone started walking around with high quality digital cameras 24/7 these "sightings" all suspiciously start to dry up.

I don't know man, seems like there's more sightings by the day. I think skeptics and such are just too incredibly dismissive of footage because they don't understand the technology that they brag about not being what they think it is or the really dumb "Why didn't you get closer to the 7 to 8ft tall uncatalogued animal dude" argument that so many people liked to throw around back in the day

>inb4 Those recorded sightings are fake

Then I honestly wouldn't know where to go with this argument because it would become clear that you'd have no real interest in the topic and would feverishly demand the impossible like a fresh dead corpse on your kitchen table to get you to believe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mQTw5TElmQ going to get further away from the glow shit or aliens and stuff and more onto stuff like “South America and it’s contents”, I have a feeling less densely furred or smaller as in the case of this video bigfeet spawn down in the more tropical hellhole that is there, also if anybody were ever qualified to smuggle that shit it would be the jungle crawling Brazilians
>>
>>4158289
Well of-course unidentified flying objects exist.
>>
stop calling them ufos it's unidentified aerial phenomena
>>
https://youtu.be/LmRBUSK_Dsg
This thing is hauling ass through muddy ground
>>
File: E3MvAsdWUAUeqch.jpg (81 KB, 975x962)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>4158715
when it started to run
>>
>>4146867
The dude in the suit only walked weird due to wearing the suit. If he didn't lift his legs higher the foot would scrape on the ground. So he had to kick his foot back further. These images are only convincing to those that already are or want to be convinced.
>>
You can see the bad science. The weak, high school level of understanding. The deep desire to believe in something.

UAPs have much more compelling evidence. Where are the bigfoot remains? The scat, hair, teeth, or anything that can be tested? Instead we have foot impressions. Foot impressions that are commonly made by hucksters selling them at conventions. Tried and true craft projects can create good casts.

UAPs? They've been observed by advanced instruments and documented by our own military. There have been accounts made by people who have absolutely no relation to each other, located miles apart, observing the same phenomena.

UAPs have much more compelling evidence than Bigfoot.
>>
>>4159008
This hypothesis is easily falsified by the fact that the use of costumes has no significant impact on foot or leg angles during the walking gait of known actors in suits, nor does the use of wearing different kind of shoes, such as clown shoes. The reason no significant changes are observed is due to the fact human anatomy is limited by its design, and is not designed to achieve the angles observed in the PGF during a normal walking gait.

> The deep desire to believe in something.

The fact you CHOOSE to ignore the evidence concerning the PGF demonstrates it is YOU, and people like you, that have the "deep desire to believe in something".

NONE of the evidence observed on the PGF supports the suit theory, be it the appearance, the arm length, or the walking gait, and yet "true believers", like you, choose to ignore evidence in order to support your "deep desire to believe", while the rest of us look for and accept actual evidence, regardless if it supports our "belief" or not. You're no different than the Catholic church rejecting the evidence provided by Galileo Galilei because it defied their world view.
>>
>>4157387
The distribution reminds me of the western interior seaway
>>
>>4159125
Sure does.

Their habitat seems to rely pretty heavily on river and stream systems, which are abundant in mountainous and rolling terrain. River and stream systems tend to have an abundance of vegetation for concealment, even in urban areas, and are natural focal points for a variety of land animals that could be used as a food resources. Those systems also tend to have an ample source of fish, shellfish, insects, and edible plants.
>>
>>4159015
Calm down plebbit. We’ve had hair and scat tested.
>muh teeth
Ever heard of porcupines? How about rodents in general?
>>
>>4159015
>tried and true craft projects can create good casts
No they can’t.
>>
Newfag here. What's the closest thing to an unedited copy of the PGF online? Everywhere I go it's always part of an analysis. Wikipedia tells me enough, but surely something like this would be on the Internet.

>>4146356
Pretty sure "Dude's name is Dan Inosanto.
>>
>>4159272

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q60mSMmhTZU

This should be good enough.
Unfortunately it might seem that the PGF is buried under tons of analysis and HOAX videos
>>
>>4159272
Nah, that's not Dan. Dan's a little shorter than Bruce.

I wouldn't even bother with the original. Just go with a stabilized version imo. Check out M.K. Davis or Bill Munns for some good examples.

M.K. has some wild speculation, but he has a lot of experience using astronomy programs that can adjust light spectrums and such, which allows for observing greater details.
>>
>>4158715
I’m convinced the skunk ape is some sort of inbred escaped orangutang
>>
>>4159290
And the letter that accompanies the photo
>>
>>4159280
>PGF is buried

Pretty much. The algorithms are all adjusted to prioritize the shill sites from the MsM and the idiots claiming that it was a hoax.
>>
>>4159292
IMO, this letter helps explain:
>why don't we have better photo's of a sasquatch

This letter contributes to data that explains why there is seemingly an absence of ample photographic evidence of a sasquatch.

1. The writer states they prefer to remain anonymous.
2. The writer states they don't want "any fuss", meaning attention.
3. The writer doesn't want "people with guns traipsing around" behind her house.
4. This letter is addressed to an unknown party, but obviously a party the writer feels won't publicize the event. Maybe the police?

All of the factors cited above contrbute to why high quality photo's, such as the one taken, don't get the public attention that many people think they would. Most people just want to be left alone, and would prefer that the issue of a sasquatch is simply handled by animal control or police.
>>
>>4159293
>idiots claiming that it was a hoax

I'm tired of people claiming it's a hoax because they watched a video of some old fat guy claiming he was the dude in the suit even though his information is dubious and this isn't even the first guy to claim it was him
>>
>>4159298
Not just that but plenty of people don't want to be labelled "The Crazy Person" because they said they saw some weird shit in the forests
People who think they know more than they do tend to be judgmental of others and likely wouldn't leave the person alone if they knew who it was
>>
>>4159298
It was addressed to animal control in hopes of removing the animal
>>
>>4159290
Post full photos
>>
>>4159388
>>
>>4159388
It towers over the palmettos
>>
File: Palmetto comparison.png (3.46 MB, 1642x1275)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB PNG
>>4159392
>>4159394
It looks like an orangutan, but it seems way too fucking tall. Saw palmetto plants range anywhere from 3 to say, 6 feet tall.

>pic related
Men standing by saw palmetto that should be roughly the same size as that shown in the critter pic.

Orangutan or not, that's not some shit I want to see in my back yard in the dark of night.
>>
>>4159290
>>4159292
>>4159392
>>4159394
In my opinion this story seems completely realistic and way too well done to not be real, and Floridian, just the usually “Flordia man” reporters were too scary to report on the stinky ape because normies will actually get to see good quality close up photos
>>
>>4159605
Yeah but what is it? It’s not a Sasquatch but it’s not a known ape either.
>>
>>4159611
>not a Sasquatch
Could be a variant of the same base species. Kind of like a black tail deer vs. a white tail deer.

It does seem to be too tall to be an orangutan imo.
>>
>>4159637
I think that photo is of an orangutan. We have no idea how tall those plants are and it acts and looks like a sumatran organgutan.
Bob Gymlan: https://youtu.be/jndA857AkU4
Loren Coleman: http://lorencoleman.com/the-myakka-skunk-ape-photographs/
>. In 1992, Hurricane Andrew destroyed a number of research and breeding centers and a good portion of the Miami zoo, setting loose 5,000 animals, from baboons and orangutans to wallabies and capybaras, known to some as hog-sized rats
> Many researchers believe that Skunk Apes are the descendants of orangutans that escaped from traveling circuses that frequented Florida during the mid-20th century
The letter accompanying the photos included a guess that it was an escaped orangutan as well, and they wanted to remain anonymous. So it could even be that they had an illegal orangutan, set it free, but it wouldn't leave so they called the cops on it and pretended it wasn't theirs. Although there are obviously other reasons she may have wanted to remain anonymous, maybe it was so the cops wouldn't come over and find evidence that they were keeping an orangutan. Could be Bigfoot or his cousin though, who knows
>>
>>4159637
It doesn’t look like the average description of a Sasquatch even the so called southern race/sub species doesn’t appear like that in reports.
>>
>>4159657
Why does it have black hair then?
>>
Is there any good documentaries or books on the sasquatch/yeti ?
>>
>>4159657
>>4159725
Yea, it could be an orangutan. It just seems taller than it should imo, but doesn't appear to have a hooded nose, which is almost always used when describing a sasquatch.

>>4159727
Maybe a diet issue? Dunno.
>>
>>4159739
There's a link in the thread that has a great lecture by Dr. Jeff Meldrum. I'd recommend that to start.
>>
>>4145703
Why would glowniggers post on boards like these?
>>
File: orang.png (212 KB, 298x378)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>4159727
could just be a dark brown orangutan, their color varies (see attached)
or could be diet or hygiene issue like >>4159764
said. It's florida, so maybe its hair is just covered in mud/dirt
>>
File: beard.jpg (188 KB, 1080x1080)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>4159976
they also get that grey "beard" when they get older
>>
>>4159657
comparison from Loren Coleman's site
>>
Either bing or duckduckgo or some weird browser is good to search for Bigfoot, either that or much more weird routes
>>
>>4160516
duckduckgo is pretty much a google clone and returns the same controlled and censored crap.
>>
So why would Bigfoot or any extant unknown ape(?) being worth covering up?
Genuinely curious
>>
>>4160637
Because its a convenient excuse for the lack of substantial falsifiable evidence and why no one believes them.
Its also circular justification for their obsession because if it wasn't true then why would they be trying to cover it up?
>>
>>4160637
We don't know, but I provided some guesses earlier in the thread:
>>4145687
>>4151243
>>
>>4160637
Seems silly to me, but then humans have a history of being pretty fucking stupid about seemingly trivial issues.

Examples:
1. Meteorites that fall to Earth
- Amazingly enough, it was once thought impossible that meteorites could possibly fall to Earth because they were made of rocks, and OF COURSE, rocks are too heavy to be carried by the wind and fall from the sky.
>Scientists Didn’t Believe in Meteorites Until 1803
>https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/1803-rain-rocks-helped-establish-existence-meteorites-180963017/
2. The Earth and planets revolve around the Sun
>Heliocentrism and the Galileo affair: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair
3. Cougar populations being denied and covered up in various states
>In Michigan, retired DNR forester Mike Zuidema says he was ridiculed when he reported seeing a cougar. Zudiema has now documented 1,100 cougar sightings in upper Michigan since the 1950s and believes authorities are trying to hide a growing cougar population.
>https://abc7chicago.com/archive/6158309/

I think there could be economic issues at stake, such as for the forestry, energy, mining industries, but imo the number one reason for the cover up is because NOBODY wants to be the first to admit that their agency/state/government branch has been lying to the public for generations.
>>
>>4159781
Why indeed? The Jannies probably let them know when something is going on in a board they don’t usually monitor.
>>
>>4160669
>falsifiable evidence
Explain how the track cast that Meldrum has could be faked.
>>
>>4160637
>Governments/Corporations don't want to admit they've been killing highly intelligent animals this entire time, greatly reducing their numbers over the years

It would be a massive shitstorm if this came to light, that they always knew that we had a gorilla-type animal hanging in our woods unprotected solely because people didn't want to admit they were indirectly killing them

>Government doesn't want people knowing Bigfoot is real because then more people are gonna notice the correlation between disappearances and bigfoot sightings taking place within the same area

National parks may lose money if people knew there was a chance of them wandering into bigfoot territory and getting fucking brained with one punch by them and your body never being found again
Yeah sure we camp in the forest knowing there might be bears or wolves nearby but there are established ways of avoiding a confrontation with these animals, not Bigfoot
>>
>>4160904
That’s a great point and I’m not trying to diminish it but Bigfoot is clearly reclusive/avoidant so I don’t think avoiding a Bigfoot encounter would be too hard especially if you tried
>>
>>4160967
I don’t want to be around any apex predator of that size if it’s having a bad day no matter how reclusive it is. Even armed you’re in its element and it’s obviously the second smartest animal on the planet.
>>
>>4160967
>Bigfoot is clearly reclusive/avoidant

This seems to be the case in the majority of the reports. However, there could be groups or individuals that may view humans as a potential first choice food source, and they may take advantage of opportunities to snatch up humans as prey items while other individuals and groups may not.
>>
>>4160967
I wouldn't risk my kid going missing. There is one classic case of a child going missing and an entirely separate group claiming to have seen the kid being carried off by some big hairy fella that I believe they assumed was a naked dude
Primates have a history of going after young children, even South America has a similar bigfoot like creature that went after the children in their folklore stories
>>
>>4161055
I think that part of the case was fabricated.
>>
>>4161088
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=866u-JYrMq4

Bigfoot totally killed that boy
>>
Bump from page 7
>>
>>4161157
Meh....tough call imo. A lot of conflicting information in that case. Seems like that boy should have been found with all those people though, so who knows.
>>
File: Survival whistle.jpg (152 KB, 1500x1428)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>4161157
Equip your kids, nieces, nephews, and any other kid in your charge with a whistle they can use to call out an alarm if they get snatched up or lost.
>>
>>4158210
> Just like ghosts and ufos somehow the minute everyone started walking around with high quality digital cameras 24/7 these "sightings" all suspiciously start to dry up.
Imbecile. theres even official sources
>>
AAAAAAHHHHH FUCK IT’S BIGFOOT!!! BIGFOOT IS IN MY HOUSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! NO STOP PLEASE I CANT DO ANYMORE REPS NOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! MOMMY HELP ME!!!!!
>>
File: 1618361314348.jpg (30 KB, 890x668)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>4162247
>>
>>4147393
Lol
>>
File: Bigfoot and wildboy.jpg (282 KB, 1126x1442)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>
>>4152025
cool
>>
Here's how to prove Bigfoot is real or not
According to Missing 411 and Native accounts, Bigfoot snatch people
We take a reborn baby doll, put a tracker or camera in it, leave it in the woods, and wait if its taken or not
>>
>>4162975
Meh....they'll be able to tell it's fake pretty quick. Would be interesting to see what, if anything, would happen though imo.
>>
>>4163012
I'd say we test it with known primates anyways
>>
File: Orang teeth.jpg (134 KB, 649x900)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>
>>4150094
Me bottom left
>>
>>4163713
WTF happened to your head?
>>
File: 14579682278655.png (290 KB, 500x497)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
He's not real anons, accept it like I did
>>
>>4164034
Nah, go away glowie
>>
>>4164086
This.
>>
>>4164034
They all died out by the 90s
>>
>>4159292
The sound she describes as a deep “woomp” definitely sounds like it could be an orangutang https://youtu.be/GYZc2iLjOQg
>>
>>4161157
Wasn't a bigfoot per se but a backwards wildman, which all things considered is a worse thing to be abducted by. The Green Berets were there to snuff the sizable population of them in the area out and keep it quiet.
The locals there know the real story.
>>
>>4156043
If this would be case. We would actually see large mammals, rattites, Amphibians and plants exchange between the 2 contients. Not only flxing and swiming species
But infact are the species of Austria closest to the of South America.
In most cases are the species of Java closer related to species from Greenland and Alaska, then to near Newguinea
>>
>>4164457
>source dude trust me
>>
>>4164676
Apparently the so called wild man was just a retired hermit who had a house on the border of the park. He had a car and everything.
>>
>>4145606
If Bigfoot exists, and the footprints are real, then phylogenetic bracketing shows it to be a direct descendants of australopithecines.
Mid-tarsal break like non-Homo anthropoid apes, but an in-like big toe like the genus Homo. This only fits Australopithecines. Gigantopithecus, a member of Ponginae, which branched off far earlier than australopithecines, could not have possibly evolved the exact same feet.
If we are to remain consistent in the application of phylogenetic bracketing, then Bigfoot can’t possibly have eyeshine either, a trait that is not possessed by any hominid, but is retained by basal primates like tarsiers.
>>
>>4165105
Is it impossible for a higher primate species to evolve “eye shine” to see better in the dark?
>>
>>4162975
Or better, get a wife
, impregnate her, when your child is 5 years old put a tracker and gopro on him

>>4164706
There is no way abos came there by boatd, they didn't even invent bows and arrows. Must've been some kind of land bridge back then.
>>
>>4164676
>Green Berets were there to snuff the sizable population

Soldiers don't hunt down and murder citizens. That's what police do.
>>
File: Eyeshine.jpg (36 KB, 406x498)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>4165105
>a trait that is not possessed by any hominid,

Pretty much anything with eyes can have eyeshine under the right circumstances, as all eyeshine is is light reflecting back out into the environment from the inside of the eyes themselves.
>>
>>4165174
They had boomerangs and spears. I think the could invent a raft.
>>
>>4165200
not just any eye can create what's commonly referred to as eyeshine: https://www.nhcf.org/what-were-up-to/why-animals-eyes-shine-at-night-but-peoples-dont/
>>4165145
I suspect it's not impossible, just unlikely
>>
File: I wish....png (328 KB, 600x623)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>4157257
>>
Whatever they are they're smart as fuck, as there aren't nearly as many accounts of them being hit by cars as there are other animals, and people alike.
>>
>>4165200
Infrared being picked up by a shit camera doesn't count.
>>
>>4165997
Don't hurt your back moving that goalpost, buddy.
>>
Bump for Bigfoot
>>
>>4166479
There is absolutely no point in having eyeshine if you can't see the spectrum being reflected.
>>
>>4166479
https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/bigfoot_eyeshine_a_contradiction/
>Many animals exhibit eyeshine. That is because of their tapetum lucidum, a mirrorlike membrane behind the retina that reflects light back through it, allowing the animals to see better in the dark. Now, notwithstanding the unrelated “red-eye effect” in photos of people (due to the camera’s flash reflecting from the retina), neither humans nor the great apes (unlike primitive apes such as lemurs) have tapetums. That would seem to preclude Bigfoot eyeshine, given that it is generally supposed to be some type of large bipedal primate.
>Many of the cases could represent bears, I think, considering that bear eyeshine is consistent with the reports. That of the brown bear can show in photos as yellow to yellow-orange, while some witnesses describe red or green; black bear eyeshine can also appear yellow to orange, although red is sometimes reported. Color variations can be due to certain nutrients, for example, as well as iris color and lens distortion (“Ask” 2017).
>unrelated "red-eye effect"
>>
>>4165105
>then Bigfoot can’t possibly have eyeshine either
Wrong.
> a trait that is not possessed by any hominid,
KNOWN hominid.

It is completely unreasonable to make definitive proclamations about the anatomical capabilities of a species that seems to have evolved along the lines of the sasquatch. Even if they are part of the same great ape family, their eyes could have evolved in a manner that allows them to make use of darkness far better than the rest of the great apes. Eyeshine observed by many witnesses claiming to have sasquatch encounters could demonstrate this capability and adaptation to darkness, COULD being the key word.
>>
>>4165202
How could one invent a raft but never invent bows and arrows wtf were they doing?
>>
>>4165174
>>4167521
I might be dating myself but wasn’t the working theory they sailed there and eventually just forgot how to make boats
>>
>>4167606
I doubt that due to the fact that cultures that have boat making skills usually use them for fishing and pass on the techniques they learn to future generations.
>>
Hypothetically if Crawlers exist would they be distantly related to Bigfoot?

pic related i know is fake
>>
>>4168588
They don’t exist. It’s stupid shit from creepy pasta. You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>4168591
>anon doesnt know what speculative means
I never said they Existed dipshit im asking from a speculative biology standpoint
>>
>>4168593
There’s already a thread for that. This is a Bigfoot thread.
>>
>>4168588
What the fuck is a Crawler, anon? That looks like the image people use to describe the Rake and the Rake also isn't specifically anything other than a weird humanoid monster.
At least Bigfoot could possibly be some sort of type of Primate
>>
>>4168818
Made up rake like thing, basically a feral crackhead but an “animal” in the forest like the classic native accurate wendigo, and yeah the image is fake, and mostlikely so is the creature vs Bigfoot, this is just some SE stuff
>>
Another bump, will have to make a new thread soon due to close to bump limit
>>
File: 1642257247083.jpg (16 KB, 331x242)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Back in like 2008 there was a video of a potential sasquatch shot on a hunter's camera that was really convincing but I've never been able to find it since. The creature was sitting on its butt and looking at its hand or something and the guy filming kept saying "That's not a fucking bear". Have any anons here seen that footage?
>>
>>4170081
Haven't seen that one. Probably buried by the tech goons for their fed overlords.
>>
>>4170081
>>4170145
How much cryptid footage do you guys think is floating around the deep, or is this schizoposting, saving this description though incase anybody does actually find it
>>
>>4170081
this? https://youtu.be/Ss_Gm_N5C48
>>
>>4170165
That's not it. This one was of lower quality BUT the cameraman did get a several second lingering shot on an animal that had very realistic movement. I remember watching and thinking "that thing actually looks and moves like an ape". Does anybody know how to search by year on youtube?
>>
>>4170165
>>4170171
before:2010 bigfoot
That is an exampme
>>
You know, I was just about to bitch and complain about this belonging on /x/, but then I remembered the alternative is more zoophile and pitbull threads, and this has actual relevant discussion, so I guess this isn't the worst.
May as well ask while I'm here, though: is there anything in Bigfoot discussions that people who ardently believe Bigfoot can't be real will find interesting?
>>
>>4170157
>How much cryptid footage do you guys think is floating around

A metric shit-ton. Search engines on every major search site have been manipulated, however, making them extremely hard, if impossible, to find.
>>
>>4170081
Where did you see it?
>>
File: RatiosA.jpg (54 KB, 311x508)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>4145606
I don't know about any of you guys, but I personally think this video is one of the pieces of bigfoot evidence of all time. It's all there: the weird face proportions, the quick, fluid movement, the tree peaking...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7g4xtScS5U&t=1s
>>
>>4170332
I thought it was fake at first, but have since come to conclude that it is legit.
1. The eyes, nose, and mouth can be observed to move when it reacts to the light. This means it's not a mask.
2. The gap between the mouth and nose is way too large for it to be a normal person.
3. The subject displays eyeshine that can be observed briefly through the trees before the light hits it directly.
4. The reflexes and speed of movement seem to be above that of what you would expect from a man in a costume.

Information about this incident is extremely hard to find, so the man that filmed it obviously isn't trying to profit from the incident, and I don't think I've ever seen a single interview with him on any platform. Regardless, that's some shit I would NOT want to be seeing at night in the woods.
>>
>>4170455
The thing that gets me is that super quick head dip that leads into a run when it evades the light. Those over exaggerated, but quick and purposeful movements are weird key detail you'll often hear if you've listened to a lot of encounters.
>>
>>4170491
>super quick head dip

It reacts to the light and is on the run within like 2/10's of a second. That's fucking fast.
>>
>>4170271
It was on youtube.
>>
>>4170570
Thank you
>>
>>4170570
>>4170081
Do you remember any other details? A channel or description or anything?
>>
>>4170683
No. I wish I'd saved it. I just remember that the animal was sitting down and moving its arms a little bit. It didn't notice the cameraman. The camera man swears a little and says "That's not a fucking bear" and I think he had some kind of city accent (maybe from the North East). The camera man actually turns as he's running a way and zooms in on the animal and gets a really good shot too.
>>
>>4170739
Was it in a swamp?
>>
>>4170739
>>4170740
Don’t leave on us shin when we are somewhat close to figuring out the general video it is, is the video or anything mentioning Bigfoot in the title or description or no?

Also general question but what should be the next subject and image for BFG 2 anons?
>>
>>4170739
Was it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb9YcIlkl_c
>>
>>4170207
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azm6w5QiiNE

Bob's channel
>>
>>4170740
No it was in a forest and I know it wasn't called skunk ape.
>>4171215
I saw this video over a decade ago. I used to watch it a lot but I haven't seen it anywhere since. It wasn't very long at all, under a minute. The quality of the footage wasn't very good though. It looked like it was shot on a phone, but I distinctly remember the cameraman zooming in
>>
>>4171273
Not this one either
>>
how do the bigfooters explain that there is no creature in the fossil record that indicates the existence of bigfoot?
>>
>>4171340
We know little about our own history so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a whole genus group that we're just not aware of because fossils either don't exist anymore or are somewhere where we aren't looking
>>
>>4171340
gorilla fossil record is what... one tooth?
>>
>>4171215
for BFG 2 you should still include a link to Bob Gymlan channel, and maybe a pic of the Florida myakka swamp ape or something like pic related. Bob's channel has a lot of footage you could screenshot and use from one of the videos he's examined
>>
>>4171326
https://youtu.be/xX1WvRHfmHQ

This?
>>
>>4171460
Not this one either. It definitely took place in North America. And it was a very short video
>>
File: Times article.png (285 KB, 681x705)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>4171340
First, how do you know we don't already have fossils of an as yet to be identified large primate? I've seen quite a few small articles like pic related from various news sources discussing such discoveries. This is not absolute evidence, of course, but it can't be dismissed either due to the fact our various government agencies have a long history of lying to the people about a wide variety of subjects.

Second, the fossil record is far from complete.

This is from 2005: https://www.nature.com/articles/news050829-10
>First chimp fossil unearthed
>Palaeontologists digging in the dusty wastelands of East Africa have discovered the first known chimpanzee fossil. The modest haul of just three teeth

THREE teeth found 17 years ago is all we have on record of chimp fossils.

That should tell you that the fossil record is far from complete, and that the absence of any animal fossil doesn't exclude the possibility of their existence in the environment.
>>
>>4171409
Going to try something like “Flordia Bigman Edition”, or is that too stupid, bob’s channel and a link to this thread is a must though
>>
Going to make the new thread in t-2 hours I feel like, will link it in here
>>
>>4172075
New thread everybody
>>4172189
>>4172189
>>4172189

Thanks everybody for helping this one here
>>
>>4171406
three, actually, primate fossil record accounts for only 5% of the estimated total



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.